(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pmppk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7532 3 years ago

This would make a great beverage to serve at any get togethers people may have to welcome their new games. You know. If not for COVID.
Pickle Rick Miracle Seltzer: https://miracleseltzer.com/pages/pickle-rick

Someone mentioned it a ways back, but the link was broken.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 weeks later
#8330 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The butter decals are slightly crimped on the left sides.

Butter decals? Isn't the butter artwork supposed to be directly printed onto the wood, meaning no decals at all?

2 weeks later
#8997 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

#423 Build sheet received and returned Monday Nov 30th, invoiced right at the end if the day Dec 3rd, paid immediately. Shipped Monday Dec 14th, scheduled to land Thursday the 17th.

Seems like butter cabinets are held up a bit? Still haven't been invoiced yet for one in the 380's with a build sheet submitted Nov 12th.

3 weeks later
#9670 3 years ago

Anyone hear any word about when the next batch of games with butter cabs will hit the line?

2 weeks later
#10058 3 years ago

Does anyone happen to have a link to download an older version of a public release of the code?

#10086 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I too am looking for a older code. We picked up a very early game and the new code is not loading. even with trying twice.
Tried all sort of different usb drives.
Game just says update required.
Magicchiz

I finally got the update to work with the current code using the fourth USB drive I tried.

#10108 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I just don't understand why anyone would want to go backwards. There have been significant fixes in every public release thus far.

After spending two hours stuck at a blank screen with a flashing cursor in the top left corner due to repeated attempts to update from the 2020.10.12 build to the current code using multiple USB drives, the next logical troubleshooting step would have been to attempt to reinstall the previous version.

Luckily I remembered I had a fifth (seriously) USB drive to try that I had been using in my car to play music, and this drive finally succeeded at installing the latest code.

If there is any way to have these updates fail with an error message instead of appearing to succeed and leaving the game unplayable, it would be super helpful.

#10122 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If you ask me the main problem is it shouldn't be rocket science and have to order a specific USB stick from a galaxy far away to update a game. Why do pinball manufacturers seem to have more of an issue with this than any other device that uses USB?

Agreed, but that seems to be the world we live in. The problem would not be as potentially catastrophic if the machine could somehow test the integrity of an installation and determine that it would fail before erasing the old code, instead of pretending that the update succeeded and asking the user to power cycle only to find that the machine will no longer boot.

In any case, the ability to download code from the internet and update machines without having to burn (or pay someone to burn) rom chips is still a huge advancement.

Quoted from mrbillishere:

That last bit is sage advice. I (we?) have been dealing with this ever since Stern gave us the ability to flash code via USB and dealing with it is just part of the penalty we pay for these luxury toys.
I literally have a bag of different ones marked with the type of machine they work on. You just never know what'll work, be it a tradeshow POS freebie or one you bought at BB for thirty bucks, there seems to be no rhyme nor reason.
I was going to post links to ones I know are reliable but sadly (at least on Amazon) they're NLA because the world has moved far beyond 8GB flash drives. Folks may do best to see what's available at their local supermarket as they tend to have older stock sometimes. If it helps, I'm having great success with Patriot and Transcend.

Truly. I was even at one point last night repartitioning larger drives to a single < 8GB partition. Go figure, the one that ended up working for me was 128Gb and I didn't even have to remove the music files that were already stored on it, let alone reformat.

#10155 3 years ago
Quoted from macethetemplar:

To everyone having issues with the update USB....
The issue is not with the USB stick (unless it is inoperable) it is with the way it is formatted. They need to be formatted to FAT32 and that is no easy task if you do not understand disk formatting. FAT32 was never meant for large amounts of storage and is a very old format. FAT32 was never meant for large amounts of storage and is a very old format. The easiest solution is to use a program called guiformat on a windows computer. If you have an apple it's going to be easier to find someone with a windows you can use.

I hope these instructions are helpful to somebody, but I assure you that I fully understand disk formatting (and partitioning) and that all of the drives that failed to install the update for me were formatted as FAT32.

They were originally formatted by a Mac but of course I also tried reformatting them using Windows.

I can confidently say that the filesystem format is not the only factor that can cause an update from a particular drive to fail.

4 weeks later
#10989 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Right, it’s really subtle & clearly unintentional. Like a ghosting LED effect. Next time your shaker is going off, look at your topper. Or try the shaker in the coil test and let me know if you see anything.

I always notice the topper flashers very dimly lighting up when the shaker goes off during the match sequence after a game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 13,500.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pmppk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=pmppk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.