(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnyfalcon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4469 3 years ago

Most likely a long shot, but if anyone is considering dropping out on their R&M order, I'm keen to jump on. Please pm.

#4504 3 years ago

Bumping my interest to purchase a R&M if someone is considering dropping out. Drop me a pm.

1 week later
#4673 3 years ago

Waiting patiently for someone to sell me their BSE queue position. Come on folks!!

#4813 3 years ago

Another friendly nudge that I'm looking for a BS R&M. Give me a holler if you're contemplating pulling out.

1 week later
#5006 3 years ago

Ummm, yep there's a pretty serious pandemic going on out there. And too many aren't taking it serious enough.

1 month later
#5786 3 years ago

Are there any owners who were on the fence about getting the butter cabinet, ended up getting it and later regretted it? Be it due to cost, perceived value, the look of it? I won't have the chance to see one in person and trying hard to justify it.

#5810 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Kiwi games are here now.
Answer your email champ.
rd

Lucky mofos!!

#5811 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So my Rick and Morty arrived today and is all set up. Sharing some of my experiences and random thoughts during the set-up for any of those curious. For reference, this is my second pin, and first NIB, and now sits next to my Shadow (which holds it's own next to Rick and Morty with it's beautiful Mike Chestnut brass and glowing art deco style).
I bought, the Blood Sucker 143 (I requested a one month delay for a move), I maxed out the pin with all the features. I'm a Rick and Morty fan (prior to the pin) and plan on keeping for a while.
I had arranged for Kruzman to clear the playfield. The sleek playfield looks like liquid glass. Goes well with the butter. For anyone on the fence with butter, I think it's the way to go if it's affordable to you.
The pin was wrapped in two different moving blankets. I liked that they were wrapped with the part to unfold right near the leg joints... This made it easy to put the legs on, while protecting the butter. Good attention to detail.
Being my first NIB and Spooky, I was confused by a few things (figured them out though)... The Lockdown bar isn't like the Bally Williams ones, there is a latch on the inside left and right to unclasp. The leg screws are in the cabinet.
There is a sticker confirming the latch was checked - good to see.
Turning on the pin, it took a few moments to update, and it was good to go. I have the latest code with Swifty.
The thing is dialed in, it's easy to hit the shots. I had some difficulty on the garage at first (it was hitting too high), but this was because I didn't properly level left to right. Making level fixed this and it's still a tough shot but works now.
I switched my Shadow PDI glass, for the one included with Rick and Morty, really lets Scott's light show shine.
I need to sort out the glass, it vibrates from the bass. The tilt bob was unattached, but after I put it on (probably too tight), it vibrated from the music and tilted. I turned off the shaker for now until I can keep the glass from vibrating.
I had a hunch that Titan's light blue would suit the playfield well. I was correct. I preordered and installed - I think they look stellar, and I recommend them unless you really want to purple out the pin. I think they offer a nice contrast with the purple, but ties in well with the accent colors of blue across the Cthulhu, Meeseeks, and crystals. Trust me.
Setting changes, I turned off the knocker and set initial card punches to zero - this will change likely at some point.
Here are some photos so you can see the Kruzman and blue flippers, I'll provide more details and better photos once I get more time playing.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s a damn nice 2 pin lineup JB! Congrats on your R&M, very envious!!

1 week later
#5997 3 years ago

Is that just a crazy coincidence with 3 of you getting the super dooper limited edition?

#6005 3 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

Word on the street is the Aussie one is green and gold

Haha, lets hope not

2 weeks later
#6532 3 years ago

Protector can be clearly seen in the SDTM unboxing vid.

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 12.04.00 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-15 at 12.04.00 am (resized).png
3 weeks later
#7322 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Hi All - Are there any recommended kits/connections to connect an external subwoofer to R&M? Anyone care to share pics of their hookup of what they used and how they connected it? Thanks

I’m interested in this also. Is it merely removing the cabinet subwoofer wires and running them out the speaker hole to a passive boxed sub?

#7325 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

But can you have both hooked up at the same time? Assuming so, would you just clip to the connectors on the cabinet sub and run them to the external sub? Or would this cause a problem because of the amp?

It’ll change the load on the amp which could be a problem, but I suppose it negates the vibration issues, so I’d assume unhooking the cab speaker would be needed.

#7464 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

On my way to spooky Pinball to pick up Rick and Morty number 313!
Rick and Morty T-shirt...check!
Krispy Kreme doughnuts and coffee for the minions… Check![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Fuck yeah!!

#7499 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I personally unloaded those games with 4 of my staff and a forklift. Not one game was dropped. There’s a number of reasons why the games are damaged, that’s not one of them.

Any news on the other Aussie R&Ms condition?

#7732 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadetreasures:

My 21 year old son made a video of our Rick and Morty unboxing.

That got me even more excited to receive mine!!! Kudos to your boy

1 week later
#8279 3 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I plan to bypass the sub if it's not sounding mint, just putting the final touches and covering on my 18" sub build
[quoted image]

Just not big enough

#8384 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Invoice for BSE #386 paid in full

When did you receive your build sheet? Expecting my invoice soon.

1 month later
#9548 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I’ll dig up the details and post here. Definitely the viewing angle is much better also.

Bit of a shame this is considered a worthwhile mod :-/ Did you fiddle with LCD panels settings before popping in the new panel? I wonder the bulk price difference between buying the OEM R&M panel vs the on you've used.

3 weeks later
#10303 3 years ago
Quoted from NoRefunds:

#481 invoice paid. All options butter cab. Should be out on the route soon in or near Roanoke, VA somewhere.

Butter Cab on route!! Very ballsy. Should draw some attention

#10317 3 years ago

Listening to Slam Tlit today, Ron was talking about R&M being a clunkfest. I'm still waiting on mine to be delivered so personal experience is limited, but from the gameplay I've seen streamed, it doesn't seem clunky. The Garage shot and left orbit don't look butter smooth, but the rest look good.

#10336 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Regarding the "clunky" comment. I think a bunch of people define this word differently and that is ok. Rick and Morty was physically designed to be a pretty tough layout. This game does not have any wide shots like a direct up the middle bank of targets, or super wide ramps. Instead, it has more smaller sized shots. By designing it this way, the game will force you to make your shots count. If you miss a shot, it will hit a post and now you are no longer in control.
My playing tips for Rick and Morty are to make sure to trap up when possible, take a breath, and then make your shots. If you panic flip, this game will eat you alive. Obviously, you cannot trap up every time, but you will get better and better as you play more and you eventually and naturally trap up less.
I just cannot bring myself to design an easy game. I personally get sick of easy shooting games very quickly and I feel a bunch of other people do as well. Part of the "one more time" factor is a game that can hand your ass to you if you deserve it.
I can honestly say I am very proud of how this game turned out. <3
--Scott

Feel very chuffed you’ve replied to my post and clarified what I thought to be true I can’t wait to get my R&M... damn delays!!

Scott, if you’re at Spooky, I’d love your signature on the backglass. Mines being built now #494

#10413 3 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Got my tracking number, shows my game shipped on Monday from Memphis TN and weighs 98 pounds. And should be delivered to San Diego CA on Wednesday.
Does this sound right?

98 pounds? Probably closer to 298 pounds.

#10642 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I debated posting this as it's another negative take on this game from me, but this is the owners thread and I'm an owner and just need to vent and give my first week thoughts.
I've put about 100 games in since receiving last week and I'm annoyed by a lot of things on this machine, especially those requiring extra money to fix:
1. Air balls off the left and right ramps. One protector for the upper part of the right ramp, and two protectors needed for the entrances of each. - $34USD
2. Flippers losing strength incredibly fast, even outside of multi-balls. If I play for 10 minutes outside of a multi-ball, I am unable to backhand the right ramp. Aftermarket cooling solution is now needed. - $115-170USD (2-3 flipper kit)
3. The stock fan is AGGRESSIVELY loud and high-pitched. - $17USD
4. Leg protectors to protect the cabinet from its own legs. I had a January build and this is still a problem with the legs. - $10USD.
Total = $176-231USD - Good for PinMonk and other modders (Thank you), bad for me.
Add this on to the growing list of aftermarket adjustments that are needed after receiving it.
1. The garage shot from the upper flipper may as well not exist on my machine. Maybe the upper flipper isn't situated correctly, but it looks to be in line with the ball guide as mentioned in key posts.
2. The character standup targets are basically dead from the factory and needed to be adjusted to be more sensitive to hits.
3. The flipper switches needed adjustment to prevent drooping when hit.
4. The right loop garage shot was essentially half-closed by an open ball guide that needed to be bent to even make the shot.
5. The scoop rejects 3/5 times. I've bent the top down bit, but still need to place washers underneath to lower it into the playfield.
6. Flippers are way too high off the playfield (is this causing issues with all my shots?). Thankfully, Spooky is doing the right thing and sending replacements out to those in need.
If everything is working and you happen to have just started a game with fresh flipper strength, it can be very addictive and truly has that "one more game" feeling to it, even with all the frustrations. I'm still happy to have it, will likely be with me for a very long time, and can't wait for future updates.

Glad to hear you’re remaining positive.

I’ve just preemptively purchased the Pinmonk fans and already have the CPU fan ready to go. Hoping this is all I’ll need to have a well playing R&M when it finally arrives. Pretty disheartening having to keep ponying up for what already is a very expensive toy, but I’m sure all of that will be forgotten soon enough.

1 week later
#10899 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

I got one of these cheap off Amazon a while back: https://1mii.com/product-item/b02/
It takes power from the motherboard USB and you just plug it in where the audio out is connected.

Can you give a quick run down on how it installs and works? I'm assuming sound will play through the pinball speakers unless a bluetooth connection is made? What is the sound quality like?

#10903 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

Swapping from BT to speakers is manual with this.
I plugged the transmitter into the motherboard usb for power and just used a 1/8th inch cable to plug into the one that was hooked up previously.
To swap you just unplug the transmitter and plug back in the speaker cable.
Sound quality is great, obviously not as bass heavy as the speaker set but if you have good BT headphones it sounds nice.

Whats the delay like? noticeable lag?

#10905 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

If it's noticable at all to me it's with lip syncing in video, even then it's tough to tell, at least for me. When playing I don't notice at all with playfield interactions.
The transmitter I linked also supports low latency but I've not tried it yet. I have ear buds that support it but prefer on ear.

Thanks @fnord. Sorry for all the questions, I'd never heard of this product until you mentioned it.

The model you've mentioned can't easily be found in Australia. Would you mind taking a quick look at the adapter I've found to see if it's suitable? Looks similar enough.

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07F2CM6RQ/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07F2CM6RQ&pd_rd_w=aLwg3&pf_rd_p=ea20208d-137b-46cb-8ff4-3f2183f0cd6f&pd_rd_wg=yoUIc&pf_rd_r=N28XH938V1EMDWA35V5T&pd_rd_r=ff7a7121-2231-4e14-a75b-35a5ceec1407&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExWTFWN004NEhWUUtOJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUExMDQzNTQzMlMwU0lKNlAyMEJDRyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUExWTFHSEZIQTRQWTgzJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

1 week later
#11251 3 years ago

epthegeek TheNoTrashCougar SpookyCharlie

I’m yet to receive my R&M, hopefully arriving in Australia in a month. Can’t wait!!

I have one query regarding the adult mode. I realise it can be switched via the internal menu and I’ve also heard it can be scheduled per time of day, but would it be possible/viable to trigger the adult mode via a long press of the start button or holding both flipper buttons? Ala Escape Nublar on JP.

I have both young and old in the house, so easily being able to trigger the adult mode without having a newbie fumbling through a menu would be advantageous.

I have zero understanding of the difficulty of such things, but thought it could be a handy feature.

Thanks!!

#11268 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The question was “how can we turn on adult mode easily”
I don’t think playing ability has anything to do with that.
My answer solves it easily. Say, hold the button for at least 5 seconds before pushing the start button.
No random child is going to do that.
rd

This was what I was thinking... anything other than a straight press of the "Start" button. My 6yr old boy knows to hold down both flipper buttons to start Escape Nublar, but anything else would be pure dumb luck and fine by me.

Holding the right flipper while pressing Start would work
Holding the left flipper while pressing Start would work
Holding the Start button for 3-5sec would work
Even holding both flippers and selecting Adult in a menu would work

Any of these would not cross my boys thought patterns.

#11330 3 years ago
Quoted from jguzik420:

I did notice this in the menu, is this what people were talking about the swearing override? Just push and hold?
[quoted image]

This looks positive, though the other way around would be ideal.

Swearing frequency NEVER
Hold launch button to toggle to ALWAYS

Is this possible?

#11332 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Wow does people really have this a problem with swearing in an adult cartoon series? :p

My 6 year old boy plays my pinnys more often than I get the chance to. Should I not care about all the fucking curse words like shit fuck and cunt?

#11342 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

In terms of the swearing...Spooky has went above and beyond in giving options for this single thing...I can't believe people are still asking for more...you knew what you were getting. Many more productive things they could be spending their time on.

Sorry to hear you thought my query had no merit. It seems Spooky thought it did as in their wisdom they created a solution, see Wulftown reply above.

Luckily some helpful people here were able to put my mind at ease, that when I do finally receive my Rick & Morty, I can have my 6 year old play it without the chance of him reciting all the colourful language to his grade 1 class mates.

And yep, I knew what I was getting

#11375 3 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

New pinball, New gameroom layout. Hahaha changed the entire gameroom to bring in Rick and Morty.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Way too awesome!!

2 weeks later
#12010 2 years ago

I’ve spoken with one R&M owner who’s installed Pinstadiums on their pin, just wondering if others have and what their opinion is. I realise the light show on R&M is a big drawcard and wouldn’t want to overpower it with poorly used Pinstadiums, but the 2 times of played it on site, I’ve found it really dark.

#12013 2 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I’ve never had the need to put pinstadiums on any modern game.

It could be the environment you have your pins. I’d prefer to save money, but my eyes definitely benefit from having them. I only have mine set at 20-25%, just enough to fill in the darker areas.

#12014 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There is no f'ng way I would put that on this.

So what are you trying to say

3 weeks later
#12336 2 years ago

For anyone with previous Spooky experience, for how long did Spooky release software updates for past titles? A recent software release added another adventure for Rick and Morty, no doubt there are plenty of possibilities for content left, but Spooky's priorities will no doubt shift once it's next title is released. Any thoughts?

#12341 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

ben and scott both did updates long after games were finished in production. seeing how proud eric is im guessing if there are still fixes or modes he wants to see in the game, we will see updates after the game is no longer being made too.

Agree regarding Eric’s (Scotts and all of Spooky’s) evident love for the game. Fingers crossed there are plenty of planned adventures/dimensions/wizard modes in the pipeline.

#12370 2 years ago

Please upload some new gameplay!! Keen to see more Moonman.

#12450 2 years ago

All this DLC talk had me thinking, at what point I’d be content with the finalisation of the code on R&M?... now I should preface this, I’m yet to receive my pin, but have watched countless hours of streams and played it a number of times at local haunts.

I think the game and code is bloody fantastic. Well thought out, well structured and exciting, though a few additionals would possibly complete it in my eyes. Now I'm only an average player, so I’d likely never get to any of these suggestions, but having them there hanging would absolutely drive me to die trying.

Vat of Acid mode: Random Inserts will turn green then fade to red (ie Morty is in the vat holding his breath turning red), shot needs to be made before it turns completely red. Then the next random insert will turn green, fading to red etc. Like Swifty, more shots have to be made than not to pass the mode.

Space Snakes mode: Haven’t got my head around how this could work. But such a great episode and deserves to be included.

An additional multiball would also be great.

Also a final, ultimate super dooper wizard mode. I can’t offer methodology behind how it would be shoehorned in, but maybe qualified via a certain amount of modes needing to be completed successfully plus Love Potion, plus a certain amount of megaseeds collected.

I haven't thought about how the mode could possibly work, but incorporating the dimensions would by fantastic. Having them randomly flip from one to the next, a complete head fuck trying to navigate the shots needed as the physical playfield landscape/lighting and sounds changes.

Anyway... maybe when I've got the machine, I'll find the current code more than sufficient, but all this waiting has me pining and wondering.

#12503 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Random thought regarding a wizard mode idea. Rather than an actual adventure (based on the series episodes) utilize of all the dimensions that exist.
Something like once you finish the 9 adventures + 10th, something goes haywire and the game starts rotating through the dimensions at random on a countdown, and each dimension has a shot you must hit within so much time before it changes, as you make the shot the time goes down and they rotate faster (less time to make the shot) until the last one which would have more shots+garage - at this point it starts a MB (but I'm not sure yet what that MB would actually be about)

This was basically my suggestion the previous page using rotating dimensions. I hadn’t worked out how to incorporate an extra MB which I think is needed, but a final multiball does sound perfect.

#12522 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

The code is pretty amazing. While I would love for it to continue to evolve, at some point you gotta call it done. There's only so much you can really put into a game, and there will always be new episodes. Not like I play simpsons pinball party and go "wouldn't it be great if it included that episode from season 27?"

The difference being the development stage is still ongoing, and a whole lot of good content is still available, but yep I do agree, at some stage you've gotta say enough is enough.

Personally I think the code absolutely needs a wizard mode, and something more than just another mode ie Love Potion. R&M is a special game, and truly deserves a special ending proportionate to the importance of it's place in pinball. Otherwise it's a little samey/a little linear.

#12575 2 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey gang!
I just uploaded my "Rick and Morty" unboxing / setup / first-play video. You have all seen unboxing videos a million times (and you’ve probably seen me type this equally just as many times). But, I was excited to get my first Spooky game and just had to share:

Thanks a bunch!
Chris

Thanks sharing Chris!! I used to love watching your vids. Your early Taxi and Funhouse vids convinced me to buy those titles. Might have to flick through your back catalogue again. Hope you’re enjoying your R&M.

2 weeks later
#13114 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

I think it's fantastic that Spooky is adding more modes to the game. Has there been any word on if more modes are coming and potentially a wizard mode? I know there is love potion mode when you collect all the stamps, but that just seems like a regular mode to me. Maybe one that also starts a multiball?

There’s never prior word before new modes/dimensions code drop. But we’re all hoping it happens. Agree regarding the wizard mode. Love Potion is essentially another mode, so something more epic, possibly involving dimensions would be fitting. An amazing game which deserves it.

#13116 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

A cool Wizard mode would be great, but if I had to choose between more Adventures and a "meh" Wizard mode, I'd choose more Adventures. TRON is another favorite of mine, and both Portal MB and Daft Punk MB (on the LE) are pretty lame/lifeless. You can tell the development team didn't invest a lot of time/energy in creative wizard rules for those MB's. The journey to reach them is cool, but once you land, you wonder why

Or have both! Eric and co have done such a good job so far, I have faith.

#13119 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The wizard mode desperately needs to be slut dragon. I’d love an adventure mode or two that was a multiball.
Spooky has really dedicated a tremendous amount of time to this game’s code. epthegeek should win a twipy for this game when he is completed with the code.

Slut dragon is hilarious . You’d think the Acid Vat has to be included. It won an Emmy for gods sake. Brilliant episode which absolutely deserves its permanent place in pinball.

#13259 2 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Just made my final payment for Standard #546 . I'm starting to get very excited the wait is almost over

Congrats!! Hope yours takes a quicker route to Australia than ours. From leaving Spooky to landing in Sydney took roughly 3 months, only a couple of days away now!!! If you’ve got the spare cash, I’d highly recommend ponying up for air freight. It’ll be good for your heart.

#13408 2 years ago

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!

#494 in the mutha fuckn house. Countless months to finally arrive safe and sound on my doorstep, but couldn’t be happier. So excited to delve into this amazing pin!!

Thanks Charlie, Eric, Scott, Bowen and all the lovely folk at Spooky. Fuck yeah!!!

3E9CA128-1218-46B2-B7E7-C1450BDFE93C (resized).jpeg3E9CA128-1218-46B2-B7E7-C1450BDFE93C (resized).jpeg

#13409 2 years ago

Does anyone have installation instructions for the Blue Crystal Mod?? Mine didn’t come with any.

#13412 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Here you go[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you

#13430 2 years ago

20 or so games into ownership... and while it's been a mixed bag so far, I'm super happy. What an amazing game, brilliant, but freakin brutal!! Build quality seems great and initially out of the box it plays quite well, but after updating to the latest firmware I had numerous problems with phantom flips, machine gun flips etc. I reset the EOS switches to within an inch of their lives and it's now playing perfectly. Now to somehow improve my flipper skills.

#13478 2 years ago

Not sure if it's been mentioned previously, but I found a bug on the current public firmware.

Was playing single player, first ball drained, the pin was going through the end of ball credits, my boy walks in and wants to play, so I added a second player during the end of ball credits and the pin stalled.

Callouts continued, telling me to hurry up, but the ball refused to eject. Had to restart the pin.

2 weeks later
#14047 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

I an amazing run of 225+ MILLION points on Rick & Morty pinball last night. Check it out!
Twitch:
https://t.co/H5OtuxfH2A
Youtube:
https://t.co/XE1tDgx9MB

50 mega seeds!! Holy heck

#14048 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

What are the must do mods for this game? I just played the first few games on mine today. This pin is super deep and fun! The playfield glass is rattling a lot, same as my Alice Cooper did. I’ll try installing some anti-rattle tape and turning down the bass.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome score DR. I’ve had my R&M for 2-3 weeks now and having a ball. Even wifey loves it which is surprising given she doesn’t watch R&M, doesn’t particularly like pinball and isn’t a great player… which on R&M should be a bad combo!

Everything you should do has been mentioned within these pages, my suggestion is to work through the “key posts” for this thread, all the must do’s are in there.

Mine was a clunky noise box straight out of the box, but is starting to play really smoothly and is now rattle free.

I've done:
Updated to the latest firmware
Added 5mm high density foam spacer around sub woofer
Added anti rattle tape to glass
Shaved 3mm (1/8”) from the flipper bushings
Manipulated the garage and inner orbit ball guides to create a smoother ball path
Moved the ball guide above the upper right flipper to smoothly meet the flipper
Adjusted the flipper hold strength
Adjusted the pop bumper, plunge strength
Adjusted the target sensitivity
Added hot glue to a couple of connectors which were coming loose

I think that’s it.

My suggestion is to watch a few different streams, especially that recent 225mill game as it seems to shoot very smoothly. You’ll then be able to work out where yours needs attention.

And no it comes with standard glass. I’ve added PDI and some home made pinstadiums. Looks mint!

90A16149-C65E-480F-B9E6-F90A77A9943A (resized).jpeg90A16149-C65E-480F-B9E6-F90A77A9943A (resized).jpeg

#14052 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Thanks for the pointers Flynny! I’ll dig through this thread to determine what needs addressing, but so far the game plays smoothly right out of the box. I’ve never watched a single episode of R&M, but I like pins with strong adult humor and profanity, lol.
I found the ModCouple site and will be ordering a number of their mods for the game. Can’t wait to dig into the rules and experience more of this Spooky masterpiece!

The show is brilliant, well worth watching and will definitely increase your enjoyment. Plenty of subtle in jokes.

#14105 2 years ago

We're in lockdown again here, so with our now abundant spare time, my son has decided he wants to be an internet pinball superstar haha. Our very first episode was on Rick & Morty. Aimed for kids, so if yours like to watch pinball, send them the link.

1 week later
#14318 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Can anyone post an overhead photo of their upper flipper.
Thank you

I modified mine to lower the upper ball guide. It now sits inline with the flipper making shots much smoother and more predictable.

3F8C8602-A74A-4E9E-973D-4FC3E53A93E9 (resized).jpeg3F8C8602-A74A-4E9E-973D-4FC3E53A93E9 (resized).jpeg8ED59BC7-F79D-4E49-AA9E-107723A4D074 (resized).jpeg8ED59BC7-F79D-4E49-AA9E-107723A4D074 (resized).jpegD1549D3D-D1F4-4663-A4F8-E3127BA0D608 (resized).jpegD1549D3D-D1F4-4663-A4F8-E3127BA0D608 (resized).jpeg
#14327 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Did you just have to take out the wood rail and shave the corner down, or did you also have to take all the screws out of the ball guide and move it over?

Yes to taking the wood rail out. It’s a bit of a process and involves removing a few things including 2 PCBs underneath. It has improved my hit percentage for the upper flipper shots.

798282D1-2D8A-46AF-A943-502CEF8F5C78 (resized).jpeg798282D1-2D8A-46AF-A943-502CEF8F5C78 (resized).jpegFB94579A-B8EE-4DA4-ACA1-3E8493F6F7A1 (resized).jpegFB94579A-B8EE-4DA4-ACA1-3E8493F6F7A1 (resized).jpeg
#14331 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Also...completely unnecessary. The only thing you need to do is loosen the rail and a few screws at the end of the lane to adjust it down closer to the flipper. One of the tabs will sit under the railing. Do not overthink it and risk making it worse.

To make a smooth ball guide transition to the flipper, I needed to do what I did, it was necessary. The wooden rail protruded too far, giving the ball guide more of a hump than a straight line. Maybe mine wooden rail is longer than yours

1 week later
#14586 2 years ago

Can anyone advise as to which MRS to get? The Australia distributer isn’t certain which ones are used in R&M.

Also, I’m assuming missed switch hits are it’s main MO, but I’ve heard a few mention flow is better… or something along those lines. Can anyone who uses them elaborate, as they aren’t a cheap mod.

#14588 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

PM Sonic . He is Very helpful. Also the Oz distributor seemed to be incommunicado to Matt and myself, but Matt suspected the correct switches are not in stock in australia at this time. He sent me 3 as well as some SoF parts.

So you’re using them on R&M?? If so, does actually the actual shooting change? I remember reading something about the orbits.

1 week later
#14739 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

He's been in this thread since then. He's voted posts. He just hasn't posted. He worked hard to get where we are. He most likely needs a break after 2+ years working on the same project. Then again, he could be hard at work on S5 modes. Who knows.

