(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calfdemon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 4 years ago

544 checking in! Over a year out but worth the wait!

#494 4 years ago

Spooky didnt make them. They are sold by Pinball Life.

#498 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

But considering Spooky get parts from Pinball Life, they kind of are?

How does that equate? Spooky is making the game already with their Lemmy hinges, one of their suppliers decides to sell a mod. How does that make these made by Spooky?

#540 4 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Guys...[quoted image]

That's fricken hilarious!! Bravo Spooky!

#685 4 years ago

Trying to make a "kid friendly" version of a pin themed on an adult cartoon is asking quite a bit. This was an adult theme going in and they have made efforts to try and tame the language, but while I completely respect folks trying to protect their kids from the violence/language, asking them to completely censor just about every video aspect of the game is too much. People should have known what to expect when they bought the pin. It is an adult cartoon and the game pays tribute...

Personally, I would rather Eric spend time coding what is already on his list of "yet to come", than see him try and reinvent the wheel, so to speak.

And I am team purple coin door

#730 4 years ago

I'd be down for one depending on how it is printed on the shirt. Not a fan a large front prints and blank backs. Would love to see that large on the back and then maybe small front pocket area. I also only wear darker colored shirts.. lol. Yeah, I am picky with my shirts.

Great job on the design!

#1030 4 years ago

Nice nice baby...

Or I guess I could have done Nice T... (Water T doesn't rhyme)

Water-T.PNG (resized).pngWater-T.PNG (resized).png
3 weeks later
#1784 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

For 8 or 9 grand I shouldn’t have to drill holes or or bend rails. Funny how 2 people on here are doing the opposite of one another. One is bending toward the payer and the other away.
The factory is closed yet no guidance from spooky. They should at least put something on their website to explain what people need to do so their 8 grand toy functions properly.

Why is everything you ever post always have a snide, underlying tone to it? Can't you ever ask a question or look for an answer without putting in some sort of BS suggesting how you shouldn't have to be bothered to ask it? Your crap about it being a 8 or 9 grand and what you should or shouldn't have to do really does not need to be in there to get what you are looking for. I guess it is just how you are... Always need to add your crappy inflection into everything. It's no wonder that you have almost as many downvotes as you have upvotes.. Hell of a percentage you have earned yourself there. I know you could probably care less about that factor, but maybe just having a different outlook or approach to things might work wonders in regards to how people respond to you.

#1786 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I didn’t think his comment was snide.

It's not directly, but the underlying tone is. Especially when it has been ongoing for quite some time. By itself it's not much (there has been way worse), but when looking at his overall work, it's hard not to read it. That exact same thing could have been asked or stated without the extra added commentary.

That could have simply said:

"Funny how 2 people on here are doing the opposite of one another. One is bending toward the payer and the other away. Can someone from Spooky put something on their website to explain what people need to do?"

That was all that was needed. Same thing accomplished. All of the rest that was added was just passive aggressive....

1 week later
#1960 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

By the way, congratulations.
I’m totally jonesing for mine and wish I had it while stuck at home.

I wish I had mine as well. But opposite of most, with the virus situation, I am working many long hours and have not had time to play a single game of pinball since this all began a month ago. I am not complaining as unlike many close to me, I am at least getting a paycheck. I know too many who are worried they may lose their house someday as they fall behind in their bills.

I am torn between being jealous of everyone who gets to stay home (and more safe) playing pinball, and being grateful that I still have income while being at risk and working long hours. What a messed up world we currently live in!

And also, a congrats on getting your games!!

#2034 4 years ago

Just curious what that mod covers? I know there is a green decal there that says something but I don't have my game yet and internet pictures don't show that spot well. Any chance of a photo of the location as it comes stock? I like the mod but want to see what I would be covering if I get it. Thanks!!

#2036 4 years ago

OK, thanks!! That sells the mod right there! Lol

Nice job!

#2043 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Bought the 1st season of Rick & Morty. What a trip this show is! Love it! Now I may have to get this machine one day.
Awesome thing is, my local coin op is on the list for one. So I'll get to try it out first. I never thought that would happen!

First season was good and improved as it went along. But the show only gets better after Season 1, so don't stop there. So much good stuff ahead for you!

#2055 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I see the one for the megaseeds tree, but do you make a smaller version for the posts? That would be awesome!

That would be really cool if someone did. At least the 2 at the right orbits...

#2176 4 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

I appreciate the fb updates, since I dont have an account. Good to see the new shop.

Same here, whenever someone updates here with whatever is on FB, that is great. I do not, nor will I ever have a FB page, so I also appreciate the info being passed on.

#2251 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The Cromulons asked me to "Show Me What You Got" from the mod couple. Here are some flipper tops, a Mega Tree cap, and a Cromulon.
I couldnt find the ideal spot to place the Cromulon. I decided I liked him better up in space so I put in front of the planet above the right ramp. He's still pretty bouncy up there as you nudge the game.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ok, I am liking the Comulon separated from the planets that he was made with. It just never looked right to me with the planet "body" and the 2 other planets on wires (the scale bothered me for the game). But where you have it placed is PERFECT!! Makes me want to order it that way with just the head. Can you show another picture of how you attached it there? I am still a long way from my game, but acquiring the mods I want now and storing them away.

2 weeks later
#2635 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Spooky opens doors on 5-20-20
Spooky shocks the pinball world again with Announcement of R&MS built and ready to ship up to #100!!

As someone who is not on Facebook, I am unable to tell if this is wishful thinking or relaying information posted somewhere else... Are there any facts behind this?

2 weeks later
#2854 3 years ago

The addition of human music was cracking me up too. And Whirly Dirly is a screamfest now.

#2914 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Finally started watching the show and finished first episode . Is it norm to have a feeling like I’m about to have a seizure ?

Don't base your experience of the show on the first episode. Give it 3 or 4 to really settle in. Also, after the first episode, watch the hidden scene after the credits. Only first show didn't have it.

#2926 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I didn’t even know that was an option to begin with. Spooky offers that option? Pretty awesome!

It's not an option, but an accommodation. You can arrange to have Spooky ship your playfield to Kruzman and then pay Ron for his work. Ron ships it back and Spooky installs it for you. But my understanding is it is something that needs to be worked out in advance so your playfield is back in Spooky hands when your machine hits the line. That's how it was explained to me anyway... It's not something Spooky really offers, but they will work with buyers if that's something they ask to have done.

#2982 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Does anyone have any feedback on the Pinnovators headphone/volume kit? My game should be coming
Soon and I'm trying to decide if I should order it right away. Thanks!

I have in on my ACNC and love it. Even if you don't use headphones, it also gives you volume control right on the outside of door. I have to use headphones occasionally due to where my games are and studying college students, so it was a must buy for me. I will be getting it for my R&M as well.

#2984 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks! I've gotten the volume control on Stern games and love them, but with the more complex installation and higher price, I just wanted to make sure it was worth the effort. My kids' bedrooms aren't far from the gameroom so it would be nice to be able to play after they go to bed and with adult mode fully on!

Its really not difficult to install. Instructions are spot on. I think it took about 10 mins and that was taking my time.

#3154 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Hey all, never had a Spooky, multimorphic pin so have never heard the issue with power supply fan volume/problem or maybe it's not one at all for home environment.
Is it worth spending the $17 for a quieter fan for the power supply. Thx in advance.

It was one of the best things I did with my ACNC. It went from aircraft takeoff to silent. Pinmonk sells a very easy install kit for Spooky... Scroll down:

https://www.pinmonk.com/cms/index.php/pinballaccessories

1 week later
#3396 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

The sound on this game is incredible. So much so that it seems to rattle the entire game, any advice on how to lessen the vibrations from the sub besides just turning down the volume?

Put anti-rattle tape on the edges of the glass. That is how it was done for TNA and ACNC with the great sound system.

https://pinballpro.net/shop/anti-rattle-tape-ar-1/

#3421 3 years ago

Damn, I don't see #544 there...

#3580 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've seen both in person and think you'd be happy either way but I went black with DBV. Not only is it cheaper, but it matches all my Stern coin doors. If you get the Pinnovators kit it will be easier to do with black vs. having to get the volume plate powdercoated purple.
[quoted image]

You actually can send your DBV cover to Pinovators and they will install their kit on your powdercosted cover for you. So either way works.

#3674 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I’m looking to switch the captive ball behind the flobble crank to something more noticeable.
Maybe even trimming away some plastic to expose it. Anyone have any suggestions on ball replacements?

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-glo-balls?variant=1300538840

Or

http://modmypin.com/

There are some colorful options out there.

1 week later
#4050 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I love SPOOKY as much as the next guy but this sort of thing always annoys me. To excuse issues on these machines because "everyone else also has issues with their machines" isn't the best way to improve matters in the longer term. If we were talking about cars, you're paying $10k for a car and you bring it home and you need to fix this/that yourself, not sure people would say "That's just the way it goes". We know that pinball machines are a "complex mess of electronics and shit" but so are a MILLION other consumer products out there. Stern keeps using shitty coil stops which break on every other machine, yet many people just say "Just replace them yourself, it takes 5 mins". It's not MY DUTY to change the coil stops and if you keep doing it yourself instead of insisting that STERN make changes....guess what, they will never make changes!
SPOOKY is far and beyond an amazing customer service company, so this is NOT directed at them as they seem to continue to make adjustments as they go and more importantly, they listen to their customers and even interact with them! (all very good) But that doesn't mean we shouldn't have the right to post issues with their machines in this thread, nor to bitch about such issues from time to time. Again, if we don't, than you are ENABLING these companies to keep doing things the way they're doing things and nothing will ever improve.

