(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,228 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by jonesjb
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

Temporary lock, this is the official club thread and will be unlocked as soon as game one ships. Thanks.

1 month later
#4 4 years ago

The first production game has been delivered. Club thread now opened. Abide by club thread rules, keep drama in the hype thread and out of this thread. Stay upbeat and positive. Thanks.

#745 4 years ago

Friendly reminder from the moderation team:

This is the club thread. The hype thread is the place to bring discussion about your pre-delivery complaints and concerns. It’s right this way and is ready for people to post in it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky

Club threads are not for back and forth negativity about pre-delivery issues. Do not self police club threads, report people who violate the spirit of the club thread and we will deal with them. Don’t feed people who are trolling, just report them and we will deal with them (it may not be instant, but we monitor club threads closely).

For the avoidance of doubt, this thread absolutely is the ice cream and rainbows thread for this game. The hype thread is not ice cream and rainbows and is the place to go and complain if you are so inclined. Thank you.

3 weeks later
#1609 4 years ago

Just a friendly reminder this is a club thread. Take disagreements to PM when possible.

Try not to get to caught up in the top 100 rankings or other users ratings. R&M started so high that it’s going to attract down votes from people protecting the ratings of other games (many of which will not have even played R&M before rating it)...this happens a lot sadly.

I’d love to see a ranking system overhaul of some kind personally. One that has users compare games they know head to head only. Two come up and they click the one they like more or they click a box saying they aren’t familiar with one of the two titles...and that’s it. An algorithm would then generate rankings. That system would be far harder to manipulate.

I’m super excited to be getting my R&M soon(ish). I’m number 115 and I can’t think of a game I’ve looked this much forward to in many years. I’ve only watched a few minutes of video, I want everything to be new to me when I open up that box.

#1662 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I’m number #79 I was told to send full payment before 3-20-20 haven’t got a actual date yet but I assuming within 1-2 weeks from now

That’s awesome! They are rocking along and getting close to 115.

#1665 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Aww geez, aw man... I was already looking at a long wait and now this!

Alas, I missed that post. Yea, there are likely a good number of needed parts that will be unavailable for a while.

1 week later
#1889 4 years ago

Just checking in. Do we know how long the line is anticipated to be down with the suppliers shut down and the move to the new factory assembly location?

I see the creators of R&M have new show being released soon, Solar Opposites. It looks great. I hope Spooky is able to reserve the license if it takes off and is a big hit show. Great time for the release with everyone stuck at home.

#1897 4 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

I've made these suggestions and others directly to Spooky, and I'm hopeful they'll implement them in future builds.

Wow! Thanks for taking the time and sharing this. Yes, one flip side of the factory being temporarily down is they can do some refinements for the future builds. This type of feedback is great to see.

#1930 4 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

that games are still in production during the lock down, maybe up to #120

Oh man, this would be awesome! #115 here.

1 week later
#2063 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Bug announces fang club member videos soon to members only and video walkthrough of the shop before shutdown.

Oh, that’ll be nice. I think many people want to see the new shop. I sure hope they are able to get back to assembly soon with minimal disruption from their parts suppliers.

#2071 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Just chatted with Charlie and Bug in Twitch, he said the wire form changes have been implemented. Screws out for flex and other things. Excited for this game...

Great news! Always nice when you see a company listening to feedback and making adjustments. Do we know what the last number they produced before the shutdown was?

#2154 4 years ago

Gentlemen:

When you see someone trolling this thread, just report them, don't take the bait by responding to them and creating feedback that they thrive off of.

Don't feed trolls (resized).jpgDon't feed trolls (resized).jpg

#2231 4 years ago

I‘m looking forward to when the game is done and you do one of your videos on it!

Absolutely, we need a Bowen R&M video soon. For that matter, during these shelter at home times I wish he would redo some of his older videos for games that have had code updates as well. Tron, Star Trek, Game of Thrones, Iron Man could all use new videos from him with the more modern HD cameras on the new rules.

So, what are people doing for cards for R&M? I think Spooky should sell some high gloss professional looking ones...would look way better than what I generate on my color printer. Maybe even some type of molded cards.

#2244 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Saw more dimensions today. Floptop...upper flipper is controlled by left flipper button. Fleep...any button controls all flippers (wife said they felt weaker too), and I think it was called Stars....strobing lights. She ended with over 15 million.

Do we know how many dimensions they plan to have in total? I listened to one podcast and Scott said there would be a TNA dimension. I’ve still be avoiding the streams, best I can.

#2245 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

This is what I am doing for a pingulp.

I’ve ordered two, one for each side. For those that don’t know, trilogybeer does absolutely phenomenal work. I’ve bought around two dozen hand painted pingulps from him over the years and they are always a huge hit with guests.

1 week later
#2560 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Haha true, I can’t say I didn’t get a bit lucky. Anyone know what number they halted production at for shutdown?

The last confirmed number I’ve heard was 65, but I know some earlier games that were butter were not made yet. I think the pause has been good, it’s allowed for more minor tweaking at the factory.

1 week later
#2657 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Humiliating them seems far worse, than someone having an irrational complaint.
Either deal with it tactfully, or refuse to deal with it, and deny their absurd request. Publicly shaming someone, over and over again, feels pretty classless to me.

I think this is somewhat of an over reaction. How are they humiliating and shaming them? They never disclosed the person’s name or anything along those lines, and besides that person went into a specialized public forum to air his grief over something exceedingly simple...

I’m glad Spooky has a sense of humor and is building in inside jokes for people who have followed the company for years. No problem with it at all.

1 week later
#2828 3 years ago

This is the club thread gang, be nice to your fellow club members. If they ask a question you are tired of answering just ignore them. If you decide want to respond and address their question in some manner please remember it takes just as much effort to simply answer them as it does to give them a hard time.

To quote one of my three year old’s favorite movies: “We’re not made of jello. We get behind a fellow.” - Bee Movie

#2925 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I didn’t know that, where did you hear it wasn’t an option anymore?

I didn’t even know that was an option to begin with. Spooky offers that option? Pretty awesome!

1 week later
#3192 3 years ago

#115 price sheet arrived today. Yay!!!!

Question, I see Spooky is no longer doing the mirror blades. I assume there are after market mirror blades available for this game somewhere? Just making sure there are off the shelf options designed for this configuration. Thanks!

#3203 3 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

I think it is less about voice talent and more about licensing. This has the one of the best licensing deals in a WHILE!!!!

Possibly ever. What competes with it? Sopranos maybe, Stern got everything for that game.

Anyone doing mirror blades? If so, where are you buying them?

1 week later
#3524 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Family Guy. Seth MacFarlane did tons of custom callouts for 5 different characters, plus Stern was able to use all voices clips for almost all characters from the show. They even used Norm MacDonald's Death voice even though they weren't supposed to lol

Good point, FGY had pretty incredible assets as well. Tron did as well come to think of it.

Has anyone here watched Solar Opposites? I see its on Hulu, which my family does not have. Is it in the same universe as R&M?

My R&M pingulp arrived from trilogybeer last week. Getting close to getting the game.

#3613 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I feel like it’s not insane to assume the resale value of an RaM will easily rise to Lebowski / Alien territory... $13k-$15k possibly more as the theme has a massive following and the game looks INCREDIBLE.

The reason both Alien and TBL are so high is the production run on both games came to a premature end and the demand was not met for either of them. Spooky is a well run company and the entire run of R&M will be made and 750 machines is a healthy number in this market.

I’m not saying it’s impossible for R&M to appreciate once we are deep into the run, but the entire pinball collector’s market would need to grow to the point where 750 machines was not a large number. It would also help if the R&M show itself could start coming out with new seasons every year.

#3669 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

R&M is an insanely fun game, and if I need to replace the sleeves since they're not the best, then it is what it is. Once you get this game into your house, you forget about the small stuff.
We don't need another coin door situation. That was petty as allgetout.

Yep, the fact that the stickers and sleeves are the biggest issue with this game currently is a true testament to the dedication of Spooky and their commitment to quality. The internet can be a tough place filled with negativity, Spooky just doesn’t generate drama. They provide no troll food.

1 week later
#3980 3 years ago

When the game actually ships do they send you a tracking number? Number 115 here and just want to make sure it’s not going to materialize while I’m out of town or something.

2 weeks later
#4391 3 years ago

Unboxing and setting up No. 115 now with the help of Megatron.

59E40B19-0F25-4BD5-9816-0D44F4CDB3E5 (resized).jpeg59E40B19-0F25-4BD5-9816-0D44F4CDB3E5 (resized).jpeg

9F152838-8557-4656-A6FF-46582EDA374C (resized).jpeg9F152838-8557-4656-A6FF-46582EDA374C (resized).jpeg
#4398 3 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

I’m calling animal welfare

Quoted from Waldo:

Why is that dog pink?

Rick keeps bringing me Megatrons from different dimensions. (It’s pet temp hair chalk by the way, for anyone wondering).

11362D3C-812A-467D-A13B-FE7F759855B7 (resized).jpeg11362D3C-812A-467D-A13B-FE7F759855B7 (resized).jpeg2CFC7B87-6C38-4DB9-987C-79FFF939305E (resized).jpeg2CFC7B87-6C38-4DB9-987C-79FFF939305E (resized).jpeg3AA7E8D7-0FF7-4081-BDF4-C338A270C0EB (resized).jpeg3AA7E8D7-0FF7-4081-BDF4-C338A270C0EB (resized).jpeg5126E348-D9B7-4023-AC6F-6EC30790E633 (resized).jpeg5126E348-D9B7-4023-AC6F-6EC30790E633 (resized).jpeg9B78BFD7-47FD-4F92-A3F8-5AD32A9DE192 (resized).jpeg9B78BFD7-47FD-4F92-A3F8-5AD32A9DE192 (resized).jpegC5F4D67B-13E6-44EB-B421-668B100B621B (resized).jpegC5F4D67B-13E6-44EB-B421-668B100B621B (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#4753 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

No other game has multiple match sequences

Check out Star Trek. There are some games that have a few different match sequences, it’s not a big deal though, R&M currently has the best match sequence I can think of (Black Knight SOR also has a really good one).

As far as the start sequence to the mb, most people will just skip it after they’ve seen it a half dozen times. Every modern game is like that, doesn’t matter if there were three or four of them, you’d still be skipping them eventually to get to the action quicker.

#4847 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Found. Fixed. Packing a new build for the beta testers RIGHT NOW.

