(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,228 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by jonesjb
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nogoodnames222.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#404 4 years ago

Just listened to the recent podcast w/ Scott, that dude is way too humble. I've heard him say a couple times "It sold out because of the license, it has nothing to do with me". I can't speak for everyone but just want to clarify for myself at least (cause I know he's around here somewhere), there are VERY FEW designers I would've blindly trusted on a purchase like this, regardless of theme. TNA is one of the sickest, freshest pins I've had the pleasure of playing and I figured if R+M turned out half as good I'd be more than content with it. And after seeing the gameplay videos I can confidently say I'd be buyer even if it was a straightforward "TNA 2.0" theme.

Wanted to throw that out there so he'll hopefully quit downplaying his importance on this game.

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Get in line to S his D.

Just praising someone that's taking pinball in the direction I like to see it go I just don't want Stern/everyone's takeaway from R+M's success "we need more young cartoon themes", I want it to be "we need more whole packages like this"

#421 4 years ago

Uhhhh...downvotes??? You know Im first in line..the fug is with the downvotes? Not that I care, just weird....

Odd way to communicate your agreement, if that's what you were trying to do.

#859 4 years ago

Speaking of streaming, when will the next one be? Does IO allow any one to come setup? Do you have to call ahead?

I can't imagine they let anyone just come and set up on a machine?

#862 4 years ago

Ive been canvassing twitch streams and the majority say if you call ahead and go when its not busy that you can do it any where really.

That's killer, I wasn't expecting to hear that but love how friendly the pinball community is.

#1060 4 years ago

For those in the Minneapolis area, looks like Tilt is getting their game setup today

Not sure if I'll have time to make a trip up there before moving to Portland in a few weeks (speaking of, anyone know of any games heading to Portland in the near future?), but at least my buddies will be able to tell me what they think of it soon.

TIlt (resized).pngTIlt (resized).png
2 weeks later
#1613 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’d love to see a ranking system overhaul of some kind personally. One that has users compare games they know head to head only. Two come up and they click the one they like more or they click a box saying they aren’t familiar with one of the two titles...and that’s it. An algorithm would then generate rankings. That system would be far harder to manipulate.

I'm a Standard buyer so the ratings will do their whole thing long before I see my game, none of this really affects me at all (all very entertaining though). But the idea of comparing games head to head and having an algorithm rank them would be awesome, that's definitely something worth looking into.

5 months later
#5481 3 years ago

Interesting light show I walked up to on location at Next Level in Hillsboro, OR. Reboot fixed things but figured I'd post in here. Sorry, no other info so I don't know what it's running for code or anything helpful.

#5483 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That’s a bug where you can get a game going while the attract shows continue to run - it was fixed though. Code is probably not updated.

You're the man, thanks.

2 weeks later
#5788 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Are there any owners who were on the fence about getting the butter cabinet, ended up getting it and later regretted it? Be it due to cost, perceived value, the look of it? I won't have the chance to see one in person and trying hard to justify it.

I doubt you find anyone that was on the fence and regrets going with it. I've seen a butter TNA in person and it was gorgeous, definitely makes the pin look a lot more 'premium' overall. @zaphx's vid does a good job showing how glossy the finish is.

Is it worth the money? That's gonna be 100% up to you as it's entirely subjective. I'm a kid in my 20's with too many expensive hobbies and I'm thinking butter-money is better spent on an early space-themed SS to sit next to R+M

#5825 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Thanks Jonesjb for the info.
Waiting is the hardest part......
With spooky ramping up production, the Spooky CGC team up, is looking more and more exciting to me. Franchi said he knows what the licence is. Has anyone heard any rumours that Franchi might do the art?
A John Carpenter film would be an instant buy for me, and fits the Spooky template.
Escape from New York and Big Trouble in Little China would be ideal as they both have humour. The Thing, and Halloween might be too dark.

Franchi is definitely working on something for CGC, but I don't think it's known if it's the Spooky/Ben Heck game or a different project. Would be interesting if Chicago has 2 original games in the works. Whatever the Spooky/CGC game is, they said the reason for the collab was knowing the demand would be significantly higher than it was for R+M, so it better be something damn cool

2 weeks later
#6306 3 years ago

So is anyone gonna make up some "SUPER LIMITED standard edition" plaques (in the style of the BSE plaques) for us lucky grey-armor guys?

1 week later
#6635 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That is officially the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen done to a pinball machine. Good luck selling it.

Not everyone is buying this pin to kick it down the road 2 weeks later This got a laugh out of me, and he can always take off the topical Axl/Thanos reference if he does decide to sell it down the line. If you want to see something much, much dumber, go swing by the Trump/RCT thread.

#6669 3 years ago

gonzo73 did you write that "50 made, 700 made" note on your order sheet yourself, or is that from Spooky? Wondering if that's actually confirming the number of standards vs BSE. Doesn't matter much at all, just curious.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 weeks later
#7117 3 years ago

I've had my ass absolutely handed to me by the R+M on location in my city, and it can be kinda demoralizing at times... paying whatever, 7k for a game that frustrates me so much just seems kinda nonsensical, and when people have posted up looking for a late production/standard pre-order spot I've definitely considered selling mine. But then I think about my current 2-pin lineup and how my big complaint with both games is the long ball times and how (despite loving both of them) neither game is making me a better player, and I realize R+M is *exactly* what I want in the house. It's a theme I'll never grow tired of and cohesive rules that make for good competitive scoring wrapped up in a brutal and unique layout.

Can't wait to get my machine and not have to pump quarters in when I'm sucking

1 week later
#7452 3 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Mark sent me some photos of the games as he received them. He states that "They put 8 of the games on top of other games. Yours was one of the ones underneath hence the damage on the top. Travelling 40 days on a ship with 130kg games on top. I think there also must have been some rough weather as it looks like those games on top might have moved around a lot. That’s a lot of weight on the games underneath".
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well this is obviously fucked and I assume Spooky did not intend for the games to be shipped like this (I'm guessing we'll see some sort of response from them when it's morning there). What a bummer for you guys, hopefully the situation gets made right.

4 months later
#12027 3 years ago
Quoted from kingau:

#658 Checking in!
I got the email for the order 2 weeks ago, and got the invoice today!
I'm so excited, This is going to be my first Spooky pin.

Excited to see we're getting into the upper 600's (invoiced, anyway). I'm Standard #737, can't wait to get my game. Just a few months left

84years.gif84years.gif
1 month later
#13628 2 years ago

737 (standard) paid; I thought it was never going to happen.

Decided to run it at a friend's arcade for a bit as I'm going to be moving soon and it'll be fun to share with my friends + the community; things are finally feeling a bit more normal here in Portland. I know the general consensus is to play the game and then go from there, but is there anything preventative I should do in this case to make sure the game doesn't turn into a big headache for the location owner? Right now I was just planning on mylar around the flipper buttons (cause the cabinet decals seem to wear out incredibly fast...) and letting 'er ride.

Just a little concerned at the amount of grinding/welding/drilling going on in this thread, this late in production... but still very excited.

edit: does anyone have a picture of the decal wear on a routed BSE (in the holes of the portal lollipops)? just realized no mylar is available with a hole cut for the magnasave button... I'm debating skipping it, but don't want to end up with a bare white cabinet.

#13632 2 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

I have standard #192 with approx 1200 plays, no sign of wear around buttons. What I have noticed is my hands have "polished" the ends of the lockdown bar where my hands sit, nothing missing, just more shiny.
Preventative, check the nuts under the pop bumper are tight, order a spare set of rubbers especially a couple of extra post rubbers, align the flippers (toothpick in the hole, flipper resting on toothpick) adjust yr eos, should b good to go
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. Idk why some of the BSEs seemed to wear so bad but if yours looks that mint still, I'm not gonna bother with mylar unless I notice an issue developing.

4 weeks later
#14356 2 years ago

#737 landed yesterday and holy shit this game kicks ass! I spent maybe 5 minutes "gently adjusting" the left ball guide to help with the upper flipper to garage shot, nothing else required any attention and the games a fuckin ripper. That shot was makeable out of the box but I suck with upper flippers and by Stern'ing it (making the shot as forgiving as possible) even my shitty self can hit spinner-to-garage combos pretty consistently. Played 3 straight hours and didn't notice weak flippers, left ramp is not an issue at all with the game set at 6.9* .