Hopefully only a small break epthegeek Your hard work is massively appreciated in my household. My 7 year old plays R&M all day every day haha. Sings the songs, quotes the call outs, explains the rules, I think he's obsessed

Flippers are perfect also btw!

1 week later
#14971 2 years ago

5th Episode
10th July 2021

Spooky's Rick & Morty

1 week later
#15142 2 years ago

Absolutely 3 of the best episodes, very deserving of being in the pinball.

Slut Dragon
Vat of Acid
Jazz Snakes

1 week later
#15274 2 years ago

My screen looks fine (to me at 6ft) after making some adjustments. To my 7 year old (4ft or so) however, it’s become super contrasty with very heavy blacks. If you’ve got a broad range of heights playing, just making screen adjustments may not cut it.

#15296 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Is there a middle ground?

The middle ground is, my son has to deal with it

#15438 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Got an interesting local pinball story involving R&M. It's a bit of testament to what's happening in our local market lately with a plethora of bored overly cashed up newcomers turning up. A guy pops up on FB yesterday saying he's new to pinball and selling his R&M after two weeks. This guy paid OTT for one here ($13K) having never played one as his first ever machine along side a JP2. He doesn't even understand enough to know if it has the recommended tweaks(nor brave enough to even look into it), only that it has latest software. Meanwhile he quotes he (and his family) can't deal with the left pop bumper and doesn't like it as much as DP, IM, or TWD, all of which he has played and could have bought instead. Had to state the painfully obvious to this guy that you simply can't compare the way those Stern titles play in terms of flow etc compared to a Spooky like R&M. I noted it was definitely a game more suited to enthusiasts and getting to play it or even (to a much lesser degree) watch a fair amount of gameplay would have saved him buying one. Just one of those stories I wanted to share.

I saw that... 2 of the more difficult titles available for anyone let alone a newbie... But why do you say $13K is OTT. I paid a bunch more than that for my R&M NIB direct from Spooky.

#15469 2 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

[quoted image]

So disappointing

#15470 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Ugh, $USD corrected amount for our American friends here, which I always pay them the courtesy of doing. Didn't mean to confuse my countrymen in the process. But if you saw the FB post(with the $A17.5K asking price) you'd probably also realise I'd done the $USD conversion btw.

Apologies... I probably did see the original pricing. Over worked and under slept at the mo :-/

2 weeks later
#15805 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Does anyone else get super annoyed at the background soundtrack Sw-4mpy dimension?

You clearly have no taste!

#15859 2 years ago

7th Episode
25th August 2021
Melbourne Lockdown 6.0
Spooky's Rick & Morty

My boys COVID hobby, please subscribe and make his day

#15862 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Smart kid, very articulate.
Love his munchkin sized Aussie accent

Cheers ND

#15863 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah that kid of yours is pretty friggen' adorable. Hearing him sing along to Moonmen is classic.
Good job mate!

Cheers Manic He does love Moonmen haha!

1 week later
#15936 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

So is R&M worth putting a shaker motor in? Is it well integrated with the coding?
TIA

Shaker is an absolute must!!

#15970 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballwizardMas:

Is soldmy.org/pin/rm/ code safe to update with? If so let me know in going to update my game tomorrow and I don't want to put some random code into my game making it unplayable, just want to make sure it's safe.

Yes

#15971 2 years ago

I've had LED issue from day one, with a bunch of them presenting as light blue instead of white. Still yet to get a resolution from Spooky. Has anyone had the same issue?

IMG_7794 (resized).jpgIMG_7794 (resized).jpg
#15974 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

check connections at the PD-LED board that handles those leds.

Connections are solid at both ends. Certain it’s the individual leds.

#15976 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Do those LEDs ever come back to normal, or are they always that color? If they are always that color, I bet they failed and need to be replaced.

Hey Scott, thanks for the reply mate. Been like this since day one. They mostly represent RGB as correct (to my eye), but white has alway been off. Messaged Spooky again, waiting on response. Their first thought was wiring, but I've pretty much discounted that.

Love your game btw!! Its my 7 year olds absolute fav!!!

Vid attached, always difficult to show LEDs correctly, but it should give you the idea.

1 week later
#16042 2 years ago

Does this possibly mean programming is nearing completion? If this is/was being used by Eric P to code R&M, the selling of it is possibly quite ominous. Please say no!!!!

#16043 2 years ago

Take note of the ball guide position above the upper flipper... Mine definitely didn't come like that!!

1 week later
#16108 2 years ago

Anyone hearing whispers of new code? My boy rarely plays R&M recently, he's "grown tired of it" apparently which sucks, as we used to have some epic battles.

#16111 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Mushrooms will give him a whole new rad and completely unique game experience, no waiting required.
Then again, depending on his age, it may reflect badly on you as a parent.

He's only 7, but it'd be hypocritical of me not to at least let him try It used to be the first pin he'd fire up, now I can't even bribe him. Mushrooms it is then

Maybe I should finally turn Adult mode on... that would spice things up

#16116 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Has he already 'beat' the game? If so (or even if not)...an update isn't going to change anything.

He’s made it to RP#9 a few times, hasn’t completed it though. JP seems to get all the attention which is understandable I suppose,

1 week later
#16210 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I think Spooky has several new modes in the bag, but are running into licensing review issues. We may or may not see them.

If this is true, I really hope it gets resolved. While it has plenty of quirks, R&M really is a brilliant pin. Eric & Bowen have done an incredible job in fleshing out a ruleset that is different but in tune with the R&M series. A code update would elevate to masterpiece status, it deserves it. Get it done Spooky!!!

2 weeks later
#16338 2 years ago

There should be an incentive for Spooky to continue to support and develop R&M. It shows current and potential customers the value you continue to receive when investing in a Spooky. That the game is for life, not thrown on the dung heap when the next shiny pin comes along.

Personally, I think it needs a few extra modes, potentially another multiball and extra wizard or mini wizard mode to cement its spot as a truly great pin.

#16410 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

how do you explain that there are 9 rick & morty for sale in the ads? is the game really good? i wonder? are there any quality issues?
i would like to buy one but i have had no success with the sellers

That's a pretty broad question. Any time a new pin is released, especially an Elwin, there will be many who offload pins to get the next best thing in.

R&M suffers a lot from Out of the Box Blues. Out of the box, my experience is they don't shoot great, requiring a bunch of hours tweaking and honing. Build quality in general I find very good, but QC is an area they need to improve on. I love to tweak so it doesn't bother me so much, but anyone else, they might be more inclined to complain about quality than actually do something about it, turning off potential buyers in the process.

Even when tweaked and playing beautifully, R&M is still a mutha phuk'n hard pinball. So if that's not you thing, then R&M may not be your thing.

While I believe the code is executed beautifully, I still think it's a little light on for a long term home pin. For me though it has enough theme, gameplay, code and sounds/music to stay long term.

Hope that answers your question. R&M is an awesome pin, as long as you can accept that you'll rarely, if ever tame it.

#16461 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

So this is my current flipper position that will not backhand the right ramp.[quoted image]

How steep is your playfield?? In the 6.5-7 range it should backhand ok, mine does. Beyond 7 it may struggle unless coils are cooled and wound right up.

3 weeks later
#16632 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I’m about to rejoin the club. Missed mine. I’ve been out of it right when scary Terry mode was released. How has the code matured since?
I think it’s some of the best I’ve seen in the newer games. Not simple but not overly complicated
Also any must have mods recently released? I already got in in the pop bumper one

Limited maturing since sadly, but almost all bugs that I know of have been ironed out. Most of us are hoping for some more content at some point. Eric has eluded to it, but yet to see it.

Maybe a Christmas surprise!!!!

#16636 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Guys, quit asking about adding new adventures and whatnot. We don’t want to ruffle any feathers to get told again that we should consider the game complete and be happy with what we got.
But keeping it a buck, can we talk about getting a few more Mortys added to the roster? Free the Mortys!

I love R&M as it is, it’s a brilliant game. But I’d love to see more content. Hoping to see more is hardly ruffling feathers . Glad you see no issue with asking for more Morty’s

1 week later
#16663 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

To be fixed in the next update with new adventure(s)?

1 week later
#16794 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I took the middle screw out of that ball guide and bend the metal tab upwards hoping to absorb the impact more. I feel it made a great difference. That said, make sure you do you flipper drop before you start adjusting things on the playfield. The game plays much different with those lowered flippers.

I haven't heard of anyone lowering the flippers. Do you have a pic of your setup? What difference did you notice? Easier shot making I'm presuming?

#16798 2 years ago

Ahh, sorry, I thought he meant flopping them…I’ve installed the lowered bushings, definitely worthwhile

3 weeks later
#17003 2 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

I wish there were more like the underwater demension. Great lightshow with fitting music.

Agree completely!! The underwater dimension does it for me big time

I wish there was more everything!! Such a fantastic game, with so many possibilities. Eric must have dozens of dimensions/modes/ideas he'd love to implement. The machine absolutely deserves it.

HEY SPOOKY TEAM!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

#17010 2 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

A snake jazz dimension would be awesome. Snake Jazz playing, every target you hit makes a 'SSSSSS' sound. Awesome.

So many amazingly awesome possibilities... Is there a subscription available to some underground Eric code??

1 month later
#17303 1 year ago

Is there a 12v output somewhere on R&M? I know Spooky sell a 4x or 8x 12v output, but I just need a single output to tap into.

3 weeks later
#17393 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone know if R&M is done code wise or are they going to do a wizard mode?

Most of us are patiently waiting for an update. Eric has alluded to further content, but it's been a while now. Talk of R&M ownership changes have perhaps moved the goal posts. All this said, there is so much great content worthy of being included so fingers crossed. Further multiballs, modes and additional wizard mode would bring R&M to legendary status!

I hope for all our sakes, and Spooky's also, that it happens.

#17447 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Nevermind that because it’s tied to the show the snake jazz “song” would have to be licensed (even though it‘s just a rhythm of a single sound) and that would be preposterous — Snake hissing noises just wouldn’t work. With all the other noise the game makes it wouldn’t come through clearly at all.

This didn’t happen because of all the voices involved
As for “is it done? Is it not done?” - I don’t have any more info than you guys do. Nobody’s told me it’s a solid wrap, but I also haven’t heard that it isn’t.

Thanks for the info Eric. There's no requirement for you to put your head out there, which makes hearing from you so bloody awesome!

#17461 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Here is my brief idea to take it over the top!
1. Start game at adventure 0.
2. After 5 adventures, mini-wizard - potion 9.
3. Card filled after 10 - new wizard mode.
4. One more new adventure.

4. One or two new adventures.
5. One more multiball.

#17466 1 year ago

For those using the MRS, which made the most difference. Decking out a R&M full of new switches ain't cheap!

#17539 1 year ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Same here, and here are a few reasons why from my perspective:
Quick ball times. Aside from a few skilled players, most ball times comparative to other pins in my lineup (I have a TZ, which isnt exactly friendly....) the ball times on RAM are super short. This leads to multiple games per player.
Fun: as a shooter goes, RAM is clunky and particular (aka hard and unforgiving). Its why I also like it. However, what often gets left out of the conversation here is its also an incredible interactive and fun game. It never feels dull or wood choppy.
Interactivity: world under glass applies to RAM. Spooky's use of IP here is top level and much like another amazing pin TNA the lights, sounds and vibrations are insane. One of the best light shows in pin prior to GNR (and right up there with the criminally underrated Ghostbuster light show).
IP: Its hard to argue with how engaging the use of IP is in RAM. It literally feels like Rick and Morty stand over your shoulder. Adds to the 'drawn in' aspect of the machine.
Summation: RAM is a unique pinball experience with solid pinball moments. While it has weaknesses in geometry and design those are largely offset by fun and interactivity. It is a top ten pin, imho, and is I think a 'throwback', as much as TNA was as well, to what might have been a 'future' design if the basic layouts of the 80's pins continued into the modern era.

My feelings exactly.

R&M is such a unique and demanding package compared to almost everything else out there, to the point it seems to intimidate those entrenched in conventional pinball design and gameplay. Unless you're a high level player, adore the show, have lots of patience, or just a glutton for punishment, R&M just may not be for you. This is a huge shame as it really is a magical pin.

#17576 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Wooooo hoooo! Finally I am in the club (so is my son who, like meseeks was roped into it).
I think my machine has an issue though because I've noticed the score increasing steadily while the ball is cradled on the flippers (it just keeps counting up in very small increments). I've done the obvious test (put machine into switch test and bang the playfield a bit) but nothing fires. Is there any sort of known issue, or is this normal for this machine ie some mode i'm unaware of? It certainly doesn't seem normal...
I have noticed that the previous owner installed 2 MRS switches on 2 of the orbits. They seem to operate as normal in switch test though...? [quoted image]

Lucky kid!!

3 weeks later
#17685 1 year ago

Big shout out to Matt Sonic and his amazing MRS switches. If you're looking to improve your R&M, give these switches a go.

I thought I had my R&M pretty well sorted. Since purchasing NIB, I've spent countless hours happily tweaking and re-tweaking ball guides, positioning switches, getting everything as perfect as possible, but a few areas always bothered me. Absolutely flushing the orbits would almost always result in a ball hanging up somewhere, resulting in inconsistent ball exits/speeds, making timing really difficult. I somewhat got used to the inconsistency, but anytime someone else played it, I noticed their frustration. Thinking it was likely the switches as others had experienced, I thought I'd give the MRS's a shot and hopefully breathe new life into my R&M

I purchased 4 MRS' from Matt, the left orbit, the outer right and the little S bend. Installation was relatively pain free, though drilling mounting holes in the switch was a little fiddly. A little solder, a little electrical tape, a quick playfield wipe over and 30min later I was done.

Excited to see the difference, I wasn't let down, the difference was immediately noticeable! Orbit shots didn't lose any speed, no hang ups in any of the usual spots. Ball entry speed was consistent with the exit speed making timing much easier. What was already a fast pin, has become considerably faster. But what I found most noticeable was due to the improvement in consistency/timing, a lot of the "clunk" that R&M is notoriously known for vanished. Now it's not Stern Star Trek smooth, but it's definitely a big improvement.

I highly recommend these switches, definitely worth a look if you have some cash burning a hole in your pocket. For those on the fence, maybe try removing the 4 switches, or even taping the switches down for a trial to see the improvement.

#17694 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

You're not drilling into the game, you're drilling holes in the MRS mount plate to run the screw into the existing holes in the playfield. Hole location varies for each switch so none are provided in the plate.

Exactly! Finding the exact drilling spot I'm sure could be measured to be 100% accurate, however by eye I was only 3 out of 4 correct... the 4th I drilled a new hole into the playfield... no biggy. I was neat. Outcome was defo worth it.

#17695 1 year ago
Quoted from May:

Is there a list of the different dimensions?
What is the purpose of the dimensions? Collecting megaseeds...

Dimension Name Effects
17-R4MP5 3x Ramp Scoring! Positive
BW00-P 3x Spinner Scoring! Positive
mega-sl4m 5x Slam Ring Scoring! Positive
L4ne-3 10x In/Out Lane Scoring! Positive
g0tu-Fam 3x Family Target Scoring! Positive
CMB-0 3x Combo scoring! Positive
H4-+ch 3x Scoop Scoring! Positive
Hv3-LT 3x Scoring on the LEFT half! Positive
Hv3-RT 3x Scoring on the RIGHT half! Positive
Ye-Zu5 1000x RICK TARGET SCORING! Positive
d3d-BMP SLAM RING is disabled! Negative
d3d-SLi Slingshot is disabled! Negative
d3d-SPn Spinner is disabled! Negative
d3d-CRnk Flooble-crank is disabled! Negative
d3d-BOx Meeseeks Box is disabled! Negative
d3d-F4m Family targets disabled! Negative
W3k-LT 1/2 Scoring on the LEFT half! Negative
W3k-RT 1/2 Scoring on the RIGHT half! Negative
FL-33p Activates all flippers together. Yells “FLEEP!” Negative
FL-2p Upper flipper activates with left flipper button. Negative
W1L-HM All targets / slings play the ‘Wilhelm Scream’ Feature
13u-TT Just passing through … Feature
TW-z0n3 Removes all color from LEDs Feature
BLK-0p Night Vision Engaged! Feature
b1-ind GI Lighting Strobes Feature
N0-ramp5 TNA Lampshow & Music Feature (also Ramps = 0 pts)
sp-0ng3 Underwater dimension Feature
gR-w0of Where are they, Summer? Feature
r5h-0ur Expressions of frustration. Feature
sp-0tz It’s like a Hollywood premiere in here. Feature
sw-4mpy Watch out for them gators! Feature

1 month later
#17863 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Replacing the orbit switches I can understand …
But why the inlane switches?
The reason the orbit switches sometimes don’t register is because the lanes are a tad wide and the ball can miss running over the centre of the switch, resulting in no switch closure.
No such issue at the inlanes. If the stock switch is adjusted correctly it should register 100% of the time.
rd

Agree, not sure the benefit, but it does look neater I suppose. I went the set of 4, left orbit and 3 on the right. Made a huge difference for me.

3 weeks later
#18090 1 year ago

I almost shit my pants when I saw so many unread posts in this thread...

@epthegeek, you've made my month!! Of course no guarantees, but just the prospect of extra somethings in our R&M's is so damn exciting. Your passion for the project has been obvious since day one. I for one would be happy to donate to help compensate for any further time and love invested. R&M is such a brilliant pin, deserves to become the masterpiece we'd all envisaged!

I'll put the thinking cap on re Dimensions. But maybe when a certain amount of dimensions are achieved, a Dimension Multiball is qualified?

@thenotrashcougar, Scott!! any chance you have some unused tasty rock'n beats to suit

#18197 1 year ago

epthegeek Can't thank you enough Eric!~! My son is rapt

#18198 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I like the new dimension settings. Not a fan of the swamp one - so I set that to only appear later.

Funny, Swamp is possibly my favourite!!

#18224 1 year ago

Just an FYI, I wiped my high scores with the code update and I believe my settings. Worth saving them before updating.

#18233 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How do you save them?

I assumed Spooky had a method ala Stern.

1 week later
#18294 1 year ago

How do I find the test build??? I'm so jealous

#18298 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Guess this Jerry ain’t privy to the VIP

It appears not

#18317 1 year ago

Can’t wait!!!

Sounds awesome! Thank you Eric

#18378 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Morty's Mindblowing Single Adventure Challenge is now available: https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/
To use it: You must enable "Adventure Challenge Mode" in the R&M "Feature" settings
When it's on: There are several new pages in the attract mode:
- "Sigma Morty" - For the name entered for the most Adventure/Dimension Combos
- The C-137 Home Team - For all the adventure challenge highest scores when in dimension C-137 (No Megaseeds)
- 11 Adventure Champ Pages that show the 3 highest Feature, Positive and Negative dimension combo scores.
To Start a challenge: Hold the right flipper button and anti-gravity button together for 4 seconds in attract mode. If you want to do multi-player, pick the adventure & dimension, then once the game starts, hit start to add players.
What are the rules:
- You get one ball
- There are no multiballs
- You stay in the dimension you choose at start (opening the portal and making the shot will add seeds)
- You don't earn points until you start the adventure.
- If you complete the adventure, your turn/game ends.
Extra thanks to jonesjb for tons of testing on this beta cycle. And most of them.

Hell yeah!!!!!! Thank you Eric! :-DDDDDDDDDD

3 weeks later
#18686 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Is this another situation where an official user manual would come in handy?
Why am I the only person in this owner’s thread that seems to bring this up? Do people just not care, or is it not wanting to piss off Spooky?