I just want to pipe in and say you’ve done nothing short of a superb job with this pin and your diligence and attention to detail and theme integration has been incredible. Thank you.

Quoted from MikeS:

Agree 100% there isn't another team or programmer I would trust more with this theme! It's in great hands and the game is getting more fun by the update.

This times 2. Spooky has been knocking it out of the park.

#4959 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Why wait on DVDs? Season 4 is already available to buy on amazon prime.

I think the DVD release was necessary before the video assets from season 4 would be made available for Spooky to use in the game.

2 months later
#6409 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I'm no programmer, or anything. Just a thought though, could this be some programming unclosed loop or mismatch... a leftover or whatever, maybe leading to wierd gremlins at next powerup?
Sometimes even the smallest wierd things could be useful, I would guess. Could mean nothing, but at least we know.
Could it be happening with every game with that code, and only a few people notice? ... is it processing a voice file? .... is it just man in the moon speaker noise?

Maybe it’s intentional...like Rick is trying to tell you something and you have to turn the machine back on and play another game to find out.

So, how have things been coming along with the game and code and what not? Due to weather conditions we’ve not been able to play ours at all for over six weeks now.

#6415 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Its kinda surprising that Spooky is still turning out this title with so many little problems ! Thought Spooky would have a handle on this by now! Don't look badly on this post, just not the "tech guy" that most of you seem to be! Don't want to get my pin unboxed to find out its got bugs I can't identify, and can't play!!

What are these tech problems you are identifying? Where to load the ball? A light or two not working? I’m not seeing a litany of problems being identified by people. Just normal pinball things.

2 weeks later
#7038 3 years ago
Quoted from Ramrod215:

Wonder if they are planning on dropping a couple adventures with the new season release.
The coder is amazing and working his tail off so you know great things are on the horizon.

How close are they saying the code is to complete? I’ve not been following the thread as closely as I should be and having been able to play much pinball recently due to a move and the hurricanes. My new game room is almost complete though.

2 weeks later
#7617 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I keep waiting for a wizard mode to be created so I can finally set the punch card at 0 and play it for "real".

What happens when you complete the punch card currently?

Today I am uploading the current code and getting the game dialed in some more. Due to the two hurricanes that hit my city and a move I’ve not put nearly enough time on the machine, that changes starting today.

1 week later
#8042 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Wow.... those went quick. Currently, I am out of the blue crystal mod. I have enough parts to make one last batch of 10. It will probably take me a week to build them. If anyone is interested in getting on the list, please send me a PM. Thanks for all the support!

What was this mod? I missed the post and don’t see it now.

#8043 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Every time I click on this thread I'm hoping for a code update with new adventures...

Have they said there would be additionally adventures at some juncture? Do we know the target total they are looking to have? Thanks!

#8206 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeroenos:

Okay, I have never played the game and I have number 610. I own an acnc and if I compare it which one is more difficult? I have to make the decision to keep my place and the 25 percent price increase hurts. is she worth it ????

This is a very subjective question. If I were you I’d request to be sent to the end of the line, and wait for the punitive tax to go away. It won’t be in place forever, surely.

1 month later
#9515 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Okay, after about 15 hours of play my ship hinge broke. Took it out (what a pain) and used a scavenged leaf spring from an old TZ standup target and created a proper flexible hinge. Ship motion works properly now. Will have to figure out something to cover the screws to clean up the visual look

Yep, mine broke as well. Do you have a bit more detail on how you fixed yours? Thanks.

#9522 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

https://twipys.com/2020-twipys-ballot/
R&M seems like the logical fit for many of these categories.
Just sayin... let’s get Scott, Eric, and team spooky the recognition they deserve for this awesome game!

Yes, everyone please remember to vote and keep Spooky in mind as R&M deserves a good deal of consideration.

By the way, is there anywhere to download Scott’s music from R&M? We can’t find it online like TNA is. Thanks.

#9525 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Man...I haven't played a single game on those lists....

Yea, with no shows in 2020 I had pretty limited exposure to new stuff as well. Voting off of streams is odd, but is what it is. I sure hope Rick & Morty wins some things.

#9615 3 years ago

Did some mirror blades for R&M ever come out? If so, where? Do they hurt the light show due to the directional lights? Thanks!

2 weeks later
#10046 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Starting a list so I can make a larger batch:

Add me as well please good sir. Thanks.

#10216 3 years ago

Pinsiders:

This is a club thread. This is not a thread to further any crusade. Club threads are happy upbeat places. In the case of this particular club thread, it is a great place to interact with the manufacturer, the game designer, and the game coder...all of whom are here voluntarily.

If you want to complain about something over and over relating to R&M go to the hype thread and do it there. It has over 10,000 posts. I’m going to eject anyone else who wants to turn this club thread into their personal outhouse. There will be no more warnings and no chances.

If you see someone trolling this thread or using the thread as their personal outhouse, do an abuse report or just send me a PM. Thanks.

2 months later
#12097 3 years ago

Where exactly in the settings is the vulgarity adjustment? Thanks!

#12103 3 years ago

Congrats to R&M and the Spooky team on a good showing at the TWIPYs yesterday.

#12126 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I am getting a pretty consistent dose of random multiballs on the new code. Usually when I have one ball locked...

When was there a code drop? Any new modes?

1 week later
#12326 3 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Cool. Does Spooky normally sign the back of the back box?

I would have gotten that done in a heart beat. Does it require a butter cab?

#12340 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Anonymous commentator: In the case of Rick and Morty, and as far as future code updates are concerned that may include new episode content, I* would be willing to consider paying a DLC fee to keep programming new adventures for Rick and Morty a profitable endeavor for Spooky. *"I" may or may not refer to Pinsider Rum-Z as this is a purely theoretical discussion at the present time.

I would have zero issue paying for further code in Rick and Morty. Would happily do that to keep new adventures coming. Would even pay a subscription service for it. The more adventure modes the better.

#12365 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I'll go to the grave arguing for randomized dimensions during normal game play. Maybe the randomization is taken away for tourney rules, where the adventured & dimensions are in order to have less chaos for tourneys. But for my home, I want to never know whats coming, that's the fun part

Agreed. I’d like to see more dimensions, maybe they could make it a setting adjustment.

Does anyone know if they will use any footage from the upcoming season in a mode or something?

#12378 3 years ago

That's the point though. The song is the main attraction and sound effects are turned off.

Hands down. Let the songs stay the focus point. If anything give people an option to change it in their settings but don’t interfere with the magic for those of us that love the sounds being the focal point.

Do we know if any of the new season stuff can ever appear in the game? I’m all for paying for additional content once they finish with whatever they planned to do. People could pay $100 per mode, if half of the owners paid for it to support spooky that would be $37,500 in revenue for spooky. Given what people pay for toppers (that we got free) that seems completely reasonable.

#12633 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Dear Spooky pinball.
Bad time to end the podcast.
Would love an offical update from Charlie.
New Factory?
New Ben Heck bourd system?
Last 50 R&M bieng built.
CGC partnered game?
What Scott D is up to?
What's the real story?
Cheers.

I’m sure they will be on several podcasts immediately following their next game being announced, which will be soon. They’ve done a fabulous job protecting the theme of the release, this is good as it helps them build excitement for the release. People want to know the game is on the line, it adds to the FOMO and drives sales. Stern always says you have 90 days from announcement to sell your games, then the buyers move along to the next new shiny thing.

At the same time, I’ve got money and a slot right now for one more game. I’m assuming Stern is going to announce either Godzilla, Fast and Furious, or Mandalorian next and any of those are a threat to be an instant buy from me, taking both my available money and the valuable line up slot.

We’ve had a bit of a dead period with no major game announcement yet in 2021. The first new game announced is going to hog the air waives and be the Bella of the ball. That said, it may be wise to let Stern announce first and then go in right behind it, taking the wind out of their sails rather than Vice versa.

Edit: I thought I posted this in the spooky game speculation thread, it was accidentally posted in this thread.

1 week later
#13088 2 years ago

Did anyone ever design mirror blades for this game? Those would really be the perfect ad on for this game.

How are people adjusting the third flipper to make the inner loop a bit easier to hit? Neither loop is easy but that inner loop seems to be getting more and more challenging and I think the positioning of my flipper may be the reason.

#13118 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

There’s never prior word before new modes/dimensions code drop. But we’re all hoping it happens. Agree regarding the wizard mode. Love Potion is essentially another mode, so something more epic, possibly involving dimensions would be fitting. An amazing game which deserves it.

The wizard mode desperately needs to be slut dragon. I’d love an adventure mode or two that was a multiball.

Spooky has really dedicated a tremendous amount of time to this game’s code. epthegeek should win a twipy for this game when he is completed with the code.

#13140 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Then fill the card around with all green ... and you get to go to 9x Boob World!

Really? Any special animations for that or is it just a dimension? That’s hysterical.

#13160 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Message from Spooky!

What’s the summary for those of us that can’t watch it at the moment?

1 week later
#13619 2 years ago

Just discovered this gem.

Wow! How do you get to that mode? New code?

2 months later
#15569 2 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Honest question.
Did Erik quit?
Wouldn’t blame him if he did.

Quoted from Manic:

Yeah three or four loudmouths ganged up on him and finally managed to piss him off. Sadly a typical forum occurrence.
Let's *hope* he is still working on R&M but...

Any time you all see someone like Erik getting bullied, report it…I’ll kick the offenders out of the thread. Erik is too valuable to lose to a few self entitled jerks. This is a club thread after all.

#15573 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Just didn't want to lose the guy! He's turned this game into something beyond special (to us fans anyway).

He really did. Erik has was it takes to be the next Lyman in this hobby if he wants to be. What he did for R&M - making it one of the best coded games in pinball - was truly phenomenal.

I’m hoping we get a slut dragon wizard mode still, but even if we do not this games code is incredible.

2 months later
#16295 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

but RM still takes it for me. Look forward to picking one up

Grab one quickly. Now that they are out of production they will start becoming less and less available over the coming months. The very end of the production is the highest level of availability as many NIB buyers move to the next new and shiny thing.

I think Spooky has several new modes in the bag, but are running into licensing review issues. We may or may not see them.

Yea, I thought they had plans for a wizard mode of some kind. R&M is one of the best coded games of all time already. I hope Ultraman gets close to it.

#16336 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Eric was working on code. I would hope by now he's working on a new project, and with maybe a surprise here or there in the next year.

Based on R&M alone, I personally put Eric as the number two coder on the planet right now behind only Lyman. I will buy games based on him doing the coding, just like with Lyman. I wish Spooky used him for Ultraman and Halloween.

#16343 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Personally, I think it needs a few extra modes, potentially another multiball and extra wizard or mini wizard mode to cement its spot as a truly great pin.

It has a ton of modes already, but it could use a true wizard mode or an extra mini wizard mode. It would be cool if it had another regular mode that was a multiball, maybe two of them.

I put money into a hat for the coder to get more code. Count me in if there is go fund me of some kind. I think some people who don’t even own the game would contribute for various reasons as well.

5 months later
#17380 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Happy New Year, or whatever.
Build 2022.01.02:
- Added: New optional setting to disable backbox LED during gameplay (Because; glare)
- Added: More unused call-outs worked in for various things (not tons, don't get too excited)
- Added: New setting for playfield digit display brightness
- Fixed: Race condition that could cause a crash with the Scary Terry roving shots
- Fixed: GMB locks that "timed out" weren't removed from "locks qualified" and would cause weirdness.
- Fixed: Blood Dome music wouldn't end if final scoop shot was made.
- Fixed: New reset logic to avoid 'stuck' dimension sound effects
- Fixed: Closed a loophole that could cause a crash in Rick Potion No. 9
- Fixed: Logic issues made the flipper + antigrav setting not work as expected in all cases
- Changed: "Extra ball" indicators next to the digit display changed do darker orange.
https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/

Awesome! Thanks for the update to the already superbly coded game!

We don’t want slut dragons, we need slut dragons

Yea, a slut dragon wizard mode would really cap off this superb masterpiece of a game. I think the game finished though?

#17392 2 years ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

it really is amazing. Generally, Im against a 1k uptick but in this case: Spooky's butter cab is 1,000% recommended.

I’ve had four Spooky games now, never did get the butter…but I am thinking about it for my next Spooky (whenever that may be).

Anyone know if R&M is done code wise or are they going to do a wizard mode?

#17406 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Still happy with it, but could have pulled off a bigger score if I did better at Rick Potion 9.

I got so excited when I finally qualified for Rick Potion 9 that I excidently selected Blood Dome…the one and only time I made it that far…

#17437 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Spooky, we need the snakes. Give us the fucking snakes

Spooky, we need the slut dragons. Give us the slut dragons!

*baiting to see if we get the dream wizard mode*

#17444 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This didn’t happen because of all the voices involved

That makes total sense, shame since that would have been such an awesome mode. Licensing is such a restriction these days.

Quoted from epthegeek:

As for “is it done? Is it not done?” - I don’t have any more info than you guys do. Nobody’s told me it’s a solid wrap, but I also haven’t heard that it isn’t.

Great to know! If Spooky ever decides to pass a hat around I am 100% in as a contributor for that project.

#17455 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

If this is an issue of cost, then I am serious when I say let us know how much it costs to pay for the license usage. Pinball collectors tend to skew towards the more affluent end of the spectrum and I’m betting all us R&M owners could be easily persuaded to donate to the cause.
I am legit asking Spooky - give us a dollar amount to make more modes happen.

100%. Give us a number for a wizard mode that covers licensing costs and Eric’s time and I’ll pitch in a healthy contribution. I’m totally in.

#17458 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Here is my brief idea to take it over the top!
1. Start game at adventure 0.
2. After 5 adventures, mini-wizard - potion 9.
3. Card filled after 10 - new wizard mode.
4. One more new adventure.

If there is a new adventure, I think the new adventure should be a multiball adventure. There are none of those currently. Perhaps make it a relatively rare occurrence (maybe 10% chance of starting it after the second adventure).

#17464 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Ordered 3 MRS for the Uturn and the Right orbit. Also waiting on the cooling fans to help my progress, nice shots don't cut it after a big session

What are the MRS? Yes, I need to order cooling fans also for this game.

#17473 2 years ago

Any downside to making the change to the MRS? Ball magnetization or something?

#17490 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

The original switches did slow the ball down, now with nothing to slow it down the ball flies maybe 10-15% faster.

This is pretty darn appealing…I must say. How long did it take for you to install all the switches? I’m wondering if it is a two hour project or what…not sure if I would consider doing the shooter lane as you did, but the others for that extra speed might be a lot of fun.

#17492 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

You can see the finished product in my post below. Be sure to align them as such or the magnets may interfere with the stock antigravity magnet.

I was thinking about that. I may avoid those two altogether on that side.

#17502 2 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

How meaningful are those prices anyway?
Judging from their site, they decided they know enough to give out these rewards. But dont
necessarily represent the opinion of the community.
Sounds like a fancy best dad mug.

GnR was the 2020 game of the year…no need to knock it in the R&M club thread. Though GnR didn’t clean up the 2020 awards the same way Godzilla did for 2021, GnR was a heck of an achievement for JJP and has a lot of great things going for it and well deserved the accolades it received in 2020 on release.

Personally, I think R&M is the better home environment game and my GnR would certainly leave before my R&M leaves, but guests do prefer to play GnR than R&M. It draws them in. Heck, my GnR drew one of my non-pinheads in so deep he bought his first machine. R&M is enjoyed by my pinhead friends - as it is a fabulous game - but it is simply too hard to be attractive to new players.

#17524 2 years ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Interactivity: world under glass applies to RAM. Spooky's use of IP here is top level and much like another amazing pin TNA the lights, sounds and vibrations are insane. One of the best light shows in pin prior to GNR (and right up there with the criminally underrated Ghostbuster light show).
IP: Its hard to argue with how engaging the use of IP is in RAM. It literally feels like Rick and Morty stand over your shoulder. Adds to the 'drawn in' aspect of the machine.

Spooky has nailed the theme integration with R&M, TNA, and ACNC…those three games have absolutely elite world’s under glass and those three successive releases are the core reason Spooky is so respected today.

I deeply hope that Spooky does more games in the future with both Scott and Eric. Those two guys are simply flat out amazing talents.

2 weeks later
#17631 1 year ago

Where is the best place to order mirror blades from that will fit this title? Any recommendations? If not mirror blades, any high end art blades? I wish pingraphix did this title…but they do not appear to. Any recommendations would be great but really looking for mirror blades.

#17641 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I've always wanted to see what the black mirror blades would look like on RM.

I went ahead and ordered normal Stern mirror blades, we will see if they fit. Black would have been better. Who sells those now?

Does anyone know if Stern sized mirror blades will fit a Spooky game?

2 weeks later
#17716 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Just installed the Pinball Mods topper lighting kit. Love it!

Have not seen that. It looks like it projects the topper like the UM topper does? Where did you get the mod?

1 week later
#17738 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I feel like Spooky is totally focused on HW/UM code (which was barely alpha at release and still has a ways to go imo) and has no time or resources to return to R&M even if they wanted to.

They are using a different for those games. Spooky could do one final update for R&M with a true wizard mode if they wanted to without distracting from HW/UM. Maybe they will one day, would be awesome.

#17752 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

From my perspective, R&M already has a wizard mode. Every game I've owned has defined "wizard mode" differently. TRON, one of my favorite games happens to have a lousy wizard mode..."Portal Multiball" is just a generic multi ball. LOTR has several wizard modes...the ultimate WZ "Valinor" I've never reached.

I get it. R&M just has so much fabulous code in it, with superb modes…having one hard to obtain wizard mode would be spectacular. Really, having one mode that was a multiball would also be awesome.

I get though, Spooky has moved on and is focused on what is on the line. Can’t blame them and R&M is awesome as it sits.

3 weeks later
#17835 1 year ago

This person is not buying the banner I posted here for sale.
So this Rick and Morty banner is still available.
The picture of the Godzilla banner is just so everyone can see the size difference.

That banner is awesome!!! Wow! I hadn’t seen anyone custom make a banner before.

2 weeks later
#17882 1 year ago

For those wondering if Stern sized mirror blades will fit in Rick & Morty, the answer is yes they absolutely fit. The screws all line up, everything fits perfectly. Just tested that this weekend, I ended up not actually installing them as I ran out of time. But will post pictures when I do.

2 weeks later
#17964 1 year ago

A multiball adventure would be really awesome and I think everyone wants a wizard mode beyond Love Potion. But if the game is done it’s done, it is a superbly coded game as is and easily one of my favorite all time games.

I would also contribute money via a kickstarter for more content. Vat of Acid would be awesome.

#18023 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

So would these new dimension ideas not still need to pass inspection? And if that’s so, why stop at dimensions and not slide in an adventure or three if approvals are still needed?

From their earlier posts it seems like they exhausted all assets they had. Erik said some months back they couldn’t do slut Wizard as the voices were outside of their license. I think they mined every ounce of video they were given access to.

Any additional content is greatly appreciated. R&M is my favorite Spooky game and will never leave my collection. If spooky did a kickstarter to buy some more content to use and pay for more of Erik’s time, I’d be all in. One adventure with a multiball and a wizard mode would be amazing, I’m happy to pay for it…I’m sure there are 100 other owners that would likewise chip in.

#18025 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Plenty of other pins have sound-a-likes.

Yea, but that does require licensure approval. Some of the sound a likes in other games I’m surprised got approved by the license holders, I don’t think the Shrek IP holders would approve the Eddy Murphy sound alike today that Stern used in 2008. Licensure is complicated, we are lucky we got what we got in R&M…though I’d absolutely love to have more (particularly a Wizard mode), who wouldn’t.

#18041 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

The machine I’m getting has MRS switches in the Orbits only. Do you recommend more in different areas or should I just see how it works for the first few months?

They say it speeds up the game if you put them in the inlanes as well since it reduces so much friction. I need to do the inlanes still on mine.

#18050 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Sorry I meant inlanes. No I would not recommend them on inlanes because they are unnecessary.

What do you think about the argument that if they are in the inlanes they return the ball to the flipper faster?

#18051 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

So, is this all just fun chatter or are we getting a code update?
Just want to manage expectations.

He was very clear that he was making absolutely no promises. Expectations should be at zero.

I remember when Scott kept being asked if they would run more than the 750 R&M’s, he said no but that he would be happy to do a sequel R&M or something along those lines. How awesome would it be if Spooky engaged the same team that did this R&M to do a second one in a few years (probably needs to be five years apart)? Pinheads would go bananas trying to get one.

#18065 1 year ago
Quoted from ziz:

Would it be possible for the TNA dimension to play a random track from TNA instead of just the one? That would be a fun (possibly) easy way to get more music variation in the game.

That would be incredible to get more TNA music in R&M. The more music in a game the better, though R&M and TNA have hands down the best sound packages in pinball.

#18097 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

But then I’ll be tempted to make it like a really tiny chance that it actually hits and you get screwed.

You could do it Eternal Darkness style…ie a fake game reset. Have the machine act like it totally power down and drains the ball, only to have it say just kidding and gives you another ball.

Eternal Darkness was a game cube game, for those that don’t get the reference. It stunned people with the fake ring of death as a “sanity effect”. It had lots of them to like delete all saved files (heck, we could have one for R&M that is said to delete all high scores. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_Darkness

#18104 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Loved Eternal Darkness, there were so many meta hallucinations that broke the fourth wall. It was very creative.

It really is a shame that game didn’t launch a franchise. It had all the components needed, had the game been on either the PS or XBox it would have been a huge success.

There are a lot of ideas from that game for fourth wall breaks that could mined for pinball…the simulated power loss being but one.

#18186 1 year ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

750 owners, $100 each, that's $75k is that enough to commission you for dlc?

Just a guess on my end but that is probably not enough to license seasons released after the game.

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I don't even own this game but I still appreciate Eric's continued work on it

He is hands down my favorite living coder in pinball. I hope he does some more pinball projects soon.

#18206 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The swamp one has been around for ages. It’s one of my favorite… IMO it works because it’s such a contrast to the pandemonium of the rest of the game. The more diverse and distinct the dimensions can be the better.

Hands down. Love the swamp one. The different sounds and different atmosphere is incredible.

#18207 1 year ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

Any feedback on how the Stern mirror blades worked out?

They do fit, though I’ve not yet installed them (been dealing with a newborn this past month). I plan to have a pinball weekend next weekend and will install them and send pics…but they fit, they line up perfectly.

#18237 1 year ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

I'd like to verify whether Sterns will work because I'm going to make a large Tilt Graphics order and I'm trying to decide if I should add them.

I’ll have mine installed a week from tomorrow and will post pics.

#18263 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

For those without FB. Excited to see Eric officially back to work on more Spooky games!

Easily the best pinball news in awhile. Maybe my dreams of a R&M sequel are actually possible!

#18278 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Finally made it to the full card adventure selector, started with an empty card. I was way excited, relishing in the moment and slowly flipping past each adventure, reminiscing about the great times me and Rick had, hell I could now choose to go *anywhere* again! Soo much responsibility, and oh yah there is supposed to be a special adventure I think! Hmm lemme look....and then BOOM timer ran out wtf lol! I didnt even see that timer. And so it thrust me into whatever adventure I happened to be selected on. Then my 3rd ball drained, game over. Why oh why is there only 30 seconds of celebration!? Bastards! Lol

Yep, the only time I made it there, I selected freaking Blood Dome…by accident. Ha!

#18293 1 year ago

Photos with the Stern mirror blades installed. They fit perfect. FE17573F-E469-40FF-BA71-C285DF164695 (resized).jpegFE17573F-E469-40FF-BA71-C285DF164695 (resized).jpegD08A7920-DF32-4041-9D83-8827AE3957F3 (resized).jpegD08A7920-DF32-4041-9D83-8827AE3957F3 (resized).jpeg92B3E7D3-F760-453F-BF36-36E71B52B78A (resized).jpeg92B3E7D3-F760-453F-BF36-36E71B52B78A (resized).jpeg7C06AD07-A1EB-4067-84B7-55F94B94B15B (resized).jpeg7C06AD07-A1EB-4067-84B7-55F94B94B15B (resized).jpeg3B92D6A7-0904-4C37-BFB9-BC533F1AB03D (resized).jpeg3B92D6A7-0904-4C37-BFB9-BC533F1AB03D (resized).jpeg189422A8-FC50-4141-AA85-8C70E1248E52 (resized).jpeg189422A8-FC50-4141-AA85-8C70E1248E52 (resized).jpeg

#18302 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

Wow man your pictures killed me
That's exactly what I thought BBB and R&M are UFOs
it's wonderful to put them together

Thank you! Yea, we love the BBB/R&M combo. We have our Quicksilver set up right across from them, they are our space corner and all three fit together so well.

#18311 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I feel like Big Bang Bar is a place Rick might take Morty when he turns 21.

Ha! For sure. That was effectively my thought with that pairing!

#18338 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Just so I can save this for future consideration, are these the mirror blades that you used?
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/stern-mirror-blades

Yes, that’s them.

#18348 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

He only has a couple left. It is solid polished stainless steel.

They have one less now.

1 week later
#18455 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

If there is a better call out in pinball than "haha, drained, like a bitch!" I have yet to hear it. Also, Scott Danesi, everything works so well with your music.
This game always makes me smile.

R&M has all my favorite call outs and, big yep, Scott’s music is nothing short of incredible. I’m so happy Spooky is bringing Eric back for more games, I really hope they bring Scott back also and pair the two of them together again.

Rick & Morty 2…Scott, Eric…make it happen Spooky!!!

1 week later
#18510 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr-Worf:

I sent a question to spooky via her website a few days ago. Unfortunately, I have not yet received an answer. I asked if there would be more Rick and Morty produced in the future? Bood Sucker is finished with 750 pieces, that's clear to me, but maybe standard or a dimension edition ? Maybe I'll get an answer to my question here
Best Regards

They were incredibly clear, 750 and absolutely no more ever of any kind.

What they need to do is a sequel game. Make 1,500 of Rick & Morty 2 with a new lay out based on the newer seasons. Get Eric and Scott on it. A sequel will print money and the mad dash to get one of the 1,500 would be wild.

#18518 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’d love to see Spooky prioritizing adding more adventures from Seasons 4 and 5 before focusing on a Rick and Morty 2 pin - especially if there are any license concerns.

Sure, but that is never going to happen due to licensing costs. A Rick & Morty 2, on the other hand, is very viable and Scott said previously he would be enthusiastic to work on such a project one day.

#18562 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

If a Rick & Morty 2 is made, you can take my money now.

Hands down. I would be going butter this time too. My one regret on my R&M purchase was not getting the butter cabinet. I’ll get butter on R&M 2 for sure when it’s made.

Make the sequel happen Spooky! Make R&M your Elvira or Black Knight and let’s start working on part two of the trilogy now while you can still get Scott.

Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Though what doesn't is—as I recall—that being the part of the pitch when the game was revealed and sold (close relationship with creator and licensor will allow the addition of adventures from future seasons). Or am I misremembering / dreaming that?

You are misremembering. They licensed what they licensed. They never had, for example, the voices for the actors involved in Slut Dragon…it was never part of their license when they secured the license, they never said it was, they never said they’d get it later. They did not have an open ended license that included not yet developed and released content, nor did they ever say they had such a license…

There was no “pitch” to the contrary of the above, the game sold out instantly before any “pitch” of any kind was needed to even be made for any reason whatsoever…there was no road show where “pitches” were being made to get sales…they simply didn’t need to do this.

#18568 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't recall exactly when, but yes, it was indeed mentioned by Spooky either after the announcement or after they sold out that the intent was to add newer seasons as they came out. This isn't something that was imagined, or even promised, but it was said.

Okay, whatever…find it and post it. I have no idea why they would go on some road show to sell an already sold out game to make such a “promise” but whatever…my offended over everything and victim card pitch fork and torch is ready for your post/quest...

Everyone should focus on R&M 2 and be more realistic. It is coming one day, be involved in demanding it and framing it.

#18588 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I didn't think I was misremembering.

I personally just dont think podcast from Scott after the game was already sold out is a pitch to sell games. The pitch was the promotional materials released by Spooky. I think people are really stretching to find things to complain about. Just my two cents.

#18597 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Certainly another company could buy a new license for R&M2 but everyone knows #2 has to be a Spooky with Scott D on design and Eric (and hopefully Bowen too) on rules. Anything less would just be a bad sequel.

Stern doing R&M2 would be a major let down and a step backwards in many ways. I personally don’t want to see R&M2 not have full RGB lighting, a $9 speaker system, and PG rated call outs.

As others have said, when the sequel game is eventually made (my guess is we see it in 2025), it needs the same core development team to be a true sequel game, at least Scott and Eric to be sure.

#18610 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

But the work that they did to modernize the DMD display was absolutely epic.
I have absolutely no doubt that they would do an incredible job on a LCD display, and because they seem so detail-oriented, I imagined that this would also show in their graphics game.

Though everything you are saying about CGC is true and they are a solid company with great QC, it just wouldn’t be a real sequel game if it came from a different manufacturer. Spooky needs to do whatever it takes to secure the license for the sequel and get access to as much content from the recent seasons as they did for the first game.

Spooky should strike while the iron is hot and get the sequel into the development/production cycle.

4 weeks later
#18792 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

For anyone following this thread with hopes of owning this masterpiece! Looking for a GZ or local cash deal. Thanks!

Gosh, keep your R&M…Stern has and will continue to pump out so many Godzilla’s it is easily going to be the most common pin in existence by the end of its historic run. There will never be more than 750 R&M’s…ever. I’m sure a few of that number have already had mishaps of various kinds (fire, flood, etc).

#18811 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Unlike many pins, it has unique art on both sides. The colors and clear on the butter cabinet are just vibrant (photos don't do it justice). The sound rocks...unlike many pins, doesn't need a Pinwoofer upgrade. The back glass is real, not a translite. I could go on and on, but felt compelled to gush a bit after re-organizing my games and seeing your post. Oh yeah, it's also a great game and really, really funny (something that's hard to find in today's pins).

R&M is nothing short of phenomenal. I think in another year or two it will basically completely dry up on the used market. Spooky needs to do a sequel game…make Rick & Morty their Elvira / Black Knight style trilogy.

How is the new season of the show? I’m behind the entire season.

#18820 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Remake next year?

Zero. Spooky has been crystal clear, no remakes on R&M ever. Only the 750, they have confirmed this dozens of times.

Our only hope is a true sequel game made by the exact same team with a new layout, new art package, rules, etc. Make it happen Spooky!

#18823 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

There is a question I really want to ask, and know the answer to (which hasn't been made clear)... But I'm really hesitant to ask here at risk of upsetting some, and I'm not sure if we'd really get an answer. So I won't ask.

PM Spooky, Eric, or Scott and ask if there is something eating you up. Not every question needs to be put up on a public message board. Particularly if you think it will upset people or be controversial…just do it the old fashion way, privately ask your question.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,699 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.