I don't think anyone has any problem with people posting the issues they are having. The fact is that Spooky listens and ends up fixing them for future builds. What most people are having problems with is when people post in a certain tone, like this:

Quoted from hawkmoon:

SPOOKY,Will you please have these small things fixed!!!I have had it with buying a new pin and have to do modifications just to get the pin to play correctly!! Now pay attention here SPOOKY,these are the reasons we are going with SPOOKY,now,because Stern can't put out a pin that works from the factory! AP blew it with "Houdini" and "Willy Wonka" was not that good either!! Thanks!!

There are different ways to respond to issues. When you are dealing with a company that doesn't respond, then ramp it up some to try and get some help. But when you are dealing with a company who is forever present here and acts quickly to resolve issues, there is no need to come across like a d-bag. That is when you get the "fix it yourself' replies...

1 week later
#4201 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Obviously this needs some work, but it looks like the Mondo toys will do nicely as a replacement/upgrade for the Rick and Morty topper plastic. Need to find some other pieces to cover the metal bracket and get the bases attached better, but I like the general look so far.
[quoted image]

Curious to see what you come up with and where you source your solution. I am a year out on my game (#544) but have been collecting the mods I want and my Mondo figures are on backorder for this very purpose. Looks great so far!!

#4273 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Anyone put mirror blades in one yet? Did a search but didn’t see any answers to it yet. Kinda wanna show off the light show a little more. Haven’t found game specific ones.
Also best brand for quieting the fan down. Looks like a few companies sell quiet kits. By far the loudest in my arcade.

I got the fan that Pinmonk sells and installed it in my ACNC. The difference was HUGE. Game went from loudest to silent. I will be putting the same one in R&M when it comes.

https://www.pinmonk.com/cms/index.php/pinballaccessories

3rd fan down...

#4361 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Spooky Combo
[quoted image]

Looking forward to having this exact same combo sometime next summer (#544).

1 week later
#4543 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Finished my topper. Flashers on the death crystals that flash when the portal is active. Custom plastic for the pink hill to replace the stock hill that had Rick and Morty on it. I may step down the spotlights to a bit less bright of an LED. Overall happy with the result.
[quoted image]

Looks great!! Where did you source the death crystals?

#4650 3 years ago

Did you guys hear about Spencer Grammar getting her arm slashed? KEEP SUMMER SAFE!!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/spencer-grammer-recovering-slashing-attack-222525772.html

1 week later
#4811 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Do you have a pic or a better description of how to do this? Do the zip ties stay in place when you remove the glass? Thanks

Or you can use anti-rattle tape on the edges of your glass for a permanent solution which is what many TNA and ACNC owners have done. This way you don't have pieces of zip ties falling into your game when you take the glass off...

2 weeks later
#5171 3 years ago

I was thinking there was a story there with how Scott signed it... Obviously it was not a marker.

#5290 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Follow-up on this as I decide whether to move forward with design and production. I'm looking about ~$500 at least up front costs into this fix plus variable cost of material and time going forward. I figure my breakeven will be selling about 100 units at $30. I see pinball life has the replacement plastic available for $2. The fix I'm coming up with would be a 1 time fix and it would never break again.
So would all the owners rather just keep replacing the plastic with the Pinball life replacement? Or would everyone be willing to spend $30 for a lifetime fix?

I would be in if in fact Spooky does not fix this, but with their track record, I am sure they will. But, depending on how it looks, etc.. I would be in for one probably as a permanent fix if it cosmetically goes with the game.

And with all the breaking protectors, it would appear that the large piece that keeps breaking off should be secured somehow on that end. I am guessing that there was no way to secure that with where it sits? I may pass on the protector set at this point when my build comes up and go with an aftermarket set that someone makes in a sturdier material.

#5318 3 years ago
Quoted from Sixxin:

Anyone try the Tilt Graphics gameblades? Looks much more colorful than the factory ones.... https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/rick-morty-gameblades .

I would love to see some pics of these installed. Almost as simple as the Spooky versions with a bit more color.

1 week later
#5500 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wubba lubba dub dub!!! 162 is in the house!
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11GDZLe8GTB5yF
I took a few live photos and a 4k walkaround video to try and show off the butter - it really is stunning in person. ZERO regrets on that.
The sound system in this game is the best I've heard in a pin - awesome bass. Unfortunately this translates into massive, and I mean MASSIVE glass rattle.
I'm about to try padding it with some fuzzy velcro - anyone else run into this and have words of wisdom?

It was needed on ACNC and TNA as well. Spooky kills it with the audio.

#5623 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This one is hilarious.

Is it possible to have several that come up randomly? Because the trash truck one and the one with Rick holding on to the round sex robot are both winners for sure. And I'm sure there are a few other great options.

1 week later
#5849 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

While swapping out the broken spring plastic, I decided to change the color of the ship spring base to transparent green. Better? Worse? Try a different color?
[quoted image]

Just my $.02 so take it for what it's worth. But I think changing the color makes it more of a focal point where as with the white, it just gets lost as part of the game, which is what I think was intended. The base is not something you really want to see for the "illusion" that the ship is flying. But I appreciate the effort, and if you like it, keep it!! Just not something that I would personally do.

#5879 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Well....i went back to the drawing board. I really didn't like the original or my reprint in translucent green. So. I tried to make a death crystal version. Any better?
[quoted image]

Now you are on to something. Looks good!

#5891 3 years ago

It looks good there without the house, but curious to see how it looks (and what it blocks) with the house installed. I think its a great plan and look, but really want to see it with the complete game. Good job!

1 week later
#6091 3 years ago
Quoted from sofgwhat:

#281 options emailed today, scheduled to hit floor on the 15th, then 2-3 weeks to ship!

Nice, looks like they broke the halfway mark to mine!! #544 sometime in 2021!

2 weeks later
3 weeks later
#7518 3 years ago

I am hoping when #544 arrives, I don't have the same issue with the Whirly Dirly mod. I do not want to see the "Funko face" on Rick and would prefer to have mine installed the other way. Love the mod, hate the stupid Funko eyes.

#7524 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The legs are bowed inward ever so slightly, no amount of metal spacers at the corner of the cabinet will make the legs not point in at the edges. It’s just not possible the legs are defective. I put big plastic spacers on but the legs are digging in to the spacers it’s just a fact a square cabinet will not work with inward bowed legs. I have not checked under my plastic spacers but they are pressing at the edges hopefully not enough to damage the decal. [quoted image]

Doubling up on the metal spacers will not make the legs stop pointing inward, but they will keep them far enough away from the cabinet that they will not touch. Putting the larger plastic spacers on will only cause the plastic to dig into the cabinet instead of the leg. Double up the thinner metal ones or get the thick ones that Mantis makes and you should be good. Personally, if the issue is not resolved by the time mine is ordered, I will be putting the Mantis protector over the stock Spooky one. That will keep the leg away from the cabinet for sure.

https://mantispinball.com/product/misc-leg-protector-hidden/

2 weeks later
#8108 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I'm also wondering why all these bugs are still there as we are already half way through the builds??? No QC???

Do you just troll this thread looking for a chance to repeat any negative comment made? Do you even own the game?
Your schtick grew old a long time ago...

1 week later
#8705 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

So much fun to play... and put mods on too.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have the exact same Rick figure for my Whirly Dirly mod and planned to swap him in. I am still waiting for #544 though so all my mods are sitting in a box. Looks great and glad to see what I planned will work!! I can't stand the Funko eyes on the Rick figure that was used for the mod.

2 weeks later
#9374 3 years ago
IMG9502411_0.jpgIMG9502411_0.jpg
1 week later
#9694 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Using the flippers on this game makes my room lights flicker more than any other game ever has.
Enough so that I would like to be able to do something about it. It's really distracting. Plus I have to think it's making coils weaker during multiballs, etc, dragging down the line voltage.
I have a big 'ol Best UPS that I could use, just needs a new battery, bet that'd smooth things out.
But that would be a hundred pound bandaid. Maybe a big capacitor on the game's high voltage line?
But maybe it's partly my cheap LED floodlights, they do weird things like glow dimly when the circuit is supposed to be off (on dimmer circuits), so maybe they're sensitive so slight variations in line voltage too. I just never had a problem with it before getting R&M...
Any ideas, opinions or similar complaints?

Yeah, its definitely due to the outlet you have it plugged into is on the same circuit at your lights. In a previous house, every time we flipped WOZ, the bathroom lights would flicker which was on the other side of that wall. Could have caused some seizures if someone was in the bathroom during multiball. Ends up that the bathroom lights were tied into that outlet circuit.

In this house, I made sure all of the outlets in my gaming area on on their own circuit. Unfortunately, I didn't pay that much attention during our kitchen remodel and now whenever the microwave turns on, the pendulant lights over the island dim. They tied those 2 circuits together unfortunately. At least when the microwave is revved up, I no longer piss my pants and forget who I am for a half hour or so... (I know its after Christmas, but the microwave made me think of that movie quote).

#9774 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Quick review for those interested...
The hooked on pinball lighted rail kit and pinball life RaM hinges.
I was a bit skeptical on the hinges I liked them but also felt bad taking off the spooky logo from the hinge / machine. They looked good but look a lot better lit up... like Rick himself I suppose.
The portal light is nice as well and really sticks out when your in a dim room or without the overhead lights up.
Install - install was easy. Really just a screw driver and some clear tape and 1 socket to swap the hinges if you do that as well.
Overall I am happy with it. And looks good with the bright button upgrade as well.
On suggestion would make is that I would like to have ability to have it fade I and out. Something simple set it and forget it like the bright buttons use... that would really make it pop and stand out.
Right not they are just on or off with the button.
If anyone know how to make that happen (fade in and out) let me knownthat would look bad ass[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the review. I bought the same kit which is now in my box of R&M mods for when my game arrives. Glad to see the install with the bright flipper buttons (which I also have). Just curious what you did on the other side with your magna save button and how that side looks?

EDIT: Ah, I can see in the photo with your playfield up that you went green on that button too. Can you post a pic from the right side so I can see the overall look with 2 green buttons and the glowing portal? Thanks again!

#9782 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

does spooky plan on releasing a manual?
Hell no!! Spooky does,nt print manuals !!!

Didn't you back out of your purchase after all the negative comments you love to post? If that's the case, why are you still in the owners thread spewing your negative bullshit? Go hate on Spooky somewhere else. No one here wants to listen to your drivel.

#9818 3 years ago

I wanted the BSE for the color scheme etc.. but was not ready for the game (and still am not... lol) so I requested the highest possible BSE number from my distributor. Looks like my time is coming soon so I need to figure out how to deal with 5 pins with room for 4. Ugh.. I really do not want to get rid of one and I think ACNC might be on the chopping block as much as I love that game, unless I can clear out enough of the garage to house ACNC in there.

#9860 3 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Just paid invoice #484. How long to build and receive game after getting invoiced?

Woot!! Only 60 away from mine! It will be here sooner than I know it!

#9965 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Question for people with other Spooky titles: Is the flipper knock down a problem on other Spooky games?

This isn't an issue with ACNC

#9976 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Does ACNC have a scoop that fires directly at the flippers?

There is a scoop on the left side that fires at the right flipper. The launch orbit comes around pretty fast and hits the left flipper as well. Probably not the same velocity but have never had the flippers on ACNC get knocked back either way.

#10003 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

To be the voice of...well the opposite, I can't imagine that actually looks good? Needs some paint or artwork on it. Too much of it shows to be just a big chunk of metal. I suppose maybe the crystal mod in front might cover it up some?
That being said, it does seem it might be necessary.

At least in my case, I am thinking the crystal mod should cover most of it. Not sure how it would look for those that do not have the crystal mod, but I'm sure there will be cosmetic solutions that people will come up with.

#10145 3 years ago
Quoted from macethetemplar:

To everyone having issues with the update USB....
The issue is not with the USB stick (unless it is inoperable) it is with the way it is formatted. They need to be formatted to FAT32 and that is no easy task if you do not understand disk formatting. FAT32 was never meant for large amounts of storage and is a very old format. The easiest solution is to use a program called guiformat on a windows computer. If you have an apple it's going to be easier to find someone with a windows you can use. Although this is very simple to some of us make sure you read the instructions a few times to understand the process before attempting.
---
Feel like I need to say this... IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS DO NOT TRY IT, you could end up erasing your computer or external drives. Again I am saying attempt this at your own risk.
---
1 - Find a USB drive with at least 8gb, the updates are getting bigger and you will probably need at least that down the road (You can also use a microsd card with a usb adapter, technically the same thing to a computer)
2 - Copy and paste the Download Link to your web browser >> (http://krikzz.com/pub/support/everdrive-gba/tools/guiformat-x64.Exe)<<
3 - Do not plug in the USB yet. If you did just eject it for now.
4 - Start up guiformat and write down the list of active drives you see in the drop down. C: E: etc... These are the important ones you DO NOT want to erase (When you plug in the USB a new drive will be recognized and added to the list and that will be the one you select)
5 - Close the program guiformat (It will need reopened to recognize the USB device once you plug it in)
6 - Plug in the device you want to format (Windows needs a few moments to recognize the drive) (Remember what you plugged in will be ERASED)
7 - Start up guiformat again and select the USB device (THIS IS THE DANGEROUS STEP) You should now see and know without a doubt the new drive in the drop down menu is the USB you just plugged in, If you have any doubt see step 3.
8 - Leave the block size at its default, no reason to change it. Go ahead and start the format. There will be some text zipping by that shouldnt take long, you are looking for the line the says DONE.
9 - Drive should now be formatted to FAT32, go ahead and copy the update to it and continue with the manufacturer/programmer instructions. Make sure you are using the BLUE USB port in the machine.
10 - Keep the usb in or near the machine for reuse so you never have to do this again

While this is very helpful to those that do not understand FAT32 formatting, it needs to be said that some of the problems CAN be the USB drive as stated before. I have used several FAT32 formatted drives that my ACNC will not recognize or has problems installing from. I found a USB that works with that pin every time and that is now the one that I use for updates on that machine. I had a similar issue with WOZ.

Having the drive formatted properly is an important step, but just because it is FAT32 does not guarantee that it will work. You just have to find the USB that your pin will like. Hopefully you get lucky on your first try.

#10224 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

It was only a matter of time before this bare board got in the way of gravity or stupidity.
Gonna mess with the text a bit more and I have a translucent filament to use next time. Anyone else want to keep the sparky bits covered?
[quoted image]

I don't have my game yet for reference. What board is under there and where is that located? Trying to assess the need. I know you said you were going to tweak the design, but as is, it is very hard to read with minimal contrast.

#10248 3 years ago

For those keeping track (I know I was!!), I just submitted my options list for #544 to Joe at PinballStar. Everything except the butter cab and the coin box. Butter would be nice, but with my setup, its wasted as you cannot see the sides of the cabs.

On a side note, I am Joe's very last BSE. So every PinballStar order after mine is a standard.

#10268 3 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

URL Link?
I see the Pinside business listing, but no market ads. Do I need to contact them directly?

Send a PM to Sonic directly.

#10306 3 years ago

Invoiced today for #544 and paying in full with a projected build and ship in February.

Everything but butter and coin box.

#10311 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The DJI Mavic Pro nothing else. Love ours, simple to fly, folds up in seconds, Crazy range. Best I have ever used and the camera is amazing.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I second this for a regular drone, but he was asking for a racing drone. I have the Mavic Mini which is awesome for the lower price point. Not sure anything in the Mavic line qualifies as a racing drone though. Awesome for photography, filming, and fun though!

#10347 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

I think it looks pretty good. Somebody could probably make a sticker for the top of the mount to help it blend in

My thoughts exactly. Someone could probably take the exact same art it covers and make a fitted sticker. Cosmetic problem solved, and potential breakage problem solved. That would be a win win.

#10502 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

For those that bought the Tibetan Breeze Cooling Kit, does that just run all the time while the game is on? or does it have a sensor to only turn on when coils get warm?

It is on the entire time the game is powered on (I have them on ACNC). But they are silent and have a long life expectancy.

#10516 3 years ago

I had a similar situation I want to complain about! One of my ACNC wireforms broke recently after having the game over a year. I emailed them a photo and asked them if they had anymore in stock so I could buy one. If not, I was going to weld it myself (but would have to remove powdercoating with no way to replicate it exactly). Instead of selling me a new one, they want me to send it back to them and they will make the repair and powdercoat it for free! What is this world coming to when you can't even spend money anymore?!?!

#10533 3 years ago

I have the speaker lights on my ACNC and will be getting them on R&M as well. They reflect some, especially in photos, but are not noticible during play. That said, I got a bent plastic from Pinball Life and no more reflection...

https://www.pinballlife.com/bent-plastic.html

#10589 3 years ago
Quoted from USMCSGT0331:

Those blades were also a gift, so no idea where to get them. I've tried searching, but nothing has come up.

I remember seeing those art blades posted somewhere a while back but never saw them installed. I actually really like them and now cannot figure out where I saw them available.

I remember contemplating the purchase when I first saw them but held off until I could see them in a machine. And now, I can't seem to find them in a search of the regular places...

#10636 3 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Yeah, I had it in my cart and went to check out... removed from cart. I have no complaints about it not being included from factory, I saw the machine as proposed and purchased - this is a modification I thought was a fair price and value added. Oh well.

Luckily I bought mine last week when they were available. I don't have my game yet, but know this is something I wanted to fix out the gate.

#10670 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

How much was it for 4 switches?

MRS are not cheap, but they are a 1 time fix on most games. Right around $35 each I think,

#10748 3 years ago

And this is why Spooky is the best pinball company around. You guys may take some missteps along the way, but you OWN them and work to fix them. There are people venting here obviously, but the way you guys respond to those vents, and your proactive approach to making things better put you at the top of the class.

#10924 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Mission successful. Finally.
[quoted image]

Man, that was a fast move to Florida!!

#10973 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:Not the point. The point is R&D...innovation. Obviously, different industries, but pinball has been around FOREVER and use to PUSH technology. Now, it's pathetic how we have a hodgepodge of mechs/electronics that don't work as good as the WMS products did 30 years ago. That's my point. Apple is always iterating and improving. Pinball is just focused on slapping stuff together from days gone by. I understand research can be expensive, but slapping half-baked fans on our flippers is just pathetic...I'm sorry if that offends you or anyone else.

Uh oh, now you have crossed over into Deeproot territory. Deeproot holds all of the patents on innovation and no one else is allowed to go there. Now, if you want an actual pinball machine to play, then we know that non-innovation works. If you want innovation, then we can pretend to play pinball with all of the innovation that Deeproot has produced.

#10977 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Cute. I don't even know who Deeproot is. My point was simple, it's pathetic that flippers in a home use environment need fans to achieve full performance. A pin in a heavily traveled free play arcade is another story (where the game might be played continuously for 8 hours).

Oh my... I am sorry to lead you down this rabbit hole that opened up over 3 years ago now. But if you are into drama, hyperbole, comical missteps, and a situation that just keeps on giving, step on in... Warning, 321 pages and counting.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution

#10995 3 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Got it on ebay. Cheap doormat mod!
[quoted image]

I have the same mat for mine... Now I just need to get my game! It's paid in full and getting closer every day, I can feel it!

#11001 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I took delivery of #504 today. Opened the box for delivery inspection and was greeted by a Cromulon.
[quoted image]

40 more till mine!!

What is Spooky cranking out, about 15 a week now? I should be getting mine right around my birthday.

#11007 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Wow that escalated quickly from 504 to 517!!!

tenor (1).giftenor (1).gif
#11106 3 years ago

Just got the notice that game 544 is being shipped at end of this week, for those keeping track. Birthday is next Thursday, so might receive it right around that time. Can't wait!!

#11110 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Hey me too!
Happy birthday to us!!!
Hope you get your RM in time for the B-day!

Yes, happy birthday to us! And my daughter... which reminds me. I better figure out what to get her and get it in the mail! lol

#11121 3 years ago
Quoted from ForwardToThePast:

Grats! I'm #543 and have not received any notification, but I assume this is because of my butter cab.

Yeah, that's probably the case. Mine is the "I can't believe it's not butter" version.

#11133 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Just two? I'm so annoyed that if I don't clear 1mil before the first ball drains, i start over - open door, service, exit. I seriously hit a lot of nothing on this game.

Doesn't R&M have a restart function where you can just hold down the start button or something after the first ball? I don't have my game yet, but remember reading that Rick shames the hell out of you if you restart your game. It's got to be easier than opening the coin door, etc...

#11193 3 years ago

#11202 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I previously didn't think I needed these. After playing last night and paying closer attention....I need these.
Where do you order them?

Send a PM to Sonic

#11329 3 years ago

From what I heard, Terry stopped selling them because a bunch of people on Facebook were up in arms that they were for sale when they "should have been included in the new games". I'm not on Facebook so no first hand knowledge, but that's what I was told.

My guess is that once the R&M run is complete and no more new games are being built, they might reappear for sale. Just a guess but if Terry pulled them to squash the critisizm of Spooky, the argument that they SHOULD be included in their new games will have expired because there will be no more new games. At that point, it just becomes a mod which in reality, it has been all along.

Luckily, I bought one as soon as they were available before being pulled. Hopefully, they return for anyone that missed out.

#11361 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Does anyone know where I can grab 6v from in the backbox? I want to add a LED strip to the topper.

You are going to have trouble finding 6v I would think. I would just get some 12v LED strip lighting and use that, easy stuff. They sell it all day on Amazon for cheap and 12v is easily accessible in the game.

#11373 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

After trimming the plastics and moving the motor down, I can finally fit the topper in my game room. Also...added a few extras while I was modifying things.

Ok, that looks great! So I gotta ask... Are the 2 crystals on either side of the topper extra crystals from inside the game? And did you activate their lighting to coincide with the portal topper lighting?

Also, I noticed that your backlighting changes and matches the lighting on the speakers. Tell us about what you did there!

Again, great job!

#11386 3 years ago

They actually advertised it as a Mr Poopy Butthole mod in the original advertisement for the wireform.. lol. But yeah, it is designed to cover that hole.

#11388 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Those crystals are the same ones that are inside the game. I just purchased 2 extras from Spooky. I put a 4 inch white LED strip between the plastics and a blue fire LED behind each crystal to give them that twinkle effect. I also put a blue flasher behind each crystal and tied into the blue flasher by the family targets. The portal spins and flashes green as normal.
As for the backlighting of the game, it's super easy to do. I ordered a RGB LED strip from amazon. All you have to do is tie into the speaker light signal wires (red, green and blue) then the black +12v wire ties into the backbox light strip to provide the power. I do this on all my spooky games so they light up to match whatever color the speaker lights are.[quoted image]

I appreciate the info!! I also bought 2 extra crystals from Spooky as well and they are being shipped with my game. My intent was to replace the plastic cutouts of Rick and Morty with the 1 foot high detailed Mondo figures that I bought a while back. Anyway, the crystals are going to be used in front of them to block what will now be the exposed stand for the portal. I love the way the blue fire LEDs look and the blue flasher is great too!

As for the RGB strip that works with the speakers, I hope you don't mind me copying that. I have ACNC also and was planning on putting some rear and under lighting, but have not gotten around to it yet. This is how I am going to do it.

#11391 3 years ago

Wife called me from work and I just raced home. Day before my 51st, happy birthday to me. Shit just got real... I'll post more pics and an unboxing report later.

20210303_162026.jpg20210303_162026.jpg
#11396 3 years ago

Thanks for the birthday wishes... Quick update. #544 works great upon delivery. A few small tweaks will be needed here and there probably but 100% playable as is. Will probably be absent until bedtime tonight, because.... well, you know.20210303_163525.jpg20210303_163525.jpg20210303_180842.jpg20210303_180842.jpg16148259279306414583006885170104.jpg16148259279306414583006885170104.jpg20210303_180705.jpg20210303_180705.jpg

#11401 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Cheers to your new game and birthday and also cheers on there being another 51 year old that owns this game and, I assume, loves this theme and show.

Oh yeah.. Been a fan since season 1. My daughter turned me on to it after a few episodes and I never looked back. Cheers!

So quick report after putting about 10 or more 4 player games on it tonight.

Flippers need adjustment like most others. I am getting knock back on both and the upper right occasionally wouldn't fire. Did a quick leaf bend and fixed the upper, need to play with the EOS for the lowers.

The launch power needs to be dialed up a little. Usually takes about 3 launches to get it on to the playfield. Incline set at 6.5

The meeseeks target needs to be moved to the left a touch. Already got a ball stuck behind it and under plastic.

The Beth, Jerry, Summer targets need a little adjustment to get them to register more. Only register on very hard shots right now.

Most of the shots are very clean and while hard, are makeable. I don't think I need to do much adjusting there. The center scoop works well with very few rejects. No adjustment needed there either.

Only thing I noticed that I need to look into is the left scoop from the portal shot does not exit clean and occasionally will bounce around instead of feeding the left flipper. I had it go down the left drain several times and had it bounce out of the left lanes to the center playfield area as well. Not sure whats going on there as everything appears lined up well, but haven't really inspected it because we all just wanted to play.

Had a fricken blast playing it tonight and everyone wanted to play "just one more" after each game. Game works very well and just needs a little dialing in. Luckily everything I need to do for the most part has been well documented by everyone in this thread. So easy stuff to do and I hope to tackle them this weekend along with the mods I have been hoarding away. That is if I can stop playing long enough to work on it.

Awesome job Spooky!!

#11418 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Congrats! Btw, I didn't think "Peace Among Worlds" sticker was included on the coin door with the bill accepter panel?

I emailed Morgan prior to my game being built in order to buy 2 additional crystals. At that time I asked for the team to sign my backbox and asked if I could get the sticker with my game. They sent one with the game and I put it on myself.

#11451 3 years ago
Quoted from jguzik420:

Did the update, is anyone else's giant heads not saying disqualified when you don't get get schwifty? Did I miss a post about it somewhere? Thanks
This was happening before the update and still now after..

I have not done the update yet, but my Comulon says Disqualified when I do not complete the adventure. I am running the update that came with my game (delivered 2 days ago). I believe it was a December update.

#11577 3 years ago

For those who haven't seen these yet and might be interested, garretswinning makes custom light up drink holders and made a Vat of Acid version for R&M. They take a little while to get, but get on his list and you will get one eventually...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-mutagen-cup-holder/page/3#post-6174634

#11587 3 years ago
Quoted from Colywobbles:

Made a Simple and cheap Mod by extending one of my own protectors to accommodate a funky mystery mini noob noob.
Apology’s if this has already been done. [quoted image]

Looks great! I have the same figure but just stuck him on the existing plastic. Yours looks much better!

#11620 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I can promise everyone that I have absolutely zero issues hitting the left ramp (with a clean shot) every single time, and my flipper power is, and has always been at, the default of 30.
Doesn't mean I make the left ramp every time, because I definitely don't. It's a somewhat difficult shot for a ramp because it's near the end of the flipper. But a lack of power is definitely not an issue. My pitch is 6.9

Mine works great out of the box too. I haven't touched my flipper power and as long as I make a clean shot, all the shots go. Except there is an issue with the switch on the right orbit stopping the ball occasionally. But I have an MRS coming that will fix that. Adjustments have been futile.

#11624 3 years ago

New issue just started and I am not sure what to adjust to get rid of it. Maybe someone here has seen it and can give some advice.. My drop targets will no longer drop if there is a ball behind them. It started with the right drop target occasionally, but now it is the left drop target and the right usually drops. Basically, when multiball starts, it only released the right and the center scoop, while the left drop target stays up and flickers, but will not drop.

I have tested the drop targets in the service menu and they work fine with no ball behind them. But when I put a ball behind the left, it clicks as it attempts to drop, but will not drop. And occasionally I get 2 balls on one side and then no matter which side that is, there is too much weight to drop that target. If I wait for the ball search to kick in and if I jostle the machine during the ball search, I can usually get it to free up, but then I have found that there is only 1 ball search? After the first ball search, the game just sits and does not activate a second search.

Anyway, I vaguely recall something like this being addressed in the past? But I searched the thread for drop target and did not see anything and there is nothing in the Spooky YouTube videos addressing it either.

Thanks!

#11631 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

My left drop target did this. I lifted the playfield and checked it out and compared it to my still working right drop target. If you look at the drop target assemblies you'll see a little coil that pulls in a small metal finger that contacts the drop target in order to knock the drop target down. On my left drop target, this finger would often miss contacting the drop target, and it would sail right through the very top of the central slot in the drop target. Meanwhile, the finger on working right drop target would make contact with the drop target every time, just above that central slot. I just bent the little metal finger up slightly on the left side, until it made consistent contact with the drop target just a hair above the central slot, and that solved the issue with mine.
Note that if you lift the drop target all the way up off its support ledge, by fully extending it, I think you want that little finger to be able to go clear through the top of the central slot, so don't bend the little metal finger too far up.
I hope that's not too confusing.

Thanks, I will look at this tonight when I get home from work and see if this helps. Its a little confusing reading just the words but I'm sure it will make perfect sense when I'm looking at the drops.

#11642 3 years ago
Quoted from jguzik420:

This just happened during 2nd stage of scary Terry and a multiball start, game froze when I hit a ball in the scoop. TV and everything..
Not sure if for the second hour, but it just stopped, leaving the ball in the scoop..Couldn't hit the buttons in the menu. Turned off the game and back on, shot the ball outta the scoop. And got right back into it. Anyone else experience this? First time I have. First time the game froze after 600some odd games..
Edit: possibly started a meeseeks mania as well. I do remember hearing boxes open I believe..
[quoted image]

I had it happen once during a multi ball. Reset game and back to normal.

#11673 3 years ago

Quick question before I update tonight. Does updating R&M wipe out old scores and audit information? I know it does on ACNC, but with Eric being a different programmer, I am hoping the updates are implemented differently. If it does, is there a way to back it all up and restore them after the update?

Thanks in advance...

#11693 3 years ago

So I collected a bunch of mods and figures while I waited for my game. Spent some time populating the play field with what I decided to use. This game begs for character placement. Anyway, not everyone's cup of tea but I'm happy with how it came out...

20210311_085343 (resized).jpg20210311_085343 (resized).jpg20210311_085427 (resized).jpg20210311_085427 (resized).jpg20210311_085434 (resized).jpg20210311_085434 (resized).jpg20210311_085440 (resized).jpg20210311_085440 (resized).jpg20210311_085447 (resized).jpg20210311_085447 (resized).jpg20210311_085455 (resized).jpg20210311_085455 (resized).jpg
#11704 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Overall not bad. Way more stuff that looks right at home than clearly bad.
Things not right, IMO:
The three over the targets on the left are too different stylistically and scale-wise and don't really work. Morty isn't the right style, but kind of works by the pop bumper, so I'd leave that. Scary Terry is awesome, but the scale is way wrong, and it's super obvious next to the house so it looks bad. And Pickle Rick is also kind of out of scale, but if you put him laying on his side kind of peeking out it should look good.

Thanks for the feedback. In regards to the Jerry, Summer, Beth, (and Morty) figures up close, there really are no other options right now if you want all 3 over the targets and the scale doesn't look too bad with all the closer figures being bigger and the further ones being smaller. I am not a huge fan of the style of the faces, but I like them for now until something better comes along. I added to the perspective view by using larger Meeseeks up close and smaller ones to the back.

The Pickle Rick is big, but I rarely notice him where he is and when I do, it brings a smile, so he gets a pass. Plus, with him standing up, he mostly blocks the exposed wire loom in that area.

And finally Scary Terry. He is the only smaller option I could find and just looks great. I toyed with other placement and nothing looked right. I know the scale is out of whack where I put him, but the location and lighting there with his sword hands over the ramp just looks too good. I justified the scale in my head because he lives in a dream world and can do what he wants. Freddy did some crazy things with his size back in the day, so figured Terry could do the same.

#11809 3 years ago
Quoted from Wake2wood:

Have tried to download the package 3 times. It always stops at 2.86 GB. I opened a Dropbox account and it gives me a 2 GB limit. Are you guys paying for a bigger limit to download this 3.26 GB file? I am 2 days into this attempt and my pinball won't work now till I figure this out. Beyond frustrated!

I downloaded straight to my computer. I don't have a dropbox account, its not needed.

#11866 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Someone give this guy a Medal or a Certificate of Accomplishment, already.

He is a better human than the rest of us.

#11942 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

You need a young priest and an old priest...

Fricken beer out my nose... Awesome job!

1 week later
#12068 3 years ago

Its just a wood screw that holds down the launch wireform to the side rail.

#12123 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I am getting a pretty consistent dose of random multiballs on the new code. Usually when I have one ball locked...
Is that a common thing?

I had the exact same thing tonight. 1 ball locked and random multi ball from an extra ball launched in the trough. Newest code...

#12154 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Last night I was padding the 'Chief Ball Fondler' score. Always put my buddy's initials in for that one and I like to keep it artificially high...it is good for a laugh whenever friends are over.
Anyway, I got several while playing for that. Perhaps that was what was triggering it?

Not kidding here, that was EXACTLY what I was doing too (except was going to put the wife's name in). But I was probably somewhere around 8 or 9 fondles when Morty suddenly yelled "Oh yeah" and then a second ball was launched. Nothing on the screen to indicate any type of multiball.

#12165 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I was having an issue similar to this a few weeks after I got my game. Turned out an opto connector was loose under the pf.

Interesting. I really didn't think anything of it as it was the first and only time that has ever happened in my game. I figured it was just a fluke, until I saw Guitarded's post. Ill take a look and see if I have anything coming loose.

#12213 3 years ago

I just installed magnet switches at the spinner and outer top right orbit spots. HOLY SHIT the spinner loop is fast now.
No awkward switch clip sound on my by either spot.

Wait, an MRS can be used for the spinner?!?!?

Like others here, I had balls that would miss switches and affect gameplay. I replaced all 4 of the upper rollovers with the MRS switches and they register 100% now. Had a questionable subway switch on my ACNC and an MRS fixed that problem too.

If they weren't so pricey, I would replace every switch in every game with them if I could. That's how nice they are, but that's unrealistic.

#12216 3 years ago

No sorry, my bad communication.... the switch on the PF 2” past the spinner

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, its much smoother with all 4 physical switches replaced.

#12249 3 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Cool. Does Spooky normally sign the back of the back box?

No, but they will if you request it...

20210303_180842 (resized).jpg20210303_180842 (resized).jpg

#12252 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

What angle is the game at with all the levelers screwed all the way in so that the back and front are as low as it gets? Is it in the manual?
New Sterns and Data East are/were at 6.5 with levelers all screwed in, right?
Are the leg holes in the cabinet in the same position as Stern games?
Not at home to check. Just wondering out loud.

I am not sure what the default level is as described but I know its not 6.5 because I am at 6.5 with my fronts as low as they go and my backs are up some. I need to redo mine as the game sits a bit too low for some of my taller friends, but plan to keep it at 6.5 regardless.

1 week later
#12328 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I would have gotten that done in a heart beat. Does it require a butter cab?

Nope, just a request ahead of time.

#12351 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Has anyone hit all the lit shots in moonmen mode yet? It seems like they go solid once you hit them

I did it once, they went solid when I hit them and once I hit all 5, they started flashing again so it looks like you can rinse and repeat. But once I hit that 5th shot, my time was pretty much up and I did not get a chance to repeat a shot. I think I ended up with about 4.5 million for the adventure with hitting all 5 shots.

#12352 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If you complete a full set of orbs you get big points - but the mode does not end early. It sets all the orbs back to available.

Ah, saw this after I responded. This is what I figured based on what I saw.

#12357 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Just got my game last week. Just wanted to say it's one of the most fun codes I've ever played. Fantastic work dude!
Any plans to put requirements of each mode on the screen? I find I'm in a mode and have no idea what needs to be done, or what remains.
Also, any plans for a wizard mode (aside from Rick Potion #9)?
Again, great work!

You mean a rule screen when the game is not being played? Because while you are in an adventure, it does tell you what to shoot for on the screen. Of course, with eyes glued to the playfield as most are, players rarely see it. Bystanders usually have to read it out to the player until the rules are understood. But if you can trap the ball, look up for the blue word bubble on the lower left I believe... Just from memory, as I am at work. But that's where I remember seeing what to shoot for when others are playing, other than the blinking lit shots of course.

#12481 3 years ago

Just to comment on the flipper stuff, when I first got my game, I had some knockdown. I adjusted my EOS as recommended and everything worked like a charm. The new code has not negatively affected my flippers at all and they kept working great.

However, last night there was one weird anomaly that I have not seen or experienced before. Not sure of the exact stack, but it was during Gromflomite multiball. My wife was playing and suddenly, all flippers went dead for about 3 seconds and then came back on. Of course, she accused me of hitting the sabotage button to ruin her game, but I get that even when she gets a ball stuck. I was watching as I was player 2 and it definitely happened. No clue why.

A few games later while I was up, all of the voice sounds stopped. Music and effects were still in full effect, but the voice track stopped playing. This continued for my wife's turns and the rest of mine as well. Finished the game and did a reset, and all was good as usual.

Anyway, to pile on to what a great job the entire team did with this game, here is what happened in my household. My wife loves pinball (WOZ is her baby), but was dreading the arrival of Rick and Morty. Reason why is that she could not stand the voices as Morty is always stressed out and screaming. She never really watched the show but would hear the voices when I did and when her daughters would watch. She made it known that she was dreading its arrival and that it may have to go in the garage or be a full time headphone game if it was the nails on chalkboard that she thought it was going to be.

The game arrives and she starts playing it to "give it a shot". She absolutely fell in love with the game. The humor, the shots, the layout, the lightshow, the music, and now doesn't mind the voices. She has said she thought she was going to hate it, but it is now her second favorite game behind WOZ and we pretty much play several games every night. We have had the game just over a month and already have over 1500 plays on it (2 adult daughters and boyfriends in the house as well). She has started watching R&M as well and is now in season 4.

There was no way I would have thought she would have liked the game, especially with her preconceived notions, but the whole package drew her in and won her over. She is now a big fan. That is a testament to how great this game really is.

#12483 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I still haven't figured out exactly where this goes off the rails. There are so many checks at ball end/ball start to make sure audio is back on, the fact that it persists has be baffled. If anybody manages to come up with a way to force the issue I'd love to hear it; because of course it shouldn't be doing that.
The flippers dying thing is an odd one, if all the LEDs didn't also stop. I can't think of any code related reason they'd briefly stop working without the whole system being unresponsive.

Its not the first time I have lost voices, but in 1500+ games, it has only happened a few times and I cannot pin down exactly what was happening when it occurred. It is a tough one because when this has happened, they did not stop mid sentence. It always seems to be working and finish whatever was going on that moment and then does not work for the next segment and beyond. By the time you actually notice there are no call outs or narrative, you might be several segments away from when it started. It is not usually obvious until you hit a video scene where you are expecting the words.

When the flippers stopped, everything else was still working (sound, lights, etc...) there was just no flipper power for a few seconds on either flipper. Almost like a tilt, but without the accompanying sound/graphics. And just as her balls were draining, they powered back up... lol. You should have seen the look she threw me. Anyone that is married knows it is always the husband's fault.

#12486 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Spooky considers this part of the game. I hope they reconsider because their multi-balls are the shortest of any game I've ever owned and considering everyone considers the game "really hard", why make it that much harder? (and please don't say "play better"). Most pins give you back the balls that drain while the "ball save" is still on, but Spooky has placed a "limit" on the number of balls that can be saved. Maybe allow the option for some to change this in the SETTINGS? I like the game but it's been so hard to adjust stuff on it (still adjusting, even though I got the game almost 4-5 months ago) and with games lasting 2-3 mins sometimes, it would be nice to consider an option for those players who are looking to have more longer playtimes in the MBs.

I have had some great multiball sessions, some miserable ones that have lasted 10-20 seconds, and many frustrating ones that are less than a minute. I find all of this part of the fun and charm of R&M and would hope that they do not change it. I actually really appreciate the challenge that the game currently is and the feeling of reward when I have a great multiball, ball, or game for that matter. Other than adjusting some shots to make them cleaner, I see no need to make this game any easier as it is a homerun as is. I suppose if someone had this as their only pin, they might crave some longer ball times. But if I wanted less of a challenge and a marathon game, I can hop on over to Scared Stiff. I say leave the genius that is R&M and Eric's coding alone except to add more goodness. What is in there is already near perfect.

#12501 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I think you're describing what a lot of Pinsiders and tournament players enjoy about the game but there's another side which I'm trying to represent here and those are casual pinball players who just play to have fun, and aren't really looking to be challenged or to improve their skills. I think most people on Pinside would likely agree with you but not everyone who purchased this game is on Pinside, in fact, this game in particular brought out a lot of people who just liked the theme and wanted to own the game from the outside. I know that whenever friends come over, they will play it for 1-2 games but then move on to something else because it's just too hard. Even top players say the same thing, so there's truth there. Why make it more difficult by making the MB more limited than most other pins?? It's important to keep a game challenging for top players but it's almost important to remember that a lot of people just wanna have fun and play different modes and get into different dimensions and when they can't do so, it's frustrating, hence why I brought this up since the MB option in settings wouldn't hurt players like yourself, but it would allow "newbies" to adjust so that their games can be more fulfilling.

Understood. I was just stating my personal opinion and feelings and I am someone who is just an average, casual player and has never played a tournament in my life. I am exactly the type of player you described who is just looking to have fun (minus the not wanting to be challenged or improve skills). I just feel differently because I like the more challenging game and to be honest, playing R&M has made me (and my wife) a better player. I see it when I get on another game that I haven't played in a while, and I can regularly make shots that I might have struggled with before. Anyway, maybe I am in the minority of casual players, but I have a strong love for the difficulty of R&M and ACNC, which is up there in difficulty too.

#12517 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Side note - is anyone else fighting with the portal eject? I feel like mine will be perfect after aligning it from underneath then after maybe 50 games it starts to be more errant (not a straight release up - causing a slight ricochet off the inside of the VUK resulting in a release that doesn't go straight down the inner lane.
Anyone have tips for creating the most consistent portal eject that is a clean release down the inner lane every time?

Yes... And have been since I unboxed it. Some portal ejects are perfect and then others will bounce around and sometimes bounce over to the left drain, or bounce out center field. No rhyme or reason to it. Nothing worse than hitting the garage to go to a new dimension and then have the portal eject immediately bounce over to the left drain.

Can't figure out what to do to make it better...

#12539 3 years ago
Quoted from Steve44:

Thanks everyone for your help!
I really have done everything by the book. Tried multiple sticks, all formatted correctly, good downloads and every USB port tried.
I’m in a pickle, Rick....
Regards

Some of us have had the exact same issue in the past due to Windows adding a number at the end of the filename due to there already being another (previous) update in your download folder. All of the updates have the same filename, so when you try and download it and you haven't removed the previous version from your download folder, windows will add a (1) at the end, or a (2) if you have a 1 already in there also. Just make sure that the file on your USB does not have any number in parenthesis at the end or the game will not find the file. I had this happen to me on ACNC.

You may have already checked this and it could be something else. But it has not been spelled out in reply to your initial post so figured I would detail it just in case.

#12540 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Moon Man Mode is fantastic.
I kinda want a setting that will play through the songs that are in the game the way the Interdimesional Cable clips can be set to play in attract mode.

This would be awesome!! And on a side note, BRING BACK EDDIE!! I had to re-upload my Armored Saint avatar as well after the great Pinside crash of 2021.

#12562 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

In the meantime I'm going to build an app that will revolutionize the pinball world!

QcSdqMu (resized).pngQcSdqMu (resized).png
1 week later
#12699 3 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Is it normal for the magnet to get locked on during Groflomite multiball? I've checked the switch, it's gapped just fine. And the magnet does not deplete the meter - but it's definitely locked on (ball hovering over the inlane). Maybe this is a ball save feature? I just wanted to be sure it's not a glitch before I look into it further.
Thanks!

No, this is not normal.

#12708 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I just installed the portal hole protector from Mantis and it was quite easy, and looks clean. I'm not sure if there is high risk of damage without one, but I didn't want to chance it. Very highly recommended if you want the extra protection.

Mine just arrived yesterday as well. Plan to put it in this weekend.

#12799 3 years ago

The problem with Marco's is that the springs (Sega/Stern) are .69 each if you order 1 or 2. But their "bulk discount" makes it $1.29 if you order 3 or more so they almost double in price.

I checked the WMS springs and they raise the price if you buy 5 or more as well.

Granted, they are still cheaper due to shipping, but its the principle.

#12833 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I don't doubt that it's a thing that happens (as I've said like 9 times now) - I just can't figure out the circumstances that trigger the stupid thing.
Anybody (including you, guitarded ) that hits this stupid problem and is interested in running a debug build and sending me logs to try to help root it out, send me a PM.

Whatever is causing it, it is rare. I have had it happen only twice in over 1300 games now. Both times was while multiball was stacked on a mode however. Not that this is an answer, but possibly a clue.

#13095 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Nice! I just noticed that the Flooble-crank switch is not functioning either, so I can't build up the gravity meter/magnet either.
So you think the same crank switch can affect the horseshoe section? I don't remember the targets going up at all, maybe once or twice but mostly they are staying down. Lights are functional in horseshoe.
EDIT: So I just played the TOTAL RICKALL adventure and the targets outside horseshoe did go up during the entire adventure. They were registering when hit. It also locked a ball during PICKLE RICK and held it locked. Weird. It only seems to be the Glomflomite multiball that doesn't seem to be working or locking balls.

