(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 4 years ago

Number 170, you pieces of shit!!!!

I have no idea what game I’m going to sell to make room....and thaaaaaaaaaat’s the way the news goes.

#165 4 years ago

I think the spa episode with the toxic R&M would make for a good mode.

#211 4 years ago

Today I visited the Ice Cream dimension. It was delicious & they have some sweet merch for R&M collectors.

82B3C0E8-85D8-4669-82D7-F6B181D72C46.jpeg82B3C0E8-85D8-4669-82D7-F6B181D72C46.jpeg9F0AB65A-2229-400A-AD23-4DB77023B64D.jpeg9F0AB65A-2229-400A-AD23-4DB77023B64D.jpeg8384FE9E-5F58-4F53-A3EE-E0C9ED09B520.jpeg8384FE9E-5F58-4F53-A3EE-E0C9ED09B520.jpegEB583396-8A99-4880-B381-40DC7B72398A.jpegEB583396-8A99-4880-B381-40DC7B72398A.jpeg
#213 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Very cool but are they paying royalties or just charging fees for tshirts that paid royalties?

It seems officially licensed by Adult Swim.

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I am excited for the “this is too hard” posts made by people who haven’t played TNA or ACNC

Also, people always seem to forget you can change a game’s difficulty to your liking. You can tighten outlane posts, you can make extra balls more common, you can increase ball save time, change rules settings, etc. Any game can be balanced to be the challenge you want it to be.

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I put thick rubbers on my ACNC and it’s become even harder.
If ya want easy and/or predictable, stern has a game a they can sell you. Just my opinion tho!

I have no interest in “easy”. But code content matching layout/balltimes is a concern for people. The reason TNA & Ironman work with brutal gameplay is because the content & layout gel perfectly that way. In a game where getting through 10 adventures is a goal, it’s not that the game has to be easy - but it has to be “not impossible”. LOTR can be set up brutal, but it ruins the intent of a game with that much content.

In any case, when people own a game, they have every right to set it up to their liking. That’s why games have setup options. Don’t be a p(ickle)rick and shame people over it.

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Well aren't the modes random? So let's say the game ends up with 20 different modes, even if you suck you'll still get to see at least most of them due to random selection, it just might take you 100 games to do so.

Yes, and that’s actually a reason that the game being hard with this much content is probably OK. You won’t really be “locked out” of anything, except maybe a wizard mode or something like that. Good rules & programming concepts can take a game with lots of content & still make a hard game fun. Zablon brought up AC/DC. The genius of AC/DC is that you can pick any song to start, so the game can be different every time you play. Then on top of that, you can choose your own goals. Rock out to one song and score as much as possible to it...or try to get through as many songs as you can. No player feels like they’re locked out of content.

R&M’s rules and concepts seem clever enough to make the challenge not detract from the fun.

I am curious what the “prize” for filling out Morty’s adventure card will be. Is it just picking your own adventure? Is it picking an adventure you ONLY can play with a full card? If that’s the case, I think it would be cool if the card was like BK2K’s “RANSOM” feature. It carries over from game to game, and the person who gets the last letter gets the prize. I think that would be fun if the Adventure Card stayed lit until finished by the lucky Morty. I’m sure Eric has thought of this...I bet we’ll see a setting for this type of functionality.

#333 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

What exactly is the butter cabinet? High gloss print?

It’s basically made like a playfield. Printed and clearcoated instead of a decal.

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

As a ACNC butter dipped owner I will say: It is basically sexy AF and is now a personal must have from here on out for me.
Just make sure everyone takes off their rings and watches before playing

Why are decals safe from rings and watches but not a cleared cab?

The whole “It’s $1000 more but fragile AF” thing will keep me from ever going butter. Decals look fine, and I don’t look at the cab while playing.

1 week later
#1002 4 years ago
Quoted from Atrain:

I love the name changes to the club!

The next one, Rick’s favorite catchphrase:

06147DF8-1849-4390-94E8-EBEDD394FE88 (resized).png06147DF8-1849-4390-94E8-EBEDD394FE88 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#1532 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Maybe they should have that announcer guy announce each important mode/dimension? (if possible) Fast games don't lend themselves to looking up at the screen...i rarely look at it anyway. epthegeek

I’m hoping there’s Rick and/or Morty dialog for those things. “Oh shit, we’re in the TNA dimension, they don’t even know what the fuck ramps are here!!!!”

#1534 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yea, agreed, but I kind of figured that was never planned therefore never done. I'm not clear on what the likelihood is that he'll come back and do more voice work. Hopefully that door is still open for future changes, but would completely understand if it isn't.

They’ve already said there’s a ton of voice recorded, but not implemented yet. Dimensions could be part of that.

1 month later
#2619 3 years ago

After last nights episode, please work “c** gutters” into the game somehow lol

1 month later
#3497 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Possibly ever. What competes with it? Sopranos maybe, Stern got everything for that game.

Family Guy. Seth MacFarlane did tons of custom callouts for 5 different characters, plus Stern was able to use all voices clips for almost all characters from the show. They even used Norm MacDonald's Death voice even though they weren't supposed to lol

#3499 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Here’s a few pics. These have about 600 plays. Mylar is a good idea. Definitely worth it, but needs a little protection.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why aren't the target decals made from the same lexan material everyone else has been using for years? They don't wear.

#3501 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

I was wondering the same thing. These definitely seem to just be like paper stickers. Almost all of mine are worn thru in the center now. There is definitely a market for someone to make higher quality ones.

Dang, I might pass on those then...or request them separately so I can mylar them. Even aftermarket mod decals I've seen have mylar/lamination on them.

#3545 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Has anyone here watched Solar Opposites? I see its on Hulu, which my family does not have. Is it in the same universe as R&M?

Not the same universe. Similar adult humor, but it’s more of a traditional sitcom than R&M...yes there are aliens and robots and chaos, but it’s more about the burbs & school & goofing on modern sitcom/cultural tropes.

Wouldn’t shock me if Stern or someone has already scooped up the rights to Solar Opposites in the wake of dropping the ball on R&M.

#3546 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Good point, FGY had pretty incredible assets as well. Tron did as well come to think of it.

Most Sterns of the SAM era had great assets. Spidey has everything from the 3 movies + JK Simmons doing custom. Avatar had everything from the movie + Stephen Lang doing custom. Tron had movie assets + Daft Punk...no actors for custom but David Theil & his wife did a great job. Iron Man almost blew it with the generic military guy voice - but saves the day with first 2 movie assets/voices and a fantastic JARVIS soundalike....plus some incredible score from the movie.

#3552 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I would be a little shocked if any pinball company has any interest in it, much less paid for rights already, since it has not proved to be a cultural phenom like R&M by any stretch. I liked it, but I can think of many other shows that would make better pin themes. People don't identify with space aliens.

I’m not saying it’s a good idea - I’m saying I could see other pin companies snagging it as a reaction to R&M. “Oh shit, we dropped the ball on that license...let’s grab the other R&Mish thing!”

#3566 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I never got cheeseballs! #Cheeseballgate

I don’t want them. You can have mine lol

#3595 3 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

I went with the black one duo to budget reasons.'
Might wrap it one day.
Havent seen the fluorescent plastic protectors here yet.
My distro send me these last week. they look amazing
[quoted image][quoted image]

It tints all the plastics colors yellowish-green. I don’t like that at all. For a game that has such crazy colorful light shows, the game doesn’t need its neutral art tinted. Hard pass, I’m going with clear protectors.

#3597 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Go purple, aesthetically it will work better. Trust me. I can give a breakdown of why, if necessary, but it’s the clear winner.

For me, it's due to the speaker panel being purple. Normally I'm not into colored coin doors, but since the speaker panel is purple, the coin door being purple seems to tie things together really well.

#3793 3 years ago

It’s weird that there are people who are denying the reality of LCD viewing angles due to their dislike of Kaneda.

Fact: Some LCDs look bad unless viewed directly. That’s just how some panels are made.

It’s possible that Spooky sources from different vendors & some people might have better screens than others.

I have a TNA, and no amount of adjusting changes the fact that from the players perspective, it does NOT look as good as if your nose was on the playfield.

This may not bother you, and that’s cool - but that doesn’t mean it’s not a thing that exists...and for those who are bothered by it, a higher quality LCD replacement is an upgrade.

Here’s my TNA at different viewing angles:

BE0E7E0C-BC2D-4BE3-B74A-B5DFCB4C3B23.jpegBE0E7E0C-BC2D-4BE3-B74A-B5DFCB4C3B23.jpegE83AEA4D-22F0-47C2-ADF0-3D0110D8FA39.jpegE83AEA4D-22F0-47C2-ADF0-3D0110D8FA39.jpeg

#3833 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Changing your display may void your warranty. I would ask Spooky first before I did that. I’m also curious to the percentage increase in quality. Are we gaining 10, 40, 80 percent increase in display quality? Seems like a big risk, a lot of work, and expensive if only a small increase in image quality.

We’ve been changing displays for years with ColorDMDs & other various replacements. It’s not a lot of risk or a lot of work.

If you’re happy with your display, leave it.

1 month later
#5028 3 years ago

Got my #170 invoice the other day! I got schwifty. Then I had to clean the shit off the floor.

#5062 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This originally came up in 2018. Dan addressed it and AS stood by him. I’d be really surprised if they give up on the show now.

The show will be fine. After the huge mistake Disney made firing James Gunn from GOTG due to online Nazi trolls trying to “pwn the libs”, shows aren’t going to be cancelled based on tasteless satire...especially when R&M itself has a lot of tasteless satire.

3 weeks later
#5723 3 years ago

Just wanted to report that #170 landed the other day. I’m in middle of moving, so I haven’t set it up yet.

I’m sure I’ll be enjoying it soon enough!

5CDCF9E3-5D8E-4FDD-A1AC-BF1609094FDD.jpeg5CDCF9E3-5D8E-4FDD-A1AC-BF1609094FDD.jpegDEA350E0-9A81-402A-8B5D-C76E5147D7C6.jpegDEA350E0-9A81-402A-8B5D-C76E5147D7C6.jpeg
1 week later
#5896 3 years ago

I set up my R&M yesterday!

Goofy things first:
-Portal on the topper doesn’t work - except for a moment, then it stopped again.

-The bass was WAAAAAAAY too high. Beyond just glass shaking, the audio sounded like a distorted fart. Dialed it down on the amplifier to almost zero, and it sounds good now, still shakes a bit.

-Some of my scoop number segments were out. Found disconnected cable, all good now.

-Pop Bumper froze after like 20 games...one of the nuts fell off. Found it, tightened it up, all good now.

-There was some kind of issue or bug where there was a ball locked, and the targets just kept flicking it...the game didn’t shoot another into play, Rick yelled at me, and even in ball search, the lock wouldn’t let the balls go. I’ve since updated the code, hasn’t happened since - so maybe just a bug.

The good:
-Playfield is like glass. Gorgeous.

-Cabinet decals are thick & glossy. Glad I didn’t get butter, these are perfect.

-I feel like the feedback from earlier games have led to a better tweaked build - sure the shots are hard, but when I was making them, I was getting satisfying combos on all the tough shots. The scoop also sucks in the ball really smoothly.

Anyway, really enjoying the game so far! Gonna go play some more.

#5898 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Rarehero gettin shwifty!
Congrats man! [quoted image]

It’s in good company.

(For now - this is just a temporary setup...R&M is prob going in another room once we settle in more...although maybe I should keep the 3 animated games together...but ugh, I don’t want to move STTNG again)

50038995-DBF7-48F8-9956-1BC822CAD87D.jpeg50038995-DBF7-48F8-9956-1BC822CAD87D.jpeg
#5900 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If the lock was in the scoop, check the microswitch on it - mine was screwed in a bit too tight and loosening it fixed it.

The scoop seems fine so far. It was just one ball in the Danesi lock. The drop target would keep “flicking” it...but not releasing it.

#5904 3 years ago

That’s awesome!
If you move the STTNG you’ll have room for a South Park in that line up!
Either way, nice lineup!

South Park was my first animation job, and I love the show - but I don’t want the pin. Maybe if someone made a new one!

#5925 3 years ago

I haven’t followed the thread ultra closely, so forgive me if this has been brought up.

I noticed that on some high score screens, the Morty doesn’t match the description. It’s only showing Trunk Morty:

50BC5484-9CB8-4838-81FA-D8F5149005C4 (resized).jpeg50BC5484-9CB8-4838-81FA-D8F5149005C4 (resized).jpeg94E37C52-192C-4DBA-BDDD-F55459912A9C (resized).jpeg94E37C52-192C-4DBA-BDDD-F55459912A9C (resized).jpegBE206DA9-92A1-46E3-B457-43827E34D3D9 (resized).jpegBE206DA9-92A1-46E3-B457-43827E34D3D9 (resized).jpeg

These ones show the correct Morty:

701FB4A6-E7A0-44B5-AFAD-B13C7BF3DC8D (resized).jpeg701FB4A6-E7A0-44B5-AFAD-B13C7BF3DC8D (resized).jpeg5D20D3F8-D500-44B5-AF20-4EEAA357DB12 (resized).jpeg5D20D3F8-D500-44B5-AF20-4EEAA357DB12 (resized).jpeg
#5927 3 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

That's the Morty the player used to get that particular achievement.

Right, but it doesn’t match. Look at the pics again. It says Purple Morty, Baby Morty, etc...but only shows Trunk Morty. On mode champs & Other Notable Mortys, the Morty shown is correct.

#5948 3 years ago

Is there an option so the adventure card 'saves' and carries over, BK2K Ransom style? I thought I remember that being talked about as an optional setting...but can't seem to find it, not sure it's in there.

If it's not an option, I hope it makes it some day. There's no way I'll ever get through 10 adventures in one game. I think my highest is 4.

#5961 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Not currently. Bowen’s mentioned it. BUT, for now, you can increase your “lit at start” number if you want.

I hope “holding over” stamps makes it in...I think the nature of it really lends itself to something like that.

#5966 3 years ago

Just wondering if this is normal on everyone else’s games. When it’s game over and all of the lights go dark for the Match Seq, these few lights stay on. All other light & color shows work fine, so this is prob normal. Just wondering!

65C497D3-9020-43BF-A1B1-B1620D6FF873.jpeg65C497D3-9020-43BF-A1B1-B1620D6FF873.jpeg
#5971 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I think this fluorescent green pop bumper cap looks pretty rad on the game.

What happens when it changes colors per dimensions & light shows...doesn't that throw it off? I think there's a reason it shipped with a neutral white cap.

#6021 3 years ago

Alrighty, I've had 1 week with R&M - and just wanted to say to Scott, Eric, Charlie, the whole Spooky team - I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT! GOOOOD JOB!!!!!!

I love this game. I have to admit - with all the talk of tweaking and tough shots, I was slightly skeptical...but, it turns out I love everything about this game! The chaotic nature of the playfield design works perfectly with the theme & code design. It's a marriage of theme I love/design/code that I haven't seen since Metallica. It all just gels perfectly together. It's abundantly clear that the team making this game know the source material inside and out...and knew how to perfectly adapt it all to creative gameplay that makes sense. The way gameplay, sound & video are choreographed is superb. The difficult shots don't bother me when I miss, because when I make them - it's really satisfying. I think I've looped the upper flipper shot more than I've looped the similar shot on my Shadow. The stackable elements...Adventures, Dimensions/Megaseeds, Multiball and Meeseeks are fun, clear, satisfying, and all work well together. The Adventure modes are all well thought out & funny. The music is incredible...strangely, it's the really chill music that I love the most - Roy & the Underwater dimension just makes me happy. It's a game like TNA, Iron Man, and Tron...I don't feel bad or frustrated when I have a bad game. Even a bad game is fun & funny...and it makes me want to hit start again to have a good game!

KEEPER!

#6053 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Let me take a video of it and I’ll post. It’s not hurting anything. Just thought it was off. Thanks for all the hard work as always

If you put some ants in your eyes, you'll never even notice!

#6086 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Game is playing great at this point, I feel as though games play really good around 1,000 plays. I will not be selling this one any time soon.

It’s too fun...and I can only imagine it’ll get better.

#6195 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Did not check the code version.
I do not plan on updating, as long as it keeps working.
Waiting for season 4 additions, bring on the snake's, and acid!
It was built two weeks ago, so I assume it was the last code.
I left it at my friends warehouse, so we can have another RM, party next week, and let some friends who couldn't make it last night play it. Then I'll bring it home and realy get to play it in depth.

Updating is easy. Just do it. You’re at least missing out on the 3 dif Match sequences.

2 weeks later
#6713 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

pictures without and with light. I love it.
And a little video

Why is “Balls” capitalized? After lower case “my”, it makes it looks like “Balls Axl” and “Balls Thanos” are a person’s name.

Should have at least had a comma. “Lick my balls, Axl”

1 week later
#6926 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

You never played it? Oh man you're missing out.
I don't think it has longevity, but it sure does have instant appeal and it's a GREAT party/social game.

If I purged the majority of my collection, TNA would stay. It absolutely has longevity. It’s extremely satisfying, engaging, fun, and addictive. I could play it forever.

