New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 110010)

AZ What's FS/FT

By 1iblind

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,969 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Darkwing
  • Topic is favorited by 107 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 51 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20160423_1806448_(resized).jpg
EK_bl-20_powdercoating_(resized).jpg
IronManVE_Apron_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4447_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4450_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4449_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4448_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4446_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4444_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4445_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4443_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4441_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4442_(resized).jpg

There are 1969 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 40.
#1401 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Sweet, right down the street from work. I’ll definitely stop and check it out. You should definitely put more pins there

LOL! I wish...it isn't my bar and they don't want it to be a full pinball bar, but at very least I'll have 2-3 in there always. If you guys want to stay in touch on the forums, I typically update this post every time I add something or clean/wax them. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorpion-phoenix.

Post local licensing, taxes and repairs, they almost manage to pay for themselves . It certainly isn't a cash grab, so don't judge me for charging money...but I love the idea of socializing these great old games. It also gives me experience restoring them, and as I said earlier I get to own more of them if I can find places for them to live.

#1402 1 year ago

I'll definitely check it out. I live off Elliot and Rural. Make sure pinballmap.com is updated. It only has the scorpion listed. The Grid used to have a TNA, but they no longer have pinball machines, and I dont believe the operator put that machine anywhere else. dont know if that means it wasnt earning or what. I think it was sunraypinball. Maybe you could ask them.

Quoted from Aniraf:

I’ve been trying to cycle older games into my friend’s bar and do the coin-op thing. That said, I pre-ordered an Oktoberfest machine from American Pinball the day pre-orders went live. Reading the posts above, is this something people would go to my friend’s bar in Chandler to play? I suspect it will be the only one on location for a little while. I still haven’t seen a #tna on location in AZ and I’ve thought about putting mine out there. I’m not looking to make a lot of money, I just love the game and don’t have space for a monster collection.

#1403 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

LOL! I wish...it isn't my bar and they don't want it to be a full pinball bar, but at very least I'll have 2-3 in there always. If you guys want to stay in touch on the forums, I typically update this post every time I add something or clean/wax them. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorpion-phoenix.
Post local licensing, taxes and repairs, they almost manage to pay for themselves . It certainly isn't a cash grab, so don't judge me for charging money...but I love the idea of socializing these great old games. It also gives me experience restoring them, and as I said earlier I get to own more of them if I can find places for them to live.

Interesting. I grew up in Ahwatukee after moving there from Mesa when Chandler Blvd was just a two lane road that got flooded out every time it rained and my house was surrounded by cotton fields. It was actually so early in the expansion to that area that our home builder went bankrupt. I now live in Maricopa and am in the Ahwatukee area at least 2-3 times each weekend. I just never go that far east on Ray to have seen the bar. Although I did used to go to the movie theater and the Wangs Fine Chinese dining that used to be in the strip mall on Kyrene right down from the bar a lot. I may check it out with the wife and neighbors when we venture out for a night of enbibing.

#1406 1 year ago

That's what I get for typing in bed past my bedtime lol. Dup posts and making up words.... "imbibing"

Plus the wife yells at me to turn the brightness down when it's literally at its lowest setting. I guess I can always just wait for my next Candy Crush life to pop in 13 minutes.... I should really just go to slerp.

#1408 1 year ago

The bar is awesome, but they don’t have food. That said, they are surrounded by it and you can bring in anything you want. Also a lot of the surrounding places deliver there.

#1409 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

The bar is awesome, but they don’t have food. That said, they are surrounded by it and you can bring in anything you want. Also a lot of the surrounding places deliver there.

I can vouch for the New India Gate buffet across the street Going to have to check out the pins at lunch.

#1410 1 year ago

I need a new (really good) Chinese food restaurant in the Ahwatukee/Chandler/Tempe area, any suggestions? I used to go to Wang's on Ray and Kyrene as mentioned back in the day then it closed. Then for 10+ years we went to Shangri La on Elliott and Alma School in Chandler, then it closed.

#1411 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I need a new (really good) Chinese food restaurant in the Ahwatukee/Chandler/Tempe area, any suggestions? I used to go to Wang's on Ray and Kyrene as mentioned back in the day then it closed. Then for 10+ years we went to Shangri La on Elliott and Alma School in Chandler, then it closed.

I'm from NY so I hate most Chinese places here, but China Magic Noodle House on Warner and Dobson was pretty tasty if you want noodles. They hand make them.

#1412 1 year ago
Quoted from jester523:

I'm from NY so I hate most Chinese places here, but China Magic Noodle House on Warner and Dobson was pretty tasty if you want noodles. They hand make them.

Bingo! China Magic Noodle house, shaved noodles...fantastic! Otherwise you're right, most Chinese food here is meh. I've had some mediocre Thai that is mostly inconsistent, but some really good Teppanyaki. Most of the places I would suggest are not in that Chandler/Ahwatukee area though :/.

#1413 1 year ago

Just checking, this forum is still about pinball?

#1414 1 year ago

More stream of consciousness than anything else... one thing leads to another. Sometimes we even get back around to pinball for brief moments then... Squirrel!

#1415 1 year ago

So this is what happens when a for sale thread has nothing to sell

#1416 1 year ago

I was just looking for someone selling Chinese food

#1417 1 year ago

Archived after 42 days
Sold off Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Circus Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished “1980 Gottlieb extra-widebody pinball machine. Comes with full LEDs and a brand new Rottendog MPU board, along with the original MPU, and manual. The original MPU doesn’t boot, ...”
2019-06-24
Vail, AZ
1,200 (OBO)

Doing my part.

#1418 1 year ago

Gonna try to help out as well. Sorta.

Got a 1982 Bally/Midway Satan's Hollow arcade game. Original survivor in good shape. $1200. PM me if interested.

#1419 1 year ago

Oh, right, pins for sale... Yeah I guess we could do that. Been on the fence about selling WH20 but I think the time has come. Badass condition, ColorDMD, 3D translite, LED’d, new ramps, etc. Believe I’m the 4th owner on this one. $6500 firm or I’d consider trading towards a JJP Pirates LE.

#1420 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Oh, right, pins for sale... Yeah I guess we could do that. Been on the fence about selling WH20 but I think the time has come. Badass condition, ColorDMD, 3D translite, LED’d, new ramps, etc. Believe I’m the 4th owner on this one. $6500 firm or I’d consider trading towards a JJP Pirates LE.

was this the one a zapcon last year ?

#1421 1 year ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

was this the one a zapcon last year ?

I wasn’t paying attention last year, but it may be. I was looking through the images on Yelp for Starfighters and thought I saw it there too.

#1423 1 year ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Hmmmm, do I smell a scam:
tucson.craigslist.org link

Maybe... someone better check it out!

#1424 1 year ago

Sounds like even scammers have an on the job learning curve....

#1425 1 year ago

I don’t even understand these Craigslist scams on pinball. What are they trying to get?

Different topic; I went to tilt tonight. I think Munster’s is pretty good, Deadpool is great and the Beatles is about as boring as you could make it. Maybe I am missing something with the Beatles, but it felt so lame.

I hate that tilt only has pro versions of everything. The LE versions are like different games.

#1426 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I don’t even understand these Craigslist scams on pinball. What are they trying to get?
Different topic; I went to tilt tonight. I think Munster’s is pretty good, Deadpool is great and the Beatles is about as boring as you could make it. Maybe I am missing something with the Beatles, but it felt so lame.
I hate that tilt only has pro versions of everything. The LE versions are like different games.

I think first and foremost they collect peoples emails so they can spam them. Anything other info i'm sure is a bonus to them.

Went to Tilt recently as well. I know i'm in the minority, but I was a little underwhelmed by Munsters. I love the theme and it's a gorgeous pin, but it felt like such a repeat layout. Still trying to understand the rules among rules, if you know what I mean.

Deadpool, on the other hand, is a theme i'm not too crazy about, but I love the layout and shots. Love playing that one whenever I see it.

Beatles was a surprise for me, actually. I enjoy that Seawitch layout. I thought it was fun.

#1427 1 year ago

Might be for real, maybe the guy just left off a zero at the end of his price. Not the best constructed C-list add I've ever read; making some allowances for the poster it doesn't completely jump out as a scam. Then again, what is the old axiom--"if it's G-mail it's probably a scam!"

#1428 1 year ago

After going to Tilt yesterday, I think I want an Iron Maiden. So I have 2 pins up for sale. First, Eight ball deluxe, white head box version. Playfield has been upgraded to LEDs and plays great. $2800 obo. Second, Lola Taxi. Recently shopped, plays amazing. Very minimal playfield wear, extra set of plastics. $3000 obo. Also have a Donkey Kong standup arcade.

