(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7706 3 years ago

Just joined the club!

IMG_4440 (resized).jpegIMG_4440 (resized).jpeg
#7775 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Basically to have a chance at finding a new dimension beyond the standards, a player needs to get 6-7 dimensions deep. It's definitely not easy, but very doable. To me the challenge makes finding new dimensions more rewarding once you get there (much like your wizard mode analogies). Bottom line is different strokes for different folks.

I agree completely.

For those who own(ed) TnA, it would be similar to alternating the music instead of having each track tied to a specific reactor. The payoff on that pin was being able to hear the next cool track and associated lighting effects as you destroyed reactors...each track creating a little more excitement/tension as you progressed.

R&M is kicking my ass in 3 days of ownership, but when I am able to progress to additional dimensions, it seems more rewarding since it is a new experience. I have something to chase...and it keeps me repeatedly pushing the start button.

#7859 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just joined the club...#175. The pinball gods were shining on me...picked this up locally NIB. Spooky blanket wraps the butter cabinets to perfection. First time I've ever seen a "butter" cabinet. Really beautiful. The cabinet artwork is just stunning, and I like how it's unique on each side. Sweet.
Need to fiddle with the audio...sounds awful out-of-the-box (as others have discussed in this thread). Tried simply turning down the volume, but that didn't help much.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, what a perfect spot for a pin! Like the house was designed around it.

#7863 3 years ago

What pitch are most of you running your R&M at?

#8046 3 years ago

I've had my R&M for about a week and half now. A few initial thoughts:

R&M is one hard MF'er! I've owned more than 50 pins since being in the hobby, and I'm convinced that this is the hardest I've had in terms of keeping the ball in play. There is a certain amount of frustration, and the first few days I really wasn't sure how I felt about the pin. But one thing that I noticed was that I kept thinking about the pin while at work...looking forward to getting back home to try and show R&M who's the boss!

I added a EHOH to the lineup a week after R&M. I am really enjoying that pin a lot! But...R&M is the pin that I think about more, and miss more, when I am not at home, if that makes sense? There is just something really unique about R&M, not only in terms of the theme and the fantastic integration of it, and the artwork (it's definitely one of the best looking pins I have ever owned...again, very unique in terms of art, color, lighting etc.)...but the layout and the rules. I love the integration of adventures and stacking with different dimensions.

R&M just has the "it" factor. It's more than the sum of its parts. You can't point to any one thing about this pin that makes it so damn addicting. The entire package just comes together to make it an extremely compelling and unique experience.

Now excuse me while I go play some R&M and try to get an EB, just so I can hear Rick yell "Extra ball, motherfucker!"

#8052 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The only annoying tweak I'd like to make is adjusting the VUK to reduce the rejections. Some folks say lower the VUK (under the PF), some folks say bend the scoop? Are you getting annoying VUK rejects?

Indeed I am. I need to adjust the scoop.

#8142 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Send it my way when you get bored with it, Robby T!
rd

I will keep you in mind RD! Hope your friend is still enjoying the TnA!

#8153 3 years ago
#8170 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I'm up to a few dozen games in. Some others have played my machine more than I have, and scored alot more too. I kinda make it look awkward maybe, playing Lol... but it's fun!
I'm gonna get dialed in onto that spinner shot better, it's awesome repeating that sucker!!

The thing I'm most impressed with is how you had no rejects from the scoop. I definitely need to fix mine today.

#8179 3 years ago

Is there a solution to the destruction of the post sleeves? They take a beating. Are there other, strong alternatives that actually fit?

IMG_4599 (resized).jpegIMG_4599 (resized).jpeg
#8184 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Mine (#175) has black posts...I hear they switched because of the wear on the translucent. I notice that the black are very loose fitting...they move really easily. Wonder of movement would cause them to wear more quickly. Were these loosely fitted? Curious.

Interesting, did not realize that they made a switch to other post sleeves. But I am not surprised.

The originals (in my picture) are not loose fitting. They are the PerfectPlay "thin" post sleeves. https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-1-116-thin-stern-compatible-rubber-post-sleeve.html

If Spooky started using other post sleeves, and they are loose fitting like you say they are, it just confirms that there isn't a stronger alternative that actually fits. I wonder how much different the larger/loose fitting post sleeves play vs. the original thin version?

BTW, I have game #119.

#8347 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

I've experienced this when I force a restart on Ball 2, if you do it enough times the LED colors will get out of whack - sometimes the portal green/yellow spin of the entire playfield will stay on constantly; only fix I've found is rebooting.

Funny that this is mentioned, as I experienced this exact situation for the first time just last night. The LED colors were all "stuck" in a yellow color after a restart on ball 2. Rebooting fixed it, just as you mentioned.

#8353 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I was so happy with my 72mil score. But alas, it did not hold. My son crushed it!
[quoted image]

And I was coming here to post how excited I was about getting my best score so far, only to be humbled by your son's ridiculous score. Wow!

This score almost doubled my prior high score...but I obviously still have a long way to go. My goal is to get to the 100 mil mark.

IMG_4605 (resized).jpegIMG_4605 (resized).jpeg
#8530 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Here’s a bug has anyone had this happen. It’s never happened before but now twice in the last 20 or so games.
Will be playing normal one ball and for no apparent reason one ball is launched into play. One ball can drain and can keep playing on the remaining ball but when that ball drains the game doesn’t do anything like serve up next ball or do a ball search it just sits there. I was able to add a second player game but nothing happens to current game no ball search it just sits. Then I need to hard reset.

Well that's interesting because I literally came to this thread to share my experience, as this exact same thing just happened to me.

Interesting.

#8534 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

My keys won't open my head. Anyone else have this issue?

Are you sure you are using the right keys?

Different keys for coin door and the head.

#8572 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

I need those plastic covers asap. My airballs are INSANE!
Balls are hitting my roof!

Strange. I almost never get air balls on this pin.

#8659 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I know this has probably been asked and answered but has anyone hooked up an external subwoofer and bypassed the internal speaker entirely? I've gotten most vibrations out of the cab but I'm interested just to see how it would sound only hooked up to my external.
The internal sub still runs when it's wired from the speaker to the external and I'm not sure how to only run the external alone.
Next will be to tackle my shaker which must be more like a Red Tremor as even on the lowest setting it's a jackhammer that shakes the backglass, speaker panel, etc etc. I suppose I could experiment with the weights to see if that smooths it out a bit.

I have the Pinnovators headphone jack on my R&M. The sound quality through quality headphones is nothing short of amazing. They also have a RCA jack for an external subwoofer, which I am using. I'm not sure if there is a way to cut off the internal sub completely using this system? Maybe by just turning the volume knob on the amplifier down completely?

#8661 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Super enjoying the pin with only 1 regret on my build sheet.

I regret not ordering the coin door with the bill acceptor. Don’t get me wrong, the one it comes with is fine, but I really wish I had the coin door so I could add the external volume control and headphone jack. While there is an option to turn swearing on or off, the voice callouts are mostly not changed, but bleeped. I don’t feel comfortable playing this thing on full blast as intended next to my 4, 6, and 9 year old playing army men on the floor. There are still plenty of mother ****ers, sh**s, and f**ks. I fully understand not everyone needs family mode, but I do with I had gotten that version of the coin door so I could play during the day when they are around.

When I got my R&M I made sure that it had the coin door that would allow me to add the Pinnovators headphone jack. My two daughters are in college, but that's not to say that the wife or girls would necessarily want to be hearing the expletives coming from the pin, not to mention that it would allow me to play more often (the TV is fairly close to where I have my pins) since I don't have to worry about volume in general.

As I said in my post above, the sound quality to my Sennheiser headphones through the Pinnovators system is incredible. You can hear things using the headphones that you just don't hear otherwise. There's a lot of little detail in the sound design.

The Pinnovator system is not cheap, and it is more involved that what the Stern system requires, but it was definitely worth it in my book.

#8663 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Do you have a pic of your connection for the external subwoofer?

I can try to remember to take a pic the next time I have the PF glass off.

#8780 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

WOW! I honestly would have never guessed that. You can't even see the holes from the front, so odd that Spooky doesn't make it more obvious or AT LEAST put a picture up on their website, pointing it out. Would save newbies a lot of headaches. Thanks for pointing this out.

I'm far from a newbie and it took me forever to find it too.

Not sure why this had to be mounted upside down? It's not the easiest thing to get the USB stick in there.

Ok, now that I am done bitching...can't wait to play the new code!

#8793 3 years ago

Confirmed: R&M is even more bad ass than it already was!

This update is definitely a major one. Extremely impressed.

#8830 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I closed the left outlane a few days ago and it's still brutal.

The left outlane or the right one?

I closed my left outlane from factory and it made a big difference. The right one? Not so much. Still brutal.

And I still love it!

#8831 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Inlanes open, rubber removed, and punches set to 0 for me.[quoted image][quoted image]

#8849 3 years ago

Well I just completed my first adventure card. I chose Rick Potion No. 9.

Of course I choked when I got there. But the one thing that this game proved to me is how important megaseeds are. Never completed the adventure card before, and despite doing it on this game (I decided to concentrate on adventures instead of anything else) my score (47.5 million) was not even high enough to get my initials up (other than for Rick Potion No. 9).

#8933 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Originally leveled my game at 6.9 (per Scott's suggestion IIRC). Too brutal for my skill level. Dropped it to 6.7 a couple weeks ago and didn't notice much difference...still too brutal. Just dropped it to the traditional 6.5 and I'm having much more success. Left ramp is more achievable, speed overall is more manageable. After only 2-3 games at 6.5 got my new high score of 40M. Much happier...I gravitate toward more challenging games, but can't keep up with R&M at the more aggressive angles. YMMV.

This is interesting to me. I've had my R&M pitch at several different levels, including as low as the 6.5 that you have your at. I thought the game was unplayable at that pitch, and certainly did not seem any easier.

Went to 6.7 and still did not feel right. Went up to 6.9 and to me this is the sweet spot for speed, flow, and difficulty.

Like you said, YMMV.

#8940 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Interesting. Did you have to bump the right flipper power to be able to make the left ramp after 20-30 minutes of play?

No, I have no issues hitting the left ramp even after 20-30 minutes of playing.

#8959 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

anyone having ANY flipper issues, I suggest rebuilding your flipper and use a new bushing. I think there was a batch of bushings about 1/8inch too short that went out (on Spooky, on PBL, on CGC). This causes slight to bad binding. This binding steals power form your flippers and also adds resistance for more heat over time.
Odin posted about this months ago and he was right.
I think we determined that using a classic bally style was the right height, but dont quote me on that. I just used what I had on hand and picked the one that the short side of the busing was 1/8in longer. WAY better

Funny that I didn't know this.

I bought Odin's R&M. Guess that partially explains why I don't have any issues.

#8961 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Well thats interesting. Thought he was going to die with that game.

I made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

#9008 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just figured out why my right flipper is weak. Since other folks have complained about trouble making the left ramp consistently, wanted to post what I found.
As you can see, my right flipper is sitting lower than my left flipper (which is causing some subtle binding).
Turns out, the base of my right flipper is blocked by the digital display, which is why it's not flush with the PF. This causes the flipper mech/bushing to sit too low, which is effecting the power/operation.
I'm waiting for Spooky folks to advise on the best solution. I don't feel comfortable moving the display and moving the flipper mech is a big deal.
Can't wait to get this nailed...the game is hard enough without a wonky right flipper That left ramp is steep enough...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm glad to hear that you appear to have located the issue. I was thinking about you this afternoon when I was playing my R&M and was paying more attention to my left ramp shots...I make them with such ease, the ball sometimes can really go flying up and around to the upper flipper at speed.

On another issue, when I hit the right orbit shot to the garage, the ball sometimes goes so fast through there that it skips right over the hole and comes back down. I'm sure that this happens to everyone to one degree or another, but it really seems to happen more often than I think it should. Maybe 20% of the time.

Is there anything that can be done about this? Seems like the options to fix this would be pretty limited.

#9097 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Anyone else try out the "diverter assist inner loop" setting? I turned it on and it made my inner loop shot even smoother than before! I'm very happy with the results.
[quoted image]

I always wondered about that setting. It confuses me. If in fact this setting makes the inner loop shot smoother, why would it not be a default setting? In fact, why would it even be an option? I.e., what would the advantage be to *not* turning it on?

#9109 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

By doing this, you may not be able to backhand the right ramp from the right flipper, but I never meant for that to be possible originally.

Damn Scott, you are even more evil than I thought you were.

#9122 3 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

How much is the shaker integrated into this game?
I love having the shaker on games like TNA, MET, and GB, but find it totally unnecessary on games like Deadpool and IMDN.
It’s almost time for my build sheet and I’m leaning against ordering a shaker.

I would say that if you think a shaker on DP and IMDN is totally unnecessary, you would probably feel similar about R&M. I have a shaker, and I'm glad I do, but with all the bass that this pin puts out, I have to admit I don't notice the shaker all that much.

#9152 3 years ago

Getting closer to that milestone 100 mil mark.

Crazy ass game keeps pulling me back for more.

IMG_4628 (resized).jpegIMG_4628 (resized).jpeg
#9183 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Even with the swear words disabled the game is filled with abusive call-outs from the show that I would not subject pre-teens to.

I tilted my R&M last night.

I've never been so abused in my life.

#9321 3 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

R&M 394 was picked up yesterday. Enjoying it quite a bit, but it is brutal.
[quoted image]

Congrats!

Brutal indeed. Be prepared to have your ass handed to you. Repeatedly. But eventually it will all come together, you will have a great game, and then you won't be able to stop pressing the start button over and over...

#9345 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

We are really enjoying the game since arrival last week. Been slowly working through adjustments and it finally came together with a stellar game!
[quoted image]

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just got my grand champ score! However, the computer seemed to glitch up a bit counting up megaseeds. Once they are worth 3 million or more it seems to freeze up a bit putting up your total at the end.
I immediately drained the extra ball after this.
About 50 million in love potion number 9 (finished it)!
Admittadly I've done a few modifications to my games (rail adjustments, garage shot, etc.) and increased the max times dimensions could be entered on the right orbit.

Holy hell.

Why is it that every time I get my new high score, and get excited about posting it in this thread, I am immediately humbled by new posts with high scores far exceeding mine?

Seriously though, nice scores guys! I keep getting close to the 100 million mark, but still a way to go.

Damn, I love this pin!

IMG_4631 (resized).jpegIMG_4631 (resized).jpeg
#9375 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Thanks to xfassa I got my Ship Crystals Mod!
Been recording some games today, picked out something that lasted more than 2 minutes Lol
The ship looks Great!! Love the mod it fits in very well!

Always happy to get to replay, especially when Morty is half as tanked as Rick on a Christmas night! Lol

Nice game, you were really putting some shots together, which is more impressive given how you were shooting on the fly. I think your username is appropriate!

#9376 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Another thing I did is I replaced the flipper bushings with the older Bally style as they are longer on the bottom and allow for a more accurate adjustment of the flipper while keeping the plunger centered. I have done this on several games with later Williams flippers as I think there might be variations in the brackets that hold the coils ,
[quoted image]

Quoted from o-din:

Been reading about this "flippergate" and now feel somewhat responsible. lol.
Yes, I did have to swap out the bushings to the longer Bally ones to keep them from binding. But, it was later my finding that the bushings that came with the game were probably correct and that it was perhaps the brackets that hold the coils that caused them to sit lower than they should.
Not the first time I had to do this as I have had other Williams games where I had to do the same, and others where I did not. Not sure if due to replacement flipper mechs, or slight variations in the bracketry from game to game.
And, to be clear, it was not a problem with the top of the bushing protruding through the playfield as that is the same with either bushing, but the bottom of the bushing that affects plunger alignment.

Quoted from o-din:

The more I look at the pics snaroff posted, the more I am convinced this is some kind of issue with bracket or mounting plate variations, which in some cases a different bushing can compensate.
As far as the bushing sticking too far up through the playfield, if it is the correct bushing, in this case it has to be the mounting plate itself if all playfields are the same thickness.

Quoted from snaroff:

I suspect the bracket assembly, but it's odd several of us are seeing it (guess it could be a bad batch...?). No doubt the shaved bushing might be off a tad, but I had this issue with the stock bushings as well (which are uniform).

Quoted from Whysnow:

Entirely possible and the only explanation I can come up with. The flipper bracket feet are not being bent precisely.
Seems all these issues stem from a root cause of parts manufacturing. Makes sense why we are seeing some issues across multiple game manufacturers. Also makes sense why the variances come and go with batches of parts.

So the flipper coil bracket might be the issue that some people are having. Is there any way to confirm whether a bracket is out of spec?

#9387 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I liked the lazarus off the back of the left flipper at 3:25 Lol

Indeed. I get quite a few Lazarus balls on this pin. Always have to hang in there after a drain, since you never know.

#9409 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

As far as airballs go, it seems like the obvious culprit is the large/left rivet that is in the ball path. Smaller rivets positioned closer to the flap corners would likely solve the airball problem.
[quoted image]

I'm sure that can be an issue, but another cause of airballs is having the rubber on the flipper bats positioned too low (not that you are doing this).

I had never had any airball issues to speak of. Based on the earlier discussions in this thread about the flipper bats being too high, and people placing the rubber lower on the flipper bat to compensate, I tried the same thing on mine.

Even though I did not put the rubber *that* much lower, it was enough to create massive airballs from both lower flippers. I did a test game with the glass off, and literally within the first 30 seconds of playing, a ball went flying out of the pin onto the floor. It was crazy.

I obviously put the flipper rubber back where I had it (pretty much right in the middle of the bat) and things are back to normal.

#9433 3 years ago

My R&M has crashed a couple times during the last few days. Where do I email the error log?

1 week later
#9766 3 years ago

Somehow I managed a "Double Super Skill Shot" yesterday. Didn't even know it existed! Pretty cool.

1 week later
#10009 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I thought he was referring to the stainless car/ship base that is a replacement for the stock perspex on that always breaks?
Ie: this thing:
[quoted image]
Replaces this thing:[quoted image]

Always?

Mine is still going strong, and I play the shit out of my R&M.

I bought several replacements from PBL when I placed my last order because of all the warnings about it breaking. Haven't had to use it yet.

#10017 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Wow...that's never happened to me (and I've been playing a lot). Good luck finding the issue...

Happens to me quite a bit. When the ball goes flying around the right orbit, the speed is so fast that it just goes right over the hole.

#10039 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

So ... I am about 570. My son claims this game is overhyped, not fun to play and will devalue quickly. He has played it and I have not - but will do so Thursday. He is a much better player than I am. He also claims to have insider info claiming the producers took shortcuts that limited the potential of the game.

1 week later
#10328 3 years ago
Quoted from hustle:

Has anyone tried enabling the scoop eject ball save? It doesn't seem to work, or at least not all the time. I'm running on the latest build.

I've actually been meaning to bring this up in this thread.

I tried to enable the scoop eject ball save, and it does not work on my pin either. Anyone else have this issue?

#10333 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Listening to Slam Tlit today, Ron was talking about R&M being a clunkfest. I'm still waiting on mine to be delivered so personal experience is limited, but from the gameplay I've seen streamed, it doesn't seem clunky. The Garage shot and left orbit don't look butter smooth, but the rest look good.

Actually when you hit the garage shot from the upper flipper just right, it is *extremely* smooth and satisfying! Especially if you can do it right after hitting the inner orbit shot with the same upper flipper. Light the garage with the inner loop shot first, then BAM another shot straight to the garage to start a new dimension.

It's got to be one of the most satisfying two shot combos ever.

Damn, I love this pin.

1 week later
#10557 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

My son succeeded in smashing his prior high score of 138m. I think it's safe to say the pin is dialed in now!
[quoted image]

"What the hell? What the hell in hell?!"

#10694 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

So how did you fix the flipper fallback? Curious.

I really think that you need to try and play another R&M if possible.

While I do get flipper fall back on occasion, it is pretty rare overall. It is certainly not a major issue like it appears to be with yours.

#10887 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The only time I’ve seen it happen on mine is a direct bullet-ball from the slam bumper to the flipper. I’ve never seen it happen from multiball or fast horseshoe returns. Then again, I’ve also never had a problem with flipper strength or hitting the ramps nicely. I lucked out, I guess...I dunno!

Same over here.

#10969 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This score almost doubled my prior high score...but I obviously still have a long way to go. My goal is to get to the 100 mil mark.
[quoted image]

Finally made it!

And then some...

#10971 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Amazing score! I think my high score is roughly half that...

So was mine before this game. Funny thing is that the pin seemed to be kicking my ass even harder than normal the last week, then out of the blue, this happened.

#11030 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

So whats the consensus on the butter cab option?
Those of you who ordered it, do you feel like its worth it?
Those of you who didn't order it, do you feel like you missed out?

I don't have it, but I don't know that I feel like I missed out..

But I have yet to hear from a single butter cab owner who regretted their decision either.

I would say that if ever there was cabinet artwork that would justify spending extra money on a butter cabinet, R&M is it.

1 week later
#11201 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just installed the 2 magnetic switches on the upper right loops. Like night and day - had no idea how many shots were being “missed”.
Why aren’t these used more regularly? Cost?
Included installation instructions were a little confusing but worked my way through it. If anyone else wants some more detailed instructions with photos let me know.
[quoted image]

I previously didn't think I needed these. After playing last night and paying closer attention....I need these.

Where do you order them?

#11239 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I'm too cheap to drop $70 on two switches, so I went "old school" and looked at the actual problem, which turned out to be that the factory switches were not activating until the wire blade was depressed something like 2/3 of the way down. So shots with any "air" under them were getting missed, thus slow shots would register, but fast shots from really nailing it were getting ignored.
I simply bent the wire blades so that each switch is almost activated when at rest, and the slightest contact activates it.
Haven't noticed a miss since!

This was the first thing I did when I heard about the issue. I think it improved, but they still do not register every time.

#11483 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

OK...just did some more testing. Definitely a bad bug with multi-ball mode, where balls just keep coming out (without a ball save). Just happened again. Basically Infinite Multi-ball mode that only ends when the shooter lane fills with balls.

Thanks for posting this. Prevented me from loading the updated code.

#11619 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I think a decent number of RM owners are jacking up the flipper power erroneously. The default 30 should be able to get a clean shot up the left ramp just fine - emphasis on CLEAN SHOT.

I can promise everyone that I have absolutely zero issues hitting the left ramp (with a clean shot) every single time, and my flipper power is, and has always been at, the default of 30.

Doesn't mean I make the left ramp every time, because I definitely don't. It's a somewhat difficult shot for a ramp because it's near the end of the flipper. But a lack of power is definitely not an issue. My pitch is 6.9

#11849 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

btw...I'm using this mini Vintage fan that fits nicely in the coin box location. It pumps out 105 CFM and is angled perfectly at both lower flippers.

Still too small.

I have one of these on order for my R&M.

I will be sure to post my results here.

Messages Image(2914550992) (resized).pngMessages Image(2914550992) (resized).png
#11898 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

For anyone who thinks that R&M has had its share of issues (perceived or otherwise), go over and read the recent posts on the GnR thread. The grass is not greener on any side of the pinball glass lol!

...or the Stranger Things owners thread..

#11969 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I was curious about this and now the manual really has me wondering:
"Stacking an Adventure start on the Multiball start, along with making it quite a bit easier to make progress in the Adventure, will actually combine the two ball saver times"
This never happens for me, always starts at 10s. Is this an outdated rule or a bug? It's pretty easy to stack adv+mb; were 20sec ballsavers considered too generous?

I've never seen it do this since I've owned my R&M.

1 week later
#12088 3 years ago
Quoted from 911Paramedic:

I swear that the Cromulon head says "Shook me what you got" as oppose to "Show me what you got" when entering a name for high score.
Anybody else hearing this?

Yep!

1 week later
#12253 3 years ago

I'm at about 6.9 degrees, and have zero issues hitting the left ramp with the right flipper (set at factory settings).

#12261 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I You need to nail the left ramp cleanly to make it up there but that’s how I think it should be.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Exactly.

At times I wonder how many people who complain of not being able to hit the left ramp is because they aren't hitting a clean shot? It's definitely more towards the end of the flipper more than most ramp shots that are this steep. In other words, it's not a particularly easy ramp shot, but it's very makable when hit correctly, and unless there is some type of issue with a flipper binding up etc, there is no issue of being enough power.

#12274 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I'm not that terrible at pinball, so the issue for me isn't accuracy alone.
It's very clear when that ball goes up the ramp that it doesn't have a lot of power behind it.
I couldn't bother setting up a stand to take a video tonight, bit I did shoot this playing one handed.
This is exactly how 95% of my shots to the left ramp go. I don't know if it's the flipper switch, the flipper itself, or what. I know flipper flutter when balls come off the pop, so something isn't right here.
I've checked all switch games, bushings, etc. Everything seems fine. Only weird thing is that the flipper seems high is respect to the ball, but thought I read somewhere that it has to do with Spooky using a thinner pf?!?!
But the game isn't playable because I can't make that shot and start adventures.
Waited almost a year and half for this game, and pretty bummed that it's like this.

To be honest, I can't tell much of anything from this video since I can't see the flipper and where on the flipper the ball was hit, whether it was from a cradle or on the fly, etc.

#12283 3 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Wonder how many folks were getting the shakes not being able to post for 5 days....

That's weird. I was able to post quite a bit. Not like Pinside is the only place to post about pinball in general or R&M in particular.

#12384 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I would have zero issue paying for further code in Rick and Morty. Would happily do that to keep new adventures coming. Would even pay a subscription service for it. The more adventure modes the better.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Do we know if any of the new season stuff can ever appear in the game? I’m all for paying for additional content once they finish with whatever they planned to do. People could pay $100 per mode, if half of the owners paid for it to support spooky that would be $37,500 in revenue for spooky. Given what people pay for toppers (that we got free) that seems completely reasonable.

#12385 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Let it be known that if you are an advocate for paid DLC on an $8000 machine, you are my mortal enemy & you can kindly go F yourself.
Stop...just....stop. This isn't a free app or a $60 video game. It's a pinball machine, that SHOULD come code complete, but we buy them before they are and are guinea pigs for code & rules. Anything else that goes into the code, we've paid for already. Period.

Damn right.

Yet the post saying this is a good idea actually got 5 thumbs up. WTF?

#12387 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yeah, and you know, they could call it code complete *today*, considering it now has everything one would expect in a pinball ruleset. But there's still tons of content from the series that COULD be included.
I don't expect Spooky to continually pump out pinball code for free. Anything beyond a standard ruleset is bonus, and if DLC fees would encourage them to make even more modes, I have no problem with that.

That's a very slippery slope there isn't it.

I want zero part of anything like this. It can also encourage companies to put in just a couple of modes, then say "if you want more than 2 modes, you gotta pony up more money, that $9k you paid just isn't enough "motivation" for us."

No thanks.

Worst. Idea. Ever.

#12395 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Stern already slipped down that slope with Munsters and it didn't work out too well. Spooky is well beyond it.
The game has 9 normal modes, a mini-wiz mode (pickle rick), a main wiz mode, a main multiball, a quick multiball with associated multiplier mode, along with a few dozen dimensions to combine with the modes, each with its own sound/light/scoring changes. Also a mystery award and a magnasave to round things out.
The game is basially complete. Would you be happy if Spooky announced the code is done and they're moving on to the next game? Or would you like to see even more modes?
Again, anything beyond a normal ruleset is bonus. If Spooky wants to give us more modes for free, that's awesome of them, but I don't expect it.

You say all of this as though it's really this simple. IT'S NOT.

Do you understand the concept of a slippery slope, and what it would mean once you head down this path? Do you seriously not understand how this would impact future games?

Who gets to decide when a game is done, and what constitutes "anything beyond a normal ruleset" (to use your words)? Hint: it ain't the consumer!

Enough with this terrible idea.

#12402 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yes I do and I disagree with your doom and gloom predictions. That simple.

Doom and gloom?

More like a reality check. That simple.

1 week later
#12797 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

epthegeek - I think I have another new bug to report. I still am not sure if this is the right place to report these, so I will also send this info to your email which I think is in this thread somewhere. Also, I am not sure if debug logs help at all when the game doesn't crash.
Summary:
During gromofolite MB, the scoop switch becomes inoperative and the scoop stops ejecting. There is no ball search and the game essentially is stuck.

I've had this happen too. I thought that my scoop coil went bad at first.

#12863 2 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Is there any better way to start a game of pinball other than having Rick say "Let's roll mother#$%&*!"?

Along the same line: "Extra Ball, mother#%@!"

2 weeks later
#13521 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Speaking of flippers, my machine came from the factory with black flipper bats and rubbers. I feel like most come with white?
[quoted image]

I'd love to know the story behind Spooky putting the black flipper bats and rubber on your game.

#13594 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

FINALLY played one that was dialed in almost perfectly. This game is great. I was laughing so much and I know nothing about the show. That Swifty mode is great. Same for the Roy one I think is the name.
Loved going for mega seeds and stacking with MB and a mode and dimensions. Very very addicting. Can’t wait to play again.

Chuck, I love my SThLE probably about as much as you do.

But it ain’t no R&M!

1 week later
#13803 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My feedback on yours is this...since it covers the bezel and looks like it sits above the PF slightly, I'd expect your solution to alter the ball path more than the Mantis protector (which sits below the wood bezel). Sometimes the ball flies up into the garage and it looks like your protector might cause the ball to go airborne.
Yours does look nice and in theory looks easy to install. I'd also be concerned about your protector moving and having to be adjusted every so often.

First thing that I thought of when I saw the lip sitting over the bezel. Otherwise this looks like a nice alternative, as I actually like the appearance better than the metal version.

4 weeks later
#14524 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You have to turn off the game restart ability. It's just as likely that a crap game will have an amazing 3rd ball, but you'll never see it.

Faulty logic.

If you restarted the game, that "amazing 3rd ball" would have been your 1st ball instead.

#14527 2 years ago

Speaking of faulty logic... are you saying that ball outcomes are predetermined?

He was saying that, and based on that presumption, it would be ball 1 instead of ball 3.

#14529 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The triumph of turning a crap game completely around on the last ball is way more satisfying than having a great first ball and having the game end badly with two terrible balls.
My advice remains the same. Turn off the restart.

I definitely agree with you there.

If I am by myself playing, I tell myself that I am in a tournament and that the pressure is on to pull out a great ball 3 after having two crap balls to start, and that I advance to the next round if I do so.

Sometimes I also fantasize about being the lead singer in a rock band.

#14533 2 years ago

But to claim that the ball you would have had as ball 2 or 3 is the same one you will have as ball 1 after a restart is silly.

No more silly than to say that "It's just as likely that a crap game will have an amazing 3rd ball, but you'll never see it."

#14537 2 years ago

I will never understand those who think the object of pinball is to have one good ball.

Who said that?

#14543 2 years ago
Quoted from jguzik420:

Are we still talking pinball?

#14659 2 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Sent Spooky an email they responded very quickly and they are sending me a new dick.

Spooky Pinball continues to impress.

I believe it is safe to say that they are the first pinball company to send a customer a new dick.

#14736 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

He quit posting on here because of the jackaninnies. But I’m sure he’s still crushing R&M code

He posted today, just not in this thread.

1 week later
#14950 2 years ago

With Halloween and Ultraman being released (I am in on Ultraman CE), how long will it be until we see another pin designed by @TheNoTrashCougar?

1 week later
#15106 2 years ago

This is like when my ideas for WOZ were dismissed out of hand all over again. Dunno why I bother.

We don't know why you bother either. But please stop.

Eric finally starts posting here again, and he is immediately greeted with you hounding his ass. Well done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.