Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mof
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Looks like Old Town Scottsdale is getting a Barcade from the owners of The Crescent Ballroom and Little Woodies. Not sure how well Pinball will be represented, but it does state they will have "some pinball machines" and their facebook page has a pic of a Meteor.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2014/07/the_king_scottsdale_opening.php

#2 9 years ago

Do we know what machines they are starting with?
    -mof

#3 9 years ago

Nope, But I'll likely be going by there this weekend and will add the info here and to the pin map if nobody beats me to the punch.

#4 9 years ago

I was very much let down by this place, They had 2 pins. The Getaway (The GI was out and was in a dark corner so kind like playing blind) and a Meteor (That was pretty heavily worn). I went on day 2 right after open and most the stand ups where being worked on. I had high hopes for this place and they didn't come close to following through.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from CptAwesomest:

I was very much let down by this place, They had 2 pins. The Getaway (The GI was out and was in a dark corner so kind like playing blind) and a Meteor (That was pretty heavily worn). I went on day 2 right after open and most the stand ups where being worked on. I had high hopes for this place and they didn't come close to following through.

Sorry to hear it...
    I hear the pinball place in Tucson (similar to Pins and Needles) is really nice (and changed owners), my GF was just there learning more about it.
    -mof

#6 9 years ago

D&D in Tucson is fantastic. Leaps and bound better than The King, even without having a bar.

#7 9 years ago

That's too bad, was hoping to go to Scottsdale and check this place out. I was told an ice cream place (forgot the name of it) had pinball so we went there and they had one pin and it was a Spiderman and it was turned off with "out of order". Was pissed, but life goes on.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

That's too bad, was hoping to go to Scottsdale and check this place out. I was told an ice cream place (forgot the name of it) had pinball so we went there and they had one pin and it was a spiderman and it was turned off with "out of order". Was pissed, but life goes on.

The Spider-man is always in bad shape at the Sugar bowl but right down the road is The Coachhouse which always has one. Too bad about the barcade. I aways tell management to fix when I am there after a pizza a rooms the way. They actually cleaned it a little last time I was in there. If we don't speak up they will never know. The only have one guy who fixes the games I was told when mentioned again the right flipper sticks.

#9 9 years ago

Is castles and coasters still up and running? I was out in Phoenix in the late 90s and that place blew my mind! Not trying to hijack the thread, just trying to add something positive to a negative experience...

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sarge:

Is castles and coasters still up and running? I was out in Phoenix in the late 90s and that place blew my mind! Not trying to hijack the thread, just trying to add something positive to a negative experience...

Sadly CnC has become a "negative experience"

#11 9 years ago

I just took my kids to c&c and for arcades and pinballs it's a great place....but I heard it was pinball heaven years ago.

#12 9 years ago

Not that long ago (3 years maybe) CnC had about 30 pins, some very desirable. Golfland in Mesa had about 5-6 pins as well.

We used to spend quite a bit of time down there.

3 months later
    #13 9 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Sadly CnC has become a "negative experience"

How is CnC these days?
    -mof

#14 9 years ago

CNC is great for pinball , they even have a walking dead pinball .....

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Monarca1091:

CNC is great for pinball , they even have a Walking Dead pinball .....

No kidding? I may have to stop by there again. I haven't been there in a while.

#16 9 years ago

Pictures of what this place looks like,etc. I imagine it will be hard to say open with high rents in Scottsdale unless there making a ton with people playing. Wish for the best but a lot of bars have come and gone over the years.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from Monarca1091:

CNC is great for pinball , they even have a Walking Dead pinball .....

Really? CNC is not what it was in pinball. Most of the desirable games are gone and whats left is not great either. from 30 down to 12 or so. Surprised they even bought a new machine. The powers that be over there don't care about pinball anymore

#18 9 years ago

The entire lower level right above the air hockey was pins all the way around tightly packed too. It was amazing in the late 80's - 2009.

#19 9 years ago

I was there twice, first time had Meteor and Adams Family, but Meteor was gone second time.

Adams Family is tweaked so tight that if you sneeze on it, it tilts.

#20 9 years ago

My daughter and I had a great time playing pinball today at CNC. TWD was fun, and in very good shape.

#21 9 years ago

CNC is great. The pins are "not bad" for being in an arcade. Everything was $.50 except for TWD.

I enjoyed:

FG
    TSPP
    SM
    IM

And TWD was EXACTLY what I expected from examining the CAD drawings...
    -mof

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/az-the-king-barcade-to-open-in-scottsdale-this-friday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.