• Latest reply 12 years ago by tomdotcom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fr_259_size640.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Yesterday, not long after downloading the game, I scored 61,624,770 after probably a 20-25 minute game. I got 3 or 4 extra balls, 30+ idols, and ~15 jewels. I got 3 super jackpots and several multiballs. I completed all continents. It was awesome. But that's probably because I've had time to practice on the iPhone version before the release.

fr_259_size640.jpgfr_259_size640.jpg

#2 12 years ago

I got 199M the other night on the Android version. It plays a lot easier than the real one. On my IRL Ripley's my high is only 89M and I've played it a lot more. Video version is more forgiving.

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from pinb0t:

It plays a lot easier than the real one.

For some reason on TOM, the trunk shots are easier on the real one than the virtual one.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

For some reason on TOM, the trunk shots are easier on the real one than the virtual one.

I agree!

#5 12 years ago

Yeah it's almost too easy on the Pinball Arcade. I got another 50 million last night without much effort. Thank goodness we actually have one on route here (although not in the best working condition).

#6 12 years ago

Does anyone else have a slight delay with the flippers when you push the PS3 controller L1 and R1 buttons?

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from MWC:

Does anyone else have a slight delay with the flippers when you push the PS3 controller L1 and R1 buttons?

Its not really a delay...its just everyone is used to the trigger buttons and not using those top bumpers buttons...and they work MUCH better. You just have to get used to the "feel" of it! You will get the timing down....keep practicing.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from MWC:

I felt the same way about the PS3 version, the Vita does not suffer from the same issue. You will get used to it eventually.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

pinb0t said:It plays a lot easier than the real one.

+1 to that.

#10 12 years ago

Very nice.. my high is close to 40 million on the xbox. The high score overall is over a Billion.. that is just insane.

#11 12 years ago

Does anyone know if there are any plans for virtual cactus canyon big bang bar or any of the very high dollar pins ??

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

Does anyone know if there are any plans for virtual Cactus Canyon Big Bang Bar or any of the very high dollar pins ??

MM doesn't count? MB is coming soon.

#13 12 years ago

I managed a 298 million, made it to Atlantis twice and Frog frenzy, if only it was that easy in real life!! Me and Keith Elwin would be battling it out for that number one spot

http://papa.org/blog/2012/01/keith-elwin-does-a-tutorial-believe-it-or-not/

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I noticed that too. It appears to do the collision detection on the trunk object, whereas the actual game uses that eddy sensor just ahead of the trunk. I think that's the difference. In the real game you don't have to 'nail' the trunk, in the virtual one you do.

#15 12 years ago

I found Ripley's way to easy, I broke 400million on my iphone, and I haven't played that particular one since hha...took WAYYYY to long...

Can't wait for more tables to come out for the iphone and 360...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 45.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/awesome-ripleys-score-on-tpa-for-ps3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.