Let me know if you’re interested.

#1429 1 year ago
Quoted from GarlandJenkins:

After going to Tilt yesterday, I think I want an Iron Maiden. So I have 2 pins up for sale. First, Eight ball deluxe, white head box version. Playfield has been upgraded to LEDs and plays great. $2800 obo. Second, Lola Taxi. Recently shopped, plays amazing. Very minimal playfield wear, extra set of plastics. $3000 obo. Also have a Donkey Kong standup arcade.

You won't regret it. I flew to Utah to pick mine up and drive it back. Going in, I wasn't a huge fan of the music I'll admit (being more of a Metallica guy), but the game is amazing and works it in very well.

#1430 1 year ago

Iron Maiden Pro for trade

#1431 1 year ago

I'm open to trading or selling Shadow or Batman 66 premium. My wishlist is up to date if looking to trade.

#1432 1 year ago

Have a huo flawless ghostbusters premium nicely moded looking to trade up or down

#1433 1 year ago

Looking for a Grand Lizard if anyone had one available.

#1434 1 year ago

Looking for a Demolition Man. Located in California and am fine with shipping. PM me

#1435 1 year ago

I will be listing a Stern Pirates of the Caribbean, Family Guy and an Avengers LE blue for sale this weekend. Looking for a MMrLE.

#1436 1 year ago

Shadow and Batman 66 are sold/traded. Thanks for the interest!

#1437 1 year ago

Listed my NASCAR today sell or trade

#1438 1 year ago

Looking for a Star Trek Pro

#1439 1 year ago

If you look at the Zapcon page (the home page is the only one currently updated) you can order a Star Trek pro for $4950 out the door price. I know cuz I checked on that very machine. They set it up at Zapcon, on free play for the weekend, and then you take it Sunday. Have to pay by April 11.
Speaking of Zapcon, it is not listed on Pinside under events.

#1440 1 year ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

If you look at the Zapcon page (the home page is the only one currently updated) you can order a Star Trek pro for $4950 out the door price. I know cuz I checked on that very machine. They set it up at Zapcon, on free play for the weekend, and then you take it Sunday. Have to pay by April 11.
Speaking of Zapcon, it is not listed on Pinside under events.

I think you need to bring a game to the show for that correct?

#1441 1 year ago

I've got a Star Trek pro with a Colordmd for $4800. Also willing to trade. Let me know what you've got!

#1442 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I think you need to bring a game to the show for that correct?

No, if you buy a game, it counts as bringing a game. Meaning you get in early or whatever the perks are for bringing a game.

#1443 1 year ago

After going to Tilt yesterday, I think I want an Iron Maiden. So I have 2 pins up for sale. First, Eight ball deluxe, white head box version. Playfield has been upgraded to LEDs and plays great. $2800 obo. Second, Lola Taxi. Recently shopped, plays amazing. Very minimal playfield wear, extra set of plastics. $3000 obo.

Ok, I’m dropping my prices for the pinsiders. $2500 firm for the Lola Taxi and $2300 firm for the EBD. Let’s make a deal this weekend.

#1444 1 year ago

Ok, I’m dropping my prices for the pinsiders. $2500 firm for the Lola Taxi and $2300 firm for the EBD. Let’s make a deal this weekend.

Dang. I'm tempted by the EBD. Was that one of mine?

#1445 1 year ago

Taxi? You say? You know a pinbot owner is a sucker for a taxi, right? Temptation is the root of all evil... If I had known at the time I could either go to TPF or buy a Taxi for about the same money or even less (we are paying for 4 people to go now) I would have stayed home. Yep.

#1446 1 year ago

That’s a nice playfield in that EBD. Great seller buy with confidence

#1447 1 year ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Dang. I'm tempted by the EBD. Was that one of mine?

I don’t think so, i think it came from a local woman though.

#1448 1 year ago

Well Taxi is gone, still have the 1981 EBD

#1449 1 year ago

Looking for pinball repair as good as firebird. Kris is too busy. Pm me on who you use and who you avoid. Thanks.

#1450 1 year ago

Wait for Kris!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 6,200.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 25.50
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 199.99
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 109.99
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 18.95
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
There are 1969 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 40.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside