Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by renodakota
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

The 3rd Rail Bar & Grill was destroyed by a fire early this morning. Details are still coming in, but it sounds like the building was gutted, taking a few machines along with it. No one was hurt.

Brian Bannon operated several machines there, and hosted one branch of the St. Louis Area Pinball League out of there. It's a big loss for the St. Louis pinball community.

#2 10 years ago

Bummer. At least the place was empty of people. What games did he have?

#3 10 years ago

Not the Tron LE!!! I wanted to go there last night. Last time I was there I played IM, WOZLE, and LTBRLE.

#4 10 years ago

Brian had about 10 or so games there. Nice variety too. That is really bad news for him and the business. What a awful way to start the year. Maybe some of them are salvageable. Always sent people that way if I knew they lived out West. Good luck Brian.

#5 10 years ago

Wow, I was thinking about finally going out there this coming week.

#6 10 years ago

Insurance companies are the policy holder's friend, until something goes wrong. Let's see how the "adjuster" helps with the claim.

#7 10 years ago

Don't know if this will be helpful, when i had a fire claim several years ago, i printed out completed ebay auctions for same or similar games. That's what i got from the ins.co.

#8 10 years ago

In an email from Brian, I learned that, due to temporarily moving most games out of the place to allow more room for holiday parties (this place is a bar and grill), the only titles that likely went to pinball heaven are Bally Playboy and Silver Slugger.

That means the following titles that usually live at 3rd Rail are presumed safe (all details are not available yet)! WOZ, STLE, ACDC Prem, XMENLE, AvengersLE, TSPP, TronLE, Tommy, Banzai Run, IM, WOF. I'm sure I'm missing a couple, but this could have been MUCH worse.

#9 10 years ago

Should have left WOF there, sorry didn't mean to say that out loud..whoops

#10 10 years ago

Wow that's close to where I live in potosi. I didn't know they had good pinballs to play close to me or I would have went. We usually go to cp pinball to play but that's way off for me. Any other wozs close to potosi, mo. To play?

#11 10 years ago

This is my 1st post on this forum let alone any forum. I wish it could have been for something positive. I work only 5 minutes from there. I checked 3rd rail out a couple years ago and was pleasantly surprised how nice it was. I just started going regularly to give myself something to look forward to and was considering joining their league. l was totally bummed to hear about this. As far as what games might be involved, I was there just last Friday and the only 2 games on the floor were WOZ LE and ST LE. I hope the other games were actually off site and not in the back room. Best of luck to all of them with everything. Hopefully they can re-open soon.

#12 10 years ago

Spoke with the owner of the 3rd Rail earlier this evening. Damage to the inside, especially in the bar area, is extensive. It is going to take some time to clean everything up and see what the future holds. It was a great place to hang out, get something to eat, and play pinball. I really feel for Phil and the employees there, tough way to start the year.

For myself, I will know more about the status of my games and other equipment when I get a chance to go out there and take a good look at everything. Only pins out there were a nice Silver Slugger and a refurbished Bally Playboy. Changed out Star Trek and WOZ just a couple of days ago so my dad and I could get some quality play time on them, they were due to go back in along with a new lineup of pins weekend after next. Been mad and sad all day, mad at fate and sad about the loss of a great pinball venue.

#13 10 years ago

I really liked that place. I live in St Charles MO and drove out there once in awhile. Good food good machines and the owner was extremely cool. Hope they reopen!!!

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

Should have left WOF there, sorry didn't mean to say that out loud..whoops

Shut yo mouth

chris

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from BrianBannon:

Changed out Star Trek and WOZ just a couple of days ago

I'm not a religious man, but this is one of the more convincing arguments that someone was looking out for you.

#16 10 years ago

Very sorry to hear about the loss of 3rd Rail, very glad to hear that no one was hurt.

#17 10 years ago

Oh no!
    I always stop by for a few games and some bbq on my way out of the city to go fishing.
    Great food, nice people, clean machines.
    That's great no one got hurt and most pins were out but that Playboy was so nice!
    I guess I'll call next time I'm on my way out to the lake.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/awful-news-3rd-rail-pacific-mo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.