If the flooble crank switch is not registering, that is the reason you are not getting the ball locks, because hitting the flooble crank is what enables each lock.

Find the source of that problem and get it working and you should be back in multiball business.

1 week later
#13469 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Looks like 3+mm vs 3+mm to me.

Yeah, I am not seeing much of a difference either. It seems that some people are just looking for anything to pick apart. Rather than using a 1960 wooden ruler, maybe break out some calipers and see for sure. Even if they are slightly off (which it does not look like they are), I highly doubt it is making any difference whatsoever. If there is a difference in size, it is extremely minimal.

1 week later
#13638 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

My stupid plastic “spring” that holds the ship broke. I’m not sure how since it is such a brilliant design. :/ is there a recommended fix for this that isn’t a large piece of metal?

Someone a while back in this thread recommended loosening the nuts that hold that flap down so the plastic is loose and it absorbs some of the impact so it is not all on the bend. I had to take off the house and the plastic around it to do it (you have to hold the bolts from under while you loosen up top). I did this immediately upon receiving my game and even though I had bought the metal version and another backup from Pinball Life (not counting the one they gave me with the game also), I have over 1400 plays on my game and zero breaks.

Since you are replacing yours, just do not tighten it down when you reinstall the new mount. Leave it loose so it has play. The lock nuts will hold it wherever you set them.

#13655 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Anyone who is having portal eject consistency issues, I was able to fix mine (errant ejects would sometimes ricochet into the outlane).
What I did was after inspecting the VUK to ensure everything was in place, I put the table back down and reached through the coin door and pulled the VUK towards the the front (towards the player) until it bent ever so slightly in that direction. Immediately, after a few light adjustments and trials, it started coming out clean and SUPER fast. What I believe is happening now is the ball is catching the back of the VUK and riding it up and out...doing that makes it not strike the metal tab in the front and as a result it shoots out like liquid going through a straw...as it should. Two weeks since I made the adjustment, and I now get super fast perfect ejects 99+% of the time.
Calfdemon was also having similar VUK eject problems that were fixed by making this slight adjustment.

Amen to this. The adjustment is golden if you do not have a consistent portal eject. Before I made the adjustment recommended by @orlandu81, many of my ejects would bounce around and some would go down the left drain, while others would bounce out to the center of the play field.

Someone needs to sticky the post because it makes a world of difference to an irregular eject. Now my eject has been 100% down the lane to the left flipper as it should be. And blazing fast as well.

#13667 2 years ago

It fits through most standard doors if you unbox it first.... Just sayin'.

#13746 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

In regards to the upgraded shooter lane wireform, can anyone that has installed them provide any feedback on them? Worth it?

Absolutely zero issues in over 1500 games. It works perfect every time.

#13792 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Has anyone figured out a clean headphone option yet? I know I can plug my wireless dongle into the amp and I get the signal there, but by plugging in there it doesn't kill the sound from the speakers which I want to do. My master bedroom is right above the arcade, so late night R&M games need to be played with headphones. I have the Kalaxian Crystal coin door and don't want to screw it up.
Would love it if someone were able to make a small component which would have a 3mm input and a volume pot on it, and it can be kept right inside the coin door or even snaked underneath the table and mounted underneath close to the player.

Pinovators has the kit which works great. I have it for the bill acceptor door, but I know they sell kits as under mounts for WPC games, so I would assume they could do the same for Spooky. Email them and see but the external headphone jack and volume control is great.

#13824 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Thanks for the feedback. I understand we dont know the future...but, has spooky continued to work on their other titles, updating, improving the code?

The code updates on ACNC have slowed down quite a bit now, but they were still putting out code for a while into the R&M run. Although, the ACNC code feels just about finished as is now, so not sure how many more code updates there might be left.

#13995 2 years ago
Quoted from Beamer2007:

Yeah, i know its from Interdimensional Cable, I just wanted to know if its possible to get selected or not - I did not realize they had selections in the list that will never be actually selected...
thanks

Best I can tell is each time the list comes up, there are only 2 real awards on it. All the rest are jokes.

#14038 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

if anyone has a standard edition and wants to add some purple I have no need for my stock ramp and hinges (replaced them with aftermarket). PM an offer, assume shipping will likely be like $15[quoted image]

Ditto this... once Toyotaboy's set sells, if there is someone still looking for these, then mine are available as well. But hit up toyotaboy first...

#14085 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Interesting...is there more than one correct way to do this? I used the top hat and the flat screw to hide the original hole and used the original screw and washer for the new hole. Some instructions would have been nice :/
[quoted image]

I installed it back when it was on the PBL website and followed their directions and pictures.

The Mr. Poopy Butthole hat is used to cover the old hole with the flathead screw. The round head screw holds down the new wireform.

That is how the pictures and description had it on PBL before they took it down.

#14087 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

What is the difference with the new wire form? It looks like it doesn’t have a catch at the end?

20210521_181028 (resized).jpg20210521_181028 (resized).jpg20210521_181036 (resized).jpg20210521_181036 (resized).jpg
#14089 2 years ago

Its the aftermarket one that Pinball Life came up with. It is not currently up on their website but rumor is you can contact them and still get one. Originally came in purple or black.

#14128 2 years ago

I had a Tip N Tell on my game when it was delivered back in March as well...

1 week later
#14435 2 years ago

Yeah, mine had the number on it as well. The BSE number matches the last 3 digits of the serial number inside, so one of you guys presumably got the wrong plaque... Maybe check those numbers as well?

#14455 2 years ago

I've had it twice in over 2000 games. It was during one of the multi balls, not sure it was Meeseeks, but either way, Eric knows about it and its hard to tell what causes it when there is so much going on.

#14463 2 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

Hey fellow Rick and Morty's. I picked up bloodsucker #181 a few days ago. Bought it from a fellow Pinsider. Game was billed as "no issues" but after I got it home and set it up...I notice an issue with the ball launch wire form ramp lifting up and causing the ball to NOT fall into the playfield only to slide back down to the launch solenoid. The ball kicker sends it back up the ramp, and it may or may not make it to the playfield depending on if the wire form is lifting up. This will happen repeatedly and not every time but enough to piss you off. It did not happen when I test played the game, but I guess he musta smashed it down real good beforehand.
I've searched this thread for this issue, it doesn't seem common - just wondering if anybody else is having this happen? I'm posting some pictures, it looks like the previous owner was aware of this but didn't say anything or disclose at the time of sale. I lifted the PF last night to inspect and discovered the wire form under the play field had been molested to keep it from lifting... thus, l conclude the previous owner was aware of this. Such as pinball life...
I have an idea how to fix but I would like to see a picture of somebody else's wire form ramp under the playfield to see what it looks like from the factory.
Any assistance would be great!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Believe it or not, that is how the ball launch was installed from Spooky. All of them were installed and then bent over like that.

Your best solution is to email Terry at Pinball Life and get one of his redesigned ball launch ramps (not on website). They are made (and installed) way better and work flawlessly.

#14574 2 years ago
Quoted from roth:

Just now taking my ramps off to replace my plastic under the ship spring and noticed that the left screw on the left ramp entrance was shorter than my other 3 ramp entrance screws. Is this normal?

Yes, if you put the longer screw in the shorter screw hole, it sticks down into the subway below and blocks the ball. That is the reason for the shorter screw.

#14658 2 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I think my dick is broken.
I came downstairs this morning to install the new flipper bushings and saw this.
Sent Spooky an email they responded very quickly and they are sending me a new dick.
They are the best when I have had any problems. I have 3 Spooky games and love them all.
[quoted image]

The one made by Harry Houdini is actually an upgrade and uses a metal post inside so this won't happen anymore. Spooky is good and will send you a free one, but it will happen again.

Its not cheap, but its a one time fix and actually looks pleasantly disgusting...

https://pinballmods.co/rick-and-morty-pinball-mods/megaseed-tree-ramp-support

Just something to consider...

#14695 2 years ago

I finally got around to installing the X-spacers yesterday and like everyone else said, game changer. The difference in how it shoots (for the better) is remarkable. I dialed my lower flipper power down from the stock 30 to 25 and it still has plenty of power. I left the upper at the stock setting of 20 though. I am not getting any airballs off of that flipper, so no need to dial it down.

Now I just need to find the time to finally put in my Mantis garage hole protector...

#14706 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

It seriously takes less time than it will take you to remove / replace the lockbar and glass. Goes in quick.

Just upon visual inspection, how so? Looks like I would have to remove the subway in order to install from the bottom and screw in the 2 support screws that there are no holes for, then install the other 2 screws in the 2 holes that currently hold the subway on. Am I mistaken?

#14714 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Are you saying that installing some like the X-Spacers, with the same size screws all around (I believe that is what Aniraf provides) would be unadvised?

I installed all 3 X-spacers with the screws that were provided and no issues whatsoever. I tightened the screws down tight too and nothing felt by fingertip on the playfield side of things. So if there is a "micro-bump", it is not one that can be seen or even felt. I wouldn't worry about it.

