(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Morinack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 4 years ago

WooHoo Club is open

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Clearing a space for R&m
Lock is lit.....and so am iiiiiiiiiiiii...buurrrppp[quoted image]

That some pretty flat space you got there!

#153 4 years ago

Does anyone think keeping a live running list of known mods in the Club thread is useful?

Like what Toyotaboy made here?

Neutrino Bomb Cup Holder

Quoted from toyotaboy:

Cup holder is done. It might seem a little pricey, but it takes like 12 hours to print all of the parts:
http://www.randompinball.com/rickandmorty

And the Pinball Life hinges they shared when they come available?

Morinack
R&M #427

#164 4 years ago

Get Schwifty
Raising Gazorpazorp

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, totally personal preference.
To me the sub on TNA and R&M does plenty of player feedback vibration.

For folks using headphones, expect your head to be shaken rather than the cabinet.

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Just listened to the recent podcast w/ Scott, that dude is way too humble. I've heard him say a couple times "It sold out because of the license, it has nothing to do with me". I can't speak for everyone but just want to clarify for myself at least (cause I know he's around here somewhere), there are VERY FEW designers I would've blindly trusted on a purchase like this, regardless of theme. TNA is one of the sickest, freshest pins I've had the pleasure of playing and I figured if R+M turned out half as good I'd be more than content with it. And after seeing the gameplay videos I can confidently say I'd be buyer even if it was a straightforward "TNA 2.0" theme.
Wanted to throw that out there so he'll hopefully quit downplaying his importance on this game.

Not to mention responsiveness on Pinside for an ongoing support. I am not aware of this level of communication (although it may not be very scalable) from the developers of other machines. So cool to be able to provide true feedback on machine behavior and have it appreciated by the developer. Just shows the level of commitment he has to what he creates.

#435 4 years ago

LOL Too funny.

flooble (resized).jpgflooble (resized).jpg
#436 4 years ago

What's that next to your Coin mech?
Oh thats how i power my pinball machine.

#468 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I can't have ragrets, If I don't go Kalaxian Crystan Color Matched Coin Door, i'll be kicking myself big time.

Happy wife...happy life...

#491 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

So are those hinges with Rick & Morty on them included in the BSE, or is this another extra???

They are available from Pinball Life.
$120

#499 4 years ago

I am sure if you buy them from Pinball Life ahead of time with a communication to Spooky, you could probably work something out to have them installed by Spooky. I can't imagine they'd do it for free as it interrupts their well oiled assembly line production. But i wouldn't assume anything.

#510 4 years ago

From the other thread key post as a reminder.

add-ons 2 (resized).pngadd-ons 2 (resized).png
#526 4 years ago

Are the tilt clips voiced by Justin, I thought it was someone else.

#732 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I'd be down for one depending on how it is printed on the shirt. Not a fan a large front prints and blank backs. Would love to see that large on the back and then maybe small front pocket area. I also only wear darker colored shirts.. lol. Yeah, I am picky with my shirts.
Great job on the design!

I'd be in for a pocket tee with IO on the pocket and this on the back....

#1045 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Awesome.
That’s sounds like something I would do while drinking.
Quite often packages show up and my wife asks “what did you order now”?

Standard response, "Open it up and let's find out."

#1220 4 years ago

Hanging with @MR_FROG at Lyons Classic Pinball, getting our fill of R&M!

20200229_164154 (resized).jpg20200229_164154 (resized).jpg
#1237 4 years ago

Spent yesterday afternoon at Lyons Classic Pinball. Played about a dozen or games of R&M. Good sized crowd, so we often rotated off the machine for others to play. Lots of interest in the game, and was never really idle.
The game is NOT hard, it is challenging. In 12 games I made every shot at least once and even pulled off a multi-ball. The only geometrical problem is apparently the angle at which i hold my fingers on the flipper buttons.
The game was enjoyable and frustrating at the same time, as every pin should be IMHO.
Well worth the 2 hr drive from home.

The only negative of the trip is now I want an ACNC too.

#1243 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I'm selling mine if your interested.

I recently spent my available funds on a TNA.
With R&M coming late fall I won't be making anymore big pin purchases for a while.

#1281 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Thanks for the info! Heading to Reading tomorrow, figured I'd check around.

