(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,228 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by jonesjb
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ziz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#362 4 years ago
Quoted from Bernardspop:

During the new stream, I see that the search light (light beams) during Multiball has double or triple. I rather see it back to one as shown in the Sneak Peak video
~ Less is more!

I agree with this. With more white lights it washed the effect out, the original was so crisp and defined, it had more impact. When I watch the first one I always want to go back and see it again because it’s hard to believe it’s play field lights creating the effect. I appreciate what they were going for with the new one, but I think that first one was perfection and didn’t really need to be messed with.

3 months later
#3183 3 years ago

Got my options email as well, #122

#3224 3 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Bummer! I am #123 and haven’t gotten mine yet.

Make sure to check your junk mail, email is from [email protected]

1 week later
#3698 3 years ago

Just got the invoice for 122.

1 week later
#4058 3 years ago

#122 on the way, will receive this Wednesday!

#4136 3 years ago

Received #122 today. I have to wait until I have help tomorrow to get it into the house, so it will spend the night in the driveway under a tarp.

#4160 3 years ago

My game came set up with padding at the bottom of the right ramp, so they have fixed that issue.

#4162 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Cool - how about a picture?

9FAE75B4-7967-403E-A36F-5A96001139FC (resized).jpeg9FAE75B4-7967-403E-A36F-5A96001139FC (resized).jpeg
#4165 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The pad has always been at the bottom of the ramp. Does your ball exit cleanly without bouncing back a bit on exit? I added extra foam to mine to speed up the exit and eliminate the bounce completely. Seems most people don't have the bounce.

Oh ok, I thought it was just plastic there before. No issues with it, exits very nicely.

#4171 3 years ago

I am interested in adding a subwoofer to the game. In my other Williams machines I did that with alligator clips to the cabinet speaker. Can I do the same thing with this machine? What if I want to disable the cabinet speaker as well? The sound is great as is but I’d rather leave the bass up to a sub to reduce the rattling. Do I need the pinnovators kit? Thanks!

#4173 3 years ago

I’m wondering if anyone else is having issues with multiple balls getting stuck in the shooter lane. Just had two games in a row where that happened during multi ball and it wasn’t able to plunge two balls together hard enough to clear the lane exit. I figure I can up the coil power but then it introduces the other issues with the shooter lane exit. Is this just a code issue that needs to be ironed out?

#4175 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

My Guess is the shooter lane switch isn’t actuating properly or a trough switch. Should only be one ball at a time ever.

Sometimes the ball wont make it out of the shooter lane even when it’s one ball, so I think it happens in multi ball when there are multiple ball saves and the first ball doesn’t clear the exit. It pops the second ball from the trough while the first ball is coming back down. Maybe I just need to up the power and then deal with the exit issues with a rubber on the wire form.

#4178 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies, will tinker with it a bit tomorrow. I appreciate the help!

I have had the game for a few days and I am loving it!

#4203 3 years ago

I have played this game so much since I got it in my basement on Friday that my forearms are sore. It is extremely addictive because it is so fun and challenging at the same time. The music, lights, and theme implementation make it so immersive. Scott’s music style works so well with the theme, it just makes it feel so cool. Those things plus the well thought out code, layout and challenging shots give it so much personality and make it an extremely unique game. The alternate dimensions add another layer that you just don’t get with any other game I can think of. The possibilities are endless and I can’t wait to see more code because this game is an absolute blast. Congratulations Spooky, I think you’ve made something very special.

#4321 3 years ago

This happened a little while ago!

44278DB6-BA3B-436A-B4A4-54B21A3533F2 (resized).jpeg44278DB6-BA3B-436A-B4A4-54B21A3533F2 (resized).jpeg
#4340 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Its made from PET-G not acrylic.... Contact us and we will happily send you a new one.

I already let Morgan know and a replacement is on the way, no problem at all, great service.

1 week later
#4526 3 years ago

I got around to making some ball guide adjustments today and I am very happy with the results.

