(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OnTheSnap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Also, in regards to right flipper I fixed the busing spacing and now even better. I hit 5 of 5 from trap. Shot is good, and totally makable, just have to hit it straight.

Is this feedback going to spooky as corrections for new builds?

#176 4 years ago

Rick and Morty 208 here.

Can’t wait!

Favorite mode so far is pickle Rick!

#330 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Decided to get the butter cabinet. I think I’d regret it if I didn’t!

What exactly is the butter cabinet? High gloss print?

#580 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

That left ramp sure is step.

I'm one of those people that feels good about changing settings. I will be cranking the right flipper power. And finding ways to make the harder shots easier.

#645 4 years ago

The rules for the adventures are absolutely awesome. And sound super duper fun.

Awesome work Bowen and Eric.

#708 4 years ago

Parent of an 8 and 11 year old here. And we host families all the time, where pinball is pretty popular. We have a Dead Pool, IMDN. For us the video clips with swearing off are well below the threshold of concern. Falls in the same category with mild gaming violence.

#1090 4 years ago

Could the flipper be mechanically binding? Hilton had to rework his to get it working right.

#1134 4 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

I have been keeping an eye on the intermittent flipper weakness, seems to happen when the light show is going full blast. Never had a power side issue with the machines up there, but not ruling it out (machine seven will be moving out next week). There are still a few Hold settings to go through too. And while its a different system sometimes those things happen on the spike games as well which could mean its a bus communication issue.

How is the power bussed from the psu to flippers? Maybe needs a direct connection instead of being all the way down stream, getting the most voltage sag

#1247 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Does anyone in the greater SF Bay Area or greater Sacramento region have R&M incoming soon?

I’m in the low 200’s. Maybe late spring?

1 week later
#1380 4 years ago

Anxious to get my game in May. Probably we are in to 1 million+ with covid-19 by then.

Would be nice to be bunkered in my house with a new RAM to pass the time.

3 weeks later
#1890 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just checking in. Do we know how long the line is anticipated to be down with the suppliers shut down and the move to the new factory assembly location?

Nobody knows. But I’d guess the world resumes around July.

6 months later
#6079 3 years ago

Rick and Morty 208 has arrived. Couple yanked cables and the BIOS was reset. All fixed and playing like butter.

What’s the consensus on angle? 6.5 the way to go?

#6120 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

I am on 9.28 this wanted to see if anyone else is having similar issues.

9.28 crashed on me as well. I have a video of the machine as it crashed if interested.

#6148 3 years ago

Hey guys,
After cranking my game to 6.8 degrees, I can’t post pass on the right. But I can on the left.

Do you guys slightly adjust the flipper up in this case so you can pinch the ball in the post pass?

Lots of modes are left flipper dominate. I’m helpless without an effective post pass. I broke $14M in my first 20 plays. But it took a lot of luck getting to the left flipper safely.

#6185 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

GNR coming out Monday (possibly ready to ship) others already unboxing other new games. I really wish I had could have my Rick and Morty already.
Would love for Spooky pinball to give us an update here on Pinside, every once in a while, to let us know what the latest build # is.
A lot of meeseeks out here existing in pain...
On the bright side I didn’t have a order in on a RAZA! [quoted image]

I have zero regrets or jealousy over GNR or Avengers.

I’m in day 4 of #208 and in love with the games theme, shots and really the total package.

When you get a Spooky game, you know it’s a journey, and part of the package. I buy and forget. I don’t read the threads until it arrives. Then it’s like no wait at all. Out of site out of mind until the day is here.

#6248 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I'm trying to see if I can improve scoop shots so they bounce out even less. I have washers under the scoop (courtesy of Spooky from factory). I've seen it recommended here to bend the scoop hood up to touch the plastic, but also to bend the scoop down. What's the consensus... Should it be bent up or down?

#208 here and my scoop is awesome. Accepts shots cleanly from left or right flipper. As easy to hit as Dead Pool.

#6312 3 years ago

Just finished 100 plays on #208. Love the shots and game so much fun.

But I'm craving more content. Wizards, adventures, multiballs. Hopefully lots of new content is showing up near term.

#6320 3 years ago

Had a great game with two extra balls and endless MB’s. 20 Megaseeds. This game is crazy fun when it’s lit up!

1DD9C84F-13EE-4607-8DB6-1647E62A6C48 (resized).jpeg1DD9C84F-13EE-4607-8DB6-1647E62A6C48 (resized).jpeg
#6366 3 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Thanks I will try to update first. Really odd problem, the screen comes on and just goes to the specs of the PC inside pin. It has several options along the top but I can’t navigate to anything from inside the cabinet. Has a mouse cursor on screen with no way to navigate. That said I have not yet installed the pinballs but I don’t think that would make a difference.

