(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#106 4 years ago

What a great stream and job well done by the entire Spooky team. Huge thank you to Eric doing the play by play rules. I So wish every unveil video was done like this with the code magician explaining everything play by play. He really hit every question and detailed what’s there and what’s coming. Just great thanks!

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Don’t read too much into that. Hilton is obsessive about tweaking games for smooth play.
Now is the time we should all start taking notes on what early owners have been tweaking, so we’re all ready when our games arrive!

Agreed yet I rather appreciate that one of the first owners is obsessive about tweaking as that will greatly help everyone from the start! Tweak away Mr Hilton do your thing lol.

#719 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the R&M silhouette hinges are made by a company tied very close to both pinball life and spooky. I believe that it's the same company doing all of the powder coated parts for the bloodsucker edition for spooky too

And Dino is an awesome and creative dude!

#773 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

These were all temporary throw togethers. Pretty sure I stated that.... just a placeholder.

You sincerely did a great job and as a Free offering your effort was awesome. Being honest its a card nobody will look at after day one so something is better then nothing. I plan to use what you offered and thank you for sharing!

#847 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Has anyone ever done a timed multiball mode where after the time runs out flippers die, balls all drain, then shoots 1 ball back into play (not a ball loss, just basically that mode is over)? Seems like this idea would be a candidate for something like that.
I know that Space Station has it's 'extra ball' mode that does this, but it's at the end of the game.

TZ - LITZ

#956 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

My Mini R&M review:
Disclaimer, I’m not good at writing reviews.
I received my game yesterday. I wanted to say that I am a little embarrassed to admit that i post here quite a bit and think about pinball all the time, but have played less than 50 games of pinball in the last 2 years because of my health issues. Having had a brain tumor near my motor cortex in 2018 and surgery to remove it and now dealing with the tumor that has re grown, radiation treatment, seizures ect it has taken a lot of joy out of playing pinball for me. All that said I played more pinball yesterday after I got R&M set up than i have played in the entire year before I got it.
I spent all day setting my game up yesterday as my mental focus is not what it used to be, so I wanted to be extra careful. First off I will say that the game is Stunningly beautiful in person, I was blown away when I opened the box and saw it.
The shots:
I was worried as heard people talking about the difficulty of some of the shots On this game. This is potentially a big problem for me as not being able to hit shots consistently is one of my biggest frustrations when I play pinball.
I start my first game and immediately loop the ball twice as it comes around the upper flipper (I was like wow did I just do that) then I proceeded to hit the left and right ramps easily, the only shot that I fount difficult was the garage shot from the upper flipper, I was able to make it, but it is a tough shot! My understanding is that it was designed that way. There is something about the layout/geometry of the shots on this game that feels very well laid out to me. The shots are challenging but make able and there are tons of different shots to make. A+ on the playfield layout, again you can tell when you play this game how much thought went into the shot layout.
The light show:
What can I say, it is mind blowing! No exaggeration it is the best light show hands down I have ever seen on a game! (I have owned DI & WOZ ect) I was totally blow away by it, so much so that I sat and watched the game in attract mode for a half hour last night.
The artwork:
I love it, so much detail! The cabinet back box and back glass are beautiful and perfectly fit the theme and art for R&M. The playfield art is so cool I kept finding new Details on it. The purple armor
And coin door look amazing, there is a sparkle in the purple, pictures can not do it Justice!
Toys:
The game may look a little sparse compared to a game like dialed in when it comes to toys, but let me tell you, when you are Playing it you don’t think that all all! The game has so many shots and cool features.. like the slam ring (way cooler than I thought it would be!), Danesi lock, immortality field, portal shot to the garage with subway that kicks out to left out lane, Ricks ship etc.
Sound:
This brings the whole game together the sound is amazing it’s like TNA on steroids! The sound and callouts are absolutely incredible. I want to say that the Factory sound system on this game is the best I’ve heard on any game ever, but since I had a powered Polk subwoofer just sitting there I went ahead and hooked it up and it is intense!
The code:
I love the fact that I am playing as Morty! I have to say that for being early code it is already very good with lots to see and do! I can’t imagine how great it will be by the end of the year! Video clips are awesome, custom call outs are great, modes are fun and objectives are well thought out! (profanity set at 95%) I love the direction this code is going in!
Issues with my game.. there were not many:
The left flipper gap was A bit too much so I used my gap gauge and adjusted it. The shooter lane sometimes hits the end of the shooter ramp and bounces back to the auto plunge, this can be an issue if you are in multi ball and the first ball fails to launch and a 2nd ball ejects into the shooter lane as the plunger doesnt have the power to launch both balls at once, I will try Hilton’s fix on this today. One of the legs was making slight contact with the cabinet which could of damaged the decal, the game comes with the good metal cabinet protectors but the way the leg was formed created a slight clearance problem on only one of the legs (I have had this issue on Stern and JJP games as well) I swapped the leg to the back of the game and all was good. On a side note When I set up a game I bolt the legs on and then slide a piece of paper between the cabinet and the leg to make sure there is no contact.
So really very few issues so far.
Updating Code was a breeze!
This game/theme bridges generations! My daughter is 18 and her and her friends know I just got this game, most of them don’t play pinball, but because it’s Rick and Morty they want to know when they can come over and play it. (I guess pinball nerd Dad is cool after all)

This game will never leave my house until the day I die and then my daughter will enjoy it for many years.
Great job team Spooky you guys knocked it out of the park with this game!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing. With all you and your family have been through I am happy to see you enjoying pinball again! Nerd dad is good Dad in general is Great. Congrats man!!!

#1022 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can’t believe I forgot to post this before[quoted image]

What model level is that? Like it may need to get a new one.

Edit: Just seen the Craftmen logo.

#1214 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I’ve only played 3 times... about to be 4 but it is awesome!!![quoted image]

I So want that sign on the wall. Awesome

#1231 4 years ago

Ok since nobody else is going to say it I will! R&M is a fricken ass kicker sadistically designed and build to demoralize you with every plunge! All while insulting you and stripping away Any assumption you may have had that you were a decent player!! Yeah I said it!! I played it for 5 hours today at home and while it does let you get one high score (mine was 4 mil ish) the rest of the time it makes you walk away like a bitch! Scott and Charlie conspired this evil machine to destroy positive thoughts of victory and force you to walk away with your tail between your legs! Aside from it playing as if the pinball was a meteor on fire, an amazingly fun game and the code to this point is absolutely brilliant. Hats off guys we are not worthy.....

Off note to Eric. The newer "Fart" code made the game reset every time. Needs a bit of polish...

#1253 4 years ago

Looks like Spooky and team Really raised the bar with this one so with a love of the show and game we decided to introduce a complete Custom line of Mods for such an Awesome game. Figured most could Google buy their own Funko characters so we opted to not go that route. There are Thousands to choose from in every scale so that area should be covered. As my wife (the boss) is a huge fan and we happen to have an Awesome Rick and Morty we decided to favor some unique designs to give the game a nice accent without overwhelming the designers original vision. We hope you like what we have done at this point and as Always appreciate everyones support and interest. Note that these are completed products that are available via our store This Week or Pinside not concepts. Sincere thanks to Everyone involved on the Spooky team for building the One game my wife didn't even question me buying. It's dam AWESOME!! With that said, Let's see some Mods Morty!

View the thread or just stop by the store!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-and-morty-custom-mod-collection-new-themodcouple

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
#1258 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Dude, that's not really necessary.

Ok? As usual not sure not sure how that upset you. We were going to do some Funko characters but based on the dozens of people posting they bought them we opted not to resell something most already found. Is it wrong we are not offering them? Must be missing something. Don’t really care...

#1266 4 years ago
Quoted from SlightlySnaked:

How is it playing with the SLAM Bumper vs. a regular slingshot? Does it change things up considerably, or not make much of a difference?

Definitely a new and welcome experience. Less predictable than a sling in a fun way.

#1295 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ooh Wee! I just got some kind of super duper skill shot.. I squanched the ball and hit 2 loop shots in a row and then nailed the garage when it came around the 3rd time.. I got 1.2 million points for doing it and a really cool call out that I can’t remember.[quoted image]

Awesome. I did it once but it seemed like luck. Does seem like a mastered skill shot can make or break your score on this one. Big points.

#1335 4 years ago

Climb aboard the "Whirly Dirly" is taking off on another fast paced crazy Spooky adventure! More details in our thread and available this week from our website store. What a Great high speed game. Just had to have its own roller coaster!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#1338 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Since the ball will be shooting back towards the player down the ramp shouldn't the character on the "roller coaster" be facing the player also. Just seems like he is going against the flow of the game there. Maybe see how it looks if you just spin him around (provided he has a face).
Too much clutter for me but it looks good and I applaud your ingenuity.

It's actually reversible by design. Yes he has a full cute little face lol. Totally the owners decision.

#1339 4 years ago

Poor Jerry... he’s got no voice in the game and now he gets booted off the Whirly Dirly ride too???[quoted image]

Dam straight! lol No call outs No coaster ride!

#1353 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

You guys make such great products. How awesome is this!?

Sincerely appreciated. Truth is if the game is inspiring and fun it’s easy to be creative. Not to pump R&M but Spooky and team delivered on this one for real. All the hype early on pre-ship was a high bar to hit but they truly did. Very impressive.

#1506 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Had a thought.
Biggest gripe for me, of legitimately few, is the shooter lane and skillshot could have easily been significantly neater.
Why on earth is this designed to PLOP on the playfield?
Just having it shoot straight, no incline, and soft plunge to where it does drop, or longer plunge to the left flipper, would have been better than what exists.
Ideally.....with the incline, and the fact that each shot is coming via the portal gun, there could have been three varied sizes of holes with portal graphics leading into a subway to shoot for just ahead of the end of the existing shooter lane wireform. Each one in turn would offer a different starting bonus or points, and then with that fantastic second trough, possibly could have shot out immediately into the left flipper lane, or maybe elsewhere depending on the portal.
This shooter lane aspect seems lackluster in design, in an otherwise really fast and frenetic higher skill level game.

