(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

670 posts in this topic match your search for posts by zablon. You are on page 1 of 3.
#6 4 years ago

Aww jeez, I can't officially post in this thread for at least a year

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Standard edition here. Anyone with a BSE wanna trade for the real limited edition?

Haha. Funny because it's true.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Put it in your blog[quoted image]

Dear diary...

Day 132. Still waiting...I sometimes wish I was from dimension C-448 where they have pinball on every street corner that come pre-equipped with beers and bottle openers and all the games are on free play...

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Love the way the multiball starts with the two balls falling to each flipper, then the scoop shoots the third ball between them as they're falling
The crystals look great as well!

Did anyone notice how after the spotlight effect, it literally 'shoots' lasers at the player along with the video?

(also did they add a second spotlight to that animation since the last stream?)

#163 4 years ago

I so want a keep summer safe...but without the ship voice...not sure how cool it would be..

And also...where's the snake jazz mode or at least a dimension Like the scream mode, I thought there'd be a mode where every target goes 'sssssss'.

#181 4 years ago

If you can dream it, you can make it.

#199 4 years ago

Waiting to see if any cool powerbladez come out for it.

#210 4 years ago

There needs to be a Ball Fondlers Multiball. *cough*

The entire game should just be all multiball modes.

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Now, does anyone have any advice for me on my my Transformers LE???
Because, is it just me or is this an almost an impossible game to progress through all the characters?
I’ve only had it less than a year but i don’t think I ever defeat more than just a couple characters in a 5 ball game including an extra ball or 2!

This is me and AC/DC.

#327 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

During the Kaneda interview Scott also confirmed the evil morty music has been pulled for now due to licensing but hopeful it will return
Great interview asking the good questions

Boooooo

#397 4 years ago

Please tell me that isn't pickle flavored.

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just a work in progress (things will change) but I wanted to share.
Shirts will come and likely stickers.
If this does not get me to the front of the squanching line, nothing will.[quoted image]

Aren't the balls able to go back and forth? That post you have in the middle doesn't seem anatomically correct.

#489 4 years ago

They are 3rd party modder.

I honestly have no interest in them. Not something I will be able to see.

#495 4 years ago

sorry, yes.

#500 4 years ago

Someone mentioned they shoudl add them to the list so they can be installed at the factory....but no, spooky has not said they are doing that.

#539 4 years ago

That's learning there.

#545 4 years ago

How tall is it with the topper..beginning to wonder if my ceiling is high enough

#566 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

This came in today! Now i wait for #366[quoted image]

Hah, I have one of these waiting too.

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

[quoted image][quoted image]
My first game i finished with 2.6 million. Still currently playing but plan on getting them numbers up

Jesus, two of my dream themes side by side....

#599 4 years ago

I like the black better..maybe just because that's what I'm used to.

#617 4 years ago

YOU KALAXIAN PURPLE PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS! THEY SELL MORE BLACK COIN DOORS THAN ANY OTHER COLOR!!! ALL THE TOP 10 MACHINES HAVE BLACK COIN DOORS! YOU'RE RUINING PINBALL!

Shots fired

/fake pinball wars

#626 4 years ago

I'm going to replace my coin door with a battery box miniverse.

#640 4 years ago

So this just popped up in my ad stream...

purple (resized).PNGpurple (resized).PNG
#643 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What company is this?

It's a mattress company named Purple, but I just thought it was funny timing.

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Just put come cardboard over the screen.

Phrasing.

#754 4 years ago

Font on those instructions is almost impossible to read due to the busy-ness of the art behind it....do they print clearer?

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

These are just temps for now. Didn’t spend too much time on them until rules are more fleshed out before I really spend the resources on them. Just something for those that wanted to put something on temporarily.

Fair enough

#776 4 years ago

I agree, the simplicity is what works here and they look good. All of them are fine options.

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Be a good Multiball.
...with short limits on Flipper Holds.

Has anyone ever done a timed multiball mode where after the time runs out flippers die, balls all drain, then shoots 1 ball back into play (not a ball loss, just basically that mode is over)? Seems like this idea would be a candidate for something like that.

I know that Space Station has it's 'extra ball' mode that does this, but it's at the end of the game.

#886 4 years ago

Speaking of that callout....is that a callout at anytime in the game? Like on ball launch?

#890 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

You son of a bitch , I’m in .[quoted image]

I'm trying to figure out what that is on the far left? Virtual without a backbox screen?

#962 4 years ago

I didn't realize the ball launch dropped the ball onto the playfield. Does it have mylar there?

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

wont need it.
Seriously. I will try to grab some photos.
I have no idea what spooky did but this pf is not dimpling like others at all

Was more concerned about wear over time actually. Seems only natural to put some protection under drops...not that most home use machines will probably have an issue.

#1065 4 years ago

Is there a difference in the actual art prep or is it clearcoat over the normal material?

#1108 4 years ago

Is that a broken piece of the ramp in that 2nd to the bottom picture?

#1200 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Just caught this on TWIP:
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/first-takes-rick-and-morty-pinball/
Sounds like everyone is loving the theme and code, but I'm seeing quite a few unfavorable comments regarding geometry (namely upper shots).
Curious to know how this is affecting enjoyment and allow progress through the game.
And wondering if this is something that Spooky and Scott are thinking might need some tweaking?

It's been covered repeatedly. There is some adjustments/greasing of the spinner, otherwise no issues. The far left shot is supposed to be difficult.

#1290 4 years ago

Make sure it's not Wuhan Sauce.

#1319 4 years ago

- Changed: Tipping adventure selection a bit more towards variety and not just pure random.

Yea, long ago I believe it was Apple showed that 'random' doesn't work how people would prefer. There has to be logic to make it feel random.

#1321 4 years ago

Depends on if it was supposed to be a searchlight, or a rotating siren light. The initial way definitely looked like a searchlight, and looked bad ass. When it was changed to two, it looked kind of odd...but also I thought someone said it was supposed to be a rotating light. In which case...that could work too, but needs to keep going in a circle rather than back and forth. Both could be an option.

#1343 4 years ago

I like that!

#1348 4 years ago

So that begs the question....what's different? I ask because i was basically told there was no guarantee that all manufacturers were facing the same playfield issues. Is it just a matter of luck of the draw?

#1405 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Scratching my head here a bit. I've been following both threads since day one, and steam seems to be letting off, not building up, as games come out.
I haven't seen any unboxing photos either or streams....

I think it's mostly because they are trickling out and mostly going on routes at this point.

#1422 4 years ago

So, elephant in the room question.

Spooky

In terms of parts, do you guys already have the parts you need or will the goings on in the world impact your ability to get parts possibly in the future?

I know the rest is up in the air right now and no one can say for sure the further impact to everyone in regards to workers.

#1439 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I'll never have a shot at owning a NIB RaM again.

I seriously doubt this. The number of 'bolted to the floor' and turn around and sell it in a few months around here is astounding....and if things continue to go downhill, there'll be a lot of people trying to cash out of pins in the short term.

#1445 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

wait... are you really now using the fear mongering of covid19 as a way to scare people into thinking they should sell pinball machines?
That is funny
If the 08 housing scare did not make people sell off games, then a virus which forces you to self quarantine is not going to.

Is everything now fear mongering in the right/wrong one sided world? I'm simply being a realist and stating an opinion. In a bad scenario, that is exactly what will happen, you are going to have people who haven't got their game yet, only have a down payment in and decide they would rather put funds elsewhere, and yes people sold off games back then (Of course they weren't worth nearly as much so less incentive).

#1449 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sounds good. Please PM me a sweet price for your haunted house and your funhouse. You are likely going to need to sell those first. Rudy is a vector and haunted house... well just bad mojo to add to the freak out.
I will pay 50% of market and you should be thankful. They are going to be worth 10% in another year.

Fortunately, I don't have to be concerned about that, regardless of what happens. That being said, you can bet if money was an issue, they would be some of the first things to go. (i'm thinking you didn't understand that my point was about people needing money...)

#1499 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Had a thought.
Biggest gripe for me, of legitimately few, is the shooter lane and skillshot could have easily been significantly neater.
Why on earth is this designed to PLOP on the playfield?
Just having it shoot straight, no incline, and soft plunge to where it does drop, or longer plunge to the left flipper, would have been better than what exists.
Ideally.....with the incline, and the fact that each shot is coming via the portal gun, there could have been three varied sizes of holes with portal graphics leading into a subway to shoot for just ahead of the end of the existing shooter lane wireform. Each one in turn would offer a different starting bonus or points, and then with that fantastic second trough, possibly could have shot out immediately into the left flipper lane, or maybe elsewhere depending on the portal.
This shooter lane aspect seems lackluster in design, in an otherwise really fast and frenetic higher skill level game.

Well...I kind of thought the same thing...but then I realized MB does the same thing.

#1504 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Ha ha yes, this is a great point and exactly how I drained: I was so pumped I looked up and forgot how #*&^@ fast that damn kickout is. I appreciate the speed, but OTOH it seems counter intuitive to have such a punishing entry to a mode that you miss knowing what actual mode you're about to do. Hopefully this can be tuned up a bit in future code.

