(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newovad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#196 4 years ago

#634 - See you guys next spring?

#594 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

someone posted this on the facebook group, handy to compare black vs purple coin door.

Looks like black would be okay. Until you remember that all that black on the top of the cabinet will be covered by the rails and the lockdown bar.

1 month later
#1693 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

It’s a shame we can’t use Rick’s portal gun to all go to a non Covid-19 dimension![quoted image]

Ever stop to think this is all Rick's fault?

3 weeks later
#2132 3 years ago

Stacking the multiball into the Roy mode just seemed odd. One mode is about precision shooting and the other is about hitting all the jackpots. Plus, the chill music of Roy coupled with multiball craziness hurt my brain.

#2139 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's almost as if the Rick and Morty universe is a crazy and chaotic place.

Not meant as a criticism. You're doing amazing work.

1 week later
#2474 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok, older guy question. Do you have to subscribe to the show to know when new content is up or is it just shared via post? Not familiar with Twitch.

If you have an account and hit "Follow" you can have it send notifications to your phone or email when a stream goes live. Subscribing has its own benefits but that is not one of them.

2 weeks later
#2674 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

No spoilers please!!

Seems this thread had the same problem last week.

3 weeks later
#3161 3 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

There may even be an art reference to an even more recent episode...

This? (resized).pngThis? (resized).png
#3163 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Someone in this thread or the other RaM thread posted a crazy alternate backglass aaand now I can’t find it. Anyone have any info on that?

Brian Allen - Flyland Designs. I don't currently see it on the website but maybe contact him or jhoward1082 (he posted the photos below)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/52#post-5626512

2 weeks later
#3722 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is there a stickied thread with current build numbers for:
- Config locked in
- Payment requested
- Shipped
I'm#162 and wondering how far off I am.

#109 and #114 have both stated the machines are ready to ship.
#120 just made final payment yesterday.
#130 got the add-on list 3 days ago
Games are taking about 10 days after payment to arrive.

#3755 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

- Changed: Roy "Negative" inserts use orange now. For easier color recognition for players with
red/green color vision deficiencies and to make negatives visible when stacked with GMB.

1 week later
#4070 3 years ago

Some money, not stupid money.

In all seriousness, Soulstoner needs to contact the distributors and get on the wait list. Not everyone is looking to make money when they back out of a spot. I got my preorder in February and was offered a second spot in early June. Neither were going to cost an extra $3K.

1 week later
#4280 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Hey guys, hope you all are enjoying your games! I’m excited to get mine as I traded my alien with borygard for one! I’m number 209. Any idea on about when that might be produced? Also, How much earlier are you able to pick options. Invoice says paid in full already and bory is adding some led speakers but I’d like to add some more too.
Thanks and get wreccckkkeddd!

Still roughly 10 units per week.
If #130 has been made and ready to go, you probably have less than 2 months to wait for your machine. Now, tell me when #634 will arrive.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/85#post-5734832

1 week later
#4430 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

How can you get into the beta program

Quoted from Westbury:

Id Love to know as well!

Me three. Checks build number. #634. Nevermind. Unless you guys want to send me my machine early. I'd be tons of help as I have nothing better to do in the summer but play pinball.

1 week later
#4679 3 years ago

Would this be of service? I'm not a website designer and the info is gleaned from this thread. But, might keep us from answering the same question over and over again.
https://sites.google.com/view/whatnumber/home

#4682 3 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

I just want them to get the game stable.
I can't tell you how many times we had a great game going and the damn thing freezes or totally resets... this is running the Jun 19 2020 code.
Other than that love the game.

Code debugging is hard in general. You can help with log dumps or information on what was happening during the freeze. Spooky has a few less play testers than the other bug named brands. Even those folks will often use beta testers. All part of the process.

#4690 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Is the glass that comes on RAM anti reflective?

No. Most games don’t have it by default and I don’t think any Spooky titles ship with it.

#4791 3 years ago
Quoted from tarzxvf:

Has not been updated in a week. Should add the date to it so we know as well.
Hopefully someone posts new numbers today or tomorrow

I haven't updated because I'm just taking the info that people post in the R&M threads. No one has posted anything since I updated. However, if you are suggesting I put a date behind each item as it is updated, I can do that. I just updated the ratings today.

#4800 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I’m #159 and paid on 7/20 and posted in the thread. Unfortunately no shipping notification yet.

That's weird because #158 paid in full on 7/29. If you guys are both through the same distributor, someone might have sat on that invoice for a bit.

#4814 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Another friendly nudge that I'm looking for a BS R&M. Give me a holler if you're contemplating pulling out.

You have contacted all the distributors and made sure your name is on the wait list, correct? Probably just as much a long shot but you'd be paying retail if you got in the club instead of markup.

#4907 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Boy... did I call it... or did I call it.
Another tainted BS eBay auction.
One of the suckers that were bidding against the schill will be dumb enough to take it and not realize what happened.

You might want to re-read that. Or, which bidder do you think was the shill? The "winner" placed only a single bid. The other two "suckers" would only have to pay $100 or $200 more than what they bid to take it at the winning price. Now, when neither of those folks want it after FOMO leaves the blood stream, you now have a valid argument because it drops back down to ~10K.

#4935 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Does anybody have a read yet on how many machines they’re knocking out a week post reopening?

I'm still waiting on more data. Even people in this thread don't always give out their info. The out of order invoices for foreign bound machines is not helping either. I pretty much just ignored them.

Who Knows? (resized).pngWho Knows? (resized).png
#4937 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is "Invoiced" the build sheet request? Or an actual request for payment?

Invoiced is the build sheet. Most people seem to pay day of when they get that request, so that is listed as Paid in Full. Probably confusing but since this was just for my record keeping, that's how I thought of it.

1 month later
#5761 3 years ago
Quoted from tarzxvf:

Oh yes, I hawk over that too, but a lot of his data comes from people providing updates here.

Ha. ALL of my data comes from here. Some people private message me but I'm not bothering Spooky because I doubt they will give me that info. Plus, it doesn't really matter. It's 11 to 15 machines per week. Do the math as needed.

Also, my numbers are almost a week old because we typically don't see any new info until Tuesday.

#5768 3 years ago
Quoted from tarzxvf:

Maybe we should use a sheet to track things as well, since the numbers are jumping all over (with international shipping) or whatever.
I think we know a few of the blocks that went to the distributors at least.
We were up to early 200's and then it seems were back down to the 180's.. I am not really sure.

Quoted from jonesjb:

143 is arriving tomorrow.

Don't listen to Jones, he had his held while he moved. I just disregard all the outliers, including most of 180-200 as that seems to be the international block. We have different distributors asking for money at different times, which can also confuse things. 204 arrived last Thursday, 217 paid up today. 205-213ish should arrive this week. Let's start with that and go from there.

But most importantly, just breathe (while the Canadians mess up the logic of what we think we know with their out of sequence numbers).

#5772 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

That’s my point, there are so many variables at play there is really no rhyme or reason trying to track so close. If people keep asking for number data though, I’ll share.

I love every time you pop in with your info and confuse the crap out of folks that haven't been following. But maybe that's just me.

#5798 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Anyway, I decided to keep and store.
Again, just curious to the logic. Thanks.

I was with your train of logic until the end.

4 weeks later
#6515 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Does anyone know the shots for taking Roy off the grid? Is it just all bad decisions?

Hit the Meseeks target to show the Rick shot.

2 months later
#9397 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thx for posting. Was interested in these till I saw the mounting style. That is a poor design. Coil stops need to be very firmly help in place and plastic and extended bolt is a bad design for me.
pinmonk, and redesign possible here. Would rather mount to the spring plate or ???

Metal Standoffs (resized).pngMetal Standoffs (resized).png
1 week later
#9750 3 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

#455 paid today, for those keeping track (we know who you are)

I'll stop by in a few weeks from now to play it, thanks!

#9841 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Game froze on latest code. Not sure if Spooky folks are tuned in on this thread. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/870642069

They are. See any post by @epthegeek.

1 week later
#10153 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Someone "Key Post" this! Is that just a moderator thing? if so...please. this will help others

I would but it seems like way more steps than is currently needed on a Windows machine. Here in Windows 10, I can right click on a USB drive is File Explorer and format to Fat32. As long as your drive is smaller than 32GB, you're golden. The previous poster's steps seem overly complicated to me.

Let me know why I'm wrong and I'll keypost it up.

1 week later
#10455 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

# 551,just got my extras sheet. Is there a difference between the bill acceptor door vs non bill acceptor door other than the bill acceptor ready? Is the quality the same between the two? The other decision I'm struggling with is butter vs no butter cab.

Pretty sure the non-acceptor door will come with the Peace Among Worlds sticker in the middle while the other does not.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/12#post-5482033
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/17#post-5488769

1 week later
#10763 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I'm betting most of your day jobs don't have quite the level of critique that Pinside provides on a daily basis. I couldn't be prouder as an employer of now close to 30 talented people to how our workers reacted. We have a great group in Benton, WI.

As a schoolteacher, I’d be willing to take you up on that bet.
Thank you for being open and honest. Thank you for continually improving the game and communicating with owners. Thank you for getting us more adventures, more dimensions, more music, more callouts, more everything. Thank you for keeping the price of my game at the end of the run the same as the ones at the beginning. Looking forward to #634.

1 week later
#11008 3 years ago

I put in my option sheet for #634. I hope the guy keeping track puts it on the website.

