(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iwasthebruce.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3713 3 years ago

Not an official owner yet, but patiently waiting on machine number 745!

One of the [apparently very few] non-Blood Sucker Editions :3

Just wanted to post so I can tag along with y'all here, cheers!

1 week later
#4069 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

He also asked that you let me give you some money for a R&M pre-order, please.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/96121

#4099 3 years ago

Oof, I agree...I find Pinstadium is an overpriced product, in reality you can make a set for about $30-$40 minus the controller, which I doubt is very expensive.

6 ft section of aluminum angle for under $10 and a couple LED strips and some what, velcro? Call it a day!
Hell, I'd sink magnets in and do that if I were to mimic it.

Now, I am a super novice, I'm only now restoring my second game, but I much prefer a few strategically placed smaller LED strips or spot lights to add lighting than something that I have to separately remove every time I lift the play field.
Cost is real too, but some people have more money than others and most have more than me!

Reality is, do whatever blows up your skirt :3

Here's my LAH with several additional LED strips. My wife calls it the "seizure machine" between the expanded GI and the over 9000 strobes...still has some dark spots in the picture, but that's camera magic.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4184 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Should be able to alligator clip to the existing sub and run to the external sub high level inputs.
Use the controls on the game's amp to reduce the cabinet sub volume so it's lower but still there, then turn up the gain on the external sub to where you like. Turning up the cab sub will make the external sub louder; use the external sub gain control to compensate. Fiddle with everything (including backbox volume for balance) til it sounds exactly how you like.

It'd be better to take the signal from before the built-in amplifier to get a line level source to your external sub, which I assume has it's own amplifier. Basic gain structure, more at the beginning less at the end. If the sound is "hollow" or "full of air" it's because you don't have enough signal at the beginning of the path and you're compensating at the end.

#4210 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

I have played this game so much since I got it in my basement on Friday that my forearms are sore. It is extremely addictive because it is so fun and challenging at the same time. The music, lights, and theme implementation make it so immersive. Scott’s music style works so well with the theme, it just makes it feel so cool. Those things plus the well thought out code, layout and challenging shots give it so much personality and make it an extremely unique game. The alternate dimensions add another layer that you just don’t get with any other game I can think of. The possibilities are endless and I can’t wait to see more code because this game is an absolute blast. Congratulations Spooky, I think you’ve made something very special.

Lucky! I'm over a year wait on ours, but there is one about an hour and a half drive away that I've now dumped over $60 into over the past week since it showed up.

And I agree completely with your review, this game is fast and brutal...but oh so much fun and the shot satisfaction is great! The upper flipper shot to the portal seems rough, but I feel like the coil power just needs to be dialed up on this particular machine.

FYI, this is second hand knowledge to me, but the owner of said machine says make sure you get the coin box as none of the standard ones seem to fit, even the coin box from TNA appears to be different. Not sure if anyone else can confirm or deny this?

#4266 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

And i will still do it.

Haha, don't feel too pressured!

I don't think anyone could blame y'all for falling behind schedule, considering the state of the world right now.
I know I won't be upset if I have wait a few more months than previously anticipated...especially after having played it, this game will be well worth the wait!

1 week later
#4436 3 years ago

We've been re-watching the series and I had an idea for an adventure mode:

Rick Potion # 9

Start mode at scoop
Hit target to "apply love potion" (maybe use the kalaxian crystal target?)
Hit lit shots to "spread the virus" (once a lit shot is hit, the shots next to it also light up, indicating a spread)
Once all shots are lit/hit, get to the car to escape!
Could even build it further after that to help rick create the antidotes until everything goes all cronenberg...

Its definitely a rough idea...thought it was worth posting for the hive mind here to expand upon!

3 weeks later
#4951 3 years ago

We've got a couple more out on location in Orlando/Oviedo, FL now. Got to play some more last night and all I have to say is, the Death Save animation is an excellent choice!

Also, apparently I need to git gud, some of y'all's scores are insane!

1 week later
1 month later
#6236 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

For us standard buyers do we get a plaque on our games that says one of 20 standard editions.

We can just make our own badges! Lol...

3 weeks later
#7098 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

TNA 2.0!?! Oh man scott I'm so in. Do previous spooky buyers get any kind of priority for pre orders on the next game?

Well...I may have to order my second NIB game then...

We better move sooner so I don't have to move RM after we get it, was thinking it'd be October before #745 arrived!
Guess there are worse problem to have in life?

3 months later
#10911 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So metal ship brackets came in today.. this is how they come (raw metal printing, burn marks from the laser)
[quoted image]
After a few minutes of rubbing with a green scrubby, it shines up well
[quoted image]
I'm considering painting them black, or white (to match the 3d printed ship mount) so it blends in more.. Or is that cardinal sin like painting a stainless delorean? Either way, even though I have parts in hand it's going to take me a little bit to clean the surface of at least 40 parts.

Can you ship one direct to Spooky for me?
My machine won't be on the line for a little while still

Also, I'd keep 'em bare stainless.

#10919 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thats it Im moving to Florida.

No...no...Florida is full!

2 months later
#13177 2 years ago

Ooweee, options sheet for Standard Edition #745 received!

3 weeks later
#13952 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

As promised...here is the spacer if you wish to print one: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4869750.
If you wish to buy them from me I'm going to offer two options:
1) $45 gets you all three spacers and 24 of the 5/8th inch screws
2) $40 gets you all three spacers
Why the difference you ask? Well...the screws are stupid expensive! I bought a box of 100 for $15 and they are sold out everywhere I can find them. Also, they add a lot of weight which will make the mailing slightly more expensive.
Why isn't there a two spacer option? Seriously...don't do it...I cannot believe how much better the game is! Just get three because I'm going to charge the same regardless.
Lastly, for anyone who feels so inclined to tell me I'm "ripping people off" with my prices let me remind you I absolutely don't give a fuck. I did this because I love pinball and enjoy most of the players (except for you). It may cost $0.37 to print something but don't forget the hours of print time, electricity, maintenance, packing, shipping, and at least this many experiments (example picture) plus designing and testing. On top of all of that...I'm giving my designs away for non-commercial use! So let's just agree to disagree on the numbers I came up with...cool?
Awesome...now I'll ping everyone who PM'ed me. I should be able to start shipping these next week...I just need some envelopes and time to print them.
[quoted image]

Thank you so much for sharing the 3d file for these spacers!

For anyone wondering, I was able to order 3 copies from Shapeways in PA11 (SLS) for only $52 after shipping.
Not trying to steel your business, just giving other material options to folks, once again really appreciate your engineering here!
(*edit: keep in mind, Shapeways is about a 1 month turnaround time too...so patience is key)

Waiting for the invoice for Standard Edition #745, any day now!!!

#14092 2 years ago

Rick and Morty Standard Edition #745 invoice received and paid in full as of yesterday!
Perhaps the last one off the line?

Should be shipping out today, wubba lubba dub dub!
Now, to plan an unboxing party...

#14095 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:I'll be picking up #738 on June 7... woulda been the past week/end if the wonders of medicine hadn't damn near killed and sent me to the ER instead. God bless Spooky for being so cooperative! Now I wonder if ours will be the last to leave? Will be interesting to see how many are still lying around

Oh no! Hope you are feeling better now, malpractice lawsuits are real. We had asked Spooky if they would hold it for a couple months (we're getting ready to move) but that was a no go. I'll just have to move 4 machines instead of 3

Quoted from Jigz:

I'm still waiting for 736 to ship and I paid on 5/17 - don't be cutting the line!

Lol, my wife was told yesterday if we paid then it could ship out today! We'll see what happens, shipping company will allegedly contact us to setup the delivery date/time sometime soon...which is good since the pallet isn't going to fit through our apartment door

#14142 2 years ago

#745 Standard has been shipped! Expected delivery on Tuesday, June 8th...waiting for the shipping company to call for delivery setup!!!

Now...to find some labor to help me get it off the pallet and into the apartment...good thing we live on the first floor!

#14166 2 years ago
Quoted from Helixthree:

My first NEW PIN! I just took delivery of Rick and Morty (Blood Suckers Edition) 629 today. It was a real whirly direly solving the puzzle of 33 inch pallet into 34 inch doorway with 3 other guys we found ourselves wedged in just right, a pivot and shift and then we were ready to set it up.
My curiosity grew as I could not find a user service manual, or even more than the keys, screws, balls, and the half sheet of PCLOADLETTERWTFDOESTHATMEAN printed directions I got to work.
>---I guess self important entitled me expected like a poster or some stickers or something extra in the box with the BSE... What do I know? ----<when will I learn that is for Fang Club members... who wait I am... meh.
***Out of the box it was 12.08.2020 code. ***Everything seemed to work, except the Numeric Display betwixt flippers was only half lighting up. The ribbon cable connectors don't appear to be tight, yet are glued in that position. I reseated them. It worked. They are lose 5 rounds later... Perhaps there is a solution for a retaining clip or is this another zip tie tape situation?
All happy times, until PDXMKY bless his heart, asked me if the flippers were having issues, or if i had updated the code yet. It was rumored to fix the flipper issue... (hadn't noticed) Excited to update the code to have more adventures I loaded it up on a USB 3 flash that apparently had some rand EFI partition on it in addition to the .pkg file. It soft bricked my machine during reboot after the code update executed. Devastated at my $8,000 paperweight I freaked out a tad, smoked a bowl and reimaged the code update on a very old spare 4 gb usb2 drive.
Installed and now the flippers were hesitating... What? Never had they before on the 12.8.2020 code I was content with until i MKYd with it. Well turns out it says to reinstall a second time because, just you have to. Interesting shit. I like the ease of USB flash, however it would be nice to either have a power / reset (power cycle button) near the Asrock ITX motherboard in the head. Or a Service manual explaining where such included luxuries are hidden.
At this point the game is now updated to 4.5.2021 ========Now the flippers SUCK! ===Not equal, not even resetting properly, mostly the right flipper. Weird its sounds like it would have not been affected by a code update if it was just 'wonky' EOS springs etc but frankly, I expected more than half a photocopied page as my holy tome of understanding...
This machine is light years beyond my friends' old Americas Most Haunted table i wasn't really able to play in 2015 because of the balls ALWAYs getting stuck in the same GD4saken spot.
Eagerly awaiting MKY to visit and help me 'stern spring' mod my flippers.. guess it is supposed 'to make the game playable.' Great mostly, but, would have loved tiny bit of swag, a service manual or perhaps something to help dim the hypnotizing and yet almost seizure educing green toper flashes. Grateful I was able to find the setting myself in the menu without a service manual. R T F M...? Please let me.
Love the new PIN smell, the playfield looks amazing compared to stern garbage pocking and orange peel on the clear. DRUM n BASS music is pretty much all it takes to get me to buy a pin and CELTS in the mail by Haggis has DNB BagPipe music... Shut up and take my money.
Rick and Morty and Celts will be the sexiest pins next to each other. Now about that Service Manual?
Glad to be a blood sucker.
And awwwwwaaaaay we go!
Thanks thx to Rob, MKY and Spooky for finally bringing me the joy I earned by hiding those mega seeds for TRAIN...
Helixthree the Pinabler

Oi, thank you for posting pallet size, can anyone else confirm the pallet is 33"? Debating whether or not I should just pop the hinges off my front door tomorrow around delivery time or not (I've got a 35" wide doorway).

Thank you!

#745 arriving tomorrow afternoooooooooooooon!!!!!!!!!!!

#14194 2 years ago

Ultra Limited Standard Edition #745 has landed, been unpacked and had a Grand Champion score set! I got the white flipper and purple scoop rail edition for those wondering.

20210608_162637 (resized).jpg20210608_162637 (resized).jpg
#14197 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Congrats. That's an interesting collection. I love 4MBC. Going from what you had to R&M might be similar as going from VHS to BluRay.

Hahaha, our first game was Last Action Hero, I also have a Time Zone (mostly restored now) that's been moved out to storage.

So, yeah...almost 30 years newer than anything we've owned previously and almost 50 years newer than current games

We have been welcomed to the future!

#14198 2 years ago

Only issue we've found so far is the upper flipper is seemingly intermittent, switch hits in test everytime (both lower and upper) and the solder points appear to be solid.

1 week later
#14349 2 years ago

I've gotten my 3d flipper assembly spacers, although haven't had a chance to install yet. Since the code update, the upper flipper is about 99% reliable (the other 1% is probably me not pushing the button in all the way).

Honestly though, we've been able to hit every shot without any adjustments shy of bumping the upper flipper power up 2 points from default (it just makes it a bit easier).

Haven't had a single airball off the right ramp, and our launch wireform seems fine. Although I have had the ball hangup on a switch from the launch once...may end up getting those magnetic switches eventually.

Haven't found any missing parts or dislodged connectors, no scoop reject issues, no diverter issues, no flipper flutter or knockdown either.

I fully intend to put my 3d spacers in (hopefully this weekend or next) but I don't feel compelled to really do anything else

Number 745 flipping strong, we put over 200 games on it in the first week!

2 weeks later
#14871 2 years ago

Hey y'all! I was wondering if this is happening to anyone else running the public release code from May...very often, I get the "death save" animation on drain...but on switch test nothing is stuck high (also I have no fails when switches are pressed), thoughts?

Thanks!

6 months later
#16973 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Oh, yeah. It is not even close. There are very few Standard Editions floating around.

You mean, the best edition?

#16999 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Also proud owner of a standard edition, really love the trim!

Same! We decided to go standard because we liked the look of the grey powder coat better, makes it feel more like Rick's ship.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How are people blowing up their scores, apart from the obvious of getting to the 10th card?
Curious to hear any strategies as most of the time it's hard to break 20 million!

More or less what has already been said, this is how I score the big points:
Order of importance: Megaseeds>jump dimensions>Meeseeks>Gromflomite mball>Adventures

Megaseeds multiplies your score at end of ball...you gotta get me those seeds Morty!
Jumping dimensions lights the Megaseeds (and the EB).
Meeseeks for multiplier (and mball).
Gromflomite mball...because MULTIBALL!!!
Once you have all of these things, then you can start your adventure for the real points!

1 week later
#17044 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Silly question, but how many balls did you install? This game takes 5 balls, but for some odd reason, my game has a sticker to install 4![quoted image]

4 in the trough and 1 in the subway (the garage shot) to make 5!

Guess I got lucky with our game? The only weird thing it ever does is intermittently behaves like I'm Death Saving, but after the ball has drained, at end of the ball.

4 months later
#17802 1 year ago

My nose was itching so I dropped by to say that Standard Edition #745 is still kicking with no issues so far!
I've yet to have to tweak anything other than regular menu settings...give us all of the Immortality Field!
We did have the scoop eject issue many months ago, but after a code update that was resolved.

The 2 times we've had to contact Spooky since delivery, they've been nothing but responsive and more helpful than I would expect from any company:
-Got a broken key chain on delivery, new one was shipped out immediately, thank you!
-Asked about the flipper bushing thing, new bushings were mailed out rather quickly as well.

No mods, just replaced rubbers with Titans and threw in some extra shiny Ninja balls.

We have the "pin guys" over once every few weeks and we all beat on it together.
Completed Rick Potion No.9 a handful of times now.
Crammed a whopping 35 Megaseeds on my best game!

Still praying for Snake Jazz
And TNA2.0!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 300.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iwasthebruce.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=iwasthebruce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.