(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#717 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I think this game is easier to own than TWD due to the terrifying imagery on the cabinet, back glass, and pf. My wife whipped together a couple of stupid faces that I stuck on, and when the kids are up, the rest of it is covered with a big towel.
And just like I plan to do with R&M, I'll play it when they're out, or asleep.
Thankfully the art on R&M isn't nightmare inducing, so I can get away with just leaving it uncovered, and I'll just explain to my young ones that this is a "big daddy" game and they'll play it when they're older. I have to explain that for many other things in life, so pretty standard practice.[quoted image]

Why not just throw a towel on top of the game too? Would help with dust and sun fading also.

Your wife's faces are genuinely really good!

#1093 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Doesn't seem to be binding, seems just like it doesn't have enough hold power to block the ball. I know DE JP had some issue or some prevention for an issue with the raptor pit slamming the ball in to the flippers. Don't recall exactly what the situation was.
Just had the end of game match happen without audio, that was weird.
Hitting the loop twice is like winning the lotto.
kettchxxii I'll have your game paid for in a few more hours of this. Better come clean out the bill hopper. I'll head to IO bar in a bit and clean out the rest of my wallet.

Is it a power supply issue possibly?

#1111 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I suppose it *could* be a reflection... but if I had to put money on it I'd say it's tracking: all of the metal pieces in the photos seem to display traces of tracking / polishing to some degree, including with the telltale grain and dirt patterns. That spinner rail shows the heaviest pattern right where the ball would tend to strike it from the flipper, before gradually trailing away. Not a big deal as EVERY game has this. Even the rails I've polished for my own restores show tracks relatively soon. As I said, it's just evidence that the games are being played A TON but that playfield still looks perfect! Metal wearing out before clear/wood?! Who knew it was possible?

Dirt happens, and especially over a 1000 plays. No biggie either way.

#1167 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I drove from Ohare to Madison, not a bad drive. You can do it!

I was thinking the same thing!

Seems like he lives super close, and can even go to the party on Saturday. And he's always posting about be super excited about the game. Get driving..!

I'd drive 2-3 hours both ways to check one out in my area.

#1173 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I was hoping to practice locally if possible before going to the launch party on Saturday. Sheesh!
Also, I wouldn’t call 2 hours each way “super close.”
And, don’t be a buzz kill by questioning my excitement about the game. I’m driving to Spooky next week (just for a visit) even though I won’t get my machine until a year from now!
So remember...
[quoted image]
Totally kidding by the way.

No worries mate. Hilton was already really comforting about people just playing freely. Plus, wouldn't you rather have your first go at an event like that? Definitely something to remember!

I prefer some quiet reflection to absorb that experience, no candles though! Saw Wonka at MGC last year at the debut, and yeah....it's not ideal, but it was a one of a lifetime experience!

Now with the double bird action, I'm putting in a formal request for you and a photo at the event..!!!

And I didn't know you were 2 hours away. Akin to you not knowing how far I'm away from I/O. Even I don't know that, haha!

#1176 4 years ago

It’s all good… Appreciate upvote and the sense of humor!
Request noted!

For sure! I enjoy your enthusiasm on the thread. I just wanna see you back it up!

I always like to upvote. Why not? We all need encouragement, and if I disagree, I rarely downvote. Bad karma and such.

I'm excited to hear your excited impressions....TOMORROW!!!!

Damn, I'm jealous!

#1183 4 years ago

I approve of this post!

#1205 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Nope. Not a bit.
Because those same people have said that any issues they have encountered are super easy fixes and it has also been stated that the first batches were specifically going to routes and people who could help Spooky tweak.
We've already had what, 3 Vids from Spooky going over these for the current owners? I am more than confident that any issues (known and currently unknown) will be properly sussed out and fixed going forward.

Those people might be better players though.

I want to love how a game like JP2 plays, but I can't get those shots dialed in, and I've played a few dozen games on it.

So it's okay to have concerns, until you play the game yourself, and get a good number of plays under your belt.

Besides, Scott himself has said how he likes challenging shots, so it's not entirely unreal for people to maybe feel like this game might be more intimidating than player friendly.

I have one ordered, hope to play it soon, and hope for the best...but I also know the shots might not flow easily enough for me to buy, and that's okay too.

#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

If you go back and watch the DeadFlip Stream, you will see a few guys jammin' on it. JD, Hilton/Hamilton, Bug and one other guy all had pretty good balls that illustrate its ability to flow.
Hell, even Scott had a good ball or two and he sucks! (Primus fans will get that)
I really think it is hard to dial in shots in a 4 X setting. That's why I kept asking them (in stream) to throw a full game or two at a good player.

