(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider soulstoner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4067 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Dude... I heard ya the first time lol.

He also asked that you let me give you some money for a R&M pre-order, please.

#4071 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Some money, not stupid money.
In all seriousness, soulstoner needs to contact the distributors and get on the wait list. Not everyone is looking to make money when they back out of a spot. I got my preorder in February and was offered a second spot in early June. Neither were going to cost an extra $3K.

That's a great idea, thank you for the suggestion. I think I'm a bit more limited being in Canada though.

2 weeks later
#4493 3 years ago

What is a butter cabinet?

2 months later
#6348 3 years ago

greenhornet I have purchased Pre-order spot #434 if you want to add me in over foobeer.

#6455 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i am number 501 and would like to squeeze in a another nib before this arrives. at this rate around when would 501 be built?

I’m #434 and estimated around end of January/February.

So maybe end of March for you?

2 weeks later
#7033 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

this is a 13,000 cdn game!

Did you buy it second hand or from Spooky? I thought this game was around $7500USD, which is around $10k CAD?

1 week later
#7272 3 years ago

How long do you have to pay the invoice from Spooky once it's issued?

#7320 3 years ago

I didn’t see the topper in the indexed options post. Is that selectable with other options?

If so, what’s the price?

1 month later
#8842 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Can't wait to get my build sheet!

Got the build sheet for #434 on Sunday, so hopefully that helps find your timing in line.

#8861 3 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

Did you adjust your RaM flippers? Do you have any tips for that, and do you mind sharing a pic of your flipper alignment please? I love this game, but I think my right flipper needs something.
I just received my Titan black friday stuff today, so I'm going to put some glow in the dark rubbers on and see if anything changes. Off topic, but I was curious to finally see what the hype was about on those Titan pinmats, since they cost double what some anti-fatigue mats run.. Decided to splurge on one, because if it works, it will be priceless to me. I've only had a few minutes standing on it so far, but damn this thing feels like quality for sure. Time to put some hours in and see how it does on longer sessions.

LOL, $72.30 shipping fee for one of these to Canada. Outrageous!

#8992 3 years ago
Quoted from ninjedi:

#385 shipped!!! Should be fun to play over Christmas!
Might arrive in a couple days... so 1 year and 1 day of waiting!
Thanks for the Spooky crew for getting their weekly quotas up... I was thinking it would be in the new year after the covid shutdown.

When was your invoice issued?

3 weeks later
#9804 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Wasn't aware of that, but...that number is? loowwwwwww

Unless you're reviewing powder coat coloring, the point is moot as they're the same exact game under the glass.

1 week later
#9994 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

And those 5 sold out.
Starting a list so I can make a larger batch:
1 - calfdemon
1- gac
1- jonesjb
1 - mikes
1- docquest
1 - USMCSGT0331
1 - attack7
1- monkfe
1 - kidchrisso
1 - jigz
1- estrader
1- eagle14
1- cooked71
1- SR230CC
1- loumatt
1- pinbalt
1 - Jherre6
1 - dendoc

Count me in for one to Canada please!

#10036 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What does that even mean?

It means he has an uncle that works for Nintendo, who's brother works for Adult Swim, who was told by the janitor at Spooky that they cut some corners on the production of the game.

Seems reasonable to me.

#10047 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

- If you play a R&M that hasn't been dialed in, it might effect the gameplay considerably. My game (#175) required 40-50 hours of dialing in.

Jesus! Is this the fault of bad design or poor quality control?

I’m expecting my game in a few weeks and I’m not looking forward to tinkering for a full work week worth of hours

#10051 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I did the bushing shave (heyo) and if you haven't I suggest you do before you keep playing. I have one done and the other undone and it's night and day. I was complaining how there was no way I could casually hit shots consistently in this game without trapping the ball. I'm no twitch streamer but I can do ok on a good day and it's easy to tell the difference. My wife also agreed. Flipper now sits nicely just above the playfield and the ball hits the center of the rubber. The flipper is no longer weak at the tip and doesn't get pushed down as much. There isn't as much play in the flipper when the ball strikes it.
I replaced the pawl with a single nut type without the hex cap screw, personal preference. I also stuck on some of those captive metal nut things to attach the apron to the hangers. I don't understand the screw and nut setup there, no way I'm undoing that more than once before I figure out a different solution. I think these were laying around from a set of car speakers, finally I kept something that was useful.
Oh yeah, put the trough and backboard lighting in. With RGBW strips it can be ridiculously bright if you want.
Here is my very unhelpful instructional video: [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the vid!

Can you expand on the lighting you added? It looks bright and fantastic. Is this a substitute for pinstadiums?

#10135 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

I understand and take part in the conversation for things like shot adjustments but the amount of times it just devolves into petty whining and finger pointing about things is a bummer. I feel like spooky being so active and helpful in here makes some be even more abrasive for whatever reason, because they know its seen. Being in the TWD thread for years we had nothing but issues (STDM drains from the pops(!), bricked shots to riot, Well walker breaking, prison doors not registering hits, roll overs not working for skill shot, no lighting in bicycle girl, rail adjustments for shooter lane and barn shot, crossbow constantly breaking and bricking the game, etc etc) but at the end of the day we knew it was a good game and it was fun to fix and tinker to make it perfect, not an opportunity to constantly call out Stern for something. Pinball is hard, all the games play different and everyone will not have it set perfectly the same as they did play testing. Just a few degrees off will make a rail reject or a shot be off that may of tested fine. This is ok, thats why its fun to own these things so you can dial it in. God forbid my game came out of the box with no improvements I could make, whats the fun in that?

I agree that it’s a shame people use this thread as a sounding board for their issues and complaints, especially when they direct them at spooky employees specifically.

However, I disagree because where else would owners vent their frustrations? And unlike other companies, Spooky actually has a presence here, taking feedback, and answering questions, which they’ve been applauded for on many occasions. As long as it’s constructive, I wouldn’t classify it as whining and is totally welcome.

#10237 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

My son has pointed to people we know and Pinside data showing how many people who have had it in their collection and have moved it on.

The pinside data will be grossly overinflated due to all those that are flipping their pre-order spots or flipping the machine in general, having never even played it.

#10295 3 years ago

#434 should be shipping out today or tomorrow. No idea how long it'll actually take to make it out west.

*Canadians - Heads up about some fees and taxes that would have been nice to know about ahead of time.

You will be expected to pay the import and GST charges prior to shipment. For some reason I assumed this was included in the cost of shipping on the initial invoice. Cost about $535CAD just to get it across the border.

Since I had to purchase my pre-order spot off another Pinsider for the opportunity to purchase this machine, it has ended up costing a lot more than I expected @ $13,100 CAD for a non-butter cabinet. Holy shit that number hurts to type out.

For the theme alone, I'm guessing it'll be with me until the bitter end. I hope I'm correct!

#10301 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa2145:

How much was your shipping cost ? Just curious as I should receive my bill soon, in canada also. Thanks

$450 USD plus border fee's and Canadian taxes.

#10397 3 years ago

#434 arrived today. Too wide to get in the door due to the top and bottom cardboard ends, so we had to unbox in the garage. Not a problem, but something for future owners to consider.

Girlfriend fired it up to play a game before cleanup. Not a great first impression so far.

Game killed and restarted itself on the second ball.

Audio is completely absent during cutscenes like multi-ball and the final match sequence.

The rattling glass is insane. The only way to keep this from happening out of the box is to keep the volume at 3, at which point the game is inaudible over the box fan running full blast inside the machine.

Also, the lock bar doesn’t seem to want to actually latch down without a significant amount of force. I tried to have a look of there was anything impeding it but can’t see anything that would cause it. Once it’s latched, it sticks up considerably. I’m not sure if that’s the design or if something is off.

Admittedly this is a post in frustration after a long afternoon of getting it downstairs and set up. Also, is this heavier than stern games, because those were cakewalks compared to this beast.

Most of these can be resolved either by code updates or me dumping more money into mods, but I assumed I’d be able to enjoy this for at least a few weeks without the extra mods.

Still excited to experience the joy, eventually.

#10399 3 years ago

Does this look correct?

469FE077-3B27-4CA9-90AE-BF2B99AB0C7C (resized).jpeg469FE077-3B27-4CA9-90AE-BF2B99AB0C7C (resized).jpeg
#10401 3 years ago

This is the max it’ll go. Used PinGuy app to make sure it was level at 6.5 pitch.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10404 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

In the top picture, you an see the corner isn't square. A dropped game would explain a lot of your issues. Was there any apparent damage to the box?

No everything looked and looks great, aside for the the cabinet under the lockdown bar.

#10407 3 years ago

Okay, so I lowered the front legs completely and lowered the back to be 6.5 in the middle of the playfield. Glass slides in perfectly after that. That doesn't make any sense to me, but okay. I tend to like the front legs up as high as the pitch will allow due to my height, but I guess I'll have to keep these all the way to the ground.

This also muted the glass rattling quite a bit so that it's playable now, but still an issue to resolve with some tape.

Thank you everyone for your willingness to help so quickly, it saved me a lot of grief.

Some other issues that I'm sure have been addressed somewhere earlier in the thread:

- I can't seem to flip a ball on the fly as the flipper gets pushed down upon impact? Is this an issue because of the bushings or is there an adjustment I should make?

- Left flipper button activates the flipper with a light breeze. I know I probably need to adjust the leaf switch, but do I need a leaf switch tool for this, or I can I just bend it manually?

#10419 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is that visible wood on the left and right of the cabinet? Mine doesn't have the wood exposed like that.

Yes it is. Is this something to be concerned over? Every other aspect of the cabinet seems fine so far.

#10493 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

My son succeeded in smashing his prior high score of 138m. I think it's safe to say the pin is dialed in now!
[quoted image]

What pitch is yours set at?

I saw 6.9 key posted, but that seemed like a meme response, so I’m at 6.5 currently.

#10509 3 years ago

Has anyone made adjustments to the Beth, Summer, and Jerry targets?

They seem incredibly stiff and tough to activate outside of a direct hit. The foam backing on them is very thick.

Also what gameplay purpose does the Rick target serve other than a leaderboard mention?

#10612 3 years ago

I debated posting this as it's another negative take on this game from me, but this is the owners thread and I'm an owner and just need to vent and give my first week thoughts.

I've put about 100 games in since receiving last week and I'm annoyed by a lot of things on this machine, especially those requiring extra money to fix:

1. Air balls off the left and right ramps. One protector for the upper part of the right ramp, and two protectors needed for the entrances of each. - $34USD
2. Flippers losing strength incredibly fast, even outside of multi-balls. If I play for 10 minutes outside of a multi-ball, I am unable to backhand the right ramp. Aftermarket cooling solution is now needed. - $115-170USD (2-3 flipper kit)
3. The stock fan is AGGRESSIVELY loud and high-pitched. - $17USD
4. Leg protectors to protect the cabinet from its own legs. I had a January build and this is still a problem with the legs. - $10USD.

Total = $176-231USD - Good for PinMonk and other modders (Thank you), bad for me.

Add this on to the growing list of aftermarket adjustments that are needed after receiving it.

1. The garage shot from the upper flipper may as well not exist on my machine. Maybe the upper flipper isn't situated correctly, but it looks to be in line with the ball guide as mentioned in key posts.
2. The character standup targets are basically dead from the factory and needed to be adjusted to be more sensitive to hits.
3. The flipper switches needed adjustment to prevent drooping when hit.
4. The right loop garage shot was essentially half-closed by an open ball guide that needed to be bent to even make the shot.
5. The scoop rejects 3/5 times. I've bent the top down bit, but still need to place washers underneath to lower it into the playfield.
6. Flippers are way too high off the playfield (is this causing issues with all my shots?). Thankfully, Spooky is doing the right thing and sending replacements out to those in need.

If everything is working and you happen to have just started a game with fresh flipper strength, it can be very addictive and truly has that "one more game" feeling to it, even with all the frustrations. I'm still happy to have it, will likely be with me for a very long time, and can't wait for future updates.

#10614 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I thought the leg issue was fixed with new builds?

I thought they would be too, but the legs were still touching the cabinet on the front, so I ordered some felt protectors to prevent damage.

#10617 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

7. Switch in upper-right corner registers maybe half the time, meaning half the upper loops you shoot don't count. MRS will fix this (additional cost)
8. Clean shots to right orbit will catch the edge of the wall poking out on the left, or other things, and basically die and fail to make it around
9. Ball gets jammed under shooter wireform
10. Ball launch inconsistent due to launch wireform moving around slightly and dampening launch power
11. Ship plastic breaks prematurely
I'm with you... I love the game when it works, totally addicting gameplay... but man, this is worse than RZ in terms of post-purchase twiddling and fixes needed. TnA seemed pretty solid out of the gate; I had similar hopes for R&M.... It's still a keeper, just a bit frustrating.

Oh God, I forgot about these too. $50USD shooter rail that "Isn't needed" but seriously, the current one sucks. I also bought an extra ship plastic for the inevitable break.

Basically, both garage shots are unreliable which almost breaks the game. Even if you shoot it clean you're still hoping it doesn't wobble and reject.

#10620 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Seems like it is getting worse the more you post...

I keep running back to play it after I comment to make sure I'm not just caught in a streak of bad luck. Each time I'm met with the same frustrations no matter how well I play.

The fact is, those two shots already require a very precise and clean shot to make. Add in these other factors and you might rip your hair out.

#10630 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

If any game was ever worth the effort to get "dialed in," it's this one!
Am I wrong that the combination of features is unique? Between the Adventures, Dimensions, Meeseeks, and the Megaseeds, there is always so much going on! Add to that the Danesi lock, ball fondling, the Antigrav, and the Slam pop with earnable Save. It's just a riot!
The Adventures are brilliant, shining examples of theme integration. Very creative. Not tied down to only so many by some insert count, either. I hope more and more get added as the seasons go by, I'll happily pay extra for them at some point.
The Dimensions are also amazing, so much innovation going on, with the lighting, the feature modifying and of course the silly noises and/or cool music.
The Meeseeks are hilarious, another super creative idea, with limitless possibilities for multiplying shots since it stacks with everything, even Mania with the other multiball.
The Megaseeds are fantastic as well, I love how the bonus percentage builds and builds, and lasts all game. I've gotten to 30 seeds, basically a 2.5x scoring multiplier!
Gotta love the Danesi lock 2.0. The U turn is a beast! I've turned on the ball save for that, though I guess we shouldn't be hitting it when the lock is inactive. I'd like to see some reward for hitting it, even just maybe a "superfluous loop count" high score entry.
But when it becomes a physical ball lock, it really shines. The addition of "ball fondling" to increase future jackpots is brilliant. And when multiball starts with three balls screaming towards the flippers, it's just nuts.
As for the Antigrav, my old brain took like a month to wire up the reflex to remember to use the damn thing! Which I thought was odd, as my very first game was a Black Knight back in 1990, and I thought I'd pick the magnet thing right back up, so that was frustrating. But now that the neural pathway is reestablished, it is so cool! So fun making that ball whip back over into play, even during multiballs! And I finally realized that the meter isn't just a time indicator, the magnet is actually stronger the fuller it is (and weak when it is low). Ingenious!
I've never had so much fun with a game, and I still need to figure out what's wack with the right loop diverter, fix the flipper bushings, address the garage and drain ball traps, etc...

Well said. Thank you for saying exactly what I like about this game, but didn’t have time to write out.

#10667 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I had this problem with the switch for the right orbit up in the corner. Worked fine out of the box, but then it started to bend getting hit by the ball. I think maybe it was sitting too high? Took some adjusting, but got it nice and smooth again.
I also felt like I was making the inner loop/skill shot (spinner loop) and it wasn't registering more than it was registering.
Even though all my original switches worked fine in switch test rolling the ball over them, I ordered 4 magnetic reed switches from M&M Creations and swapped out all 4 switches up in the loop areas.
Swapped them this past weekend and couldn't be happier. Super easy to install. Thanks to M&M for making these, and thanks to the owners who mentioned this product here in the thread. Will be looking for places to add these switches in my other games.[quoted image][quoted image]

How much was it for 4 switches?

#10692 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

After adjusting my EOS switches, I've never really had any issue with the flippers getting knocked down. Occasionally I'll get a slight knock down when the ball returns from the horse-shoe at a crazy speed, but it's rare.

So, what I'm hearing is, it isn't an issue until it's an issue?

#10773 3 years ago

Looks like the art blade on the left side of my machine was attached too high and is now peeling with pressure from the glass. Removing the glass relieves pressure and I'm able to push the sticker down more and curve it slightly over the lip, however inserting the glass causes the sticker to remove itself again.

Any ideas how to resolve this in the cleanest way beyond removing and reapplying the art blade?

FA38F932-36B5-4706-A63F-510D6F369119 (resized).jpegFA38F932-36B5-4706-A63F-510D6F369119 (resized).jpeg

#10776 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Personally, I wouldn't remove the art blade. You'll never get it back on correctly and it'll eventually peel off since the adhesive will have been compromised.
Simply take the glass off and use a razor blade to trim the top portion off that's touching the glass.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I second this. Get a brand new "XACTO" knife from a hobby shop or razor blade from a hardware store. Go slow. Should take about 2 minutes to completely remove if done right. I have trimmed art blades before with these and the vinyl is easy to cut with a sharp blade. There should be a grove you can follow in the glass channel with your cut lines. See post 8565 to see what I mean by cutting channel to follow.

Great idea, thank you! So simple and I never would've thought of that.

1 month later
#12044 3 years ago

My scoop is shooting straight down the middle roughly 1/4 times. How can I counter this if it's not consistent?

#12065 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Try changing the coil power setting for it in the Settings. I think the default is 16, try either increasing it slightly (20) or lowering it a bit and see which way you prefer (14).

Unfortunately, adjusting in either direction doesn't fix it. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 month later
#13707 2 years ago

My pop bumper has died suddenly. It registers hits, but the coil isn't firing during games or in the coil test. Anything I can do/try aside from asking Spooky to replace it?

#13712 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Rarely do pops die. Probably a wire is off the lug so no power to the coil. Check it out

Yup you were right. Wire snapped off the solder point. I guess I'll need to go buy a soldering iron. It was inevitable, really.

Thank you!

4 weeks later
#14344 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If the game theme/integration wasn't such a knockout this game may have been panned by the majority.

If this wasn't a Rick & Morty theme it would have been out of my collection months ago. I just spent another $45 fixing this game on some 3D printed flipper spacers from a community member.

It's actually a fantastic/addictive design for a game (with exception to the top-right orbit entrance...), and since I've dialed this thing in, I've been having a blast with it. It's just a shame the manufacturer issues have marred an otherwise fantastic release.

Now, speaking of the theme. I'm wondering if anyone knows why the "Goodbye Moonmen" mode/song is only 30 seconds long? Was this a licensing issue? The full song is a glorious 2:18 long:

. We got the full schwifty song, why not this one?

Also, I see that the Jerry dimension was added in the last update, but one of the best quotes from the show "My Man!" was removed! Licensing issues again?

#14347 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Hmm…. Then there’s two #380’s because I have a #380 also.

I really hope this is true.

#14400 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Charlie gave people clear instructions when he announced the decision (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/182#post-6017299). Don't know what world you live in, but my experience is pinball companies don't keep complete lists! They all typically require asking for updates like this!

C'mon man. You worked for Apple, and you don't think Spooky has a customer database to reference? Especially when they have 750 pre-orders to keep track of. This is simple stuff for any company.

1 week later
#14645 2 years ago

Just installed the X-Spacers from Ninja Camp and wow. The game feels incredibly responsive now, exactly as you would expect it to play.

#14667 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone else find that the ball with go into the outlane, or go sdtm and then bounce around a bit before actually draining, often costing you a ball even though you had like 2-3 seconds left on your ball save?
Also, on most games, after the time runs out, there is like a one second grace period which this game clearly doesn't have.
Thoughts?

Same annoyance for me too. I’ve also noticed it doesn’t properly refund all balls saved during multi-ball if they all drain at once. So, if there’s 3 seconds left of ball save, and 3 balls drain, by the time the second ball is launched into the shooter lane, 3 seconds is up and it doesn’t bother spitting the 3rd out.

Incredibly frustrating.

#14807 2 years ago

Getting weird lighting issues since the last update. The timers at both ends stop displaying correctly, sometimes every light turns plain while while flipping, then reverts back when a switch is hit, and now my pop colour is a sea foam green rather than plain white (all the time even during attract mode).

Anyone else encounter this?

09E79593-A374-4F75-9689-524E84CCDE12 (resized).jpeg09E79593-A374-4F75-9689-524E84CCDE12 (resized).jpeg

#14822 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

There is a Jerry dimension. Has a "my man" call out that was removed from the game in the latest update.

Why was it removed? It’s one of my favourite quotes from the show

Also, why is Goodbye Moonmen only half of the song? Again, one of my favourite things from the show cut just short of what it should be.

And lastly, a tech question: how do you remove the pop bumper LED? Just straight up? I took the top off and wiggled it, and noticed it flickered and turned back on when in just the right position. Does spooky send out replacement bulbs, or can we get these from elsewhere?

#14824 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Someone likely complained that it was a stereotype and/or that it was voiced by a Person of Pallor (Jack Danger).

Oh, so it was a different voice actor used than in the show… interesting. Disappointing but I understand.

Now, someone find a way to edit the code so we can mod the original voices in!

#14939 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Moonman is fun, but it's a bummer that the song time is abbreviated and fixed. Would be much more fun if you could extend the time/song as long as you continue making the fart shots (within some time frame). It's also annoying that many other sounds are mute during this mode. Odd. Just seems like the mode was added quickly and could use a bit more thought/love.

Glad someone else is saying it. It drives me nuts that one of the best songs from the show is limited to 30 seconds here, when the Scary Terry adventure has two full sections to complete.

If this was it for content, I would be greatly disappointed. With the flippers being fixed with the new bushings/x-spacer, I'm filling the full punch card 4/5 games I play, so Love Potion is not exactly the elusive wizard/mini-wizard novelty that it once was.

#15030 2 years ago

What is happening to my game? It’s like graphical glitches from a dying GPU in LED form.

This happens randomly when playing, and it’s becoming more frequent.

15A531B2-0AC0-4046-BBF6-6243D17A0284 (resized).jpeg15A531B2-0AC0-4046-BBF6-6243D17A0284 (resized).jpeg57D49F2C-F552-47B4-9586-9C1D0DD6D3AF (resized).jpeg57D49F2C-F552-47B4-9586-9C1D0DD6D3AF (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#15529 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Thanks, good to know. It's detecting as 1280x720. Eric says 720p so that checks out. The other boards I bought won't work out anyhow due to subtle differences (mini-HDMI, usb-C power, etc) so the one I have is the best one I've found easily available.

Can’t wait for a parts list… thanks for doing this!

#15545 2 years ago

Here’s the stock screen from a 6’5” view.

Blech!

The blacks start to match the Galaxian Purple, haha!

4358BD90-4B80-4B0C-AF4B-5703C6C882DB (resized).jpeg4358BD90-4B80-4B0C-AF4B-5703C6C882DB (resized).jpeg

#15593 2 years ago

I frequently get callouts to “get to the car” and “get to the ship”, when there is nothing redeemable at the scoop.

Are these referring to something else?

9 months later
#17734 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I was wondering if the recent purchase of Warner Bros media (who owns Rick and Morty) by Discovery will lead to them being more flexible regarding updates on code for new episodes. I know the intention when the game was announced was that it could happen but it seems like WB became a PITA to deal with. Since Spooky has never stated that the code is DONE, I hold a smiggen of hope that the leadership change could allow for potential discussions. Spooky, any chance you can comment if you have interest in new material for the game?

They should just "leak" the code and let the community make new game modes. If they have no plans to update or add features, then why not? I know why, but just saying.

5 months later
#18913 1 year ago

Booted my game up after being off for a while, and the RGB is going crazy.

All connections look secure…

Any ideas?

https://imgur.com/a/wcLYbCE

Edit: just started unplugging grey cables for the RGB boards and seems to be back to normal for now…

#18924 1 year ago

Looking for some advice... and figured I'd get a "biased" opinion

I've listed my R&M for sale as I don't think it's smart for me to hold such a valuable collectible during an upcoming recession...

Anyways, I was hoping for a cash sale, but someone has offered me Avengers IQ: Premium + cash. I figured I could always sell the A:IQ later, as it's likely easier to get a buyer for that over R&M, since it's of less financial value.

Now for the biased opinions... am I making a huge mistake getting rid of this beautiful collectors item? The game itself is quite fun, but not $12kUSD fun to me at current market value.

Being relatively new to the hobby (2 years now), does R&M have the potential to be an even higher value collectors item in the future, or is it likely to be treated as just another out of production pinball machine?

I'm not opposed to keeping it, it took a hell of a lot of time and money to make its way here, so I'm just looking for opinions.

Thanks everyone!

#18926 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Don’t worry about what the game is going to be worth I don’t believe it ever going much higher and aiq is a great game with crazy fun ramps and deep code,just do it and don’t worry about it,I also own both games.

I'm highly neurotic and second and triple guess everything I do. I like your attitude. Thanks for your opinion

#18930 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I owned AIQ for several months and sold it...love Keith's work, but much prefer JP & GZ. R&M will never go...it's unique, funny and the license is cool/modern. I also think it is much likely to go higher than most Stern Pro's/Premium's. Why? They only produced 750 and Stern churns out many more for most of their titles.
Nevertheless, it's impossible to predict future prices (of anything). While I agree there is likely a recession on the horizon, could still be a year or two away. If you are playing with money you don't need to pay your rent and put food on the table, it shouldn't really matter.
Bottom line: if you aren't playing R&M anymore and would like to change it up, do it!

Thank you for your thoughts, appreciate it!

#18933 1 year ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

I think your crazy for what it's worth. AIQ shoots ok but has no replay value at all, no soul. I think you will regret your decision as soon as you make the swap. But of course that's without knowing your financial situation.

Quoted from darkryder:

There are few, if any, pins I would swap my R&M for and AIQ is definitely not one of them. I think the question is whether you need the money or not. Otherwise, trade for a top 10 pin that will blow your socks off like Godzilla, Alien, Iron Maiden, Elvira, Jurassic Park, Wonka, Hobbit, etc. R&M is a GOAT pin and I know I'd miss mine if I ever sold or traded it.

Yup, initially my only trading option was Godzilla Premium...

Thank you both for your input. I agree, R&M is a one-of-a-kind game.

#18949 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

You're in the wrong place if you want an unbiased answer. This is like being in a church, and asking people if they think religion is good.
I sold my R&M, then bought another one a week later when I realized I was going to miss it.
But that only because I have a few games, and this one offers a uniqueness not found in many games.
I think in a smaller collection (2 games like yourself) I personally would not keep this game over AIQ, or many other games. The main reason for me, is that I don't think R&M shoots great, and I don't think it has enough depth in rules.
Remember, this is just MY opinion on it.
I think AIQ has much more satisfying shots, and just offers more excitement.
But R&M is staying with me.for a while because I love the humor, and when I want a fast, simple, straight forward game, there's not much better.

I feel the same way about R&M. It is 1 of 2 in my collection, and I agree with you on having it in a small collection.

In the end, I decided to keep it. If I get rid of it, it's going to be for the market value that it's worth, in cash, and not a trade for a Stern machine that is mass produced by the thousands. With only 750 of these, I think it's pretty special and difficult to let go of, especially as a fan of the show.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider soulstoner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=soulstoner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.