(Topic ID: 21907)

AZ Pinhead Meetup #3 Saturday 8/11/12

By copperpot

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

OLD2-1.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Alright folks, I'm going to be hosting an XMLE post-unboxing, hopefully post-code update get together this weekend at my home in Gilbert. We'll get started around 11, I'll kick everyone out by 4. Burgers and Dogs and Light Beer until I run out. If you are interested in coming by, PM me and I'll shoot you details.

FYI, I only have 4 pins on-tap. Space Shuttle, Ironman, Spiderman, and X-Men Wolverine. We may do a single-game-tourney, depending on how many people show up.

If we get deep in the week and there's no code update, I'll probably push this to the following weekend. Check for updates here.

-Wes

#2 11 years ago

Cant wait for spiderman! Any word on code for x-men?

#3 11 years ago

I want to play them all!
    hope it is THIS saturday. I will be out of town next saturday

#4 11 years ago

Wes, you really want to postpone it until next weekend if the code dosent show up? if you do u'll miss my Midsummer Night's Pin Bash 2......

Stu

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Wes, you really want to postpone it until next weekend if the code dosent show up? if you do u'll miss my Midsummer Night's Pin Bash 2......

Stu

That is def something we need to take into account!

#6 11 years ago

I was hoping to make the MNPB 2, but now I will not be in town

#7 11 years ago

Stu, valid point, no, I would not do that. I'm going to the BASH! I'm going to end up keeping this date, regardless of code update. I played a lot of XM last night and even though there are some big issues (to me), folks will still have fun trying out the game and finding the issues that are out there .

-Wes

#8 11 years ago

what's for BREAKFAST???

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from grh450:

what's for BREAKFAST??? []

LOL. Katie coming to make omelettes?

Def just kidding, but she makes some damn good omelettes!!!

#10 11 years ago

Doh! I'll be at PAPA on Saturday, so I'm lobbying for a postponement as long as there's no conflict with Stu's bash. Besides, it wouldn't be fair if you received an XMLE code update before I get one for AC/DC.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jdawg4422:

Def just kidding, but she makes some damn good omelettes!!!

Yeah, I can't compete with that! APPLs Breakfast Tourney is a hard thing to follow up.

Quoted from The_APPL:

so I'm lobbying for a postponement as long as there's no conflict with Stu's bash.

Yeah, I'll do another one after the code gets settled, I replace the Wolverine and Magneto figures, and I get the Blue DMD, mirror blades, and Squeakman sells me his Congo.

Also, I'm trying to twist Brett's arm to show off some of his XPIN product on XMen. We'll see how it goes.

#12 11 years ago

Would be a good way for me to follow up from the Motley Crue/Kiss concert on Friday. Iron Miaden was a blast last night.

#13 11 years ago

had this hanging up,back in the day

OLD2-1.jpgOLD2-1.jpg

#14 11 years ago

Bump.. the meet is in 4 days! ill send out some pms to people that were previously interested.

#15 11 years ago

Sweet we got the new code! we should have a few more people than normal this time it looks like.

#16 11 years ago

J-dawg, we are at about 10-12 right now, plus or minus. Almost at capacity.

Software will be installed tonight, can't wait!

-Wes

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from copperpot:

we are at about 10-12 right now

WOW. why isnt anyone posting in here? looks like jackontherocks may make it and i have been talking to falkenzr and i think he is coming. You get some people from the appl last week to come? Im stoked!

#18 11 years ago

so,that means only 1 omlette each???
    J,u get my PM?

#19 11 years ago

I will definately be there!

#20 11 years ago

Sweet we get to meet phoog as well!

#21 11 years ago

I'm counting a few APPL folks and PMs, Several guys didn't post in this thread that PMed me, which is fine! Remember, you have to PM me to get the address (or carpool with one of the dudes that did PM me). We're about at capacity now, can't have the Player/Pin ratio too high... (And I'm out of room and wife-patience, or I would just buy more pins).

#22 11 years ago

Alright folks, PMs are out, pins are working, code is updated, see you here at 11am.

(If I missed your PM or you didn't get the address, PM me )

-Wes

#23 11 years ago

On my way. Rested from the show and 4 cups of coffee.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

On my way. Rested from the show and 4 cups of coffee.

I PM you and still waiting if can come.

#25 11 years ago

Thanks to Wes for the awesome hospitality, good food and letting us play his great collection. Good times!

#26 11 years ago

Jackontherocks, sorry man. We were all playing pinball and I wasn't checking PMs. We'll catch you on the next go around for sure. Thanks everyone for coming today, XMEN got a solid workout and now I have to go post in the 'XMEN Code 1.2 issues' thread the issues we saw today...

#27 11 years ago

yeah, thanks Wes!
    cool place
    good food
    awesome machines!

#28 11 years ago

Any pinball get togethers going on Labor Day weekend??

Wife will be out of town, current plan is 3 days of pinball maintenance, but, if there is a get together going on I would like to get up there and meet some of you.

#29 11 years ago

We haven't set the date or place for Meetup #4, Jdawg is coordinating that.

#30 11 years ago

What do you guys think about the next one? we were thinking about going three weeks on this one because it has been busy lately and stu's is this week.

I will be out of town labor day weekend and that would be when it would come up if we waited three weeks. Got a fourth pin now so i could host but def not that weekend.

What you guys think?

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from copperpot:

Jackontherocks, sorry man. We were all playing pinball and I wasn't checking PMs. We'll catch you on the next go around for sure. Thanks everyone for coming today, XMEN got a solid workout and now I have to go post in the 'XMEN Code 1.2 issues' thread the issues we saw today...

Its ok hope to catch you on the next one or meet u tomorrow at the 64 event.I will be out of town labor day as well

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/az-pinhead-meetup-3-saturday-81112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.