Oh I hope it's fun to shoot, for sure!

That said, Jack D is a great player, Bug and Hilton also seem quite good!

It's more crazy for me, to buy a game unplayed, than to worry about how a game shoots, having considered it purchased.

But I also feel I'm nuts to own and spend this much money on any game! I am....nuts!!!

Hope to play it soon, and I wish someone stepped up to stream, as the party sounds like a blast today!

#1213 4 years ago

I’ve only played 3 times... about to be 4 but it is awesome!!![quoted image]

Aw man, what a great shot of the three of you! And here I was expecting floppy ears in the shot!

Always great to place a face with a forum user.

Thanks so much for making the trip and sharing! Are you finding it easier to have a good game than you feared it might be?

Carry on, and enjoy yourself!

#1217 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

[quoted image]

Psssst. Ask that guy playing, what he thinks of the game so far..!

#1219 4 years ago

Looks like this event was a blast!!! So jealous!

Screenshot_20200229-173417_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200229-173417_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1270 4 years ago

Has anyone seen a location spot to play this in PA or Ohio yet? I know DC, and JackBar have a game currently, just can't find anything closer at this point...

#1273 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Nothing in SE PA yet.

Thanks for the info! Heading to Reading tomorrow, figured I'd check around.

#1383 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Got to play some Rick And Morty tonight on location was pretty excited to play it.[quoted image]

How'd you like the shots?

Was this....local?

#1399 4 years ago

Scratching my head here a bit. I've been following both threads since day one, and steam seems to be letting off, not building up, as games come out.

I haven't seen any unboxing photos either or streams....

#1403 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Too busy playing...but here is some of my pics.
Me and Morty...both beat up.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ooooh NOW we're talkin!!! Thanks for the photos!

#1412 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Well it's still mainly bars, etc getting them and I could care less to see the exact same stock machine coming out of the box in yet ANOTHER persons house. Just not worth the server space or diesel fuel frankly.
And since we've seen most of the current modes I don't feel any urgency for any more streams either... especially since most of the time you won't clearly hear the sounds,etc over people happily yammering. Most people were happy at what they saw and a lot of us have been able to play it so now it's just the waiting game.
I'm sure as more make into private homes you'll get to see the same box opened repeatedly

Quoted from Zablon:

I think it's mostly because they are trickling out and mostly going on routes at this point.

Yeah, kinda seems like most are going out to routes or maybe higher ups. Just hope the excitement and energy keeps up and up and up!

#1431 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Yes it was at Birdfish Brewery.

Ooh Baby! You just MADE my offday, and they're open today!

I was just in Reading last week, and thought about a late night JackBar run in Brooklyn!

Juuuuust a bit closer! Thanks again so much Alex!

#1454 4 years ago

Don’t forget to get a picture!
Have fun... you’re going to love it!

Definitely a lot of fun!

No matches set up here yet, and the foam is still on the ship.

Shots are all somewhat challenging, but fun when hit. Flippers are crisp and responsive. Lcd is really nice and the sound system, even when low, feels bass heavy and high quality!

Code is definitely early, yet still really fun and gives you enough options at this point for quarter pumping.

Met my expectations and superseded them for sure!

That said, if anyone is interested in an earlier spot...PM to swap for #384, lemme know if we can swap. I still owe a decent bit on a couple prior NIB games, and definitely could be okay with buying later.

20200309_181508 (resized).jpg20200309_181508 (resized).jpg
#1470 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How are the inner orbits on this on, are they getting dialed in?

Not so much, yet. All 9 shots seem a bit touch and go. I imagine the game can be dialed in via what Spooky and Hilton hsve suggested, but natively things are all a bit challenging.

Shots feel good when made, but no shots feel entirely a "given".

#1473 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

The one Scott mentioned being a given was the "Newb" target. Purposefully put in the sweet spot for that upper flipper. And I am assumng, purposefully underscored.

I think really the most accessible shots are the scoop and the horseshoe. Those are all somewhat 50/50. I felt the other shots, shooting and aiming wise, felt like 30/100 shots, as in not guaranteed when aiming for.

#1479 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wait? Are you saying you can only hit the scoop and horseshoe 50% of the time?
If so, sorry to tell you that the game is not your problem.

Oh, I definitely suck, but the adjustments that you made hadn't been initiated.

I also had a ball get stuck on the scoop.

20200309_162058 (resized).jpg20200309_162058 (resized).jpg20200309_160458 (resized).jpg20200309_160458 (resized).jpg
#1492 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wait? Are you saying you can only hit the scoop and horseshoe 50% of the time?
If so, sorry to tell you that the game is not your problem.

There were definitely instances of rattling shots. Definitely with the scoop, and you mentioned possible fixes.

The spinner, again needing adjusted, would either clear resoundingly or hit the spinner and deflect back and trickle downwards.

But at the player level I'm at, yeah...maybe I'd aim for those shots, and him them half of the time. After that, the game was dictating how or if the shot went through.

Ultimately, whether I suck, the game sucks, etc. It doesn't matter. A game needs balance, and this game definitely has a few routine makeable shots, but easily half of the others seem pretty challenging. I always feel a game needs to be approachable for a player of any level, and a person unfamiliar with pinball would definitely be rejected pretty frequently.

Case in point, my first of about ten games, I scored 1.8 million. Felt pretty decent. Then I floundered for several games, and then my last game was 2.8 million.

I know when I played Wonka my first ten games, I wasn't nearly as consistent as I am now with those massive ramp entrances. My reflexes definitely became honed. But....with a game like JP2....I still can't dial in routine shots much at all.

#1498 4 years ago

Had a thought.

Biggest gripe for me, of legitimately few, is the shooter lane and skillshot could have easily been significantly neater.

Why on earth is this designed to PLOP on the playfield?

Just having it shoot straight, no incline, and soft plunge to where it does drop, or longer plunge to the left flipper, would have been better than what exists.

Ideally.....with the incline, and the fact that each shot is coming via the portal gun, there could have been three varied sizes of holes with portal graphics leading into a subway to shoot for just ahead of the end of the existing shooter lane wireform. Each one in turn would offer a different starting bonus or points, and then with that fantastic second trough, possibly could have shot out immediately into the left flipper lane, or maybe elsewhere depending on the portal.

This shooter lane aspect seems lackluster in design, in an otherwise really fast and frenetic higher skill level game.

#1507 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure I follow your suggestion. By design the ball correctly drops at the top of the flipper lane to load the upper right flipper for the skill shot (or super skill shot). If it just went light speed around the upper loop it would just end up back at the same flipper or most times out the right drain lane. I personally liked the challenge they created. By no means is this your typical Easy skill shot. IF you get it you Earned it! lol If by skill (ok luck) you Double loop the skill shot you get some Amazing points. I personally don't see an issue with the setup on this but thats just an opinion.

I was trying to give an option for the existing one, which I feel is anticlimactic at best, and somewhat kinetic energy robbing also.

For me, having actual shots to shoot for, i.e. portal holes, and then have the ball shoot out elsewhere, would thematically be more cohesive and just more fun than a hard plop then shoot onto the playfield.

POTC is my current personal favorite for three fairly dramatic different types of skillshots. Though admittedly I'm more versed in that game than many.

#1509 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Oktoberfest has a bunch of sweet skill shots. My current fave.

What are they?

I know the Houdini one's are very lackluster.....

#1535 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They’ve already said there’s a ton of voice recorded, but not implemented yet. Dimensions could be part of that.

Something like only 1/3 implemented so far!

#1546 4 years ago

Haven't seen the info on weight anywhere....

250-300 pounds?

#1584 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Im not saying its better or worse than those games. Those are the average ratings pinside gives for all users. I didnt rate dominos and only flipped one for probably 30 mins because it all i could stand. Havent played the others.

Yeesh. What a buncha mularkey. You don't need to justify your review, other than maybe flesh it out with some text.

Guys...leave the dude alone. Don't witch hunt a dude because of a rating. It's not fair, it's not fun, and it's gang mentality.

It's a rating for a game. Period. And overtime, with enough reviews, things will balance out, and ultimately people will make their OWN decisions on how they feel about a game. Case in point, I don't agree with the top five, yet other people seem to. So be it. I can still play "lesser" games, and feel value in them.

#1586 4 years ago

Besides, who is looking at that ratings system and equating a game ranked with 21 reviews in a month or so of time with games that have had years of time to review and over 1400 reviews written?

In a few years after a game's release, I'd say the overall spots mean more.

#1652 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Long shot....
I'm in at #231. If for whatever reason someone's circumstances with a lower slot have changed and want to trade down to 231 to have more time, I'm ready and willing to trade up.
PM me if you're interested.
EDIT: trading down to my 231 spot from a lower number slot (~100-230)

Phrasing it as trading down is confusing.

