(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,223 posts
  • 620 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Edenecho
  • Topic is favorited by 318 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211019_113853 (resized).jpg
20211019_113903 (resized).jpg
20211018_175048 (resized).jpg
20211018_180321 (resized).jpg
20211018_175101 (resized).jpg
DC0EC03D-6BCE-4467-9068-2BE00E162A14 (resized).jpeg
DED2C43B-2D0E-4A6B-B076-414F56562D9E (resized).jpeg
3EF70F80-E019-40EB-B669-BFBCB2865ED5 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20211014_213928795 (resized).jpg
PXL_20211014_211422041 (resized).jpg
nobadges (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
CB858300-9CCE-4C82-AB96-EE825AF9271C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20211010_004009553 (resized).jpg
20211006_104916 (resized).jpg
20211006_104911 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

83 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (1 year ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (1 year ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (1 year ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (1 year ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (1 year ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (1 year ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (1 year ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomGWI.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#184 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Time to get riggity riggity wrecked, Son!!!
As someone very passionate about this project, I wanted to be the guy to start the official club thread. This will get locked until the games ship, but then, it's on bitch.
--Scott

Checkin #107 BSE. Bitches!!!!!!
F6AD4AAD-BC79-4A8E-A24C-C616E221F3F3 (resized).jpeg

#186 1 year ago

What do the side blades look like?

3 months later
#2974 1 year ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

I got my final option selection email from Spooky today. I’m 109.

Me too! 107 here.

#3002 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Non starts are a cable or wire that came unplugged during shipping almost every single time. Already shot you an email with my phone number.

That is awesome service Luke. Speaks volumes about you and Spooky. Can’t wait to get my game.

1 week later
#3335 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I would probable just add one washer at a time until it takes the balls easily. (insert joke here)
Probably easier than rounding or filing the metal edge.
*edit - beat me to it

Had to add washers on my Snake on Metallica to get it level with the playfield. Adding a few washers to the scoop does seem a lot easier than filing the scoop.

#3336 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

loving the new RM thread name!
good one Scott
[quoted image]

Hope there will be a fake acid mode added. My favorite season 4 episode.

1 week later
#3728 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is there a stickied thread with current build numbers for:
- Config locked in
- Payment requested
- Shipped
I'm#162 and wondering how far off I am.

I just picked up 107 today.

1362E71D-A5D8-44D7-B2D1-7BDAA0D149B3 (resized).jpeg
#3729 1 year ago

Got a tour from the coolest guy in pinball.

42120071-7DC9-42A5-A8DA-44ADE28DD331 (resized).jpeg

#3731 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Kaneda just posted this on facebook..
I did this on TNA after the colordmd guys recommended it and have ordered a screen for my R&M. It made huge improvement to TNA for me.
[quoted image]

My screen on R & M seems fine. My TNA is a little light and I did adjust it.
What screen did you order Neil if you don’t mind me asking?

#3748 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

you need a control board for it also.

What control to buy?

#3797 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Getting back to the weak flipper hold power, is it the same for everyone? ( right flipper gets knocked down by the scoop eject )

We noticed this yesterday on our game. I let the ball dead bounce from scoop.
My son holds the flipper up to try and catch it. He was complaining the flipper was dropping. I took the glass off and checked the EOS switches which seemed fine. I then went held in the flipper button and gave the flipper a push with my other hand and it dropped back to rest. So I agree the hold power seems weak.
I also had a weird problem where the upper flipper randomly does not respond. Only happened maybe 3 times. I was going to check out flipper button today and see if it needs adjusting.

#3801 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Are you sure your upper flipper issue isn't just one of the dimensions? There's one where the upper flipper is activated by the left flipper button.

Positive. I started a ball in the shooter lane and it was not flipping. I don’t think the dimensions are active after a drain.

