You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

73EB810B-E8EE-4C4B-B419-ABAEF55BCCC9 (resized).jpeg
3DDFC03D-8417-4202-AE44-7DA2457FA9BC (resized).jpeg
3B43A946-CADD-49F9-94DE-0D0504655CD8 (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

Hey Pinside.
Needed some Rocky and Bullwinkle advice. Noticed there wasnt a club. Starting one for myself or anyone else wanting to discuss the game.

EDIT: my bad. Here is the existing club.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-trick-never-works-rocky-bullwinkle-club/page/24#post-6336554

#3 2 years ago

So a friend of mine recently purchased a Rocky and Bullwinkle machine while out of town so it was delivered to my house in the meantime. The game is pretty great looking with a repro Bullwinkle arm installed recently (backglass has a little flake at the Bullwinkle mech but the playfield and cabinet are real sharp)
I had never played a R&B before so i didnt really notice any issues the first day but ive since watched a PAPA video and im noticing some issues. While this isnt my game, it would be nice to try and have it playing 100% when he picks it up next month. This game hold a lot of nostalgia and means a lot to him (and I believe it is his first pin).
I only do basic repairs so here are the mechanical or gameplay issues/questions I have. Some may be dumber than others

-the right orbit never orbits. This is what made me watch a Youtube video in the first place. I suspected I should be able to hit both orbit completely at times. Is there a coil back there that has likely burnt out to lift a gate? Common issue? Other possible causes for this gate to never lift?

-the divertor on the Rocky ramp always sends the ball to the right flipper. I have not once had it send the ball to the left flipper in 10 or so games. Am I missing a gameplay feature or is there something odd to address?

-the Hat-Trick VUC only detects the ball maybe 1 out of 5 times. Im hoping this is just a switch issue.

-the flipper start even but have different high point in flipped position. Im assuming some new coil stops would fix this. Sound right?

-the Nell/Millsaw mech does move forward and backward but not in any consistent way. I assume this one is a common failure? Doesn't really effect gameplay so less important than the above issues imo.

Other than those problems, the game just needs some adjusting here and there. Any input is appreciated.

1 month later
#5 2 years ago

PSA: Joe Balcer did mechanics on this game. IPDB doesn't list him in that role on this game, but he did.
Source: https://archive.org/details/re-play-volume-18-issue-no.-7-april-1993-600DPI/RePlay%20-%20Volume%2018%2C%20Issue%20No.%207%20-%20April%201993%20%28Compressed%29/page/174/mode/2up
Page 174
Credited here as "Joe Balser" due to an error on the part of the magazine.
He's also listed here as working on the game here: https://www.arcade-history.com/index.php?page=person&name=Joe+Balcer
Only Mr Balcer can confirm whether the magazine speaks truly.

11 months later
#6 1 year ago

Does anyone have a list of a good combination of LED's to use in this machine? I'm in the UK so will need to know exactly what to order. Can't just order kits from the US, as much as I would love to. Imports are killing us brexiteers.

6 months later
#7 1 year ago

not sure how Pinside works thread/post wise, so apologies if it appears twice, but there is an odd occurrence happening on a friend's R&B that prevents you from trying to get the skill shot.

start a game, ball kicks out, launch ball, ball goes over 2 inline rollover switches which in turn lifts the gate up the top back so the ball goes all the way around and "you missed" is displayed on the display.

took the glass off, started a game, launched the ball but stopped it before it got to the first switch, then manually operated the next 2 switches which the ball would in turn roll over, and looking at the metal flap......it raises every time, but the odd thing is, it didn't used to. For 5 months it was fine, now 1 month of no skill shots. I did search online and read someone's write up on R&B and it is stated that the ball launch can be flakey and sometimes go all the way around.

I don't accept that it can occasionally happen. The flap needs to be down to allow a skill shot, but also needs to be raised when looping the ball clockwise, but at rest to loop the ball counterclockwise.

I did read in earlier post in this thread that it happened, but didn't read about any answer, or reason why.

Any suggestions/answers much appreciated.

#8 1 year ago

Check rollover switches maybe the game thinks the ball already went through them.One may be stuck or a bad diode or something along those lines.

1 month later
#9 1 year ago

I have a brand new WABAC ramp.
Can bring to TPF next weekend or ship for a little extra
It’s $189 + shipping at Marco
$150 if we can meet at TPF

3B43A946-CADD-49F9-94DE-0D0504655CD8 (resized).jpeg3B43A946-CADD-49F9-94DE-0D0504655CD8 (resized).jpeg
#10 1 year ago

Bought this when he announced it. I sold the machine
$100 shipped or meet me at TPF

3DDFC03D-8417-4202-AE44-7DA2457FA9BC (resized).jpeg3DDFC03D-8417-4202-AE44-7DA2457FA9BC (resized).jpeg
#11 1 year ago

Cliffy 4 piece set
Here’s a link for more info

http://www.passionforpinball.com/RnB.htm

make me an offer

73EB810B-E8EE-4C4B-B419-ABAEF55BCCC9 (resized).jpeg73EB810B-E8EE-4C4B-B419-ABAEF55BCCC9 (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#12 9 months ago

Has anyone added a PinSound board and updated the audio/callouts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 27.95
3,900 (OBO)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-that-trick-never-works-rocky-and-bullwinkle-fans-and-owners-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.