(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_casual.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1974 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

sadly no if about it, estimates of global recession of 15-20% - banking crisis was 3.5%!

They are fundamentally different, the banking crisis (I'm assuming you're talking about 2008) was an issue with triple A rated asset backed securities - the financial system itself had the vulnerability/weakness. This economic "crisis" is going to have a pent up spending that will bring us back to normal relatively quickly because the financial system itself is extremely healthy; look at some of the performance reports of banks over their past 10 years, specifically their Tier 1 leveraged capital and their loan loss reserves.

Coupled with the SBA loan(grant) assistance, quantitative easing, and stimulus we're financially prepared to wait out this virus; turns out its weakness is American capitalism.

#1998 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

You might want to check up on the borrowing situation and then ask where will the pent up spending come from? all those unemployed folks and businesses that are going to hit the wall?

https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program-ppp

2 months later
#3576 3 years ago

Honestly, I can't decide between a purple or black door. I'm seeing a lot of unboxings with black doors and then a couple of purples pop up - is there anything I'm missing on deciding on a door color or is everyone having this much trouble?

#3603 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Hard to say, but my gut feeling is that as long as R&M is popular, re-sell games will be rare. After that, if the game is good, it will be still be hard to find due to its relative rarity. But will it sell for $11k in a few years? I kind of doubt it. Except on E Bay, where the price will be over $20K.

That's why the first thing I'm doing is slapping a Supreme sticker right across my R&M to fight the depreciation.

#3661 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

This game is going to be bulletproof by the time mine gets built

Due to civil unrest and the current political climate, Kevlar will be applied to all future builds.

1 month later
#4570 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

A couple issues I've had:
1) The game became overloaded and ran incredibly slow. I had several things going at the same time (mode & multiball & meeseeks mania), and the screen got laggy and shots weren't counting. If I drained during a ball save timer, it wouldn't recognize the ball as draining and it would not give me the ball back. If I pu ta ball in the scoop during these moments, it'll hold it for a solid 30 seconds before spitting it back out. Happened twice now.
2) When the game was not in any modes or anything at all, I put it in the scoop. It popped it out and I left it go to the left flipper safely, only for the left flipper to not work at all. This happened twice like this, and also once in multiball. The left flipped just didn't work (I was not in Blood Dome mode).
3) The lights don't always work right. Sometimes the game will start and the speaker lights will not. Then after a few minutes the speaker lights will work again. Same with the pop bumper, sort of. All the colors work, but it will not light on ball one to show that a megaseed is available, nor will it light during the Pickle Rick mode.
Meh... it's a work in progress, right?

I'm not a pinball tech and you should definitely ask Spooky's expertise on this but what you're describing sounds like a memory leak or thrashing, especially if it happens after you've been playing for awhile.

#4574 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It’s not a memory leak. We’re watching that A LOT given the history. There were very significant changes made to the video handling for R&M that have the memory under control.
There’s an issue with the ending of Meeseeks Mania that spikes the CPU and triggers the watchdog to shut things down. The latest beta has a fix for it - waiting for feedback from the testers.

Good to know, didn't know memory leak was an issue in the past. On TNA? because I'm trying to find one...

#4643 3 years ago

Setup my game today, awesome carrier service. My ball launch will reject from the end of the wireform 2-3 times before getting a supershot over the top of the shooter lane - can someone post what it’s supposed to look like?

#4645 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Check spooky YouTube. They have Luke I believe doing a very very minor adjustment for that.
Actually, go through the threads Key Posts, everythig you’ll want is in there

Thank you, I thought I saw it way earlier in the thread and Spooky solved it so I think it’s a bit different.

#4647 3 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

Adjust the shooting lane coil power. We just got ours today too and had to do that cause the ball wouldn't make it all the way up the ramp.

Default was 13, moved it to a 12 because 15 way over shot and 10 never made it. Set at 6.8 degree incline. It seems there are two different coil powers, the initial goes all the way up but if a second ball comes into play it doesnt have enough to make it up. Then if you add a ball ir get a save you get two stuck in the shooter lane.

#4651 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Did you guys hear about Spencer Grammar getting her arm slashed? KEEP SUMMER SAFE!!
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/spencer-grammer-recovering-slashing-attack-222525772.html

A19DC112-E711-47FF-B0A3-91B8BC81DED5 (resized).jpegA19DC112-E711-47FF-B0A3-91B8BC81DED5 (resized).jpeg
#4684 3 years ago

Note for anyone unboxing - when you're cutting wrap from the backbox while it's still wrapped in the down position, watch out for the topper wires as they stick right to the plastic and you might cut them with your scissors...easily fixed with a wire strip and some heat-shrink tubing but it will save you from feeling like an idiot.

#4718 3 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

Hopefully someone can help me out, I just received my R&M from a fellow pinsider and after the 8th game or so the game completely shut down and now it will not start back up. When I try to power it back up and I hear from power supply is a small on and off buzzing sound. Thanks in advance

Honestly, I had to call Spooky for an issue and they solved it in 3 minutes - give them a call.

#4733 3 years ago

Does anyone else have weak shots in the spinner lane always drain to the right outlane? If it gets slowed behind the right orbit and diverts down through the spinner it’s an impossible drain even with magna-save. Or a weak shot that doesn't make it all the way through will come back and drain.

Is it just my 6.8 degree angle or is it by design?

#4784 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Is this normal? It seems like an opto issue on the Morty target. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
Note, it happens most often on the Morty target but does occur on the Rick target too. It can happen with or without balls locked.

Mine does that as well, seems it tries to jiggle our balls a bit.

#4892 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The game spots you two green stamps at game start which makes sense since there's currently 8 main adventures. Ideally it would be nice to see at least 9 main and at least 1 Special Morty's choice adventures and zero green stamps at game start. I do know that some modes have the ability to earn more than one stamp (hitting the Mr. Poopy butthole target after Rickall for instance). I'm not sure if this extra stamp is a green or yellow stamp though?-I think green would make sense since you earn it. there might have to be some logic worked in for the mystery scoop to not award a yellow stamp if you have a perfect green run going?

Where is this mysterious MPB target you speak of?

1 week later
#5080 3 years ago

Has anyone waxed their R&M yet? I’m having terrible ball spin and am curious if wax could help. What kind would you guys recommend?

2 weeks later
#5489 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Spot on! We set flippers to just barely allow for a back hand of right ramp and then even up the left one which usually allows for a nice right orbit shot.

Has anyone found an ideal flipper position yet? I tried adjusting them but I can no longer backhand from the right flipper. Could someone who is happy with their flippers post an image of where they are set?

2 months later
#8118 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I discovered after a few days of ownership that my divertor wasn't working at all. Turned out to be the clamp onto the shaft was loose, just needed setting and tightening. It's basically a flipper.

What was your indicator that it wasn't working? Sometimes my ball will catch there and come out with way less momentum.

#8120 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Every right orbit shot went to the garage.

...it's not supposed to? oh boy.

#8228 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Can anyone offer advice on a LED question? I notice that at times the lights will turn odd colors, however when I do the RGB test in settings every light can display in the four colors properly. What should I do to fix?

I've experienced this when I force a restart on Ball 2, if you do it enough times the LED colors will get out of whack - sometimes the portal green/yellow spin of the entire playfield will stay on constantly; only fix I've found is rebooting.

5 months later
#13769 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Morty "Reset Target Failure" (3 photos below from test mode). Anyone dealt with this?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had this issue after leveling the height of my drop targets; I originally leveled them because the ball would hang up on top of the target if it was a soft shot.

I assumed I messed something up so I leveled the drop targets again with the nuts and it went away. It was either the height of the targets were wrong or I was bending something without recognizing it and got lucky on the second try.

8 months later
#17025 2 years ago

Looking for a bit of tech help…

I’m in the middle of replacing my flipper bushings, I had to remove the flipper coil holder plate to get to the bottom of the bushing as it has a nut securing it.

I’m reassembling the plate and the wood screws that go into the bottom of the play field are different lengths, would anyone happen to know which length goes where in the plate.

Thank you in advance!

Edit: I’m working on the upper right flipper that shoots the garage.

#17027 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The longer screws are used in areas of the PF that aren't visible (like under the slings).

That was my thought as well but this plate is right under the PF at the right orbit entrance.

I ended up looking at the holes and there are larger screw holes in the south side of the PF (by sight).

With the PF raised and resting against the head, I put the larger screws along the south side of the plate. Looking at the other screws for the other coils didn’t help me determine which ones went where.

None of the screws when in the bracket are long enough to pierce the PF.

#17050 2 years ago
Quoted from TC-5:

Thank You all for the helpful suggestions.
I confirmed the game does have 5 balls in it, 4 in the trough and 1 in the portal and was working fine up until this weekend as I said we powered it up and now its stuck in a loop looking for balls when trying to start a game.
After your suggestions this afternoon I once again manually ejected all 5 of the balls via the utilities menu and reloaded 4 into the trough and 1 into the portal and fired the game back up to no success. Still endlessly cycles "looking for balls" when you push the start button to begin game.
During its ball search, it actually kicks the ball out of the portal down the drain so Im not sure if that ball stays there during game play regarless of mode or multiball you may be in ?
Thanks in advance for any more possible insight. Next step I will try to contact Spooky support
TC

Sounds like a switch isn't getting depressed in your launch ball holder (what's this actual name?) - did you check those? It's not registering 1 of the 4 waiting to feed into the launcher.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_casual.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=the_casual and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.