On the garage shot to the left I removed the second and third screw, slid the third screw tab under the wood rail, took out the led in the way (could probably stay) and drilled a new hole for the first screw. The shot is very smooth and easier to make now, but still a challenging shot. I don’t think this was entirely necessary, I thought the game played great without the adjustment, but it is definitely smoother this way and I’ve noticed more makes for sure.

The second adjustment was the rail leading to the upper flipper. I removed the second screw and the weird hidden post rubber. I slid the empty screw tab under the wood rail and simply pulled the first screw tab so it was better aligned with the flipper and screwed it back down, did not need a new screw hole there. This adjustment is easy and makes a huge difference, the ball transitions into that flipper perfectly and allows for cleaner shots.

I can’t get over how exciting the game can be so much of the time due to the stacking of modes, dimensions, and multiballs. The Gromphlomite MB is easy enough to get to be able to keep using it in conjunction with those other things. I’ll often keep it lit without collecting until I get a mode ready and a dimension going.

I have routinely been scoring 20k+ and have had several over 30, and I can see my scores going way higher once I get some of the shots dialed in a bit more. It’s so addictive! It’s also never leaving my possession.

#4531 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Which number is yours?

I’m 122, got it a few weeks ago.

#4564 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Decent score.[quoted image]

That must have been one hell of a ride.

#4600 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Happens on my game. It's probably normal as theres probably tons of spin introduced into the ball with a lightening fast shot and it whips around the horseshoe. That's why Eric put the short ball saver when a ball goes through the horseshoe to keep cheap SDTM drains from happening.

Happens for me too, it’s a shot to avoid. The flooblecrank shot is so important and is consistently one of my highest priority shots, both for powering the anti-gravity, and in this case to set up a lock so that the horseshoe is closed and doesn’t just fire the ball back at you. Lots of strategy and setup shots in this game which I really like.

1 week later
#4821 3 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

Has anyone else had trouble w/ the garage sensing a ball from the right orbit? I land it in there and about 20% of the time it does not register and it just waits for "where are my balls".. its quite annoying!

I’ve had this happen a few times, but oddly enough a reset was all it took to fix it.

#4822 3 years ago

To clarify, for me it would never happen and then all of a sudden during a game it would happen very consistently and carry over to the next game. After resetting the issue would go away entirely. This situation happened twice.

#4858 3 years ago

It’s amazing how the intensity ramps up in this game. Everything stacks together so nicely and each piece ratchets up the excitement. Having an adventure, dimension (especially certain ones), Gromflomite multiball, and Meeseeks multiball all going at once is total insanity and the biggest rush I’ve had in pinball. And it’s really not that hard to achieve because once Gromflomite gets going the other things tend to fall into place. I love the Super Payday wizard mode on my Roadshow because it is so chaotic and exciting, but I get that same feeling all the time just through stacking the different elements in this game. I can’t wait for more updates, I can’t imagine this game getting any better, I love it so much!

2 months later
#6400 3 years ago

Is it just me, or does it always sound like Rick is about to say something whenever you switch the power off the machine? It’s like it starts to play a sound clip but you hear just a fraction of a second of it before it powers down. Just a weird little thing I keep noticing.

3 weeks later
#7114 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I must be a horrible player because my average ball time is like 20 seconds. Please tell me it’ll get easier. I already have the training wheels on with ball save from the portal and horseshoe.

You will get better when you start hitting the inner loop and garage shot more consistently. Make sure you go for the flubel crank a lot, you need a big charge on the anti-gravity for it to be effective, really hold that button down to suck the ball back. That also gets you the gromflomite mb's going, they are crucial.

What usually happens is I walk up to the machine and it kicks my butt for two or three games. Then all of a sudden I get things going and the multiballs stack, dimensions start popping, everything happens at once and the big scores happen. It can definitely be a one ball kind of machine, two balls that net you 2M and then one that gets you 35M. Hang in there and accept the challenge to get better at the game and it will reward you like nothing else. I think some of the people that give up on it never get to that point to feel how exciting the game is when you start actually having good games. It's like that for most games I just walk up to and play for a bit, if I just have crappy games I'll think the machine isn't that good, if I have great games and lots of stuff is happening it seems like a really fun game! This just isn't a game you walk up to and have good games on, it takes practice. But I think that is what gives it so much longevity in a home environment, it will always be challenging.

1 month later
#8835 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Jedi level stuff right there. The outlines are so brutal already, no rubber must be scary terry.

I removed the rubber on mine as well, and I bumped up the portal eject power so that the ball comes out of the portal really fast and doesn’t get hung up on the rubber at all. It’s really smooth and fast that way, not for people that aren’t familiar with the game though, the ball would be in the trough before they knew what happened haha.

#8987 3 years ago

This was a first for me!

C5502F2E-DB4B-4A53-AB1F-28537BC7783E (resized).jpegC5502F2E-DB4B-4A53-AB1F-28537BC7783E (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#10921 3 years ago

Has anyone had any luck getting the left ramp return to be consistently smooth? It looks like when the ball exits the backboard it ricochets off the edges of the opening and comes dribbling out instead of smoothly feeding the upper flipper.

#10926 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I still get the occasional ball stuck and wedged between the shooter lane wireform and cab wall after it comes whipping out of the left ramp backbox eject hole. I've tried "bending" the metal scoop flap on the backbox hoping to change the angle of trajectory, but I don't want to Hulk my machine and do any real damage, as that metal flap didn't want to budge (i.e. it's solid).
Installing a post under the wireform to prevent that wedge could have helped. Not wanting to get drill happy, I've figured out the right amount of pressure to nudge it loose and fall back down into the lane and roll to the upper flipper. But getting the tilt warning in doing so can either end up making me or breaking me.

I think I have the opposite problem, that flap was bent maybe too far inward for me, where it sounds like it’s not bent inward enough for you to keep the ball off that wood area. That flap is very hard to bend when it’s in the cabinet, but if you just unscrew the 4 screws and take that whole piece off of the backboard then it’s actually very easy to bend and should fix your problem. I wonder if you’ll encounter what I have and not get as smooth of a delivery though. I just bent mine outward more so will see if i can find a sweet spot.

1 week later
#11294 3 years ago

I installed that new launch wireform and it is so much better than the original. I was never able to dial the old one in, it always sometimes went around the u-turn. And even when it served it correctly it wasn’t always the same exact launch and the power setting needed made for a bit of a slow launch, which is unfortunate for a game where you launch so many times due to ball saves. With the new one I was able to pump up the power and it delivers the ball so quickly, and drops it the same exact way every time. It has made the loop and garage shots way more consistent to hit now that the serve is always exactly the same.

My ship bracket just broke again, that’s number two. If I could buy a permanent fix for that I will feel like I’ve got a perfect machine. No other issues at all at this point, love the game so much! It is playing so smoothly now, no flipper problems either, it’s wonderful.

2 months later
#13753 2 years ago

I have the new wireform and it was a huge improvement for me. Not only does it deliver flawlessly, I can pump up the power for a much faster delivery, nice for when I am getting saved a lot, which is every game.

8 months later
#17043 2 years ago
Quoted from TC-5:

Newbie here..... I have a similiar scenario, got this for the kids for Christmas NIB and have had various problems since day 1. Latest issue I cannot not figure out is this weekend fired up the game, it boots fine into attract mode, but when you press start to begin, it goes into and keeps repeating its "searching for balls" mode like its missing a ball.
I manually ejected all the balls through the service menu, checked for obstructions and all the basic connections related to the ball trough area and still nothing. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix ? I thought maybe the software was "stuck" in this mode and I would be able to perform a hard reset of sorts beyond just powering down and cycling the game.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just to check the easy stuff first, did you remember to put an extra ball in for the portal?

5 months later
#18063 1 year ago

Would it be possible for the TNA dimension to play a random track from TNA instead of just the one? That would be a fun (possibly) easy way to get more music variation in the game.

3 weeks later
#18449 1 year ago

I would love it if my left ramp return was consistently smooth as well. The problem isn’t with the flipper guide, it’s the exit from behind the backboard, sometimes it comes out clean and it’s great but many times it rattles against the exit guide there and just gets plopped out. I tried bending the metal tab that kind of sticks out of the back box but couldn’t get it to really help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 300.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ziz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=ziz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.