1 week later
#11173 3 years ago
Quoted from Joemoma1990:

dumb question, I don't have "peace among worlds" on my coin door. was that a special thing I missed LOL

Did you get the bill acceptor? That coin door has a different configuration and doesn't have the sticker.

#11347 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Sorry to hear you thought my query had no merit. It seems Spooky thought it did as in their wisdom they created a solution, see wulftown reply above.
Luckily some helpful people here were able to put my mind at ease, that when I do finally receive my Rick & Morty, I can have my 6 year old play it without the chance of him reciting all the colourful language to his grade 1 class mates.
And yep, I knew what I was getting

Just wait until the kid explains the roach and rat dismemberment to their teacher from the Pickle Rick mode.

1 month later
1 week later
#12298 2 years ago
Quoted from astroroxy:

703 options submitted

Quoted from MrCleanHead:

707 options summitted on Wednesday

Sorry folks. I picked up my machine and I no longer care about the rest of you.

I mean, got it updated. Thanks.

#12314 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

During the great pinside blackout, I watched a ton of videos of games on my wishlist - R&M included.
I can see the modes look like they are great fun, but unlike the modern Sterns, couldn't see if there are leaderboards for each mode?
No idea what version code I was watching, but who doesn't love leaderboards?

There are leaderboards for each mode, as well as many others like Mega Seeds, Combos, Multiball scores, etc.

#12353 2 years ago

As a new owner, I've determined that I will probably never make all Green or all Red shots in Roy. It takes my red/green colorblind brain too long to figure out which one is which. (Yes, I can see color. Yes, I can see stoplights.) I think the main issue is because they are flashing instead of static.

#12594 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Well, he is a cloud, a gaseous being, but "Fart" is just the name he unfortunately adopts after an attempted insult from Rick.
I've been rewatching Flight of the Conchords lately. Great underrated deadpan comedy. Would buy the pin.
"You need to work on your interpersonal skills, Brett." "Shut up, Jemaine."

"Brit"
"Bret?"
"Brit"
"Breht?"
"Brit"
"Brit, in like, Brittany?"

#12599 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ok, so I’m on vacation and watching R&M (we only stream at home and here is cable)...we just got done watching the episode with human music. We had totally forgot about that dimension! We loved it. Did Eric make them linear and we have to be that good to see them? Just wondering. We play a ton, but are average players.

Fairly certain that dimension went on hiatus.

#12649 2 years ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

How quick has it been for you guys from making the payment to the pin shipping?

2 weeks.

#12688 2 years ago

I got my garage shot dialed in tonight by just taking out some screws and bending it down on the lower edge to round it more. I put the screws back in the same holes and didn't have to drill a thing. I walked away tonight from playing and said a few less curse words under my breath this time.

#12690 2 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

I'm going to be slammed, but is Rick and Morty the equivalent of Altair 8800?

Took me less than ten minutes to mess with the rail. How long to build the computer you referenced?

1 week later
#13202 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I was just going to post the same question. Would be really useful to have a PDF that describes all the adventure phases. When I'm playing, it's impossible to focus on the LCD to notice if the phases are explicit or not. In any event, seems like knowing some of the phase subtleties would help get killer scores.
[quoted image]

Can't one just take a screengrab like you did here for the different adventures?

1 week later
#13463 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So I tried out the beta code and set all the flipper stuff to defaults. Played 10-15 quick games (cause I suck) and so far so good. Both flippers taking balls to the face and standing strong. No drops during multiballs either. I like the new settings layout. Much simpler.

I think that anyone that has had flipper issues should update. I was able to drop catch / live catch without fear. Flippers felt completely normal (and I'm still using the original bushings). Thanks, Eric!

#13582 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

What is everyone seeing for Goodbye Moonmen scores?

Pretty sure I have a 7.5 million top score and that was hitting all the shots once. No stacks or Meeseeks that I remember.

#13620 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wow! How do you get to that mode? New code?

Hold the start button down after a bad ball one.

1 week later
#13837 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If it isn't obvious, I wasn't replying to you! I was replying to Chris/youdontknowme, who recently received his game and has 1 post in this thread! (and I'm pretty sure doesn't have the time to wade through 14,000 posts). Really easy to ignore without a childish, snarky comment...

In case anyone still doesn't know, go to the top of the thread and click Show Index and you can see the 74 posts that should be on your must read list. These include fixes and official statements from Charlie (Owner), Luke (Support), Scott Danesi (Designer) and Eric Priepke (Coder).

No one wants to read 14,000 posts. Especially when at least 1K of those posts are owners bickering about opinions.

Keyposts y'all (resized).pngKeyposts y'all (resized).png
#13981 2 years ago
Quoted from Beamer2007:

When the adventure selector randomly makes a selection, What is 'Real fake doors'? I always see this on the list, but has never been chosen...??
thanks...

Real Fake Doors is a commercial from Interdimensional Cable. It is not a real award.

