5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,734 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Billy16
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 51 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20160423_1806448_(resized).jpg
EK_bl-20_powdercoating_(resized).jpg
IronManVE_Apron_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4447_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4450_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4449_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4448_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4446_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4444_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4445_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4443_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4441_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4442_(resized).jpg

There are 1734 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 35.
#551 2 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

At least we know where all the pins in the valley are now.

I pretty much gave up on buying locally, but it's only an extra $500 to ship from out of state. With the way the Phoenix market is going I definitely see a demand for non-locally sourced pins.

#552 2 years ago

I agree. I see better deals on the east coast. It's cool when you can 2 for 1 ship.

#553 2 years ago

Anyone with an GoT Premium/LE looking to sell? Found one out of state, but would rather not ship. I teetering between this and a Walking Dead Premium if someone wants to make a good deal.

#554 2 years ago

The BEST thing about shipping is you ALWAYS get exactly what you expected with no worries! haha... Sorry, I just HAD TO.

#555 2 years ago

Yeah it's rough these days especially for us guys who have limited $. Flash Gordon is a game I have been trying to get for years. I just can't sit around and wait for pins to pop up, reply within 30 seconds and drive out to pick up in a matter of minutes. And yes Gribbs I agree shipping is fool proof! Lmao.

#556 2 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Yeah it's rough these days especially for us guys who have limited $. Flash Gordon is a game I have been trying to get for years. I just can't sit around and wait for pins to pop up, reply within 30 seconds and drive out to pick up in a matter of minutes. And yes Gribbs I agree shipping is fool proof! Lmao.

Plus one here ,
Squeak I was actually supposed to go look that flash yesterday , but we all know what happened.
Hey Drag there's Paragon listed in Queen Creek today .

#557 2 years ago

I guess I will go on radio silence instead of getting all local guys pissd and it can be a mystery when games get bought. Not trying to start fires but when somthing pops up cheap I buy it. No secret been doing this for years. Many of time the games go to a buddy I know thats looking for one.

#558 2 years ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

I guess I will go on radio silence instead of getting all local guys pissd and it can be a mystery when games get bought. Not trying to start fires but when somthing pops up cheap I buy it. No secret been doing this for years. Many of time the games go to a buddy I know thats looking for one.

I'm just glad you dont live in Vegas!

#559 2 years ago

While I was loading the flash gordon up the seller said. Hey thanks for a easy hassle free pickup. 4 or 5 other buyers asked for pics and tons of qs regarding the condition and you just said said you would pick it up cash in hand. No secrets tricks or anything shady. Just keep a eye out and buy games that interest me. Somtimes cheap deals sometimes there not.

#560 2 years ago

I think all the guys are saying is sometimes letting someone else at least have a chance to get a good deal is fair. Not everyone can check their phone every second or be so available to grab a game right then. I do understand as a seller you being a buyer that doesn't need a picture of every inch of the game. That's nice. I'm like you if it's a title I want at a price I'm willing to pay im going to make it easy as possible on the seller.

#561 2 years ago

I'm not angry,
I just had an appointment to see the game, spoke to the seller first thing 8am yesterday told him I would come by around 230 . Called at 2 to let him know I was on my way and was told it had been sold to some guy in Phoenix.
So that's it .

#562 2 years ago

I, as an entry level guy to pinball, can see where the frustration can stem from. When you see someone with a ton of pins get another deal and you are trying to hunt for #1 or #2 and miss out it can be frustrating. But I see it as Drag has the time and money to do it. When I'm ready with cash and space I gear up and see what I can get. I can't just buy because it's a deal, he can. 2 of the 4 I've bought in my brief history were not on Craigslist. One post I responded to didn't work out but I asked and if they had anything else for sale and we worked out a deal on one that wasn't posted. I don't expect to flip a pin quick for cash. Sometimes I pay what they want which is high and sell later for whatever I can get. Another was a good deal and I responded first and got it. If the seller went with somebody else then that is on the seller. I've never met Drag in person but we've had some text conversations and he's always been pleasant and helpful to interact with. I don't see anything malicious in his intentions.

#563 2 years ago

I'm green with envy. Drag is living my dream life, but I know I will get there one day. If I was local I would force him to be my friend. I must say he is a stand up guy. He had a HG for sale that I missed out on. Because he kept his word to someone who contacted him before me and I was in town with cash. I haven't seen that he is buying everything then reselling for some crazy mark up. I would love to see his collection one day when I buy a game from him. On my side of town it's hard to beat the flippers that buy then add a grand or more. The thrill of the hunt is some times the best part.

#564 2 years ago

Im not the guy that steals deals and never offer more to snag one. Straight shooting I truly enjoy the hunt! Who doesn't want a fully playing flash gordon for 1k?

I do spend some time looking for deals. But buy my fair share of full retail priced game. Im not rich and worked hard my whole life to get to a point where I can blow some cash on another hobby. Being 33 full of energy motivated to hunt for them and some luck I have got some deals over the years.

All kidding aside I have ADHD. When I started buying collecting selling trade pins it truly helped me take the bottled up energy and focus it into somthing positive that my brother father-in-law and I all really enjoyed.

#565 2 years ago

If anyone wants to go to Tilt Studios. I just got a all day pass and will be there around 12. I play in Jordans league PLOP. this weeks games Aerosmith. Groupon had a all day pass for 18 bucks. Pinballs on me? Not that that will smooth over the FG purchase but cant hurt to try.

#566 2 years ago

You are only 33. That's it grab the pitchforks, let's get this guy. Only kidding, way to go bud. Nothing wrong with enjoying your great life, and should inspire the rest of us to get to that point one day.

#567 2 years ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

If anyone wants to go to Tilt Studios. I just got a all day pass and will be there around 12. I play in Jordans league PLOP. this weeks games Aerosmith. Groupon had a all day pass for 18 bucks. Pinballs on me? Not that that will smooth over the FG purchase but cant hurt to try.

Free pinball count me in. Im off work at 3 Chris and will head down. Thanks bro

#568 2 years ago

See you then. Taking Dave and Jim with me. My wife will be there mid afternoon aswell. Should be fun.

#569 2 years ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

I play in Jordans league PLOP. this weeks games Aerosmith.

what league is this never heard of it?

#570 2 years ago

Not mad drag. Just knowing what collecting was 5 years ago and what it has become today it can get frustrating at times. And circumstances have changed for me recently so it's harder than ever for me to find deals I can afford. Plus I can't remember a time when games have been snatched up so fast. I didn't even see the posting for Flash Gordon it was gone so fast. As long as your playing and not hoarding I will live!

#571 2 years ago

Pinball League of Phoenix. Good buddy runs it. Super cool you just play one game in the wild every week get your best score take a picture and send it in. The League's first round was at my house we had a huge taco bar and play Pinball golf on my games. Then finals Zapcon. Like 13 weeks this year. This is its 3rd season. 25 bucks to join.

#572 2 years ago

any links? is it for ifpa points?

#573 2 years ago

No its not. Real laid back. Just a group of friends that all really enjoy playing pinball. We do a lot of trading buying selling in the group. garlandjenkins runs it.

#574 2 years ago

I hear that squeakman. Don't want to upset anyone. Just enjoy buying trading pins. And when deals pop up I pounce.

#575 2 years ago

Someone pounce on my Banzai Run. I'm looking for other games too.

#576 2 years ago

It's no secret on how to get those best Craigslist deals.

#1 watch CL like a hawk.
#2 have cash handy at all times.
#3 be ready to go at a moments notice and go immediately to see it. If you are not looking at the machine within an hour of it being posted you aren't going to be the one buying it. Even if you already agreed to buy it, if you schedule a later time to pick it up someone else will come in and snipe a done deal by offering more money. Some of those posting in this very thread have bid over me on a done deal and got the machine because they said they could get there an hour earlier.
#4 MOST IMPORTANT TIP: don't haggle over the phone/email/text if it it already deal priced. I have gotten so many machines by responding to the ad with "I want to buy your machine now for your asking price" rather than hemming and hawing and asking for pictures and saying you want to come see it rather than you want to come buy it. If it's a steal of a deal the seller already will have a dozen other calls and telling them you want to buy it usually puts you to the top of their call back list. And worse case scenario you get there and it's a turd simply back out.
#5 Ask the seller to pull down the ad if you agree to a deal (keeps the sour grapes from calling and telling them they are getting pennies on the dollar.)
#6 Don't be upset when you miss deals. It takes a lot of time to be a master CL picker. Plus It's only Pinball.

Luckily I have enough customers calling me to sell their games so I don't have to fight the hordes, and especially Dragdaily , to get these CL deals.

#577 2 years ago

As as usual the best pinball Tech in the world is right. On a few occasions I bought pins off of Kris when I want a nice examples thats fully working. Ok ok more than a few

#578 2 years ago

I've delt with drag, thanks again for my dream machine that T2. I made a phone call to a guy he said oh I know who bought that gave Drag my number. I know what he bought it for I know what he sold it to me for. Great deal,delivered it to my place.

We talked and BSed said to me hey man you ever wanna come over and play any of my maxhines just let me know your more than welcome.

Nothing but good things to say about that guy.

By the way im in San Jose for work. If any of you see anything on CL let me know I'll check it out for you. Stuff just sits up here forever on CL

#579 2 years ago

So just for fun I check the Phoenix CL and ooooof course there's a nice nightmare on elm st for sale when I'm not in town.

Those are the breaks lol.

#580 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan:

So just for fun I check the Phoenix CL and ooooof course there's a nice nightmare on elm st for sale when I'm not in town.
Those are the breaks lol.

I think it will be there waiting for you if he's married to his $2800 asking price.

#581 2 years ago

What is all this bitching about? Craigslist is a first come first serve cash is king marketplace. If Drag gets there first, more power to him. If anything we could use him as a resource to find pins in the valley. He's not hording these games, but is very generous to share, buy, and sell pins with. Having used Craigslist many times to buy and sell I know how often people will give you the runaround and waste your time. Deals aren't finalized until cash is in hand and I'm helping someone load up their new pin. It's capitalism pure and simple!

#582 2 years ago

Chris is cool. I don't think anyone is really upset over it. Best thing we can do as a pinball community is keep the games within the community. A friend told me once the minute you ship a game that game gets taken out of local circulation. Best to sell or trade amongst us. Anyone willing to bring in new inventory hey that's cool

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Chris is cool. I don't think anyone is really upset over it. Best thing we can do as a pinball community is keep the games within the community. A friend told me once the minute you ship a game that game gets taken out of local circulation. Best to sell or trade amongst us. Anyone willing to bring in new inventory hey that's cool

This man speaks the truth!

#584 2 years ago

I go to captains auction and buy what im in the mood for....sure sometimes you pay a little extra but you bring some cool stuff back ...and whenever im done with a pin i take it back and get something new ....

#585 2 years ago

I've got an extra OEM DMD from a '95 Williams (was JM), working when I took it out... $100. Another ColorDMD casualty hehe...

#586 2 years ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

The PLOP format sounds awesome, thanks for the heads up. I wish I could have made it yesterday, but yesterday was flipper rebuild day for Rollergames. It's 100% now... Part of me wonders if the poor guy who sold the pin even knew the flippers could be rebuilt. They were so limp I wondered what he did with the machine in that state other than wish the flippers worked.

#587 2 years ago

Yep PLOP is a ton of fun. Fits good with people that have busy work weeks just go when you have time.

#588 2 years ago

Other than Patrick's BR whats for sale local?

#589 2 years ago

Not much listed local. I have some pro price pinball cash or two 2kish titles. I will be "watching like a hawk"

#590 2 years ago

Looking for a players condition or nicer Guns n Roses. I still have the Banzai. Will trade or purchase

#591 2 years ago

One got listed on letgo today. No price tho

#592 2 years ago

In Tempe. They also have a ballys kiss i think still

#593 2 years ago

Any gb's ready to sell local?

#594 2 years ago

Thanks for the heads up guys.

#595 2 years ago

Indiana Jones Pinball for $2,500 on OfferUp.
https://offerup.com/item/detail/258223127?utm_source=sms&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=viewershare

Someone here grab this 2500 Indy tonight?

Me = Dos Equis guy quote...
"I don't always check offer up, but when I do, I just missed the 2500 Indiana pinball adventure by less than an hour. "

#596 2 years ago

Yes I did. Guy owned it since 1999. Pf is amazing.

#597 2 years ago

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

#598 2 years ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

Livin the dream...

Nice score!

#599 2 years ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

You guys are so lucky in AZ. All I am getting on offerup/craigslist, etc in SoCal is stuff like this:
https://offerup.com/item/detail/258282087/?ref=FilteredSearch&event_source=7534d7df536f4eefb87a5313f061168a
What a grab

#600 2 years ago

Hey Fellas, moving to Chandler from the PWN in June should anybody be interested.

Archived after 31 days
Not sold
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Nice example minus a chip behind the Winkie Guard and a small scratch on the front of the cabinet. Only 620 games started. I am the second owner. Build date is Aug'14. Power supp...”
2017-04-17
Chandler, AZ
7,600 (Firm)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 149.00
$ 11.95
$ 189.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinfarmer Mods
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.00
Playfield - Other
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 14.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 174.99
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
There are 1734 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 35.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside