(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstym.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#427 4 years ago

Apologies if this was suggested previously, but it seems like it'd be so much cooler if when the ball drains from the pop bumper, it came right back into play from above the left inlane where that ball is being staged.

Maybe keep it like it is for the first time you get a pop bumper save, but how many times do you want to wait for the ball up the shooter lane? And watch the ball save vid?

Just zip me the ball back right down there.

#431 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

how would you stage the next ball in the scoop? currently, when you hit the garage the ball being staged is released and the one from the garage becomes the staged ball for the next time.

Oh, I have no idea how you'd do it, I'm just saying it'd be pretty fucking cool.

6 months later
#5190 3 years ago

Did Spooky get approval to put Scary Terry in the game?

2 weeks later
#5600 3 years ago

2 balls locked. Just the little snippet of the 2 balls actually being enclosed.

1 month later
#7321 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I didn’t see the topper in the indexed options post. Is that selectable with other options?
If so, what’s the price?

It comes free with the game.

1 week later
#7688 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I like them, also, I don’t want to see random, want to have to earn the new/good stuff, make me work for it so when I get there I feel an accomplishment in the game and go wow, cool, something I haven’t seen

Settings in the game would be cool. Everyone can play how they want. Lots of people will never see more than a few if it's rigid.

#7712 3 years ago

There are really 25 dimensions in the game right now?

Had friends over Saturday and played for a few hours. I remember fart, scream, no ramps. Maybe one or two more? Was drinking.

We don't suck either. We all had games around 10m.

Please don't worry about punishing less skilled players at my house.

#7720 3 years ago

I could play this all night and never even think of hitting the magna save till the ball is already dropping in the outhole and Rick is calling me a piece of shit.

#7739 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

There are really 25 dimensions in the game right now?
Had friends over Saturday and played for a few hours. I remember fart, scream, no ramps. Maybe one or two more? Was drinking.
We don't suck either. We all had games around 10m.
Please don't worry about punishing less skilled players at my house.

Played a while last night (not drinking) and realized there were more dimensions we got to see on Saturday than I remembered.

Someone asked about resets. Pretty sure the game reset itself at least twice over a few hours play on Saturday. We also had to turn it off/on at least 2 different times to reset it because the balls in play were just ending for no reason.

Overall, extremely happy with the game. Once the reset bugs are worked out, it will be 100% killer.

#7742 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

I am a vote for leaving dimensions as-is.
There should be things that you only get to see in a good game, things that you need to earn and play well to obtain.
Not everyone will battle the King of Payne on Medieval, or attack Mars on AFM, so what? That doesn’t mean those modes should just be thrown at you if you change a setting.
If you must have the OPTION, then take the option to close up the outlanes and put long ass flippers on your game so you can’t drain.
That sounds better than trying to force change to the way that the game was intended, if the programmer wants it that way.

I don't agree with your comparisons.

Totally understand if things stay the way they are because the programmer wants it that way, but he has been swayed before. Can't hurt to ask. There are many default settings that can be changed in the game.

I'm going to be okay if he doesn't put in the option. If he adds it, I'd probably use it if friends are coming over to check out the game. I think getting to see more of the game would add more wow factor.

If dimensions are to be treated as mini wizard modes, then disregard everything I'm trying to say.

#7761 3 years ago

Anyone else click on that ad at the bottom of the page for the fart start button?

If you do, check out the overhead shot. Looks like they might be able to make a ball fondler mod with it as well.

#7827 3 years ago

Both sides of this "option" deal are way overreacting.

No one wants to change how you play your game. Weird that some care very much how others think they might enjoy playing their game more.

Erik spoke on it. I get it and ain't gonna bother the guy about it. I just don't get options hate.

$8k+ and they're still working on the code. What's wrong with asking for whatever? Seriously. Chillax.

#8025 3 years ago

Too funny. I just realized that while I'm ripping the spinner almost at will, I'm not getting what's lit. Had extra ball lit for the first time. Hit loop 3 times.

I believe I've seen a post or 2 some time ago about the need to adjust the switch that's right after the spinner. Maybe loosen the switch and actually move it a little and tighten back up? I don't think it's in the key posts.

#8145 3 years ago

Hopefully removed in an upcoming update... "2 adventures left, we can do this!" along with other call outs like that after ball 3 drains.

#8155 3 years ago

Just had my best game yet. Got to pick my adventure for the first time as well.

Start button is like crack.

Screenshot_20201127-221245_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201127-221245_Gallery (resized).jpg
#8169 3 years ago

All the pics you guys are posting of pf adjustments are awesome. Seriously helpful. It would be even more awesome if someone made a video. Showing and explaining exactly what you are adjusting and why. Showing how easy or hard it is to get to here and there. How to remove the ramps and the house. What plastic is breaking under the spaceship, and what you loosen to try to keep it from breaking.

Pics and words are great. Vids are better. The go-to-all-tweak video.

I've removed the right ramp to adjust the feed to the upper flipper, and I adjusted my lower left flipper that was wonky out of the box, but I'm waiting for detailed vids before I get crazy.

#8306 3 years ago

If you get a really good stack going with an adventure/good dimension/multi ball you can BLOW up a score if you're getting seeds while doing it

Agree. I got 63m the other night, and all I really understand is try to collect Meeseeks and megaseeds. Have no idea about strategies yet. Hit the lit shots. So it only happened because I just happened to stack whatever without a clue. I do take credit for keeping the ball alive.

#8354 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Ok I know this has been discussed before but I don't see it in the key posts... can someone tell me the total height of the topper from the top of the backbox? I glossed over this before as I was going to put it in a room with a high ceiling but now may put it somewhere else.
I do know you can drill a hole in the mount to lower the disk if needed but I'm not sure by how much... I figure maybe an inch or so (to be safe).
Thx!

I have 7' in my basement. The topper is a few inches over 7 feet. Lowering the disc doesn't help because you can't lower the Rick and Morty plastic. Luckily I do not have a ceiling in some spots.

Screenshot_20201201-122041_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201201-122041_Gallery (resized).jpg
#8379 3 years ago

Fart Dimension. Are the farts real? Is there a mix of real and fake? What's the ratio?

If there are real farts, I'd like some sort of fart credit screen. Maybe play each and every fart individually and have fart owner names scroll along with them.

Thank you.

#8389 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The farts are 100% Jack Danger.

That's some great fart acting. I think I could do that, but then I wonder, could I fart under pressure? I'd definitely need a good spit guard.

Maybe some day when things settle down code wise, we can have our own farts inserted into the game. I'd pay $100 bucks easy to have my very own fart in there. I can see and hear it now... first fart of the dimension... hey guys, that's me.

To dream.

#8452 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There are hundreds of fart effects already available in pro sound FX libraries. Once you work with the FX libraries, you start to recognize specific FX the sound mixers for movies and TV shows are too lazy to pitch or change so they're not stock. Here's some from Hollywood Edge (I added to an internet gif for demonstration purposes)...

It's surprising how little Science knows about farts:
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20160331-why-we-need-a-better-way-to-measure-farts

I came across this in my quest to find the best technique for recording farts.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIQ7596JvEo/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

But I'm thinking just some Split Pea soup and a microphone.

#8459 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

I have been following this tread for awhile now and thinking about picking mine up from Spooky (I'm close to the end of the run so maybe I can get a tour and get some swag if Covid dies down by then). Its about a 8hr drive one way. I have done worse in the 90's for that 'rare' game. I have a 2017 outback and the newer sterns dont fit well, I have to ride with the hatch open about a foot. TNA fit, but it was close.
What is the average price for shipping anyways?

Shipping was $275 for my R+M from Spooky through RL Carriers.

#8506 3 years ago

Is there a quick and easy way to explain how you do the blank usb thing so one can send Erik the log? I'm totally into trying to help if something weird pops up while I'm playing.

Thanks.

#8513 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Turn off the game. Open the back box. Put a usb sick in one of the slots on the motherboard. Turn on the game. It will write a log file to that stick. When done take it to your pc and grab the log from the stick and post it to Dropbox or email to Eric or whatever.

Very cool. Thanks.

#8559 3 years ago

When you are in Whirly Dirly, and Rick is fucking with you to just make the fucking right ramp, and you end up making the right ramp like 1 second late, he should say some shit like You JUUUST. Fuckin. Missed.
Yeah.

Screenshot_20201205-202927_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201205-202927_Gallery (resized).jpg
#8881 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Since updating to the latest code, my portal ball eject behavior has changed. Before the update, as soon as the ball entered the portal, it would eject the ball waiting in the Portal trough. Now, the ball enters the portal, travels down the trough, and then the ball waiting ahead of it is ejected.
Are other folks seeing this? If not, I guess something could need tweaking on my machine?

I have experienced this at least once since updating. Never before the update.

I am dealing with a maddening issue for about a week now (prior code and new code) where almost every ball in play is ending with a phantom drain. Ball is rolling around the playfield, flippers die, bonus added. Next ball begins and most of the time a second ball is autoplunged into play. Like the machine has lost count.

Seems like a simple trough switch issue, but I can't figure it out. Everything looks good, switch test while pounding on the pf shows nothing. I even turned the shaker off, reseated the trough connector, and added new balls.

Maybe my issue has something to do with that 2nd trough that gets fed from the garage? Hopefully I get it figured out soon.

#8913 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I got the code working with a different USB stick. Thanks.
I’m just sorry because I forgot to check my audits before they got erased.
Only issue is the ball shooter is not as strong and needs 2-3 times to eject. I upped the power and it’s working better.
So glad it’s got more modes but curious why Rick potion is locked out until 10 modes is that because it’s the wizard mode? I like to start with a blank card so I’ll never see it unless I bump the starting number up higher. I’m just curious why that mode is locked out from the normal rotation.

Eric said it's not a normal mode. It's pretty much the wizard mode. Pretty simple.

#8917 3 years ago
Quoted from CWiehler:

Does anyone else find themselves tapping the magnasave button area on their other games now?

Haven't played any of my other games since I got this, but I do occasionally find myself tapping magnasave when the ball is draining on the left.

#9010 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I have experienced this at least once since updating. Never before the update.
I am dealing with a maddening issue for about a week now (prior code and new code) where almost every ball in play is ending with a phantom drain. Ball is rolling around the playfield, flippers die, bonus added. Next ball begins and most of the time a second ball is autoplunged into play. Like the machine has lost count.
Seems like a simple trough switch issue, but I can't figure it out. Everything looks good, switch test while pounding on the pf shows nothing. I even turned the shaker off, reseated the trough connector, and added new balls.
Maybe my issue has something to do with that 2nd trough that gets fed from the garage? Hopefully I get it figured out soon.

My problem appears to have been the connector was loose for the top left opto in the ship/lock. Reseated and played around 2 hours issue free tonight.

Love this game.

#9041 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

In any case, this "flipper-bushing gate" issue isn't the reason the original poster can't make his left ramp consistently. I have no issues on my game and i have the same bushings as everybody else.

Agree, and knock on wood. 2 hours playing last night and making ramp shots was no issue. Factory settings on flipper power.

2 weeks later
#9484 3 years ago

Is there a way to turn off the mech that shakes the spaceship? I do not need it to shake, especially if it might break.

#9644 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Is there an easy way to tell which display you have?
[quoted image]

Was thinking the same thing. Looks like one needs to remove the display to see which model it is?

I thought mine was a little washed out straight out of the box. I changed my settings to what was suggested in a key post here. We think the display looks fantastic now. I'm 6' tall if that matters.

Can't imagine switching it out. I do totally understand people who want to go nuts/want the best they can get.

20210104_190701 (resized).jpg20210104_190701 (resized).jpg
#9680 3 years ago

It's time for me to read some rules. I'm sucking big time. I'm reading the new update and thinking, bad Meeseeks? Time to stop just trying to hit lit shots.

#9693 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Using the flippers on this game makes my room lights flicker more than any other game ever has.
Enough so that I would like to be able to do something about it. It's really distracting. Plus I have to think it's making coils weaker during multiballs, etc, dragging down the line voltage.
I have a big 'ol Best UPS that I could use, just needs a new battery, bet that'd smooth things out.
But that would be a hundred pound bandaid. Maybe a big capacitor on the game's high voltage line?
But maybe it's partly my cheap LED floodlights, they do weird things like glow dimly when the circuit is supposed to be off (on dimmer circuits), so maybe they're sensitive so slight variations in line voltage too. I just never had a problem with it before getting R&M...
Any ideas, opinions or similar complaints?

I think I'm up to 70 games in and out of my basement since 2003 and none of those games ever caused an issue with my basement lights. Lights are on their own circuit breaker.

We had a bathroom put in down there about 5 years ago and the guy put the bathroom lights on the same line with the pump. Every time that pump goes off, the bathroom lights flicker. Super annoying. Will have it corrected next time we have something essential enough to need an electrician.

3 weeks later
#10358 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Have you checked (and re-seated) the connections and run through the switch tests?

Agree.

Lift the playfield and just push on all the connections around the horseshoe if you can't trace the horseshoe optos to where they plug in.

I had an opto issue (after the game played fine for the first few weeks) and that's what I did. Hopefully it's that simple.

1 week later
#10663 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What I have had issues with are the switches themselves and the balls getting stuck on the wires.

I had this problem with the switch for the right orbit up in the corner. Worked fine out of the box, but then it started to bend getting hit by the ball. I think maybe it was sitting too high? Took some adjusting, but got it nice and smooth again.

I also felt like I was making the inner loop/skill shot (spinner loop) and it wasn't registering more than it was registering.

Even though all my original switches worked fine in switch test rolling the ball over them, I ordered 4 magnetic reed switches from M&M Creations and swapped out all 4 switches up in the loop areas.

Swapped them this past weekend and couldn't be happier. Super easy to install. Thanks to M&M for making these, and thanks to the owners who mentioned this product here in the thread. Will be looking for places to add these switches in my other games.

20210208_100015 (resized).jpg20210208_100015 (resized).jpg20210208_100130 (resized).jpg20210208_100130 (resized).jpg
#10665 3 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

I added these to the outer orbit and love them too. Interesting that you put one on the inner loop. I'm getting occasional airballs off of a switch that's sitting too high... rather than adjust the one that's there, I might throw one of these in. Good idea!

Yeah. I'm done with adjusting.

#10668 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

How much was it for 4 switches?

$35 each switch I think.

#10695 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I really think that you need to try and play another R&M if possible.
While I do get flipper fall back on occasion, it is pretty rare overall. It is certainly not a major issue like it appears to be with yours.

I was thinking the same thing. I need to pay attention more. Maybe it happens to my left flipper sometimes with a quick hard shot from the pop bumper? Definitely nothing that makes me want to pick up the phone and call Spooky about.

All my flipper settings untouched from however it shipped.

I'm also looking for a reason to order those coil fans, but I'm not having issues so far. Pretty much just myself playing the game though.

#10714 3 years ago

I grabbed a bunch of Rick and Morty stuff back when Toys R Us went under. Totally forgot about it till my kid found some pieces.

I normally wouldn't want anything Lego looking on the pf, but I think this kinda works with the Snowball robot deal. Kit came with a free/unadvertised mini plumbus too.

Looks like these are still available pretty cheap online if anyone is interested.

I just sat it in that spot for pics. Not sure yet if I'll stick it anywhere on the pf.

Apologies if this is has been posted previously.

Screenshot_20210211-123000_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210211-123000_Gallery (resized).jpg20210208_095959 (resized).jpg20210208_095959 (resized).jpg20210208_131406 (resized).jpg20210208_131406 (resized).jpg

#10780 3 years ago
Quoted from sthippie:I've been eyeing that set to grab the snowball piece. i'm happy to see it fits under the glass

You have to put Snowball together. A million tiny pieces... okay, maybe like 20 pieces.

#10976 3 years ago

How come I never win a Mexican Armada?
It's all I want.

#11085 3 years ago

So I'm thinking less than 200 to build if you figure some higher numbers went overseas earlier. Spooky, how many left? When are you announcing The EVIL DEAD?

Metallica LE with colorDMD and Dirty Donny painted Sparky for sale in central nj if it's Evil Dead. Just a heads-up.

#11185 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've corresponded with Scott on many issues privately...he is always gracious and helpful.
I don't need to ask Scott about what I already know/feel from playing JP2 and R&M.

Wrong again. I don't need you to tell me how I feel! See ya later!

I realize you've been into pinball a long time, and you know what you know. You feel what you feel. That's cool. But you're sounding very Jerry about this.

I've also been into this a long time. Since 2003. I've definitely heard designers and podcasters talking about the sweet spot.

I've definitely heard Scott say, and I think it was before the game was even released, that he made the main shots (like ramps) to purposefully NOT be in the sweet spots on the flippers.

Metallica ramps are sweet spot. Combos all day long. R&M, no such thing. My sweet spot trying to hit the right ramp is the post just to the left of the entrance to the right orbit.

This sweet spot stuff wasn't just made up by the guy you poo pooed.

EDIT: I do not disagree with all your flipper problems making it even worse.

#11188 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I don't know what "sounding very Jerry" means, but I guess you are insulting me? That's ok...I can take it
To be honest, I rarely listen to podcasts with pinball designers, so what folks say about "sweet spots" means little to me.
From my perspective, it's simply about shot difficulty. GEM on TRON is arguably a tough shot. The toughest shots on my R&M is the left garage and left ramp. The right ramp is open/easy (from the left flipper) and the loops are also pretty easy (inner and horseshoe). Assuming the scoop is lowered, it is also an "easy" shot. So, for me, if a shot is fairly easy, it implies I've found the "sweet spot" to make the shot...
Both JP2 and R&M are masterpieces in my mind (and I've owned a lot of games). The main point I was making is the build & engineering that makes up R&M I believe contributes to the difficulty. Since every game is different, I'm talking about MY game.

Ok.

#11350 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I’ve never had one issue on mine and there’s 800+ Games on my machine.
Hope I didn’t just jinx it.

+1

#11364 3 years ago

Stopped in Barnes and Noble today. They had Rick and Morty Monopoly. Grabbed it.

Just stole a picture from the Monopoly owners thread. Might be cool to try and do what this guy did on his Monopoly.

I think I like the Flooble Cranks everywhere idea better. Came with a shit load of Gooble boxes too.

Just heard my new favorite call out. Ball drained down the middle with time still on the ball save and Scary Terry said "hiding in the ball trough, bitch?"
LOVE.

20210302_182040 (resized).jpg20210302_182040 (resized).jpg20210302_183151 (resized).jpg20210302_183151 (resized).jpg20210302_183142 (resized).jpg20210302_183142 (resized).jpg297cf29ea90dcfeac490fa49056b363d6ed9f24a (resized).jpg297cf29ea90dcfeac490fa49056b363d6ed9f24a (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210302-190034_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210302-190034_Gallery (resized).jpg
#11497 3 years ago

Shit is getting weird.

I'm still running the December update. Always had a little flipper knock down, but everything else is sweet. Never messed with eos switches, flipper power settings, or ball launch power settings.

Will not consider updating code till shit is definitely figured out, or I hear that I can win a Mexican Armada.

1 week later
#11846 3 years ago

How crazy would it be to just start a thread for R&M flipper discussion? Heat probes, fans, all that stuff.

Make a post here with a link. Make it a key post. All the really intelligent people can go there and continue their hard work.

Modders have made their own R&M threads, and other games have threads for bugs and issues.

Why not? People will find it if they have issues.
Please?

2 weeks later
#12163 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Not kidding here, that was EXACTLY what I was doing too (except was going to put the wife's name in). But I was probably somewhere around 8 or 9 fondles when Morty suddenly yelled "Oh yeah" and then a second ball was launched. Nothing on the screen to indicate any type of multiball.

I was having an issue similar to this a few weeks after I got my game. Turned out an opto connector was loose under the pf.

#12251 2 years ago

What angle is the game at with all the levelers screwed all the way in so that the back and front are as low as it gets? Is it in the manual?

New Sterns and Data East are/were at 6.5 with levelers all screwed in, right?

Are the leg holes in the cabinet in the same position as Stern games?

Not at home to check. Just wondering out loud.

2 weeks later
#12621 2 years ago

Flippers and pop bumper totally suck after the update. Were perfect before. In case anyone gives a crap.

1 week later
#13016 2 years ago

I totally understand if you're aggravated that you have to lift the pf ONE MORE TIME to adjust your EOS switches. That was me.

EOS adjusted and on new default. Very happy.

#13193 2 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Yea standards have a topper
Here's my standard #192
They sent purple legs by mistake, I don't mind[quoted image][quoted image]

The black looks bad ass.

3 weeks later
#13960 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

That's actually one thing I was thinking about yesterday. Aside from my right flipper to left ramp shot, everything plays very strong. If lowering the bushings increases the shock power, there would probably be some sort of adjustment needed.
If anything, I guess Spooky could create a flipper profile for "original" or "lowered" bushings, and then allow us to tweak itlf necessary.
I'm not afraid to get under a game and work on it, and even I don't want to have to replace the bushings because it's a pain in the ass.
I think if your spacer idea effectively does the same thing, this is a much better approach for Spooky, especially considering they seem to be having issues with whatever manufacturer they're working with on the bushings.
This is a fix that is already available, and they can make customers happier quicker.
Let's see what they do.

I'm pretty sure they're going to send new bushings to each customer who has asked for them after they receive a satisfactory bushing from the company making them.

I seriously doubt they're going to purchase possibly hundreds of $45 mods... and have to deal with all the people who install them wrong or have some other problem with the mod.

#13971 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Why would they pay $45?
First off, if they wanted to do it, they could just "borrow" the design. I mean, in the perfect world, they would give some sort of monetary credit for having someone come up with this. but as you see on the post above, it's not like there's only one way to do this.
And we know Spooky has a 3D printer, so why not have this as an option for people that might prefer it due to simplicity.
The argument that it's a bandaid is nonsense. It achieves the EXACT same result as lowering your bushings. If you print is PETG, it won
t break, and you'll get the same identical flipper height as you would swapping bushings.
You can't only think about yourself and your ideal solution. Consider someone who has this game that won't want to completely take apart there assembly and replace the bushings. This is why is makes sense for Spooky to jump on this quick and easy fix, even if it's an Option B.

You got it all figured out.

I bought the mod for $45. I'm hardly finding the time to play the game, so I'm into grabbing the easiest solution for whatever issue. That's why I bought the MRS for my switches up in the loops.

I'm not looking to argue with you. They stated they are sending new bushings when they get them. You can pretend like you know the cost to spooky, that everyone who gets the mod will know how to install it, and that the mod won't cause some unforeseen issue(s) that customers will demand another fix for.

Maybe Spooky will do exactly what you want if you keep posting about it and take over the thread? Thanks and Good luck.

#13982 2 years ago
Quoted from Beamer2007:

When the adventure selector randomly makes a selection, What is 'Real fake doors'? I always see this on the list, but has never been chosen...??
thanks...

It's the Spanish Armada of Adventures.

3 weeks later
#14620 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Does anyone have a link to a guide on how to rebuild flippers to put in these new bushings? Also im guessing when rebuilding them the best alignmennt is using a straight edge to have them directly in line with the ball guides not the holes?

This seems pretty informative. Apologies if a link to this is in the Vids guide link already provided.

Watch "Flipper Assembly Basics" on YouTube

1 week later
#14786 2 years ago

I used the X spacers. I realize the new bushings are the correct part to use. Game playing fantastic with the lowered flippers.

Thanks to snaroff for bringing up the flipper height. I had no idea.

Thanks to Aniraf for making an easy to install alternative that might turn out to be more than just a temporary fix.

To everyone who installed the x spacers, PLEASE leave yourself (or the potential future owner of your game) a warning note about the longer screws you used with the spacers. Do it now. Someone is going to switch to shorter bushings with longer screws and go through the pf. Don't be that someone.

2 weeks later
#15149 2 years ago

I thought I saw an options setting in the service menu.
No poof
Small poof
Big poof.

3 months later
#16274 2 years ago

Just got my high score, bitches.

Still haven't adjusted garage shot or inner loop. Feels like I make or miss those shots as much as any other shot.

Love this game. Oh, I'm not on newest code either. I should do that now.

20211029_190601 (resized).jpg20211029_190601 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#16474 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Hey guys so I made today a bunch of games and noticed following behavoir with my R&M:
1. Ball save during multiball
In the 3 Ball Multiball I lost one ball after a few seconds. During the ballsave period of 10 seconds it came back. All fine... But while the new ball was in shooterlane a second ball was lost during the Multiball in the ball save period (2 seconds before it was over)... These ball wasn't not served again. I only had a two ball Multiball, but the balls were lost during the ballsave timer period... Is this normal ?
2. Ball launch
During the gameplay the ball launch is not consist. In the Multiball (see point one) it needs 2-3 trys to get the second ball up to the launch rail... No idea how I can fix it.
3. Scoop STDM
Sometime my scoop fires the ball not on the right flipper or the tip of the right flipper - the ball goes STDM.
Is there a known fix for?
Thank you guys.

1) I'm pretty sure I read in here somewhere that if you drain too many balls during multiball, you won't get balls back, even if there is time left on the ball save.

#16479 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Nope. There's a limit to the number of saves you get in multiball. If you drain 3 with only 1 save left you only get one back. And no, there isn't any good visual indication of how many are left, before you ask.

I haven't been able to re-create this, so I'm still not sure exactly what goes on (but it's not reversing the digits). If anybody notices a solid cause, let me know. Beyond that I just keep making guesses at what it might be.

1 month later
#16732 2 years ago

Well, if you ever feel like revamping, here's the coolest thing that could happen for me, as 99% of games played on my machine are by me during this covid mess.

If there was a setting option called "no repeats" or something, located in the menu with the tournament on/off section possibly, I'd play that option all the time. While the game is powered on and in that setting, one doesn't see a repeat of a mode until they've all been played. Same for dimensions. Can still be random order till they've all cycled through.

Apologies if that sounds really stupid. Without my thinking too deep, it just seems like something I'd want to do when I'm hanging out drinking a few beers. Hardly any repeats for a bunch of games when I get a chance to play for a while.

Love the game as is. Thanks for all the work you put into it.

3 months later
#17410 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I got so excited when I finally qualified for Rick Potion 9 that I excidently selected Blood Dome…the one and only time I made it that far…

Brutal.

#17480 1 year ago

Here you go. R&M 2.0 Left Handed Jerry Edition.

Includes all the Snake Jazz, Slut Dragons, and Cum Gutters you've been screaming for.

All you DLC guys figure out how we pay for the all new code that comes "free" with the left handed Jerry version.

Hilarious.
Apologies if the reverse pf idea was already posted in here, like the DLC stuff has been.

None of this stuff is happening. Enjoy your games. They're already packed with great stuff.

20220419_134206 (resized).jpg20220419_134206 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#17828 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I’ve had it reset 2 times since I’ve had it. No loss of speech. I did have the ending ball problem for a short while. It was a broken Opto.

My ball ending problem was a loose opto connector under the playfield.

4 weeks later
#17933 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Thanks for the clarification Scott. And to be clear, I wasn't implying anyone at Spooky was gaslighting... I was referring to Pinsiders who attempt silence anyone wondering what other content might be coming - based around Spooky's earlier plans for the future of the pin.
I recall Spooky saying that there will only be 750 Rick and Morty's... Never to be remade with additional numbers. This context around the license holder only makes that statement even more definite!

No way in hell I'd be satisfied with what Scott posted if I was demanding Spooky come on here and tell us what's happening with all those unlimited modes and all that future episode content we were promised. Things could have changed since things changed.

No. Way. I'd be calling Charlie's ass RIGHT NOW. And there better be nothin but snake jazz on the other end, buddy.

And what about the damn Mexican Armada? I STILL can't get it as the mystery award. I could swear somebody somewhere said something about that, but I can't find it anywhere.

STOP HIDING CHARLIE

#17972 1 year ago

How about some sort of hold the flippers in at start up and get to pick a mode to practice? Like getting to play just the wizard mode on one of the newer stern games.

Quick battles in multi-player games.
Start game..
Player 1 picks the mode..
Each player gets one ball in that mode. That's it. Game over. High score wins.

#18047 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Why no outlanes? Would you recommend inlanes?

If I have to keep taking the glass off to adjust a switch, and an MRS will put an end to that, I'd put an MRS in. If a switch is performing as it should, I'd leave it alone.

Unless money is no object and one wants MRS everywhere because they can. Then go for it.

I did the 4 switches up top in the loops. I felt 2 had to be done. The other 2 I was just like why not?

#18055 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

So, is this all just fun chatter or are we getting a code update?
Just want to manage expectations.

Expect nothing. He said throw him some ideas and he promises nothing.

1 week later
#18209 1 year ago

I imagine stepping up for the multi-player dollar game and picking an adventure. Adventure starts at plunge. Whatever you choose to include (dimension, seeds, mystery, chance to start multiball), everyone has the same opportunity to earn it. Competition mode like. No extra balls, as I think the idea is to play as non lenghty a game as possible. Mode ends, ball drains.

If you include dimensions, garage shot also lit at plunge.

The quicker adventures might even be more fun. Super stress to get shit done.

#18216 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I realize there's been a lot of traffic on the thread lately, but I feel like you missed this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/364#post-7062259

Nope.

I did see that. I thought you asked what people might be looking for if you did get time to put it in the game. So I was just giving my thoughts on dollar game rules. My bad if you were not, and if my posts were too similar.

#18266 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Check the official user manual

Hilarious!

#18318 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

epthegeek did an amazing job on the Challenge mode. I can't stop playing it.
One adventure, One dimension, One ball. No multiballs, no meeseeks, no skill shot.
My go to is random adventure + random dimension. The combination of possibilities is extremely high making for so many possible mini games.
Of course I had to first go straight to Rick Potion #9 + Froopyland It was like getting a game genie back when I was a kid. Needless to say that was a long mini game.
The screens are very intuitive and after a few plays it is easy to figure out. It took me a few games to figure out that I can add a second player for head to head.
Change NOTHING. It is perfection.
[quoted image]

Looks awesome.

#18331 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Because I am new and don't know where to get those! Help

Just call Spooky and they'll hook you up.

#18364 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

I had the light problem big time last year, I finally went and pushed on every connector I could find that had to do with lamps, then disabled the game's shaker motor. It's been pretty good since then, but the RGB connectors are definitely a weak spot in the hardware.

My shaker is turned off for the same reason.

#18372 1 year ago

I finished installing the precision flippers and bushings last night.

Only weird thing I ran into was I had previously adjusted the rail that feeds the upper flipper so the ball would roll smoothly from rail to flipper. After installing the the new bushing and flipper, I was getting a hop from rail to flipper (flipper rubber sticking out a bit farther from the rail). Different flipper rubber too, but not sure what that was all about. I moved the rail back pretty much to it's original position and that gave me a smooth transition.

Shoots crazy fast and seems like a new game. Might have to figure out how to lower the flipper power a bit.

Hope these precision flippers hold up, because I can't see going back to stock flippers on this game. Played a ton last night. Turned it off and went to bed. Went back and played some more.

Screenshot_20220818-080622_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220818-080622_Gallery (resized).jpg
#18374 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

nice, how much were they?

150 bucks for a 3 flipper kit with bushings.

It's the only mod I have on the game.

#18379 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I wonder why the game would shoot faster with this mod...are they lighter than "stock" flippers? Curious. What motivated you to take the leap? Do you have this mod on other pins?

I don't understand the physics. I think the ball is being hit harder? But the apparent difference these make in the play/shots of the game wasn't why I wanted them.

I saw these flippers being mentioned in the Godzilla thread. Maybe a month ago? I was interested because you can change the position of the flipper without lifting the playfield and messing with the clamp that holds the shaft.

I'm not into doing flipper rebuilds because of the trouble I've had. I think I'm done and all set, but then I play a game and one of the flippers starts floating because I didn't tighten the clamp enough. Oh, but don't make it too tight.

Then the trouble of getting both flippers at the same exact angle. Under the playfield with the allen wrench, trying to hold the flipper in place.

Most people might not have any trouble with rebuilds. That's cool. I suck. This sounded good for me, especially after reading the review thread about them.

I also purchased a 3 flipper kit for Godzilla, but I can't install them until I figure out the issue with my upper flipper on that game. I'm currently getting tech help from Stern. Soon as that's resolved, I'll put them in there.

My Metallica and DE GnR both need flipper rebuilds. When I do them, I'd also like to put these in those games.

I also like how they look. Shiny new toy.

#18385 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

No doubt being able to fine tune the flipper position topside is a really sweet feature (assuming the adjustment is tight/robust, of course). Getting it right using standard flipper mechs is always a bit tedious/stressful.
The only downside is revisiting ball guides (like you've mentioned). I might give the product a try on Godzilla, a game that I haven't tweaked at all (unlike R&M

I was just looking at Titan low bounce flipper rubber. Says it's thinner than regular rubber. If I try those rubbers out, I might have to move the rail back again!

#18387 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I use the low bounce rubber on my R&M.

I think I need it. You notice a difference?

#18392 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

How long did it take to install? Is it just like a standard flipper rebuild?

The only thing that sucks is that the 3 screws holding in the bushings have nuts behind them, so you have to take out the entire flipper mech to get at those. Doesn't take too long if you've done it before.

Detailed instructions are included. Watch some flipper rebuild videos on YouTube while you wait for the parts. Take pics while you work.

#18404 1 year ago

Got to play a few games last night. Amazing update.

I had something weird happen where my playfield lights got a little nutty during challenge mode. Issue carried over to attract mode. Reboot took care of it.

Hopefully I can play the shit out of it this weekend.

Game is perfect once the little bugs are worked out.

THANK YOU

1 week later
#18487 1 year ago

You score good enough in challenge mode to put your name in and get your backhanded compliment from Rick. Then it moves on to the final score screen and you get the insult for how bad your score was.

It's not important, but feels like the insults should be adjusted for challenge mode. Entering initials turns off final score screen insults.

Just seems weird getting complimented one second, then immediately insulted the next second for the same score.

Sorry, I'm bored.

#18536 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I have ran the latest 2 September update twice. Each time after the remove the drive and power cycle message I get "UPDATE REQUIRED" afterwards and no boot.

I got an update required message after I tried to update a week or 2 ago. I just handed the USB back to the wife and told her she did it wrong. After a few minutes she gave it back to me and said she messed up the name or left a number in the name of the download. Whatever she removed or renamed, update worked like a charm after that.

Does it matter when you remove the USB after installing the update? I only remove the USB after I turn off the game.

Hope you guys figure it out.

1 week later
#18645 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Relatively new owner here. I love this game. One question: Is backhanding from lower left flipper to left side of Danesi orbit a relatively easy shot? Mine always hits the pop bumper. I am completely willing to assume it's lack of skill but I scored 90M on factory settings so I am not a bad player, but that shot is currently impossible on my machine. Any thoughts? Could it be the plumbus bumper that came installed with my machine (wider than the stock bumper?) Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I can backhand to the left side of the lock from the left flipper relatively easy, but if I flip too soon, I'll hit the pop.

#18691 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Please explain why the first 2- balls play perfect, then the 3rd ball false drains ? I tried setting the ball limit on several different amounts and also tried 1-2-3-4 players, something about ball 3-6 that it doesn’t like,,after ball 6 the next few balls play perfect, also sometimes the mode doesn’t end, game doesn’t recognize a ball has drained. The game has had odd issues from DAY 1 new in box, so stop saying i did something to the game, i got tired of the loop roll over never registering, so yes I changed to MRS, Please explain the loss of speach ? Please tell me where to ship it to be fixed? AJ is guessing and has no answers, i have replaced everything he told me to do, no luck. Its basically a $12,000 paper weight at the moment!!!

I still occasionally get the false drains and or unearned multiball. For me it is the left opto in the horseshoe lock that seems to cause the wacky issues.

Sometimes it shows up obviously in switch test, but sometimes it takes a bang on the playfield to show up in test. Pushing on connectors usually fixes it for a long time. I turned my shaker off.

I don't believe I experience the loss of speech.

2 months later
#19036 1 year ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

The shaker motor is off in the settings. I would suspect a loose connection, curious as to if there is a place more probable than others where a loose connection might reset. Could it be some power or data wire maybe?

Put it in switch test. See if it shows a closed switch/opto in the horseshoe lock.

That's what happens when my game starts resetting during multiball.

Lift the pf and push on connectors till you see the switch open up on the test screen.

Hope it's that easy for you.

2 months later
#19423 1 year ago

That is pretty sick. If that had official code worked into it, I'd be into it.

#19426 1 year ago

Totally understand what you're saying. When I say official code, I'm talking now with that on the game, it's coded so that the game knows you used the Jerry ramp to get to the garage. So you get different points/penalties for using it at different points in the game.

Edit: I would not be interested in this at all if it just counted as a Jerry stand up target hit (as-is).

#19444 1 year ago

Jerry garage shot always brings you to a negative dimension.

2 weeks later
#19531 1 year ago

Dude, scroll back and read, it was just layed out on a platter for you. Try the search feature also

You're supposed to tell him to check the game manual. Hilarious.

2 weeks later
#19614 1 year ago
Quoted from djsoup:

It’s a witch hunt.
Justin is single, successful and he speaks his mind. I’ve known the dude for well over a decade and consider him a friend. He's a comedian, has no filter and often says things for shock value or a laugh and would never act on any of it. He’s one of the nicest people I know. The people trying to take advantage of him and twist everything he says against him have nothing better to do than make other peoples lives more miserable than their own. He stepped down to take the media's focus on him away from his company/employees so they wouldn't be negatively impacted - he genuinely cares for people. This domestic allegation that happened over 3 years ago is totally bogus and is stemming from a jealous ex looking for a payout. I get that companies are trying to disassociate to avoid bad press, it’s reactionary, but unfortunately spawns more bandwagon BS from the general public to pile on.. guilty until proven innocent. Once the charges are dismissed (as expected based on his evidence), these companies will work with him again, just sucks to see people dragging a friend through the mud while he's trying to prove his innocence through the system. Being a celebrity SUCKS. Everyone is trying to get a piece of you, or what you have, what people don't tend to think of is all the leeches and groupies looking to cash in and destroy peoples lives. People should pause and hold their judgement before believing everything they read online, especially accusations.

4 weeks later
#19689 11 months ago
Quoted from PinPilot:

So thanks to Jigz, I've made some progress. I'm back to the "Update Required" screen from before. Lesson - if you remove your battery when the pin is turned off, you will lose all you BIOS settings, AND have to load a new boot file. Once that was done though, I was back to where I was.
The USB I used was a Texas Pinball Festival 2.0 8GB. I'm gonna run to Wally World and buy a 3.0 32GB usb drive and try the update again. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Oh, and I haven't heard back from AJ at Spooky either. He didn't reply to the email he asked me to send him, and I can't get anyone to answer the phone. Maybe Fridays are super busy for Spooky?
[quoted image]

They're closed on Friday.

4 weeks later
#19743 10 months ago

What are they charging nowadays to diagnose/fix four year old games? Very cool if our warranties are still good.

3 weeks later
#19792 9 months ago
Quoted from sthippie:

Is there a software option to disable the coil that moves the ship? It seems so unnecessary to me most of the time.

I think you can lower the power.

I was thinking about just disconnecting the coil.

#19794 9 months ago
Quoted from sthippie:

Is there a software option to disable the coil that moves the ship? It seems so unnecessary to me most of the time.

Do not disable the coil!

Hilarious.

3 weeks later
#19839 8 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Hey that’s great. Honestly I’m not trying to have a parental approach discussion, I’m just asking the dev team what I’m asking. The time was taken to make a swear/bleep meter that goes from 0-100 and it’s f#%ing cool, I’m just asking that the 0/Never be closer to 0/never for all those who would want that. I’m sure it’s a long shot but just wanted to ask.

In case this helps while you wait... I bought the headphone set up. Pinnovators? You can't play the game unless the language doesn't bother you, and you gotta use the headphones. This is only when we have anyone over who could be offended. Not perfect, but gets it done here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstym.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=pinstym and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.