AWESOME WORK SPOOKY! 10 out of 10 experience, would absolutely buy another NIB game from you guys and I'm very very glad I didn't take all the complaining in this thread too seriously. If anyone is in the Portland area and having problems with their game I'd gladly come take a look and see how things compare to mine.

2 months later
#15824 2 years ago

Is the August code just in beta still, or did I somehow miss a new release? Didn't see anything from Spooky

#15826 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

As far as I know it was a full release not beta.

Where's it at? Latest I'm seeing on the site is 5/18

#15898 2 years ago
Quoted from Vans:

Hey guys where do you install the 5th ball in this game? Thanks

Waaaay up in the portal hole (in the garage)

2 weeks later
#15995 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Ahh geez Rick, it's awfully quiet in here...

Too busy playing the game and nothing breaking to ask questions about. I think this is my favorite modern pin... perfect level of difficulty to keep me engaged and coming back for more at home. Still haven't beat Rick Potion, the flu hatin rap absolutely kills me every time

4 weeks later
#16185 2 years ago

Seems like the export standards all got some wonky configurations, they built them out of order and some weird stuff happened. This is going to confuse the hell out of collectors 20 years from now

2 weeks later
#16287 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I'm trying to update from the April code to the May code, and I'm getting this error. I have the usb formatted correctly...it's the same one I used last time. I tried multiple times. Any ideas?
[quoted image]

Quoted from Bingovit:

I’m having the same issue after trying to upload the august game code

What was the solution for you guys? Made the mistake of trying to update to the August code today (forgot I hadn't done that yet) and I'm having a horrible time, tried multiple flash drives (including the one I used for the May update when I first got the game) and no luck. Boots into the update screen, tells me it's finished (very quickly), and then just gives me the "update required". Tried going back to May code with no success. Worth noting my May update had absolutely zero issues the first time around... I'm using FAT32 formatted usb 2.0 flash drives with nothing on them other than the .pkg

edit: 3rd (essentially identical) flash drive was the charm. No notable difference from this to the other two, I'll take the win but wtf??

#16289 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I went from the May code to the August code from here: https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/ and didn't have any issues updating the week it came out.
Not sure if this helps, but here is how I do it:
- SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 32GB drive. I always do a full format before updating.
- I always rename the file rm-gamecode.pkg and I always remove the date. Not sure if it matters, but it has worked for me each update so far so I am just being consistent.

Thank you for the quick reply, I somehow got it to work just by repeating everything on a different (essentially identical) flash drive. Will make sure to grab a bigger 3.0 drive in the future to dedicate to updates.

And I think I'll refrain from updating games the day of an event in the future

#16320 2 years ago

Is there anywhere I can get the coin-return Flurbo + "Squanch ball" inserts from still?

2 weeks later
#16541 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Did the later builds incorporate the new smaller bushings?

Nope, shorter bushings never came in any of the games from Spooky, AFAIK. I installed spacers in #737, didn't make a massive difference for me personally (other than rubber wear) but the ball is maybe a bit more controllable, less spin?

#16560 2 years ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

Having some GI issues on the right side. Lights sometimes not working or only white. I have probably used a whole stick of hot glue trying to keep the connectors on the affecting board down. Has anyone else had lighting issues that were caused by something other than the connectors on the lights boards being loose?

This is the only issue I've had on my game, I kept wasting time messing with the connector going from the node board to the GI itself, but in my case it ended up being a bad connection on the power going to the node board. I'm not sure the wire housing had been adequately pierced? I shoved the wire further into the connector/plug (using a small flathead screwdriver) and reseated everything and haven't had an issue since.

4 weeks later
#16704 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yes. The people who were in charge of approvals later in the timeline preferred removing the offending words to bleeping them. A lot. That's what they wanted.

All the video had to go through approvals, and most of the 'notes' we got back were about audio. That match clip is how they wanted it.

Thanks for explaining this, interesting to see how particular the license holder can get and hear the hoops you guys had to jump through.

1 week later
#16761 2 years ago
Quoted from RedbirdGT:

Ooooooweeeee! #TEAM reporting in.
I've been lurking on the forum for the last day to troubleshoot some minor issues and see what everyone has done to make improvements.
First observations since delivery a couple days ago:
1. This is awesome. I can't believe I won this thing! A huge thanks to the Adult Swim team for the opportunity and the win.
2. The box arrived safe and sound, but while orienting the machine upright, there were a few nice clunks from something loose in the cabinet. The tilt bob ( in baggie) and two pinballs were all loose in the machine after further inspection. Fortunately, I don't believe they caused any damage. A total of 7 pinballs came with the machine (not including the captive one). +1 for spare parts?
3. My legs all have good angle bends and the machine came with felt spacers so thankfully no concern for damage to the decal artwork.
4. Holy rattle trap Batman! Initially pretty much unplayable with the rattling from the glass, power supplies, and misc cabinet items. I went on a hunt to track down the sources and remounted both power supplies on rubber isolation tape. That helped a lot. I'm considering a few options for the speaker itself to improve performance (including building a proper subwoofer enclosure), but everything else is great for now as long as the glass is out. The glass fit is already pretty tight, but there's one area along the left rail that still causes some nice rattling. After finding this community and the troubleshooting pages yesterday, I was really surprised to find this is such a common issue. I don't mind an initial project or two considering my cost basis is taxes, but I could imagine being a bit disappointed if I had paid full price.
5. That power supply fan is loud! Definitely going to replace it. The head spinner motor was set to off within the first 24 hrs too.
6. The garage shot from the upper flipper feels a little off. The upper flipper arrived offset from the right wall and in line with the guide rail, so nothing obvious to adjust there.
7. I think adding active cooling on the flippers is a good call in the near future.
8. I noticed I don't have the backlit speakers or the portal grilles on this machine. Was that typically standard on the blood sucker edition?
Overall, absolutely thrilled with the machine and looking forward to making some tweaks and improvements![quoted image]

Awesome to see this pop up in here, and nice it went to someone who seems to be very familiar with pinball (a pin can turn into a big headache for someone that doesn't know what they're getting into).

The backlit speakers were not standard on the BSE, all the Blood Sucker package got you was the lollipop/portal rails + purple powder coating (someone correct me if I'm wrong). All other options were a la carte, which is something Spooky has since abandoned. Hope you have a blast with the game, it's not for everybody but if you're into the show and into fast playing games, it's incredible. Wonder if your machine was built at the end of the run or right in the beginning... I'm not sure if there's a consistent way to tell. I got a late game and have had very few issues with mine.

1 month later
#17040 2 years ago
Quoted from RickAHG:

Well I'm at the end of my rope with my R&M, unboxed it for the kids at Christmas and it has been a pain in the ass from day one. The machine ends the ball during play and gives extra ball during play, optic board, connector, switch I haven't found it yet. Zero help from Spooky, new machine that is POS out of the box. Anyone find the magic fix for this?

Ending ball + spitting out extra means it has to be a trough issue, right? I'd double check ALL the connectors in that area, make sure they're seated well and make sure the wires are punched down properly. It's gotta just be something flakey down there, that's not an issue I've seen mentioned in this thread before.

2 months later
#17508 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

New Build Posted - Just some fixes - https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/
Build 2022.04.21:
- Fixed: Blood Dome music fix broke a different thing with the fatality shot lights.
- Fixed: Blood Dome music fix also created a crash possibility if drained during bonus shot.
- Fixed: There was a crash bug in the rare 'get your shit together' ending
- Changed: Schwifty results video can't be skipped with flippers
Just in case, I left the previous build linked as well for now.

cool_eric (resized).pngcool_eric (resized).png
3 months later
#17908 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Is this something that we are supposed to forget hearing?

Spooky needs to be careful with what they say/promise, and only make statements like that if it's written in stone... there's a reason the other companies play things close to their chest.

#17975 1 year ago

Eric opened the floodgates, my few dimension ideas:

- "Ball-Search dimension", firing all non-critical solenoids every ~15 seconds or so (not releasing any locked balls) would be entertaining and would work well as a 'negative' dimension... it'd definitely get a laugh out of pinball guys, I would think. My buddies and I refer to a search triggering while you're still playing (due to repeated bricked shots/poor ball control) as the 'ball search of shame' so I'd call it something like "5HAM3".

- I enjoy all of the lighting effect ones, idk how labor intensive programming light shows is but flickering red/orange for a generic "Fire dimension" seems like it'd be memorable. The fire effect on JJP's Hobbit always impressed people when I had that game.

- "Silent movie dimension" would be funny, another one that's **probably** more effort than it's worth, but if you can easily do a B&W filter over the existing screen and play public-domain silent-movie music (and obviously cut all other audio entirely)... even if you can't do the black & white video I think it'd have a jarring effect to have no SFX at all.

#17991 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Retro Arcade Dimension:
- All sounds are based on generic Solid State pinball sounds like in late 70's/early 80's Pins (Think generic Firepower pinball, Defender arcade like sounds)

Good idea, otherwise EM sounds would be fun + seems fairly easy to implement.

#17992 1 year ago

edit: double post, sry

#18122 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Negative:
b4-llz - Ball search dimension

Eric hard at work adding stupid ideas from kids like me on the internet. I'm gonna be so pumped if this actually makes it into the game.

EPatwork.gifEPatwork.gif
#18228 1 year ago

Man, fairly substantial update, 2.5 years after every copy of the game was sold, when the game is already a highly regarded masterpiece reselling for 150% MSRP... this is awesome. I don't know if it was contracted by Spooky or just a passion project from Eric but regardless, huge thanks for the fine tuning + for adding even more variety to the pin. Hope to see more games with EP involved in the future.

#18258 1 year ago

For those without FB. Excited to see Eric officially back to work on more Spooky games!

EP_back (resized).pngEP_back (resized).pngEP_back2 (resized).pngEP_back2 (resized).png
#18261 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Awesome!
Maybe help with current games as well?

Don’t get the rumor mills started (I’d love to see him get involved with Ultraman though)

#18334 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Very little work to install, you can remove the screws and slip the spacer in, then reinstall with longer screws. I wasn’t aware that Spooky offered a revised bushing, but that would do the same thing. Lowering the flippers makes a marked difference in gameplay.

Another advantage to the spacers over the short bushings; years down the line, you can just rebuild your flippers with standard bushings rather than tracking down a short set (or modifying a set). That was my justification, anyway... also the 5 minute install is nice.

edit: I will say, shorter bushings seem more 'legit' to me, just 2 ways to achieve the same end goal. Don't mean to hate on either method... and I also thought my game played fine prior to installing the spacers.

#18360 1 year ago

Just looking for your guys' personal experiences:

Do you have to reseat connectors often? I seem to go through periods of no-issues, and then will have month long stretches of having to open the game every time I play it to try and get my lights to all work correctly. It seems that every time I play a R+M on location, I notice some lights flickering/going miscolored too, which is in line with my own experience.

I've tried to identify the specific problematic connections, hot glued a few of them, punched a few wires further down, etc, but still have issues. This has been the only problem I've had with my R+M over ~2 years but it's always a bummer when I go to play a quick game and suddenly half my GI dies. Wondering if I'm overlooking an underlying cause or if this is just how things are with the old Spooky connectors.

#18396 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Morty's Mindblowing Single Adventure Challenge is now available: https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/
To use it: You must enable "Adventure Challenge Mode" in the R&M "Feature" settings
When it's on: There are several new pages in the attract mode:
- "Sigma Morty" - For the name entered for the most Adventure/Dimension Combos
- The C-137 Home Team - For all the adventure challenge highest scores when in dimension C-137 (No Megaseeds)
- 11 Adventure Champ Pages that show the 3 highest Feature, Positive and Negative dimension combo scores.
To Start a challenge: Hold the right flipper button and anti-gravity button together for 4 seconds in attract mode. If you want to do multi-player, pick the adventure & dimension, then once the game starts, hit start to add players.
What are the rules:
- You get one ball
- There are no multiballs
- You stay in the dimension you choose at start (opening the portal and making the shot will add seeds)
- You don't earn points until you start the adventure.
- If you complete the adventure, your turn/game ends.
Extra thanks to jonesjb for tons of testing on this beta cycle. And most of them.

Can not over state how much I love stuff like this, adds a lot of replay value/variety to home games (especially for us guys with small collections). Excited to get this loaded over lunch.

So what's next Eric?

5 months later
#19246 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I think though that they basically just hinted that new code, maybe modes, will be coming for Rick and Morty now that Eric is full time on staff. Otherwise why even mention "our other games" after noting that he is coding a future Spooky game.

They didn't mention "other games" though, unless I'm missing something? I wouldn't expect any new content for R+M at this point.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
3 weeks later
#19422 1 year ago

Spotted in a for-sale ad, not seen this discussed before. I wouldn't do it, but this is a pretty cool mod.

Here's the ad:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-rick-and-morty-blood-sucker-edition-33

#19425 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, it looks like it replaces the Jerry target. So, now it doubles as a Jerry & Garage shot. Pretty clever. The garage already has 2 shots to it….so, not really necessary, but clever.

Agreed, I think it'd make the garage shot a bit too easy for my liking (especially a few dimensions in when it switches to upper-flipper-only), but definitely a cool idea. It'd be a lot of fun for the Meeseeks/Jerry hurry up.

#19430 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If you look at the actual pics, it isn't an eyesore as it is covered by the plastic, but agreed...weird thing to mod.

Woah, I didn't even realize that when I posted it. That's very slick.

4 months later
#19831 9 months ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Is Spooky ever going to fix Froopyland? I own several Spooky pins and routing them can be a nightmare. Endless Multiball on Halloween or lost balls. TNA and R&M are pretty solid except Froopyland for competition play.

You can disable specific dimensions in the menu, just turn Froopyland off.

edit: for the record I love having Froopyland in the game, I have it disabled for normal gameplay but use it constantly in 'challenge mode' (or whatever it's called) when showing family + casual friends the game.

1 month later
#19879 8 months ago

My megaseed-tree ramp support cracked; is the PMC upgrade the way to go or is there an option that doesn't cost a hundred bucks? I'm not a big mod guy, just worried about function.

#19881 8 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

I'd email Spooky, they would probably send you out a replacement!

I'll see what AJ says when he's back from paternity leave (Congratulations, if you happen to see this AJ!), but was hoping for a potentially sturdier replacement/alternative. The original did last me a couple years though

4 months later
#20105 3 months ago
Quoted from Brad25:

Need opinions. I currently have a Rick and Morty bloodsucker edition pinball machine (only 750 made I think). Might be looking to trade for a Willy Wonka LE, would you do it?

Value wise they're about even so it's a fair trade, and that's really the only part that matters outside of your personal opinions on the two games. The other (objective) thing to consider is how difficult it'd be to get another copy of R+M down the line versus Wonka; I've never looked for a Wonka so not sure how often they get listed, anecdotally it feels a lot more common than R+M though.

But if you're asking for opinions... I would absolutely never consider trading my game for a Wonka, not for a second. Rick and Morty is a theme I love, the integration/voice acting is absolutely top notch, the music/sound is incredibly well done and never feels stale. The layout's an innovative ass-kicker that plays much shorter than the standard modern slog-fest, ruleset matches the ball time perfectly and is approachable but with a large amount of variety. R+M is peak modern pinball to me.

I don't need to bash on Wonka but almost everything above, it's the opposite (IMHO).

#20115 3 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

As embarrassing as it is to admit it. I am a pretty good Ball Fondler.
Go ahead and laugh...but everyone here is guilty. So.
Who among us is, in Fact, the Chief Ball Fondler?
17 is the current number on my machine.

My scores were wiped recently, but I'll see what I can fondle this weekend and report back.

edit: This made me think, it'd be fun to see some more specific challenges like this in this thread, and easy to facilitate with the awesome "choose-your-own-adventure" mode EP put in. I might skim the list of dimensions and try to think of some interesting/novel combinations.

3 months later
#20221 7 hours ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

How do I fix this issue?!?
I have only a few lights that are not the right color. It consistently is on the
1. arrow insert in front of Meeseeks target
2. GI light under Kirkland meeseeks plastic
3. “Light adventure” insert in front of right ramp
4. Charge portal/portal ready insert
5. Under jiggle ship
The color is orange when it should be white and light purple when it should be pink. They are always working but the wrong color.
Any ideas?
[quoted image]

This has happened on my game off and on over the years. On my copy, it's from an inconsistent power connection to a lighting node board (difficult to describe the location but there's only a couple lighting boards on that side of the game, if it's like mine you'll figure out which one it is quickly by wiggling the power wires).

I hot glued the connector a couple different times, eventually replaced that segment of wire and put a new connector on, hot glued the new connector in place, and the problem still pops up occasionally. Leads me to believe it's actually an issue at the board-connection level, not the pinned connection. This generation of Spooky connectors is hot garbage though so it can be tough to narrow things thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,500.00
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nogoodnames222.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.