Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0710.JPG
#1 10 years ago

I was playing a game of AC/DC when I saw something bouncing across the playfield. I thought at first it was yet another 555 bulb. Nope, Angus lost his leg

100_0710.JPG100_0710.JPG

#2 10 years ago

ok, on my phone that picture is HILARIOUS!

#4 10 years ago

It's like he put his foot in his mouth.

3 months later
#5 10 years ago

This just happened to me yesterday. It broke off in the exact same place. I'm not sure how to fix it, since it's right at the pivot joint. I guess I'm going to have to call Stern.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This just happened to me yesterday. It broke off in the exact same place. I'm not sure how to fix it, since it's right at the pivot joint. I guess I'm going to have to call Stern.

Hopefully they will give you a leg up with this problem.

#7 10 years ago

These new pins do cost us an arm and a LEG.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I don't think you'll have a leg to stand on......

#9 10 years ago

lmao. A bunch of comedians.

#10 10 years ago

This is a funny thread. Sorry for the leg loss though....lol.

#11 10 years ago

That's going to cost Stern an arm and a leg.

Try the veal. The 10 o'clock show is different. You guys have been great.

EDIT: This joke has been used, so we're officially out of puns

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

These new pins do cost us an arm and a LEG.

And we get poor build quality as a result!

#13 10 years ago

I thought this was going to be a serious thread about Angus battling with diabetes & lost a leg!
If this were 1992 & this pin was on location everywhere, cut to 1995... what kind of shape would this game be in after 3 years of abuse?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

what kind of shape would this game be in after 3 years of abuse?

I can tell you that the lower playfield window of the premium at the PHOF looks like absolute shit. It's probably due to a combination of the game being played a TON, not replacing the balls often enough, and not keeping the playfield waxed. It was a terrible idea not to make it replaceable. The people who bought extra playfields are the smart ones.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I can tell you that the lower playfield window of the premium at the PHOF looks like absolute shit. It's probably due to a combination of the game being played a TON, not replacing the balls often enough, and not keeping the playfield waxed. It was a terrible idea not to make it replaceable. The people who bought extra playfields are the smart ones.

Early runs of AC/DC had a bad window. Newer runs shouldn't suffer the same fate.

#16 10 years ago

Mine broke a while ago. I took a thin washer and super glued the leg to it. Basically giving the let its attachment hole back. It is too thick for it to swing like it should when the band moves, but at least it is there. I called STERN when mine broke. Chas said he would get me a new one but I never got it. Just didnt worry about it any more.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Early runs of AC/DC had a bad window. Newer runs shouldn't suffer the same fate.

No, I've seen LEs with the cloudy/streaky windows. This was something entirely different. It was definitely from wear. It almost looked as if the clear was peeling.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

No, I've seen LEs with the cloudy/streaky windows. This was something entirely different. It was definitely from wear. It almost looked as if the clear was peeling.

Sheesh, I wonder how the heck you get wear on the window. The ball shouldn't be making contact with the underside of the window at all. I've never seen it hop and hit the window on mine. That would be a real bummer if a decade from now these playfield windows were like CFTBL holograms where eventually they all go bad...it's just a question of how bad yours ends up being.

So far, mine has stayed crystal clear. Here's hoping it stays that way.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Sheesh, I wonder how the heck you get wear on the window. The ball shouldn't be making contact with the underside of the window at all. I've never seen it hop and hit the window on mine. That would be a real bummer if a decade from now these playfield windows were like CFTBL holograms where eventually they all go bad...it's just a question of how bad yours ends up being.

I wish I had taken a photo of it. Perhaps someone else has a photo. I know Rob and Jim were both there recently. It really looked bad!

#20 10 years ago

Looks like he's drinking from Das Boot!

#21 10 years ago

It is customary to tell a performer to break a leg before they go out on stage. No one told Angus not to take that literally!

#22 10 years ago

I'm unable to view the pic you posted, so I must assume you're pulling my leg.

#23 10 years ago

He just shook a leg looks like.

#24 10 years ago

I thought only Mick Jagger would loose a body part, in a pin.

#25 10 years ago

Looks like a flesh wound to me. Rub some Robitussin on it and he'll be good to go for the show tonight.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

He's got the moves like Jagger!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

I decapitated ELVIS with an airball which makes him the king and original Stern headless rocker.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aww-crap-angus-lost-a-leg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.