#14763 2 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Bought the spacers, have the updated bushings. Personally, the spacers were an easier install and I hate taking out the flipper bat/pawl/bushings -- as mentioned above, it's practically impossible to get it back even the first time through, and the pawls tend to have a limited life of on again/off again. I am very happy with the spacers as I'm getting the desired result with minimal effort.
When it comes time to rebuild the flipper mechs on the game, I'll take the bushings out and replace them with the shorter ones. I personally don't feel the need to do a rebuild-level of effort right now. I fully appreciate the bushings being the correct height is the "correct" fix and feels better, but I'm getting what I need now and I have what I need later.
Your mileage -- clearly, based on the variety of opinions already shared -- will vary. But I'm happy with my spacers.

Ditto this... Exactly.

The spacers do the exact same thing without doing a flipper rebuild. The flippers will need to be rebuilt down the road when they wear out, and put the proper bushings in at that time. But in the meantime, just use what is already there with the spacers. Otherwise, you are replacing perfectly good parts which is a waste of time and money.

#14847 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Code question for epthegeek …..is there a reason why the number of Megaseeds collected is not shown on the screen?

Its the last 2 digits of the player score. This is why the match is based on the 3rd digit.

#14852 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I am having an issue where one of the right drop target in the horseshoe won’t drop to release a ball when multiball is triggered. It tries really hard, then just gives up and holds the ball there. Oddly, there seems to be no way to free it other than removing the glass or restarting the game. You can wait for at least five minutes and it will not fire a chase ball or cycle the solenoids hard enough to free it.

This is an issue that has been popping up and my machine developed it too. First on the right drop, then the left. I was talking with Luke at Spooky and others are reporting it too. Strange part is it is the exact same mechanism that is in ACNC and its never had a oroblem in a year and a half of owning that game.

Anyway, I have my right mostly fixed and still need to work on my left.

If you look at your drop target mechanism, there is a small coil that activates a "finger" which pushes the drop target in order to lower it. Right near where this finger is supposed to hit the drop, there is a slot in the drop target. What seems to be happening on mine is it works fine with no ball (weight) behind it. But when there is a ball resting on the drop, the finger hits the drop but as it tries to push it, the finger slips into the slot, causing it to fail.

I was able to slightly bend the finger away from the slot on the right drop target enough that it now works about 90% of the time. My left still hangs up about 70% of the time, so I still need to work on that one.

In the meantime, I time a strong forward push on the game when the drops are supposed to lower in order to overcome the failure. This is enough to get the weight of the balls off the drops so they can lower properly.

Both of my drops worked perfectly for about 500 games before this issue came up.

1 week later
#15032 2 years ago

Yeah, I had the same issue when my connectors came loose from the numeric displays. I needed to reseat them and then reglued them with some hot glue. Haven't had an issue since.

#15129 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's really not that difficult, but let me say it in a less emotional way.
On one hand you have some trying to promote conversation and asking questions. It's not a matter of if you agree with the conversation or even if they are correct in what is being said. There is no rudeness or ill intent.
On the other hand you have a bunch of people trying to shut down the conversation and posting 'their agreement' parroting what others have said of said shutting down with posts that contribute absolutely nothing to the conversation, only that 'they don't want others to talk about it'.
There's only 1 reason this is happening, and frankly, it's about scaring off Eric. He's an adult, he can choose to respond or not. If you don't want to talk about flippers, don't. No need for a page and a half of people saying "yeah, don't talk about flippers". Or my least favorite. "<insert number of posts here> and no one is talking about what I want to talk about." If you don't like the discussion, check it and be on your way....(this happens in every thread it seems). You add absolutely nothing to the conversation, but decide to post your dismay anyway).
The fact is there are a lot of very intelligent people on this forum. There is no reason to shut down the line of technical questions being discussed. The reason it even came up again was because someone had issues and asked. I do think Eric has misjudged the patrons of this forum as every day bar visitors rather than the plethora of programmers, engineers, and other people with long histories with the inner workings of pinball that reside here.
*note: 'you' is generalized

Quoted from Zablon:

The hypocrisy of you thinking your post is any better. STFU. SMH.
You people are on some mighty high horses. Get the fuck out of here telling others what to talk about. It's all on topic, whether you agree with it or not. One dude writes a book, and he doesn't even get the details correct and you upvote it. If you are going to talk down to others, you might want to do your research before telling everyone else 'what happened'. Really some of you are pretty co-dependent. It isn't up to you to tell others what people can talk about. We all know the only reason you even care is because you're scared. That is...simply pathetic.
Back to your grovelling.
EDIT: Oh wait. You don't like it? Take it to PM. AMIRITE?

Not disagreeing with you, but aren't you doing exactly the same thing that you are telling people not to do? Some folks have posted their "dismay" at the topic and part of your response was "STFU". I am pretty sure that your suggestions of moving on and ignoring the part you don't agree with works on both sides.

Just saying... It seems hypocritical to try and shut down those on the other side of the coin by using the argument that people should not be shutting down others. But such is life and the world we now live in. Everyone has their own polarizing agenda and no one can find middle ground anymore.

#15133 2 years ago

Snake Jazz dimension would be great too

#15137 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

As stated, a snake jazz dimension, and a slut dragon mode would be at the top of my list. Or, at a keep summer safe mode would be great too.

Keep summer safe would be epic... Such a great episode.

#15156 2 years ago

^ This...

My tree broke the first time an air ball hit it. They are not durable enough to be a ramp support and eventually will break over time. The upgraded one that PMC is making has an actual metal post in the middle that is the ramp support and the tree that sits around it is decorative only. Plus, it looks better and comes with a top.

They are selling them for too much in my opinion, but it is a one time purchase and is made the way Spooky should have done it from the start. So I bit the bullet.

10 months later
#17704 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

It sounds more involved than it is. It’s quite literally the same as replacing a normal switch in any game. Actually easier since you don’t have to worry about polarity or diodes. The only difference is you drill 1 hole on the MRS switch mounting plate, NOT the playfield.
I installed 4 in my R&M and 2 in my Halloween. Super simple upgrade and now my orbits NEVER miss a ball speeding past the switches.
Thanks, Matt!

Which 2 switches did you replace in your Halloween? The orbits I am assuming? I haven't seen the need to swap them out on Halloween yet, but I am such a fan of the switches that I will probably replace them for the sole purpose of eliminating any slow down if for no other reason.

And I will also echo that I replaced 4 of the switches in Rick and Morty (and one problem switch in ACNC) and it was super simple and painless. You are only drilling in the switch plate, and even if you had to make a new hole in the playfield, it would just be a pilot hole on the underside of the playfield. The screw would grab it and sink in the rest of the way. You are doing nothing to the top of the playfield. That said, I used the preexisting holes on all 4 of the switches I installed on R&M. The ACNC switch was a subway switch and no drilling required. I just stuck it in place with double sided tape.

#17707 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Yes, I replaced the orbit switches. My right orbit switch was sometimes not registering and I got sick of lifting the playfield to make small adjustments to it. The right orbit on Halloween in my opinion is the toughest shot in the game and is key to resetting the drop targets. So when I nailed it and it didn't register it was very frustrating.

Thanks... I am going to do the same just to avoid any future problems, speed up the game, and to give those guys some additional business for such an awesome product.

1 week later
#17730 1 year ago
Quoted from ripple:

These green acrylic speaker grill enhancers look like they should have always been there. I did need to cut into them a bit to clear the carriage bolts so they would sit flat. I also touched up the area I cut into with a pen so the light looked more even. I found this Roy arcade cell phone holder that’s kinda neat. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So I get the Rick and Morty Loot Crate (it was a gift subscription a friend bought me), but I did not get that cell phone holder (yet). When was that released and did you get it as part of a loot crate, or did you buy it second hand somewhere? They don't list the loot crate stuff for sale individually... But I am interested in this as I have the Mondo characters and plan to re-do the topper someday.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I just noticed the copyright date in the last picture of 2020. So I am guessing that it was part of one of the 2020 Loot Crates. My subscription started in 2021. Ill keep my eye out for one! Nice find!

#17763 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It is great as it stands but it does feel as if code development just stopped prematurely, which is a shame as it wouldn't have taken much to elevate the game to legendary status.
I don't really get starting the card starting at three adventures as it feels like a compensation, as starting at zero makes more sense?
Anyway sounds like it was more difficult to get things approved as time went on.

You do understand that the card stamps you start with are adjustable in the menu and a lot of us have set it at zero as you stated "would make sense", right? They just defaulted it at 3 to start to make Love Potion #9 a little easier to reach for new players.

1 week later
#17791 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Anyone have major issues with Rick and Morty? Friend of mine got the new Halloween and said it was nothing but problems and kept breaking and shutting down mid game. Spooky just kept saying they were a small family business and didn't give much help so he said. Got me nervous about getting my rick and Morty pin.

I call BS with what your friend said. Spooky has NEVER not helped and always make their machines right. So for him to say they are a small family business and not help, well... I don't buy that for a second.

I have both R&M and Halloween and have had zero problems with each (other than the typical tweaking for R&M initially), and both are great games. I had ACNC as well and has an issue with it at one point (outside of warranty) and Spooky jumped in and fixed it for free anyway.

Nothing for you to worry about except the line of BS that your friend fed you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calfdemon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=calfdemon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.