(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,225 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 minutes ago by N80G80
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danqverymuch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Aw Geez - Justin dislikes catch phrases! So what? (Gets out tiniest violin to play a first world nitpick concerto.) A Rick and Morty pinball club thread is probably one of the most positive and fun loving uses of a silly catch phrase out there. Don’t like catch phrases? Stick to non-verbal forms of entertainment. I like the club name and think we oughta keep it.

I didn't say I didn't like it, I believe in the power of information. I doubted any of us knew this and thought it might have some bearing. Or not, but ignorance is never defensible. I'll forego suggesting a different "sticking" for that tiny violin.

One person's positive and fun loving is another one's corny and lame. The complete opposite of the show's edginess. We don't watch R&M because the humor is cute. Hm, guess I don't like it now that I thought through it. But it's not my call, and it doesn't really bother me in the slightest.

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

So far, no other Actors.
I think there will be a few other callouts that aren't J's though.

There's the announcer during Roy: A Life Well Lived, for one.

3 weeks later
#1558 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

...and we have plenty of TP.

Oh, so you're the one who bought it all up!

1 week later
#1809 4 years ago

This hear post is unedided. I hoap theirs no misteaks!

#1886 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I noticed a lot of post were “edited” in the past 4 days! What’s going on? Did I miss something?

4 weeks later
#2521 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Green looks sweet!

I agree! I wonder, is it too late for Spooky to make it an option? (Can o' worms with the already delivered ones, though, I suppose.)

#2584 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

jhoward1082 looks sick man! I’m not usually a big fan of Alt translights but that looks bonkers!

Looks pretty cool, although it doesn't look much like Rick & Morty...

2 weeks later
#2799 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm in the late 80's

#2819 3 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Care to share your number in line ?

I bet he's in the late 80's like MikeS.

Why this obsession, anyway? It'll be your turn when it's your turn!

I'm actually glad for the delay in a selfish way, it removes any concern of mine coming up before I have the cash.

Quoted from epthegeek:

We also don't really want EVERYBODY to grab/run the beta -- the public update will be out as soon as it makes sense.

It'd be funny if you posted a "beta" where all it did was play "Human Music"! That'd be a rib tickler!

And you wouldn't have to worry about the gag being memorialized in the non-existent change log!

#2917 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Some of it is just too much for me though.

Then I don't recommend checking out Solar Opposites on Hulu.

Just you, though! Everyone else will love it!

#2927 3 years ago

Talk about gilding the lily! (From what I hear, anyway, haven't seen R&M's pf for myself yet.)

#2985 3 years ago

Guys, I just noticed that the IPDB has just a flyer pic for R&M, and NO ratings for it!

Here's a chance to submit some pics for posterity (and named credit), and get some accurate ratings added (hopefully without any hater ratings), we don't want this awesome game to get short shrift!

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6641

(I would, but haven't had the pleasure yet, mine won't come until October maybe and none are routed near me that I know of)

#3030 3 years ago

Wow, by the time we get to games in my vicinity (around 300) it's gonna be unbelievable!

#3225 3 years ago

Maybe everyone should just add the domain spooky.com to their email whitelists so their spam filters will leave it alone?

#3264 3 years ago

It would be cool if there were a callout for when the game recognizes an "impossible" sequence of switches, such as occurs after a wild bounce into the shooter lane for example, along the lines of "WTF just happened?"

#3324 3 years ago

Seems to me like another tweak they ought to do at the factory.

#3326 3 years ago

Well, isn't it 10 times easier to slap a few washers in there during initial assembly?

#3547 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wouldn’t shock me if Stern or someone has already scooped up the rights to Solar Opposites in the wake of dropping the ball on R&M.

I would be a little shocked if any pinball company has any interest in it, much less paid for rights already, since it has not proved to be a cultural phenom like R&M by any stretch. I liked it, but I can think of many other shows that would make better pin themes. People don't identify with space aliens.

#3641 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

The cheese balls are a kingpin thing! He actually ordered them for all of his customers!

Now you tell me! Might've been worth risking missing out, rather than ordering from the Spooky website!

1 week later
#4068 3 years ago

Wow. If cars were cobbled together the way pinball machines are, I would never drive above 25mph out of fear for my life.

1 week later
#4216 3 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

There goes any street cred you had in a Rick & Morty thread. That object is easily identifiable...

It's not even technically flying!

#4274 3 years ago

Is it not conceivable for Spooky to offer a quiet fan as a factory upgrade so we don't wind up paying for two fans, besides having to swap them out and jeopardizing our warranty?

#4278 3 years ago

I wish I had a fan that bugs me, we are only halfway to my build number! (Which I why I suggested offering an upgraded factory fan. If I already had my game that would not do me any good.)

Quoted from TomGWI:

The fan is not that bad.

That's good, maybe I'd already know that if someone invited me to play theirs! (Hint! Hint!)

#4330 3 years ago

Nothing a little duct tape wouldn't fix right up!

Seriously, I wouldn't call the little bit of flex they were expecting from that design a "hinge" but unless that's not acrylic and this one example had an existing flaw, I would expect them all to break eventually.

Whatever the case, I'm certain Spooky will take care of it! Meanwhile I'll consider it one more example of why I'm "glad" my build is halfway down the list.

1 week later
#4530 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

Got my options email as well, #122

#4563 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Decent score.[quoted image]

I like what you got.

1 week later
#4762 3 years ago

I'll be turning match off at some point anyway, like I do on all my games. Free Play = meaningless match. I'd much rather hear the end of game music right at the end of game!

I'm glad that restarts already have multiple taunts, as I do that a lot. Again, free play. I'm too old to waste time playing out shitty starts, I'm trying to beat my high scores! Anyone who objects doesn't understand odds. Doing it during practice has no effect whatsoever in competition, unless you are psyching yourself out.

#4771 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Understanding odds and thinking restarts are lame are not exclusive.
It only takes one ball, my man.

Anyone thinking what anyone does is lame is, uh, er, something akin to lame.

#4885 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

The PinMonk fan upgrade is a must. It is well worth the effort. I can't recommend this upgrade enough.

I'd still rather pay extra to have it changed officially at the factory...

1 week later
#5027 3 years ago

I don't think we should get mad at people for being excited and eager to know when their number will be up.

The hubbub last time was due to predictions being made based on incomplete information and frankly incompatible (as it turned out) promises from Spooky, although in the end it was generally agreed that they would do what's best and fair, given the instant sellout something had to give, they deserved any slack they needed.

My silver lining is that these delays mean I'll for sure have the money when mine comes up.

Quoted from zaphX:

Indisputably accurate statement

... as well as a lazy tautology!

#5045 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

But seriously probably a year or so.

Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

#5090 3 years ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

#151 shipping on Monday

#5123 3 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

Thanks, I've added the BSE to the IPDB. Our listing for SE will wait until I hear they've begun to ship (likely, when I hear buyers received them).
We could use some owner's pics of BSE about now, hint hint.
Thank you.

I just noticed that the ipdb page is still barren (except for the features list!), with just a flyer scan, no pics, and zero ratings!

Also no SE info yet, and didn't a few get made to go out in container shipments?

Has no one submitted anything to ipdb? Here's a chance for minor lasting fame, with the way they credit pics. And let's submit some ratings and reviews! Let's crack that Top Ten B/W monopoly over there!

(I would, but we're only halfway to 294.)

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6641

3 weeks later
#5620 3 years ago

Do keep up!

25 days ago

Quoted from Rarehero:

Got my #170 invoice the other day! I got schwifty. Then I had to clean the shit off the floor.

3 days ago

Quoted from JustEverett:

Invoice for 235 received. Out of town for Labor Day weekend, but I’ll get it paid Monday when I’m back.

1 week later
#5794 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:Easier for people to buy a spot for $3-4K than it is to plunk down $11K for a game. Sure it will end up costing the same, but people think, "I'll save up for the final payment." That kind of thinking leads to people having to sell their spot down the line anyway.

Yeah, I'd wager that most rich mofos who wanted one NOW have already scrounged one up.

Quoted from Ozzy:

#175 arrived yesterday. Loaded with every option available

Congrats! Ya know, the longer I wait, the more I feel inclined to go Butter. It's going to get a spot where the sides are visible, it certainly sounds like a keeper so I won't care if it doesn't add $1k to the resale value (and I'm not so sure it won't), and no one who has gotten it has expressed even the slightest regret that I recall.

Also, Spooky must make a little bit of profit on the upgrade anyway, and they deserve to!

"Bring me the butter!"

#5883 3 years ago

Those crystals look cool, but they don't have a reason to shake whenever the ship does...

#5886 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Well....from the episode, the ship did crash into the rock structure that contained death crystals. The impact would have shaken the ground. So, it all makes sense to have crystals shaking with the ship. Sorry....best I can come up with. I still think it looks a heck of a lot better than the original ship mount.

That rationalization works. But if you split the crystals from the ship mount, and mounted them in front of it on the other stationary mounting screws, I would definitely want one!

1 week later
#6209 3 years ago

In the US we're only in the 220’s/230’s.

Yeah, some of you guys had me worried I missed an email. (294)

#6303 3 years ago

Build sheet for #294 came this morning!

To butter or not to butter?

#6307 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

I got worried about my #246 spot being for sale before reading the next line.

Don't worry, you "bot" it!

2 weeks later
#6928 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I dropped off another batch. These are now available again on Pinball Life's website.
Thanks

... Aaaand they're sold out again.

Hope you're making more! I need one, too! And I originally gave you the idea of detaching them from the ship mount, as I recall. It's cool, I don't even have my game yet, so I can wait, but I definitely want one!

#7081 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Not sure exactly what as all shipped as they are all stacked in deep lines but I can say we are putting games on the line in the 320s tomorrow

Hope I get my invoice soon then (294)!

Or is there a hold up with Butter again?

1 month later
#8947 3 years ago

Well. I've had my Rick and Morty for about a week.

I have a lot to say.

For now, I just want to say this:

How happy I am with this game is how happy I expected to be with WOZECLE (and wasn't, in case you don't get the inference).

So glad it finally happened. My facial muscles are sore from my shit-eatin' grin.

#9083 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

whoops. Pinball is easy... reading is hard.

Searching is even harder, I've noticed before. Ironic, when it makes reading so much easier! (As in more accurate, and less time consuming, than visually scanning for info.)

#9236 3 years ago

I would have to be able to hit that shot before it could not register.

It's a tight one!

#9293 3 years ago

I'm almost glad that I wasn't crazy about the topper (despite it being a free bonus!) and that it didn't fit where I wound up putting the game.

I took it off, and moved the flashers inside the backbox. Now it isn't always simply statically lit up!

At some point I may add something to make use of the motor voltage.

If Eric wanted to make a setting to make them flashers optionally do more than simply flash when the portal is open, that would be beyond awesome. Low priority, I realize.

Added over 3 years ago:

The video doesn't do it justice, as the backbox flashers are much more prominent in person.

#9312 3 years ago

My game, #294, came with the upper flipper not working. Just had to adjust the flipper button switch. But the way it was gapped, no way it worked at the factory.

A few other targets and switches still need tweaking. I have banked off the family targets all the way up to the lock, without any of them registering. The sling is machine gunning intermittently. NBD.

I have yet to perform the myriad adjustments to ball guides, etc detailed in this thread, but I'm not sure if I need to, got to 49 million last night as-is.

The anti-gravity device seems weak. Using up the whole energy bank isn't enough to get the ball to sit still over the magnet? Is everyone's this anemic?

Still, overall, I am delighted with the game!

I could do with less commentary on the adventure card. Getting to 5 or 6 stamps when 4 were prelit is no great achievement, for example. Let us cut them off, at least.

#9329 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

now I finally have Squanchy in my game

Did you not notice him sitting above the Beth insert?

1 week later
#9550 3 years ago

Anybody else had the thrill of CLUNK lost ball in the cabinet yet?

The ball fits through there rather easily. Didn't take long to figure out what happened!

16095734083814558023954455451759 (resized).jpg16095734083814558023954455451759 (resized).jpg
#9562 3 years ago

My TWD had a bolt break off in a post , so I was fixing it and I noticed that the post sleeve was very thin, thinner even than the ones flanking that oh-so-tight turnaround shot on R&M.

So you can probably guess what experiment followed this discovery, and I gotta say it seems to make that shot much more makeable. At one point, it seemed almost flowy, even! Maybe it was largely confirmation bias, but those sleeves are staying!

#9683 3 years ago

Using the flippers on this game makes my room lights flicker more than any other game ever has.

Enough so that I would like to be able to do something about it. It's really distracting. Plus I have to think it's making coils weaker during multiballs, etc, dragging down the line voltage.

I have a big 'ol Best UPS that I could use, just needs a new battery, bet that'd smooth things out.

But that would be a hundred pound bandaid. Maybe a big capacitor on the game's high voltage line?

But maybe it's partly my cheap LED floodlights, they do weird things like glow dimly when the circuit is supposed to be off (on dimmer circuits), so maybe they're sensitive so slight variations in line voltage too. I just never had a problem with it before getting R&M...

Any ideas, opinions or similar complaints?

#9691 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Can you try plugging the game into another outlet that's not on the room light circuit?

Good idea, I will try that.

My electrician just told me, yesterday in fact, that lights should be wired on one circuit and outlets should be on another. Meaning they should be on separate breakers. So assuming everything is wired correctly pinball machines shouldn’t affect the lights. Unless you have them plugged into your lighting circuit.

I will also look into that. You know how it goes with finished basements, seems rather likely.

Thanks!

Quoted from Zablon:

Wonder if that is in anyway related to the abnormal heat issues with the flipper coils. Pulling too many amps?

I wondered that too. I also wonder if switching-type power supplies are ideal for such repetitively varying loads. In a normal computer the load is much more constant. If the HV is even on a switcher, have not seen schematics or docs to indicate one way or the other, nor have I tried to figure out where the HV comes from inside the game itself. Insights welcome!

#9695 3 years ago

Yeah, guys, that was the problem, I had just forgotten that light will do that because I hadn't had pins plugged in along that wall in a while. In fact, I had also forgotten I used to run an extension cord for that very reason! A little embarrassing. Blame it on the new game, right? I will self-flagellate with a wet noodle forthwith.

#9739 3 years ago

Guess I better turn the upper flipper strength back down! This happened twice after I goosed it.

PXL_20210106_224817562 (resized).jpgPXL_20210106_224817562 (resized).jpg
#9745 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What is this photo supposed to be showing?

What it is supposed to show, and I thought did, is a ball stuck way up inside the house. See the circular shadow? See the ball behind the shadow?

Your house took Some damage?

No damage, thankfully. It probably wouldn't have happened without me cranking up the flipper power, plus the wonky flipper height, which the new bushings will ameliorate.

#9768 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The inner loop multiplies the skillshot, if you make it after looping. More loops = more multiplier.

Which is great if you hit the skill shot at the end, but do you get anything besides charging the car if you hit the inner loop repeatedly but miss the skill shot at the end? It's practically all luck, no time to aim, the way the ball whips around there after two loops! I wonder if I wouldn't be farther ahead in the long run just going straight for the garage. Just another strategy decision, I know, but more info leads to better decisions.

#9802 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No one has played a standard

Those who have played a standard, built out of order due to bulk overseas shipping considerations, would probably disagree with this statement.

#9805 3 years ago

BSD and standard should not have separate ratings in the first place. I am pretty certain that armor color does not affect gameplay one iota.

#9813 3 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

Standard comes with purple legs?

No, the wrong legs shipped with some of the aforementioned overseas Standards.

#9901 3 years ago

Ve vill take all der updates ve get, und ve vill like it!

I hate to say it, but with six(?) seasons to go, this game would have me gladly paying for DLC. (That is saying a lot.)

I heard something about Adult Swim already being tired of approving content. The pinball thing was years ago to them, I suppose. But really, how difficult is it? Lawyers, I bet.

Offering them more cashola to add DLC at some point might renew their enthusiasm.

And add pinball use of voice to the other actors' contracts, so we can hear them too! (Probably why season 1 to 4 sound bites are off limits, except for Mr. Roiland's.)

Just suggesting, not demanding, here. I'm off the charts happy with the game already!

#10019 3 years ago

OMG waxing this game is for masochists!

Anyhow, I came here to say that PinMonk's quiet replacement fan is totally worth the effort to install, and I was a skeptic. But for that price it's a no brainer.

I'm not saying it was at all difficult, just inconvenient. And the tiny screws Spooky used for the L brackets strip really easily, not so they fall out but they won't tighten down completely. A few were already loose when I was taking them out, and I found out why putting them back on. I hope this helps others to be careful reinstalling theirs.

#10121 3 years ago

SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 32GB worked for me first try, no reformatting necessary. 8 bucks at Walmart.

I didn't even bother trying older USB thumb drives I had laying around first. This one goes right on the R&M key ring!

1 week later
#10411 3 years ago

My basement has an uneven floor, near the walls mainly, and I was having trouble after I put in a sheet of Invisiglass, which turned out to be oh so slightly longer than the factory glass. Kinda funny, really. At first it was fine, then I moved the game, then suddenly I couldn't get the lockbar in right, and I had to switch back to regular glass, and even that was tight, and I was even afraid of the bar scraping the glass edge. Then I figured out it was out of square, so I tweaked the leg levelers and all was fine again.

Guess I'm saying the game body has more flex than might be ideal, which is fine as long as you compensate when needed. Most games will be on a flat floor and no one will notice. Not saying this is some great revelation, but with the tolerance Spooky went with for the glass/lockbar gap it's good to know, if your floor is uneven for whatever reason.

#10523 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's nothing. You should have been around for Heathkits.

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Wow! If they only made a pinball machine!!!!!!!!

That's what he was referring to; they did make one!

bally-heathkit-fireball-pinball_1_e68e65aa5aeba32d51829faf72f997ac (resized).jpgbally-heathkit-fireball-pinball_1_e68e65aa5aeba32d51829faf72f997ac (resized).jpg
#10526 3 years ago

I wish I had bought a few hundred Heathkits and stored them unbuilt - - they're worth a fortune now!

You can still get your kit groove on, though. One source is PAIA Electronics, and they have expanded from synthesizer and audio projects to all kinds of things they never used to deal in. http://paia.com

Obligatory R&M content: finally retweaked my garage shot. Stuck the tab under the side rail. Moved the one LED to the nearby wire hole. Bent the guide to follow the artwork. I was able to screw all the screws back in the existing holes, as it turned out. Much less rattling rejection now. Sweet!

#10591 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Is the led in the scoop one color depending on which "mode" to you want it linked to or does it change?

Quoted from harryhoudini:

mimic any light around the scoop

#10629 3 years ago

If any game was ever worth the effort to get "dialed in," it's this one!

Am I wrong that the combination of features is unique? Between the Adventures, Dimensions, Meeseeks, and the Megaseeds, there is always so much going on! Add to that the Danesi lock, ball fondling, the Antigrav, and the Slam pop with earnable Save. It's just a riot!

The Adventures are brilliant, shining examples of theme integration. Very creative. Not tied down to only so many by some insert count, either. I hope more and more get added as the seasons go by, I'll happily pay extra for them at some point.

The Dimensions are also amazing, so much innovation going on, with the lighting, the feature modifying and of course the silly noises and/or cool music.

The Meeseeks are hilarious, another super creative idea, with limitless possibilities for multiplying shots since it stacks with everything, even Mania with the other multiball.

The Megaseeds are fantastic as well, I love how the bonus percentage builds and builds, and lasts all game. I've gotten to 30 seeds, basically a 2.5x scoring multiplier!

Gotta love the Danesi lock 2.0. The U turn is a beast! I've turned on the ball save for that, though I guess we shouldn't be hitting it when the lock is inactive. I'd like to see some reward for hitting it, even just maybe a "superfluous loop count" high score entry.

But when it becomes a physical ball lock, it really shines. The addition of "ball fondling" to increase future jackpots is brilliant. And when multiball starts with three balls screaming towards the flippers, it's just nuts.

As for the Antigrav, my old brain took like a month to wire up the reflex to remember to use the damn thing! Which I thought was odd, as my very first game was a Black Knight back in 1990, and I thought I'd pick the magnet thing right back up, so that was frustrating. But now that the neural pathway is reestablished, it is so cool! So fun making that ball whip back over into play, even during multiballs! And I finally realized that the meter isn't just a time indicator, the magnet is actually stronger the fuller it is (and weak when it is low). Ingenious!

I've never had so much fun with a game, and I still need to figure out what's wack with the right loop diverter, fix the flipper bushings, address the garage and drain ball traps, etc...

#10654 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm positive there's a way to make it not so annoyingly loud.

At least one way: I got rid of my topper. The noise was too much. And I didn't care for the characters' pose. And maybe no one noticed, but an open portal on the show does not simply revolve in a circle, looked dumb to me. (I want my $0 back! ) Didn't help that a soffit in my ceiling kept me from pushing the game back as far as I wanted, besides.

I rewired the flashers into the backbox, and now the backbox lighting is no longer static. I mentioned this here a while back, but no comments were forthcoming...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/186#post-6030465

1 week later
#11032 3 years ago

Do you like shiny more than you like $1000?

I'm sure it looks fantastic, but a normal cab looks really good, too.

In fact, I had originally opted for a butter cab. Squirrel said it was alright to change to a normal cab, when I second-guessed myself. (She is so nice!)

Then when the game came, it looked so good that for a minute I thought they had sent me butter anyway!

#11145 3 years ago

Realized something. Thanks to the AntiGravity device on R&M, the urge to shake the machine (which risks stressing my messed up shoulders) when the ball heads for the outlane has been completely replaced with the AG button reflex, even on the left side, and even on other games!

I wonder whether I can get my doctor to retroactively write a prescription for my R&M, so I can write it off as a medical expense!

#11228 3 years ago

I'm too cheap to drop $70 on two switches, so I went "old school" and looked at the actual problem, which turned out to be that the factory switches were not activating until the wire blade was depressed something like 2/3 of the way down. So shots with any "air" under them were getting missed, thus slow shots would register, but fast shots from really nailing it were getting ignored.

I simply bent the wire blades so that each switch is almost activated when at rest, and the slightest contact activates it.

Haven't noticed a miss since!

I also had a drain go unregistered a couple times, turns out a similar thing was happening in the trough. I went into diag and sure enough, the switch was not active when I could see the ball sitting on it. A slight poke and it registered. Soooo, I tweaked each trough switch so the ball closes it a little harder and whaddya know, no more missed drains, and I'm pretty sure it has ameliorated the occasional phantom balls I was having getting added during gameplay before as well.

#11250 3 years ago

On a lighter note...

Right side sling, flipper, upper flipper, magnet stop working. Launcher and trough eject, too.

The other two on this driver card still work? (Shaker, knocker.) Fuse not blown, then.

Aha! Those two are in the cabinet, not under the playfield.

Yup. Broken wire, upper flipper, cutting off everything down the line.

16145560718008778968044624527127 (resized).jpg16145560718008778968044624527127 (resized).jpg
#11348 3 years ago

My ball launch wireform has always worked flawlessly, from day one. Makes me think that means everyone's could, if they simply figured out what's wrong, especially as opposed to ordering a replacement part before even getting the game!

1 week later
#11828 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

off to figure out how to install magnetic reed switches since my right orbit registers about half the time.

Have you tweaked the switch blade? Mine activates if you so much as touch the switch; it never misses.

#11838 3 years ago

I want to put a testicle monster time cop figure somewhere.

Too bad no one has produced one yet. (This 3d pic is just art.)

d1a3e510a539349ce9e7e4b892058a42 (resized).jpgd1a3e510a539349ce9e7e4b892058a42 (resized).jpg
#11888 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I’ve tried, but mine aren’t as sensitive

The switches themselves are identical, so yours are exactly as "sensitive" as mine. You just need to bend the switch blade more, rather radically, actually, so that the switch is almost depressed when at rest. Sorry, I wish I had taken pics. I'm talking about adding a bend so that the switch is about to click, by adding a hump where it rests on the switch body. Before, I had to push it down 2/3 of the way before it clicked. Now, it clicks as soon as I touch it. The only way for a ball to sneak by is by being airborne, higher than the switch blade. I don't know what the range is on the magnetic switch, but I wouldn't be surprised if my tweaked switch outperforms it in that regard, what with the magnet sensor already being the playfield thickness away from the ball at minimum.

I enjoy thinking about how a little ingenuity saved me 35 bucks every time I make that loop!

#11890 3 years ago

Doing as I said also shortens the blade slightly, so it isn't quite as high, and cannot get pushed aside instead of down. I have not had a hangup since, either. 99.9% reliable. There is no room on the orbit to sneak by, and the upper loopback switch, the only one with that kind of room, is no longer even used as I understand it.

#11892 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

This is not true. The magnet is only 1-2mm lower than the playfield. The switch is triggered when the magnetic field is disrupted - so the ball only needs to get close to the magnet anyway.

Oh, ok, so it sticks up into the slot? Makes sense.

So it's probably as good as a normal switch with an appropriate blade shape.

#11894 3 years ago

It's not just a reed switch, though, is it? Wouldn’t that require the ball to be magnetized?

(And if it is just a reed switch, why the hell is it $35? I don't think it is, though.)

At any rate, the switch in that video has been decommissioned anyway, but my adjusted switch there will not let a ball push it aside. Registers every time. (I'm still on old code, which works fine for me, I'm waiting for a hot flipper solution.)

#11904 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

No - the disruption in the opposing magnets triggers the lower magnet to pull harder connecting the reeds. The principle is in the first link.

I'm trying not to be dense, but everything I've scared up online says you need a magnet to activate a reed switch.

I guess these are special reed switches with their own built in magnet, not quite strong enough to close the contacts, and the ball disrupts the field, or intensifies it, to close them. Or else it's a NC switch that the built in magnet keeps open until the ball comes along and tickles the field. Pretty neat! (Hope I haven't outed any trade secrets!)

I don't have anything against them, I just see them as overkill. I'll take spending $0 over $35 every time!

#11905 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

You don't have to go down my rabbit hole of pinball perfection, unless you're really into that kinda thing.

I've said before, never seen a game benefit from tweaking the way R&M does! With everything I've done it's like night & day, and I haven't even addressed the bushings yet!

Someone unwilling to tackle the issues simply won't have as much fun, bottom line. Unless they enjoy being frustrated! It's SO worth the effort!

(Makes me wonder, though, if GnR is as, I dunno, needy as it sounds, how it shot to #1 so fast!)

#11954 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I went on Amazon and bought a 10ft USB extension cable for $8 and ran it from the backbox and down into coin door area. No need to mess with the backbox again unless troubleshooting. I'm lazy.

I'm lazy, too, but I'm even more cheap!

Although I do have R&M sitting where I can get at the whole thing easily, no moving other games outta the way. Mainly so as to see all the side art! But it helps with all the fiddling, too.

3 weeks later
#12408 3 years ago

If there is no bulletproof way for software to tell different machines apart, then yeah, regular DLC is dead in the water.

Maybe a crowdfunding, someday, to simply pay the programmer and Adult Swim for more content from future seasons, but making it voluntary and free to those who are wont to whine that they already spent $8000? I'd chip in.

#12585 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

the antagonist is a fart cloud

Well, he is a cloud, a gaseous being, but "Fart" is just the name he unfortunately adopts after an attempted insult from Rick.

I've been rewatching Flight of the Conchords lately. Great underrated deadpan comedy. Would buy the pin.

"You need to work on your interpersonal skills, Brett." "Shut up, Jemaine."

1 week later
#12815 2 years ago

My game is currently sitting off with three balls in the scoop from multiball. The game never tried to ball search, and I did not tilt it. I stopped the game by entering the menu and went to switch test, and the switch was showing closed. (?!)

I also was having drains not register occasionally , but I figured out that the third trough switch was poorly soldered, as just poking at the wires made it register. I would think if the fourth switch is closed, there must be four balls in there regardless of what the third switch shows.

I also had my recent HSTD of 162M tainted by the subsequent realization that the sling wasn't working, the wires had broken off from the switch lug during the game. This after I had wires break off the upper flipper coil a while back. Maybe I should reflow every damn solder joint under the pf?

#12818 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Wire broke from scoop coil?

No, it ejected when I finally rebooted. Actually, only two balls made it out, the third didn't finally eject until I pressed start. I don't mean to criticize, but it seems like lots of sanity checks routinely performed on other games to compensate for what seem like obvious switch "malfunctions" are absent on R&M. Of course, without access to the source code I have no idea whether this is true. Which adds to the frustration, to be honest, being a coder myself.

#12971 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

If we're going by states though
california = 32
texas = 23
florida = 20
Illinois = 18
Wisconsin = 17

All that mostly tells us is which states have the most people!

Factoring in those population counts:

California 39512223 / 32 = One R&M for every 1,234,757 people
Texas 28995881 / 23 = One for every 1,260,690 people
Florida 21477737 / 20 = 1 per 1,073,887 people
Illinois 12671821 / 18 = 1 per 703,990
Wisconsin 5822434 / 17 = 1 per 342,496! Over 3.6x the R&M density of Cal.

If Cal had that density, they'd have 115!

AK does beat WI though, 741545 / 4 = one per 185,386. Almost twice as dense as WI.

#13170 2 years ago

Here's my current topper incarnation. Any word on a quieter motor? Otherwise, I don't miss it. I may have to move the flashers, which I had relocated into the backbox, back behind the portal, though. Or add another set in parallel; can anyone tell me if the hardware can handle that extra load? BTW in this pic I'm cheating by backlighting with a ceiling fixture...
PXL_20210504_044754798 (resized).jpgPXL_20210504_044754798 (resized).jpg
That's a fresnel lens from an overhead projector in front of the portal. Looks really cool in person. And the additional lit blue crystal field is a thrift store find, originally from some doll. I'm pretty stoked how cool it looks!

#13252 2 years ago

Those wanting to plug in a 120v fan but not into the service port (as it is always on), do what I did and just unplug the game's power supply from the other (switched) port, and add a short extension cord or multiple outlet adapter to plug the power supply back into along with your fan!

#13327 2 years ago

Is what has been programmed ever verified with a storage scope to see whether it occurs as expected?

I can imagine it gets hairy if the EOSs and flipper buttons are debounced, and I presume interrupts are involved.

I don't recall coil saturation ever being brought up, either. Is it not pertinent?

#13468 2 years ago

Looks like 3+mm vs 3+mm to me.

#13483 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Personally i am just impressed that you can read millimeters on a ruler that measures inches....

Ha! I didn't even notice!

Silly to imagine Spooky had a slightly different bat created just for R&M, anyway.

#13592 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Are they stilling taking orders for builds? Anyone have a spot for a blood suckers edition they need to give up? DM me.

No, and they've built all the Bloodsuckers I gather, they're at the end of the run building "Standards" now.

#13609 2 years ago

’Rick and Morty’ Composer Ryan Elder on How to Write a David Bowie Song For a Fart

https://www.indiewire.com/2017/09/rick-and-morty-composer-david-bowie-fart-1201877820/

#13617 2 years ago

Don't presume the art is in exactly the same place on every playfield.

Now, I don't know that it isn't for a fact, but it sure would explain quite a bit.

There must be an allowed tolerance, in manufacturing there is no such thing as perfect.

#13621 2 years ago

I was going to suggest this, feeding flipper coils constant current instead of a fixed voltage, but I searched first and was disappointed to see it was proposed three years ago (in another Spooky thread!) since apparently it was subsequently ignored when it could have been incorporated into R&M:

Quoted from mamawaldee:

Flipper force, like any magnetically derived force, is dependent on current, not voltage. If you can maintain the coil temperature, flipper power will approximately track with voltage. As the flipper coils heat up with constant use, resistance increases, current decreases, and force will decrease.

This problem will exist until somebody begins using closed loop current control on the flippers, the same way you control torque with motors.

You implement closed loop coil current control, and feed the coil rail with a SMPS that can provide the required current at low line voltage, and this lack-of-force problem can theoretically be eliminated. Only true mechanical wear will remain.

The idea being that you start with an oversized coil that will still be strong enough when hot. Then the system simply forces the chosen current through it (when you flip, of course), by lowering the activation voltage when it's cool and raising it as temperature increases. (It doesn't need to monitor the temp, though, it just keeps the current constant.) I would imagine it takes longer to heat up too, since you're not blasting it with the full voltage while it's cool.

Next game, perhaps? (A retrofit solution would rock, though! Aftermarket geniuses, put on your thinking caps!)

This article I found is what got me thinking about it:
https://www.electronicdesign.com/power-management/article/21805436/use-current-to-drive-solenoid-relay-from-array-of-voltages

#13642 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Has anyone had the entire right side go dead on them?
No right flipper, no sling, no launch, no ball feed.....
I think I’m about done with this game.

And if the fuse is good, a wire just broke off on the top flipper.

Like it did on mine.

#13748 2 years ago

Funny, my factory wireform works practically every time... certainly well enough to not waste a Benjamin replacing it.

But if you're one who would rather spend $35 upgrading a switch instead of bending the blade on it... go for it!

Meanwhile, it's getting to where I'll be able to buy another game with the money I've saved not replacing things on R&M!

#13799 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Yeah, I have no issue providing the file. I’m not looking to make money on it…just help people out. I just need time to upload everything to public spaces.

Awesome! I was too shy to ask, myself, but I also figured the development cost must have been negligible.

Still, I'd be happy to Paypal you something once it prints okay for me! Or donate to Pinside! Or both!

Now, if someone would design a replacement ship flap we could print...

3D printing is great, who cares if it breaks? Print another! Fiddle with it first if so inclined!

Looking forward to unveiling the thing I 3D printed for my R&M, just need to become an instant expert at painting first!

Anyone still reading who has never tried 3D printing may not realize how cheaply you can get your feet wet. My brand new Ender 3 was like $100. And that was two years ago at least.

#13861 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If you didn't do the update 2x in a row, do that first.

It's like a ritual to placate the pinball gods now, I guess? That was only required for updating from builds before like over a year ago.

#14011 2 years ago

Brilliant!

Nice touch how you printed yours in Kalaxian Purple!

#14023 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone know why this is happening on the portal protector?
Do I need a raft, or need to change the heat on the bed?

I always use rafts. I figure it's either waste it on rafts or on entire aborted prints.

I don't print stuff very often, though.

Gonna try a glass bed soon, I hear good things.

#14131 2 years ago

As a stopgap measure, I finally tried just lowering the flipper rubbers for now, and wow! The ball can't wait to go up that left ramp now!

If this is a preview of when the bushings are tweaked, I'm going to pick a solution and get to work. The rubber isn't going to stay put and it will wear funny, anyway. And my left flipper needs a new shaft besides, too gouged to stay where I tighten it.

The groove in the flipper bat makes it kind of launchy, though, aimed up. Another reason to not just leave it this way.

2 weeks later
#14365 2 years ago

I'm mad at my R&M right now. I had a killer game going, and I managed to start Rick Potion #9, multiball, and Meseeks Mania at the same time! I barely had time to think "Here we go, time to finally really blow this mutha up!" when the game went dark and reset.

F**K!

#14369 2 years ago

Beta? This was the latest code.

I think it's charming when it picks a dimension where you can't progress on the current adventure. That's the kind of crazy shit that makes this game so great! But I can't imagine what could cause game events to reset a game besides sloppy programming.

#14376 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I think using the phrase "sloppy programming" is a huge disservice to Eric and his code.
Shit happens. It's pinball. What you could do is send a bug report to Eric so that he could try to recreate the issue and fix it. Cliche time: be part of the solution, not the problem.

I tried helping directly once, all I got was attitude. So now my attitude reflects that. Sorry!

And if you look back, he disappeared right after I asked (and never got an answer) whether he ever uses a storage scope to see if what he has programmed actually happens as expected. Then a while later, without comment, he released code that fixed the major flipper issues. What a coincidence!

I have mucho programming experience, so I know whereof I speak. I can only imagine what sort of spaghetti code might make a game reset when all it has to do is monitor switches, fire solenoids, turn leds on and off, and play sounds and videos. Stack overflows?

May 18th is the latest code and is what I was on. Like I said.

#14380 2 years ago

By the way, the soldmypin link is no longer to the beta, it's the same version as on Spooky's website.

#14385 2 years ago

We don't even have slut dragons or snake jazz yet!

#14488 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

I am having an issue with my machine in that when the game is first turned on, the balls have collected in the trough eject. The machine will say that balls are missing. You have to take the glass off the machine and use a magnetic wand to remove the balls from the eject and return them manually. It does not happen every time you turn on the machine. Could this be an intermittent opto failure?
Thanks

Whoops, this doesn't do any good sitting in the compose box, hit Send Post, Dan!

Not optos, the trough uses switches. Use switch test to make sure they all activate with balls sitting on them. On my game I had to adjust the switches to make them register more reliably. This was true of the other places where the ball sits on a switch as well. I was getting drains not registering, switch test told me no ball was on the switch when there was! Just bend them a bit so the ball activates them a skosh harder.

#14525 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I got mine almost a year ago and I've been reading about flippers and bushings and noticed mine have a wider gap between them and the playfield than my Sterns. I just don't feel any differences between the games. I've read people on here said it's night and day but I'm pretty happy with mine. All the wear is on the bottom half of the flipper, rather than the middle, but just don't know how much better it could get by going through and replacing the flippers/bushings. I am replacing my rollovers with the magnetic ones though and excited about that upgrade.

Well, I just changed out my bushings last night, and now I'm falling in love with the game all over again! SO much better. No problem whatsoever making the left ramp. I may have to turn down the flipper power from the stock setting!

On the other hand, sure, spend a bunch on magnetic rollovers if throwing money at things is your usual way of handling problems, but my switches still work great with the way I bent each blade so that the slightest touch triggers the switch.

Quoted from RobT:

Faulty logic.
If you restarted the game, that "amazing 3rd ball" would have been your 1st ball instead.

Speaking of faulty logic... are you saying that ball outcomes are predetermined?

#14531 2 years ago

Huh. I have never had a flyball off those switches, or a hangup, since the bends I made also made the activator section less of an arc and also lower to the pf.

I imagine some are not picturing the tortured bends I made, so I lifted the pf just now to get a pic. The wire is bent so that the switch is almost activated at all times. Before, the switch had to be depressed like 2/3 of the way before it would register. Now, the lightest touch triggers it.

PXL_20210621_183106714 (resized).jpgPXL_20210621_183106714 (resized).jpg
#14532 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Turn off the restart.

And be sure to hide your key so you can't just enter/exit the menu!

Or, maybe just don't restart?

But to claim that the ball you would have had as ball 2 or 3 is the same one you will have as ball 1 after a restart is silly.

#14534 2 years ago

I will never understand those who think the object of pinball is to have one good ball.

#14540 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Who said that?

I was paraphrasing, tongue-in-cheek.

#14560 2 years ago

Adult Swim has released the Rick and Morty Season Five Premiere episode, UNCENSORED, on YouTube!

#14581 2 years ago

You remember how the second switch in the loopback was programmed out on a previous release? I notice that the top right rollover has also now been deprecated at least to the extent that the Extra Ball is awarded on the left rollover now. Maybe more, haven't played enough just lately to say. Had to gather gumption to do those bushings, don'tcha know. (I confess I still have to do the upper. But GOD it feels like a new, much improved game with just the lowers!)

I hate to say it (no, I don't) but to me those pricey magnetic rollovers are looking more and more silly, as expensive Band-Aids on R&M, anyway. I lament how some of this cool tech is destined to languish reporting switch hits that no longer do much, if anything.

On the other hand, I would expect them to be used everywhere on CE level games henceforth! I never thought they were anything but awesome! Just the ticket for the ultimate game, I wish nothing but the best for @Sonic! They perform exactly as advertised, and there is nothing to ever wear out!

I suppose I just grew up poor, never mind me.

#14624 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Any noticeable power increase on the flippers? Any easier to hit that left ramp?

I would be surprised if not, with the difference it made on mine:

Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Well, I just changed out my bushings last night, and now I'm falling in love with the game all over again! SO much better. No problem whatsoever making the left ramp. I may have to turn down the flipper power from the stock setting!

#14734 2 years ago

Those of you planning to lower any of your rollover switches, plan on rebending the trigger wire. Those switches as supplied need to be depressed something like 2/3 of the way before they register, so if you simply lower them, they may no longer register at all!

Meanwhile, if you bend the wire like I have posted about before, you can get close to 100% reliable, no lowering necessary.

#14835 2 years ago

I knew I was going to have to relearn the shots with lowered flippers, since my left one was sitting a tad high already, and wouldn't tighten down where I wanted when I tried to aim it better due to a groove in the shaft. Thankfully the new bushing meant the groove lowered, too, and so it was no longer an issue, the pawl tightened onto the fresh section of shaft just fine and is staying put! Now I can actually aim for and hit the Meeseeks target intentionally!

#14864 2 years ago

Whaaaat? Drop targets were never designed to be banged on from behind?

This is going to affect how often I give in to the urge for a little ball fondling!

#14878 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

For R&M, is it Bowen 100% on the rules, with Eric doing the software?

Apron card says "Rules Direction: Bowen Kerins" which sounds collaborative to me. I would think Bowen's vast experience and knowledge of rules helped flesh out the bare bones Eric started with, but it's the programming makes the rules happen!

#14885 2 years ago

Here's a Dan Harmon-approved sculpt of a real-life Rick for your enjoyment.

80366_09_dan-harmon-shows-off-real-life-rick-from-and-morty~2 (resized).jpg80366_09_dan-harmon-shows-off-real-life-rick-from-and-morty~2 (resized).jpg
#14995 2 years ago

You can also set the special to award an EB for points.

#15069 2 years ago

Not trapping up all the time runs cooler. Giving it a rest between balls can help, too.

I wonder why they don't crank the hold power way down when there is only one ball in play, after a second (give or take) of holding the flipper up, and when no switch has been triggered in the interim. If you're holding the flipper up longer than that, you most likely have the ball trapped, right? And if once in a while you don't, and you're holding it up like a dork, knowing full well it'll heat up your flipper coil, an occasional easy knockdown won't kill you, and it's easy enough to avoid. Just wait until the ball is near the flipper before flipping it up for a catch, easy peasy. Heck, might even work during multiball, with the switch hit caveat. Would need to play test various delays to see what works best.

Now, if it were me, I'd crank the hold power all the way down to zero after a certain length of time, to discourage excess trapping, but don't let that ruin a great idea. Forget I said that part. Or use it during a certain adventure, maybe.

I think the pros outweigh the cons here, so I hope they try it.

#15075 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Because people who hold the fippers up a lot for no good reason would get knockdown and complain on some forum.

Good reason

Make it an option then?

#15079 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The flippers work fine. There's been a ton of tweaking, and complaining on this forum. Where they currently are, is the best they've been. I'd much rather hope for an addition adventure or two than improving flippers from 98% to 100%.

Yeah, they work great, until they get hot, which I hoped my idea could ameliorate somewhat. If it's optional, what's the problem with it?

Plus it'd be cake to implement in code. Certainly nothing compared to creating a new adventure.

#15103 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I’m not saying there wasn’t reason to complain before. His suggestion was “just turn the power down after x” to control heat. But if you have players holding up the flipper in anticipation of a ball, or just because they do that by habit, they’re going to pass x, it will be weak, and then they’ll have problems and will be calling out for a fix. I was just trying to say his idea isn’t as great as it might seem when you have to consider how other people might play.

So, why couldn’t it be an option? Those other people can just not turn the option on. And it wasn't just "after x," it was if no switch has been triggered in so long, as well. Like I said, at some point it's pretty obvious that the ball must be trapped.

This is like when my ideas for WOZ were dismissed out of hand all over again. Dunno why I bother. Meanwhile, if I came up with some pricey hardware solution, I'd be a hero.

#15118 2 years ago

Yeah, you guys are right, the programmer is never wrong, an idea I have might sound great but for all I know they already tried it and several similar tweaks and it didn't work, I should have learned my lesson with WOZ and Keefer. Those guys have a lot on their plate and even though I'm a programmer from way back, I probably have no clue how convoluted and confusing juggling everything going on can be inside a pin's brains, especially one masterfully coded for several different things going on at once!

I don't think making a suggestion is "hounding" however. I guess everyone but me likes being blown off. Putting thought into something and risking ridicule and getting a big "pffft!" in response is no fun.

Also, I could not be happier with my own flippers at present. I was trying to be helpful to those with heat problems. Just trying to help make the best game ever even better. I must learn to tone down the cynicism, but all the guy had to do was say he'd think about it.

1 week later
#15217 2 years ago

My trough switches were acting up again, with a drain not registering again.

I thought that it was weird, since I had already resoldered them and it seemed fixed then.

But now I think the problem all along was that the switch bodies were tightened down a bit too tight. Strange that possibility hadn't occurred to me, as I had seen it before on switches in other games. Usually when I tightened one too much myself while replacing it!

I simply loosened them up and retightened them to just barely snug, and no more problems.

#15269 2 years ago

Naw, we just were okay with adjusting the settings. (#294)

Never wished I was shorter before, though!

#15277 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Is there a middle ground?

That's probably where Spooky set it, or tried to.

#15279 2 years ago

Oh, then Spooky thought the default was fine, which it was for shorter people, anyway. I forgot it came at 50 & 50, I didn't mean that either.

Just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt! I can't win sometimes.

#15317 2 years ago

I think it's to keep things from shifting around, which will cause the ball to get stuck up there in the tunnel after a left ramp shot, if that back panel starts leaning backwards. If memory serves, that happened the first time I had the house out and put it back without the mysterious screw.

#15366 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

the shooter lane upgrade from PBL, Is it really needed and does it make a difference

It will depend on your particular game's physics. With my stock one, I've only ever seen it malfunction once or twice in 9 months.

#15481 2 years ago

In the 8 months since I got R&M, I rarely play any of my other games any more.

#15568 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Time to put more ratings in. Look at the newest #1 and #2 game on Pinside!
[quoted image]

First of all, wow! Impressive! And it's not a new, shiny rating like Mandalorian. That just came out in May!

That said, here's some strategy. Note that apparently the game is given the highest score of all its variations for ranking purposes as the score for the game "group." In the case of R&M, this counterintuitively works in our favor. (Typically LEs have higher ratings, if I'm not mistaken.)

I say this because the Standard is at 9.046 but the BSE is inexplicably over half a point lower, at 8.478! Yet the game is listed as 9.046 overall.

Thus, if we are to enter more ratings in an attempt to stave off the haters or beat Mandy, we either have to put in enough higher ratings for BSE to raise it above the Standard's rating, or we need to enter more higher ratings on the Standard. The former would be hard to do, with it already having eight times the number of ratings entered...

So if you haven't rated the Standard, do so! Hell, it's not like you haven't played it, it's exactly the same game, just imagine the BSE in black and there ya go!

#15623 2 years ago
350 (resized).png350 (resized).png
#15696 2 years ago
Quoted from sthippie:This is insanity. Wish and hope for new modes, but not *this*.

Describing how you'd like something to work is the best way to make sure it never happens.

#15747 2 years ago

Some people want to be able to say, no matter what game you bring up, "oh, I had one of those!"

With new games, isn't it sorta like guys hellbent on deflowering virgins without ever having loved them?

#15752 2 years ago

R&M is an embarrassment of riches. I already loved the show, and I knew it could make a great pinball theme, but I never dreamed the outcome would kick so much ass!

We are so lucky. Face it, with it sold out, there was no absolute necessity to furnish it with the fantastic software they did. They could have just Munstered it with no damage to their bottom line.

But instead we got this over-the-top, totally awesome, incredibly innovative game!

I never tire of playing it. All my other machines are jealous.

But when I do play them, they seem much much easier than they used to be. R&M is also making me a better player! For instance, on my ST Pro, I turned it on the other day for the first time in weeks and proceeded to get to KM with maxed out medals on the first game!

Thank you Spooky, and especially Eric! I regret that I ever criticized anything about the software; while I do think my complaints weren't egregious and that some of the responses were overreactions, I never meant to anger anyone or come off looking (*gasp*) abrasive!

#15753 2 years ago

Re: video modes on a video display -- that would constitute a video game. Leave that to the Xboxes and Playstationses.

1 week later
#15871 2 years ago

Is everyone else getting the messed up callout during Scary Terry, "He sure says bitch a lot! Yip!" a lot? (ST's line getting cut way short)

I wonder if it's related to the rare hangs and resets. Don't those usually happen during Scary Terry?

2 weeks later
#15985 2 years ago

Yes, especially fellow Rick and Morty fans, I would think.

A time honored tradition amongst pinheads.

Just don't open with "when can I come over?" Worst they can say is no.

#15986 2 years ago

Imagine my amazement today as I watched my almost 19 year old daughter, finally showing an interest in playing pinball, racking up over 20 million on R&M on her second try!

I do have it set up sort of easy, but still, she's a natural. Maybe she got it from her old man, but she almost finished Purge during a multiball, which was better than I usually manage! I was so proud! Gotta encourage her to keep playing and develop skillz!

1 week later
#16014 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yes you'd lose your old CARGP status but it will be well worth it. Lloyd will know what this means. And a few other old timers.

Can't forget the B! It's CARGPB!

I never got a number, but I've cheaped out enough ways on R&M that buying a nice black screen wouldn't have mattered.

1 month later
#16331 2 years ago

"Could" + $0 = zilcharoonie

Not complaining, just a reality of doing business.

The game is already better than our wildest expectations. I'm more than satisfied!

#16375 2 years ago

Wow, last night I fired up R&M for the first time in days, and immediately had my most epic ball ever! Scary Terry with both multiballs, had 4 balls going for a long time, and it only ended when a ball collision sent the last ball of the multiball flying over the left inlane into the outlane. I look up to see over 74 million and 19 megaseeds for a 95% bonus, totalling over 144 million with 4 balls to play yet!

PXL_20211107_032053000 (resized).jpgPXL_20211107_032053000 (resized).jpg

So naturally I follow up with 4 rather mediocre balls. At least I set a new high score (168 something) and most ludicrous chitz obviously (70 something) but I didn't quite get my card filled. Damn, this game is fun!

#16377 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Can anyone backhand the right ramp from a trap position?

Affirmative.

#16379 2 years ago

Standard setting, maybe even one click weaker. Same slope as you. Are your flipper bats aligned with the inlanes? The "toothpick hole" is too low, according to the designer. I also have the corrected bushings installed, they made a huge difference on mine.

#16382 2 years ago

Ignore the hole, the bat edge should make a straight line with the inlane feed.

#16387 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

What are the purple things on your right plastic ramp?

That's an ersatz roller coaster car I found at a thrift store for peanuts, that originally came with some toy. I figured what the hell, it's a close enough purple. I might try to find appropriate figures later.

I thought it was clear enough what it was that I'd get asked about the garage before that!

Quoted from 27dnast:

Just counting here… are you playing 5 ball???

I had earned the two EBs, and the pic is at the start of the first EB. It wouldn’t be relevant as to the accomplishment anyway if it was on 5 ball, ball one is ball one.

That extended MB was insane, I'm not a trap player!

Quoted from Baboon:

He must be tired after his first epic ball

I've had epic balls before, just ask the guys at the local league. Plus the first thing I said is that it was last night, and I got plenty of Zs with the extra hour from Daylight Saving Time ending!

Whoops, I see I need to reglue my lit crystal mod over the scoop. Speaking of the scoop, I should mention that mine still rejects way more often than it doesn't, which I suppose makes my accomplishment above even more impressive , but I bring it up to ask if someone whose scoop behaves better can measure the distance from the top of their scoop to the hole for me. I'm not sure if I bent mine enough or too much. Thanks!

#16389 2 years ago
Quoted from Baboon:

I feel misunderstood ,I was thinking , the first epic ball of this game you ve played ,not of your life or something
Same for the crystal mod , need to reglue it or find another way to fix it , cause it’s get brutalized a lot
And same for the scoop ,still have a lot of rejects
Except with a supa clean shoot from the right flipper

No problem, yes it was the most epic on R&M yet, but my previous high was 160 something, so I've had some pretty good balls before.

I sure am curious how high I could go if my scoop didn't reject 3 times out of 4!

#16452 2 years ago

I would be ecstatic if my scoop only rejected half the time!

I am going to try reducing my flipper power to the absolute minimum that still makes the ramps solidly, maybe that will calm the ball down for the scoop. The flipper coils should stay cooler longer then, too, I would think.

#16496 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So I was playing last night, and my coin door decal keeps peeling more. Finally decided to just design a plate and 3d print it. Feel free to download and print your own.

Nice! I wonder if anyone sell Kalaxian Purple filament?

1 month later
#16840 2 years ago

I used to sometimes have trouble getting the glass in far enough to let the lockbar seat properly. A wise man taught me never to force things. In my case the problem came and went when I moved the game around while deciding where it will go, due to the basement floor being uneven. This pointed to the cabinet not being rigid enough, allowing it to sag out of square, and fiddling with the leg levelers solved it.

#16860 2 years ago

I'm still loving my R&M a little over a year into ownership. Talk about an extended honeymoon! I am starting to think I ought to unload all my other pins, as I never play them any more. (We will see what happens once I get a Rush!)

Broke 200M the other day, after having several good balls in a row. Crammed 40 megaseeds, too!

Here's my current topper. Not much left of the original...

1 month later
#17098 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

When a single ball is locked, hitting it to adjust the ball to the other side of the sack, I mean lock.
Gotta chase that Chief Ball Fondler Champ if ya know what I mean.

Builds all subsequent Jackpots, too, don't forget!

#17136 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I ended up finding a broken coil power wire on the upper flipper, so power wasn't getting to downstream coils via the daisy-chained wire. Soldered it back on and good to go.

Same thing happened on mine.

Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Right side sling, flipper, upper flipper, magnet stop working. Launcher and trough eject, too.
The other two on this driver card still work? (Shaker, knocker.) Fuse not blown, then.
Aha! Those two are in the cabinet, not under the playfield.
Yup. Broken wire, upper flipper, cutting off everything down the line.

2 months later
#17612 1 year ago

Try a different USB stick. That seems to be the most common solution. Some guys tried 3 or 4 before it worked.

Could be a bad download, otherwise.

#17630 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Anyone else find themselves on other pins trying to press an antigravity button that doesn’t exists? I play R&M so much that it is just an automatic reaction now… very disappointing to find the button is missing.

Yes. I once owned a Black Knight, in fact it was my first pin, so I thought I'd have R&M's magnet button down in no time. But disconcertingly, it took over a month for me to get the hang of it -- not just how to use it, but to even use it at all! Then I started reaching for the non-existent button on other games!

I also feel other things missing on other games. What, no megaseeds or equivalent to collect on changing targets? No crazy old man swearing at me? No dozens of semi-modes (dimensions) messing with the playfield colors, switches, scoring, flippers, and even the mood? No adventures with all their underlying and extremely well-integrated storylines? No Meeseeks complaining how they want to die? No killer beats?

This is why I can't imagine selling it, ever. Easily the most creative, funniest and funnest game I know! Nice, too, how if it ever came to having to sell, there's a tidy profit to be made in consolation.

I'm pretty sure, too, that its brutality has made me a better player on other games, which, while being a cool side effect, takes a bit of the challenge away from the other games too!

Well, that is, apart from pressing a button that is not there...

2 months later
#18071 1 year ago

My takeaway is that Eric is not precluded from doing further updates. Cool!

But since it was an approved callout, are we stuck with "He sure says bitch a lot! Yip!"?

I also wish the Cromulon didn't add "Look!" on the callout with every made shot.

#18093 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You’re only ever going to get the 1 mystery award you actually get awarded - the other 4 are useless, so we decided to have some fun.

I love the silly, never-awarded-if-not-impossible awards! Just one more creative flair that sets this game apart.

"All shall become Glorzo" - I still smile every time I see it.

I bet you can come up with more! How about "Toggle player's virginity"? Or on multi-player games, "Trade Scores with Leader".

You could reference later seasons without using any assets: "Release Slut Dragon" or "Commence Snake Jazz" or maybe "Heat toilet seat".

If you wanted to get self-deprecating you could include "Reset Game" or "Hang game at end of ball". (Then if it really happens, it's like you got the award without earning it! Yay!?)

I haven't been playing a lot since I hurt my knee and it hurts to use my usual stance, so my memory may be a little hazy, and with this game being as crazy as it is, there's a chance I just suggested something that's already in there! Wouldn't surprise me!

#18117 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

So my false drain issue still persists

Just checking, did you make sure the trough switch bodies are not tightened down too aggressively, as was suggested? Mine were too tight as well.

Probably not a bad idea to check the rest of the microswitches in the game for the same gremlin. True of any game, I suppose.

#18230 1 year ago

Time to revive the Eric is awesome thread!

Just saying "Thanks, Eric!" seems woefully inadequate, but anyways: Thanks, Eric!

3 weeks later
#18462 1 year ago

I had to tweak my right orbit switch again, so I'm posting a better pic showing how I bent it. Note how the blade is always depressed almost to where it clicks, the slightest further press will activate it. I am considering the acquisition of one MRS, however, for the next time it decides to stick closed...

PXL_20220829_004745947.~2_exported_1087_1661756704785 (resized).jpgPXL_20220829_004745947.~2_exported_1087_1661756704785 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#18996 1 year ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Hi! I amstruggling to get the game to start with only 1 stamp lit. I set adventures lit at start to 1, but it always start with 4. Any idea?

Have you tried rebooting? I seem to recall some changes don't take effect until you do, maybe that's one of them.

1 month later
#19177 1 year ago

And with all those mechanical switches, so many contingencies requiring sane responses to insane inputs, e.g. "THAT shouldn't happen, how can ball trough switches 1 and 3 be closed when 2 isn't?" and the like.

Easy? Hell no. Fascinating? It would be for me.

I'd give anything to be able to peruse the source code.

4 weeks later
#19375 1 year ago

What I'm gonna do is check my battery voltage with a VOM. Be right back!

Okay, that was easy! Didn't even need to install any library packages or anything!

It's at 3.24 volts still, so I'm good for a while. When it gets much below 3, I'll start worrying about it. The trick is to remember to check it occasionally!

Easy to measure, too. One lead to the exposed side of the battery (+), and one to the ground screw nearby.

Perhaps some games received not-so-fresh batteries, or it could be the occasional lemon battery slips through. If a fresh replacement also loses voltage too quickly, then start worrying about the board.

It would be interesting to see what voltage remains in a battery that has failed its purpose. Then we'd have some idea how low we can safely go. Snaroff, do you still have the old battery?

#19390 1 year ago

What Eric said. Moreover, a fresh 2032 should read about 3.6v on a voltmeter. The 3v rating is nominal and the important rating is that it can supply around 240mAh of power at something like 3v, depending on the load. That's 240 milliamps for one hour, or 24 milliamps for ten hours, etc.

A 2032 reading 3.1v under no load will read well under 3v under a load such as a key fob trying to transmit RF.

As far as reading the voltage of the battery still in our R&Ms goes, the load from the board is so tiny (so as for the battery to last multiple years) that the battery voltage will be about the same whether it's in the game or out. If it gets below 3v, change it.

4 weeks later
#19519 1 year ago

Didn't we just go over this? You can measure the battery voltage while it's still installed very easily, and you should replace it, with the game on, if it gets below 3v.

2 weeks later
#19603 1 year ago

The general consensus was to move the Meeseeks target to the left a bit, like this guy did:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/190#post-6046236

Hard to tell for sure with the ball in there on your pic, but I think yours is mounted to the right too far, so this solution should work.

2 months later
#19771 10 months ago

Also make sure that all the microswitches do not have their mounting hardware tightened too hard, especially at the ball trough. Making sure all the switches work using the switch test is also a good idea.

1 week later
#19793 10 months ago

The same solenoid raises the post in the middle of the Danesi lock, so you don't want to disable it.

1 week later
#19809 10 months ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Same problem, seems resolved. THANKS.

Weird, seems like adding a post fixed it? Guess I will mark my bug report resolved!

10 months later
#20222 1 hour ago

Question: Has everyone's topper motor quieted down sufficiently with time? Or would there be interest in a hardware solution?

I have figured out a way to make that motor nice and quiet, with a few ideas on implementing the fix, but if no one would want it, I'll just take care of my own portal motor and leave it at that!

If I were to manufacture something, I am guessing the fix will only run $25 or $30...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danqverymuch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=danqverymuch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.