Maybe they should have that announcer guy announce each important mode/dimension? (if possible) Fast games don't lend themselves to looking up at the screen...i rarely look at it anyway. epthegeek

#1524 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I do have one and had one before your first post. But thanks again for sticking your nose in.
I must have missed when you became a moderator.

I dunno, you seem to be missing a zero.

#1533 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m hoping there’s Rick and/or Morty dialog for those things. “Oh shit, we’re in the TNA dimension, they don’t even know what the fuck ramps are here!!!!”

Yea, agreed, but I kind of figured that was never planned therefore never done. I'm not clear on what the likelihood is that he'll come back and do more voice work. Hopefully that door is still open for future changes, but would completely understand if it isn't.

#1537 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Including tax and shipping. Just the change in our shitty ass CDN dollar in the past week has my total going up about $415

OH man...that sucks..

#1624 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I claim no responsibility for this awesomeness as I picked it up elsewhere but why isnt this thread called
"The Wubba Lubba Dub Club"
You're welcome

Read the thread. You're welcome.

#1628 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just wanted to share what seemed funny to me. Sorry to activate some people's snark o meter.

I wasn't being snarky. In the thread there's an explanation from Spooky why the thread isn't called that. I don't remember where though, thought you might be interested to know why.

#1661 4 years ago

Yea, I had already accepted this was inevitable. Stay strong Spookie and employees. We'll all get through this somehow.

#1713 4 years ago

lol, I've been noticing more and more people on youtube having to clarify when a video was filmed because people freak out over the number of people.

#1782 4 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

It’s a two week old out of the box game. Second hand lol, but it’s #55

ohhh...so you're the one

Enjoy!!

#1800 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

If you’re alright letting a company charge you that much for a game and having to make fixes more power to you. I’m not in that boat. I’m here for the consumers and I’m not going to be a cheerleader for a company. If you want to do that fine continue downvoting. If you don’t like what I post block me or don’t read it. I’m fine either way.

I understand your complaints, but you are leaving out a HUGE difference. Stern has been doing this for decades and is quite a bit bigger and expectations are higher for a company that has been around so long and continues to raise their prices and put less into their games. Spooky is newer at this. No need to be a dick about it, they are way more interactive than Stern.

Do you own and/or have one on order?

#1868 4 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I got this from them last week:
“We take many different forms of payment Credit cards, check, cash, wire transfer, and yes we do use Square”

Free 10 foot pole with cash payments.

#1910 4 years ago

I was going to ask if that kink was 'normal' as it seemed like it would cause issues??

#1938 4 years ago

May 3rd!

#2013 4 years ago

Yea agreed. I like it, and might get it to make a display out of, but I don't think it fits the machine...

#2026 4 years ago

Well it's his style so I get it, overall I think it's really cool, but it doesn't really match actual R&M asthetic --- but it could -- they do different things with their art templates all the time in shorts/ads.... but as for going on the pinball machine, I don't feel it matches.

#2078 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Well, I just finished the 1st season of Rick & Morty last night. LOL!
Now I'm hooked! I'm buying the next 3 seasons.
So there are only 4 seasons now with more coming I hope?

season 4 isn't finished yet...

#2142 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I intended people to eat the included bonus candy when they install their Pickle Rick mods. Since its shelf life is probably multiple years you should be good to go whether you are #84 or #750 on the list.
I actually like the gum to "breath" a little so it's as hard and sharp as Cap'n Crunch and can cut your gums when you try to chew it. Just like the pink sheets of gum like material that came with my trading cards back in the day.

Do you have more of those mod kits? I was holding out since I've probably got a year+ wait If nothing else, I'd like the coin door labels.

#2149 4 years ago

Why are you here with this BS crap again, and in the owners thread no less? Unless you have links to police records that state they've been charged with pedophilia get the f out of here with that nonsense. Making a video making fun of the subject isn't the same thing as being one. Do you also believe that all other fiction videos are real and make their makers those things? You can hate them for making such material, that's your right, but quit shoving it down other peoples throats as some sort of fact.

#2177 4 years ago

Just as an FYI you don't need a FB account to see their page. Just do a google search for Spooky facebook and you can get to it.

1 week later
#2530 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Found a ball trap! it must have flown there during multiball.[quoted image]

Could you put a post with a rubber on it right there?

3 weeks later
#2867 3 years ago

So is there plans for a melting morty decision tree mode?? Or some sort of 'do-over' button but at a cost....

4 weeks later
#3779 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Kaneda just posted this on facebook..
I did this on TNA after the colordmd guys recommended it and have ordered a screen for my R&M. It made huge improvement to TNA for me.
[quoted image]

Those don't look that different in the picture, both look washed out.

My humble suggestion would be that most likely the 'knobs' in the back aren't all set the same whether from the factory, or bumped in shipping/production line. Adjust as necessary.

#3958 3 years ago

15 hours since last post? Unacceptable!

1 month later
#4928 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:I am still waiting on that ball fondlers code update to drop and PBL to release the mod for the cabinet.[quoted image]

Comes out of the bottom of the cabinet ala Thing?

#5030 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Ahhh that's interesting. Didn't know that. Bring on the slut dragons!
[quoted image]

I doubt it gets to that extent, but a mode where every target yells 'slut!' 'slut!' with the whip snap (like willhelm) would be a nice diversion to make people's eyebrows raise.

#5057 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I swear I just saw something about the show being canceled.

You did...cancel culture about something completely unrelated that Dan Harmon put out years ago. It's not cancelled yet..but the way things are recently, it's probably only a matter of time.

#5214 3 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

I think the flexing piece of plastic is going to need an upgrade or redesign to work long term.
[quoted image]

Okay..I'm shaking my head at this one. This should be on a hinge...plastic is going to break, especially after 10-15 years when it becomes brittle.

#5267 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How come I did not see this before I wrote my bit of drivel?

Obviously you are all overthinking it. The real solution is duct tape.

1 month later
#6033 3 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

And another New Zealand special edition.
Thanks to all the team at Spooky and RotorDave for making it happen.
Looking forward to the ongoing evolution of the game.
[quoted image]

That's funny that you put it right next to Time Machine. They could be brothers.

#6083 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I have just over a thousand plays on my game.

Holy crap...someone on Pinside who actually PLAYS their games instead of putting 50-100 games and selling it?

1 week later
#6463 3 years ago

Can anyone who's got a game recently tell us if the loop/garage diverter area issues have been taken care of at the factory or is there still tweaking that has to be done?

#6571 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

[quoted image]

LOL..does the game have that in it the wind whispering 'loooserrr' when the game is over?

#6605 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

so .... another years wait for game 530?
Not sure anymore if I can wait that long

I'm a very patient person, but yeah, I am aching for a new game and don't press the button because I know I have this coming, but with all the great new games coming out it's getting harder not to since this is so far out.

#6636 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That is officially the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen done to a pinball machine. Good luck selling it.

Well to be fair, it's a very Rick thing to do...

#6637 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

For those waiting, the great thing about pinball is that the resale value of any machine is generally pretty good. So buy a game that you want, while you are "waiting," enjoy it, and when it's time for your R&M delivery, sell said game or other game in your collection. Counting down the days until your game is ready will make it painful. Don't do that. Enjoy your collection, don't think about how many left or how long it's going to be, and before you know it, you're getting an email from your distro or spooky for your build specs.

That all depends on location. I hate moving games in and out, and there's a lack of sellers and buyers near me as well. I buy games I intend to keep, I'm not into the buy it and playing 20 games on it then selling it in a month....I've actually..never sold a game lol. I've had some of these for over 20 years.

#6639 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

So it looks like I'm the only R&M owner whose pop light never worked properly. It went from hardly lighting at all to now out completely.
I've adjusted the bulb which helps temporarily but then dies out. I'm assuming that I have to completely remove the housing and re-solder each wire. I don't exactly know how to do this since the housing is so hard to get into.
I'm not complaining, just writing notes for any future owner who has the same issue. Hopefully I will figure this out and help others down the road who have the same issue. Totally annoying since it looks like such a big part of the game. It never turned white, never blinked at the start of a game for a megaseed alert, and never blinked at the start of pickle rick. It lit every other time but those 3 times. Now it doesn't work at all.

Isn't this a waurantee issue?

#6724 3 years ago

One thing is for sure, newer machine legs are thinner and way more flexible than old legs. Just another 'modern perk' of manufacturing things cheaper.

#6843 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I believe 231 had a drill bit sent through the playfield during final testing(Blame spooky Bug)! Had to be rebuilt I think it is getting boxed today. The cabinets are pre built with all the add-ons specific serial number to game so when we have one damaged on the line we swap the whole playfield and re-assemble.

So a factory installed ultra deep dimple? should have shipped it that way lol.

#6887 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

My apologies, demand was greater than supply. I will be dropping off another batch tomorrow morning. They should be back in stock and available for purchase by the afternoon. Honestly, I was quite overwhelmed by the response for this mod.
Thanks!

Let us know! I would like to get one.