#7000 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Does anyone have buyers remorse? especially at the premium prices.....Im on the fence.
I do yes. Selling after a week or so.

Booooo.

#7181 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I love this game, and it deserves better than "bvvvvvvvvvvvzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Just turn down the bass...almost to off...it'll get rid of the rattle but still be plenty thumpy.

1 month later
#8735 3 years ago

Thanks for the update, Eric!

#8802 3 years ago

Just got my first Scary Terry, BITCH!!! I only made a few shots (got from "run" to "hide")...but what I played was so funny. Hopefully I can get a few more games in tonight, bitches!

#8818 3 years ago

"YOU DRAINED, BITCH!" lol...so this isn't the real Scary Terry voice? I have an ear for shitty fake voices, so congrats to whoever this sound-alike is...nailed it...the voice absolutely fits perfectly.

#8824 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Is the game too easy, do you have it easy set up or are you just an amazingly skilled player? :O

I was thinking I’d have to tighten the outlanes after getting destroyed last night.

#8832 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Inlanes open, rubber removed, and punches set to 0 for me.[quoted image][quoted image]

Rick voice: "Oh lord, who are you!?"

#8850 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Sweet! I was wondering what Scary Terry looked like in the game. Thanks for the video, bitch!

I like that we can talk to each other this way in this thread & it's totally cool. Bitch.

#8870 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well I just completed my first adventure card. I chose Rick Potion No. 9.
Of course I choked when I got there. But the one thing that this game proved to me is how important megaseeds are. Never completed the adventure card before, and despite doing it on this game (I decided to concentrate on adventures instead of anything else) my score (47.5 million) was not even high enough to get my initials up (other than for Rick Potion No. 9).

Oooooweeee! I just did my first adventure card, too & played Rick Potion #9....granted, I set it to start with 5 spotted hehe...but - I did get to a few more afterwards, so maybe I still could have gotten to it without the extra help. I actually did pretty well in the mode...but then I stacked it with Gromflomite Multiball, so not sure how far I really got into Rick Potion, but OMG that music is so funny.

I was just thinking...if you got to the 10th stamp, why WOULDN'T you choose Rick Potion, since it's exclusive? I wonder if the plan is to have a few longer wizard type modes, and eventually those would be the ones you get to choose on the 10th stamp.

#8906 3 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

I'm happy to say I haven't had any issues with mine.
I've been trying to figure out how use the the anti gravity once it's charged and when to use the 3rd button. I know the button drains the anti gravity and tried pushing it when the ball drains, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Is there a complete rule set written somewhere?

The magnet is near the right outlane. You need to press it before it drains to affect the ball. Once it’s drained, it’s too late.

#8934 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

That analogy helps a lot and explains why I haven't had much success with it! I need to activate it sooner if possible to push the ball away before getting too close to the outlane. I thought it was a magna save that would suck the ball in from the outlane. Thanks!

It can suck it out of the outlane - but you have to play this tappy-tap-tap game with the button. Pulsing it gives you more action than just holding it.

#8974 3 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

Here's the other thing about the garage shot... it's meant to be a hard shot to make. There's a reason why you get a bigger payoff on the left than the right.

It’s one thing to be hard, but I feel like many of my clean shots ricochet up and hit the post/rubber ring to the left of the left ramp, vs. hugging the guide & flying up into the garage as I expect. It often does fly up into the garage, and that feels great. I haven’t made any tweaks yet....wondering if I should try adjusting my flipper position or strength to see if that makes any meaningful difference. Here’s a pic to show how my upper flipper is aligned.

664C00E8-3B37-45A9-A611-1CAA457F044B.jpeg664C00E8-3B37-45A9-A611-1CAA457F044B.jpegF105BA7B-FBBA-4E51-9FFB-7B7AE57ADD88.jpegF105BA7B-FBBA-4E51-9FFB-7B7AE57ADD88.jpeg
#8982 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

upper flipper should be positioned so a ball rolling down the upper R orbit and over the flipper runs directly parallel to the flipper with rubber on.
no jump, no bump, no odd angle.
This may mean adjusting flipper position and that rail position (my original route one had a bump in the end of the rail which cause ball to hop off the flipper and stole some power due to that geometry)

Thanks for the upper flipper tips everybody. Ill tweak it before I try to do anything with the guide.

Btw I got that Gator dimension today - holy crap it just has bass going non-stop...my bass is lowered but this mode makes the whole cabinet buzz. Gonna have to turn my bass down more lol

#8991 3 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Looks like you definitely need to move the rail above the flipper. There is a how-to in the key posts. You want the ball to roll smoothly from the rail onto the flipper

The ball does roll smoothly to the flipper. No stutter or bounce. If I don’t flip, it rolls down to the lower right flipper.

#9079 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

So there you have it... you spoke, we listened. Anyone who wants a set of 3 bushings for Rick and Morty we'll happily ship you them free of charge.
Hope that helps, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Peace, love, and all things pinball ya'll.

Legend.gifLegend.gif
#9102 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hi everyone!
So I wanted to chime in on this as it has been asked to me many times now. The little adjustment holes are there to help get both flipper resting positions in the proper place. To adjust them, with flipper rubber on the bats, put a tooth pick in both of the adjustment holes and let the flippers rest against them and tighten them up that way. This is the way that I had it configured in all my Whitewood testing and the way I prefer it to be set. By doing this, you may not be able to backhand the right ramp from the right flipper, but I never meant for that to be possible originally. This may help out with the ease of being able to hit the left ramp more smoothly. Thanks everyone!
--Scott

What if mine has always let me shoot the left smoothly & backhand the right? I love it that way!

#9188 3 years ago
Quoted from SgtStryker:

I don't know if what I've read about the Rick and Morty Pin having a family friendly mode is true and if it does have a family friendly mode, Is it truly a family friendly?

It’s friendly enough for my family, but I also don’t care if my daughter’s first words are “Morty, you piece of shit!”

763CB334-B37F-4DA0-80B0-A11E77D6D6C6.jpeg763CB334-B37F-4DA0-80B0-A11E77D6D6C6.jpegE66611AE-D718-4FDC-B42C-F6022249F6EA.jpegE66611AE-D718-4FDC-B42C-F6022249F6EA.jpeg
1 month later
#10862 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I don't have access to another one, Rob. Just to be clear, my flipper fallback doesn't happen all the time. It's most annoying during multi-ball when balls are flying fast and furious

The only time I’ve seen it happen on mine is a direct bullet-ball from the slam bumper to the flipper. I’ve never seen it happen from multiball or fast horseshoe returns. Then again, I’ve also never had a problem with flipper strength or hitting the ramps nicely. I lucked out, I guess...I dunno!

#10952 3 years ago

Topper question. Is it normal for the green flashers to dimly light sometimes? I feel like the shaker motor or something else is causing them to light up slightly. They flash normally when the topper portal is spinning.

#10987 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They are normally off unless the spinning/flashing is happening.

Right, it’s really subtle & clearly unintentional. Like a ghosting LED effect. Next time your shaker is going off, look at your topper. Or try the shaker in the coil test and let me know if you see anything.

#10990 3 years ago
Quoted from pmppk:

I always notice the topper flashers very dimly lighting up when the shaker goes off during the match sequence after a game.

Cool. Maybe it’s just a normal thing then.

0C48FE09-CFC0-4040-A5D5-609926E34162.jpeg0C48FE09-CFC0-4040-A5D5-609926E34162.jpeg
1 month later
#12266 3 years ago

Helped my friends unbox their #585!!! They were so happy...super fun times had by all!

6DDDF576-E35D-4E80-84AB-3E9C86DE0180 (resized).jpeg6DDDF576-E35D-4E80-84AB-3E9C86DE0180 (resized).jpegDDF3871B-4214-430E-936F-D1A211B57784 (resized).pngDDF3871B-4214-430E-936F-D1A211B57784 (resized).png11DC2FD0-3CCD-4D6D-A47E-ABBD834CEEF7 (resized).jpeg11DC2FD0-3CCD-4D6D-A47E-ABBD834CEEF7 (resized).jpegD78AC45E-94E3-48FB-973C-0AE2FF5BEBB6 (resized).pngD78AC45E-94E3-48FB-973C-0AE2FF5BEBB6 (resized).png469D819A-46D2-40C3-9218-F1C00670EDEB (resized).jpeg469D819A-46D2-40C3-9218-F1C00670EDEB (resized).jpeg05A33EEC-53AD-4DF4-A4E4-9EAE2B29BEBD (resized).jpeg05A33EEC-53AD-4DF4-A4E4-9EAE2B29BEBD (resized).jpegFFAA1070-F1F1-4737-ACA3-D6ABFF37DD36 (resized).jpegFFAA1070-F1F1-4737-ACA3-D6ABFF37DD36 (resized).jpeg85CEC9C7-A024-4B53-8A98-D13D3046819E (resized).jpeg85CEC9C7-A024-4B53-8A98-D13D3046819E (resized).jpeg
#12279 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Got my wife to take a quick video. A few of these shots are definitely clean.
I'm only making about 5-10% of these shots, so not able to get anything going with the game. Really sucks, but outside of this, I love this game.
I've adjusted the switches, and tried everything else. Starting to wonder if the problem is deeper.
Thoughts?

Yeah, that shouldn’t be happening. When I flip that shot, it whips up just fine.

1 week later
#12349 3 years ago
Quoted from henning:

Is there any video of the new Moonmen adventure you guys could share? Thanks!

I posted some on the R&M FB group.

#12360 3 years ago

Any plans to put requirements of each mode on the screen? I find I'm in a mode and have no idea what needs to be done, or what remains.

Is your volume up? Most modes, Rick is yelling at you to shoot the purple shots.

#12377 3 years ago

Just wanna say that I’m in the camp that had perfect flippers before this update, and they got knocked down like crazy after the update. Changing to “Original” made it worse. So, I’m on “Aggressive” and “High” and now it plays like it used to.

epthegeek - in a future update would it be possible to boost the volume of the Moonmen song a tad? It feels kinda low compared to the other game music. Thanks!

#12381 3 years ago

Let it be known that if you are an advocate for paid DLC on an $8000 machine, you are my mortal enemy & you can kindly go F yourself.

Stop...just....stop. This isn't a free app or a $60 video game. It's a pinball machine, that SHOULD come code complete, but we buy them before they are and are guinea pigs for code & rules. Anything else that goes into the code, we've paid for already. Period.

#12383 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

finally got to moon men playing a game at lunch. Love it, it's so subtle.. I've said it many times before, sometimes it's nice to have background music that isn't high intensity beats thumping and someone shouting (every rock band theme stern releases). First time I played wizard of oz and played the "save dorothy" I was like "yes! this is nice, I don't feel hyped up, nice soothing music.. just make my shots, what do I have to lose?"

I bet you love the underwater dimension & Roy music, too. I loooove the "chill out" music in those modes.

#12391 3 years ago
Quoted from macethetemplar:

So what you are saying is that if the developers (Spooky, Eric, Scott, whomever) only has 1 additional mode update left (bug fixes excluded) that you would be satisfied with what there is right now forever?

I didn't even remotely say that. I'm saying they should continue to support the game to be bug free and complete. Complete is subjective. I think as a designed game experience with great rules, you COULD call the game complete today....but, if they want to add more content, cool. Charge me for it? After I've already spent $8000+? I'll sell the f*cking game and never buy another Spooky pinball again.

Rick and Morty goes 25 more seasons and the machine only has content of the first 3?

It's a pinball machine, not a DVD box set. For a game that lasts about 3-5 minutes if you're lucky, R&M currently has more than enough content to be considered an excellent & complete pinball machine. A pinball machine needs the "essence" and "best of" the license...not decades worth of material. Family Guy pinball has 5 seasons worth of material in it...there are now 18 seasons - the game is still great & has enough content in it for a pinball machine. Simpsons Pinball Party doesn't even have episodic content in it...just lots of great characters & lines inspired by the 14 seasons up to that point, and most considered that one of the best deep & complete games.

I agree that $60 for a video game update 2 months after paying $80 for a new game is ridiculous, but if once every 3-5 years I can throw a few hundred bucks at the development cost (Planning, Programing, Testing, Bug Fixes) to provide new fresh entertainment thats a no brainer.

You've already spent $8000. You're covered for any future code updates.

If every owner (750) kicked the programer $133.33 every few years thats 100k development salary for said programmer. I spend double that in gas every week.

Those programmers are getting paid to work on future games...they probably don't want to work on past games forever. At some point it's safe to call it a day. The game is the game.

At the end of the day, the user base makes pinball DLC a completely stupid idea. The reason it works for video games is because there are millions of users per game. If a million Fortnite uses spend a buck...that's a million dollars. DLC model makes sense. Pinball, a few hundred people? Does not make sense.

#12396 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Or are you trying to force your particular flavor of "morals" on those of us who recognize hard work deserves reward and are willing to pay for more content?

Their hard work was rewarded with $8000+ from 750 people who trusted them to do the right thing & finish the game. LOL "flavor of morals"....yeah, sorry - I'm baffled that you and others WANT to pay more money for already crazy-expensive machines.

Anyway, I think the point is moot since I doubt the system is even set up for DLC. How would they even make it unlock on certain machines and not others? I think that's why Stern has tied their DLC to something physical like a topper. CGC tied the color display update to a physical chip. Any attempt at purely digital pinball DLC would be hacked immediately.

Honestly, I hope you guys get what you want and have to waste MORE money on pinball. The second a company has some kind of subscription/paid DLC situation with code is the second I never buy one of their games. If it ever becomes the norm, I'm 100% done, my pinball collection stays classic. Please, give me a reason to quit pinball....GO, DLC, GO!!!!!

#12397 3 years ago

Just so this shit doesn't go on for pages....normally this thread rules, everyone rules, and the game rules. Go to a DLC thread to discuss this horrific nonsense, please. Back to this awesome game.

#12400 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

DLC is fine as long as it's new stuff. I bought and finished Fallout 4... then they came out with Far Harbor and I went ahead and got it because it was basically a whole new map, with new NPCs, new guns, new targets, etc. I didn't want a new game, I wanted more of the old game, and that's exactly what good DLC is.
Bad DLC is stuff that was likely cut from the original game, or small updates and tweaks without any actual new content.
Spooky continuing to add modes would fall under the former description. They gave us everything they promised in the game, it is feature complete. New stuff isn't free.

False equivalency. $60 digital game vs. $8000 physical machine.

Pinball is not a video game or app. Period.

#12405 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Are you going to sell all your older games as Soren is now selling DLC for them?

Who is Soren? I don't have any Soren games.

#12409 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I have to admit, as much as I'm impressed with the current R&M content and # of adventures, I'd pay for more.

...and just like that, good friends become MORTAL ENEMIES!!!!!

#12414 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

And I know for a fact that you would cough up the money as well. The anger shouldn't be directed at the addict...blame the drug dealer!

Never. I'm not being hyperbolic. I love R&M, but the second it offered a paid DLC subscription model, I would instantly list it for sale. I'd never buy another Spooky. Done.

When Dutch F'd me - I put my BOP with 2.0 up for sale...sure I could have taken the kit out and just sold that...but I just wanted the whole tainted thing out of my life. I have enough things to enjoy in life, I don't need things that are shady.

Thankfully it's never going to happen, because it's a horrible idea & the games aren't set up for it....so, why don't we end this silly bullshit & get back to our awesome game.

#12417 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Spooly oughta offer a $5 upgrade just to fuck with you and your melodramatic terror of DLC

I hope the next Spooky game is $15k, has $2000 topper & won’t even work unless you pay $1000 a year for a subscription. Just for you.

#12441 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I finally made peace with the fact that I will likely never perfect the top right-flipper garage shot, as much as we tinker with it, so I've let that go, but most recently whenever I try to reach the garage/dimension start via the right orbit (especially when I'm whipping a fast shot that way), it will "get stuck" right before it gets behind the house and ends up trinkling back down, via the right orbit. Feels like it hits something?
Does this happen to anyone else and what is the solution?
I'd love to be able to start dimensions more consistently at some point.

I know you said you've tinkered, but there's gotta be a solution. I want to tinker with my guide to the garage, but I haven't yet...and honestly I might not...because a nice shot right off the tip usually makes it, and my timing has gotten better and better. The left orbit-to-garage shot also is quite smooth and whips right into the garage. There might be something going on with your diverter that can be fixed or tweaked.

#12448 3 years ago

Just played Pickle Rick and every light on the playfield was green.
I can't recall ever seeing that. Did I perhaps start a dimension before the adventure?

Yeah, sounds like you started the night-vision dimension at the same time you started the mode.

#12454 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Question about the diverter...when the garage/dimension light is flashing green and I hit that right orbit shot is the ball always supposed to go into the garage? I would say 70% of the time mine rattles around and falls down the center loop.

Yes, when the garage portal is lit, that shot should ALWAYS go to the garage. There’s something you need to fix if it’s not happening.

2 weeks later
#12903 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The interdimensional cable bits are 100% ad-lib. He just rambles random things and then they give them to the animators with no direction on what to do with it.

Sorry for going on a non-R&M tangent, but it reminded me of a fun thing I got to witness. The following short had no script...it just said "Seth Green will improv this". I was at the recording studio for this, and Seth just put on his headphones & made all this up in one take.

OK, back to Rick & Morty motherrrfuuuuckeeeerrrs!!!!!

#12908 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

My new rick n morty came with 5 balls but under the lockdown bar it says install 4 balls. Any ideas?

4 in the trough, 1 in the portal.

2 weeks later
#13546 2 years ago

I'm a few days behind, but I just installed the new code update...beautiful! I was one of those that had no flipper issues before the last update...and then no matter what I changed it to, I was having some kind of knockdown or goofy issues. Now with this new update...*chef's kiss*...back to perfection, no knockdowns, it's all good now! Thanks Eric!

#13553 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Thank you both for the quick response. My flippers are working pretty well on Original - High Hold. Will think it over, sounds like lots of people are having more issues than I am so maybe I'll just wait. I also saw some people were having scores wiped with this update.

My scores are still there after the update....and if they weren’t, who cares - put up some new ones.

3 weeks later
#14227 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Anyone in SoCal ready to move their R&M to a loving new home?

Never.

#14256 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

That weird as that is the only shot I can hit consistently every time and I haven’t adjusted anything yet.

Same. I just moved the game & set it up somewhere else...and I swear it plays even better now. I was looping & hitting the garage shot with relative ease. I was planning on doing some fiddling, but man...I think I'm just gonna leave it.

3 weeks later
#14888 2 years ago

Sorry if this has been mentioned already or if a fix is in the works:

During Scary Terry, there's one audio clip that has a weird edit. When Morty says "He sure says "bitch" a lot", you hear a quick noise from Terry (I think)...sounds like "YA..." and cut off. Happens every time that clip plays.

#15009 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Agree. Different adventures have different strategies. It makes each feel unique. Moon man is the ‘shoot quick and accurate to get buckets of points mode’.

For me it’s the “all of the sudden I can’t hit shit & score nothing” mode.

#15109 2 years ago

Rick & Morty have a scene in Space Jam 2, if ya can’t get enough of them!

#15172 2 years ago

Nothing technical to report - but just happy that I had a Moonmen mode yesterday where I hit a lot of sparkly shots got to the end without draining so Rick could yell at me! Yay!

3 weeks later
#15728 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Yeah, waiting for Rarehero to pop in and tell us how opposed he is to the idea in no uncertain terms.

I’m just bewildered by the people who are spending ~$10k on a game and are willing & practically begging to spend more.

Bizarre.

Anyway, I’m perfectly happy with this amazing game as it stands.

#15730 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Exactly. And where would it end?
“I’m really happy with the 43 modes in the game … but if only they can add that one when Rick is riding Jerry like a horse, it’ll be complete!”
Imagine if some of these dudes were around when Addams and TZ were new.
“Only 12 modes on the mansion! I want a bigger mansion with 19 modes! I need a mansion extension!”

rd

For some reason people keep forgetting what pinball is. For most it’s a 5 minute game if you’re lucky. Even if you’re good and have a 20-30 minute game, most games as designed have more than enough content to be great replayable games.

R&M as it is is perfect. Any player can play multiple games and enjoy random/different combos of modes & dimensions.

#15733 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Oh no we don't want to go that long then we'll hear the cries of long ball times just like on LOTR

Some people like that - but at the end of the day, the layout & rules must gel. LOTR’s layout makes it a long game..so, thank goodness it has the content to keep long games interesting.

R&M is brutal & usually short. When you do get lucky & have a longer game, the amount of content in it is perfect.

#15736 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

As has been stated many times, the bulk of users these days are home users and looking for more, not less

That’s fine, and I’d say a lot of that expectation is due to the price….and for the price, “more” better be baked in & not cost extra.

#15741 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Most people are just going to get bored with the same content over and over

Then those people don’t understand or like pinball.

The magic of pinball is that it doesn’t get boring despite being a finite box of wood, metal and lights. There’s a reason many home collectors collected 80s & 90s games and kept them in their homes for decades. Great games don’t get boring. They don’t need a DVD boxset’s worth of “content” to be great & infinitely replayable.

#15746 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Tell that to the thousands who sell their NiB games after 30 days.

That has nothing to do with content level or depth. People buy games now without playing them. Some people just habitually buy every game now. If they like it, they keep…if not, they sell. If someone sells a game after 30 days, they don’t like it….it just may not be a good game or a good game for them.

#15749 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

My point which I don't know why you are arguing is, more content is always a good thing.

Not arguing. Some games it could make sense...like, Munsters - totally needs more content. Should owners be charged for more Munsters content? No, they've paid for a complete game already....but if a game is as good & stuffed with modes/music/humor as R&M is in its current form & the programmer wants to call it a day, it's all good - we've got a great game. If he wants to give us more modes, cool - I will enjoy them.

#15751 2 years ago

So many possibilities for video modes on this theme. Sigh….

Video modes were a weird way to try to entice video gamers to try pinball in the 90’s. They’re rarely good mini-games & just take time away from pinball gameplay. That being said, since it’s Rick & Morty, they could probably come up with a really funny video mode…probably could be OK…but I think in general, not many owners/players are missing video modes.

#15756 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

A graphic shooter video mode similar to BSD would be awesome for R&M. please.

Total Rickall is already a "shoot them all" mode, and ya do it with the pinball hitting targets. Would pausing the pinball to just hit buttons and watch it on a screen really gain us anything?

#15759 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I guess it’s the feeling of something coming at you on the screen with the timing aspect is what I enjoy most about the video mode for BSD and it’s an awesome feeling.

“Coming at you”, you say…we’ll, this theoretical video mode HAS to be the giant sperm, then lol

67675ACE-4A01-4D2D-BCE3-5C1C791CBBB8.jpeg67675ACE-4A01-4D2D-BCE3-5C1C791CBBB8.jpeg
1 month later
#16201 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Seems like a bunch of R&M machines are being listed for sale, I wonder why?

Money talks & some people cry when a game is too challenging.

1 month later
#16601 2 years ago

I’m a procrastinator, but I finally installed the revised flipper bushings. I was pretty happy with how mine played already, but figured I should just go ahead and put them in. Doesn't feel too different, maybe a hair stronger now. I feel like I got some left ramp shots that would have rolled back before.

Anyway, still loving this game…it’s always fun! Even tho Godzilla is the new shiny, I’m still firing up my RAM! Bolted. Godzilla would leave first. For real.

#16610 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

Thanks for the tips
Hmm this is not on pinball life , only the bushing 1-3/8" is available

Just email Spooky & ask for a set. They’ll mail it to you for free.

8 months later
#18172 1 year ago

Eric, my Glip Glop!!!!! Thanks!!!!

#18179 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Can't use Chris Parnell.

Dang, he's such a Jerry.

#18196 1 year ago

I like the new dimension settings. Not a fan of the swamp one - so I set that to only appear later.

#18222 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hands down. Love the swamp one. The different sounds and different atmosphere is incredible.

Scott’s music is so awesome, I’m just not a fan of a mode that kills the music. I don’t like the human music beeping one either. Is that still there? I didn’t notice it in the settings.

5 months later
#19267 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Not sure if the show will make it with a new voice actor. . . . .squidbillies didnt
[quoted image]

No one cared about Squidbillies in the first place.

Justin's voices and acting style is the soul of the show...they can be imitated, but doubt they can be duplicated. It's hard for a voice actor to say "no" to a gig, but most of the good ones might not want the heat for taking over the characters under this circumstance. Family Guy got a new Cleveland, but it was without scandal & with the original actor's blessing. The fans might reject the show with a sound-alike, especially if the court case is thrown out. Unless Adult Swim knows something bad about Justin beyond the court case, they may have jumped the gun here.

#19271 1 year ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Unfortunately, corporate America doesn't believe in the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. Companies are run by a bunch of spineless executives and woefully unqualified board of directors. They're only concerned with their "brand image" in case he is guilty, they don't want anything to splatter on the company. I could understand Adult Swim suspending their relationship with Justin Roiland until his legal issues are resolved, but firing him before he even has a chance to defend himself at trial is just a ham-fisted reaction that I hope spectacularly blows up in Adult Swim's face.

There’s some other shit besides the court case. Publicly, some really gross texts to girls were leaked. Privately, there’s prob gonna be some bad behind-the-scenes shit that’s going to come out.

#19275 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I've always assumed that pretty much every person in the industry is a terrible person, so my opinion doesn't change much when these things come out.

There are a lot of terrible people in all aspects of life. People in positions of power can be the types to abuse it…but not everyone. I’ve been in the animation biz for over 20 years, and the majority have been good, moral, generous, nice people…The few scumbags I’ve met are no longer around, thankfully.

I’m glad AS is going to keep the show going for the sake of the crew. They don’t deserve to be thrown out of work cuz of Justin. As a fan, I dunno if it will work without his voices - but we’ll see.

#19281 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

He pleaded not guilty at pre-trial and his lawyers made the statement that they expect the case will be dismissed. Does it change anything for adult swim to wait until his case ends? Crazy.

That’s why this is related to his inappropriate texts to girls or to other behind the scenes behavior.

#19314 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It will be interesting to see how AS continues R&M. I don't really know if he did most of the writing, but the humor is so signature, I don't see how they recover from it. I don't know if Solar Opposites is still in production? I assume he will get thrown off that as well if it is. Just seems like if you are going to cut ties with him, you may as well pull the plug on the whole project.

He hasn't really been involved with the writing on R&M since season 3 or 4. Too busy with other projects, so he's pretty much just been doing voices. I think it's the same for Solar Opposites...Mike McMahan & a writers team are running it, Justin doing voices. Solar is still in production, they have a pickup through Season 5.

2 weeks later
#19424 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

That is pretty sick. If that had official code worked into it, I'd be into it.

Well, it looks like it replaces the Jerry target. So, now it doubles as a Jerry & Garage shot. Pretty clever. The garage already has 2 shots to it….so, not really necessary, but clever.

#19436 1 year ago

Gah, I think I got the dead battery game-won’t-boot thing happening.

2 weeks later
#19508 1 year ago

Sorry if this has been covered - but I noticed my topper lights up and spins sometimes when the garage isn't lit. It'll still stop after it is lit & I hit the shot for a dimension, and most of the time it only starts spinning when the garage is lit....but every so often, it's just lit and spinning for seemingly no reason. Is this a known software bug?

#19510 1 year ago
Quoted from ripple:

Yes, known bug on the latest code.

Thanks!

#19517 1 year ago

Sorry, so does that mean we do have to replace batteries?

Yes, I just did this on mine. Annoying, but ultimately easy & everything gets back to normal. Didn’t even lose my settings.

#19532 1 year ago

Any suggestions on what battery to buy, and instructions on changing them?
Do modern Stern games (Spike) need this as well?

It's just a common CR2032 "coin" style lithium battery. Pops right out of the holder, new one pops right in. Easy peasy. I had a bunch of spares that I use in my Sega Saturn.

2 months later
#19710 11 months ago

My ship finally popped out of its base…pretty fun glob of hot glue came out with it. Has anyone come up with a permanent fix for this? Maybe just a screw through the back of the cone so the spring can’t come out?

00F5774D-3000-4496-8A29-E24AD37756C6.jpeg00F5774D-3000-4496-8A29-E24AD37756C6.jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 300.00
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.