Not having a manual is completely ridiculous, it's just beyond me! Stern have them, JJP do, even Homepin!! Why don't Spooky?

2 months later
#19111 1 year ago

Will check all connectors, thanks!

Or possibly bad LED. Ive had to replace 7-8 LEDs, some glowed pink/purple, some glowed green.

#19125 1 year ago

Every insert is like this.
But, maybe this is normal?
White, but with a pink tinge.
If not, guess I better call Spooky! [quoted image][quoted image]

I had a handful which were clearly different, not all leds. They should be white. I’m not super familiar with the P-ROC system, but I’m sure it has a wiring harness for lighting that’ll be worth tracking down and fiddling with.

#19126 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Dude I'm not crapping on the game, really enjoyed it over the last months. Just sharing that for me in my current setup of 2 machines i don't see it as a keeper as the layout and flipper feel don't work for me. Just enjoying Mando more, that is why i traded my R&M.
Last post for me here, thanks.

… read your posts and replies… personally I think you’re over reacting, possibly language thing as I didn’t see anything toxic.

My wife is a fellow Münchner Kindl and after nearly 20 years in Australia she still misreads language differences.

1 week later
#19159 1 year ago

Any chance a sneaky Christmas update has happened today?

1 month later
#19321 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Okay I think now I'm all done with adjustments to ball guides and the diverter. It's late Saturday night, fellow Mortys just left. We somehow recorded a few good games, decided at the start to film as many as I could, and then just upload the one standout. I had a second and final pull apart for refinment today. Happy with the test run we just had now, most definately. It was good this morning... but Awesome now tonight!!
So here are a few pics of how my top guides were as it came out of the box. This is first looks after removing the house for the first time, Tuesday.. .
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I was a little surprised at the way ball guides were all leaning this way and that, with uneven kinks and bumps around what I thought should be smooth curves. Also leaning back at the top of the main right orbit, fast shots will ride up that, get air... also the diverter screw head was sticking out and the ball was deflecting off of it.
Long story short, two phases of adjustments went on, pull downs. At first seemed about 90% success for my opinion, second pull down and tweak today sorted out some remaining issues, this Rick Flows Pretty Sweet now!!!
Here's the pics of the top end right before I replaced the house and ramps this afternoon, the final solu .... errr, how it ended up. :3
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Mud map of significant bits...
[quoted image]
Yellow circle, straighten/align top ball guide at diverter, and kinked diverter about 30 degrees at shaft to conceal screw heads, also added kink at tip. Green line tracing over dirt mark seen in original pics, where it looked like the ball would kick off the screw head. Red Circle, moved the "crest of the hill" closer to centre.
[quoted image]
Purple circle, low density sticky foam to prevent stucky balls there. White circle, bent the very end of the tip about 20deg (I used a 10" shifter longways, bent as close to end as possible, just the last 4-5mm Max) so that it creates that smoother transition and doesn't interfere with the portal orbit shot path. Green path, now has no screw head interfering to kick the ball away, and the begining there is straight, for that right orbit top guide I just smoothed out the corner to match the art and plastic then made sure the last 2" was straight, upright, and on course. There is also a slot in that guide tab to align correctly then with diverter/shaft. Red arrows, if you don't up the diverter power then strong orbit shots seem to sometimes push the diverter part way back and causing a clunky transition.
So tonights top video, best of the three...

When I set up I just put the rear leg bolts about 10mm more extended in height than the front. I checked out the PF incline I'm at today and got 6.3 deg centre of playfield. I upped the diverter power a fair bit, and will probably go to about 6.6 degrees tomorrow and try that out.
I was pretty happy with how it played just now anyway... so was the other Morty!!
And I'm all knackered here at the end of the day, and mildly pickled ... la la la de da ...

If it isn't already, the post above #8167 should be added to the Key Posts.

I've done all sorts of mods, MRS switches, ball guide bending, moving ball guide mounts etc etc since buying R&M NIB... The diverter from factory has 2 round head screws which essentially act as speed bumps, bending the start of the diverter to essentially hide the screws smooths out the ball path removing pretty much all clunk. The diverter doesn't have a lot of extra length to play with, so it's quite a lot of trial and error, but well worth doing.

#19322 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

You nailed it, Season 6 WAS a banger.

Agree, Season 6 was back to their best!

#19324 1 year ago

So I did some tweaking this afternoon on R&M. Added some Halo flippers with new rubbers, and spend some time coercing the diverter.

The metal diverter on the main orbit (fuck knows why) has protruding screws on it. So every time you hit the orbit at above reasonable pace, the ball clips the screws and rattles around, slowing the ball, fucking timing, adding extra clunkiness and generally fucking things up!!

I followed a fellow Morty members thread today regarding the tweaking of the diverter. Took a few hours, was a pain in the ass, but it seems to have worked.

I’ve had switch issues for a while now, so R&M has been rarely played, but coincidently today I put up a GC high score

Whether it’s the new fancy flippers or just the orbit fix, who knows, but I used to play R&M like a mad mofo and rarely got close to tonight’s score. My suggestion, fix the diverter and/or add the new super fancy flippers.

Love R&M!!!

IMG_3880 (resized).jpgIMG_3880 (resized).jpg

#19332 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I reached out to mantis...he's interested. So I'm going to pull mine out this weekend and send it to him next week...anyone have pics of this I can send him showing the issue before I go through the dissassembly (pita) ...an overall pic of the divertor itself would be great too...just send it right to my inbox...thanks and keep you all updated....If he says its a go...I'll do a poll to get an approximate number of people interested.

Go back to post #8167

2 weeks later
#19439 1 year ago

Theres been a few ramp mods pop up recently, this one however seems almost factory in its implementation. The Jerry (and Summer and Beth) shot isn't very dynamic and not something I typically enjoy shooting for. Do you have any further game play video? Would love to see what secondary gameplay changes occur with the mod in place.

#19491 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Which precision flipper kit do folks prefer? The solid bats or the lighter see through style? [quoted image]

I went blue Halos with GITD Titans. Play beautifully.
24E1DD52-6B0D-4FAF-9AAE-9D2F89B00EBE (resized).jpeg24E1DD52-6B0D-4FAF-9AAE-9D2F89B00EBE (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#19627 11 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I find it absolutely amazing that you are still working on this - the last updates with the added dimensions and challenge modes were brilliant. Thanks for continuing to improve this already stellar game!

Which is why R&M is such an amazing game. The love put into the pin is so obvious.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
Decorations
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnyfalcon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=flynnyfalcon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.