1 week later
#7282 3 years ago

I don' t know the history here. Is coil heat an issue on Spooky games? Asking because I have never had such a worry or concern on any other games. And if so, is it not something that can be resolved with different coils?

#7301 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Rick and Morty seems to be worse than the other spooky ones tested so far (on the right flipper, mainly as it gets a workout). Although of all the machines tested so far, Stranger Things is the champ with temps that maxed out my gauge at over 157 degrees (so I don't know how high STh goes).
But in general, with coils you're fighting the laws of thermodynamics. Energy is converted to action and heat, and if there's not enough time between pulses to let the heat dissipate, the heat continues building, which increases resistance, which increases heat, in a loop. Unlike the other coils in the game, the flippers are firing all the time with few pauses of more than a few seconds, so they just build up heat, which affects their performance over time. Some games are better at building pauses into the action that gives the coils time to cool for short bursts. The fans just help continuously dissipate the heat to prevent heat buildup and in turn electrical resistance. All of that said, if your playing time is 30 minutes or less, you don't have to worry about fade. It only happens over time, but once it starts, it only gets worse unless you let the machine rest (and the heat of the coils dissipate).
Here's a really easy explanation of electrical resistance:
https://nationalmaglab.org/education/magnet-academy/watch-play/interactive/heat-resistance

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

#7468 3 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Mark sent me some photos of the games as he received them. He states that "They put 8 of the games on top of other games. Yours was one of the ones underneath hence the damage on the top. Travelling 40 days on a ship with 130kg games on top. I think there also must have been some rough weather as it looks like those games on top might have moved around a lot. That’s a lot of weight on the games underneath".
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They need to fire whoever loaded those.

#7583 3 years ago

you guys are way overthinking this leg thing. Just play it on the floor!

#7584 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

My original plastic cracked also yesterday night.
Good thing, i have 2 replacement plastics from pinballlife in stock.
But for that issue, we need def a better solution.
[quoted image]

I'm sorry but that is a bad design. Not sure why they don't just make it an actual hinge, while not perfect, it would be way less likely to break from normal use.

#7808 3 years ago

In honor of the GnR release, is there a Multi-BALLS dimension? You know...BALLS. Like BALLS.

#7853 3 years ago

The whole game is Amazeballs!!!
Last night I got my highest score and highest combo!
I’m feeling pretty confident that’s going to take my wife a little bit to top that score... maybe.
When you get all 5 balls in play multi ball is so much fuc#in fun on this game! And, hilarious when Rick has to “adjust his balls”because the one in the trough got used.[quoted image][quoted image]

This has 5 ball multiball? I thought only 3 was possible? How many mb modes are there currently? I've only ever seen the first one.

2 weeks later
#8519 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

They are building between 10-15 games per week (assume a dozen average)
If invoice #423 was just paid, and I'm 530 I assume 9 more weeks before I pay my final invoice (10 weeks until my game is ready), so mid-February I should be able to pickup my game.
You are probably closer to 20 weeks before you see an invoice, so probably end of April for your game to be complete.

I believe it might be more than that because before COVID hit they were doing ~10. Maybe closer to 20-25?

#8647 3 years ago

Is that something that will be going on machines or do we just need to plan on ordering one? Just asking because my machine is still a number of months out.

#8679 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Maybe the guy is just a huge fan of...
innovation.

snicker.

#8737 3 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

With pinball having switched to using full-on computers, this vulnerability has always been in the back of my mind. I personally am averse to making any pinball machine I own another member of the IoT.

I would normally tend to agree, but I've had a virtual pin on the network for 8 years with no issues. Viruses are not as problematic as people would make them appear. A decent router, and some common sense goes a long way. The hard drives going bad is a much more realistic issue.

That being said, I do not want a 'forced to be online' model of pinball. Having to rely on external corporate servers in an industry that is unstable is not a good use of my money.

1 week later
#9181 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Why did Spooky use a thinner playfield vs the standard 1/2" playfield that's been around forever in pinball?...

..and yet better quality than many if not all?

#9228 3 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

ISO new R&M playfield.
j/k j/k j/k

nah they are just new alternate flipper line up holes

#9253 3 years ago

Somewhere along the line of this crap year I convinced myself that I was 448. I saw it was getting really close but no email. Then I checked my invoice, and I'm 488. Woops. Close, but not close enough!

#9289 3 years ago

Given how much tearing down/fixing and commenting on the shooting and flipper fade etc, I'm surprised that it took this long for anyone to point out the gap issue.

#9325 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

shit. Now I really have to fix bugs. This Eric guy is cranky.

They didn't tell you you'd be working 24x7 and thru christmas when you took this project?

1 week later
#9453 3 years ago

Someone gave an in depth explanation why it seemed to be especially bad on R&M earlier in the thread.

#9480 3 years ago

I'm trying to remain positive, but things like that really bug me. Why are these still being shipped out like that? It wasn't a good design to begin with, relying on bending plastic. As soon as people started reporting them breaking so fast, something should have been changed. Sure it may be a 'cheap' fix overall, but that is kind of the point. It screams 'cheap'. Hell, make it out of rubber if nothing else, it may dry out, but that will take years. People don't want to replace a broken plastic every month. (also, don't really make it out of rubber - add an actual hinge or something).

#9523 3 years ago

Man...I haven't played a single game on those lists....

#9563 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Also never noticed the Spooky backglass is old school...not a plastic translite. Sweet.

Really? Nice. Always assumed it was a translite.

#9592 3 years ago

I agree with this. The screen doesn't bother me like things breaking or not put together properly.

#9601 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Nah. Stern is the best comparison because they are roughly the same size.

They aren't a good comparison because you are talking a big company versus a very small company. Stern gets things cheaper and overall costs are cheaper (comparatively). Money went elsewhere on this game.

For me, I'm not spending much time ever looking up away from the pf.

#9635 3 years ago

LOL. I thought for sure when ppl started chiming in that their displays were fine, people were going to ask them if they were a manlet

#9640 3 years ago

Very well could be a combination of playfield angle and player height. (and maybe panel model)

#9647 3 years ago

I've been avoiding watching videos regarding this pin, but I watched a few minutes of yours. I tell you, this game has what most these days are missing. Good authentic sounding callouts. An actual voice actor. Granted these are his characters, but you can tell he at least understood what he was doing. So many of them these days are just flat with zero delivery....nothing like the old days of MM, MB, CV, AFM etc where they had actual characters.

I suppose part of that could be the multitude of band games, but even AIQ and JP callouts are very meh. Steve Richie's callouts are better than most others.

#9666 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

I feel so silly for even asking this. I’ve done this a zillion times on other games. I’m working on things, so I decided to lower the flippers per Scott’s recommendation. However I can’t get the damn things tight enough. They keep jumping up a little higher after a few games. The Alan screw/bolt is on pretty tight but they just won’t stay. Any ideas? Am I just that weak? Ha!

locktite?

#9668 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Oh no no. I don’t mean the nut, my fault. The flippers themselves at rest I mean.

OHHHH. Duct tape.

#9682 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Are we really in the 400's already? I havent heard a peep from Spooky about paying for #493 yet....getting nervous. Whats the deal? I havent been pinsiding at all for months.

They are in the low 400's. They just got off holiday break, so I imagine some new emails should be going out in the next few weeks or so.

#9684 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Using the flippers on this game makes my room lights flicker more than any other game ever has.
Enough so that I would like to be able to do something about it. It's really distracting. Plus I have to think it's making coils weaker during multiballs, etc, dragging down the line voltage.
I have a big 'ol Best UPS that I could use, just needs a new battery, bet that'd smooth things out.
But that would be a hundred pound bandaid. Maybe a big capacitor on the game's high voltage line?
But maybe it's partly my cheap LED floodlights, they do weird things like glow dimly when the circuit is supposed to be off (on dimmer circuits), so maybe they're sensitive so slight variations in line voltage too. I just never had a problem with it before getting R&M...
Any ideas, opinions or similar complaints?

Wonder if that is in anyway related to the abnormal heat issues with the flipper coils. Pulling too many amps?

#9692 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Thanks fellas. Nerves calmed. Lol.

Right there with you. #488 here.

#9705 3 years ago

Spooky - can anyone say if the leg issue has been resolved? I'm ordering some parts and wanting to know if I need those protectors.

#9733 3 years ago

But again...if everyone is buying the same legs from the same people, shouldn't all games be having this issue to some degree? Didn't Spooky already extend the built in leg protectors?

And ouch...I can completely understand the concern on a butter cab.

#9735 3 years ago

I haven't seen it on my MB, there is a decent gap, but I will say they are the flimsiest legs in my collection.

#9738 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the bill acceptor hole?

Oh also, got email for addons for #488 today.

#9744 3 years ago

Your house took Some damage?
Can you claim that on your home owners insurance?

Ha... seriously though, that sucks.

So, I can't actually tell what is going on there, but I'm assuming we need a house plastic protector?

#9746 3 years ago

For those of us who haven't seen a game in person yet...no it isn't obvious at all, even after your explanation. I see a shadow, but without context, we'd have n idea.

#9753 3 years ago

I'm looking into some sort of battery universe mod using a capacitive screen. I have ideas of what I want it to do, but I have only a vague idea to go about it.

without going into things leading to legal details...

character lounging around / or some kind of calm setting when nothing is happening, that may change occasionally (representing day to day life). When you look in, this is what you see.

If you tap on the window, they freak out, or something crumbles, or run around frantically, cowering...

A small speaker in the cabinet that when playing the game, things like tilts, or the shaker going off triggers audio of distant (small) screams, or something to the effect of people screaming 'what's happening!!?' (calamity/chaos) using some form of mercury switch.

Just brainstorming at the moment.

#9789 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Quick review for those interested...
The hooked on pinball lighted rail kit and pinball life RaM hinges.
I was a bit skeptical on the hinges I liked them but also felt bad taking off the spooky logo from the hinge / machine. They looked good but look a lot better lit up... like Rick himself I suppose.
The portal light is nice as well and really sticks out when your in a dim room or without the overhead lights up.
Install - install was easy. Really just a screw driver and some clear tape and 1 socket to swap the hinges if you do that as well.
Overall I am happy with it. And looks good with the bright button upgrade as well.
On suggestion would make is that I would like to have ability to have it fade I and out. Something simple set it and forget it like the bright buttons use... that would really make it pop and stand out.
Right not they are just on or off with the button.
If anyone know how to make that happen (fade in and out) let me knownthat would look bad ass[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

On the button portals is that using the factory portal art, and just attaching el paper behind it?

#9800 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It looks like Rick and Morty Standard edition is only 4 reviews away from being eligible for the Pinside top 100. If it were eligible, it would be in the top 10 based on current reviews. Since it's the same game as the BSE minus the trim differences, it makes sense to review the standard as well and get this game up to where it belongs in the rankings!

So a few things.

No one has played a standard (just as a point)

But additionally, if a person hasn't played a R&M they shouldn't be reviewing it.

More people have NOT played a R&M than have.

#9803 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Those who have played a standard, built out of order due to bulk overseas shipping considerations, would probably disagree with this statement.

Wasn't aware of that, but...that number is? loowwwwwww

#9806 3 years ago

I wasn't clear, I'm not debating they are the same game. But it doesn't matter. ^^ what he said.

#9821 3 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

If anyone is having issues with the tight loop shot not registering I highly recommend the magnetic reed switch from M&M creations. Pm Sonic. Went in easy, really satisfying having that shot register finally. I also replaced the right loop switch next to it. Was having issues with the ball hanging up on it.

marking this for later.

#9877 3 years ago

Invoice paid on #488 - no butter.

#9895 3 years ago

epthegeek Is there a planned cut off date for feature adds? Or is this something that if you chose to (or they chose to pay you to continue occasionally) you could add past the end of the run - I assume to the end of the license?

#9900 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Rather than just ghost this; I can't answer you. Sorry.

Fair enough Was just curious, but understand.

#9906 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Bring on the snakes eric.
Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

was hoping they were already in there....ssss....

#9917 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'd rather not know to be honest. I don't think its typical of other manufacturers to say when a game is 100% complete. I'm still holding out hope that my 9 year old ACDC will get a final update. I trust Eric and team on this game and know that they aren't done yet.

and in 5 years and season 10 of R&M, they release a new backglass

#9943 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Game could use a Protect Summer adventure.

Yeah keep summer safe seemed like an obvious mode

#9999 3 years ago

To be the voice of...well the opposite, I can't imagine that actually looks good? Needs some paint or artwork on it. Too much of it shows to be just a big chunk of metal. I suppose maybe the crystal mod in front might cover it up some?

That being said, it does seem it might be necessary.

#10049 3 years ago

Are the bushings going out fixed now?

#10119 3 years ago

If you ask me the main problem is it shouldn't be rocket science and have to order a specific USB stick from a galaxy far away to update a game. Why do pinball manufacturers seem to have more of an issue with this than any other device that uses USB?

#10134 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

This is the whiniest owners thread I’ve ever been a part of.

Thanks for your contribution.

#10170 3 years ago

Speaking of the flipper issue. Is it possible rather than cut the bushings down to put washers under the flipper assembly (underside of pf)? This wouldn't require you to take apart the flippers to adjust. Doesn't sound like the factory fix for this is going to be any time soon.

#10177 3 years ago

Depends on options, but when you get to those price points, it doesn't matter. I expect to fix/tweak/spend money on a routed game I bought for 2k. A 7k+ NIB machine should be pretty flawless out of the box, with maybe a few tweaks here or there on various owners machines given factory variance.

The "it's pinball" does not apply to a brand new game no matter how much the apologists want to pretend it does.

Spooky has shown they have the balls to stick in a thread that could easily turn toxic and listen to their customers. As mentioned, the bulk of people you hear from repeatedly are the ones with issues, as well as those of us eagerly awaiting our games. They've already fixed many early tweaks in factory.

The flipper issue, which in my opinion is a HUGE issue, was only recently discovered/discussed/addressed. I think this is one of the main reasons everyone thinks this game is hard. The flippers make shots unreliable. Fortunately they plan on remediating this as well.

My first and only NiB machine was MBr, and it has been flawless. I've not had to do anything to it (knock on wood), but others did have to tweak things. Eithe way, the bar was set pretty high.

All in all, most of us understand that pinball design/manufacturing isn't exactly easy. And 2020 wasn't an ideal scenario for it either. Spooky continues to take notes and improve, and well, clearly they knocked the theme out of the park and it seems their playfields are better than most competitors. I think what you run into is when you are paying a premium for a premium product, people expect quality if not near perfection. You can really tell the people who have way more money than they need when they act like these are throwaway items and no one can criticize anything about them.

None of this is a knock on Spooky, the opposite really. They've shown they care, and that is a huge thing to me.

#10190 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

So your bar is a re-release of a game over 2 decades old. Got it. Its not being an apologist its reality, not all games have 20+ years of lead time to get it perfect on the re-release. Go check out any owners club thread for any recent game released by the big names, extra points if its Stranger Things, you will see everyone has problems and adjustments constantly being posted. They call it a hobby for a reason.

I don't know what other hobbies you are involved in, but poor QA and fixing what should have been fixed in house is not what qualifies a 'hobby'. Many of those issues are simply because of cutting corners and rushing while at the same time jacking the prices up. The 'hobby' of pinball was when pinballs were barely being made any longer and people were coming up with new ways to keep them running. That should not and does not apply to brand new games.

While CGC does have the advantage of less R&D and coding for what they've released so far, it doesn't negate the production quality.

Yes, we know people have issues with new games, that is really the discussion, comparing. I'm stating that someone blowing off anyone who is complaining about the quality of something they just dropped thousands on with 'it's pinball' is wrong. A big difference is Spooky is listening. Which is good.

I guess if your game comes with a big hole in the cabinet it must be fine because it doesn't impact gameplay? It's just pinball.

EDIT: the sad part is, it sounds like I'm bitching, but I'm not. I just empathize with those with issues. Any other product if it has issues, you send it back. It's hard to do that with a pinball machine

#10191 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Short answer is no.
I'm more than happy for anyone to copy or develop the idea for manufacturing. That is why I posted what I did. Any basic fabrication business should be capable.
Here are some finer details of my "prototype"...
I parted off 2.1/2" milk tube (SS 63.5mm O.D.), which fits in the hole nicely (portal diameter 64mm). I parted off 11.5mm length in the lathe. Using 1mm plate for the mounting, this leaves the top edge of the protector about 1.6mm below the playfield surface, about 1mm higher than the bottom bevel edge.
For the mounts, i just used a postit-pad sheet stuck to the bottom of the playfield to mark the portal hole and the two screw holes. I also marked appropriate spots for 2 new screws, and checked this against the subway for ball clearance etc.
I also drilled the holes extra larger than really needed, to make up for in case of my shoddy template making Lol
Ball falls in the hole no different. I also added a piece of sticky back foam to the left side ball guide to hopefully prevent the portal jump "jumps".
That's about the long and short of it.

LOL, maybe someone should get this to Cliffy??

#10198 3 years ago

It's so subtle, and I doubt many would notice, but yes, it looks good especially with the blue flipper rubbers.

#10246 3 years ago

Butter cabinet placement plays a big part of the timeline.

#10289 3 years ago

I got the word mine is ready for pickup!!! Unfortunately, blizzard set in, and apparently they are only open Mon-Thurs. Probably won't be able to get to it until next week.

#10391 3 years ago

Picked up #488 today! Waiting to beg a stranger to help me load it into the house.

#10392 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Wow - you guys went crazy on the rollover orders : ) I'm down to my last order to build/ship....that was a lot of orders to fill - but on that point, I've sent out a ton of R&M MRS'....everyone getting them, working good...all copacetic?
Matt
M&M Creations

Where can these be ordered? I missed it.

#10396 3 years ago

Finally got it in and up and running. So far no issues other than the slingshot needs the gap adjusted.

The flippers are still the long bushings, but it seems to shoot fine, I'm not having any issue getting up ramps or around orbits. They are indeed tight shots.

Anyone know if the keep the versions updated as they box them?

#10398 3 years ago

I would say it is lighter than most. I basically was moving this around by myself. It is heavier in the front than the back which is unusual.

The lockbar latches are...interesting. They do latch hard, but the bar should be flush. You probably have something in the way, and should double check before committing to latching it.

Go trhough and check all your connections. When I opened the backbox the display cable was too short and came off. I pulled more through and it is fine now. Then I went through the backbox and under pf and pushed/squeezed all the connectors before I ever turned it on.

#10438 3 years ago

Let's talk about real backglasses, heavy backglasses. This may be the heaviest backglass I've seen. I was pleasantly surprised to find it wasn't a translite.

#10444 3 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Has the leg issue been resolved. Anyone with current games have their legs biting into the cabinet and messing up the decals?

I got mine a few days ago and they had the PBL protectors on (and I had ordered a set). I dry fit the legs with the installed protectors and the front legs looked like they would rub if they bent/twisted at all they were so close so I doubled up. Plenty of space after that.

#10463 3 years ago

Be nice if they actually explained what was different with it? Is it that it is circular at the end?

#10464 3 years ago

So, I hadn't got a tilt yet...tried to tilt..didn't tilt, but I think I put my shoulder out.

#10469 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Have you checked the tilt bob? Reach under and flick it and see if it tilts.

Yes, it does.

#10470 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

What does this mod accomplish?

All it appears to do is reinforce the end so the wires don't bend over time. At least, that's what it looks like from the pictures.

#10478 3 years ago

I have not had any issues at all as of yet, and I didn't change any shooter settings.

#10504 3 years ago

I bought the cheap Amazon coolers per recommendation from someone. I think for 'most' people this is probably good enough. Haven't seen any issues yet, that I can determine with them after about an hour of play.

#10510 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Has anyone made adjustments to the Beth, Summer, and Jerry targets?
They seem incredibly stiff and tough to activate outside of a direct hit. The foam backing on them is very thick.
Also what gameplay purpose does the Rick target serve other than a leaderboard mention?

I was fiddling with this yesterday. It seemed from what I could tell the connectors are held together (touching) and the ball hitting spreads them. The foam is wedged against them so they do not activate easily. I am not 100% sure this is how they are set up but the initial look seemed to be like that. If this is how it really is, cutting back a little foam should help the issue.

I would have expected them to have a gap, and ball hit makes the leaf touch, and the foam prevents them from going too far...but... will require some more investigation.

Also, they put the stickers over the top of (rivet?) but it's pointed. These stickers won't last long as there is a huge bump under all these stickers. Normally the rivets are mostly flat inside.

#10512 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

I adjusted the leaf springs on those targets. Makes them trigger like all my old BWMs machines.

which way are they? Did you just bend them out away from the cushion?

#10522 3 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

I had to adjust every single leaf switch on my game to make them register without needing a hammer to activate them. They should have been adjusted from the factory (this is a new in box pin afterall, not something off a route). This in addition to fixing numerous mechs that were put together incorrectly and also the right flipper switch needed lots of work to function like its supposed to. My game is a Jan 2021 build.

The only things I've needed to adjust so far are the 3 left targets and the slingshot. Everything else is working as expected fortunately. While I'm sure my flipper height needs adjusted it seems to play fine as is. I think I have the angle up to 7 though.

#10532 3 years ago

Yes the speaker lights reflect on the glass, but the position they reflect on (as you can see in the pic) does not interfere with gameplay because the ball is hidden in those areas. While I notice it when I start a game, you don't notice them while playing.

#10536 3 years ago

Absolutely loving this game.

#10539 3 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Has anyone bought the blades from Pingraffix? I would like to see them installed.

eh, normally I like their stuff, but those look pretty uninspired.

#10541 3 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

There isn’t much to pick from on this game. The Spooky ones are very dark.

I agree. They could have continued the landscape with hills and the crystals. Powerbladez with glowing crystals all over might be cool as well. Other than that..not sure.

#10546 3 years ago

After you deal with the glass rattle (I used the zip ties and they worked great) the biggest rattler in the game is the ship mech since it is directly above the sub. Due to it's construction there isn't a good way to prevent it from rattling that I've seen yet. I did wrap the bottom edges of it with electrical tape so it doesn't bang against the end of the mech and that stopped some of it. You can't really do much else without it binding up.

#10551 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Atrend S10 10-Inch Woofer Spacer amazon.com link »

That's out of stock.

However, I would suggest waiting until you have it in hand. I'm not sure mine needs it? I'm not really clear on what people are complaining about. Mine does not appear to hit the mesh (which is just cloth anyway). All of the rattle I hear was the glass and the loose metal mechs.

#10604 3 years ago

Okay a few things have popped up:

1. left flipper seems to stick in the up position at times
2. occasionally...the flippers will drop down when the ball hits them (like half way). I know I've seen people mention this as something to do with the EOS..but not clear on what.
3. Is there no form of ball search on this? I've had 2 different instances where 2 balls have been in the center trough, and at a different time 2 in the portal trough and it won't eject them. Center trough will fix itself on reboot, but the portal trough won't fix itself w/o going into service. (i'm on 12/2020 code)

#10611 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It's interesting, the scoop is less problematic for me, but thanks for the support. The upper flipper is more annoying...when the ball loops around the right orbit/diverter and gets delivered to the upper flipper, it falls back pretty often. Super annoying, since fixing the ball guide to actually deliver the ball to the upper flipper was a PITA
I've owned well over 50 games, and not one has had this weird fallback behavior. Seems like a problem with the platform (i.e. hardware/software combo). Hopefully the problem can be solved.

I haven't noticed it on the upper flipper, but as was mentioned it mostly happens during multiballs, and in those instances I'm staring at the lower flippers and usually ignoring the upper flipper.

Could it be something with the software lowering the power when the flipper reaches full flip thus not holding it in place?

#10641 3 years ago

It's interesting the various issues that do or don't plague people...

I have not had an issue with air balls on ramps.

I've had no issues with the shooter lane, it works exactly as expected

I do have issues with center rejects, but I looked and it is already lowered than what they used to send them.

My flippers do not seem weak at all. In fact I thought they may need turned down. My MBr flippers seem weaker than R&M. I have not noticed any flipper fade that I can tell. I do have a cheap pair of headphone fans on it - but I don't always turn them on and I never noticed it prior to putting them on.

Some shots are more problematic than others. Some of it the rattling that may occur on the orbits. I am thinking that the left garage shot does probably need adjusted, but I'm not clear on what is hanging the ball up. It seems pretty rounded, and follows the art pretty closely. The only thing that seems to stand out is the end of it is about 1/2" (or more) away from the post which seems too far to me. That being said I can land them pretty regularly. The hardest shot for me seems to be that center roundabout on the right side. Posts all day.

What I have had issues with are the switches themselves and the balls getting stuck on the wires.

Also if I miss a shot - 90% of the time it's returning to me down the center - but that is more on me I would say.

#10644 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Glad to hear you’re remaining positive.
I’ve just preemptively purchased the Pinmonk fans and already have the CPU fan ready to go. Hoping this is all I’ll need to have a well playing R&M when it finally arrives. Pretty disheartening having to keep ponying up for what already is a very expensive toy, but I’m sure all of that will be forgotten soon enough.

I pre bought the fan as well, but let me tell you...that ps fan is always drowned out by the topper motor.

#10675 3 years ago

One thing is for sure...none of these games will play remotely the same.

So as I have played more I have another observation/question.

At times when the portal is lit, the right orbit if the ball travel is slow will go down the orbit instead of to the garage. I assume the diverter should not allow this? Are there times when it doesn't close when the portal is on or should it always go to the garage? I assume it has to be working.

EDIT: N/M as I thought about it, it can only pivot at the top which would mean when it is open it can go thru either and a slow ball would go down the orbit much of the time.

#10699 3 years ago

Yea, it's been stated multiple times in this thread of different people having this issue. it's not just him. Mine seems to be getting worse over time. Various people are having different issues.

#10704 3 years ago
Quoted from NoRefunds:

#481 went on the line 2/1 but no updates since. <eye roll>

assume you must have butter? I'm 488 and I picked mine up a week ago.

#10706 3 years ago

Do the houdini flippers heat up like the R&M ones do?

#10724 3 years ago

I do agree that at the price points we are paying for new pins, having to have mods that correct design issues is kind of bs. As much as I like Spooky, one has to ask what anyone was thinking sending out games that allow flipper drop? And if they weren't aware of it being a problem, then clearly there wasn't enough testing done. If this was already a known issue in previous games, that is outright negligence of 'just don't care'.

The coil heat, while I appreciate that someone took the time to make a quality 'fix', the price is outrageous to fix yet another design flaw.

The switches - how is this even an issue in 2020/2021? I'm sorry, but the ones on this game are...not great. Those MRS are cool and all, but $35 a pop? Switches simply shouldn't be a problem at this point in pinball world.

The shooter lane..that one is harder to nail down. I seriously have no issues with it. I could see where the original design would bend over time, but should someone have to buy a $100 mod to 'fix' what should have been done months ago?

Make no mistake, these ARE design flaws they go beyond just standard tweaking...and that isn't even getting into the orbit issues.

Fortunately, this games code/gameplay/theme integration is insanely good. The above all annoy me in their own way, and I'm still feeling mine out to see what I need or don't need. I'm trying not to trash Spooky, but these are the type of things that need improved upon before their next game. The 'it's pinball' umbrella doesn't cover things like this.

#10728 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I just don't know...
$7500 for a machine
and $225-250 for solutions to niggly problems?
I'm not really sweating that added expense.
Honestly, I see a lot more money in Mods that do nothing to affect / improve gameplay on most in home machines. Just purely sepnt on decorating them.
..or, problems like PF issues that can't be resolved for a few dollars and will not even be recognized by manufacturers in some cases.
I'm OK with Spooky. I feel like they aren't gonna leave anyone out on an island.

You can't equate fixing design issues with extras that make you feel good. It just isn't the same. In fact, it's the exact opposite because that money takes away money for the other. It's not about 'sweating' the money either. It's the principal. It's not like we are getting deals on these. We are paying a premium. While that may be chump change for some, for others it represents the limit of what they are willing to spend, so every bit extra is lost cash that realistically shouldn't have been needed in the first place.

And no, I'm not trying to dog Spooky. These same complaints of quality go across all the manufacturers. And while it is what it is with this current release, letting them know where the pain points are is beneficial for future business. I'm very happy with my machine overall, but there is room for improvement.

#10736 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Don’t forget the airball fix on the right ramp which you can now purchase from PL.

To me, this is a pinball issue in general. Airballs happen. I fortunately do not seem to have any issues with airballs on the ramp as of yet. I have had the ball fly up on the lock mech plastic though. I can't speak to what is happening that some are getting airballs on the ramp other than maybe flipper strength and lower incline.

#10750 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We have a literal boat load of improvements being tested, ordered, and designed. Processes being changed and improved. Sourcing higher quality parts. Additions to the building and equipment. The best of the best of our people are learning quality control to supervise individual departments and add layers to gameplay testing. (Almost everything mentioned) from power supply noise, to standup targets, to flippers, to flipper switches, to rollover switches, and about 25 more things. We have bullet lists of things we are fixing and checking off. We have a whole team of people way smarter than me working on flipper issues that include a crazy array of factors from physical, code, PROC. We just got custom felt protectors that fit under the leg completely we hope will end any chance of leg damage ever again. Tests are promising. These things takes months to even arrive let alone test properly for production. Even already looking to improve our launch day process to be as fair and customer friendly as possible.
Rick and Morty was a big step for us in an industry with BIG shoes to fill. We have doubled production over the course of this year fighting multiple Covid shutdowns (some for months). This isn't meant to be an excuse for our failings but simply letting you know that we listen and we have so many good things coming this year.

I can only thumbs up once, so I'll add a *clap*. It isn't about being critical, it's pointing out things that can be improved. I honestly don't think anyone in this thread is unhappy with their R&M. Thanks to you and the rest of Spooky for listening to our rants.

#10762 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Does this game need Pinstadiums?

Not at all.

#10767 3 years ago

n/m wrong thing.

#10804 3 years ago

Okay this may seem simple, but I've never done this before on these new fangled contraptions? Is there anything special you need to do to update the code? Is it simply plug the stick into the port and turn the game on and it updates automatically? Or do I need to go into a menu? I didn't see any update code options in the utilities.

#10808 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Wooooooooooooow! I just wrote about this, right under your post. I've been saying for months that Spooky can help make things easier for folks trying to update their code by adding some basic instructions on their CODE page. Not sure why they don't it: https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/. It's great that they're telling us what's new in the latest code but more important to users is....HOW do I update my code?

LOL yeah, I figured at least there'd be a youtube video with someone doing it, the only thing I found was for Rob Zombie, which does not at all appear to be the same way. I'm sure I can figure it out, but I don't want to brick it either.

#10810 3 years ago

As an update to the firmware question, it really is as easy as plugging it in and turning it on. It finds and updates automatically.

That being said, the download page should be updated to reflect that this is indeed the process.

#10825 3 years ago

I did a factory reset when going from 12/20 to the new one, but it didn't reset my scores, just the settings. Even the date/time remained correct. Only things I had to change was curse setting and the launch strength which was 12 (too low) to 14 after the upgrade. So far. Either I am having a good night or some of the changes helped because the shots seemed easier to make. Still seeing some knockdown, but I haven't messed with the EoS yet.

#10846 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well I was about to take delivery of my Rick and Morty BSE, but the Fedex delivery guy wanted nothing to do with the snow. He said forget it, gave me a very hard time and left. I never had an issues with other pinball deliveries before but man this guy was a jerk. I was like if you know there is a snow storm, and we just got 8" and another 8" on the way, why the hell did you load this on the truck today?
I still dont understand why pinball companies ship during the Winter. its impossible to get them into the garage, impossible to set them up and almost got me into a fight with a delivery guy. [quoted image][quoted image]

I live at the top of a hill, with a steep drive and no room for a semi truck to come up the street let alone the drive. When I have them delivered, I have them meet me on a non busy side street and come with a trailer. Back the trailer to the dock and they can drop it right on it. Couldn't be easier.

This guy though was probably way behind, and if he didn't contact you prior, not much you could have done.

#10852 3 years ago

That sure looks like it might be the satillite dish on the house? Hard to tell because can't judge the size, but if that is missing that's what it is.

#10864 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The only time I’ve seen it happen on mine is a direct bullet-ball from the slam bumper to the flipper. I’ve never seen it happen from multiball or fast horseshoe returns. Then again, I’ve also never had a problem with flipper strength or hitting the ramps nicely. I lucked out, I guess...I dunno!

I finally got around to making the EoS adjustments and that and the 1/21 code seems to have made my flipper drops disappear (so far). I do now of course have a new problem of the left flipper sticking more than it used to. I'm not sure if I adjusted that EoS a bit too far or what just yet..

#10895 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

Setup my game yesterday and man is this fun. I'm only a few games in but I'm able to make every shot (when I aim properly).
Super happy with the game and the quality, the butter cab is gorgeous.
I have had to lower a couple switches and tighten the EOS on the flippers but that's about it. I'll be replacing the fan but I don't see the need for much else.
The speakers rock, so much so that I'm just playing with bluetooth now, even at the lowest setting our house is too small for that beast.
One thing I noticed that I don't think I've seen mentioned, does anyone else have the upper flipper hop when the auto plunger fires? Seems odd and was happening before I closed the EOS.

Nope haven't seen that.

Also, bluetooth?

#10934 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me if this is how this is supposed to look? I never noticed it before tonight. Is this from the ball hitting it on the way up, or is it purposely bent like this to aim the middle orbit out?

0217212224 (resized).jpg0217212224 (resized).jpg
#10953 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Topper question. Is it normal for the green flashers to dimly light sometimes? I feel like the shaker motor or something else is causing them to light up slightly. They flash normally when the topper portal is spinning.

They are normally off unless the spinning/flashing is happening.

#10978 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Cute. I don't even know who Deeproot is. My point was simple, it's pathetic that flippers in a home use environment need fans to achieve full performance. A pin in a heavily traveled free play arcade is another story (where the game might be played continuously for 8 hours).

Well, I disagree that in normal home use they are needed. Unless your house is a hotbox. Most people aren't playing a single machine for 2-3 hours on end. If you are a streamer, I get it, but otherwise, most people simply don't need them. I've been monitoring my temps, and after an hour or so, the flipper coils are not at all hot to the touch (I don't have a way to take the actual temp, but I would assume something that is 130+ degrees would be hot to the touch). Now, having said that, the ambient temperature in the room it is in right now is probably around 65, so I'm sure that helps.

#11033 3 years ago

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the non butter. It looks great. I do not regret at all. That's money that can go towards other things/pins. If your goal is to maximize your lineup and they are all close, it makes almost no sense to splurge on butter. If it's going to be out where it's on display, then it might make sense to get butter.

#11050 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I have accomplished next to nothing since #458 showed up here on Tuesday.
I think you will find your love for pinball rejuvinated.

Yeah, I haven't touched any of my other machines since R&M made it in. I know it's new and all, but I haven't done that for any other machine. It is truly a unique pin the way the adventures are coded.

#11060 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I have not played with that adjustment at all and will check tonight. Thanks!

Adjusting the EoS on the flipper coils as far as I can tell has eliminated my knockdowns. You have to adjust them 'away' from the coils so that when you fully depress the rod the hook catch that hits the contacts doesn't make them connect until it is almost completely fully stopped. (I hope that makes sense?). There's a post in the key post that kind of shows it, but it isn't very clear if you've never messed with it before. Where this hits by default the rod travels another 3/16" or so after the contacts have connected (which apparently is too early).

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you get the two contacts TOO close, the flippers will stick up more, so keep close to an 1/8" between contacts. I'm still trying to adjust that out of mine now, but as I say the knockdowns have went away.

#11063 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

Why would they need to be close if it's about when contact is made and broken, couldn't just the outer leaf be adjusted out so that contact isn't made until the end of the stroke?

That's probably perfectly fine too.

#11100 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

So how is Pickle Rick adventure qualified? I’ve noticed that it’s the only mode that starts when I shoot the garage.

I think it may be random, but yes it starts with garage. I've had it come up almost immediately at the start of a game before. You will hear morty and rick telling you to go to the garage even though the portal isn't flashing.

#11104 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Pickle Rick is random but can't be the first adventure started on newer code.

Ah, probably happened before I updated then.

#11108 3 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Anybody have this issue? Tried reseating the connectors and it’s still not working.

I was. The connector kept pulling away after a few games. I hot glued all of those ribbon cable connectors. I assume yours was working before and now it is not? Was it off? Did you get the pins correct? Is it completely seated? One of mine had a big lump of factory hot glue preventing it from going all the way on.

#11116 3 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Nope I just unboxed it yesterday and it was always like this.

What does it do if you go into test?

It is possible they installed the connector backwards on one end.

#11127 3 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

I cut the glue, seat it firm and it’s still like this. Wondering if it’s the board.

Validate that the cable is actually connected correctly on both ends. It could have been installed with one side connected backwards which could cause things like what you are seeing.

I can try to post a pic if needed.

Also, there are 2 cables. I'm not sure if both are the segments or if one is for the 2 lights on either side....those could also be swapped in some way.

#11132 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just had two back-to-back games with a score of 500k. Loser...

Just two? I'm so annoyed that if I don't clear 1mil before the first ball drains, i start over - open door, service, exit. I seriously hit a lot of nothing on this game.

#11136 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Doesn't R&M have a restart function where you can just hold down the start button or something after the first ball? I don't have my game yet, but remember reading that Rick shames the hell out of you if you restart your game. It's got to be easier than opening the coin door, etc...

Yes, you hold the start button down. But it ejects the current ball and you have to wait for it to drain, and it goes through an animation sequence..and while it's funny, it is much faster with my method.

#11146 3 years ago

Yea I fired up some games for the first time in 2 weeks and kept trying to hit the magnet button.

#11152 3 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Guess I’ll have to go through and do the adjustments on mine. It shoots like shit. All the shots are bricks so far and it isn’t really fun enough that I want to spend the time to make the adjustments.

To be honest, you are still going to brick. I brick all day long on this game. The shots are very tight compared to most games. The adjustments do make things slightly better for the orbits, but that isn't going to fix hitting the posts.

#11153 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Mine is #175 and definitely needed a lot of love to play reasonably.
Is yours a recent build? You'd hope that the more recent builds have incorporated some of the experience/wisdom in this thread.
I really wish Spooky would update us on when the flipper bushings will be done/distributed. The sooner it is done, the sooner they can start building/shipping games that don't need flipper surgery.

Some has yes. But say for example the right orbit to the upper flipper is still stuck out. I question whether or not it is supposed to be lined up with the flipper or not. I know that ideally it should be, but was that how it was designed? The outer orbit still has lots the ball catches and on kills it, long past that spot.

The left orbit follows the graphics better than earlier games, but it is still a rattle fest if you don't hit it in the exact right spot.

I've found that if I'm not aiming for the center trough, I can hit it without rejects all day long, but as soon as I aim for it, reject... lol.

#11168 3 years ago

I set it to start on no adventures. I guess I like to be tortured as I will NEVER fill it

Quoted from melumga:

Does anyone else do the running man when you fill up the Morty card and the flu-hating rap starts? ... Or is it just me?

#11210 3 years ago

Anyone have a surefire way to keep the flippers from sticking? I've been unable to solve this one.

#11213 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

It’s all tied to the EOS ... It’s a battle between ‘knockdown’ and ‘stuck-up’ for me. Still fucking with it. Getting close to selling mine.

Is this because it's all digital? You would think it's either 0 or 1. Do they need to adjust the polling timings in the code?

#11215 3 years ago

Yeah I did this as well with some vinyl plastic - non adhesive, but sticks.

#11272 3 years ago

I think his point is if it is in the code, you can google how to change it.

but on that note, if you were THAT concerned, probably shouldn't own one...or..you need a force field. If your kids are smart enough to google how to turn it on, they are going to hear profanity whether you own a R&M pinball or not.

#11279 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

A few days ago, I mentioned my left ramp being installed in a less-than-optimal location (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/224#post-6156541).
Since I had the glass off, I decided to see if I could improve it (which I was fortunately able to do). I had to get slightly longer screws (7/8")...for some reason, my ramp was fastened with a 1/2" on the right side and 1/4" on the left side. I was able to scoot the ramp forward and to the right, which opens up the shot and comes closer to aligning/centering it with the Meeseeks insert/arrow.
Hoping this will open up the left ramp shot for me...definitely looks more natural. Need to play test to be sure.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

EDIT: I was thinking of the wrong thing. Let me post a pic of my Feb 2021 model.

#11281 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

EDIT: I was thinking of the wrong thing. Let me post a pic of my Feb 2021 model.

So..mine is further right, and slightly more forward, but it isn't as forward as your changed one, and maybe slightly less right. I do see the screw holes, and it looks like mine sit in the 'original' location, but they clearly are not as far back or left as yours were.

0301211033~2 (resized).jpg0301211033~2 (resized).jpg
#11284 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

He’s trolling in an owners thread.

He DOES make mods for the game, so I don't think he's trolling. He's been very active in this thread.

#11296 3 years ago

I'm curious what is going on with the ball launch.

on the 12/2020 code, I never touched the power, and it just worked.

when I installed the 1/2021 code it no longer could make it. It would seem to increase the power each time until it finally made it. I adjusted the setting from default to 13, and it works consistently. 12 is too low, and 14 sends it around the orbit.

Why would others be having issues getting it adjusted if it's powered by the config?

#11323 3 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

So is yours moved from the factory? Mine is a January model and is way to the left.

Yeah, I didn't touch mine.

#11335 3 years ago

In terms of the swearing...Spooky has went above and beyond in giving options for this single thing...I can't believe people are still asking for more...you knew what you were getting. Many more productive things they could be spending their time on.

#11344 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Sorry to hear you thought my query had no merit. It seems Spooky thought it did as in their wisdom they created a solution, see wulftown reply above.
Luckily some helpful people here were able to put my mind at ease, that when I do finally receive my Rick & Morty, I can have my 6 year old play it without the chance of him reciting all the colourful language to his grade 1 class mates.
And yep, I knew what I was getting

It wasn't that there was no merit. I thought you were asking for an additional thing that didn't already exist - but it wasn't aimed directly at you there's been multiple people asking for additional things related to the swearing the last week.

#11359 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Mmm...6v might be tough. 5v, 12v, 48v yes. 6v? Don't think so. Where did you get LED strips that are 6v?
You can get 12v and 5v off the small aux power supply to the side of the large power supply in the cabinet. COM/V2 are 12v. COM/V1 on the other side are 5v (COM=ground).[quoted image]

Many specs say 6v (I guess because they are rated up to 6v)...but 5v will work fine. I'm looking at adding something to my topper as well.

#11413 3 years ago

from left

Quoted from fnord:

The strength of the magnasave also depends on how charged your anti-grav is. When you only have a few red bars it doesn't do much. Get that up to 1/2 or higher and mine will fling the ball to the left flipper.

AHHH...This would explain some behavior. Sometimes it acts like nothing and others it will pull it right out of the lane. I was not aware of this aspect of it.

#11427 3 years ago

Why do I feel that anything done to resolve the sticking up, will affect the drops in the opposite manner? I didn't have sticks until I tried to resolve my drops. Now I don't really have drops, but have tons of sticks.

#11437 3 years ago

I just had mine open last night doing some tweaks and I didn't see any. I was actually staring at it, all I saw were ball streaks.

#11452 3 years ago

I'm running Jan code and it says disqualified.

#11459 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I just nailed some really tough shots in succession and was struck by the lack of combo recognition (via some kind of bonus or special callout).
Would love to see some combo support added to the code.

Been noticing this too? The only combo I've noticed is the launch orbit/garage. However, there are lots of rules I'm just now figuring out. I played for a week before I realized the meeseeks bonuses/divisors.

#11463 3 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Hello everybody,
I just got my R&M #531 Baby!!
Alright for the fun part. I just turned on the power and saw a message on the screen which says, (no signal)
I can hear a “super loud fan” and playfield is lit up white.
But other than that, the start button and launch button aren’t lighting up and the screen is black.
No power to the start button.
Thanks for any help on this one.

open the backbox and double check connections. Make sure the cable to the display is plugged in on both ends. I'd suggest like others have, go through and push in all connectors you can see in the backbox and if any are disconnected.

#11502 3 years ago

It's definitely not 'the machine'. Plenty of people have issues with knockdown and stuck flippers on R&M. I just had a knockdown tonight, but after the EoS adjustments, they are rare...but being a broken record, the stuck flippers are annoying AF as well and they happen often...mysteriously, they seem to do it in Scary Terry mode more than other times. This is the only machine I've owned or played that I've seen this issue on.

The better question would be what is different about your machine that makes it not have those issues.

#11519 3 years ago

SpookyCharlie

Can you post clear photos of how your EoS are adjusted? And is 6.5 the suggested level? I thought it was 6.9-7?j
Also, what specific power settings are you using?

If you are saying you don't have the issues with your config, it would be helpful for others to repeat the exact configs you are using.

Even if EoS tweeking is required, I think companies need to keep in mind not everyone buying machines these days are pinball wizards with 20+ years of experience with these who are comfortable getting under the PF and adjusting things, especially right after they open it. Clearly there is some combination of coding etc that is causing these issues - and I would ask why Multimorph came here in defense mode, if this 'isn't an issue' then what is the fix? If it is code, are they assisting in figuring out what is going on? From the consumer perspective, this is an annoying issue that they do not want to deal with, they don't care who is at fault.

#11535 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks for the advice. Look better? I don't notice a difference in flipper action, but if it results in slightly cooler coils and less wear on the switch, then it's a win.
[quoted image]

This is about how I have mine, but I haven't changed any other settings.

#11599 3 years ago

I haven't messed with any power settings, and still have issues. I will say---I do not seem to have heat/fade issues..but I rarely play a game more than an hour.

#11609 3 years ago

I was going to comment on that regarding the bushings. It has already been discussed and being addressed by Spooky at some point. The bushings are standard Williams(?) size and the actual pf is thinner, thus they stick through more. Some people have ground down the bushings, some are waiting for Spooky's solution. What was interesting about NBAFan 's comment was he claims it was having resistance because of it and that the flipper bat wasn't seated properly if I understood correctly? So I'm not even sure if what he's talking about is the same thing.

#11666 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Still on the last code of 2020.
My intertubes aren't robust enough for this type of Download. I gotta figure out a way of getting my hands on these.

Starbucks? Go find public internet. Probably take 20 minutes tops to download.

#11668 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I am planning on sending a couple USBs to a friend and having him download updates and send them back to me as needed, I guess...
But, without the ability to do it here I am probably not gonna update much if at all.
If it goes bad or fails - No game to play. That is not an outcome I am willing to entertain.

I would say at least get on the 1/2021 code. It fixes some big bugs. If updating is a problem, I would avoid the 3/2021 for now until it's had time to simmer.

#11682 3 years ago

Installed the new code and played for about 45 minutes. Looking good so far. Didn't get any stuck flippers at all, and only a couple drops off the pop bumper that caught themselves before they dropped more than maybe a couple mm.

NOTE: New code did not improve my playing. Fail.

#11685 3 years ago
Quoted from jguzik420:

Code ran smoothly, I delete and reformat my USB to FAT32 every time. And after downloading and dragging to the USB, once it's done, I right click and eject the USB safely that way. Haven't had a hiccup since my first go at it.
Update seems good, I had some flipper freak out, I'm not 100% sure where I was, I know I was in a dimension and started a multiball, and the flippers felt like they went into inverted mode on houdini. For a second or two, and they corrected themselves after hitting the buttons. Didn't effect game play, and I hit the left ramp twice off the left flipper. So power seems very good in both flippers
How does one ask or who would I ask for updates? I'm looking to get a little snake jazz in my life thanks Spooky!

I think there's a dimension that does screw with your flipper strength and/or direction.

#11689 3 years ago

Can anyone confirm a bug in the latest code where the game thinks you are in a dimension when you aren't? Rick just out of nowhere says 'we gotta get back' and then it goes through the dimension change lights/effects. I've had it happen a few times.

#11717 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

It doesn't sound like you're USING modern technology.. may I suggest upgrading to 20lb test string between your two cans?
Seriously, get a satellite provider. Not the best for online gaming but you should get decent throughput on a long download. Or do as others suggest and run a laptop to a McDonalds or Starbucks. Unfortunately, release first, update later is the norm for pinball now; people want the games NOW and don't want to wait through the whole development cycle.

To his point, I agree that the update/fix approach of...well..everything is annoying these days.

Quoted from guitarded:

Ain't getting any more modern out here in the sticks!
I was hoping the long soak overnight would be sufficient, but didn't really expect success. I am gonna run a USB up to town tonight and see if I can get someone to load it up for me.
If tht doesn't work I am just gonna live on the 12/20 code.

I'm sure someone here could send code to you thru snail mail, but I'd suggest waiting to see if there's any bugs in the latest. We know it won't be the last version, and I think eventually they will be adding more features.

#11786 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Those “folks” would be crazy. Newer code is nothing but improvements.
The changes in the flipper handling are extremely minor. There’s no ‘extra heat’ being generated. The duty cycle for the hold force and pulses for flipping the flipper haven’t changed. There was one minor tweak in how the flipper recovers from a knockdown, but that doesn’t constantly happen, so it’s not doing much more than it did before overall.

I'm not sure I would say there is no extra heat. This code while it works MUCH better than previous, my coils are pretty hot to the touch even with the fans running, which they never were before. Maybe I'm trapping more, hard to say for certain. I cannot say I've experienced anything that feels like flipper fade though. I'm at 7.0 on default powers and I have no issues making either ramp after an hour of play.

#11791 3 years ago

Man my flipper rubbers are ripping already. Is this wear due to the raised bats and the way the ball hits them? I wouldn't say I've played it any more than any of my other games.

#11799 3 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Just installed the new software to see what all the flipper talk is about but have a new issue.
Immediately after starting the first game (before launching the ball even) and every game after even after a reboot I'm getting meeseeks. I get one then the second and third and after the meeseeks mode is done it starts again and I'm getting this on every ball.
Any suggestions to resolve?

Check the meeseeks target/switch? Maybe it's stuck. May not be related to the code.

#11812 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

My update process goes through every time with no problems, but I always lose the settings and scores.
Does anyone have any idea why this is?
Here it is said that the settings and scores are normally preserved during the update.

Mine weren't affected. No idea why yours are. As Snaroff said, when I do it, I make sure the pkg file is the only file on the stick.

Curious, which port are you using? One of the blue ones?

#11818 3 years ago
Quoted from Wake2wood:So what do I do from here?
[quoted image]

Click download
Then direct download. It will save to your download folder - see the down arrow at the top right of your browser, you can get to it by clicking on that.

#11826 3 years ago

I would ask that everyone remember, including Spooky, to not take anything personally. Aside from a few troll posts from people who don't even own the game, most of the conversation here is pretty constructive. It is just people trying to get the most out of their game. "We" do not know what is being done behind the scenes in detail. I do not take what Snaroff is asking as condescending, many of us are technical - hell I troubleshoot complex systems for a living as well - we are short and to the point and like exact details to try to diagnose problems. We are blunt and seem condescending because of this.

While they may be getting negative 'help me' emails/contacts from others, the people in this thread are actively trying to make things right. I think I speak for everyone here that we all appreciate that Spooky are willing to have this back and forth as well as the customers who are actively troubleshooting/testing to assist in some way.

I know that sometimes the negativity can get overwhelming to the creators, especially if their data does not match what is being given back to them. Just remember those people are trying to help however they can, they aren't trying to dog you. Troubleshooting communication over a forum is time consuming. We appreciate your diligence.

#11889 3 years ago

the switch going down isn't the issue, the issue is the ball rolls beside it and/or gets hung up on it...or in some cases, ramps it entirely. Mine doesn't do it too often so I've not worried about it, but I've definitely noticed shots not registering here or there.

#11899 3 years ago

We suffer for our love. I think the outrage and frustration comes from the prices we pay. I don't complain at all about all my sub $1k machines. They also...don't break as often

#11917 3 years ago

Time for water cooling

#11924 3 years ago

Haha, there's a R&M reference in the new season of Paradise P.D. ....ftr, if you aren't familiar, it makes R&M seem like care bears so don't watch it with the kiddos.

P.S. this should be Spooky's next pin

#11988 3 years ago

Question: once portal is active, should it stay active? On the latest code I've been seeing it stop being active after a period of time (on same ball).

Today I experienced the magnet not coming on for multiple attempts. I will keep an eye on this and see if it is a gap issue, but it hadn't been an issue until today.

I have not had phantom flips.

#11992 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

As soon as you enter a dimension the portal gun power starts dropping. If you hit the spinner to charge it back to the top while still in the dimension, it'll stay fully charged for a while, allowing you to jump directly to a new dimension from the old one. However, if you screw around and don't hit the garage or recharge the gun with more spinner, it'll start losing power again. That's probably what you're seeing.
I've never had a charged gun lose power while not in a dimension.

Yeah, this is during the main dimension. Maybe there was a change to the setting that the power goes down over time any time? I'll keep an eye on it. I just don't know what the behavior is supposed to be. I don't recall seeing it happen in the past...but then, I also don't tend to keep the ball in play very long.

#12012 3 years ago

There is no f'ng way I would put that on this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
10,500 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

670 posts in this topic match your search for posts by zablon. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.