(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monitorpop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15458 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This is what mine looks like.
Make the rest of the rail follow the graphics as close as you can...but the end will actually be off the graphics and closer to the post (not behind it).

My left rail seems to only be adjustable further out over the playfield graphic. This is image shows it pushed back as far back as it goes. Am I missing something? Any ideas? I’m not a great player but this shot is currently brutal for me on this machine compared to the other R&M machines I have played.

F86A8634-2D93-4B86-AB07-4ED8815792D7 (resized).jpegF86A8634-2D93-4B86-AB07-4ED8815792D7 (resized).jpeg
#15462 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Get out the drill.

Quoted from Zablon:

1. You will most likely need to drill a new pilot hole

Bummer. I really hate the idea of drilling into my playfield.

1 week later
#15657 2 years ago

I’m totally down. No reason they couldn’t rock selling a software ‘expansion pack’ like video game companies have been printing money with for years.

Quoted from Reznnate:

750*$20 is $15k and might be enough to cover some of Spooky's costs...

1 week later
#15838 2 years ago

Sold out from manufacture/distributors but it pops up on from individuals the marketplace here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/rick-and-morty-blood-suckers-edition

2 new in box have each sold for $13k+ in the last month. Used seems to be around $10k+ w/ one looking like it just sold for $11,500.

Quoted from TouchingEvil:

How much does this pin cost. Can i order it or is it out of stock ?

2 weeks later
#15989 2 years ago

Would be cool to see how other people additions/mods all come together. I’m keeping it pretty simple with Drunk Rick, Evil Morty, and a Ghost In A Jar around the ship since it felt a bit bare. Also added a Pickle Rick to cover the wire going up to the right ramp. Earthquake/museum putty works great keeping things in place.

3A735F6F-968E-4B20-A4E7-D006EBDAA51F (resized).jpeg3A735F6F-968E-4B20-A4E7-D006EBDAA51F (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#16066 2 years ago

Stoked for my set of 4 to arrive tomorrow.

Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Also, wanted to just quickly say that I got one of the MRS switches from Sonic and it works brilliantly.
I was having an issue with shots registering around the inner loop, and despite putting washers under the switches, I could not get it to work without issue.
The MRS fixed this, and I'm even ordering one more for the second switch in that loop.

#16067 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I was having issues with that right orbit too. But, I found that just removing the rubber there seems to have mostly resolved the issue. If I have a wonky shot that is a little to the left of the orbit it still can get hung up, but it happens far less often without that rubber.

Great tip! Just removed mine. Should have thought to do it sooner.

1 week later
#16126 2 years ago

My R&M has had a high pitch squeak sound any time the shaker motor is on. No squeaking from physically shaking the pin or subwoofer vibrations. I finally narrowed it down tonight. Manually rotating the shaker reproduced the noise but no amount of oil stops it. However, I noticed that it only made the noise when rotated counterclockwise. So I reversed the wires (see photo) to make it rotate clockwise and finally no squeaking!

Posting for anyone else who might have the same issue.

A7F0CE67-127B-43FE-81B3-1C6575625279 (resized).jpegA7F0CE67-127B-43FE-81B3-1C6575625279 (resized).jpeg
#16127 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I’ve searched through this thread and haven’t found this… but has anyone written up some instructions on the best way to tweak the spinner shot?

These might help:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/46#post-5613581

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/48#post-5616071

#16132 2 years ago

Welcome to the club! It is such a great pin that is worth the effort to get it dialed it.

I really didn’t want to drill new holes in the playfield but I’m glad I did. I suck at pinball but I can now make the left garage shot ~70% of the time vs just getting lucky with it on occasion before.

I also recommend checking out the magnetic switches from @sonic. They can speed things up a bit and make the outer right loop register consistently.

I’m installing the new bushings and Tibetan Breeze flipper cooling kit tomorrow… and at some point I still need to remove the house to reword things so the ball stops hitting the screws.

Good thing I enjoy tweaking it…

Quoted from 27dnast:

So, I recently joined the RM club. Traded an EHOH for a Blood Suckers. This game is way more up my alley than Elvira. I'm currently tweaking to get the shots smoother. Right now, I got the upper right horseshoe loop super smooth and fast using Rob Anothy's suggestions. My spinner shot is pretty good... I'm going to have to take the house off again to tweak the ball path once it leaves the metal guide (still getting some clunk on the diverter).
The left garage shot is still kind of a mess. I think I'm going go the route of Carl (ie pinball) and move the ball guide and drill new holes.
Also, ordered the new shooter wire form. The stock one is painfully bad. Just when I think I have it dialed in, it starts clunking the ball back down the wireform.
Also ordered the cooling fans (I played for an hour the other night and couldn't make the left ramp about 30 minutes in).
All-in all, I stoked to have this machine in my lineup. I'm not even a RM fan (and I love the humor in the game).
Any must haves suggetions would be appreciated!

#16140 2 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:I was told recently they didn’t have any of the correct bushings on hand and unsure when they were getting more. Therefore, I went ahead with the x spacers.

Strange. I just got mine delivered 2 weeks ago. Seems like they would need to have plenty on hand for all the UM / HWN games they are making now.

#16142 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Are they doing thinner pfs again for these two titles?

I can’t find the post now but I thought that I read that awhile back. Also, I think how Charlie described the new bushings indicated that they were for Spooky go forward. I’d be surprised if they changed their playfields with the success they have had using them compared to JJP.

1 week later
#16203 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

truth be told i have not even reached Rick Potion #9 yet.

Same here!

Although I’m pretty sure I had one of the worst aligned machines Spooky made. IE: Only making it through the orbit from the spinner side 1 out of 10 times because it gets hung up at the diverter seam, Right most switch only getting triggered 50% of the time, garage shot rail/guide pushed way out making the shot require perfection and luck, etc… I think I finally have it mostly dialed now. Fast and smooth now. My worst games are now better than my best games a month ago. The game is so good that it was worth it.

3 weeks later
#16414 2 years ago

R&M listings were rare (up and gone in a day) a few months ago. Then a few sold for $13K+ and that seems to have triggered some of the current listings. Hard to resist that level of profit when new games are calling your name.

For me, I don’t see R&M leaving my house anytime soon. Especially after spending the time getting it dialed in. It’s just a ton of fun to play. It is very challenging but I prefer that in a home pin I’m playing every day. The theme integration is so entertaining that my friends playing it for the first are too busy laughing to care that it’s a hard game because hearing/seeing new content and starting different adventures is easy.

On the quality side. Spooky has above and beyond service so nothing to worry about there even if something happens. I bought my R&M from a marketplace listing. The topper and apron were both damaged in transit. I emailed Spooky about buying replacements and they sent them to me for free even though the pin was shipped to the original buyer months earlier.

No pin is for everyone but this one certainly has a group that loves it. If you don’t like tweaking things, buy one of the listings that has already done it or is shooting smooth from the factory.

Quoted from pinballM:

how do you explain that there are 9 rick & morty for sale in the ads? is the game really good? i wonder? are there any quality issues?
i would like to buy one but i have had no success with the sellers

#16424 2 years ago

Already done and patiently waiting for #403. Although, I find it hard to believe the Spooky + TheNoTrashCougar combo can be topped for my personal game play preference.

Quoted from pinballM:

if all the spooky are getting better and better, there is the ultra man and halloween to buy go go ...

1 week later
#16522 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

It is tight as heck, I do not want to break the mechanism to unscrew the nut.

Yeah, tightening it back up makes me nervous because of how much force it required… but without it, the flipper just snaps back out of alignment when used. I actually want to tweak mine again but keep pushing it off because I find tweaking the flippers on a Spooky machine to be a huge pain in the ass… 2 tools in coordination at full force around obstructions.

1 month later
#16906 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Was playing a game today on the most recent code drop and the game froze on Ball 3 (flippers were dead, no audio, video was frozen). When I rebooted everything went back to normal.
Not suggesting it's a new bug. Anyone else have this happen?
[quoted image]

same exact thing happened to me tonight for the 1st time… right as I was about to get to Love Potion #9 for the 1st time.

(Last time I updated code was July)

#16923 2 years ago

Same here. Maybe the big subwoofer pulling air (and dust) into the machine?

Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I thought it was the black rubbers too. But I have changed all of mine out to Neon Green or clear so there are no black rubbers to mark it up. Although I would hope they are non-marking rubber regardless. I was sure the issue was dirt in the subway or maybe my ramp not getting clean enough under the airball protector but I have more than once taken all those parts off and cleaned them thoroughly

1 month later
#17234 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:The motor hardly makes any noise. It’s the gearbox.
Pull the motor out and see.
rd

That gearbox is noisy as F. Had to turn mine off.

#17244 2 years ago

I think this site has most everything:
https://rickandmortypinball.help

This video on the scoop is helpful too:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/67#post-5689714

Quoted from richierich85:

Hey guys, instead of browsing and trying to find information can someone point me In the right direction for all the rick and morty pinball tweaks to get it really dialled in nicely. I have changed flipper bushes and installed titan rubbers but still very clunky at times and shots not smooth etc. Any link or advice is great. cheers

#17248 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Everything you need to know should be pinned in this Thread. Phots, Videos Instructions...it is all pinned up top, I think?

Strange. Works for me without issue.

I think this post a good amount of the same content:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/46#post-5613581

1 month later
#17412 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I got so excited when I finally qualified for Rick Potion 9 that I excidently selected Blood Dome…the one and only time I made it that far…

The one and only time I’ve made it to Rick Potion 9, I drained almost immediately after it started… but the challenge keeps me coming back for more (abuse).

#17469 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

For those using the MRS, which made the most difference. Decking out a R&M full of new switches ain't cheap!

I did all except for the outlanes. The upper right most switch made the biggest difference.

#17525 1 year ago
Quoted from DNO:

Now, the ball gets stuck to the magnet on the MRS.

I had the same with one of my MRS. Just needed to loosen it up a bit so it wasn’t pressed so tight to the playfield and zero issues since.

2 weeks later
#17627 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

there are so many mods for this game.
I noticed on the loop shots with the upper right flipper the ball gets stuck under the house somewhere...what's the fix for that? Removing that house doesn't look like a trivial project, but if I need to adjust the diverter and some ball guides to fix this,.[quoted image][quoted image]

Removing the house to fix that shot it worth it! I put it off because it seemed looked like a pain but it wasn’t bad. Now it’s my favorite shot in the game. This photo (from @iepinball) shows how the ball can get hung up. After you make adjustments, just be sure you test it out really well before screwing the house and everything else back down.

Also, MRS Are the best mod for Rick & Morty.

FBA49C59-F179-4A99-B912-2F0A8441E2D0 (resized).jpegFBA49C59-F179-4A99-B912-2F0A8441E2D0 (resized).jpeg
#17629 1 year ago

Anyone else find themselves on other pins trying to press an antigravity button that doesn’t exists? I play R&M so much that it is just an automatic reaction now… very disappointing to find the button is missing.

#17645 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Thanks! Have you had to do the rubber cement fix too? Just wondering if most folks have this sort of issue.

Spooky hot glue guns many connections but some are done better than others. I’ve had to redo a few because they came loose, including both counters.

1 week later
#17677 1 year ago

Might be good for some new mods…

RICK AND MORTY RETURN TO MONDO WITH SERIES 2 FIGURES:
https://nerdist.com/article/rick-and-morty-figures-collectibles-mondo-series-2-meeseeks-big-arm-morty/

6 months later
#19007 1 year ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

The exact same thing happened to me. I ordered rebuild kits today. The clamp material is too soft.

Adjusting Spooky flippers is a nightmare…

#19009 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

So glad I never had to adjust them before I put in these precision flippers. The top of playfield adjustments are a game changer. Having to pull the PF, mess with the clamp, adjust, re-tighten, and probably have to adjust again would be a nightmare. With these once the post is secure you can adjust the flippers (or swap them) all you want.

Didn’t even know those existed until these recent posts. I’m seriously considering getting some for my pins.

#19023 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Caution: they’re addictive. I thought they were a gimmick, but then I saw posts showing the machining quality and decided to buy a set for RnM…. Just order two more sets on Black Friday. Now thinking about ordering a set for my TNA, which hasn’t even shipped yet.

Do we need the “Flipper Shaft precision bushings” for R&M or just the flipper kit? I assume the bushings are too long for the thinner Spooky playfield.

#19103 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Shapeshifter I plan to have purple available on the next production run middle of Feb next year, maybe a little sonner.

Purple will look good on my Scooby next year. I hope there is a solve for attaching the bookcase to the left upper playfield flipper.

3 weeks later
#19192 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Photo's of the Keyed Shaft/Clamp set-up for those who haven't yet seen it.

Any idea when the purple precision flippers will be back in stock?

2 weeks later
#19251 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Officially a Rick & Morty owner!!!
This game is fun! Now to figure out what version I’m running and the Ruleset

Nice! That happened fast.

#19335 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Coming soon in case anyone is interested in Purple!
[quoted image]

Those would be great on my Scooby!

1 month later
#19606 1 year ago

Anyone else have average ball times this crazy good?!

FDF77AD3-AFB3-4C96-A5BB-B7337B62DC90 (resized).jpegFDF77AD3-AFB3-4C96-A5BB-B7337B62DC90 (resized).jpeg
9 months later
#20056 4 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'm considering trying to acquire a R&M now that they are hitting $10K on the market instead of $12.5K. I'm on the fence as I've never been able to play one in a home environment.
1. What do you love about it?
2. What do you hate about it?
3. It still seems a bit high dollar for a Spooky. Without the rarity, does it feel like a $10K game?
Thanks for your input!

I don’t hate anything about it but it isn’t for everyone. You have to be good with the fact that it is an ass kicker challenging game with tight shots. Many coming from a Stern might not like that challenge but there isn’t a more rewarding pin when it’s dialed in and you’re hitting the shots/combos. If you’re into that, then it is a great home use pin that keeps you coming back for more, trying to master it.

The theme integration, sound, callouts, lights, and code are all great. Super fun to play and always has people laughing. It was my only pin for a year and I played it almost every day. Now that I have multiple pins, I still regularly play it and haven’t gotten bored with it.

Not sure what “for a Spooky” means since they generally pack more into their games and have equal quality with better service than most. Comparing what else you can get for $10k, I’d say you would be getting your $ worth… if you’re good with it not being easy.

#20069 4 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, that was noticed as the thread progressed that each game had to have it's own tweaks as there was a wide difference in builds. That did not get better as the run progressed, which was a bit disappointing. I hope they've remedied that in later releases.

I hit the jackpot and had to make every posted tweak/modification to dial mine in… but it was worth it.

#20076 3 months ago
Quoted from Svente69:

My Christmas present for the R&M
[quoted image]

Great sign! I’ve got mine hanging next to R&M.

Where did you get your glass protector?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
Trade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,500 (OBO)
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monitorpop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=monitorpop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.