(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alaskanzen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11573 3 years ago

Build sheet for #665 just hit my inbox as well, for those keeping score.

#11730 3 years ago

Per the flipper fans: do you guys recommend cooling the two main flippers or all three? Eyeing the Vireland kits (Pinmonk) and was debating the merits of each for RAM.

1 month later
#12643 2 years ago

#655 invoiced (and paid here shortly) today.

#12647 2 years ago

How quick has it been for you guys from making the payment to the pin shipping?

#12667 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Frog:

I paid on 3/23 and received my game on 4/15, so about two and a half weeks here.

Thanks! Super excited.

1 week later
#12939 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

There's gotta be at least 50 Rick and Mortys in California now, the R&M capital.

4 in Alaska. We are the per capita capitol.

#12987 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Uhhhh, one in Saskatchewan. Probably the per capita winner here

I cant be mad at our Canadian cousins.

#12988 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Maybe check that, i'm prob wrong. 4 in 750k is prob fairly high! my bad Only one "shown" in ND, SD and Nebraska, if any not listed would add up quick for them
also, fuck sakes, I quoted myself instead of hitting edit button, what a fuckin Jerry

Hoser.

2 weeks later
#13513 2 years ago

#655 arrived.

This pin is amazing. Best sound/theme and possibly game this year ( the award shows really missed by elevating gnr, imho). It’s hard to explain how good this game is. A home run Spooky.

I really wish more folks could play this pin. I hope a few get out on routes. If you do get a chance to play one, do so! Also, holy shit at the sound system on this....

1 week later
#13708 2 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

I have been making notes over the months on what issues may come up and spooky seems to had addressed most of them out of the box, mine was #707 BSE. Plays great, my fist game was 22mil...having a hard time getting 5mil now
I only had to do some minor stuff (adjusting the Bass, shooter lane wire form, adjust EOS)
I have been working with Cliffy to get shooter lane protectors and should have the prototypes by the weekend. Hopefully we will be good and I will keep the forum updated in case anyone is interested.

Quoted from wayinla:

#722 in the house! White flippers with black bands, if anyone is wondering. Had a weird issue that the playfield glass went in crooked causing problems locking the lock down bar. But it was resolved. The yellow envelop wasn’t included so Morgan is sending it soon.
The game appears to play without issues but I’ve never played this pin before. Now to play and understand the rules!

I had a similar issue, except the glass was not cut at a clean angle (instead of being straight, it was angled a bit) and wouldnt set correctly into the lock (creating massive bass reverb ....oh the bass). I swapped with an existing piece of glass for the fix. Also, fyi, my bass was cranked to an 11 from the factory......assuming this was an oversight....so i adjusted to perfection

#13872 2 years ago

Glass felt works wonders on the underside of the top and bottom channels for the glass, fyi. Every time my sub kicks in this was shaking into oblivion. Noticeable difference post install.

1 month later
#14795 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I get that "messing with flippers" is a PITA, but I think the effort is worth the reward in this case (it's the flippers, after all). Spooky did the right thing and produced proper fitting flipper bushings because it's the right solution. IMHO, the flipper brackets should be mounted directly to the PF...inserting spacers is a cool quick hack, but sticking with it for an extended period when you have proper bushings in hand doesn't make sense to me. My $.02.

Amen. Frankly, I think it has more personality/character than any game I've owned.

Ya, so yesterday I installed the new bushing into my ram and wow. I’m pretty skeptical of information on pinside especially when it’s “x fixes y” but let me also just add to what others have said and say this is a must ( and a correct) fix for ram. For anyone out there doubting the flipper bushings, don’t. The functionality is night and day post correction and I highly recommend it. The game now shoots less like a maladjusted wide body and more like my Iron Maiden ( my only real complaint with the game was how it shoots, and I wondered why spooky got away from what ever they had with TNA, this fix makes ram shoot like TNA imho).

1 month later
#15628 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

When do you think new code will be on Spooky's website!
Thanks for the new goodies!

Second here, I tried to dl the file last night and no go for what ever reason. Look forward to giving this a run!

#15669 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I posted in the JJP group a while back asking about interest in DLC and it seemed like most people shot it down. I think this is a unique situation as the content is still being produced. I'm down. I think the argument against paying manufacturers to "finish" their code doesn't really apply in this case. It's not like we were promised the code would be kept up to date with the series.

I would pay for the pin version of DLC. But before we open up Pandora's box, we need to define where to draw this line, lest 'unfinished' code/pins become the norm.

2 months later
#16207 2 years ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Same here!
Although I’m pretty sure I had one of the worst aligned machines Spooky made. IE: Only making it through the orbit from the spinner side 1 out of 10 times because it gets hung up at the diverter seam, Right most switch only getting triggered 50% of the time, garage shot rail/guide pushed way out making the shot require perfection and luck, etc… I think I finally have it mostly dialed now. Fast and smooth now. My worst games are now better than my best games a month ago. The game is so good that it was worth it.

It took awhile to dial mine in too. Including moving the garage rail. My scores jumped by a factor of 2x after all of the adjustments. And once dialed in, the disappointment with how the game shot (which was my only complaint with the game) are completely gone. Someone else wrote this plays very much like an old fast em game and I agree, for this reason it will be a long term keeper (its fast, short games, and very very fun).

I just recently made it to Rick Potion 9, and it was somewhat startling. I wasnt expecting it (my machine is set to start at 3 adventures, I may turn this down now). Really cool! If I had one additional wish for the code it would be a deeper wizard mode or 1-2 additional modes. I agree that I dont expect another update and as it sits this is now one of my favorite machines, so i dont feel it needs anything additional to be complete, but those would be wish list items.

The only other missing element is the lack of voices for Beth, Summer etc.. I dont think thats realistic to think they would ever be added in but if we are wishing and dreaming big it would be to have Spooky secure a smaller license to add in their voices or commentary and or 1-2 more modes. But I also would worry this would work against what, imho, is a perfectly balanced and the best use of IP that Ive seen in a modern game. While Spooky has some design, engineering and manufacturing limitations comparative to Stern etc.. where I believe they shine is theme integration, sounds, music etc.. IMHO RAM is their masterpiece of fun and theme integration and really reminds me of a fully fleshed out, IP themed TNA in terms of speed, overall experience, and shots.

Strengths: Theme integration, code, lights/light show, fun factor, sound, and art. Weakness: Engineering and build consistency, shots, depth of code in later game stages

3 weeks later
#16425 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:if all the spooky are getting better and better, there is the ultra man and halloween to buy go go ...

True if they had the same design team/engineer etc. but my understanding is they switched gears and it's noticeable.

On a side note, the lineage between RAM and TNA is neat. I feel like when Im playing RAM Im playing an evolved TNA. I thought I wanted to own both but if I had to choose it would be the RAM hands down. RAM has all of what makes TNA awesome plus a lot more depth, shots etc. (a second dimension, vs a rather flat playfield in TNA. Both are great though).

#16439 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

A true testament to how great the framework is on R&M. I agree the structure of it lends to more content, especially with this IP.
This goes against everything I have said in the past but...I would seriously pay for more content on my R&M. Come out with season packs that you can purchase. Adds new game modes and new dimensions, that is it. I'd seriously do that and I really hate most DLC models in games.

That it leaves you wanting more is the hallmark of this title and why it is deserving of consideration. What is interesting to me is despite some of its design/geometry flaws, it really is a fun and great game. I believe it is the best theme integration/use of IP I've seen to date in pinball.

3 weeks later
#16613 2 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Anyone have sound cut out on latest code randomly and rarely? My guess is something bugged with the added callouts.

Yes. At first I thought this was a dimension mode feature that was new but realized that it is not. FYI seems to happen with me when combined with an active dimension.

1 month later
#16882 2 years ago

Anyone else having difficulty unpacking the zip file? Perhaps not possible on a mac? Didn't have this issue on prior updates but it seems to be struggling this go for me.

Fixed: for some reason both Mac's had switch to "open with installer". A swap back to archive solved the issue. Posting fix here just as an fyi for anyone else having the issue.

#16884 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Auto unpacks on my macbook air as usual so it should be fine on a mac.