Not sure I follow your suggestion. By design the ball correctly drops at the top of the flipper lane to load the upper right flipper for the skill shot (or super skill shot). If it just went light speed around the upper loop it would just end up back at the same flipper or most times out the right drain lane. I personally liked the challenge they created. By no means is this your typical Easy skill shot. IF you get it you Earned it! lol If by skill (ok luck) you Double loop the skill shot you get some Amazing points. I personally don't see an issue with the setup on this but thats just an opinion.

1 week later
#1675 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I don't really see that happening. But that's a topic for a different thread.

I’m guessing Charlie is more concerned about his family and employees well being vs a flipper mech shortage or truck delay. Just a guess in real world priorities.

#1854 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Here's some info I'd like to share to others who dont mind doing adjustments/tweaks to their games.
I wanted to see what I could do to make the garage shot from the upper right flipper easier. The shot was makeable before but since I'm just an average skillz player I wanted to make it even more makable.
Based on what was learned from adding more curvature to the rail position with the inner loop spinner shot, I wanted to see if something similar could be done with the garage shot.
You need to remove the plastics above the portal return trough to get access to that area. If you look at the intial position of the rail you can remove the second and third screw on the rail to adjust its position (very similar to the inner loop shot). However, the tab on the third screw is very close to a wooden rail which prevents you from moving it much at all.
[quoted image]
Loosen the black screws under the playfield which secure the wooden rail to the playfield. This allows you to raise the wood rail a little bit.
[quoted image]
Then you can slide the edge of the metal rail tab under the wood rail to increase the curvature. Tightening the wood rail screws will then clamp and secure the rail tab under the wood rail.
You can see the curvature of that rail is now improved.
[quoted image]
If you use the original screw hole for the first tab on the rail, it will restrict how much of a curve you can create. I made a new screw hole for the first tab which allowed me to increase the amount of curvature.
The shot is still hard but now my sloppy half assed shots sometimes make it to the garage.

Well done. A must do for me as well as the other modification Whysnow detailed. Just a little makes a world of difference. Thanks for sharing to both.

#1864 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I have an idea to toss out there for consideration.
Even without the economic shutdown, my delivery date for R&M is still a long ways away and made even longer now. Despite that, I'm thinking of paying Charlie and Company in full, right now, as my way to help float their boat during this difficult time. It's an individual choice that may appeal to others, but if only a few of us took this gamble it could make a difference.
Your personal finances and family responsibilities come first of course, but food for thought.

Not saying no but isn’t that what the 750 $1500 deposits would help do? Plus maybe 64 (last I checked) games paid in full. I suspect Charlie would appreciate the gesture but he seems like a man and company of principle who more then likely would prefer everyone take care of their Families with that money until the time comes to get back to business. Kind thought though.

#1875 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Finally got all the parts in to make my first batch of Pickle Rick mods. This first batch will include some extra free items with each order. Cost is $40 plus $5 shipping. Available in my pinside shop https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1120-docquest-pinball-mods/03616-pickle-rick-with-fluorescent-green-plastic-and-bonus-items
Pickle Rick is pre-mounted onto a fluorescent green plastic with some Pickle Rick themed art on it. Installation is so easy even simple Rick could figure it out. Just unscrew 2 nuts, remove your existing plastic and put Pickle Rick in place. I include 2 green colored acorn nuts as a nice finishing touch. Pickle Rick adds some pizzazz to that corner of you machine and does double duty by helping to hide the opto wire going to the ramp. In addition to the highly detailed Pickle Rick mod with cosmic green light reactive plastic, you also get the following bonus items at no extra charge:
Custom printed "Squanch Ball" plastic insert. This replaces the launch ball graphic on the game for the more theme appropriate "Squanch Ball" instead.
Custom printed plastic Morty start button. Replace the boring factory start button with the Morty start button. Each button press adds a Morty tot he game so having a Morty on button just makes sense. You will receive two Mortys to choose from: the astonished Morty (when Morty hears where the megaseed is supposed to go) and the pursed lips surprised Morty (Morty after the megaseed was inserted) .
Custom printed plastic coin insert labels, Everyone knows the Galactic Federation doesn't used quarters for currency anymore. Replace the factory coin inserts with the proper denomination of your choice; Flurbos, Schmeckles, or Blemflarcks. I believe most of the games at blips and chitz require 50 Flurobos nowadays.
Also include is a talking ring/jewelry/key holder (ring not included) you can out on your nightstand. Great place to keep you rings, jewelry, or key chains. Press the button and it says "I'm Pickle Ricccckkkk" and "I turned myself into a pickle Morty !"
Also included is a full color 48 page book detailing the story of Pickle Rick. Read about the animators discussing how Pickle Rick came to be as well as the full Pickle Rick story with fantastic images taken from the most popular episode of the entire series. Makes a great bead time story to read to small children or adults who are still children at heart.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What a great package and offer. Love it! Really like the custom coin door and shooter button add ons really a mice touch to complete the theme look. Your the man!

#1954 4 years ago

To keep positive hopes flowing a Huge shout out to the man himself Mr #KingPinGames. Rain nor snow nor pandemic will slow his Always amazing effort and commitment to keeping the pinball world happy! Fully suited in his Harley hazmat suit delivering a match set of three beautiful Rick and Morty's to my door. (Group purchase not That big a collector....) Maintained a perfect triangle distance compliance for a ballet of pinball cheer. Looked like "The Dorkcracker Ballet" lol 63-4-5 have now safely landed to be quarantined for Fun. Can't thank or say enough good words about the fast, friendly, and professional service from Christopher at KingPinGames. 5 Star distributor that always comes through. Safe travels my friend, I am off to a distant galaxy to hunt for more seeds to defeat this virus boredom!
IMG_5050 (resized).jpgIMG_5050 (resized).jpg

#1961 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I read that as number 63, 64 and 65.
Maybe I’m wrong, but I would think they are sequential and all built the same.

That is correct just felt lazy typing the extra numbers. lol

#2030 4 years ago

Feeling captive at home? Need an adventure? Come join us at "Anatomy Park"! Spooky thrills and a ride on the Whirly Dirly will get you back in the game! Adventure 3D sign with air brushed accents to make those bones pop. Park and mod open today for sale from our website store with Many other custom Rick and Morty upgrades. Thanks as always for everyones support and interest. What a Great game!!!!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#2031 4 years ago

To the start of an Amazing game we wanted to create a fitting launch to fun with our "And Awaaaay we Go" shooter lane Mod. Highly detailed mod created with perfect resin for the ultimate 3D look. Each is hand painted to exacting detail down to each planet. Launch into the next Spooky universe with our shooter lane mod available Now!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#2033 4 years ago

Maybe a better picture (zoomed out) so we can see the portal gun and your Mod might be good here.

Nice Mod’s!!!

No problem simple enough. Now back to playing!!

EFDC080C-88D3-44C9-88A0-915D9EB50F60 (resized).jpegEFDC080C-88D3-44C9-88A0-915D9EB50F60 (resized).jpeg
#2039 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

My only comment is that particular font doesn't appear anywhere else in the game so it doesn't seem integrated at all.
Maybe if it was done with the same fonts as "anti gravity right flipper, etc" it would look like it fits with the rest of the fonts/artwork...?

Fair input opinion. We were actually favoring a font used in the show for theme vs what was done on the Instruction decals. Just gives it a more Fun look over large font caps. Everyone has there own vision which is what makes it fun. Thanks for the input.

#2053 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Replaced my post rubbers with some Cliffy’s. Awesome! Any modder want to make me megaseeds and branches to mount on the top of the pink posts [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Already did. Lol

C3D9A751-C205-43A0-B968-D8402AF6C362 (resized).jpegC3D9A751-C205-43A0-B968-D8402AF6C362 (resized).jpeg
#2072 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Great news! Always nice when you see a company listening to feedback and making adjustments. Do we know what the last number they produced before the shutdown was?

Can't say for sure but my three games 63-64-and 65 to my knowledge were the last ones to leave as they were the last on the line as of last week.

#2105 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is the right orbit to inner orbit supposed to return to the upper right flipper (when it doesn't go to the garage)? It looks like it goes to the spot below the Meeseeks target, is there a switch there?
Would closing the inner orbit fix this?
Here's an example: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/591359240?t=02h44m28s

Mine does the same. I would however Not close or change that orbit any for that return as the loop clockwise is already hard enough and that is the primary shot for that orbit. I Have however considered Trying a larger diameter rubber on the end of that loop in hopes a counter clock orbit shot would ride the rail and effectively bounce up off that rubber and more towards the flipper or at least a bit higher then going to outlane.

#2112 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

For those who didn't catch it, Jack Danger was able to hit the loop twice in a row AND then hit the garage shot, all within a few seconds! Those shots deserve some kind of ultra-super-combo bonus or something... lol. His reaction is also quite funny...
https://clips.twitch.tv/OpenAliveMeerkatBloodTrail

Ok but for statistics he also rattled it in the same loop 25 times the other 4 hours. Just Kidding around (a bit). Having played it a hundred or more times now there is no question it Is a makable shot but there is also No disputing it is a tough shot. More of a "Wow I did it" shot which some may like, some not so much. I have done some adjustments but still have not found perfect mend for smooth yet.

#2117 4 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

He also said he removed 4 screws at the begin of the stream, fwiw. I will also be removing those screws from mine when i get it one sunny day!

That does help a bit on the garage shot no question. Actually the way DocQuest wrote up the rail move seems to help the most on that shot. Aligning the over elevated rail over the top right flipper was probably the most noticeable improvement for me. That lets the ball roll Most of the flipper vs jumping past 1/2 of it making those shots tough. As for the center spinner loop... That’s still a “oh my god I did it” kind of shot no matter how you move things. Still making adjustments as others have noted (Whysnow?) but not so sure it’s ever going to be a multi-loop kind of smooth setup. Hoping, just not optimistic. Still a Great game No question just aggravating that a key geometry just seems off in my view. When the masses actually get to play this game I suspect this will come up more often. For now Any tuning feedback will Certainly help those down the path later.

#2140 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would like to see either a modification or aftermarket option for a wireform end like this with some modification.
Basically so the ball hits 2 wires and the end. The top wire is slightly closer and directs the ball consistently down to shot delivery.
The wires that the ball rolls on and the single stop ring will need adjustment over time and allow for some inconsistency/ need for tweak by end user based on the pitch and level of their game and shooter delivery speed.[quoted image]

That or a rubber sleeve would have been ideal. The Bend trick seems to work for about 10 games then it either over shoots or returns back down the lane again. Rather thin wire used on the rail.

#2144 4 years ago

More R&M fun. The Floating Eye see's All Morty! A simple yet detailed mod to add some additional dimension to this amazing game. Floating above the playfield to keep an Eye on you! Custom glass eye with airbrushed detail for a great look. Additional details and options available from our website.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#2151 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

whysnow how does your right orbit to inner orbit shot return, yours is set up quite well... Does it return to right flipper or next to the Meeseeks target?

Not sure if this will help but by design the loop exit is directly at the Meeseeks target on a Full speed straight line. As the playfield is sloped downward with gravity added it will by design not hit the flipper.

IMG_5131 (resized).jpgIMG_5131 (resized).jpg
#2157 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

by design it was supposed to go to flipper tip/ general area.
Again, I think all that matters is it does not go to outlane. That shot is not intended to be a repeatable return to flipper that you slap back to spinner or anything.

Agreed. Was just answering the, "does it return to the flipper" question. At high speed I can sometimes catch the tip of the flipper but otherwise not which seems correct.

#2255 4 years ago

Maybe the mod couple can offer it separately with a small discount?
In thinking the same and would order it to install this way too.

We will have the bobble head only option by late tomorrow. Needs to have a mount. Simple enough.

#2274 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

There isnt a traditional ramp standoff in back. The back of the ramp has a tab that inserts into a slot in the back panel to support the ramp. However there is a screw in the back right corner for the right corner plastic. You could attach a wire to that screw and have it go up from there.[quoted image]

We have this second option done and it mounts to the center tab and maintains the spring (covered) so it still has the movement previously designed. Should have pics up when I return tonight.

#2280 4 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I'll be tearing it down again before Saturday's stream to do some additional tweaks and will get better pics showing the changes I made to post here. Not for the faint of heart as old screw holes are visible.

Part of me is hopeful this works, part not as I suspect this drastic change may prove needed. I did not post pics as I did Not want to promote drastic changes but last week I removed the post right of the Meeseeks target and slide the rail All the way back over a half inch basically to the edge of that target now. Confident nobody would want to make that crazy change but I will say I can loop that inner loop almost blindfolded now repeatedly. lol Again, NOT something most would want to do just a simple experiment to see What If....

#2283 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Im not sure I get what you are saying. Are you talking about the rail behind and parallel to the third flipper?

No. The inner loop rail (with spinner). Pulled the post at end (right side of target) and pushed the rail All the way back.

#2285 4 years ago

Basically most modifications to the rail will expose some wood. Watching the Troz stream again I’m going to try what he did on that game. Great video and his setup seems really good and a fair middle ground. Really appreciate the great stream. Hope you can share the pics of your final modifications as that will save many some guess work.

#2291 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Nice! You work fast.

Sorry took me an extra day I hate to be a tease.... I'm sure like most Family has been our primary focus lately so sneaking off to play pinball at night has been a challenge. Added a second variation that still has all the spring bobble motion we wanted in the previous design.

Private rant as the family is out. SOO love having my grandkids home for this quarantine but if I have to hear the "Baby Shark" song one more time I'm going to go Bonkers! lol

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
#2292 4 years ago

As I had to get away from watching Elmo with my grandkids I thought I would contribute a How To DIY on how to adjust the RM loop shot. Note this is a take off from the others that contributed to details in this group thread I am simply documenting this along with some detailed photos to hopefully help others. I will say, with these (2) adjustments which are Really not that tough to do and the game now shoots Perfectly with NO rattle missed loops. Its Fricken Mortyriffic now!! And awaaaaaaay we go!!!

1 The green photo shows what is currently stock which while minor is a bit to much of a right turn then an arc. To start the left ramp needs to come off (2 Phillips screws) as well as the plastics covering that rail. Second photo shows what needs to be adjusted.
2 In order to get a Full smooth arc you will need to loose the Black sleeve standoff so the rail can Fully reach all the way back. Really not a big deal as this post simply holds the plastic up and is not seen otherwise. Not needed. Just install post back to same height using the removed black sleeve as a height guide.
3 Remove All 4 hex head wood screws from the rail to start repositioning it. As the rail is a soft 304 stainless it is rather easy to mold Slowly! Just a few tugs and it will bow nicely.
4 This part May worry some but it REALLY isn't that bad!! The first rail mount tab as well as the third tab location will need to be drilled. Scarryyy. lol A 1/16" drill is all it takes. Basically the rail needs to be slid back to touch the bulb at the end position And at the spinner. Both of those holes will be moving back just over 5/16" of an inch. The bulbs really are your guide. You will also see how removing that black post gives you a Lot more arc! I personally did Not drill a hole in the 2nd tab and simply left that screw out.
5 The now finished loop transitions Very smoothly with No sharp turns.

This is step 1! The next step is the actual flipper to Get the ball into this now awesome looping galaxy!

IMG_5184 (resized).jpgIMG_5184 (resized).jpgIMG_5185 (resized).jpgIMG_5185 (resized).jpgIMG_5186 (resized).jpgIMG_5186 (resized).jpgIMG_5187 (resized).jpgIMG_5187 (resized).jpgIMG_5188 (resized).jpgIMG_5188 (resized).jpgIMG_5190 (resized).jpgIMG_5190 (resized).jpgIMG_5192 (resized).jpgIMG_5192 (resized).jpg
#2293 4 years ago

Step 2 Morty fans. Now that the loop is as designed perfect, now we need to actually be able to Hit it like a sharp shooter!!! The issue as shown in photo 1 is that when the ball comes rolling down the outer right loop it doesn't find the flipper until it almost hitting Mid point of the flipper. That upper loop needs to (choke up on the bat) fly off the back of the flipper. Same issue is helped with the garage shot. If the ball is rolling and bouncing off the mid point of the flipper your angle/aim will most generally be off. With this Minor adjustment the ball will roll smoothy across the flipper allowing the Player the control of how to target.

1 You need to remove the long plastic covering the upper flipper. To do so you also need to remove the right ramp. Easy-Piesy.
2 That rail over the flipper as you can see is held by 2 socket head screws. Remove them. Also to get the rail to actually move back you need to remove the 5/16" post rubber they installed. Don't need it not actually sure why its there??
3 Ultimately you will only be using the end tab mount Not the other screw as there will not be room for it any longer and its also not needed. Sadly, even with the slot there is just not enough room for move the rail back enough. As you see in photo I drilled (yes that again) a 1/16" hole approx 1/4" back from the original hole.
4 Takes a bit of tapping with a wood block but you need to tap the tab of the 2nd mount Under the black rail. I used a small block of wood and a few taps with a hammer and it slid right under. Do as you like but it holds it very well. Align rail with straight block and mount using new hole added.

I Do hope this can help others. I personally have NO issue making Minor adjustments like this for a game I enjoy. Making these changes I will say Drastically improved our confidence in Cleanly making those shots as designed and fully enjoying the experience. Best to all and GOOO Morty!!!!

IMG_5193 (resized).jpgIMG_5193 (resized).jpgIMG_5196 (resized).jpgIMG_5196 (resized).jpgIMG_5197 (resized).jpgIMG_5197 (resized).jpgIMG_5199 (resized).jpgIMG_5199 (resized).jpg
#2297 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I’m sad to see that ball guide so misaligned with the upper flipper. That should be a factory fix. I tweak my games all the time - no stranger to making adjustments but to have to drill holes in an $8k NIB just doesn’t seem right.
I hope these become factory fixes before #386 comes off the line.

As do I for others but it really wasn't terribly difficult to change. The game is awesome and the code is coming along nicely just some early release build adjustments hopefully. If not I hope these details can at least help as it really changes the dynamic of shots a Lot. Really enjoying it now and don't feel as Amazed when I make a loop now lol.

#2299 4 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

My changes were very similar to Yelobird's. I just finished tweaking the game further and have everything I can figure out done apart from the scoop rejections. I'll have pics up late tonight for everyone to compare against Yelobird's.

For me, to correct the scoop ejects I added 2 washers under the three mount points on the scoop underside. Basically lowering it 1/8”. After lowering I Slightly raised the scoop hood radius about the same till it touched the plastic. Works perfectly now for me. Much different from when new. Good luck.

#2311 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

With all the detailed information on tweaks here, I am 100% sure that spooky will do their best to improve future builds!

I agree. Spooky is a top notch company and team. These really are not major adjustments and my bet is they will make adjustments as they get back to production. Before everyone jumps down their throat do remember aside from operator machines there are literally only a handful of private owner games out there where general tinker feedback comes from. Private owners just like to tinker lol. I would trust and give them a chance to refine production tweaks as they resume. Haven’t personally seen many instances where Spooky has let down a customer.

#2318 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I have a question. I have made some minor adjustments (removal of screws), that has made a huge improvement. That said, I still have the problem of ripping the spinner and the ball seems to get stuck at the top of the loop (under the house), and then it trickles back to the entrance. I’m running the most recent code. Anyone else have the ball get “caught” at the top of the loop. A lot of times it whips around just fine.

Always had that same issue when I was lucky enough to hit the loop. I believe from the original rail arc to much speed was rubbed off at the turn to successfully make the loop. After the simple modifications I can now enjoy the game and hammer that spinner as I am Certain it was designed to be.

#2321 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Thanks. I will take my modifications a step further.

Good luck. As luck would have it shortly after posting those modifications I am now masking up to Mend 2 other local RM friend games for Friday fun. lol To clarify a previous poster, No modification will make R&M easy... This game is kick butt lightning fast fun!

#2326 4 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

I don't think it's about making the game too easy, it's understanding that I don't need to be able to combo the inner loop 5-6 times for the game to be fun. I also understand that shots reject out sometimes, even perfect ones, that's just pinball. Scott's been designing this game for what, a year+? How can anyone say changing the geometry is what his "intended" vision was unless he comes out and says the final CAD was messed up or something and all the playfields were drilled incorrectly. Again, people are free to do with their games whatever they want but I can think of a bunch of "clunky" games that are universally regarded as amazing.

It Is possible what Scott designed is not how it was assembled? None the less the game is fun and sharing solutions so others can fully enjoy it is harmless. Don't think anyone would say this is a bad game in anyway.

#2330 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Can't see how that's possible, he seems very hands on.

Scott does not assemble games. He works at Pinball Life in a different state.

#2333 4 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

I guess my ultimate point is, I was freaked out as a lot of other people seem to be reading about all these issues before I got my game. I thought the shots were going to be impossible to make, especially if you're not Bowen or something. Just from my own personal experience now, the shots are all make-able (but challenging). If Scott comes out and says, actually I meant for the guide rails to be widened more and something got messed up along the way and we're making changes going forward than that's great. I just hope people understand if that doesn't happen and the game is as intended out of the box today, it's still a great game and every shot is definitely make-able.

Agreed. I Think much of the concern is highlighted as most if not All of the awesome recent game play videos (JD etc) have All started by saying they Made these adjustments and they are great players and it plays better. So needed or not the option is now available to the Owner to decide. All Good in my book. The forum is about Helping each other to make our own decisions and have a resource to see alternative options.

#2370 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Lol. I have a personal game coming later in the build.
I already assume spooky will have made adjustments since the first few batches. It is what they do.
I am merely pointing out that people moving rails 1/2 inch is insane. Totally their choice to do whatever they would like with there game. I sure hope spooky is not moving any guides to that extent. It is so far in the other end of the spectrum and there is a happy middle imho.
Initial games needed tweaks.
No game needs rails moved to the extent that some are doing to make the game much easier than designed.

Can you share Who you are referring to? I know my suggested how to was no where in the “insane” category in fact I moved them all to the actual paint line where I suspect they were Supposed to be by design. If by chance you were referring to my suggestions I can only say I have tweaked 3 games now and they all work perfectly now. For the record, none of these adjustments are a poke at Spooky. Simply a suggestion for others that may have issues.

#2376 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I would say drilling new screw holes ... but it's just from my observation of streams, and knowing what mods had been done to the machine in the given stream.
After removing the surplus screws, adjusting within the boundaries of the guide slotted holes, and maybe some minor tweaking/altering of bends in the guides ... game plays very well.
Only question, the rattling at the diverter maybe. But this looks like it can be made good with a well adjusted ball guide, but might also vary with playfield pitch ....
I'm providing thoughts and feedback. I don't have a game yet so no trials or definitive answers here.
I won't be putting new screw holes in my playfield, that much I know. Just me though.
Removing lights from the playfield because they no longer fit, to me is a distinct sign that things have gone a bit too far .... ?

What lights were removed missed that post? Guess you will see when you get your game and set it up to your preference. All anyone is doing is showing you what you can do if you would like to improve it. As for “just removing a screw”, it’s 18ga stainless steel not rubber. Removing a single or over several screws will not make it suddenly bow as a ball passes. Trust me I tried that lol. All good and loving the game now.

#2378 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

8th & 9th pics.
I think you'll find the removing screws is allowing movement you can't notice, but is there.
Consider a hard steel ball on a hard solid steel block. If you drop the ball on it, the ball will bounce. The energy is sent back. No real "give", but the material is still "springy".
Then the same hard steel ball dropped on a hard steel sheet, overhanging and Not supported from below (the impact zone)..... the impact of the ball, the energy, is absorbed in the movement, or "give". A dead blow, that doesn't "bounce" (or bounces Significantly less, at least).
By screwing the fairly thick ball guides down with many screws makes a "rigid" and less giving wall. It is firm, and energy returns to the ball, "bouncing" it off the guide.
Now take a heap of screws out so that some flex can absorb/store energy as the ball impacts, meaning it would bounce less on the guide (if at all), and follow it. The guide returns gradually after the End of Impact, with some energy gradually being returned to the ball on gradual return to shape. ie. less per rate than the centrifugal force holding it against the guide.
Someone else described it quite adequately a few pages back. Repeated here with different words. The impact is dampened, spread. There is a "time" consideration that varies too, absorption, duration, reflection, stuff, things ... Lol
I'm all on board with some screws being deleted, especially when it is endorsed by the engineer responsible for the game.
I don't think radical ball guide alterations are warranted at all.

I will say when you Have a game or Play the game in person removing 2 small screws will not do any of what you describe. Sorry, a bent arch of steel fastened at its ends (6” apart) to a board will not suddenly become a shock absorber. There are only 2 screws that can be removed there. Unless you are shooting a bullet at it I don’t think you’ll see the give you are assuming. You don’t have to believe or even try any of these suggestions but I can assure you every Simple (always easier) fix was tried. #Troz has even shown us great real world video to show it works. I choose reality over assumption personally.

#2381 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Same
I was able to fully tweak our route game without drilling new holes or changing overall game design geometry.
It may be needed for some to enjoy the game, but I do not believe that was the intended nor how it should play for my personal games.
It may be needed for a particular game because of how a rail was originally installed.
If anything, I think the root cause is inconsistency of rail placements on the first batches. Wonder if a dimple machine could be in Spooky future?
Seems like the proof positive way for a designer to ensure precise placement for their design and removes the ability for the assemble team to become inconsistent.
"Makable when shot cleanly and challenging when not" is my preference.
R&M was not intended to be a Stern auto-shot, where you can close your eyes and flip. I am 100% positive about that. The upper flipper shots were meant to be challenging to hit. Out of the box, they were all makable. With minor adjustments they are smooth and repeatable.
Some of the adjustments people are doing have effectively opened up the shot lanes so far that they appear to be double the original effective lane width.
Again, your game and do what you want. For me, that level is neither needed or desired and I sure hope spooky does not take it to that extreme.
Granted, I would rather play 10 games on a challenging game that keeps me coming back rather than a much easier game where the shots become gimmies and I make it deeper into the game each time I play.

I guess I’m just a little puzzled by your opinion “Flip”? In post 1769 You were the one that posted these diagrams of change which if you compare to what was done is Exactly the Same! Lol. Odd that your changes are the Same yet now you say the game is 100% perfect out of the box. Rather confusing. These are YOUR pictures lol.
4010F8D4-E0BD-40BB-A752-AF55509F94EE (resized).jpeg4010F8D4-E0BD-40BB-A752-AF55509F94EE (resized).jpeg

#2382 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I guess I’m just a little puzzled by your opinion “Flip”? In post 1769 You were the one that posted these diagrams of change which if you compare to what was done is Exactly the Same! Lol. Odd that your changes are the Same yet now you say the game is 100% perfect out of the box. Rather confusing.These are YOUR pictures. [quoted image]

#2389 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Same
I was able to fully tweak our route game without drilling new holes or changing overall game design geometry.
It may be needed for some to enjoy the game, but I do not believe that was the intended nor how it should play for my personal games.
It may be needed for a particular game because of how a rail was originally installed.
If anything, I think the root cause is inconsistency of rail placements on the first batches. Wonder if a dimple machine could be in Spooky future?
Seems like the proof positive way for a designer to ensure precise placement for their design and removes the ability for the assemble team to become inconsistent.
"Makable when shot cleanly and challenging when not" is my preference.
R&M was not intended to be a Stern auto-shot, where you can close your eyes and flip. I am 100% positive about that. The upper flipper shots were meant to be challenging to hit. Out of the box, they were all makable. With minor adjustments they are smooth and repeatable.
Some of the adjustments people are doing have effectively opened up the shot lanes so far that they appear to be double the original effective lane width.
Again, your game and do what you want. For me, that level is neither needed or desired and I sure hope spooky does not take it to that extreme.
Granted, I would rather play 10 games on a challenging game that keeps me coming back rather than a much easier game where the shots become gimmies and I make it deeper into the game each time I play.

Ok, Last try here lol. #Whysnow I have not made any statements or claims that you were not telling the truth. I don't Think that is your intention to help. Is it Possible however that (you had an earlier game) that your view and opinion is based on something Different then WE are receiving??? For clarity (and the engineers of the group) Here is a picture of YOUR rail (with your suggested moves) along with OUR games in green (Stock Unmodified!). Please focus on the Primary end screw and tab location by the bulb. You either Moved that screw hole location OR your game had the hole drilled at Least 5/16" back further! Look clearly at the slot and where your tab meets bulb and how close it is to the square ramp cutout. Yours is Clearly Way further back And almost touching the bulb. SOO, is it Possible your game is NOT what we are getting and Maybe not correct?? I am fine with saying your may be ok (even though you did a write up to move the rail) but I can assure you the games are Not the same hole locations. Or you moved it! Can we at Least agree, Your game is Different!!! Also notice where Our rail lines up with the Paint compared to yours..... Possible???
IMG_5184 (resized).jpgIMG_5184 (resized).jpgsnow (resized).jpegsnow (resized).jpeg

#2394 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Having a game or not is irelevant to the question at hand. Take a chill pill there, bud.
I've paid for a game. Pull your head in.

So with your engineer view, can we agree that the #whysnow game Hole is in a Completely Different location to the (3) games we have? Seems pretty obvious to me?

#2399 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wholey shit, lol.
I used pictures of games that others posted and drew lines on them.
You guys need to settle down with your conspiracy theories.
I did NOT drill any additional screw holes.
You guys can get really weird at times. Lol

That was from Your post? What conspiracy are you talking about. So even with your pictures you don't think its Possible that game is different? Honestly trying to back you that you think your game is fine possibly because it is Different.

#2402 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I shouldn’t be getting in this fray; the hardware is not my end really, BUT ...
In the case of the garage shot, if you pull screw 2 and 3 the next attachment point is very far in the back and it 100% becomes a shock absorber.

Totally agree on that rail. No question as its very long and that does help. We are discussing?? the center loop.

#2404 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Tbh I haven't followed that aspect of the discussion just yet? .... I was just pointing out that from my observations of stream gameplay, which is no less visibility of flow than real life, just removing the screws alone makes sufficient improvement. That's observation of what happened. The part that is my view, is that it is enough (just removing the screws) to be playable/enjoyable. To me severe alterations, like in the order of half an inch, are "hacks".
If people reason that they want to drill new holes wherever, it is their option to do that. I will just go with the holes provided by Spooky.
I'd have to try to understand what the point is around the image you're talking about ....

Who cares about stream play. In those photos were both games layed out the same or not?

#2410 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Wow, that is interesting. yelobird thanks for sharing!

Just trying to help others. I tap out. lol Going to watch the Troz gameplay video tonight and see if I can figure out how he gathers so many dam seeds!

#2416 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I'll be live in a little over an hour if you want to watch there

Absolutely! And sincerely thanks for doing these videos. Not sure if you've done others but you have a good layout, play Way better then I do, and you share some really valuable game detail which is very helpful. Thanks!!

Do you know what code you will be playing on? I am downloading 3/17 now not that I can play along but just so I am roughly on the same page...

#2420 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just going to say that I spent the last couple hours making the adjustments to the loop (pulling out the rail to make it more round and add more curvature, which does include drilling new holes) and I gotta say, its 100% worth it. Not only does it open up the loop shot a bit, it also makes the loop really smooth.
If Spooky can do this while assembling future games, that would make new owners very happy. Plus, no visible screw holes. This game is no longer as frustrating anymore. Now it's really just me playing better vs the game rejecting loop shots.
I would certainly recommend current owners doing this.
Thanks again Troz and yelobird

Awesome congrats. Will say the only negative for me on this game is how Lightning fast it is. Frick!! Not sure what other Average players are getting on this but for me embarrassingly I have taped out just over 6 million. Some games I simply feel like the ball is moving twice as fast lol. Also, old guy question.... At a sound level of just 4 this game (in a good way) rattles the glasses on the bar. Just how loud do most play?? Rather fun now and Really can't wait to see how code progresses granted whats there seems more then solid.

#2421 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

For all you guys drastically changing your loop rail, make sure your loop switch above the spinner still registers roll-bys

Nothing drastic and the switch is on the Inner right side of the loop which is unaffected by correction.

#2424 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yes, but people are pulling the outside rail away, which changes the arc and path of the ball. I’m just saying you should make sure that as the ball rolls on that outer rail it still activates the switch. Software needs the ball to register there in either direction to work right.

Yep. Perfectly centered now. Actually got my First super spinner award and hit it finally. Loving it.

#2428 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Good advice on the switch, but the rail has not been moved that much. Switch works perfectly. I still get some rattlers at the top and figured out that if I hit the loop wrong (speed and angle) the rail near the top of the loop causes the ball to rattle due to the angle it hits the rail at. The ball then stops and rolls backward because it doesn’t make it far enough around. It should be noted, this was much worse before the adjustments were made.
I didn’t do this to make the game “easier”, but more enjoyable. From the sounds of it, the install of the rails can very slightly, which will definitely change the physics of how the game works. I feel I just made it work how Scott wanted it. It’s still a hard shot and I get plenty of rejects. This has taking me several hundred games to get good at, along with the tweaks. I can’t wait for the new code!

I look forward to your review of the upper loop. Thanks for sharing.

#2443 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Umm ... by making the spinner shot to Charge Portal a Gimme. Next question.
How about if Spooky just make it an option.... one layout for pinballers, and the optional "easy" layout for any seal flippers that want a gimme game....
I trust the Spooky team to analyse the thread and other info, be it sense or nonsense ... make any changes they see fit, and deliver us/me another fantastic game!

Why is it you make this so personal? We are trying to help?? You are free to have your opinion but WE have games so I suspect our facts might be of a bit more value. No? You disagree, thats fine. Really odd how defensive you are about factual help. Not one person said anything bad about the game or company. I sincerely hope Spooky makes minor changes to the build so you don't have to do anything.

#2444 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I noticed the same and my guess was from the ball hitting the edge of the exposed ball guides which was the other reason I chose to move the rails, to put them behind rubber posts.

Want to be cautious with suggestions on this thread but... Yes I suspect the primary cause is Was the 3 exposed rails. Mine (have photos for the facts people) all stuck out 3/8" or more. Also while minor I am rather amazing most of the rails appear to be cut on a CO2 laser and the top edge has a crazy sharp burr. Could just be our games and I would guess unless the ball rode up the rail a bit it wouldn't be an issue but just an observation. Fun to clean them though with that edge. lol.

#2450 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I noticed the same and my guess was from the ball hitting the edge of the exposed ball guides which was the other reason I chose to move the rails, to put them behind rubber posts.

Thanks for sharing another Great gameplay stream! You have clearly mastered that game and have some great skill. Really appreciate you doing these. Hoping to see 60 mill games some day lol.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/602420202

#2459 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Troz’s videos are outstanding. The resulting setup is how I want my game to play, it shoots effortlessly. The game plays smooth and fast and has Way more flow than I realized. While he is a top notch player, I really enjoy his commentary during play. He “calls” his shots beforehand and then explains what went right or wrong with the results. IEPinball has become my goto R&M streamer and I have enjoyed watching the code unfold. This is an incredible game that feels very complete.

Completely agree. Not sure I ever seen game play vids from him in the past but he really offers a good tutorial while showing some rather skillful play. Learned a lot about the rules that last session. Do hope Karl will continue as code updates progress.

#2464 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Couple of thoughts unrelated to ball guides and hole drilling, I didn't really understand how megaseeds factored into the rules and structure of the game until I started playing it but I think it's one of the best parts of the rules by far. The modes are great but even the best mode can start to get repetitive over time. Collecting megaseeds is so damn addicting though. It also makes going to different dimensions more than just a novelty and adds so much to the replay-ability factor. I am also really digging how the antigravity gun isn't just a gimmie ball save like other "magna" save type setups. At first it was a little frustrating because you're used to just enabling a magna save and it saving the ball everytime. That is definitely not the case with this one but it adds a whole other layer of skill.

Agreed. Been playing lately with a primary focus on just collecting seeds. Still working on better use of the magnasave but I am starting to get the hang of it. Do love that it’s not just a grab magnet. Well setup.

#2472 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

If you have a device like an android box or a smart tv, just go to twitch app and watch them.
I watched this after the fact on my big assed tv on my Nvidia Shield. great streams

Ok, older guy question. Do you have to subscribe to the show to know when new content is up or is it just shared via post? Not familiar with Twitch.

#2475 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

If you have an account and hit "Follow" you can have it send notifications to your phone or email when a stream goes live. Subscribing has its own benefits but that is not one of them.

Thanks, didn’t know that. Tried signing up for twitch before and the amount of spam email was off the chart. Will give it another try thanks.

#2481 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Quoted from TigerLaw:
The first production game has been delivered. Club thread now opened. Abide by club thread rules, keep drama in the hype thread and out of this thread. Stay upbeat and positive. Thanks

Just ignor it and Eventually he will find some other crusade. Lol. On that, have you tilted the game Yet?? Funniest tilt in all of pinball!

#2491 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

You say that as if I'm the only person that enjoys a challenge... Lol
You're right... time to -Ignore-
I've said my bit. I'm sure others may have thought about it too, except they're probably smarter than me, and know not to get into debates about academic issues, discussing nonsense, with some whom proclaim to know no better than The Design(er), or science.
Okay then. Carry on

All good. Dam Awesome game no matter how you set it up. Need to watch a few more vids to better understand the multiplier.

#2493 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Good meeseeks X is 1+ total number of active meeseeks (good or bad, as long as the one on the shot is good).
Bad meeseeks / is 1+ total bad meeseeks.
Examples:
2 good active, shot is 3x
1 bad, 2 good active, shot with good is 4x, shot with bad is divided by 2
2 bad active, shot is divided by 3
Multipliers re-adjust after each shot with a small lag.
The light display above the flippers should always shoe you current values of both, but the good indication has some errors in the current release and may not always be accurate.

Thanks Eric!! Ok I am a bit slow on the good vs bad Meeseeks? I think that is what was tripping me up if anyone knows.

#2500 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

To clarify the good vs bad - they all start good. After a set amount of time, if you haven’t collected them, they got bad’ (like in the episode) and their light turns purple.

That’s what I was missing the light changes. Thought that’s what it was. You are the best. Need to practice much more. Thanks!!!

#2522 3 years ago

Does anyone know the rule or protocol for the Slam Save? Does it only give you a save if it hits that Mean pop bumper and high speed drains without a flip or is it somehow awarded? I have gotten it randomly but really could use it more often lol.

#2532 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone been game enough to remove this post and see how it opens up both shots? Obviously damage to ramp becomes an issue, but maybe a George Gomez style blue nub of death would have worked. Maybe even moving the post right up against the ramp.[quoted image]

That post really has no effect on the garage shot yet does well to protect the ramp.

#2546 3 years ago

Doubt the secret will ever be shared on How but I must say after a hundred ish games this Playfield still looks like new. No dimple debate needed just can’t believe how perfect these Playfields are. Love it. Some kind of secret Spooky sauce. Lol

#2579 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

No code for it yet. Correct. Do I need to shame walk through the town square?

Personally I find simply setting the game Volume above 5 is More shaker then most any game out there. Really impressed with the sound system on this game.

1 week later
#2638 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

My one quick game today was a good one.
[quoted image]

Man I need to learn how to play better. You guys are rocking some amazing scores! Dam

#2647 3 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Well son of a bitch....
Spent this afternoon setting up the R&M that I purchased from CP Pinball. All leveled, cleaned and waxed.
I went ahead and performed some of the tweaks detailed in this thread before even turning her on. I haven't even played a game yet; gotta get in the proper mind set.
Oh yeah, I found this lock sitting in the coin box. Pretty funny if you followed the ACNC thread...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Game looks great, looks like your going to have a kick ass weekend. Just a heads up this game plays twice as fast as most any game out so stay focused.

#2685 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I understand that asking opinions about a game in the club thread isn't the best place to get objective answers, but here goes...
I have and love TNA, I'm a pretty good player, and I like (don't love) the R&M show. I'm reasonably confident that I'll like the game, but my question is more about my wife.
She is a casual player at best. She has zero interest in R&M. She also loves TNA, although it's more about the music and lights because she's not very good at it. Is there much chance someone like her is going to like this game? All I see is how brutal/difficult the game is (not a positive for casual players), and most of the compliments have to do with rules (not very important for casual players) and theme integration (also not a positive for people who don't case about the show).
These days, most of the games I play are us playing together. I still play some on my own, but I'm more interested in getting games we both like, with some skew toward games I prefer. I'm currently #300-something for R&M, but I'm having serious concerns about whether this game is worth getting for the both of us.
Can anyone give me some Kool-aid-free opinions about this game for a casual non-R&M audience?

Many legitimate concerns. Fast play is an understatement lol. We have a similar yet possible reverse situation at our house. My wife Loves the theme and to her thats all she needs to enjoy it. I personally have seen one episode so I appreciate the integration but love the gameplay. I will make you an offer to consider. As long as you both mask up for everyones safety feel free to shoot me a PM and you can swing by (about 25 minutes away) and see if you both like it. Play as many games as you like and decide for yourself. I'll even provide some hand sanitizer lol. This is a tough game to judge or review. I suspect in just a few dozen plays you will both know your answer. We are home most of next week, just let me know.

#2691 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This is awesome. Kudos to you sir.

Just helping spread the addiction. lol This really is a game that need to be experienced in my opinion. The videos help but the content, sound, lighting, and code are so immersive you really need to play it to understand. Plus we enjoy meeting like interests in the hobby to share the fun. With that new code update coming so soon we are ready for the next adventure!!!

#2693 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I really appreciate this, and may take you up on it once things pass (which presumably will still be long before I get my game). We've been pretty strict when it comes to social distancing / quarantining and have had to turn down visiting my parents for their own safety. I would feel out of alignment telling my parents it's too risky to get together, but then I go to someone's house for pinball.
That said, pandemic aside, I'd love to make some local pinball acquaintances. I have a decent collection and none of our friends really care about pinball, so finding like-minds in the area would be nice.

Sounds great, look us up anytime. Looking at your collection compared to mine it looks like you’ll experience many new titles. Stay safe.

#2709 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

On topic side bar: Karl sent a picture of an over 100 million game (48 megaseeds at the time) to show that, due to a late font change, the 9 digit score didn’t fit properly in the box on the screen. Which has now been fixed back up. Thanks Karl!

For my code update you need not bother fixing that bug on mine. Doubt I’ll ever see a day when My high score won’t fit on the screen! Lol

3 weeks later
#3269 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's clearly different because by doing that you're ending your game and starting another. Death Save is coded to remain within the bounds of the game.
What's the deal with the lethargic pop bumper, though? I was excited to see something NEW being tried, but it looks like a dud. Very little ball action off it from the stream.

Didn’t see the stream but my pop bumper is more lethal then lethargic. Love it with a hate at times. Very creative.

#3365 3 years ago

I watched both slow-motion videos on super-slow motion.
The first video with the rejects shows the ball hitting the scoop's hood and bouncing forward like a backboard to a basketball.
The second video shows the ball hitting the curved part of the hood and going downward almost immediately.
This lends credence that maybe I don't need to use washers, I just need to adjust the hood.

For me the only reason I lowered the scoop was the ball would get hung up on that metal lip and playfield every game. Nobody needs to do anything but that’s why I lowered mine and haven’t had an issue since. Loving the new code.

#3373 3 years ago

Not to be repetitive but we played this game a few hours last night with friends over and the new code update made this virtually a new game. From lighting to shaker a completely new experience. Sincerely thanks to Eric and Spooky this game is absolutely incredible and surprising every time we Tuen it on. Really excited for others to start getting their games you will Not be disappointed. Side observation, (from a crappy player) the scoring seems to have been updated and balanced a Lot. On release code I would often get scores I would be embarrassed to post but now we seem to be getting further. Just Love it! Thanks and keep up the Amazing work!

#3410 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

No.

No to all of that.

Nice.

Dumb question from a non computer guy... when I did the install/update it worked perfectly no issues. Why did it need to be installed twice? Never seen that before? Part of me wondered if it was just a gag to see if we would do it lol. Just didn’t understand the double install.

#3466 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

You're not wrong. I just know that I'd never put one in a Spooky game because it would make it less fun to play. Does JJP still offer to do this from the factory or did they stop? If they stopped I wonder what the reason for doing so was?

Just an opinion from a R&M owner that has played a few hundred games. This Playfield is perfect and needs nothing. Not sure what Spooky sauce they used to make these but unlike most other games this thing is perfect. I wouldn’t waste money on plastic sheets or additional CC. This thing is old school perfect.

#3486 3 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Ooooooweeee! Even the topper fits, Mike! Congrats, wish I could be there to help break it in!

I didn't ask. I knew he'd open 'em both up and cannibalize mine for the best parts.

Or steal your bag of cheese puffs out of the cabinet!!

#3489 3 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

The game comes with cheese puffs? Yikes, this is going to be my kids' favorite game ever.
My oldest liked Taxi solely because there was a Santa on the cab, and Street Fighter II solely because there was a busted opto for a while that gave jackpots when you flipped, making her "even better than mom". A pin that has cheese puffs will be the stuff of legend!

Lol yes. Rather surprised me as I didn't find them until I had the game a month and decided to raise the hood. Odd but funny surprise.

#3498 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Will check them in the game menu shortly to make sure they are working correctly. Figured might as well update code first too.

Feel free to reach out if there is anything on my game you need to verify. Billy will be over tomorrow lol.

#3526 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

True, but I’ve got a height and a width issue. My ceiling is an inch too low to accommodate the raised topper and the doorway is exactly 29”’ wide. I think if I can sand to get another inch or so of width clearance it should go in just fine.

I have a 30” door (29” open) in my game room and simply removing the door and popping off the perimeter door stops (the trim pieces the door closes against) can fit most any new game through. Door stops can be removed with a small pry bar or chisel normally held in place with small staples or Brad nails. Simple to put back on and no permanent sanding.

#3537 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

What's the recommended way to hook up an external sub (Polk PSW10) to this game? Y-Splitter off the aux input? Direct off the cab speaker terminals? Pinnovators? thanks!

Curious, Why? This has to be the loudest and deepest base game in my collection. Turned up it will move other games out of the lineup.

#3564 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

No.20 received today! . It's been stuck on the wrong side of the Atlantic for a few months. Anyone thought about adding additional lighting to the topper? it doesn't really work that well in a dark room.[quoted image]

Beyond the flashing strobe lights that are already there?

#3657 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Any1 put pin stadiums on theirs?

Just an opinion but this title does Not need any of that type of lighting. In fact with all the amazing lighting effects they created I am certain it would actually subtract value on this game. Other games do as you like, this one Really doesn't need it.

#3736 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Kaneda just posted this on facebook..
I did this on TNA after the colordmd guys recommended it and have ordered a screen for my R&M. It made huge improvement to TNA for me.
[quoted image]

I must not be very picky. I actually thought the screen on this game looks amazing? Clear images, easy to read, and More then bright enough for pinball without glare. I may pass on that change.

#3777 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Mine aren't as bad as you describe but my right flipper gets knocked down by the scoop eject every time. I received my machine on Monday, updated to latest code available then, hold strength to hard but still knocked down. Charlie said don't worry about it, it's being worked on. I'm not quite sure why it should be in an issue in the first place though, it's far from their first machine, or machines built with PROC. Makes catching the ball with a drop catch impossible, something I did all the time on TNA.

Same here. Only issue I still have especially when it shoots out of the center VUK. Pretty much levels the right flipper. Tried moving the settings but nothing changed. Hope someone comes up with some advise on this.

#3834 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Thanks borygard & epthegeek , I just adjusted the flipper EOS's on my machine and couldn't believe the difference it made, the machine must be really fast at re-applying the power once the EOS is opened because any knockdown is barely perceptible now.

Thanks for the feedback. Will give this another look tomorrow though your result sounds promising. Thanks

#3950 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Any idea how many per week they are knocking out?

What are you talking about #zaphX? All games are complete though they opted to Skip shipping to Texas. Sorry. lol

#3974 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

That’s what I thought when I first looked at it, but I was wrong. That said, the screw removal doesn’t appear to just be to “add some flex to the rail” as I had heard it before. The arc of the rail has definitely changed. It’s now pushed back beyond the artwork and if you look where the original holes are, the are well in front of where the empty tabs line up. They just didn’t drill new holes to fasten down the new arc. The rail is solid without those two tabs screwed down.

Yep that will work. Pushed back just behind the art Definitely changes and drastically improves that loop shot. Way cool company to take feedback and fine tune assembly. These games are great

#3994 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

What is beer seal foam? Google just gives me pics of foamy beer.

Pretty sure we can come up with a more elegant approach granted I have not observed an issue myself.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsballygottlieb-beer-seal.html

#3997 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I took a quick video that shows the right ramp return with the beer seal in place and then i removed it to show the difference. Its pretty drastic.

Yep that’s a good bounce. Mine does nothing like that! Don’t recall, how steep is your playfield set to?? Seems like a single foam pad at the end would be enough to absorb the bounce.

1 week later
#4174 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

I’m wondering if anyone else is having issues with multiple balls getting stuck in the shooter lane. Just had two games in a row where that happened during multi ball and it wasn’t able to plunge two balls together hard enough to clear the lane exit. I figure I can up the coil power but then it introduces the other issues with the shooter lane exit. Is this just a code issue that needs to be ironed out?

My Guess is the shooter lane switch isn’t actuating properly or a trough switch. Should only be one ball at a time ever.

#4179 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

Thanks for the replies, will tinker with it a bit tomorrow. I appreciate the help!
I have had the game for a few days and I am loving it!

So what you said now is slightly different. If the first ball isn’t quite getting all the way out of the shooter lane simply increase the plunger power a few digits. Had to bump mine up slightly but it’s worked perfectly since no issues. Good luck.

#4181 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

The game is fantastic.
The only reason I’m not playing it right now is that my wife is hogging it.

Maybe your treating her to nicely and she likes the call out abuse? Lol

#4197 3 years ago

I don't know man.... I wouldn't sell it unless I had no choice and I really needed the money. But hey, it was your spot and your choice.
Sorry to say but you're going to regret it!!!!
BTW, totally kidding with the meme. [quoted image]

Don’t you currently have Your game spot listed for sale??

