(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider melumga.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#110 4 years ago

The evil Morty song (‘For The Damaged Coda’) never played during the entire stream. Instead we only heard Scott’s remix of the R&M theme after game over. I hope the song hasn’t been removed.

1 week later
#888 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It says that when you put your initials in after a high score.

I believe he says "Shoot me what you got!".

1 week later
#1313 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Any update if you’re able to include the evil morty music during game over?

Hearing this song in Spooky's sneak peak video added a new dimension (see what I did there!) to the game. I really hope it makes it into the final code (or someone can mod the code to put it in!).

3 months later
#3358 3 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

I don't know my number yet, but my distributor in Europe asked me for details regarding the add-on options.
Looks like a number of machines might be heading to Europe soon! Super excited.

Anyone have an idea of when they're arriving in Australia? I haven't been asked for add-ons yet.

1 month later
#4311 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Blew out the pop bumper! Does the brown plastic go on coil side and can it go opposite way of the metal arrow? Only way we can put it back in without taking it all out. 3 washers per side and a nut for each pole. [quoted image]

You sure you just weren't in the dimension where the pop bumper is disabled? :-/

#4386 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

If it's the same situation as me, number not known.... whatever is built to go in the Aussie group container I suppose. I have asked a few times, but can't seem to get any info. It's no big deal.
I put my options list in about 3 weeks ago as well, as soon as we recieved it.

I'm in Aus and got my invoice this morning. Got my options list on June 19.

1 month later
#5612 3 years ago

Could this sequence work for Extra Ball? From the Vindicators episode (S03E04)...

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 10.55.12 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-09 at 10.55.12 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-09 at 10.55.40 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-09 at 10.55.40 am (resized).png
1 week later
#5807 3 years ago

Any Aussies have an idea when they'll arrive on our shores?

1 week later
#5926 3 years ago

That's the Morty the player used to get that particular achievement.

#5928 3 years ago

Ah yes, I see what you mean now.

1 month later
#7070 3 years ago

Aus ones were meant to have landed in Sydney on Tuesday. Does anyone have news on them?

1 week later
#7364 3 years ago

I received my machine yesterday (the first in Australia to do so, I’m told) and it hasn’t been the best experience. I started feeling anxious when I noticed the top of the box was bulging and had a tear in it (image 1)

Here is my list of day 1 woes:

- Chip in butter cabinet (front left) - image 2.
- Cabinet splits in both front sides - image 3, 4.
- Coat pooling under leg area on front left - image 5.
- Left ramp was not aligned with hole in back wall and dug into it. image 6.
- “Hardware Connection Failed” error at boot up. Power cable to board in backbox unplugged. All good now.
- Right speaker not working. Caused by broken clip that holds the end of the wire in the receiver in the cab. Reassembled the clip. All good.
- Ball save timer screen not displaying all sections of the numbers. Loose cable under the screen. Keeps coming loose every few games.
- Phantom ball locks occurring a lot. The game erroneously thinks a ball has been locked in the horse shoe and then launches a second ball into play. Flippers stop after one of the balls has drained. I’m on latest code - 2020.10.12
- Game reboots when another ball is in play due to a phantom ball lock situation and Gromflomite MB is started.

I've emailed Spooky and am awaiting a response.

IMG_8891 (resized).jpegIMG_8891 (resized).jpegIMG_8895 (resized).jpegIMG_8895 (resized).jpegIMG_8896 (resized).jpegIMG_8896 (resized).jpegIMG_8897 (resized).jpegIMG_8897 (resized).jpegIMG_8898 (resized).jpegIMG_8898 (resized).jpegIMG_8913 (resized).jpegIMG_8913 (resized).jpeg
#7447 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Ok so we have established now that Mark 100% sighted the container and confirms damage was due to the way it was packed.
Also we are now hearing that a couple of owners who have their R&Ms already, have discovered broken parts like the right ramp post. We are now waiting to see how the other owners fair as they take delivery around the country across the next few days. I’m now very nervous about what I’m going to find with mine come Monday.

Mark sent me some photos of the games as he received them. He states that "They put 8 of the games on top of other games. Yours was one of the ones underneath hence the damage on the top. Travelling 40 days on a ship with 130kg games on top. I think there also must have been some rough weather as it looks like those games on top might have moved around a lot. That’s a lot of weight on the games underneath".

IMG_0238 (resized).jpgIMG_0238 (resized).jpgIMG_0240 (resized).jpgIMG_0240 (resized).jpgIMG_0248 (resized).jpgIMG_0248 (resized).jpgIMG_0249 (resized).jpgIMG_0249 (resized).jpg
#7507 3 years ago

I really don’t mean to be a Negative Nancy, but aside from the cabinet damage during transit (which I’m sure Spooky will make right), I’m also having issues with phantom ball locks and reboots. Here’s a video (shot over 3 consecutive games) that captures the weirdness.

I’ve checked and reseated all of the optos. The switch test shows the correct switches firing as the ball activates them. The dropdown target tests pass with no errors.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Oh and I'm on the latest code - 2020.10.12.

#7510 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Mr Meeseeks was def right ... "It's gettin' wierd!" Lol
Send log data to Eric perhaps hey?
There could be some mixed up switch connectors, or something, too?
Also, is the ball save countdown timer intended to come to a halt part way through its countdown, for seconds at a time?

Yeah, I was also thinking that some wiring got mixed up. All the labels on the wires into the 2 opto boards (which have stickers naming them "Rick opto board" and "Morty opto board" ) match their port numbers. And the switch test shows the correct switches activating in the horseshoe and around the PF.

Not really sure how to get the log data. Something about sticking a USB key in, downloading the log onto the key then emailing to Eric ? I'll figure it out.

Never noticed the ball save countdown pause like that. I know that the cable for the countdown display keeps coming loose, which manifests as missing digits (pixels?) in the numbers, but that's a different issue.

#7513 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There are two cables for each timer display below the playfield. Check to make sure old hot glue isn’t still on there, preventing a good connection. Remove the hot glue and reattach. Add a dab of new hot glue if needed if they fall out. I think the use too much hot glue sometimes and it seeps under the connector and pushes it up a bit.

Thanks. Yes there is a lot of hot glue there, although I can't tell if it's the glue that's preventing a good connection since I've used electrical tape to cover it and hold it in place for now. Seems to be doing the trick.

1 week later
#7990 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

What causes s drop target to fire repeatedly.... in my case the rick drop under the car..
If I hit near it it will fire while the target itself is already up. Sometimes it will fire over and over again I counted it fire 11 times in a row.
Anything to check to fix it would be great.

I'm having a similar issue but on the left side. Traced it to a flakey "Ship Left Bottom Opto". In switch test mode it would seemingly activate randomly even when nothing is happening on the playfield. Spooky is shipping me a replacement opto and wiring. In the meantime, I've been able to still enjoy the game somewhat by swapping the plugs for the Ship Left Bottom Opto and the Left Ramp Opto on the opto board. Having the left ramp activate randomly is a lot less annoying than having the ball lock activate randomly...and I can get to and through adventures easier

#8253 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Yep, all my posts I use (replace) urethane as it exhibits the best durability by far, and plays just fine. I gave up on silicone a long time ago, it's just too weak as piss to give good value for pinball machines, especially the energetic kind like TNA or RaM.
Mostly I use Superbands, but others make good urethane rings as well, I think Cliffy uses the good stuff too.
Superband slim post sleeves fitted fine (not loose) on my TNA, and I ordered the same for RaM. On TNA they already outlasted the originals by 4 fold and still look brand new. Same for flipper rings. Chewed up post sleeves and flipper rings... that isn't a thing anymore if you go to a suitable material, well so I've found anyway.

Where's the best place in Aus to order these Superband sleeves? Thanks.

1 week later
#8804 3 years ago

Got to Rick Portion #9 twice tonight. Love, love, love the choice of music! I'm wondering why this clip of Morty invoking his right to choose every 10th adventure isn't in the game:

3 weeks later
#9572 3 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

I recall a post a while back about a random second ball being served up. I am getting this from time to time.
It seems to be when I am shaking the machine. I'm wondering if one of the switches in the ball trough could cause it if it was being opened or closed by the vibration? Or should I be looking for the ball eject coil being grounded somehow ? Draining the first "legitimate" ball doesn't trigger the end of ball sequence.
Generally when it happens I am pleased to get another life
And in other news, I adjusted my flippers closer to the alignment holes (but not all the way) and it definitely improved the ability to make the left ramp, while still allowing a backhand to the right ramp (slightly harder than it was with the flippers as shipped).

This happens to me due to a flakey opto switch (left bottom ship opto just behind the Morty dropdown target). It fires randomly and makes the game think a ball is locked. Go into the switch test and shake things up a bit. See if any switch fires then check all the wiring to that switch. In my case, the flakey opto will fire (i.e. lose connection or detect a break in the opto beam) even when I'm not near the machine. Spooky are sending me a new switch.

1 month later
#11067 3 years ago

Has anyone else already destroyed their flipper rubbers? I haven't filed down my bushings. Waiting for Spooky to send some out.

IMG_9452 (resized).jpegIMG_9452 (resized).jpeg
#11079 3 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

How many games did that take you?

Audit says 155 games played. Had the game since November.

#11162 3 years ago

Does anyone else do the running man when you fill up the Morty card and the flu-hating rap starts? ... Or is it just me?

1 month later
#12563 3 years ago
Quoted from jguzik420:

I'm curious and thinking out loud, if there's a Vindicators mode coming. We got Noob Noob ‍

That's one of my fav episodes and the Saw challenge stages lends itself to being a mode, IMO. It's also the episode that Morty invokes his right to choose 1 in every 10 Rick and Morty adventures.

"Drunk Rick's point is that none of you are any special or different. That's always his point".

2 months later
#14840 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but it would be killer to have a co-op mode on R&M. Up to 4 Mortys playing with one total score, and use of the same adventure card. This would make it more fun with a bunch of people playing, and more use of the 10th adventure.

On occasion I've set the game to 9 balls to play co-op with my kids. But yeah, it would be nice if co-op was incorporated into the game with scoring and a quick way to enable it, a la TNA.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider melumga.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=melumga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.