I think you're trying to say you have spot 231 and would like a spot under that, i.e. sooner, and if someone wants your spot, that has sub 231, let you know.

#1670 4 years ago

Considering selling my spot, a year out, PM if interested.

2 weeks later
#2020 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

See attached. Morty looks a little too hard core BUT I do like the overall look.
[quoted image]

This and his MM design have pretty big composition issues. The art is fun and has energy, but man the visuals are barfed out in a gratuitous way where my eye has no direction within the frame. It's like a visual splatter.

1 week later
#2229 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

To the owner? No.
To Spooky to fine tune to spec of criticism? Lots.
What about the folks who already took delivery as well? Is Spooky going to pay for shipping back to factory and then back to customer after paying their employees?
Check my history. I'm new but you can find that I often disagree with Whysnow via historical posts not out of dislike but rather disagreement.
In this instance I am going with an onsite operator who says he has adjusted once every 700 games and I am fine with that.
Now excuse me while I pull the glass and eject my playfield to attempt to get to the optical sensor to realign my bat phone.

Sending out wireforms to customers with possible existing issues, wouldn't be a massive hit, all the while altering a wireform for the remainder during production.

I never understood why the ball just plops down as it currently does. Having a loop at the end would surely take some impact away, and create stability for the wireform.

1 week later
#2465 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Completely agree. Not sure I ever seen game play vids from him in the past but he really offers a good tutorial while showing some rather skillful play. Learned a lot about the rules that last session. Do hope Karl will continue as code updates progress.

Not to derail, but Karl's work on Pirates is astounding too.

I can't wait till these Rick and Morty vids hit YouTube!

#2469 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

If you have a device like an android box or a smart tv, just go to twitch app and watch them.
I watched this after the fact on my big assed tv on my Nvidia Shield. great streams

For me, it's more when I'm at work with downtime. The Twitch app kinda blows to scroll through via finger, YouTube is significantly easier. I really wish they'd update the app with a more functional GUI.

I wanted to watch them at home, and fucked around with other dumb stuff, rather than fucking around with the right stuff, haha!

Thanks for the suggestion, and long live the Shield!

2 weeks later
#2656 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Besides that, to go WAY above and beyond what anyone would do, myself included, instead of telling them to go pound sand, Spooky took the game back! Over a screw! Tell me that isn't customer service. They definitely cut loose a customer that wasn't going to be happy with anything ever. I wonder if he's been banned from buying Spooky games? For their sake, one can only hope.

As the owner of a company, is mocking the guy really taking the high road, though? If it's a shitty customer, it's a shitty customer. Humiliating them seems far worse, than someone having an irrational complaint.

Either deal with it tactfully, or refuse to deal with it, and deny their absurd request. Publicly shaming someone, over and over again, feels pretty classless to me.

Anytime I see this subject bandied about as a joke, it has me feeling Spooky isn't entirely as professional as I'd hope they could be.

#2658 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think this is somewhat of an over reaction. How are they humiliating and shaming them? They never disclosed the person’s name or anything along those lines, and besides that person went into a specialized public forum to air his grief over something exceedingly simple...
I’m glad Spooky has a sense of humor and is building in inside jokes for people who have followed the company for years. No problem with it at all.

I'd say him going on about it, again and again, is quite frankly an over reaction. Customer was an asshat. Try not to compete with them. Rise above and such.

Doesn't seem funny at all to me. I wouldn't want to be that customer, as irrational as they were, they deserve that situation to just lie where it is, not be a banner to be mocked onward and onward.

I only know a bit about the situation, but as an outsider, it doesn't strike confidence in me. Strikes more immaturity and a lack of empathy.

#2661 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Trust me, the problem here is your sense of humor.

Quoted from Whysnow:

you are not paying attention and take this all way too seriously.
It was Fing hilarious and still is!
The person threw a shit fit about the most insane thing ever. Spooky made nothing big about it at all and took the game back and gave them a full refund.
The COMMUNITY then made fun of the the asshat by repeatedly posting 'unboxing pics" of just the lock tab. Spooky then fed into the lore that is pinball and continued with the fun. I would say anyone that is trying to make a big deal about this is likely in need of a sticker also.

Apologies for having a differing opinion.

Doesn't matter to me if you agree with me, matters more that you maybe respect an individual for expressing an opinion that's different than your own, which is somewhat the point of a public forum.

