(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#715 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I like the hinges, but think I would really have to take a sharpie and dot in the pupils.[quoted image]

if you're going to do that, do them correctly (they almost look like little asterisks, not just dots
r&m pupils (resized).jpgr&m pupils (resized).jpg

#718 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

So are those hinges with Rick & Morty on them included in the BSE, or is this another extra???

the R&M silhouette hinges are made by a company tied very close to both pinball life and spooky. I believe that it's the same company doing all of the powder coated parts for the bloodsucker edition for spooky too

#726 4 years ago

I'd take one (make it an epic tye-dye'd color shirt!

#954 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

this is a launch party. All are welcome.
BTW, I am a top shelf player and tossed up 9+million on stream
If you are equally as awesome, then come on by. We may even be streaming the event, so you could be the pickle rick to show the rest of the world.

I drink top shelf alcohol, does that count?

#1027 4 years ago

noice

1 month later
#2040 3 years ago

given there is already a lot of text in that area, I agree with garretswinning that use of an existing font from one of the other nearby areas would make more sense

1 week later
#2272 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

We will have the bobble head only option by late tomorrow. Needs to have a mount. Simple enough.

could you run the wire mount down below and have it secured to the stand-off post for the ramp? I think that would have a much cleaner look to it

3 weeks later
#2773 3 years ago

just an fyi, the exclusive set of mondo figures is available again on mondo's website

https://mondoshop.com/collections/all/products/rick-morty-deluxe-figure-set-mondo-exclusive

this set includes the plumbus, pickle rick, rat king figures and an extra set of faces for both rick and morty
R3_6548_EXC_1024x (resized).jpgR3_6548_EXC_1024x (resized).jpg

Product includes:
- 2 Rick Heads
- 2 Morty Heads
- 2 pairs of Rick Hands
- 2 pairs of Morty Arms
- Portal Gun
- Bottle of Booze
- Mindblower Helmet
- 4 Mindblower Tubes
- 2 Figure Stands

Mondo Exclusive Deluxe Figure set also includes:
- Rick Burping Head
- Evil Morty Head
- Plumbus
- Pickle Rick mini figure
- Rat Boss mini figure

2 weeks later
#3064 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I love you Eric.
--Scott

but strictly platonically

2 weeks later
#3617 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

That's why the first thing I'm doing is slapping a Supreme sticker right across my R&M to fight the depreciation.

speaking of which, I saw some snowflake the other day with his baggie jeans barely hanging on (that's still a thing?) standing next to his rusted out honda. it had no back bumper, but was proudly sporting a supreme sticker on the trunk

1 month later
#4685 3 years ago

payment [in full] for no. 158 has been received. ended up getting all options available except the butter cabinet. butter would have been a nice option if it was the only game in a room, but truly can't be appreciated when packed between other games and/or walls.

#4796 3 years ago

158 checking in. what gliebig said

#4888 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Who will be the first to achieve this feat? And what might happen if you do? Hmmmm.

glass on or off?

1 week later
#5142 3 years ago

I feel left out. no news for #158

#5144 3 years ago

to be honest, list wasn't exactly cheap either (especially if you purchased all of the available add-on's

#5162 3 years ago

fall out (resized).jpgfall out (resized).jpg

my god, I hope you've got a safety net set up. that machine is going to fall out of the back of the fedex truck as soon as the driver opens the doors!!

#5163 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

You ordered the bill acceptor add-on?

I ordered the coin door with the dollar bill acceptor plate, yes.

this way I can either add a headphone jack, pre-designed mod or make my own mini / micro universe mod to put there

#5165 3 years ago

I just found out that no. 158 has been held up by my own stupid special request

note to self: do not, I repeat, do not ask scott to sign any more games. I meant to sign it with a marker!!!
and I won't even go into what eric did

#5167 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Well, clearly you want to tell us, you brought it up and you can't do a built up and, you know......not deliver :0

clearly I already explained that I was having it signed by the team (this covid thing has just made a simple request a bit more difficult, that's all
is this a us to western canada translation issue? I have no probably chatting with canadians that reside in ontario and nova scotia. are you telling me that the the people in saskatchewan as bad as those that reside in montreal?

#5277 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

<snip>.... we have this edible printer</snip>

if you get hungry, do you have decide if you want to print more or eat the printer?!?

what's the cost associated with replacing said edible printer? is it cheap enough to warrant consuming it rather than replacing the ink cartridges?

#5293 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Like with this protector... why is the rectangle cutout in there??
It doesn't appear to be in the actual plastic?
If the rectangle cutout Does Need to be there, maybe it warrants a third post up the top, for more support?

those two stress points could be eliminated with a radius on those inside corners

#5416 3 years ago

I feel like a noob, but where is an image and proper documentation on how to update my game?

I'm assuming that I just copy the latest .pkg file and put it on a usb flash drive but which port does the flash drive go into? (an image on the spookypinball website would have been nice).

is there anything else that I need to do? (just cycle the power with the usb flash drive plugged in and the update will automatically occur? again, this information should be listed on their support page.

#5423 3 years ago

thank you everyone. I stumbled through it last night before seeing an answer.

#5485 3 years ago

for those that haven't seen this game first hand, if you have the chance, don't pass it up.

the light show alone is worth the price of admission. the sweeping searchlight pattern for the start of the gromflomite battle multiball is by far the best use of lighting that I've ever seen. hats off eric and scott!

edit:
eric gets no credit for lighting. but eric gets a huge thumbs up for the game code thus far!

#5488 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Appreciate it, but the lighting is all Scott.

corrected. see above

#5490 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

Has anyone found an ideal flipper position yet? I tried adjusting them but I can no longer backhand from the right flipper. Could someone who is happy with their flippers post an image of where they are set?

+1 for a good top down image of where the upper right flipper should be set. if the machine wasn't so heavy, I believe that I would have picked it up and thrown it across the room due to bricking way too many inner loop and garage shots. my thought is that it shouldn't be this hard to make either of those two shots

1 week later
#5653 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

For anybody having video issues like this:
- Do you force restart often with the start button?
- Do you skip videos with a double flip frequently?
Not able to recreate this issue locally yet, so I’m curious what detail I might be missing.

I have not been forcing restarts. for me, the skipping/not playing seems to occur after playing [x] number of games (x being a random number). I've also left the machine on, looping through the attract mode videos and after a while it starts to stutter and ultimately stop playing them (in both attract mode and during games). as zaphX has mentioned, a shutdown and restart always clears the issue (for awhile)

I had it happen to me whether I've skipped (or not skipped the videos) using the flipper buttons. it just seems to occur after so many games / videos have been played. it starts with the videos stuttering and eventually they just don't play at all.

#5668 3 years ago

blood dome is probably the easiest mode (for me at least) to complete. backhanding the right ramp and the right side of the U loop is like butter
butter (resized).jpgbutter (resized).jpg

#5699 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I trap up often but not usually long enough to bring up the instant info.
I really think it just happens when the machine is left idle for a period of time, I will try and power it up without playing (difficult!) to confirm this.

same here. trapping just long enough to settle the ball, but not bring up the instant info. seems to occur after playing the game non-stop for a couple of hours as well as leaving it idle.

2 weeks later
#6045 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Don't forget about the drop bears, flying kangaroos, and very large cow snatching saltwater crocodiles
p.s. the last one is the actual tourist killer, maybe cos crocs are more placid where they come from?
[quoted image]
The Platypus, verging on extinct... a mammal that lays eggs!... if you see one in the wild buy a lottery ticket! They are really very cute!
[quoted image]
Also like snakes, they won't hurt you anyway, if you don't surprise them by sticking your finger up their bum or whatever. lol

but aren't they also venomous? I remember reading that the claw on their back legs excretes a venom.

yep, harmful, but not lethal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platypus_venom

2 weeks later
#6597 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Ok, pics I got vinyl pinching in all four corners and a rip in front right corner.
The game is so great, I dont care.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

yeah, I'm not sure why spooky didn't cut the decals around the leg protectors. that would have eliminated the issue altogether. stern and jjp both do it with their cabinets and decals.

the fix is to score the decal about 1/16" outside of where the leg protector rests, remove the 2 screws holding the leg protector in place, strip out that portion of the decal and then re-attach the leg protector. this should be done upon arrival of machine, even before setting it up.

#6768 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Scratch all that,
The light driver board, in the center of playfield, above the opto board is wonky.
We got it to light, by pressing on the power connector but it wont stay on, or sych colors.
And of course there are a zillion wires in the way. Shit.
[quoted image]

you might try to remove all of the hot glue from the connectors and then reseat them. I had that issue with the upper 2-digit segments because the hot glue was actually under the connector instead of holding it in place. this was causing the connector to not seat properly and only work intermittently until I removed the hot glue.

3 weeks later
#7359 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Ok update, found missing cord, up and running but topper not functioning.

check the wires leading to the topper motor. one of mine broke right at the lug connection to the motor so I had to re-solder it. a better solution would have been to use crimped connectors to slide onto the motor lugs.

the wire was very short and taught with no slack, so that could have been the cause for it breaking

#7476 3 years ago

I see that they are still putting the leg protectors over the decals. personally, I would take the time and cut the decal portion that sits underneath so that you don't go through the headaches (and heartbreaks) that many of us have experienced with the decals stretching and tearing.

3 weeks later
#8673 3 years ago

for those that haven't been following the "12 days of rickmas", today's prize is this
butter robot (resized).pngbutter robot (resized).png

which you can pre-order through the end of the year here: https://thebutterrobot.com/

2 months later
#10840 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Im curious.
PBL sold mirror blades made for TNA and you could have spooky install them when they made your game.
The mirrors that PBL sold. Were they b/w size? Were they custom cut?
Is the R&M playfield anything like tna? Could you use the template from that cut to make blades for R&M? I want to get the black mirrors....it would be nice to have a cutting guide. Can any one who has done it send me a pic?

I've got a set of brand new black mirror blades that I purchased from drano years ago but never installed. I can get dimensions of them tonight (they were originally going to go into my CftBL). asking $150 plus shipping

1 year later
#18064 1 year ago

I've been out of the club for a while now and I've been going through my items for past games that I need to clear out.

I have an NOS R&M playfield that I could persuaded to part with for the right price. pm me for more info

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.