(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,220 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Hulkbuster
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider titanpenguin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Aww jeez, I can't officially post in this thread for at least a year

Put it in your blog

FF6FD12C-A8B7-4AEB-9287-08F6A574CB41 (resized).jpegFF6FD12C-A8B7-4AEB-9287-08F6A574CB41 (resized).jpeg
#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Dear diary...
Day 132. Still waiting...I sometimes wish I was from dimension C-448 where they have pinball on every street corner that come pre-equipped with beers and bottle openers and all the games are on free play...

And no wrong answers!

ABA68A0A-C5E7-42A5-8583-366FCFA84438 (resized).jpegABA68A0A-C5E7-42A5-8583-366FCFA84438 (resized).jpeg
#80 4 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Clearing a space for R&m
Lock is lit.....and so am iiiiiiiiiiiii...buurrrppp[quoted image]

Lambs to the cosmic slaughter!

#169 4 years ago

or helping the vindicators escape drunk ricks tests. we already have noob noob so it would be a perfect final shot once morty figures out its not him.
tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I think its awesome that modes will be added as code develops etc.
It gives you something to always look forward to and keeps the game fresh.

agreed! It will be awesome if they do an update after each season.

#454 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I am really hoping for a
'I'm Dr. Who in this Bitch!'
callout to sneak up on me, someday.

Then come to 312 olive st!

#551 4 years ago

glad to see some of these making it into the wild!

#652 4 years ago
Quoted from SlightlySnaked:

If she calls you a Jerry, ask her "are you gonna keep hating this playa or are you gonna jack my steez?"

“Stop shifting the crosshairs to my ironic urban patois just because your relationship with your father is toe-up from the flow-up.”

1 week later
#1163 4 years ago

The butter cabs are definitely awesome.

1 week later
#1360 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Nice! How did you get a spot so recently?

Don’t tell estrada, he will get pissed.

#1372 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

2 or 3 weeks ago they still had #94 available. I missed that by a day. Trying to move up the list has become a challenging game in itself. Can't wait.

it amazes me that those complaining they missed out the most never bothered to call around. I think its great that those who persevered and kept calling found what they were looking for!

#1530 4 years ago

why the hell has no one asked for an inter-dimensional cable box yet!!!???

#1587 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

and look whom is first to the down rating
all in hopes to hurt it so he can eventually find one for cheaper
Pathetic and no surprise that this same guy serial stalks and downvotes me.[quoted image]

And here I thought I was special since he does the same to me.

#1589 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Need me to toss you a downvote to balance the world?

LMAO, sure. As long as I am the only one.

#1592 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Ordinarily, I wouldn't single someone out for their rating behavior and don't mean to pile on gang fashion. This case provides some insight into the many and various ways in which the Pinside rating system is flawed. For one, it illustrates how ratings can be perceived as being or actually weaponized in a foolish attempt to sway opinion and/or value. Of course, there are other gaping shortcomings in the pinside rating/ranking system. The fact that nobody rates with the same weights is problematic. It is also problematic when someone with fairly binary opinions engages with the system. Or when someone makes s*** up just to be a trolling ass. Or when someone rates something overly high to sway public opinion/price or out of an initial flush of temporary enthusiasm. Or when someone rates a game after playing it on location or at someone's house only 10-20 times. Or when users post ratings without explaining their thinking for context. It's a system that was designed, implemented and soldiers on in a broken state.
For these reasons and more, I never take Pinside ratings too seriously. I generally think the top 100 as an overall mix (irrespective of actual order) is pretty solid, though there are some games in the 100-150 range and even an occasional title over 200 that I would personally put in the top 100, though towards the end (80s-90s).
I do think it's interesting to see R&M sitting at an initial spot of #2. I wonder how often a difficult pin (not particularly friendly to beginners or lesser skilled pinheads) with unpolished, incomplete initial code has done this? I've always thought that MM sitting at #1 reflects a popular majority desire for a game with a big fun toy, funny callouts and a risk/reward difficulty level that is forgiving of sloppy play. Personally, I find MM kinda boring since both castle shots are SUPER easy to exploit indefinitely. Just get your timing down for those (especially from the left flipper) and you can play a single game for a really long time. I tend to like games that are fast, tough motherf*****s. Besides the theme, that's ultimately what drew me into R&M. I gambled on it being a fun challenge. So far, that bet seems to have paid well.

For better or for worse, it’s what we have. Even if changes are made, someone will always find ways to game the system.

#1595 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nah, he put it up pretty much immediately after seeing the game popped as #2 on the list.
You can see my screen shot showing "1 hour" in the upper left.

Not sure why you’re surprised or even let it bother you. He has been crying non stop since 12/16. Multiple people have explained to him multiple times the situation. He is just pissed he is in the 500’s. He thought being a previous customer guaranteed him an early game. It’s not like he didn’t get one, he just didn’t get his way. I think that’s what irks me about the complaining. He knew enough to have to join the fang club which means he knew the deal.

#1678 4 years ago
Quoted from Propsnsports:

I am selling my spot if anyone is interested. I am layed off and i am number 219. Send me a pm or text if interested 4695698895
Dana

Sorry to hear that. I fear many of us will be in the same boat soon.

#1804 4 years ago

About time his antics got called out. The constant complaining gets old. For someone that doesn’t even have the game, you would think he has unfettered access. All opinions, and not a shred of decency to admit he’s never played it.

#1838 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Nice, docQ
That bulb that is just about touching the back of the guide there...
I'd replace that one with one of the Comet Quick Link style bulbs.
It'd add a spot to connet additional lights (if you want it in the future) and keep it from making contact when the rail flexes.
I would be worried about stressing that lamp, socket and connection in that current position.

I thought these were just lenses and the actual LED is a on board below?

#1847 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I think they use these RGB leds scott designed for pinball life
https://www.pinballlife.com/p3-roc-single-rgb-gi-pcb-assembly.html

Exactly. Thanks!

6 months later
#5951 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

I’m working on something so mind-blowingly(tm) Innovative(tm) that I absolutely can’t wait to show you. In fact, I would usually have each of you sign an NDA, but this is so innovative that I can’t even formulate what I’m doing into words.
[quoted image]

Interested to see where this goes

1 year later
#17291 2 years ago

Anyone know if spooky was out of office yesterday? They were helping me work on an update issue Thursday and I have not got a reply back since then. Assuming it was a great st patty’s day!

#17293 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

They never work fridays. It’s a monday-Thursday 10 hour days deal.

Gotcha. Thanks!

#17297 2 years ago

Anyone have any pointers for updating while I wait till Monday? I’m on the older Odroid H2 board

4 weeks later
#17432 2 years ago

What we really need are terry folds!

1 month later
#17675 1 year ago

Ok. I just heard A lionman call out in my game. I literally LOL’ed

Also, big thanks to spooky support for fixing my R&M pc. Even a discontinued and no longer available pc didn’t stop them!

2 weeks later
#17754 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If they'd be willing to make a plain black cabinet for lower price I'd be in. Most people don't have them spread out all over, they have them packed together to fit more in.

No one does that. What are you talking about?

#17761 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Clearly you don't know what I'm talking about, since 2 posts above points to exactly what I'm talking about... (someone snuck a post in the same time I did).
EDIT: Or maybe it went over my head

Sailed clean over.

#17762 1 year ago

I literally have just enough room between the heads to allow gentle nudging without contact.

1 week later
#17798 1 year ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Breaking him into pinball slowly. [quoted image]

That’s one patient bird to help the human adapt
to pinball.

1 month later
#18095 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I did add some references to season 5 stuff.
I’m totally going to add “Reset game” though. But then I’ll be tempted to make it like a really tiny chance that it actually hits and you get screwed.

That would be hilarious. Just add a disable feature though.

#18098 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You could do it Eternal Darkness style…ie a fake game reset. Have the machine act like it totally power down and drains the ball, only to have it say just kidding and gives you another ball.
Eternal Darkness was a game cube game, for those that don’t get the reference. It stunned people with the fake ring of death as a “sanity effect”. It had lots of them to like delete all saved files (heck, we could have one for R&M that is said to delete all high scores. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_Darkness

That game was trippy.

#18189 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It wouldn’t be random - you’d pick which dimension to play, then all players would do the same one. And it being short is part of the point - quick games for score/fun.

Its what keeps me playing one more game. Y’all hit the sweet spot with it that’s for sure. IM was my go to for fast rewarding games prior to R&M.

#18244 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I think I bricked my game trying to update code. Did the standard usb stick upgrade. When I power cycled (thumb drive removed), I got a message that said update required. So I powered down and inserted game code thumbtack back in to try the update again. That time it just gave me the audits backed up message. Checked the thumb drive. Installation pkg file was no longer there but audit log files were. Reformatted drive, copied pkg back and tried updating but on power up, I still get audits backed up message. If I try powering up with thumb drive out I get black screen with a blinking cursor top left.
Is there an install image I can roll back to? What have others had to do when they've bricked their games?

Had this happen to me when I tried updating in April. Ended up bricking the computer. I’m going to hold off on the update till we figure out what happened to yours.

2 weeks later
#18433 1 year ago

Edit: just needed to read back to the top of the page.

1 week later
#18564 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't recall exactly when, but yes, it was indeed mentioned by Spooky either after the announcement or after they sold out that the intent was to add newer seasons as they came out. This isn't something that was imagined, or even promised, but it was said. However licenses suck and it is what it is. At least we got what we got, which is more than many licenses.

We got more, just not everything.

#18566 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

And we are greatful.

100%

1 month later
#18812 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

R&M is nothing short of phenomenal. I think in another year or two it will basically completely dry up on the used market. Spooky needs to do a sequel game…make Rick & Morty their Elvira / Black Knight style trilogy.
How is the new season of the show? I’m behind the entire season.

It’s got potential. It’s quite a bit different from previous seasons. So far my favorite is the Roy episode with the diehard crossover.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider titanpenguin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=titanpenguin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.