(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damadczar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6609 3 years ago
Quoted from lookyloo:

I was surprised too. Mine is a 2017. The extreme corners of the backbox scrapped by the arched opening of the trunk. I suspect the problem was that the middle seats are at a slight incline when folded down, which starts to lift the pin ever so slightly once it's almost all the way in. I don't know if I had flipped the seats forward if it would have made the incline a non-issue, but it would have likely created a problem for the length given the pre-mounted topper (and my lack of tools in the car to remove it).

I have a Honda Pilot 2020 as the current pin hauler. I do agree that the angled arch top is a little tight, but I've fit a data east and a WPC in there no problems -- no scrapes in other words. We have captains chairs on the 2nd row instead of the bench seat, not sure if that matters or not.

3 months later
#9987 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'd make a cliffy if I had my game to take measurements. I assume Scott could make some up since he has the CAD data.
I had some ship mounts fabbed in fatigue resistant 301 stainless. Posted it as a reply to a R&M facebook group because I didn't want to advertise (and I would think Spooky would want to do the same if they are having to keep replacing them).

Can you explain this a bit more. I don’t have Rick and Morty yet, so I’m not 100% sure what this solves. Thanks!

1 month later
#11460 3 years ago

Just joined the club today. Super excited!

1FC1F571-0713-4927-B5FB-9A1FF1E3EEF1 (resized).jpeg1FC1F571-0713-4927-B5FB-9A1FF1E3EEF1 (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#12229 3 years ago
Quoted from avanwinkle:

Just had a new experience. Started the Gromflomite Multiball while in the W1L-HM dimension.
The screaming.... Oh god, the screaming.
Do not recommend.
[quoted image]

I started multiball and went to the fart dimension at the same time. OMG. I almost wet my pants, could barely play. My wife watching started giggling uncontrollably. It was glorious! Truly hilarious.

1 week later
#12337 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

For anyone with previous Spooky experience, for how long did Spooky release software updates for past titles? A recent software release added another adventure for Rick and Morty, no doubt there are plenty of possibilities for content left, but Spooky's priorities will no doubt shift once it's next title is released. Any thoughts?

We got a pretty nice update to Rob Zombie late last year, and that game's been out for a long time now.
Depends on the programmer and the hardware platform I think.

#12380 3 years ago

So I installed the update. Flippers and everything appear the same, no problems there.

Played Moonmen, and that was just so vibe-y. Loved the shots (different colored gems).
My only complaint is that it was over too soon. Unlike some other modes, I swear it felt like Moonmen was there and gone.
Sadness.

But just a great addition. How many adventures does that make now?

We've got 9 normally qualified adventures that are started from the center scoop:

Roy, A life well lived
Total Rickall
Whirly Dirly
Look Who's Purging Now
Pirates of the Pancreas
Get Schwifty
The Blood Dome
Scary Terry
Moonmen

1 adventure that can only be started from a garage shot when qualifed:

Pickle Rick

And 1 adventure that can only be chosen as the 10th adventure with a full adventure card:

Rick Potion No. 9

How many more adventures do you think we're gonna see?

3 weeks later
#13179 2 years ago

Some of you guys getting standard editions, please post some pics. I've seen nothing but BSE for a year, be neat to see the differences again.

#13184 2 years ago
Quoted from Beamer2007:

What is supposed to be the difference from BS to regular?

It's mainly all the powder-coating and the plaque.

3 weeks later
#13970 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It SEEMS that way, but there's a lot of vibration on that plate and it's no longer mounted to a large strong surface, so unfortunately, the PETG can absolutely break. Only time will tell if these won't.
I'm not dogging the solution, just saying to temper your expectations. Also, a cast nylon bushing is much stronger.

And even the nylon bushings crack over time from the stress. Look at this one just pulled from a white water. EDIT - I'm not advocating for or against the spacer solution, I'm just pointing out that if the even stronger material breaks, then chances are good that the weaker material will too.

IMG_5701 (resized).jpgIMG_5701 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#14829 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hello everyone - quick question. I notice that my pop bumper skirt will sometimes get stuck in the down position and seems to get locked up. I have to take the glass off and pull it upward with my finger and then it's fine again. Every hundred games it happens. I have cleaned the area and that hasn't helped.
I did have to change the bulb in the bumper so perhaps when I reassembled it, it is creating friction somewhere? Before I tear the thing apart, was wondering if anyone has had this happened and how they remedied it.

Sounds like the skirt is sliding past the spoon and getting stuck? Possibly check to see if the spoon/switch is properly aligned on the skirt.

3 weeks later
#15233 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Here's how to have Everything handed to you and then throw it all away!!

About 3:30 is starts to unfold ...
One way to get 5 balls out and still fail miserably Lol

Hahaha. I did this exact same thing last night (meseeks multiball plus gromflormite multi), except I had one of those moments when 2 balls went into the outlane, and 3 balls did that thing where they all fight to go drain down the middle and succeed... leaving you with nothing. The whisper of "LOSER" as the megaseeds counted my pitiful bonus was especially fitting.

1 week later
#15382 2 years ago

Speaking of shooting lane wireform malfunction.... does anyone have the ball not make up all the way up the shooting lane a few times a game?
It kinda drives me nuts. Is it just the coil misaligned you think? it works most of the time, just occasionally either doesn't have the power or drags too much. Not sure which?

6 months later
#17120 2 years ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Thanks, that’s just what I was going for, a lineup with great representation for era/designer (Krynski for Paradise, BTW). The other wall will be all pre-war.

I’m just excited somebody besides me owns a Paradise. Lol.

1 month later
#17332 2 years ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Interesting, I've just had that experience with loss of call-out/speech too. Ironically played better but agree it's annoying. Restarting machine resets speech and speech returns. On current version (1/2/2022).

Have also seen this. Same scenario.

9 months later
#19327 1 year ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

The metal diverter on the main orbit (fuck knows why) has protruding screws on it. So every time you hit the orbit at above reasonable pace, the ball clips the screws and rattles around, slowing the ball, fucking timing, adding extra clunkiness and generally fucking things up!!

Quoted from monkfe:

I wish someone would re-make those divertors ...maybe I'll reach out to Mantis and see if its something he's interested in...

I too hate this clunkiness of my diverter. Not sure why I haven't thought of it before, but I might try to take it out this weekend and re-install the diverter to the shaft using press rivets. That should take care of the issue. Be much more in line with how other diverters are done. Not sure why they didn't do this in the first place tbh. It's fine for prototyping, but there's a reason other diverters are either riveted or welded.

#19369 1 year ago

Not to be "that guy", but Rick and Morty uses linux under the covers right?

So just install 'lm_sensors' package in Ubuntu (likely what they are using), and you should be able to see the voltage of the CMOS battery that way, and provide a warning. There is a measurement called 'Vbat' which is supposed to be used to monitor CMOS battery.

$ sensors-detect
$ sensors
Vbat: +2.94 V

However, sometimes depending on hardware you get an incorrect voltage. You then need to configure the software to map the proper hardware label to the correct sensor. There's plenty of online documentation around this. Again, not hard.

Now, all that being said, say Spooky did this? What measurement should they consider a WARNING time to tell you to change? How should it be displayed? Hardware has different tolerances within specifications, and one MB may boot with a slightly lower voltage while another might not.

I'm saying they can likely detect the issue, but when should they warn? It becomes a fuzzy problem.

I'd like to know why a CMOS battery rated for ~ 5 years is dying after 2? Is there a grounding issue? Or something else? And really, is this a huge problem? Mine hasn't died yet, knock on wood.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
10,000 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damadczar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=damadczar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.