#3849 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Ive got a mod request. Has anyone found a good solution to make the right ramp flow better at the exit? Currently balls hit the exit bumper and rebound 3-4" back up the ramp which adds time and also introduces ball spin. Ive had a handful of instances where the ball will exit the ramp with enough backspin to crawl up over the right outline which results in a cheap drain. Ive found a cheap and not elegant solution which is to place a couple pieces of beer seal on the sides of the ramp (see picture). This makes it flow better and solves all the issues but doesn't look very elegant. Maybe replacing the current exit pad with a piece of drop dead foam or some other type of stop mechanism would be better?[quoted image]

Mine seems fine. How steep is your game. I have my levers up in the back high

#3933 1 year ago

No idea why but I keep getting balls stuck behind the garage when I make a right orbit shoot to the back left hole. It has happened now about 10 times. Anyone else experience this? Ball sits behind the opto. It is impossible to dislodge without a magnet under the house.

5A290BA4-5CE6-457C-95B0-70A23876DA68 (resized).jpegFFB04A82-7C5B-4976-A571-7D16E4BD9A15 (resized).jpeg
#3937 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Is the ball just going too fast and ending up airborne? Maybe turn down the left flipper power a hair?

Not sure. I can try that. It does seem to rattle in that area.
Is there a diverter back there that changes the path of the ball? Sometimes it goes into the spinner loop but not often.

Quoted from razorsedge:

Are there any parts look loose or missing?
[quoted image]

I have not removed the house yet to see. I was waiting for Kingpin to get back to me as he was going to check with Spooky. Thanks for picture.
Was it hard removing the house? It looks like there are 2 screws from what I can see on the back panel that hold it to the panel. Do you have to remove the left ramp to remove it?

Would love to take the house off and do some slow mo video to see what it is doing.

#3941 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

House is just 2 screws! super easy! any random skinny post screwed down behind the rail should fix it. We don't typically see that unless we lift up the game with balls in it but i can see it happening

Thanks Luke

Quoted from jonesjb:

I’m not really sure how or why this is happening, but from your photo it looks like the ball is getting stuck behind the metal tab. I illustrated in razorsedge’s photo.
[quoted image]

Yes, that is the opto switch.

I’ll take the house off and find out what is causing it. It maybe even the level of my game. I tend to put my games at a steeper pitch because that is what I generally see at tournaments.

#4012 1 year ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

No idea why but I keep getting balls stuck behind the garage when I make a right orbit shoot to the back left hole. It has happened now about 10 times. Anyone else experience this? Ball sits behind the opto. It is impossible to dislodge without a magnet under the house.
[quoted image][quoted image]

So had some time to finally fix this and this was my solution. I might be the only one who had this problem but it was annoying enough that I had to do something And it was happening every game. I ended up just placing a narrow post in the spot. It fixed the issue. No more ball hang ups. I just wanted to post about it if anyone else has an issue.

36C516A7-0F12-49F7-965E-5B8522AEFA70 (resized).jpeg81922FE1-6638-46B1-AAB2-19ABDB4922BD (resized).jpeg9493DE5F-6A68-494B-8483-0A2BB4E74B7C (resized).jpeg
#4013 1 year ago

Not bad

595DCB79-AE0A-4093-B6F3-A9A6408DE963 (resized).jpeg
#4017 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks Chris. I don't think its related to slope. That looks comparable to mine.

Nice score Tom! You inspired me to up my best score and I did but not by much. Unfortunately balls 2 and 3 sucked and I left an EB on the playfield. Frustrating end to a great ball 1.

Nice score Mike. I don’t think I have ever had an extra ball. How do you get EXtra Balls?

#4047 1 year ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Megaseeds! Get some!

Yep.

#4150 1 year ago

Pure genius

7B1062CE-25B1-49F5-99C5-CEF1B1E0E04B (resized).jpeg
#4154 1 year ago

Has anyone had the game reset on them while playing? I had just finished Meeseeks Multiball and was about to start a mode and the game reset.

#4156 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Yes, read the previous page of posts.

Thanks.

#4163 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Throw a blank USB stick in the game to grab the log so I can see if it dumped anything useful.
I’m on vacation this week, but will be back to looking at it Tuesday.

Will do Eric. Just had a game where I got meekseek multiple and the shoot Jerry sequence was going for over a minute as my ball was stirring in the scoop. It finally ended and eventually the game did a ball search. Scoop switch is working fine.

Have good vacation!

#4275 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Is it not conceivable for Spooky to offer a quiet fan as a factory upgrade so we don't wind up paying for two fans, besides having to swap them out and jeopardizing our warranty?

The fan is not that bad.

1 week later
#4431 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

How can you get into the beta program

Have you heard of the 12 Labors of Hercules? Let’s just say it is worse to get into the Beta program.

#4506 1 year ago

Love this game!

BEBD3BF0-6BFD-404B-BCB0-18AA4B7FE618 (resized).jpeg
#4562 1 year ago

Decent score.

F2DF98A4-7565-415D-8A08-B68DD18437E6 (resized).jpeg
#4604 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Happens on my game. It's probably normal as theres probably tons of spin introduced into the ball with a lightening fast shot and it whips around the horseshoe. That's why Eric put the short ball saver when a ball goes through the horseshoe to keep cheap SDTM drains from happening.

Happens to me as well.

#4626 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Ok. This was an easy fix. On top of the rail tab is a clear plastic post with a silicone ring. The ring was causing the rail to push to the right. I removed the ring and was able to adjust the rail perfectly straight. Now even super fast shots return to the left flipper.
My right side seems fine even with the ring so ill leave it in place. I'm glad I was able to resolve this using a physical fix vs. Relying on software.
Thanks for your help!

Cool. Going to check mine tonight.

#4774 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I dont have my yet and there isnt one to play near me.
So i can only comment from the peanut gallery.
A couple tiers would be excellent!
The battle as it stands can be a bit repetitive from what I've seen.
Something like on hobbit (5 tiers? You must be kidding lol) but maybe 2 or 3 so you dont play the same mode over and over.
If you finish a section it starts over with new objectives or a timed event.
But i agree lots of assets in play.
But it would deepen the game a bit and be epic!

Tiers like Pickle Rick (3) and Who’s Purging Now (3)?

#4777 1 year ago

Going to stream some Rick and Morty now.

www.twitch.tv/foxcitiespinball

#4781 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The thing I’m working on now is “Rick Potion No.9” - it’s the first adventure that will only be available in the adventure selector after you complete the card. It’s going to be a multi-stage longer thing because it’s kind of a “wizard” mode. Hopefully, we’ll eventually have more than one of those that you can only pick when it’s Morty’s choice - but there will be at least one for sure.
And the nice thing is, players that aren’t of a high enough skill level to get through the whole card can just set their starting stamps higher so they get to the selector sooner, so that we aren’t wasting time on content people will rarely see.

A8656863-5BC5-4E1E-BF9D-C6044DDFEA53 (resized).png
#4848 1 year ago

Going live in a few minutes with the new Beta code. Thanks Eric.

www.twitch.tv/foxcitiespinball

#4868 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What do the different colors on the Morty adventure card represent? I hadn’t noticed this before.

This is only in the new Beta code and not the public’s release.

Green = completed mode
Yellow = Free Stamp (mystery award)
White = played but not completed

#4873 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so... we would need to start with 0 spotted??? in order to accomplish a perfect 10?
you sir are an evil genius! lol

Not an easy task but definitely fun to try.

#4874 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I suppose I should make the ones you get spotted at the start (that aren’t green) also yellow, because they were also ‘free’

I would be down with that.

#4947 1 year ago

Such a good feeling when that bonus keeps going.

#4985 1 year ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Can anyone please post a photo of the knocker installed? I got one after the fact and want to make sure I’m putting it in the correct place and not interfering with the speaker magnets or anything
Thanks!

Do instructions come with the kit?

#5019 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well let's do the math.
We are 8 months into production. 151 is about_ to ship.
(750-151) / (151 /= 31.73 months remaining in production at the current rate.
Now, there are some problems with this. We don't know how many Euro/Aussie games went out. COVID took the factory down for a while, etc.

I think it more like 5-5.5 months in production. Covid took 2.5-3 months off their schedule.

1 week later
#5184 1 year ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Does anyone else’s video get super laggy after about an hour of play? It started dropping frames all over the place. I had to reboot the machine a few times to fix it. Maybe a memory leak somewhere? Hopefully fixed in a code update, just wondering if anyone else has seen this?
The upper right flipper even started to half fire a few times.

Was it right after Meekseeks MB? If it was it is a bug and be worked on.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomGWI.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside