(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_ric.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6134 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Spooky (me, in this case) has been trying like hell to "catch it" but so far I can't get my machine have this issue. I'm trying.
Nothing much about these reports is consistent. Nobody has come up with "here's how to reliably re-create the problem".
I'm doing my best here.

I should be getting my machine in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully I can be of some help in solving the problem when I do if you haven't fixed it yet. I have a sort of programming background (mostly scripting) so maybe I can help spot something.

1 week later
#6575 3 years ago

Just got the email that #262 is ready and shipping out.

#6775 3 years ago

About to get my game tomorrow. epthegeek how can I get the beta builds so that I can help you bugfix?

#6786 3 years ago

Spent the day playing #262. So much fun! TheNoTrashCougar absolutely nailed the music.

1 week later
#7085 3 years ago

here is the correct link to the podcast mentioned above (the one above is actually for JJP/GnR)
https://podcast.app/the-super-awesome-pinball-show-e120399914/

#7160 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can you take a picture of the fuse you took out? I don't have a spooky machine, but the diagram doesn't specify if they're full size or the short ones like WPC'95/Houdini, etc. Spooky documentation leaves a lot to be desired.

They're the small ones that are used in WPC95 games.

#7166 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, that would explain it, thanks. Rob Zombie is the last spooky I've had the backglass off of.
Where's the pic/diagram for that board? The P-ROC I see on multimorphic's site I don't see the fuses.

The fuse ratings for the P-ROC board can be different depending on what is in the game according to their documentation. They were 4A on my game as well.

#7170 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks. Is there documentation specific to each Spooky game that uses the P-ROC that would show fuse differences, for example? I couldn't find any...

Sadly I dont think so. It would be nice to have a wiring diagram and fuse list at a very minimum

#7183 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I assume they are using the Multimorphic PD-16 boards for the coils/drivers like they used in TNA and ACNC. Here is the manual for ACNC on spookys site.
Fuses are at F1 and F2. 4A fuses slo-blo 5x20mm.
https://www.spookypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/ACNC-Manual.pdf.
See page 18 for a picture/diagram/reference. Of course the coils/wire locations are different but its the same board.

How did you find this? I wasn't able to find any manuals on their website. Is there one for R&M?

#7298 3 years ago

I had an issue with the ball launch wireform sticking up too much and causing the ball to bounce around and lose momentum. It looks like maybe the wireform wasn't bent close enough to the underside of the playfield which allowed it to work it's way up over time. I'd pushed it down a few times already but it kept happening.

Finally decided to put in the fix I'd been thinking about. Put a thick post rubber on each one and pushed the rubber all the way up to the playfield so it should hold it down hopefully. Been working so far but it hasn't even been a full day yet.

I didn't bother to contact spooky as even if they sent me a new wireform I'm not sure I could bend it right if at all.

20201106_123602 (resized).jpg20201106_123602 (resized).jpg
#7302 3 years ago

That would probably be a pretty good idea. I'll edit my post later today with a picture or two

#7330 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Whoa what happened to the powdercoating in that pic!?! ... looks like the ramp wire bends on instalation and removal or something? ... and it's mostly flaked off!?

From the wireform wiggling up and me pushing it back down.. the rubber was pretty tight so maybe it pulled the powder coat with it? no idea

#7339 3 years ago

Ran into a bug. I was shooting the inner loop with the spinner and fondling a lot of balls. At some point I activated the ship for the second ball lock. I don't know if it was right after lock activated or not but the game auto launched another ball. At first I thought i'd started a meeseeks or something but that wasn't the case. This has happened once before but didn't result in a crash.

With 2 balls in play I locked the second ball in the ship. The game immediately started multiball but before it was even done playing the animation the game reset.

The autoplunge is not in the logs so I don't know why that happened. But here's the crash info

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./RMGame.py", line 1243, in <module>
File "/data/proc/HHP/RickAndMorty/procgame/game/skeletongame.py", line 86, in run_proc_game
File "/data/proc/HHP/RickAndMorty/procgame/game/skeletongame.py", line 1411, in run_loop
File "./procgame/game/game.py", line 742, in run_loop
File "./procgame/game/game.py", line 622, in process_event
File "./procgame/game/game.py", line 648, in switch_event
File "./procgame/game/mode.py", line 415, in handle_event
File "./procgame/game/mode.py", line 239, in handle_event
File "./my_modes/BallSwitchMonitor.py", line 240, in sw_rightOrbit_active
File "/data/proc/HHP/RickAndMorty/procgame/game/skeletongame.py", line 671, in notifyModes
File "/data/proc/HHP/RickAndMorty/procgame/game/skeletongame.py", line 596, in notifyNextMode
File "/data/proc/HHP/RickAndMorty/procgame/game/skeletongame.py", line 567, in notifyNextMode
File "./procgame/game/advancedmode.py", line 69, in handle_game_event
File "/data/proc/HHP/RickAndMorty/my_modes/GromflomiteBattle.py", line 303, in evt_left_orbit
File "/data/proc/HHP/RickAndMorty/my_modes/GromflomiteBattle.py", line 416, in process_jackpot
File "/data/proc/HHP/RickAndMorty/my_modes/GromflomiteBattle.py", line 444, in show_jackpot_display
File "/data/proc/HHP/RickAndMorty/my_modes/GromflomiteBattle.py", line 685, in set_jp_value_text
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'set_text'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./RMGame.py", line 1247, in <module>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'set_text'
Exception AttributeError: "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'SDL_DestroyWindow'" in <bound method Window.__del__ of <sdl2.ext.window.Window object at 0x7f6c14abdb90>> ignored
Exception TypeError: "'NoneType' object is not callable" in <bound method Renderer.__del__ of <sdl2.ext.sprite.Renderer object at 0x7f6c149241d0>> ignored

I did see this in the log that might need fixing. My quick googling gave a couple of suggested fixes. I don't know what the impact of the underrun is so if it's not really anything maybe this isn't high priority.

ALSA lib pcm.c:8526:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred

One last thing I saw in the logs that is probably nothing.

libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
2020-11-08 17:41:10,110 - game.sound -ERROR - Sound registration error: file ./assets/sound/voice/DirectHit1.ogg does not exist!
2020-11-08 17:41:10,111 - game.sound -ERROR - Sound registration error: file ./assets/sound/voice/YouMissed2.ogg does not exist!

I'm assuming the sound files are left over dev stuff and weren't removed from the config that loads all the sounds.

PS: epthegeek can I get into the beta builds so that I can help you fix anything I find?

#7340 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Interesting. I had a fairy early game, maybe they added an interconnect on later games?
What's that big metal thing on the back of your topper bracket near the bottom? It almost looks like a heat sink. I don't have that on mine. I also dont have what ever that white rectangular block is in the middle. Is that a big sand resistor?
Maybe I got the Jerry edition topper, LOL.

I don't have anything on the back of mine and it's #262 so he must have added something (does look like a heatsink). The white thing in his picture is another connector though.

#7393 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'm wondering if Eric could chime in here how much variation the coil strength settings provide? I continue to have flipper fade issues (after 30 minutes of play the left ramp is not possible) and from my experience the coil settings do not make any difference. Maybe the range of power between 30 and 50 is just very small? Or maybe increasing the value causes more heat generation and faster fade?

Yes a higher power will result in higher temps and reaching high temps faster. Eric commented the other day on it. Might be a few pages back by now. He said you shouldn't really go above 40. He seemed to say there were diminishing returns on strength the higher you went and there wouldn't be much difference between 40-50 except for the amount of heat generated.

#7448 3 years ago

Wow. I can't believe they loaded the container like that. I wonder if the shipping company packed it and not Spooky. I hope that's what happened

#7482 3 years ago

There is a quick change option on the front page of the service menu. Hold the launch button to toggle profanity on/off. No need to dig down into the settings.

#7495 3 years ago

Oh jeez. Those stairs are worse than the ones I have that go to the upstairs, where the designers of the house put the "game room", that have a 180 degree turn. But they're sort of wide, though not wide enough where it turns for a pin really. Used to have games up there when first getting into the Hobby. But the nightmare of bringing them down when they were sold was just too much. It was easier getting them up than down from what I remember.

All games are now downstairs (the room downstairs was always full of games just no "extras" upstairs anymore).

#7588 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I just picked up my machine on Wednesday and scary Terry is on it already.

Strange. There's no code updated posted that would enable that. Either they're putting a newer build on new machines than what we can download currently or someone accidently put the wrong code on your game.

#7590 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Scary Terry is in the game, if you touch buttons with no game started it says stuff like....'hands off my buttons....bitch" in a Scary Terry style voice

This isn't what people are talking about. They're talking about a scary terry adventure.

#7652 3 years ago

It seems strange to me that people keep saying it's always both front legs. I can't imagine how but is it somehow possible the cabinet at the front isn't square?

#7875 3 years ago

Just adjusted the EOS switches. Shots from the tips seemed weak before. Left wasn't too_ bad but the right one the EOS switch was closing either halfway through the stroke or maybe a little less than halfway. No wonder a lot of my shots wouldn't make it up the left ramp frequently even with the flipper strength raised.

#7884 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

R&M does not use the EOS switch to cut high power, this is incorrect.

Then what's the point of it? Why even have it?

1 week later
#8360 3 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

The key to me nailing down my shooter lane was that the wire form was not securely seated into the playfully (see picture) it would sometimes move up and down. So no amount of adjustment at the other end would get it consistent . I pushed it down into the playfield and glued it from the bottom. It is way more consistent now, and rejects are less than 1%[quoted image]

I had the same problem and my solution was to put playfield rubbers on the bottom to keep it from rising up. I posted about it a few pages back.

#8363 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

How much is sticking through the PF?
Enough to put a thread on it with room for a washer and nut?

It's just bent at a 90 degree bend on the bottom to keep it from coming out completely. My guess is some of these are not being bent close enough to the playfield and are leaving too much space for it to move up/down. I posted pictures in my post.

#8372 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

How much metal rod is sticking through the bottom of the playfield? The better solution would be to add some collars to secure them. I'm assuming it's 1/8" wireform (plus about .005" of powder coat). These would probably work well: https://www.mcmaster.com/6432K73/

There is a lot of material underneath. Probably a good 8" at least (though I'm terrible at judging lengths). Couple of those aren't a bad idea. I just went for the quick fix with what I had on hand.

#8410 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Anyone have the voiceover/narration cut out? In the middle of the game just stopped any sort of voices. The sound effects, music and voice effects (grunts, etc) were all there but no Rick or Morty talking to me. Going in to the game menu didn't give any voice feedback (like it normally would). Rebooting the game and everything is fine again. Strange.

I hadn't seen this until a local friend and his family came to check the game out this past sunday and I've been playing it a lot. Last game they played this happened on. Figured it was just a one game bug but when I went to play a game later there were 0 callouts/voices still. Also tried going into the menu and nothing. Ended up rebooting. I thought this was probably related to something I recently did to my machine but maybe not if other people are seeing this.

#8420 3 years ago
Quoted from Westbury:

Yup, exactly what i've found, will only cut out after restarts

When callouts stopped working on my game it didn't happen on a restart.. happened at the end of ball 3 on player 3 (3 player game). I may have done restarts before they played but I've taken to 'restarting' via going into the service menu and back out because it's faster.

#8485 3 years ago

After owning my game for ~2 months I finally realized the shaker wasn't working. Turned out to be a bad crimp at the shaker board in the cabinet. I love spooky and R&M but really something that should have been caught in QC. If someone ordered the shaker and paid for the install it definitely needs to be on the QC checklist.

#8492 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Here’s a bug has anyone had this happen. It’s never happened before but now twice in the last 20 or so games.
Will be playing normal one ball and for no apparent reason one ball is launched into play. One ball can drain and can keep playing on the remaining ball but when that ball drains the game doesn’t do anything like serve up next ball or do a ball search it just sits there. I was able to add a second player game but nothing happens to current game no ball search it just sits. Then I need to hard reset.

This has happened to me but when it does the game crashes. epthegeek has said it's fixed in the next version

1 week later
#8885 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

On my game the Meeseeks target came loose almost immediately and I noticed it was being held by one normal screw (stripped) and one tiny screw like you'd use to mount a plastic or something. I replaced it with another normal screw and used glue and toothpicks to fix the stripped one. Stuff you have to do on your NiB pinball...

My game had this exact problem, right inlane switch kept getting stuck under the PF. I simply loosed the screw under the pf holding it and re-tightened it while holding it in the middle of the pf slot.

I also have a faulty crimp job, the innermost opto on the left side of the Danesi lock 2.0 wasn't working. Could only get it to work by angling the wire 90d from the crimp. I expect it to fail again shortly. Will be contacting Spooky for a replacement plug.

I had a bad IDC connection too on my shaker motor. Working fine after putting on crimp connectors.

1 week later
#9255 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Pinsider jonesjb brought to our attention an issue with the tight orbit in R&M - as depicted in the video:

The problem appears to be the orbit lane is a bit too wide, thus sometimes not mechanically triggering the roll over switch....jonesjb asked if we could come up with something similar to what we did for Rob Zombie's upper playfield....and we did...
We got confirmation from our tester pinball_ric that all worked well.... you can see it installed on the playfield...and by itself.....
Please PM if interested in the newest MRS from M&M Creations for Rick & Morty!
Thanks,
Matt & Dan
M&M Creations[quoted image][quoted image]

The picture of the MRS installed is from my game. It's been working perfectly. Originally when I messaged matt I wanted it for the right orbit switch but with some tweaking I got that working so instead when I got it I installed it in the loop right next to it. I'll be getting a second one to replace the right orbit switch just so I don't have to worry about adjusting it in the future.

If anyone is interested in one message Sonic and he can get you sorted.. They're kinda pricey for a switch but are worth it IMO.

#9310 3 years ago

Just going to say this up front. This post isn't about bashing Spooky or R&M. I love the game and Spooky in general. I'm hoping this comes across as constructive criticism.

I ordered 2 R&M's. One from spooky and one through a distributor. My first one (#262) I got back in october I believe. Overall it's been great minus 2 issues. One of which spooky sent me a replacement part for right away when I called and the other was a bad crimp job on the shaker motor which wasn't caught in QC. No big deal there either. Put on crimp connectors and good to go.

R&M two (#321) however is a slightly different story. Last week I set it up at a friends place and once we powered it up I went to test the shaker motor. It didn't work. Figured perhaps yet again another bad crimp job. Opened the backbox to check voltages and couldn't find 50v anywhere on the shaker circuit. I then noticed a plug just barely poking through the bottom of the head that wasn't plugged in. When I pulled it up there was another as well. These were supposed to be plugged into the driver boards and I assume provide the 50v for the coils. There was no way these were ever plugged in as I had to pull the wiring out of the plastic tubing to get enough slack to plug them in. Due to both boards not being plugged in pretty much none of the coils worked.

This means either one the game was never play tested AT ALL or perhaps more likely it was never playtested once fully assembled and only the playfield was tested prior to assembly. I hope it's scenario #2 and at least SOME playtesting happened. But there really needs to be some final QC once fully assembled.

The other issue is for some reason my first game doesn't have the problem with airballs off the right ramp that people have commented on previously in the thread however game two does and it's pretty significant. It makes hitting the right ramp pretty hard as quite often the ball will just go flying all over the place and not go around the ramp. The only difference I've noticed is that the ramp sits farther forward on the problem game. The heights of the ramp appear to be the same or at least very close. We haven't figured out how to solve the issue yet. Hopefully at some point we can figure something out since we have a 'good' game to compare to.

I really want to be excited about how fast Spooky is cranking out the games but it is my opinion that it's at least partly because of the lack of QC going into games coming off the line currently. I hope others don't have similar or even worse issues when they get their games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_ric.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=pinball_ric and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.