#4254 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffreeStar:

A few hours ago #8 arrived and we have been playing nonstop!
I have to give it to Spooky for delivering another HIT! First impressions: Incredible, truly incredible.
Can't wait to put in a few more hours tonight and dive in deep!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome congrats! You can loose that shipping foam under the ship for a cleaner look! Great game

#4293 3 years ago

Finally got my official Spooky Lemmy Ghost pinball machine key holder that I inquired about before the whole Corona pandemic started. Called them up last week to get this going again and they sent it out right away.
It’s awesome!!!
Thanks Luke and Kayte for getting this out to me so quickly! You guys are awesome!
It’s going to look great on the wall proudly holding my Rick and Morty key when that arrives (hopefully around November). My pinball room is in shambles right now because I’m finishing my basement. But, I can’t wait to hang this up as soon as that and my pinball room are done.
Only problem is I need more Spooky pinball machines to fill up the 10 hooks! Only 5 accounted for right now. Hmm... definitely TNA, ACNC, and maybe the next new Soooky???
Wife is hoping for Scooby Doo! C’mon Spooky, you know the saying; “happy wife, happy life”!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Sell me that T2 cover! Lol. Looking good

#4328 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Bad design.
Will probably fail a lot.

Not sure about "bad design", may be the wrong material or as this is the First report possibly just a bad part. It's pinball, stuff happens.

#4332 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Probably wrong material.
Plastic flipper button opto interrupters seem to last millions of actuations.
What are those made out of?
Can you get it in clear or white?
White wouldnt look too bad.

Materials have been suggested but again, as this is the First minor failure I think it might be a bit premature to redesign it at this point. Ship only moves a few times per play and minimally at best.

#4406 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Rick keeps bringing me Megatrons from different dimensions. (It’s pet temp hair chalk by the way, for anyone wondering).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just raise a paw if you need to be rescued! Lol let’s hope that dog doesn’t walk in front of a mirror.

#4479 3 years ago
Quoted from LoneStarPinball:

Woke up to a belated birthday present. #156 is now paid in full. (for those keeping score) Not sure how long between Paid in full, and shipping date. But getting excited. I've been avoiding watching reviews, or demos online. so as to not spoil it for myself.

You won't be disappointed. Congrats.

#4520 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

LOL alright, alright, you guys convinced me to add the plastic protectors.

They really are a great add on and unlike most protector sets (aftermarket) Spooky puts them on ALL the plastics. One add I would always recommend based on the very affordable price they offer.

#4571 3 years ago

A couple issues I've had:
1) The game became overloaded and ran incredibly slow. I had several things going at the same time (mode & multiball & meeseeks mania), and the screen got laggy and shots weren't counting. If I drained during a ball save timer, it wouldn't recognize the ball as draining and it would not give me the ball back. If I pu ta ball in the scoop during these moments, it'll hold it for a solid 30 seconds before spitting it back out. Happened twice now.
2) When the game was not in any modes or anything at all, I put it in the scoop. It popped it out and I left it go to the left flipper safely, only for the left flipper to not work at all. This happened twice like this, and also once in multiball. The left flipped just didn't work (I was not in Blood Dome mode).
3) The lights don't always work right. Sometimes the game will start and the speaker lights will not. Then after a few minutes the speaker lights will work again. Same with the pop bumper, sort of. All the colors work, but it will not light on ball one to show that a megaseed is available, nor will it light during the Pickle Rick mode.
Meh... it's a work in progress, right?

Did you address this with Spooky to help or just a forum vent?

#4581 3 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

Picked up #137 (butter cabinet) Yesterday

Congrats man! You finally got your awesome number and game! Will look great in your lineup. Appreciate the cool add ons you have created for Spooky/Pinballife!

1 week later
#4756 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That is incorrect. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have come up with the idea or requested it.
Perhaps you just haven't played every game.
Plus the thing is running commercials during attract mode so I kinda assumed it wouldn't be that hard to come up with another one.

Learn to play better O-din and you’ll see the match sequence less often! Lol JK! As the software continues to improve (at an unbelievable pace I might add) and the sequences become a bit deeper and more random I suspect we will have more then enough to entertain us. Can only Imagine where this code will grow over the next year as its close to perfection now and they are showing no signs of letting up on progress.

#4759 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You mean learn to play when I'm a little more coherent?
Darn thing's so entertaining as it is, I can't even look at another new game.

There are Other new games? None that I seen of interest? Well maybe HW that one is turning out to be great fun.

#4806 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Do you have a pic or a better description of how to do this? Do the zip ties stay in place when you remove the glass? Thanks

Yes. The zip tie simply acts as a plastic shim to compress the channel slightly so the glass doesn't move as much. After you tuck it in there you will forget its there. With the heavy base on this game soundtrack you really need a solution like this.

1 week later
#4961 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

yep, waiting for them to get on the line. there was a slight delay with the butter cabinets. Hold tight guys, they are on it. I can send out the invoices if you really want to pay, but I usually wait for the games to be "on the line" before asking for payments.

Thats odd??? You usually make me pay you all in singles and deliver in a brown paper bag at some place called "Pasties"?? Invoicing must have changed.

#4982 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Now that's what I call service! That's why you're the best!

Easy. Don’t let his head get any bigger! Lol

1 week later
#5179 3 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

I think the flexing piece of plastic is going to need an upgrade or redesign to work long term.
[quoted image]

Not a good sign. Would you know how many plays are on that game for a cycle count?

#5249 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

[quoted image]
Maybe One bolt in the Centre only would alow the more desirable flex pattern, less concentrated. Combine with some keyholes. Done?
Of course this could lead to cracking the plastic beneath around the one bolt hole, concentration, if bolted tight. A washer/rubber gromet, and so not firm mount might cover it.
Is it possible this is the difference between games where the ship Lasts, and the few where it Doesn't Last? .... Bolts Tight, rather than Relaxed?
I'm thinking those two bolts at the end need to be there for stability and to keep the end of the plastic spring from raising, but also need to have some amount of loose slack so that the plastic can flex across that whole "bolted" area. Nylocks holding that "loose" position.

Or.... just use the correct polycarbonate plastic much easier and rather low cost fix. I’m sure they will address this in no time.

#5310 3 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Any mods people are hyped about? I haven’t been paying too close attention as I wanna be naive to a lot of what’s been put into the game since February’.

I think we have a fairly nice selection of custom mods for this awesome game. All are available and in stock from our store.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-and-morty-custom-mod-collection-new-themodcouple

#5315 3 years ago

Yep, I picked these up from The Mod couple last week, now I just need my game to arrive so I can install them!
***The house is not for RM, that one is for Dead Pool, it’s the Hell house mod for the battle scoop).
Great mods from Dave at the Mod Couple!
Thanks Dave!!!

[quoted image]

And thank you for coming over. Always love meeting great new friends in the hobby! Even if they beat you at pinball lol.

#5347 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I have got one remaining that is finished and ready to go. Price is $53 shipped( if shipped within the USA). If you want it please pm me it will go to the first person that pms me. Can be left or right mount (I have left or right brackets powder coated in the same purple as the armor). I will be making more but it will be a while until I will be able to them. Anyone that wants one will be able to get one from me at some point , this one is ready now.
[quoted image]

Beautiful work, Love it!

#5381 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

11 every week. Have not stopped or missed a mark.

But No shipping to Texas because, well its Texas!!! lol

#5384 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Honestly I can appreciate that

Being honest, if my wife and I ever moved it would be Texas.

#5454 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's great. What was the solution (for posterity)?

He said change battery

#5461 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is great information to have in this thread for late night issues that may crop up when no one's around to help. I keyposted it.

To assist I will post KingPinChris's Home phone number for late night support. He will Love it!

#5544 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Had some fun streaming and learning the rules tonight!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/731691600

Great stream even if you look like a Hippy! lol Fun stuff glad your liking the game.

2 weeks later
#5920 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

I've got those giant sized moving blankets and way to many straps, I'm wrapping it up, just worried about how delicate the topper is.

The topper can be transported like that seeing as they ship the game with it on. Granted it’s only one plug and a few screws to simply take it off just in case.

1 week later
#6167 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

For us who haven't got our pin yet, what are you showing us in the previous pic???

The acrylic mounting plate cracked.

#6171 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

No worries, I believe Spooky has modified the design so this should be less likely to happen.

I simply answered his question.

2 weeks later
#6766 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Just throwing this out there, but would the legs/decal issue have anything to do with the holes themselves rather than the legs? If it was the legs, wouldn't they be pushing the decals on the front as well, rather than just the sides? I checked mine and all 4 are on the sides rather than the front. If you rotated the legs would they then push on the front/back decals or still on the sides? Has anybody seen the decal issue on the front decal?

Its a 90 degree rectangle box. If the legs are slightly over formed to 85 degrees (ish) it will pinch the art the same on all legs. I just add felt pad to back for additional shimming and all good. Sounds like Spooky already addressed the issue.

#6772 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Cheers!
Is there any more photos and details to be seen regarding the addon options?
Whats the inner art decal like? And target decals erc? Having difficulty finding concrete info besides the price
Morten

Consider simply looking at the “image gallery” at the top of this thread. Pictures of everything you’ve requested can be seen there Multiple times.

2 weeks later
#7214 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Well at least that rules out butter cabs being completely different. It seems the early machines had port holes?

Must say I think your on to something here. Good catch!

#7318 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Damn, is it interactive or just decorative ? Can it be removed without causing and issues to the machine software ?

A plug and 3 screws simple removal. Though simply moving the holes in the bracket you could move it down enough to fit.

#7337 3 years ago

Unless something changed I simple unplugged the provided plug and done. No cutting wires.

E8A7195E-5AF9-4E25-97E0-834047FA7288 (resized).pngE8A7195E-5AF9-4E25-97E0-834047FA7288 (resized).png
#7345 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Whoa. That looks so familiar.

Lol. Hope your loving the game!!!

#7520 3 years ago

Nah it should be fine. I’m sure I could’ve installed it the other way. Like I said I actually prefer seeing Rick’s face.
Sounds like you dislike Funko pops with a passion. Doesn’t bother me but I get it.

Looks great I can only Imagine how many hours your going to put on that game this weekend lol. Yeah, when flipped the Coaster is typically installed much lower on the ramp which is far more flexible then the formed top area. Looks great enjoy that Awesome game!

#7659 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Couple of question from a curious potential member to this club:
1) What's the best things about this game...?
2) Is there a family setting? I want my fucking 11 year old daughter to like it.
Thanks!

1 Theme and integration
2. Yes you dial up the percentage of F bombs in the software.

#7661 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

How do the F bombs get dealt with? I'm assuming they are bleeped out, or are the call-outs changed to eliminate them?

A bit of both. Depends how high you dial up the adult setting. They really did a good job on making this game friendly where needed.

1 week later
#8213 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

R&M acid trip dimension. [quoted image]

Ok do tell, how did you create that? Way cool. I would hang a pic of that in the game room. Hate to say it, now That would have been a great poster for the Spooky garb tube vs the club poster. Love it.

#8489 3 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Rick is in the house. Been having beer and playing all night. Good news I have tomorrow off. Game plays great thanks spooky and scott. Love the creative Roy deaths. Hilarious. And set swear level to 69. Nice guys. I need to still feel out the shots. I’ll be playing on and off all day tomorrow.
[quoted image]

Wow congrats love that lineup. Should be a fun weekend.

#8541 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

Nothin. I see a little bag that's been ripped off from the staples but I never removed that

They are usually on a Hook Hanging on the coin door inside.

#8626 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Mine was set at 29, so dropped them to 28, feel that same to me.
I see your ramps are prototypes and that you don't have the sprung steel flaps at the bottom between them and the plastic ramp. Perhaps that is why yours don't exhibit the ball launching behavior?

So most of the time my right ramp shoots like butter, but I had one wild ball launch incident this afternoon. I tend to play on the fly and so the ball velocity can be very high. I shot off the left flipper after the ball shot out of the portal and I think the ball was airborne all the way to the ramp (almost felt like a hockey wrist shot for the fellow Canadians), when it hit the ramp it launched straight into the air and landed behind the spaceship and got stuck there. No ball search or nudging could free it. Had to pull the glass after tilting trying to set it free.
Looking at my right ramp the sprung steel flap is convex-shaped instead of concave, which every other ramp flap on my other games and the left ramp on R&M also are (concave). So instead of following the contour of the PF and the ramp, it bubbles up away from the contour. I can even see the PF lights behind / under it when looking at it along the PF.
I wonder if the ball is hitting the flap with enough force to compact it and then it springs back and launches it into orbit? I'd say the flap might have been installed backwards to look like that... [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Don't recall you posting but what flipper rubber are you using? Stock or other?

#8645 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

After testing a bunch of different scenarios, we came up with a cover for the right ramp on Rick and Morty. Here it is if you need one!
https://www.pinballlife.com/rick-and-morty-right-ramp-airball-protector.html
Thanks,
--Scott

Fricken perfect and great price. Spooky does move fast to make things happen.

#8949 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Yep the two outboard bolts being tight is a problem. Leave them loose and sloppy, let the nylok nuts keep them from coming undone. Now the plastic isn't so stressed when the coil goes off.

Could you get the same effect by simply adding a small rubber washer? Would allow some give yet keep it from flopping around.

#8960 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Funny that I didn't know this.
I bought Odin's R&M. Guess that partially explains why I don't have any issues.

Well thats interesting. Thought he was going to die with that game.

2 weeks later
#9458 3 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

Yo fellow Mortys! (Morties?)
Flippers sticking up occasionally- requiring a double tap.
Thought maybe was the bushing but shaved it down and checked play carefully and no resolution.
Thought maybe an issue with the flipper switches but can't seem to see any issue or get them stuck watching button taps with pf up.
Happens left and right lower about equally.
Anyone else? Did I miss a fix earlier in the thread?
Thx
Mike

NOT saying this is your fix but I had an issue with my Left flipper and for me it turned out the coil stop became magnetized. Once fixed never had an issue since.

#9460 3 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

Whoa. Come from factory like that? I think mine did it from day one. Will have to check. How did you even figure that out?

I pulled the stop and a paper clip stuck to it. No major honestly don’t remember what I did to demagnetize I think I Googled it. Also check the coil sleeve could just be pinched.

#9466 3 years ago
Quoted from Vhex:

Game #404 arrived across the border in the great white yesterday! very happy to finally play this pin. this is my first NIB pin and 3rd overall, so I'm still a bit new to troubleshooting. The only issue I've noticed so far is the upper flipper has stopped flipping occasionally, then randomly started working again. I checked the solder and all seems well connected there. and the 2 stage flipper button seems fine as well. so I'm at a loss as to what it could be. its happened 3 times now, and for no longer then about 5min each time.
aside from that flipper issue I'm having a blast with it![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Check Right flipper button and refer to the posts on this topic in this thread.

4 weeks later
#10310 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What is a good off-the-shelf, bang-for-the-buck racing drone?

The DJI Mavic Pro nothing else. Love ours, simple to fly, folds up in seconds, Crazy range. Best I have ever used and the camera is amazing.

111222 (resized).jpg111222 (resized).jpg12121 (resized).jpg12121 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#10495 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

My son succeeded in smashing his prior high score of 138m. I think it's safe to say the pin is dialed in now!
[quoted image]

That is simply Incredible. Wish my son played more but even if he did our combined score time 5 would not be as good as your son. Wow.

#10602 3 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

Got some time on our game this weekend and what a blast. Great job Spooky. Hilarious, difficult to master and so fun when you get it rocking. Just like everyone said the theme immersion is second to none. A few friends who could care less about pinball, couldn't stop talking about it and playing it.
[quoted image]

Holly WOW what an awesome looking place. Just added to my bucket list. Well done.

1 week later
#10837 3 years ago

lol I was thinking this too. I'm also a teacher. I get critiqued maybe daily, and right to my face from teenagers that have no fear. Some of it is anger, but much of it is worth listening to. I've also had parents telling me they will sue me and taxpayers telling me I should be fired and replaced with someone cheaper, not to mention the thousands and thousands of online posts telling me what a joke my job is. Oh the joys of education!
But I digress, I think it's admirable that the Spooky team does so much to not only read the feedback but print them out and share with the team. That's amazing, and speaks volumes to their to be great. I'm on my 2nd Spooky pin and looking forward to adding a third because the company itself is more buyer-friendly than any other. The entire dang team from sales to customer service is top notch.
Stern doesn't post here. Neither does JJP, AP, CGC, etc. Spooky is the only one, and it's several people, not just one person. That's outstanding.
Kudos to the whole dang team!

Pretty sure I see posts from JJP and API daily.

#10844 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well I was about to take delivery of my Rick and Morty BSE, but the Fedex delivery guy wanted nothing to do with the snow. He said forget it, gave me a very hard time and left. I never had an issues with other pinball deliveries before but man this guy was a jerk. I was like if you know there is a snow storm, and we just got 8" and another 8" on the way, why the hell did you load this on the truck today?
I still dont understand why pinball companies ship during the Winter. its impossible to get them into the garage, impossible to set them up and almost got me into a fight with a delivery guy. [quoted image][quoted image]

Other then shoveling where was the fight? They only need to (and only obligated to) drop at curb. Were you asking him to move it beyond the lift gate to your garage? We just brought in a game Friday and I just used a dolly to rough roll it into the garage granted I didn't expect the delivery person to do it as thats not what they were paid to do.

#10869 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I doubt delivery truck can even get in the neighborhood oh well .
[quoted image]

Have you considered Shoveling? Lol. Street looks clear which is where they are designated to deliver. May want to prep the rest to start playing later.

#10889 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have an escalara I was thinking of using from the mailbox to the garage since I have accessory wheels it’s just so heavy I don’t think it’ll work well will use a simple Cosco hand truck

After you shovel ANY dolly will work from the street.

#10961 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My point, which you have a difficult time groking, is Apple's M1 Chip is freaking amazing (https://www.theverge.com/2020/11/19/21574057/apple-m1-chips-laptop-performance-intel-qualcomm-competition). Very low power consumption, very high performance and amazing battery life.
I'm proud to be a 20 year veteran of the company you apparently don't like. Have fun boycotting products from one of the best companies on the planet!

Thank You for making all those wonderful products. I personally don't Care how hard they are to take apart and service because who would have guessed, a Good product rarely if ever Needs to be taken apart. Who would have knew! Have the same iMac for 12 years runs like the day I bought it. Thanks.

#11042 3 years ago

For me, I was just not getting consistent shots off that flipper. I know the shots are difficult but it was way to inconsistent. I’m not a professional pinball player by any means but I know I at least have some consistency in making shots. There were times I could make the upper loop multiple times (2/3 or up to even 5 times) and then there were times I couldn’t make the same shot even once in a game.
I did this late last night so I didn’t play that much or long after I made the adjustment but I did play a handful of games and noticed a huge improvement right away. I was making the loop and garage much more and I also noticed they were nice smooth clean shots. I’m glad I decided to make this adjustment and I hope I’m right about the improvement. Super excited to put a lot of games on it now and can’t wait to see how my scores improve!
I hope...
Did you notice any improvements in scores after you adjusted your rail???

Looks good. As has been noted you can loose the post ring behind that rail that basically does nothing for further adjustment.

1 week later
#11260 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like it's time for Spooky to reveal their proximity sensor keyfob! Turn on your preferred mode just by standing in front of the machine with your keys in your pocket. Reverts to family mode when you walk away.

Thats oddly not a horrible idea granted complicated. Be interesting to see a simple flipper button code say (left,left,left, rt) to enable/disable. Any kid that could crack the setup likely could already swear anyway lol.

#11267 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The question was “how can we turn on adult mode easily”
I don’t think playing ability has anything to do with that.
My answer solves it easily. Say, hold the button for at least 5 seconds before pushing the start button.
No random child is going to do that.
rd

I like it. Kind of what I was thinking.

#11276 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

A few days ago, I mentioned my left ramp being installed in a less-than-optimal location (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/224#post-6156541).
Since I had the glass off, I decided to see if I could improve it (which I was fortunately able to do). I had to get slightly longer screws (7/8")...for some reason, my ramp was fastened with a 1/2" on the right side and 1/4" on the left side. I was able to scoot the ramp forward and to the right, which opens up the shot and comes closer to aligning/centering it with the Meeseeks insert/arrow.
Hoping this will open up the left ramp shot for me...definitely looks more natural. Need to play test to be sure.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I noticed those original factory holes (second set) on my game and wondered myself why they moved it to the left also. I'm sure there was a reason though not sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Trade
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=Yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.