(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2288 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I'll be tearing it down again before Saturday's stream to do some additional tweaks and will get better pics showing the changes I made to post here. Not for the faint of heart as old screw holes are visible.

Hoping to pick up one of these in 2021 and wondering if Spooky will change the holes on the playfield to make this adjustment or is this a step too far I wonder?

Btw love the challenges - ever got all 15 cities on KISS - never heard of a single person anywhere who has achieved this!

#2400 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Only 1 person can resolve this for sure and that’s Scott. I hope he chimes in one way or the other. If the guide placement/alignment is wrong it seems like a fairly easy fix. I wouldn’t worry about drilling new holes as I’m assuming they’ve already produced all the playfields and they’ll all have to have new holes drilled. I’m fine with just holding off until there is a definitive answer.

On an interview Scott said spinner was meant to be a hard shot so probably way harder than say Maiden loop shot.

Doubt it's meant to hang up near the top of the loop though.

1 week later
#2600 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If you turn on the 'Tournament Mode' setting, it puts the Adventures (and dimensions as of the next update) into a fixed order so that you can plan and play with purpose and a plan ('even though planning is dumb' - Rick) for maximum benefit.
The way the 'Morty card' thing works (again, starting with the next update) is that when you complete 9 adventures, you get to pick the next one. Eventually, there will be at least one (hopefully more) adventure that you can only get via the selector at the 10th stamp, but you can also choose any other adventure. You can set your card to start with up to 8 full, so you would have to play 1, then the next one would be Morty's choice. There's also a setting for if the 10th adventure is 'lit' immediately after completing the 9th. When you hit the scoop for the 10th stamp, you get an interface (think Metallica Crank it up kinda) where you can pick your adventure.

Guessing that also means big points and lots of risk vs reward?

Shaping up nicely

1 month later
#3234 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Nice little highlight from Bowen's stream last night: https://clips.twitch.tv/ClumsyHumbleSangHoneyBadger
Full thing available too - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/641526390

Always enjoy watching Bowen play.

Game looks like a ton of fun to play.

Is it my imagination but left ramp seems to have a ton of balls that don't quite make it to the top? Too steep? Flippers need more power?

#3248 3 years ago

I remember screws on my Rob Zombie ramp seemed too big when compared to Stern ramps. Had a similar issue from memory.

#3275 3 years ago

Go to around 12 mins 50 odd seconds - ball hits pop and goes straight into the horseshoe.

Seems to have plenty of kick.

Left ramp seems a tough shot to nail consistently though.

1 week later
#3822 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Mine does the same, good to know it's not isolated issue..

Weird issue.

I just took glass of a Stern game and held flipper up.

Then threw ball as hard as I could at the flipper.

It just doesn't budge.

There must be an obvious solution somewhere as flippers have been around a long time!

#3882 3 years ago

Watched slut dragon episode - man, it will be funny if it makes an appearance

#3960 3 years ago

One day I hope to pick one of these up as it looks like an awesome game with phenomenal theme integration, coding and rules.

I really hope issues like dodgy flippers and shooter lane mech gets improved though.

Game is shaping up to be a classic, that is for sure.

3 months later
#6590 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, they didn't cut the decal around the standoff so when it shifts a little it's bunching the decal and eventually digging through it. Maybe Spooky would want to do a running change for R&M from here on so the decal is cut short around the standoff area so it doesn't actually touch the metal standoff at all (which is what Stern and JJP do) to prevent this.

Had this on another game and from memory cut around metal standoffs.....is that the way to do it on any game with this issue?

#6624 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

After the fact, yes. But it would be better if the butter cabs or sticker art didn't run under the standoff.

I add these to games as just adds a bit of protection.

$6 EBAY.

A (resized).jpgA (resized).jpg
#6810 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Doubling up your protectors is the best solution until Spooky comes up with a factory fix (thicker metal protector). In my case I had an extra set of the stock plastic Stern protectors.-i swap these with metal on Stern games.
If you double them up the leg no longer touches the decal, whereas before mine made slight contact on one leg.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And on some games metal protector will cause decals to ripple.

I know on other games you have to cut the decal around protector so protector just isn't touching decal at all.

Then double up with plastic over metal.

I don't own this title but have had bad decal experiences on many other games!

1 week later
#7080 3 years ago
Quoted from lookyloo:

Thanks to those that shared about the legs pushing into the decal. I checked mine out (#238) and found the start of small wrinkles on the decal behind the front legs.
I added additional metal cabinet protectors (https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-cabinet-protectors-set-of-4.html) on top of the existing ones and that moved the legs far enough away that there's no chance of the leg touching the decals now. The screws for the existing protectors were long enough to hold both sets.
While I was at it, I added some purple nylon washers (https://www.pinballlife.com/pinguard-nylon-leg-and-bolt-protectors.html) to protect the legs finish.
[quoted image]

Over time it looks like leg protectors will create a ripple in the decals as in picture?

Often wondered if running an exacto knife around leg protector would stop this?

MB was one of the first games that had these issues big time, and then it was Transformers.

1 month later
#8706 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Glad to see they aren't following the deeproot subscription model. Oh and spooky actually builds games.

I am out of pinball for good, if subscription model catches on.

Or start collecting B/W games again!

1 month later
#10176 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Not trying to offend - I want the game, too rich for me to buy site unseen in the rush to sell out, I love RM theme, and I like Spooky games more than many games and I think Alice Cooper was an amazing game - just a game that seems to need a lot of tweaks to play right.
Yes - most games need tweaks - agreed.
Just a lot for $9K game - you would think Spooky could have fixed this on the later games to make it play right. With COVID I have not even seen this game to play it.
I favorited this forum and see a lot of posts of things you all have done.
The game looks amazing and has a great theme integration, RM is a great theme for pinball.

From memory it's not a 9k game?

Purple was around 7-7.5k?

2 weeks later
#10684 3 years ago

Bit confused reading some of these posts.

Right now thinking about adding this game, AIQ or GnR to my collection.

This looks like a great game and yes, lots of tweaking required - but as long as you get there in the end, that is dooable.

Then I read about PROC flippers falling when struck.

I played Cactus Canyon Continued - it has PROC and flippers were great.

Is this an issue that would make me put this game further down my list, if it's not fixable?

1 month later
#12313 2 years ago

During the great pinside blackout, I watched a ton of videos of games on my wishlist - R&M included.

I can see the modes look like they are great fun, but unlike the modern Sterns, couldn't see if there are leaderboards for each mode?

No idea what version code I was watching, but who doesn't love leaderboards?

3 weeks later
#13329 2 years ago

As a future potential owner I follow threads like these to make a decision what games to hopefully get one day.

From all that I have read R&M has the potential to be one of the best games ever made.

All new games these days seem to have issues and it's part of pinball ownership to work your way through them.

Bowen and Eric seem to have done an amazing job rules/code wise.

Seems like the flipper issues are super frustrating for all.

Will keep following as flipper issue must be fixable hopefully

Add wizard mode and this game candidate for an all time great ( actually there may be a wizard mode, not sure, may have missed it ).

#13400 2 years ago

It's all a bit strange as with all the technological advancements, the good old flipper is still causing a major headache for so many manufacturers.

Played most titles of the last few years and the only flippers I really like are Stern ones.

All the others in their own way, don't 'feel' right.

Hope you guys get a few more updates as it's so close to the finish line now.

#13574 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Ugh really wish people would stop saying stuff like this because it makes me want one even more...

Don't think there is a wizard mode if that helps?

But maybe there is still time for Bowen's first wizard mode to make it into the game?

This game is Bowen's first game he has developed rules?

One of the main reasons this game got my attention when it was announced, was Bowen and Eric doing the code.

#13577 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You should pick one up...I've seen a couple really fairly priced R&M's recently. The game is too difficult for some people and they are letting them go soon after unboxing. It's a players game.
I'm not holding my breath on an added Wizard mode. Love Potion #9 feels like a wizard mode to me...really fun, not that easy to get to and pretty deep. At this point in the development cycle, nailing the bugs/flippers is more important.

Just waiting to see Mando stream next week, to try and decide.

GnR was on the list, but not a fan of the code having watched a ton of streams.

#13727 2 years ago

At one time I was considering R&M or GnR and reading about issues here put me off , as there were a lot of negative issues.

Now though, GnR is off the list as no way would I risk it with the bubbling playfields.

Kudos to Spooky as R&M has one of, if not the best playfield in the business.

Most other QC stuff can be tweaked, but not poor playfields.

Looking forward to Spooky's new game which must be incredibly soon

#13910 2 years ago

I just watched the Bowen tutorial and see that if a mode is completed a green stamp is awarded, that is useful for the min-wizard mode.

Am I right in thinking there are no high reward completion bonuses for competing modes?

Guess I have played too much Maiden!

#13914 2 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Each completion (green stamp) gives a +1x multiplier to scores when a Morty Card is completed, which can be very big!
But in general we chose not to repeat what we did in ACNC with the completion bonus hurry up. There are some adventures with hurry up finales, but you kind of have to look for them!

This sounds great and I see now how this works in the tutorial.

A huge payoff near the end of the game.

Exactly what games need, and one of the reasons always found Tron disappointing.

Great journey but Portal has such a low reward!

#13949 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I wouldn't say that ...
"Get Megaseeds, Get Bonus ... GET SOME! Motherfu@#er!"

I forgot there is a portal in R&M and of course Tron!

1 week later
#14159 2 years ago

After following this game, got a chance to play for a few hours.

It's a ton of fun, and unlike any game out there.

Once I understood getting megaseeds from dimensions, it literally added a new dimension to the game

Finishing adventures was challenging, and I have to admit I was hoping for more fanfare/reward for completion.

I know you get a green card but never got far enough to use it!

Gonna have to pick one of these up for sure.

I hope more adventures to come?

Loved Roy - absolute stone cold classic

3 weeks later
#14798 2 years ago

Just watched Bowen tutorial again as it's so good.

Just wondering did the slut dragons ever make it into the game?

#14876 2 years ago

Thinking of getting a HUO R&M or may be an Ultraman.

My understanding is that Fawzma/Bug on Ultraman code with input from Bowen/Eric.

For R&M, is it Bowen 100% on the rules, with Eric doing the software?

#14930 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Spooky hasn't forgotten R&M. They've just been busy launching two new pins. They're not going to leave R&M owners hanging like Stern did with Ghostbusters for YEARS. Like JJP, they're much more responsive on code. Relax.

Agree.

Spooky aren't stupid, people look to the past to predict the future.

In years to come they will want to ensure this game has classic status.

Does the game need a true wizard mode?

I don't know, as only played the game a few times.

Still can't quite believe how quickly 1250 Halloween sold!

500 Ultraman was predictable.

Well done Spooky.

#15004 2 years ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

On the EB topic, is there a way to dim or kill the EB light? Looked through the feature settings, but couldn’t find anything. It’s to bright for my liking.

Friend of mine also said to me that the light was blinding and no way of adjusting it.

I suggested he cut some green mylar to shape and stick it on top of playfield.

He is very happy with the result.

Lights are not as bright but still look good, and added protection for the two LCD 'windows'.

I'll see if I can get a pic from him.

#15041 2 years ago

Hopefully joining club soon!

Looking ahead, see these are in stock.

https://www.pinballlife.com/rick-and-morty-upgraded-shooter-lane-wireform-kit.html

Presumably worth getting?

#15131 2 years ago

Moving on and even as a non-owner, I am curious if only one more adventure could be added, what is a 'must have'?

1 week later
#15281 2 years ago

Gamers apparently choose the IPS screens as they have wider viewing. Not my area of knowledge though!

'IPS (In Plane Switching) panels are generally considered the best overall LCD technology for image quality, color accuracy and viewing angles. They are well suited for graphics design and other applications which require accurate and consistent color reproduction. IPS panels offer the best viewing angles of any current LCD technology, with wide viewing angles up to 178 degrees.

All these benefits raise IPS monitors to a higher price range compared to VA and especially affordable TN panel LCDs. The response time of IPS is adequate, averaging around 4ms to 8ms with modern IPS technology. This is only slightly slower than TN panels. However, gamers should take this into consideration. Fast paced games may suffer from motion blur or ghosting with IPS panels that have a response time higher than 8ms.

S-IPS panels can often be identified buy a slight purple hue on blacks when viewed from a wide angle. There are currently few manufacturers using S-IPS panels in comparison to the other panels types making choices limited and they often carry a premium price tag. H-IPS is a newer variation of S-IPS with a different pixel structure that improves contrast ratios and lowers pixel pitch to provide better picture quality. New IPS panel types like H-IPS introduced a problem known as "IPS glow". The less obtrusive purple hue present when viewing older S-IPS technology off angle was replaced with a brighter white/yellow tinge that is harsher and more noticeable by comparison, especially in a dark room. IPS glow is the main drawback of this panel type and many users find it to be a deal breaker.'

#15299 2 years ago

Spooky has a new LCD going in next run of TNA.

Maybe in Halloween and Ultraman as well?

#15327 2 years ago

Played it again and it's really brutal, but tons of fun.

I didn't get to mini-wizard mode, 9th card?

It also feels like there are no really big points to be had unless you get to cash in on the 9th card?

#15331 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Big points are made by getting the meseeks multipliers and multiball. Otherwise yes, you can spend a lot of time making barely anything at all. I've had long balls where i look up and I'm barely over 1m. The additional big points are collecting as many megaseeds as you can for bonus at the end of the ball. Of course, that is heavily dependent on the score for that ball as well. Stacks on stacks on stacks.

Can you blow up an adventure with meseeks multipliers? Never tried that.

#15335 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yes, this is basically the way to big points. Hit the meeseeks as much as you can, and always try to stack the mania multiballs with both a mode and grofromlite multiball. Bang on the meeseeks box to bump the multiplier to 4x. All the shots become valuable, especially purple mode shots. Scoring a bunch of jackpots then cashing in a 4x super can be big.
Other big thing is watch which dimension you're in. If you get a 3x left or right, STAY in that one and keep it going as long as you can. If the portal gun is full, hold off on shooting the super jackpots til it drains a notch so you stay in the 3x dimension. The other 3x dimensions can be valuable depending on what's going on, but the 3x left/right are the cream of the crop.

Hopefully I will get one of these in my home soon, as there appears to be a lot more strategy than I realised.

This game is going to go down as a classic I think.

#15356 2 years ago

I was thinking about the code today ( which is epic ) , now I have had good chance to play.

I was thinking it could make sense to have a main wizard mode for a card that is completed with all green cards?

Just a random thought!

#15407 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Got an interesting local pinball story involving R&M. It's a bit of testament to what's happening in our local market lately with a plethora of bored overly cashed up newcomers turning up. A guy pops up on FB yesterday saying he's new to pinball and selling his R&M after two weeks. This guy paid OTT for one here ($13K) having never played one as his first ever machine along side a JP2. He doesn't even understand enough to know if it has the recommended tweaks(nor brave enough to even look into it), only that it has latest software. Meanwhile he quotes he (and his family) can't deal with the left pop bumper and doesn't like it as much as DP, IM, or TWD, all of which he has played and could have bought instead. Had to state the painfully obvious to this guy that you simply can't compare the way those Stern titles play in terms of flow etc compared to a Spooky like R&M. I noted it was definitely a game more suited to enthusiasts and getting to play it or even (to a much lesser degree) watch a fair amount of gameplay would have saved him buying one. Just one of those stories I wanted to share.

He should have played Iron Man first and if he loved it, chances are he would love this game!

#15488 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

It's more the design of the IPS panel with the large border on the bottom. Just doesn't fit in the metal panel without leaving a large gap at the bottom of the window. I have another screen on order that should do the trick.

I played R&M in an arcade with a bunch of Stern pins and yes, R&M screen looked poor in comparison. It may or may not have had adjustments, but a game like this deserves a really good LCD, to show off the amazing graphics.

#15572 2 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

They should add this song from ep 8.

Nice change to have some saxophone in a pin

#15668 2 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Yeah, yeah, yeah.. .and I'm almost entirely opposed to DLC as well. Stern's $600 plastic JP topper is gross. New games are too expensive already and ship with unfinished or incomplete code.
HOWEVER, in this case, I'll make an exception. Rick and Morty is already in a good state. The only incentive for Spooky to spend more resources on this 'old game' is because they love the game too and they know it's their corporate Halo game. So... I'm suggesting a small amount of additional justification for them. There are so many great, new shows and adventures..... the game could be even better.

Whilst every pinball company wants all its game to be classics, it's obviously not possible with the amount of competition - new games and existing classics.

R&M has a chance to be that classic, and more adventures etc will push it higher and higher.

People look to the past to judge the future, so it's in all pinball companies interests to keep working on code.

Reading between the lines, the code is still being worked on, which is good news for owners of the game.

It's so refreshingly different, and is already a fantastic game as it stands.

#15701 2 years ago
Quoted from macethetemplar:

Obviously you didn't read it.
Free and Open download like it is now. Those who don't contribute (EVERYONE) still get access to the DLC updates same as now for free.
It is simply those of us with money helping to fund it because it is something we want to see and nothing is free. If a few of us funding a theoretical Spooky Funding Campaign gets more levels for everyone its a win. Thats what crowdfunding is.

Maybe you are not taking into account that Eric may want to move onto new projects, and that it is satisfying to reach a finish line, and not see it being extended into the future?

It would 'appear' that more code is coming, as I suspect at some point Spooky will tell us the game is finished so that speculation does not continue forever!

#15739 2 years ago

I think a sequel has legs, but there needs to be a big time gap between 1 and 2.

Stern have just started making sequels.

JP is around 30 years after first one!

Give it a decade, wait for R&M to be on series 15, and then knock out another pin.

There are a ton of other themes to do first

5 months later
#16983 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

If only we could get an official answer from Spooky regarding whether we should consider code complete (new adventures, new dimensions, new Mortys). Not talking bug fixes and patches, I’m speaking to additional content other than “unused callouts”.
It continues to be asked, and the same dead horse continues to mutter back, “I’m happy with where the code is at, we should consider it complete”, but the reason it keeps being asked is because it was alluded to early on in this game’s history that there could be additional content added after the games are all built, and as seasons are released. Are we in for a treat, or are we out and onto the next?
Also related to R&M, when will there be a release of the much anticipated User Manual for this pin? No need for a paper copy, but having access to a PDF to reference should would come in handy.

I think if there was 100% no more content they would say.

Hoping the situation is that more content has been programmed, but it's not got through new ownership.

So, it may or may not happen and Spooky cannot confirm or deny.

#16989 2 years ago

How are people blowing up their scores, apart from the obvious of getting to the 10th card?

Curious to hear any strategies as most of the time it's hard to break 20 million!

2 months later
#17452 1 year ago

I guess Spooky are fully focused on current games.

That said, in terms of brand recognition, making your best game even better, is also good for Spooky long term.

Everybody wins.

Fingers crossed.

#17456 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

100%. Give us a number for a wizard mode that covers licensing costs and Eric’s time and I’ll pitch in a healthy contribution. I’m totally in.

Here is my brief idea to take it over the top!

1. Start game at adventure 0.
2. After 5 adventures, mini-wizard - potion 9.
3. Card filled after 10 - new wizard mode.
4. One more new adventure.

1 month later
#17760 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I get it. R&M just has so much fabulous code in it, with superb modes…having one hard to obtain wizard mode would be spectacular. Really, having one mode that was a multiball would also be awesome.
I get though, Spooky has moved on and is focused on what is on the line. Can’t blame them and R&M is awesome as it sits.

It is great as it stands but it does feel as if code development just stopped prematurely, which is a shame as it wouldn't have taken much to elevate the game to legendary status.

I don't really get starting the card starting at three adventures as it feels like a compensation, as starting at zero makes more sense?

Anyway sounds like it was more difficult to get things approved as time went on.

#17765 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

You do understand that the card stamps you start with are adjustable in the menu and a lot of us have set it at zero as you stated "would make sense", right? They just defaulted it at 3 to start to make Love Potion #9 a little easier to reach for new players.

Exactly.

It's been defaulted to 3.

I know it's wishful thinking, but start at zero, play Love Potion at 5 adventures and after 10, brand new wizard mode.

Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome game as it stands, but I do believe it could be better, but realise the ship has probably sailed.

1 month later
#17903 1 year ago

Possible bug/adjustment?

After Swifty adventure finishes and it says something like 'there's one every season'....

Volume of the speech is quite a bit lower than rest of game.

Thanks if this can be tweaked - minor I know.

#17906 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It's a shame... I recall there being aspirations when the pin was announced/released of including many seasons into the future. I wonder if the Warner Bros put a dampener on these plans when Adult Swim was transferred to Warner Bros Entertainment.

The code is really good but it does feel like there was going to be more, but it seems less likely now.

#17916 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I enjoyed my game while I had it but I sold it back in December. Such a great game that is just a bit off the mark from being an all-time great. Just a few more adventures and dimensions and it’s there.

Every pinball company needs an all time great in its back catalog.

This really could have been it, if it got the extra polish I believe it was meant to have.

And yes, listening to those close to the company, there were indications this was more than probable.

#17947 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If anybody has interesting ideas for other dimensions that do not involve licensed content in any way, I’d listen to them.
Consider them.
And promise absolutely nothing.
Edit - here, I’ll start: A multiplier dimension that multiplies scoring by the number of green stamps on your Morty card.

Been thinking about the green stamps.

They are hard to attain for average players.

Any chance there could be a greater reward/call outs when you get one?

Maybe get a green stamp, and have a bonus 2000000 plus single shot on a count time timer?

That would increase the adrenalin

#17970 1 year ago

A jackpot dimension?

#17986 1 year ago

Is there a knocker dimension where the knocker fires randomly or when you hit a shot?

1 week later
#18171 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If there was a “1 adventure challenge mode” - should it only be playing for adventure points/shots and nothing else works? Or score normally? — end when the adventure ends? Or when the ball drains normally? If waiting until a normal drain - do you let the player earn/start another adventure? Extra balls?
Decisions, decisions.

Think it would be cool to have one adventure, nothing else working, points only.

One ball.

Who can score the most points until adventure ends?

Challenge ends when adventure completed and/or after a set amount of time.

#18200 1 year ago

Love the idea of dollar games.

Would love to see if you can implement a speed run, and have a leaderboard for fastest times.

Not sure which adventure would fit the best, but it only needs to be 1 - 2 minutes.

Going head-to-head for a fastest time really gets the adrenaline pumping!

1 week later
#18296 1 year ago

Got no problem waiting a week or so for the challenge modes as they sound exactly what a R&M game needs

Super deep games are all well and good, but many owners ( myself included ), praise a game for being mega deep and then never get to experience those epic wizard modes...

Everybody, even people brand new to pinball can play these.

And they sound fun, which is the main reason for playing the silver ball

4 weeks later
#18677 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I decided to try a set of the precision flippers out on R&M. Wasn't super into the idea of them in general, but I've always felt there was a lot of inconsistency with R&M. For that reason, I thought I would at least try them. I have only played about 15 games since installing them, but they do seem to make a big difference in terms of consistency and hitability of the shots (left ramp specifically).
I've put a ton of time into dialing R&M in, as I think it's a great game, but just needed a little extra TLC. One big issue was everyone struggling to hit the left ramp. Because of that I had the coil power dialed way up and installed pin monk coil fans to try to keep the heat down. I did some testing for him on ACNC and they definitely perform as advertised. After installing the precision flippers, I knew immediately I was going to have to turn the power WAY down. The game was playing so insanely fast and the flippers were hitting with a ton of power. Even after turning the power down, all the shots are hitable (more hitable than with the power up really).
Also had the girlfriend flip a game. She's always complained about the clunkiness of spooky games, so she's a tough sell. One game and she said it feels like a totally different game. All that said, I don't think I'll put precision flippers on every game I own, but I think in certain instances they can make sense.

I am not a fan of changing flippers on games, but if they make a shot that is unnaturally steep, easier to hit, then maybe I need to reconsider.

Did you put a precision flipper on the 3rd flipper as well?

1 month later
#18850 1 year ago

Is there a pdf of the complete explanation of the rules anywhere?

As for strategy, do people target the multipliers specifically and if so, when is a good time to have 4x going?

Also meseeks MB - is there a purpose to it? Can it be completed?

Thanks

#18852 1 year ago

Thanks, that is helpful.

Seems like megaseeds are main way to high scores.

Does the multiplier interact with the megaseeds when both lit?

#18854 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Think I've posted this before, but it's worth reminding people of. Great tutorial from one of the rule designers and pinball extraordinaire.

It is a great video and reminded me where I had seen those rule cards.

Is there anywhere they can be printed off?

1 week later
#18864 1 year ago
Quoted from ripple:

I also experienced the topper running when it shouldn't. It stopped running when I started Mr Meeseek's multiball but then started running again for no reason.

Disconnected mine, didn't realise there was a bug.

2 weeks later
#18887 1 year ago

Are these precision flippers having any effect on flipper fade?

Or maybe people have turned up the power or used fans to counter fade?

1 week later
#18966 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Spooky thought is was ok I did not get a yes for sure response .
Ok I just changed both r&m and acnc.I used 5/8 4x shrink and just pulled the old wires off the cell and placed it on the new cell
Then shrunk them and checked voltage both games running and all is good!!
Ps:the voltage on both games was over 3.0 and both were name brand Panasonic cells.

There definitely needs to be a 'how to' video on youtube, so that people don't screw game up doing this!

#18971 1 year ago

I know the code is done regarding new content.

Still maybe small tweaks if they add to fun?

I kind of feel that Meeseeks Mania needs a 'boom' if it can be completed or a way of getting a huge super jackpot?

If this in already in the code, I wasn't aware of it.

#18983 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It's the Jerry target after you drain to your last ball. If you miss, you get the "Loser" whisper and the associated clip. If you hit it, you see the Jerry clip.

Have seen this, but it a pretty small amount.

Any way of getting it into the millions?

#18986 1 year ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

The jerry bonus depends on the points you score during the multiball.

Can the jerry bonus be multiplied if you have say the 4x multiplier lit?

#18990 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Not entirely sure how I did it, but my current GC score included a 14m Jerry bonus, so yeah, you can get it up there.

Wow, that is huge!!

#18997 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Yeah, wish I had a clue how to do it again, lol. Seems like scores really blow up sometimes when you stack both multiball, not really sure how the scoring works though.

This is why we need a good rule sheet!

Virtually every other game has one, not sure why this hasn't?

#19000 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

There's a good rule sheet up on Tilt forums:
http://tiltforums.com/t/rick-morty-rulesheet/6391

Didn't know there was one on Tilt, thanks.

Looks like it could do with updating, but it is a great start.

1 week later
#19076 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Ollulanus You pretty much nailed it. The machining tolerances between the flipper shaft and Oilite bronze sleeves embedded within the metal bushings is down to .0005 of an inch. This really takes away all the slop is the system and puts the shot making accuracy in the players hands, Like It Should Be!
The feedback I get most via PM from those who have installed the system is that it's really improved the playing experience for them. So a win win from both a visual and playing aspect.
I want to thank all you Spooky game owners (and others) who have purchased my flipper system
John

I think the purple halos will look great.

When are they out?

#19107 1 year ago

So green stamp is completing adventure.

Yellow stamp is a free adventure.

White is played not completed.

I get pink stamps?

What are these?

Just realised my white stamps are actually pink?

Anyone has this?

Actually in attract mode my playfield white leds take on a pinkish hue...

#19110 1 year ago

Will check all connectors, thanks!

#19112 1 year ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Or possibly bad LED. Ive had to replace 7-8 LEDs, some glowed pink/purple, some glowed green.

Every insert is like this.

But, maybe this is normal?

White, but with a pink tinge.

If not, guess I better call Spooky!

IMG_0975 (resized).jpegIMG_0975 (resized).jpegIMG_0976 (resized).jpegIMG_0976 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#19199 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

It is so rewarding to see some of those near-impossible shots become more doable. I'm inclined to minimize my coil strength in an attempt to safeguard the plastics (maybe even the pf) for the long term view of the game's life. Once the precision flippers system was installed I found my existing coil settings to be way too powerful. Lowering the settings I thought also put less strain on the coils but I'm probably just being silly. Glad you're enjoying your new setup.

So, presumably flipper fade is less of a thing with precision flippers?

2 weeks later
#19253 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I disagree. The “likes to code … well you know the rest wink wink” is the hint

It's not over until it's over!

Spooky always did promise there would be a lot more content added, but stuff changed, and it didn't happen.

Of course, it would be awesome if they made another content based update happen.

Seems like there may be a tiny chance, now Eric is full time.

#19264 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

He's not.

There will definitely be a bug-fix update at some point, I'm just haven't gotten to that yet.

Apologies for getting that wrong!

Can't remember where I read that info

1 week later
#19364 1 year ago
Quoted from ShinyballsOz:

Hey, has anyone else had crazy scores coming off the spinner loop? My RnM is doing really stupid 10xskillshot and crazy 300 combo multiple bonuses on the spinner loop on the first shot etc, and handing out 20million like it's candy.
I've replaced the roll over switch, hardwired the spinner wires, they had a connector, and checked all switches to be fine.
I'm perplexed mMorty... Can anyone help?

Pretty sure it's a bug.

Exactly the same just happened to me.

Only ever happened once.

So, I don't know what triggered this behaviour.

I looked up and saw a 20 million spinner skillshot, awarded for no reason.

I have MRS switches and it's too much of a co-incidence not to be a bug.

I don't know how to send game data to Eric though.

#19366 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

It's not a bug, it's your MRS going off just like the other guy. If it were a bug you'd see more reports of it and also reports from people without MRS switches.

You're an ex-developer, how many cheapo X86 motherboards do you know that offer an API to read the CMOS voltage? You really want to call out epthegeek for this??

Is it a faulty MRS switch then?

#19368 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

When I first got my machine (used) it had an MRS switch in the loop. When the loops diverter coil fired it would basically send that switch into a frenzy and award millions of points. Eventually I had to re-install the MRS switch with the end facing away from the coil and the problem went away. Sounds like you have a roll over switch though so I guess it won't be that...

Just catching up with MRS spinner switch going off.

Is mine the correct way round?

Thanks

IMG_1191 (resized).jpegIMG_1191 (resized).jpeg
#19374 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

There doesn't seem to be a hard and fast rule about which way around it should be - as Sonic said to me there's a degree of total randomness to the way magnetic fields work. However if its the MRS switch getting affected by the coil, you'll see your score constantly going up as the switch repeatedly activates. If you were instantly awarded 20 million points, then it's perhaps not an issue with your switch.
On my machine, I would hear the diverter coil fire, then I'd see my score just constantly going up even with the ball cradled/stationary on the flipper. Also I should add that I only have one MRS switch and it's on the other side of the inner loop, ie not in the same position as yours - I actually still have a rollover switch there.

It is strange as had MRS over a year and today was the first time I noticed this happen.

Think the scores were awarded by the spinner.

Will do some testing tomorrow, thanks.

1 month later
#19543 1 year ago
Quoted from sthippie:

Ball 1 ~150M (predominantly a stacked 5-ball multi)
Ball 3 ~120M (115M 6x Scary Wizard Mode) with a 280M bonus (47 seeds)

How do you get 6x?

Think I am missing something here!

1 week later
#19586 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If you haven't installed the shorter bushings from Spooky they definitely help with that shot. Also make sure that your flipper isn't binding. I do get a slight fade if I play the game for longer than 30 minutes but I haven't felt the need to get flipper fans or try Precision flippers on this game although both are great products.

Are you flippers on factory power settings?

Does play well!

1 month later
#19721 10 months ago

Been playing a lot for last few weeks and wondering if anyone feels the same about collecting green stamps.

They are a really important aspect of the game and I feel there could be more player feedback.

Sounds or a special call out, so you really know when you get a green stamp.

Maybe it's just me, but the more feedback the better as far as I am concerned.

Also asking as realise it just may be possible to add to an update?

#19724 10 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I can see that.
Every time I Combo my way through the Moonman Mode, I am disappointed that Rick doesn't seem to care...and it isn't easy to do!

Are combos rewarded in any way?

Would be fun if you get a 5 way combo, you get 5 million points or something, 4 way, 4 million etc.

Is there a combo dimension?

1 month later
#19834 8 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Had a game on mine last night where I was able to string a 17 shot combo including at least a dozen ramp shots.
While in Pirates Mode.
And TNA Dimension.
So. Almost no points awarded.
This Fucking Game.

If no more show content is going to be added in this game, it would be good to have combos being recognised with callouts and progressively higher scoring rewards.

Would really make the game better and no permissions needed.

2 months later
#19916 6 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Not going to happen, which is really a bummer given prior to sales it was implied that new episodes would be added. Not Spooky's fault, but still a bummer.

A couple more adventures would be so cool, but yes, it's a shame that it looks unlikely.

1 week later
#19944 5 months ago

'There is something wrong with the left spinner ramp, half the time the ball doesn't make a full loop and come back.
Do I need to change any part other than the MRS switch and bushing? Are they mandatory or recommended?'

https://mantispinball.com/product-category/rick-and-morty/

Both of these are worth buying.

#19945 5 months ago

I see Eric is coding Labyrinth, so guess R&M really is done!

While watching Labyrinth, noticed lots of helpful info for players.

I then went and watched the Bowen R&M tutorial and there were some really helpful player tips.

I don't have my game to hand right now.

Were these ever put into the game or made available as a pdf rule sheet anywhere?

Here are a few of what I mean.

IMG_2446 (resized).jpegIMG_2446 (resized).jpegIMG_2450 (resized).jpegIMG_2450 (resized).jpegIMG_2453 (resized).jpegIMG_2453 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#20034 3 months ago

With all the talk of new games, new code, Eric back at Spooky for a while, I had an idea about this game.

It does seem that the code is done, no more assets.

And unlikely to be a wizard mode.

How about a secret 3 shot wizard mode?

If you finish Rick Potion, there is a timed 3 shot hurry up.

Hit the shots, score 100 million and then animation of an explosion, and game goes dead!

It does seem that more stuff was meant to go in the game, so above is a quick way of adding a wizard mode with no assets.

#20037 3 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I thought Rick Potion itself was the wizard mode? You can't do it until you've completed the adventure card, so it kinda qualifies as one. I would rather see something on the dimension path - eg, if you visit 20 dimensions you get a super-wizardy one! Again, wouldn't require any assets, and I'm sure Eric could come up with something really cool.

It is technically, but there were more plans to add stuff, but then things happened that stopped it.

#20063 3 months ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

From an end user/player perspective, there are very few games which feel like they are complexly immersive. RAM is this. Labyrinth looks to be similar. I would say have her go play a RAM, with the caveat that you need to be able to hear the call outs etc. to fully gauge RAM as that is a big part of how RAM is significant and stands out vs. other pins.

Eric is also coding Labyrinth so quite likely you will like both games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sleepy Hollow, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=Shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.