People have different views, and that's a good thing. Mine or yours is neither wrong nor right.

Carry on.

#2664 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Why do people preface stuff with “I own a company”?
Without knowing what company someone owns and how they run it, that statement means nothing. There are pleanty of companies out there that are run like crap and they are all owned by someone.
That said, I own a company.
I would tell you that 90%+ of you problems come from 10% or less of your customers. They also eat up more of your time, in turn not allowing you to service other costumers or do other business.
In short, if you can cut out the bullshit and problem customers you will run a more affective and successful business.
There are time to be polite and courteous, and there are also time when I have told a client never to contact me again and I don’t want their money.
Life is too short.

I did not preface my opinion with stating I owned a company. I do not. A question versus a statement.

You may own a company, but given the multitude of spelling errors, I'm guessing/hoping it isn't Dragon Naturally Speaking.

The irony of a statement like "Why do people preface stuff with I own a company..." followed a paragraph later with "I own a company, and....." is not lost on me. That, was funny!

See....I DO have a sense of humor. Agree or disagree here, you guys, are fucking funny!!!

#2705 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I wanted to ask something like this too, I asked about TNA before I got it and got hammered by one person who got his feeling hurt apparently it's not ok to ask questions (according to this guy)? I just wanted to get some feedback, in the end I got TNA and love it.
My main question about R&M had to do with how the shots (Kenada) said were not great geometry or they didn't feel satisfying etc.. and whenever I watched streams the game didn't pass the eye test as far as flow but the rest of the game looks great.
I think maybe this will relate to TWD in my experience in that it has some difficult (unusual) shots and is quite brutal but once I got to play it, that is part of the charm that it's not a 100% makeable shooter like SM.
also I watched this video and the game seems to play very well, I know this guy is a great player (so is Jack Danger) but the game really looks to shoot well better than any other gameplay footage I have seen (hopefully it'll be able to get it to play like this).

Karl is amazing! I remember getting psyched for this stream, then saw him have some really rough games for the first 25 minutes or so. I didn't watch past that. He seemed flustered at times, which isn't the norm for him.

I'd really like to get more time on the game.

#2708 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

On topic side bar: Karl sent a picture of an over 100 million game (48 megaseeds at the time) to show that, due to a late font change, the 9 digit score didn’t fit properly in the box on the screen. Which has now been fixed back up. Thanks Karl!

Haha, troubleshooter Karl!

That dude is a beast, and it's always a pleasure seeing him get a handle on, and then inevitably dominate a game. Wicked player!

#2711 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

On topic side bar: Karl sent a picture of an over 100 million game (48 megaseeds at the time) to show that, due to a late font change, the 9 digit score didn’t fit properly in the box on the screen. Which has now been fixed back up. Thanks Karl!

Eric, is that the highest score you've seen so far?

#2718 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Highest legitimate score, yes. And Karl got that on the current release code too. Some scoring stuff has changed in current work that makes certain things score better, so scores will go up on average.

Most excellent!

#2724 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Well to clarify I paid my machine off fully in advance over 4 months ago and I still stick by my trepidation and attempt to be thoughtful and patient.

What number are you? I don't understand why you paid in full.

#2727 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

#34. I always pay off my machines ahead of time. I find it eliminates any option to change my mine regardless of economy or timing.
Anyway, just super excited to know I'm weeks away or less from playing

Oh shit! You should be just around the corner then!

Did you get a butter cab?

#2730 3 years ago

Ah, hence the delay for a bit. I'd guess you're right there when they start back up!

1 week later
#2932 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We are humans. We pay attention we learn and we make adjustments if there is an issue

Haven't seen you on the thread in awhile Luke, good to see you! How've you been holding up man?

1 week later
#3135 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Nice catch with the ladle. I don't remember seeing one prior to that episode in Season 4. They must have had access to some Season 4 assets because of the space snake on the backglass

From what I recall reading, the art was created by an inhouse artist. So all of it was coming directly from Adult Swim.

#3147 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Correct, but that art was given to spooky way before season 4.
So I was curious if anyone else was wondering why they featured Rick with a ladle of green stuff.

Yup, and I was stating that Adult Swim most of all, would have been aware of the upcoming season, and it's jokes and gags.

1 month later
#4740 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't ask for much, and this game is giving me more than I ever expected. And more and more with each amazing update.
But could we possibly get an alternate match sequence so there are two? The one isn't bad, but two would be better. Maybe have Morty say something this time.

Agree with this for sure! Part of the problem with a great license, is not running some dialog into the ground via repetition. I only played on location once, but from that and the streams, "one screw turn.." wears a bit after awhile.

#4778 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Sure, because the assets just draw themselves.

That's just the curse of asset heavy usage for games, especially for home ownership.

On some levels it's immediately immersive and accessible, but on others it's repetitive, and either ear wormish or grating, depending on the asset and user.

Always a tough balance to master.

#4842 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

As dickish as posts like that are, I don't see them holding Eric or Spooky back. Clearly the whole team has a serious passion for pinball and this project specifically. They ain't stoppin' any time soon.

Seemed more like the post was generated from excitement, not hassling Eric or anyone else at Spooky.

I think everyone knows work is constant and ever present. Eric is in this thread basically daily responding to feedback and giving updates.

2 weeks later
#5213 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Had to research this one. Stern has STh and TMNT2 plus at least 2 more titles. AP has Hot Wheels. CGC should be able to claim MMr SE and RE’s, but will have Cactus Canyon remake. JJP will have GNR2. DP will have RAZA.

Stern often seems to win due to userbase numbers alone....

#5329 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

If you have been paying attention, and you have, you know the Australia Container went out during this month.

Additionally, it was mentioned (again)

Yeah, definitely feels passive aggressive to me! You were spot on..!

I check in most days to this thread recently, just to see if zaphX has gotten his game. Him and a few others contributed a massive amount to POTC trouble fixing, and he does quality streams as well. So I'm happy to see him excited to see when he gets his game.

Dunno if Spooky direct is a better way of getting a shipping window, but at this point, that's what I'd try.

#5333 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Where did you read this? Why not just have patience.

Crazy idea, paying in full and wanting to have some vague notion of when shipment might occur for a multi-thousand dollar delivery.

People need to plan for delivery. People still take vacations. People still work. People still etc.

For me, if I paid in full, and didn't know THAT day, when payment was accepted, I'd want answers too.

#5336 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Then ask Spooky, people here won’t know the exact shipment date. I’m guessing it’s be contingent on many variables outside of forum members’ purview... e.g. supplies, assembly resourcing, etc.

Definitely. And foreign sales seem to be a huge factor as well.

2 weeks later
#5583 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
/more than there are now
//less than the Hobbit, I'd wager.

Uh.....is that a pun to be funny or just provide a bit of distance from the question? He took the time to frame his question politely, and as an informed customer.

It's not a weird idea, or a bad one, for a customer to want a less than vague idea of what the final product will look like or represent.

Only in pinball, (I hope) can you purchase a product in full, and still not really understand entirely what you're buying. Transparency with customers seems an issue across all pinball companies. These aren't exactly Cold War secrets, people just want to make INFORMED decisions when making large, gratuitous purchases.

#5750 3 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

Possible easter egg use in the game? Is this a reference to partnership with spooky?
[quoted image]

I think the cheese balls inclusion is entirely a Christopher from Kingpin kind of a thing, from what I recall reading in the thread.

#5782 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Ok, you fools got me to finaly join in!
# 183 checking in.
Paid in early august, no nothing yet.
Not complaining.
It's just I'm getting the shakes.
I'm in Socal, btw.

Dr. Gonzo, as your attorney...I advise you to take 2 grams of morphine, 20 hits from a Turkish bong, 5 cups of extra strong coffee, and one meatball hoagie extra meatballs to recover from said shakes immediately.

Waitasec, I think that's YOUR line!

#5837 3 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

Going to join the side track, They live would be cool. Especially if they could get the playfield to change with lighting somehow to sunglasses on mode. OBEY, CONSUME.

Really great idea, but too bad Stern did a pretty decent job implementing that on ST. Not that they did a good job marketing it though...

4 weeks later
#6640 3 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Not everyone is buying this pin to kick it down the road 2 weeks later This got a laugh out of me, and he can always take off the topical Axl/Thanos reference if he does decide to sell it down the line. If you want to see something much, much dumber, go swing by the Trump/RCT thread.

I'm guessing he at least gave it a good go. Probably would have made his life easier selling his spot prior to having it shipped to him, moved in, unpacked, setup, got a buyer, wrapped up, sent out, etc.

Definitely easier to just sell that spot, sans hassle, if the intention was to kick it down the road.

#6815 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

To quote "Chopper":
"It either Works, or it uses Bluetooth ... but it can't be fu@king both!"

Was just watching the great Bana flick the other day!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.