I had the same issue. Spooky sent me a pdf with all BIOS settings, to set it to auto boot. You need a USB keyboard to navigate. Pretty painless.

#6380 3 years ago

epthegeek tried the latest beta dated 10/7 and had a hang after playing a combined meeseeks mania and multiball. Just FYI.

#6384 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

A hang? Video and LED updates stopped? Coils didn’t respond?
Or just a logic problem where it lost track of the balls and wasn’t sure what to do?

Screen froze after the ball drained and it wouldn’t eject another ball. The audio continued and there were some taunts of impatience.

#6388 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Did you send a log as per the request of running the beta?

I didn’t see the request. I’ll look through it.

Beta is better than the release in terms of frequency of hangs. The good news.

#6391 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The purpose of running the beta is to help debug and provide input to help get releases to a stable state, it’s not just to have a sneak peak preview of what’s to come.
Essentially anyone given access to the beta is expected to report issues, with good detail and log files.

I didn’t imply otherwise. Just got the machine and have had lots of hangs with the public release.

So I tried the beta. I’m an experienced developer and engineer and have been in many betas. There was no clear beta on boarding and the link is public. I didn’t see any beta forum or way to participate in a way I’m accustomed to or in a way I’ve run betas.

So don’t shoot the guy trying to make his machine work. Happy to help and send logs. Please just make a beta forum and away we go.

#6407 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

So I guess my pop light never worked properly and I never knew until recently.
Below is a video of the light. As you can see it is working but it’s not staying lit, not flashing red during multi ball, not starting off blinking purple to show there is a megaseed, etc.
The light is fastened into the housing unit. Nothing is loose as far as I can tell. Any ideas?
It seems like I’m missing out on a lot and that makes me sad.

Try running the led checks to see better which light is broken.

My pop light had its connection reversed and lit the wrong colors. After reversing it all is good.

#6634 3 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

How is everyone setting the lower flippers? Slightly high how they come from the factory, so that the right ramp is backhand able? Or in a more traditional bally/williams setup

I have the same question.

But on mine I can post pass from left to right. But I can't post pass from right to left.

On yours, can you do a right to left post pass?

2 months later
#9142 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hi everyone!
So I wanted to chime in on this as it has been asked to me many times now. The little adjustment holes are there to help get both flipper resting positions in the proper place. To adjust them, with flipper rubber on the bats, put a tooth pick in both of the adjustment holes and let the flippers rest against them and tighten them up that way. This is the way that I had it configured in all my Whitewood testing and the way I prefer it to be set. By doing this, you may not be able to backhand the right ramp from the right flipper, but I never meant for that to be possible originally. This may help out with the ease of being able to hit the left ramp more smoothly. Thanks everyone!
--Scott

Hi Scott,
I can't post pass right to left, but it works fine left to right.

Do you think resetting the flippers to this position would address that? Really hurts in modes where everything on the right is lit and I can't dead flip it to the left.

2 years later
#19478 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I decided to try a set of the precision flippers out on R&M. Wasn't super into the idea of them in general, but I've always felt there was a lot of inconsistency with R&M. For that reason, I thought I would at least try them. I have only played about 15 games since installing them, but they do seem to make a big difference in terms of consistency and hitability of the shots (left ramp specifically).
I've put a ton of time into dialing R&M in, as I think it's a great game, but just needed a little extra TLC. One big issue was everyone struggling to hit the left ramp. Because of that I had the coil power dialed way up and installed pin monk coil fans to try to keep the heat down. I did some testing for him on ACNC and they definitely perform as advertised. After installing the precision flippers, I knew immediately I was going to have to turn the power WAY down. The game was playing so insanely fast and the flippers were hitting with a ton of power. Even after turning the power down, all the shots are hitable (more hitable than with the power up really).
Also had the girlfriend flip a game. She's always complained about the clunkiness of spooky games, so she's a tough sell. One game and she said it feels like a totally different game. All that said, I don't think I'll put precision flippers on every game I own, but I think in certain instances they can make sense.

Which precision flipper kit do folks prefer? The solid bats or the lighter see through style?

3B489F4A-FD3C-48D6-9D56-681079EBA058 (resized).png3B489F4A-FD3C-48D6-9D56-681079EBA058 (resized).png
#19484 1 year ago
Quoted from InteractivePinball:

Great question. The switch is far enough out that it makes contact with the ball against the left wall.

Pm sent. I’m in for one. Looks like it adds another fun shot. And besides me mostly casual players on my R&M. Making the portal shot very rare for them. So my goal is to make my R&M as fun and approachable as possible.

I’m also a bad parent and my almost 11 y/o loves the show. But my machine is a bit too tough on him to enjoy. This mod and the precision flippers hopefully tip it in his favor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
$ 13,500.00
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OnTheSnap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=OnTheSnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.