#14067 2 years ago

I think JJP calls it a chase ball.

4 weeks later
#14757 2 years ago

No matter what, when you realign flippers, you’ll probably never got them all exactly where they were. I need to revisit my upper but I’m afraid the pawl isn’t up to another tightening. I need to see if I still have an extra before I give it a whirl.

1 week later
#15018 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Cool you got to see it....I heard it accidently leaked in Canada (I think) and lots of folks got to see it ahead of it's 8/1 release!

I got confused because I just watched the most recent episode. Do not need an adventure based on “Space Sperm”.

#15127 2 years ago
snap.gifsnap.gif
#15145 2 years ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

Hi again,
Thanks for the tips on the rattling glass. Now its not rattling anymore. Just one ”issue” remains, speakers does a ”small poof sound when game is turned off. Anyone know why?
Thanks!

Leftover power in the power amp gets sent to the speakers on shutdown, causing a popping sound. Not a problem as far as I know. You could reach in the coin door and turn off the amp first if you wanted to do so.

I’d also ask the question of does it sound any different than the pops when you turn the game on?

#15169 2 years ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

I don't see any option to toggle family mode. Where can I find this or doesn't code support family mode?

Hit the menu button, then hold down the launch button. It will toggle swearing to Never. Animated Violence is there to stay.

2 weeks later
#15594 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I frequently get callouts to “get to the car” and “get to the ship”, when there is nothing redeemable at the scoop.
Are these referring to something else?

Lock shots for multiball.

4 months later
#16823 2 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

You know how the lockdown bar can get kinda sticky? Mine has been sticky the entire time I've owned it so I've always just beat the one corner down. Yep. One beat too many. Sigh. Freakin glass everywhere! Good news is I'll dismantle the upper part of the playfield to remove glass and start making all the necessary tweaks.[quoted image]

Ouch. Sorry to hear.

#16878 2 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Portal mods for speaker panel
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What if one side was actually their butts from the opposite side of the portal? In one and out the other?

8 months later
#18656 1 year ago
Quoted from fnord:

Just had an interesting one.
- In Whirly Dirly
- Start MB
- End MB
- Open lock
- Lock 1 ball
- Start Meeseeks mania
- Open 2nd lock and ball immediately goes into lock
- Second meeseeks ball drains while there's still time left
- Machine gives me back the one ball but ends meeseeks mania
I expected it to give me another ball for the lock

I would say that is pretty common.

1 week later
#18753 1 year ago

This is the Rick and Morty game forum. Might I suggest posting your open letter in a public forum that he is more likely to see so that you can enlighten him to how his actions have affected you personally?

https://www.facebook.com/DeadFlip

#18755 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Are you new to Pinside? It’s a forum for members to share all sorts of ideas. Lots of lengthy discussions here.

That reminds me. He could have just posted it here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadflip-now-on-pinside

3 weeks later
#18839 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

yeah, I saw an R&M delivered where both rails came out and the PF was at the bottom of the cab - game works fine but it was a job pulling out the PF to put the rails back on
I have no clue why Spooky doesn't thru-bolt the rails like other MFG's SpookyBug ?

Can you butter a bolt?

3 months later
#19376 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

What I'm gonna do is check my battery voltage with a VOM. Be right back!
Okay, that was easy! Didn't even need to install any library packages or anything!
It's at 3.24 volts still, so I'm good for a while. When it gets much below 3, I'll start worrying about it. The trick is to remember to check it occasionally!
Easy to measure, too. One lead to the exposed side of the battery (+), and one to the ground screw nearby.
Perhaps some games received not-so-fresh batteries, or it could be the occasional lemon battery slips through. If a fresh replacement also loses voltage too quickly, then start worrying about the board.
It would be interesting to see what voltage remains in a battery that has failed its purpose. Then we'd have some idea how low we can safely go. Snaroff, do you still have the old battery?

So, one could theoretically tell your Pinside Collection that you changed batteries 11 months ago and it would send you a reminder to check it in March?

4 months later
#19790 9 months ago
Quoted from pinballM:

Is it possible to have a spare part from Pinball Life if available ?
or the print file is welcome !

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4611728
Would need some measurements of the original but I'm willing to bet someone could make the necessary adjustments.

4 weeks later
#19844 8 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Did you find someplace where the harsher stuff gets through? or are you one of those guys that wants "Damn" and "Hell" censored?

I had the "Pack your shit" speech come up at Game Over. Doesn't bother me but I can see how that one would be a bit much if you had swearing to Never (which I do because I like the bleeps).

#19855 8 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I thought I had that flagged for 100% only (and even then, it’s should be really rare) - so I’ll check on that.

To be fair, I had done the quick game restart by going to the menu and leaving at one point during my session.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 210.00
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.
Toppers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newovad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=newovad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.