Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by smassa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ACDC_002.JPG
    ACDC_001.JPG
    PB-94821Y-550.jpg
    pbl_23-6770.jpg
    whiny.jpg
    There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

I love it when you hit the bell and it goes right down the middle! ...or better yet when it just goes from the pops to that lane and then down the middle!

F'in Awesome!

#2 11 years ago

I get minimal drains right down the middle off the bell but if I get it into the vuk behind the bell it's a guaranteed SDTM drain if it doesn't hit the bell on kick out (which seems to be 75% of the time). That can be frustrating but would be more so if I could actually hit that vuk more often.

#3 11 years ago

I've learned to give the machine a hard nudge to the right just as the ball is exiting the bell lane. Works like a charm.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I've learned to give the machine a hard nudge to the right just as the ball is exiting the bell lane. Works like a charm.

+1

You gotta give her a good nudge!

#5 11 years ago

Play better

#6 11 years ago

XM does same from pops as well.......very frustrating!

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

I love it when you hit the bell and it goes right down the middle! ...or better yet when it just goes from the pops to that lane and then down the middle!
    F'in Awesome!

Its called a risk/reward shot. Maybe you need to set your game up steeper so the ball catches the rubber post and diverts it from going SDTM. Mine it only happens about 1/25 shots. I usually wait for multiball to start hammering away at the bell.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

This is definitely a good idea especially when the ball is exiting the pops slowly.

#9 11 years ago

Hardly ever happens to me!

#10 11 years ago

I am fairly certain Steve Ritchie said to set the game at a 7 degree slope so that the ball would not go straight down the middle when coming out of the pops.

#11 11 years ago

Lean her to the left slightly. Fixed.

Now how about those tnt drains! Bsd like brutal on Pro. SR team designed a pin that near impossible to master. Keeps me coming back and back. Draino! Lol.

#12 11 years ago

F'in Awesome!

whiny.jpgwhiny.jpg

Quoted from gweempose:

To the right? Or the left? I nudge the pin to the left in order to get the ball to hit the post rubber when it comes out, which keeps it from going SDTM.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Yes, to the right. I'm hitting the left side of the pin to nudge it to the right. Sorry!

#13 11 years ago

Design better

#14 11 years ago

Not the design ! It is the whinny owner !

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Not the design ! It is the whinny owner !

Good thing whinny people like me put food on designer's table.

cough cough Fan Boy

#16 11 years ago

Iv seen some games put a larger rubber on that post on the way down.

#17 11 years ago

I have done this mod on my game it really helps a lot.

#18 11 years ago

I got a Cliffy post on there now, it does help a little but I have thought about that myself. I usually nudge the game when I play and that is fine but for people like my gf, she's not really into man handling pins.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have done this mod on my game it really helps a lot.

Any pix?

#20 11 years ago

Dude, you are in the running for biggest troll/whiner out there.

This game can be finicky in how you have to set it up, but if you get the balance and pitch right, as has been said over and over in numerous threads, you won't have a major problem.

Also the bell is risk/reward.... I mostly go for the bell in multi-ball during the ball saver.... The way the table is designed is perfect. A GOOD player wants risk/reward.

Namaste.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

Good thing whinny people like me put food on designer's table.

Good thing you are around ! I can't imagine the world with out you

Fan Boy ? You got that right !!

Jim

#22 11 years ago

The first post in this thread below has pictures of the wide rubber mod to help solve the STDM drains:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-middle-ball-drain-fix

#23 11 years ago

this will also block 1 of the most important shots in the game. I would not recommend the large post rubber.

good AC DC review

#26 11 years ago

SR's games are usually drain monsters. nothing new there.

$5 from pl, need to be cut. works great

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2265

pbl_23-6770.jpgpbl_23-6770.jpg

clay talks about it on his review at 7:40

#27 11 years ago

Yep..gotta play better. AC/DC is a game you must nudge. It is part of the game. I always think if I am going to take that cannon shot and risk a nasty bounce or wait until multiball. The game is designed perfectly to reward good shots and keep the player on his toes, weighing all options.

The shots can be made. Practice and this game is very rewarding. Separates the players from collectors.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

SR's games are usually drain monsters. nothing new there.

Truth..

I just got Rollergames up and running and even with the posts in the middle setting, still getting a LOT of outlane drains from the really strong slingshots!

#29 11 years ago

That yellow thing is fugly. Black or white would be a lot nicer looking.
    How does the black rubber ring from the link above block the shot any different from that fat yellow ugly thingy?

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

That yellow thing is fugly. Black or white would be a lot nicer looking.How does the black rubber ring from the link above block the shot any different from that fat yellow ugly thingy?

tried a couple different things. i didn't like black though. i'm sticking with the yellow ugly thing. it's the only thing i look at when i play. plus, it matches most of the ugly art.

#31 11 years ago

Design better

Maybe this is more your speed.

PB-94821Y-550.jpgPB-94821Y-550.jpg

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

I wouldn't touch that without some Cliffy's.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from Quiddity:

I wouldn't touch that without some Cliffy's.

Does it have LEDs in it as well?

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #36 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

That's got too many flippers compared to AC/DC!

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Does it have LEDs in it as well?

That's only a picture of the Pro, LE has that.

#38 11 years ago

DO NOT add that big Ugly Rubber on that post. Will completely BLOCK and RUIN that shot. Clays so called review was crap. Someone ripped and reposted.

Time to close this thread.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

F'in Awesome!

i agree with you on this one. you own it, you got the right to slam it. it's a frustrating pin for several reasons. try to fix what you don't like about it or trade/sell. maybe give it another shot down the road. this is my 2nd one.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

DO NOT add that big Ugly Rubber on that post. Will completely BLOCK and RUIN that shot. Clays so called review was crap. Someone ripped and reposted.
    Time to close this thread.

i like it. works great. doesn't block anything. need to level your game or shoot better.

where's your review video? i'm sure it's more informative and it offers great suggestions for potential buyers and owners. please post it when you have time.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

i agree with you on this one. you own it, you got the right to slam it.

Yes, he's entitled to complain about the game since he bought one. The problem is, he complained about the game before he bought one and now he's still whining and calling people names. He also pulled a bait and switch with the subject line. I clicked on this thread thinking someone had something good to say about the game. Nope. It's just him whining again.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Yes, he's entitled to complain about the game since he bought one. The problem is, he complained about the game before he bought one and now he's still whining and calling people names. He also pulled a bait and switch with the subject line. I clicked on this thread thinking someone had something good to say about the game. Nope. It's just him whining again.

+1

#43 11 years ago

I think the damn thing has been designed with the little bat things about an inch too far apart. Also has anyone noticed there are ridiculous openings on either side of the machine that the ball sometimes falls down and doesnt come back?!! I have found that I have to wobble the whole machine to try to stop this from happening! What's all that about!?

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

this is my 2nd one

Fn classic ! Tommy you crack me up .

Jim

#45 11 years ago

Try these mods for the outlanes they work great and you can remove them with no damage to your game. It will make you play better. LOL

ACDC_001.JPGACDC_001.JPG ACDC_002.JPGACDC_002.JPG

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

Try these mods for the outlanes they work great and you can remove them with no damage to your game. It will make you play better. LOL

I think he needs to hammer some nails in the playfield between the flippers. Maybe make that bell shot easier.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from Spankey:

The shots can be made. Practice and this game is very rewarding. Separates the players from collectors.

Yep. No wonder Q is whining about it.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Fn classic ! Tommy you crack me up .
    Jim

I know what you mean , Jim
    the 2nd BIGGEST AC/DC BASHER on pinside ,now HAS a 2nd one???????

#49 11 years ago

once again, it is freaking hilarious to go back a few months and read some of the posts from the same guys who NOW HAVE the machine

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from grh450:

once again, it is freaking hilarious to go back a few months and read some of the posts from the same guys who NOW HAVE the machine

Some people cant deal well with peer pressure.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/awesome-feature-on-acdc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.