(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krsmith9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1329 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

- Changed: Right flipper use cuts the antigrav magnet to avoid a fuse problem

I hope there is a different long term solution to this issue. Not being able to use the magnasave while cradling the right flipper while in multiball is disappointing...

1 month later
#2323 4 years ago

BSE 109 here. Completely agree that these issues need to be dealt with at the factory. Just watch Karl’s streams. The game shoots orders of magnitude better with the changes he made.

#2525 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

And just a suggestion, I would have Spooky keep the tabs there, just not screw them in. If the future owner wants to make the loop more arc-like in shape and "plant" it in, they can do that. What I would be afraid of, is that the loop still won't shoot smoothly even without the screws there, and the needed anchor points are missing to keep the roundness.
I took the screws out of my loop and wasn't 100% happy with the shot flow. The curve wouldn't "stay put." I took the plunge to increase the arc in that loop and drill holes further back, and now it's great.

I agree. I hope all Spooky is doing isn't just removing the screws from the inner loop and removing the tabs that go along with it. The game plays so much better with Karl's adjustments. I hope Spooky takes a really close look at it and responds accordingly.

2 weeks later
#2681 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

There's a change in the next release to flipper hold behavior that should help.

Any fix for the issue of no magnasave while right flipper is held?

2 weeks later
#2968 3 years ago

I got my final option selection email from Spooky today. I’m 109.

#3044 3 years ago

Without spoilers, I liked the season finale, but I hope they use something else for the final wizard mode. They said they were waiting for end of season to decide what to do for the wizard mode.

#3079 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm not sure where you heard that, but these things are not related at all. The one thing I have said (not sure about anybody else) is that there will be at least one (and hopefully more) adventures you can only pick once you fill the adventure card.

Bowen commented in one of Karl’s streams, that you all weren’t going to start discussing a final decision wizard mode until the current season ended, unless I was hallucinating...

Why wouldn’t you want to put a final wizard mode in the game at some point?

#3081 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

At what point did I saw we would not? I just said we don't have a plan YET.
And what I meant by "these things aren't related" is that even if we were waiting for the end of season 4 (apparently, according to what Bowen said) it wasn't because we wanted to use the finale of season 4 AS the content for a final wizard mode -- that was the correlation being made.

Cool. I interpreted your earlier statement of “There aren't currently any plans for a "final" mode at this point” to mean you weren’t planning on having one, not that you hadn’t planned what it might be. Glad to know I’m wrong. Keep up the good work!

1 week later
#3293 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Watch Karl or Jack Danger play. Their Pops are both scorching fast and because they both will play with a lot less intent on maintaining control, you will see the Pop in action.

Uhh... Karl is about as skilled of a control player as you’ll see... Your ultimate point that that the pop is plenty powerful is correct though. :-p

#3375 3 years ago

BSE 109 here. Got my final invoice. Any sense for how long after final invoice is paid before shipping occurs? Such much anticipation!

1 week later
#3692 3 years ago

Got word that 109 is ready to ship.

#3704 3 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Wow! That was fast!
How soon are they shipped after final payment?

It was 8 days for me.

#3923 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

#83 is the latest to be delivered?

I received 109 yesterday

0A7C3EB7-F7D9-4CAE-B03C-C795F7E6D771 (resized).jpeg0A7C3EB7-F7D9-4CAE-B03C-C795F7E6D771 (resized).jpeg
#3964 3 years ago

Some early impressions on the latest builds -- I received mine Tuesday:

Build quality is really nice. The decals are the by far the nicest I've seen from any manufacturer.

I have had no issues with the spinner shot not hitting cleanly. They seem to have adjusted the angle/position of the rail, drilling new spots for the screws, rather than just removing the screws as they said they were doing earlier. I can't see whether they made any adjustments at the top of the spinner shot at the diverter, but I have also had no balls rattling up there.

The garage shot was still pretty clunky. Didn't look like they made any adjustments to it from earlier builds. I spent about an hour making @troz's suggested modifications to the ball guide along the garage shot and now it shoots like butter. I highly recommend making the modification (see post #2300 of this thread). The most difficult part was getting the plastics off. It seems like Spooky drilled the holes for the plastics one size too small - they are stuck on there so tightly, at first I thought they must have been glued down. Took a lot of force to remove them, but luckily I didn't crack the plastic. I hope Spooky starts making the holes in the plastics a bit bigger, so we don't have to worry about cracking plastics when servicing the machine.

It's a beautiful machine. I'm glad Spooky is listening to customers and making adjustments. Well done!

**EDIT: Not sure what I was looking at the first time. There are actually two tabs on the spinner rail that aren't screwed in. The rail has no flex to it though. The arc of the rail has been changed. The holes in the empty tabs don't line up at all with the original screw holes. Sorry for the confusion in my post originally.

#3966 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Where are the new screws now, do you have photos?

I tried to just do exactly what iepinball did. Check out the photos in post 2300.

#3968 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I think he means the position of the screws in the spinner loop lane. If they are indeed screwed down. Glad to hear the loop shoots well.

Oh wow. I looked again and there are two screws that aren’t in. Not sure what I was looking at before... I’ll edit my original post. There is no flex to it though. The rail is bent to different angle. The tabs aren’t close to where the original holes are.

#3969 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Some early impressions on the latest builds -- I received mine Tuesday:
Build quality is really nice. The decals are the by far the nicest I've seen from any manufacturer.
I have had no issues with the spinner shot not hitting cleanly. They seem to have adjusted the angle/position of the rail, drilling new spots for the screws, rather than just removing the screws as they said they were doing earlier. I can't see whether they made any adjustments at the top of the spinner shot at the diverter, but I have also had no balls rattling up there.
The garage shot was still pretty clunky. Didn't look like they made any adjustments to it from earlier builds. I spent about an hour making troz's suggested modifications to the ball guide along the garage shot and now it shoots like butter. I highly recommend making the modification (see post #2300 of this thread). The most difficult part was getting the plastics off. It seems like Spooky drilled the holes for the plastics one size too small - they are stuck on there so tightly, at first I thought they must have been glued down. Took a lot of force to remove them, but luckily I didn't crack the plastic. I hope Spooky starts making the holes in the plastics a bit bigger, so we don't have to worry about cracking plastics when servicing the machine.
It's a beautiful machine. I'm glad Spooky is listening to customers and making adjustments. Well done!

**edit I don’t know what I was looking at the first time. There are two tabs that aren’t screwed down. The rail has no flex to it though. It’s been bent at a different arc. The original holes don’t line up with the empty tabs at all.

#3970 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I think he means the position of the screws in the spinner loop lane. If they are indeed screwed down. Glad to hear the loop shoots well.

Here’s the current angle of shot. Can’t get a good pic of where the empty tabs line up without taking stuff apart. The rail is pushed back further from where it used to be.

8D8C21BF-7227-4EA2-8433-53A572C36FF8 (resized).jpeg8D8C21BF-7227-4EA2-8433-53A572C36FF8 (resized).jpeg
#3973 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Ah, so the inner orbit has the same holes, they just aren’t screwed in. This was the original change they mentioned of removing the two screws. I had thought you were saying the inner orbit is screwed into a completely different spot.

That’s what I thought when I first looked at it, but I was wrong. That said, the screw removal doesn’t appear to just be to “add some flex to the rail” as I had heard it before. The arc of the rail has definitely changed. It’s now pushed back beyond the artwork and if you look where the original holes are, the are well in front of where the empty tabs line up. They just didn’t drill new holes to fasten down the new arc. The rail is solid without those two tabs screwed down.

1 week later
#4199 3 years ago

Obviously this needs some work, but it looks like the Mondo toys will do nicely as a replacement/upgrade for the Rick and Morty topper plastic. Need to find some other pieces to cover the metal bracket and get the bases attached better, but I like the general look so far.

image0 (1) (resized).jpegimage0 (1) (resized).jpeg
#4247 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Has anyone else managed to knock a ball out of the lock somehow?

I’ve had it happen a couple times too. Seems like the coil for the drop target didn’t pulse fast enough to keep it up when the drop target was hit with the ball, so there was enough time for the ball behind it to fall out.

#4320 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Blew out the pop bumper! Does the brown plastic go on coil side and can it go opposite way of the metal arrow? Only way we can put it back in without taking it all out. 3 washers per side and a nut for each pole. [quoted image]

I had one side of my pop bumper come loose and jam the whole thing up. The 3 washers on each side leaves very little little room for the nut to be threaded far enough to get a hold. Can anyone from Spooky comment on why 3 washers are used? I’ve never seen that and seems to be causing the bumper to come loose.

1 week later
#4539 3 years ago

Finished my topper. Flashers on the death crystals that flash when the portal is active. Custom plastic for the pink hill to replace the stock hill that had Rick and Morty on it. I may step down the spotlights to a bit less bright of an LED. Overall happy with the result.

0608DC76-41F7-468C-9AEF-FCFD7D501B9D (resized).jpeg0608DC76-41F7-468C-9AEF-FCFD7D501B9D (resized).jpeg
#4546 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Looks great!! Where did you source the death crystals?

Spooky was kind enough to sell them to me. Same as the one on the playfield.

2 weeks later
#4895 3 years ago

Hey @epthegeek. Since you have the ballsaver only save a certain number of balls, can you have the timer turn off once it has saved all it can, so we don’t mistakenly think a ball doesn’t need to be saved and have our multiball end? Keep up the awesome work! Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 13,500.00
Trade
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,699 (OBO)
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krsmith9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=krsmith9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.