• Latest reply 9 years ago by jrivelli
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Baywatch-JR.png
beavis_and_butthead_headbanging.gif
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I'd like some recommendations for new bands that stand up to the likes of the legends of the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Well 60's, 70's, and 80's is a pretty broad time span. Hands down no band or music artist can beat the legacy of The Beatles. Which brings me to the point of, "If The Beatles are thee biggest name in music legacy then why hasn't there been a ss pin made for them?" Sadly Mariah Carey has more albums sold and money made than AC/DC or Metallica. Heck Rihanna has more albums sold than Metallica and she has only been around since 2005. But what really defines legacy? I mean would could argue albums sale or over all sales but Napster was invented in the 90's so you could almost argue that bands from the 90's and on have had a harder time selling albums than any band from the 60's, 70's, and 80's.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Yes. When I saw the title I immediately thought of Rollergames. Super layout with a gigantic turd of a theme.
Although, the theme music is catchy. "Rock, rock, rock, Rollergames!"

Agreed. Very fun, fast layout with a cool 2-stage kickback that was never done before. The music is so awesomely bad in an 80's synth kind of way (And 1990 was an extension of the 80s, after all).

You forgot to mention that the art package was ATROCIOUS. The backglass wasn't as bad as the playfield. YUCK. It looks like Aquanet had sex with Miami Vice clothes, binge feasted on a 1987 Pearls Arts discount sale, then vomited for 24 hours straight. It's a total confetti, neon-gazma hair overload.

But the speed brings me back. This would be a great game to retheme!

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

Well 60's, 70's, and 80's is a pretty broad time span. Hands down no band or music artist can beat the legacy of The Beatles. Which brings me to the point of, "If The Beatles are thee biggest name in music legacy then why hasn't there been a ss pin made for them?" Sadly Mariah Carey has more albums sold and money made than AC/DC or Metallica. Heck Rihanna has more albums sold than Metallica and she has only been around since 2005. But what really defines legacy? I mean would could argue albums sale or over all sales but Napster was invented in the 90's so you could almost argue that bands from the 90's and on have had a harder time selling albums than any band from the 60's, 70's, and 80's.

Trudeau has been fighting for a Beatles pin since the 90's. Just listen to his topcast interview. He's still fighting for it going by an interview I heard about a year ago. I think he's shot down due to costs of the license. It's a shame because I'd splooge at a Beatles pin with the GI off and the flashers firing at the start of ball one with Ed Sullivan yelling "here they are, The Beatles!" Launch the ball and "All My Loving" would start. Instant nerdgasm.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

I've only played it a few times, but Last Action Hero was a mediocre (at best) movie with a surprisingly fun pin.

I hear what you're saying, but for me the pinball fits the theme of the movie precisely. So I'm not sure I can agree that this is a poor theme. Played Baywatch? Now THAT is a bad theme.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I hear what you're saying, but for me the pinball fits the theme of the movie precisely. So I'm not sure I can agree that this is a poor theme. Played Baywatch? Now THAT is a bad theme.

Nice boobs though. Never mind the Hoff.
Baywatch-JR.pngBaywatch-JR.png

#56 9 years ago

Congo for me for sure. Movie blows. Themeblows. Bakglassblows. Game rules.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/awesome-gameplay-not-so-great-theme/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.