Yah thanks. I'm not sure why but both of my Mac's defaulted to installer. Annoying

1 month later
#17195 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Memory is not an issue, in any way I've been able to test, as of the October 2020 build. That was when the video player bit was handled. There is a very slim chance that if you have a very (very) long ball that triggers a ton of videos without ever shooting the scoop, you might hit the RAM limit - but all it does when it gets full is start 'chugging' (you can see it in the launch stream we did at I/O in Madison). But that would be really hard to actually do.
One thing thing that has to be remembered is that the software has to rely on what the game tells it via the various switch inputs that it has. If there are hardware issues, the game can report things in ways that the software doesn't comprehend well enough to deal with. An example would be that picture earlier of 3 balls on the same side behind a single drop. Something went wrong with the drop targets or that wouldn't have happened. One failed to go up, or one failed to go down when it should have and things got off the rails. Since I don't have decades of fault-tolerant-pinball-development under my belt (and that mech is complicated as heck to deal with on the code side, even when it all works right), sometimes if the hardware isn't working right everything will go horribly wrong, unfortunately. But I'm 100% dedicated to trying to make the thing better wherever it becomes necessary, so if some common, repeatable problem continues to be an issue that I can somehow work around, I will.

Hey, just fyi thank you for your ongoing replies/involvement/support. You've made a few fans here as a result of your continued involvement and engagement and I am one of them.

Also, on a different note, I agree with prior commenters, this should be a top ten game. My sense is the lower production numbers tempered the community response a bit (that, and the game is brutally hard....but given Elwin's run I think the 'too hard' limit has significantly lessened in terms of game acceptance).

1 month later
#17390 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Not subject to...just not repairable if it happens.
And if you know it is a keeper and can be displayed, soooo worth the upcharge. Looks like furniture.

it really is amazing. Generally, Im against a 1k uptick but in this case: Spooky's butter cab is 1,000% recommended.

1 week later
#17520 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

New Build Posted - Just some fixes - https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/
Build 2022.04.21:
- Fixed: Blood Dome music fix broke a different thing with the fatality shot lights.
- Fixed: Blood Dome music fix also created a crash possibility if drained during bonus shot.
- Fixed: There was a crash bug in the rare 'get your shit together' ending
- Changed: Schwifty results video can't be skipped with flippers
Just in case, I left the previous build linked as well for now.

Hells yes

#17521 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

My Rick and Morty can't get a rest when there are people here. Always someone on it.

Same here, and here are a few reasons why from my perspective:

Quick ball times. Aside from a few skilled players, most ball times comparative to other pins in my lineup (I have a TZ, which isnt exactly friendly....) the ball times on RAM are super short. This leads to multiple games per player.

Fun: as a shooter goes, RAM is clunky and particular (aka hard and unforgiving). Its why I also like it. However, what often gets left out of the conversation here is its also an incredible interactive and fun game. It never feels dull or wood choppy.

Interactivity: world under glass applies to RAM. Spooky's use of IP here is top level and much like another amazing pin TNA the lights, sounds and vibrations are insane. One of the best light shows in pin prior to GNR (and right up there with the criminally underrated Ghostbuster light show).

IP: Its hard to argue with how engaging the use of IP is in RAM. It literally feels like Rick and Morty stand over your shoulder. Adds to the 'drawn in' aspect of the machine.

Summation: RAM is a unique pinball experience with solid pinball moments. While it has weaknesses in geometry and design those are largely offset by fun and interactivity. It is a top ten pin, imho, and is I think a 'throwback', as much as TNA was as well, to what might have been a 'future' design if the basic layouts of the 80's pins continued into the modern era.

#17537 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Spooky has nailed the theme integration with R&M, TNA, and ACNC…those three games have absolutely elite world’s under glass and those three successive releases are the core reason Spooky is so respected today.
I deeply hope that Spooky does more games in the future with both Scott and Eric. Those two guys are simply flat out amazing talents.

Agreed. I also think ram was the best spooky. I think spooky is great but would like to see them score this team and or some decent designers for future releases.

#17544 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I was getting tired on the pounding the game often hands out, so I decided to sell mine.
Literally, the next day, I started having regrets, and one not too far away got posted up for sale. I bought it right away!
Glutton for punishment I suppose! But as much as I sometimes hate the feeling of the flippers, and all the issues I've had to iron out, the code and the theme integration on this game make it a keeper for me.
Last game I felt this way about is Walking Dead, and that game is in my personal top 10.

Ya 100%. As far as pinball fun/experiences go, TNA and ram are something unique. That’s not to say they are above say any stern, where design and engineering are vastly superior, but Spooky’s niche is unique design, immersion and “sensation” if that’s a thing in pinball.

I can’t imagine selling my ram. The only thing close to the experience of it in pinball I’ve found is TNA, and I view ram as an upgraded polished TNA (they are different games of course but there is enough that’s similar to make me go back to this comparison. Ram feels like an evolution to TNA).

I think ultimately because ram is so immersive, fun and engaging it’s easy to ignore the clunky shots and the difficulty level. The only modern game I have an equal affinity for is sterns Iron Maiden. Iron Maiden may be the greatest game of all time ( or one of them). I go back and forth on where ram should sit comparative to maiden, and while I still think maiden is a superior game from a design and engineering standpoint, where stern remains king, it’s hard to say that ram isn’t equally engaging for its own unique merits.

Spooky’s magic is the immersion and world under glass factor and ram imho is their masterpiece to date.

#17545 1 year ago

One other thing I’ll add is i find it also interesting that, comparative to the modern trap heavy designs from stern, where technical brilliance is emphasized in design and encouraged in gameplay, to me, and I don’t know if this was intentional, TNA and ram seem to encorisge frantic play and discourage trap. It’s not that you can’t trap on either machine ( TNA far more rewards this than ram does) but to me both pins feel like they were design for flow play. And again that is somewhat of a throwback to 90’s Williams/earlier Ritchie design.

#17547 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

IM is a wierd one for me. I love the theme, big IM fan, but I just cannot get into the gameplay on it. Maybe I haven't got deep enough into it, but nothing has drawn me in to want to try.

Polar opposite here. The flow, shots, scoring and depth alongside a moderately hard game with enough variation, theme and experience puts Maiden extremely high for me. Try it again! FYI the learning curve is 7/10, it has a somewhat steep wall from casual to punching into the depth. It took me about a year to consistently start hitting 150 mil ish and breaking deeper into the modes.

#17564 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I own both and R&M gets played 100x more than GNR. I don't think GNR is "all hype", but the scoring couldn't be worse and the album modes are just awful (including the Slash solo mode). The vibe of the light show and energy of the live performances is entertaining, but overall it falls very short. Just a shame that the code/rules/scoring aren't more fun...the layout and shots aren't that bad.

Jpp in general really disappointment me as shooters. Beautiful, work of art level games, theme integration. And absolutely snooze fest of games. Imho ram should have had more parity with gnr. I think some factors were in play: nostalgia, which is a hell of a drug, shock and awe, in that visually gnr is amazing and most folks wernt playing or seeing these machines in person during Covid, and rams low production numbers, which I think really cost it in terms of notice but also place within the top tier discussions ( I want to give a giant shout to people and ops who put this game out for the general public. It’s too bad more folks don’t get to play it). Those are some of the factors that I think swung gnr far up above where it actually and likely sits in the pantheon of rankings and desirability and likely someone of the factors keeping ram depressed comparatively.

#17565 1 year ago

One thing I wonder about as well is, of the folks that pre ordered the game, how many were ram fans vs pinheads etc. at the time spooky was still seen as a next true producer with some amazing games and even now we see that with some ip it’s the theme driving the sales. I often wonder if, had people had the chance to play ram and the production number been higher, that it would have gotten more of a general audience initially but I also wonder, like Iron Maiden, if people were turned off by the ip to some extent too ( I love the ip of both. I also think both took some time to “catch” with the gen pop and both are top tier games etc).

1 month later
#17771 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Floaty... one thing I never experience on this game.
It it gets floaty, the pop bumper will just slam it down my throat.

Have you installed the flipper bushing fix? If not, I could see a incorrectly leveled flipper creating a 'floaty' feeling off the flippers. (Spooky had replacement bushings; search this thread for additional info).

#17772 1 year ago

We are focused on the use of IP for new episodes, modes, wizard modes etc.. However, one brilliant feature of this game are the dimensions. This, and ball lock awards, are a way Spooky could add content to the game without relying on additional cost related to the IP (it's still their staff and coding time. We spend this freely muahhaahaha). A wizard mode connected to the dimensions would be legit, imho, assuming additional IP cant be procured.

#17779 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I have never had a floaty feeling on R&M.
I did install the Ninjacamp X-Spacers for the flippers which are outstanding I might add..

i haven't either, but he described a floating feeling on his RAM. The flippers are the only thing I can see causing this (or maybe a really misleveled machine). The game is not floaty, if anything, the opposite.

1 month later
#18150 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

https://soldmy.org/pin/rm
Build 2022.08.02:
- Added: 3 new settings menus to enable/disable FEATURE, POSITIVE and NEGATIVE dimensions
- Added: New check/warning to make sure at least 1 of each dimension is enabled before starting.
- Added: Dimension: 't3h-dub' - (Positive) 2x megaseeds when collected
- Added: Dimension: 'f0n-du1' - (Positive) Targets increase Gromflomite jackpot value
- Added: Dimension: 'cRk-d4t' - (Positive) Flooble crank always awards a seed
- Added: Dimension: 'st4-mpz' - (Positive) Multiply scoring by green stamps
- Added: Dimension: 'nc-17' - (Feature) Just a bunch of cursing
- Added: Dimension: 'fr0-0p' - (Feature) Froopyland! Unlimited ball save
- Added: Dimension: 'Kl4-ck' - (Feature) Switches trigger knocker (YIKES) - Off by default. Requires knocker enabled.
- Added: Dimension: 'b4-llz' - (Negative) Ball Search ?!
- Added: Dimension: 'bl4-nkz' - (Negative) Only one megaseed spawns
- Added: Dimension: 'k1rk-Lnd' - (Negative) Meeseeks spawned while in dimension have 1/2 of the usual 'go bad' time
- Added: New mystery award option - Shake Megaseed Tree - adds up to 3 new seeds.
- Added: New setting to auto-light adventure start on each ball ("ALL")
- Changed: Trimmed the Morty "He sure says bitch a lot" line with junk at the end
- Changed: Cromulons "Hooray" will only add "Look" 1/5 times.

OMG. Yes!!!

2 months later
#18872 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Get the bushings with the flipper kit and ditch the spacers. The full kit works together so nicely - you won’t regret it.

Can you detail the difference you've seen? I have dialed in game and feel more could be done to smooth out the shots.

1 month later
#19169 1 year ago

Anyone else had sound issues post final update (9/22)? I have main voice and sounds cut out during moonman and also had main character voices cut out during a multi/dimension combo mode. Had to reset the game on the multi etc mode to get them back and the voices and sound effects returned post moonman mode during that game.

1 week later
#19196 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The moonmen muting (and get Schwifty) is on purpose. I can’t stand when pinball talks over song lyrics, so for those two modes, I put the clamp on all the blabbering. There is some specific bug that can leave the ‘mute’ stuck, but I haven’t been able to figure out what that condition is yet - there are so many different places it force resets it’s ridiculous and it still manages to break somehow.

Ok right on. I dig it, just making sure it was intended. Thanks mate!

#19197 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

I thought I did see/feel a change. At first I dropped all 3 flippers by 2 clicks, then 3 more each. I've dialed my RAM in pretty well but the precision flip upgrade was needed to give me much better garage and right outer loop attainment. Even the right ramp had too many failed ascents in my opinion.
With the precision flippers installed, prior to dropping my coil settings I actually had a ball fly off the right ramp at the 90deg turn - which never happened in the prior 1,500 games played. I'm going to monitor play over the next week and lower further if I see what I consider dangerous areal ball play. Hope that helps.

I noticed a significant change. I upped the power to my right flipper and now the ramp shot is solid (previously, on default, it was a solid miss 60% ish of the time and required you to hit it with significant velocity to clear the ramp. Now, it remains a moderately challenging shot but the misses are not related to power but rather accuracy etc.).

#19204 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

It is so rewarding to see some of those near-impossible shots become more doable. I'm inclined to minimize my coil strength in an attempt to safeguard the plastics (maybe even the pf) for the long term view of the game's life. Once the precision flippers system was installed I found my existing coil settings to be way too powerful. Lowering the settings I thought also put less strain on the coils but I'm probably just being silly. Glad you're enjoying your new setup.

Yep I dig it. I feel I have a good balance between flipper power and protecting the machine. I have the precision flippers on my Iron Maiden (oddly, I find Maiden fades far worse than RAM) and enjoy them on that machine. I debated them on my RAM but the flipper coil adjustment seems to have addressed my issue. We shall see if this leads to fade etc.. RAM doesn't greatly lend itself to trapping the ball, so I think thats in part why I haven't see fade, but could see it being an issue if you were laying on the flippers.

Oh and Froopyland is amazing. The last major code drop with the new dimensions was epic, imho.

1 month later
#19450 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Pending code update to add detection for Jerry -> Garage switch to only count it as a jerry hit and play a "oh, you're one of THOSE people" callout.
<it's a joke, don't throw things>

Love it.

#19483 1 year ago
Quoted from InteractivePinball:

This ramp entrance is from a TSPP. The final metal ramp entry will be custom fit for the shot.

I'm in for one. Thanks.

#19486 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnytruant:

I've had the flippers and keyed shafts in my cart for 3 days now and haven't pulled the trigger because I can't settle on a freaking color choice.
I put far less thought into buying the actual machine than I have with this decision.

Have you tried a power adjustment on the flippers first? I did (I own a set of the precision flippers on my iron maiden, fyi, dig em but not for every application) and it worked for me very well. I also had the updated flipper bushing installed from Spooky so I'd recommend that along with the power increase via the menu first. if that doesn't change how the game shoots then would recommend the flippers 100%.

9 months later
#20058 4 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

"For a Spooky" explanation: They release at $9K and are usually worth $7K within 6 months. I'm the only person I know who likes Halloween and Ultraman. I know a single guy who likes Scooby. I owned an Alice Cooper BSE with the beautiful butter cab, but half of my friends wouldn't play it at all because of difficulty and I still couldn't get more than $7K for it when I sold. I'll have to try to convince my wife, who is more into pinball than I am even, to let me trade out a game for it not because it's R&M, but because it's a Spooky. It's not the mechs and quality that they are known for being bad about, it's geometry and things just feeling off. The fact that you have to dial in this game so hard and even might add a mod ramp shot to make it better says that it hasn't gotten over that hump yet.

Engineering and design matter. Bottom line. TNA and RAM remain Spooky's best games. A big part of that is their geometry and design. Coding doesnt hurt. What Spooky does really well (IP, art, theme integration) is really represented well in RAM.

What I would give for the passion and skillsets of Spooky to be matched to Stern level design and engineering.

RAM remains bolted to my floor. It is a game that gets played until its dog tired. A big part of this is the ip/theme, but because it's so fun people also seem to ignore the clunky shots comparative to my Sterns and or the fact its an amazingly brutal game.

What I would also give for the remaining seasons Spooky once committed to. I know this is a pipe dream but RAM remains (IMO) Spooky's masterpiece (TNA might also be up there, or in the running). So I will hold out hope. As it sits though its still an amazing machine that, in terms of fun factor, has few equals.

#20060 4 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll try to convince her to give it a try in our home after Labyrinth arrives.

From an end user/player perspective, there are very few games which feel like they are complexly immersive. RAM is this. Labyrinth looks to be similar. I would say have her go play a RAM, with the caveat that you need to be able to hear the call outs etc. to fully gauge RAM as that is a big part of how RAM is significant and stands out vs. other pins.

3 weeks later
#20107 3 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well if you have to convince someone else...good luck lol. People who play mine like the theme/idea, but they won't play it for long because of the difficulty.

I've had the polar opposite experience. The difficulty matched with the fun/theme seems to evoke 'one more game' more than my other pins.

RAM ends up with three times the play count comparative to my Sterns.

The ip/theme integration is so good/immersive that I think it shuts off the cognative return of being exceedingly bad at pinball.

Quoted from Brad25:

Need opinions. I currently have a Rick and Morty bloodsucker edition pinball machine (only 750 made I think). Might be looking to trade for a Willy Wonka LE, would you do it?

I would not trade RAM for a Wonka.

Wonka has some design issues, in particular, there is a shot in the upper right portion of the game that is impossible to see given the physical design of the game. Also, Wonka in general is not close to RAM in terms of fun, though for a JPP game its above average. I think you would regret the trade eventually, and I think RAM is a higher resale and playable value driven proposition comparatively.

2 months later
#20186 14 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I also love the game...it just fires on all cylinders (once it's been dialed in, which takes some effort With only 750 produced, it's shocking to me that it isn't more in demand...especially given the cool/modern license. Wish the battery dying didn't require so much effort to recover from, but now I simply replace the battery every year before it dies.

Think about when it came out. Covid, low production numbers, and an IP that should not have been as engaging as it is all lead to a significantly undiscovered machine from most of the general public. It's also a game with some limitations ( future modes never completed, geometry can generously be described as angular/tight, and build qa issues). This said, I believe its a top twenty game. There are few machines that are as fun and immersive as RAM, and I will continue to assert it's Spooky's masterpiece to date.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alaskanzen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=alaskanzen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.