Don't forget to check external sources too.
Pinside vs. Pinball Map. pinballmap.com

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 3.05.52 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-02 at 3.05.52 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 3.06.06 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-02 at 3.06.06 PM (resized).png

#1305 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Which Rick and Morty currency should I use?
Blemflarcks are the official currency of the Galactic Federation. That's the money that Rick devalued to zero to cause the collapse of the Galactic Federation.

If you used Blemflarcks it would need to be waaay more than 25.
Like 25 Million Blemflarcks.

1 week later
#1483 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Since you cant read the text on the shot from the players position I thought this might help indicate it's the Noob Noob shot.
It's a funko key ring that I painted his eyes the proper white and added the squggily pupils. He's held in place by a wire running under the ramp protector screw to a hole in his head.
amazon.com link »[quoted image][quoted image]

Too funny.
I am in the process of building the same thing, including whiting the eyes to "de-Funko" it.

#1487 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'm thinking the first 100 games played, it was still boxed.

Maybe they only got it half unboxed and couldn't wait any longer to play.

4 months later
#4349 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Those are made of PET-G? That's wild, I've never seen it break like that, even from repeated ball hits (like falling down from The Battlefield on The Shadow).

Queue Cliffy conversation.

#4352 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not sure how a cliffy would help this problem...

While I agree, the guy is pretty darned creative.
That said it was a nod to all the PETG I've replaced/repaired over the years.

Anything hammered with a pinball leaving the PF is gonna suffer.
Having played a R&M I've been amazed at the speed of the ball travel, that more damage is not being seen out there.

Yep this one is a fluke but as far as the ball is concerned that elevated ship is "Target acquired!"

3 weeks later
#4918 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

If the machine doesn't convert into Rick's spaceship by the time I get my standard edition, I will be disappointed.
/s

I doubt we'll get the spaceship, but by the time i see mine, with all these code updates, it will probably be able to fold upon itself twelve times and fit in my pocket so i can take it everywhere.

2 weeks later
#5306 3 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Any mods people are hyped about? I haven’t been paying too close attention as I wanna be naive to a lot of what’s been put into the game since February’.

Not sure if you follow this other thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-mod-co-development-thread
Its been a little sleepy since COVID started, but it still gets updates and contains a number of available mods.

#5350 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

What did the Kruzman option cost, if you don’t mind me asking?
I’m #386 - have a little time on my hands.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/212#post-5466646

You should of course touch base with him to confirm.

1 week later
#5501 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wubba lubba dub dub!!! 162 is in the house!
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11GDZLe8GTB5yF
I took a few live photos and a 4k walkaround video to try and show off the butter - it really is stunning in person. ZERO regrets on that.
The sound system in this game is the best I've heard in a pin - awesome bass. Unfortunately this translates into massive, and I mean MASSIVE glass rattle.
I'm about to try padding it with some fuzzy velcro - anyone else run into this and have words of wisdom?

There is considerable discussion and ideas for the rattle on the TNA owners forum.
Everything from electrical tape and zip-tie bits to mention a few.

3 weeks later
#6074 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Can someone please post pic at what to exactly check pleeeeease. Take a guess whats ready to be set up today!
[quoted image]

Nice! Congrats.
On what to check, best approach will be to go back to "Key Posts" already flagged for the forum.
Good luck!

2 months later
#8320 3 years ago

WOOHOO! Just submitted my build sheet.

Sh#t just got REAL!

#8324 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

Got the email for my build. Trying to decide whether or not to butter it. I have a 2 yr old who as of now won't be around it. When they do come into contact with them as they get older (crayons, goo, stickers), I assume the butter is easier to fixup and clean?

<Googles chainlink fencing for children>

I chose not to go Butter, as much as i like how it looks it will be safely fit between another pin and a wall.
Kind of hard to showcase that gloss there. If it were standalone where folks might gather around, i may have considered it.

#8349 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

This is so true and I can't put my finger on it.
I was in awe! SO FUN!

I have played R&M at LCP and got the same vibe i get from my TNA.
IMHO, I believe it has to do with the way the games play sort of like video games.
It's weird to think of a pin playing like a vid, but the goals are clear and the sound ties it all together.

#8466 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

The game is designed to make you panic flip and it will punish you for it. You need to trap up as much as you can and take a deep breath, then make your shot. Its the same way I did TNA. These are the types of games that I think are the most fun. If you want to play it crazy, definitely just try and make shots on the fly, it will be insane.
--Scott

Soooo, Yoga Pinball vs. Drunken KungFu Pinball......

#8507 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

Woah 3 days from options to invoice? I thought the invoice was when it was ready to ship?
Damn I've got to get my Skateball sold this week

Yeah, I received my build sheet on Monday, and paid my invoice last night as well. #427.
I did not select a Butter cabinet, so not sure if that plays into build time.
I did not expect to see invoice for a few weeks.
No idea on what actual build time will look like at this point, but beginning to get fidgety over here.

#8712 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Same. While the idea of an internet connected machine seems intriguing, I think the drawbacks outweigh the positives. Can you imagine getting a virus on your new $9K pinball that fucks up the computer? Not to mention, pins are already expensive toys...hard to justify continuing to pay for the machine long after it's purchased.

With pinball having switched to using full-on computers, this vulnerability has always been in the back of my mind. I personally am averse to making any pinball machine I own another member of the IoT.

#8825 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I was thinking I’d have to tighten the outlanes after getting destroyed last night.

Increasing pitch can reduce side drains on most machines.
Alas, it increases SDTM drains.

#8888 3 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

Love this game.
THINK I found a rare glitch. (Last night with new code bitch)
Two balls locked, on two tilt warnings. Slap save caused tilt (Rick was not impressed)

Dang! what did you slap save with a shovel?

Nice find though!

#8900 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just checking do you need to unzip the code in any way before installing?

Only thing i tend to do when upgrading my TNA is delete all old files off the USB stick before copying the new pkg file over.
Just one of the OCD things that i typically do.

Otherwise so simple a caveman could do it.

#8973 3 years ago

Agreed.
First trust the manufacturer, then verify.
Running a coil test is not a bad idea as well. IMO

#9005 3 years ago

Pinside to the rescue yet again.

I've always maintained that the pinball owner hobby is similar to owning a British motorcycle. There is a saying "Triumph - How to turn a motorcycle enthusiast into a mechanic."
Me, i owned BSAs, but may as well be the same thing.

#9034 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Can washers be installed below the playfield in-between the entire flipper and coil metal bracket they are attached to? To pull the entire assembly away or down? To bring the flippers closer to the playfield?

washers can vary in thickness and may be hard to find some that fit. An acrylic shim may work better to make up for the 1/8".
But likely needs to be laser cut.

#9050 3 years ago

Santa is watching!

#9055 3 years ago

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

#9087 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

#423 Build sheet received and returned Monday Nov 30th, invoiced right at the end if the day Dec 3rd, paid immediately. Shipped Monday Dec 14th, scheduled to land Thursday the 17th.

Since you posted this yesterday, I've been refreshing my email like I'm shopping for a PS5.
My dates matched yours except for ship notice. Just got the email saying the #427 build is complete and they hopefully will get it on a truck tomorrow!

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

#9090 3 years ago

I just kinda dig the fact that Spooky will now have a "Spooky style flipper bushing" as opposed to Williams or Bally.

#9131 3 years ago
Quoted from Fbutts5575:

You two are making me antsy! I am number 424 got the invoice the same day and returned it the next day.... didn’t get invoice for a week and a half later (dec 11th)... machine went on the floor for assembly on the 10th.
Hoping they can get the machine finished this week and out early next week. Doesn’t spooky close down for the week after Xmas??

I feel your anxiety brother...

#9136 3 years ago
Quoted from flowcanon:

Is there any truth to this rumor that a lot of the 400's already went over seas so we might be in for a jump soon?

There are even machines in the 500's that are already in peoples hands. This was due to the cost savings of filling out a shipping container.
Pretty sure i read that even a SE machine was already built as well.

#9139 3 years ago

#427 is on its way. Shipped out today. Due 12/21

#9143 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

That’s rad.
You gonna open it up? Or wait till Christmas?

Bahahahaha. Right. I think i waited long enough this year.
I have next two weeks off, so i got some catching up to do with all these impossibly high scores being posted.

#9265 3 years ago

The eagle has landed bitches!

20201221_132848 (resized).jpg20201221_132848 (resized).jpg20201221_143313 (resized).jpg20201221_143313 (resized).jpg20201221_152719 (resized).jpg20201221_152719 (resized).jpg20201221_184313 (resized).jpg20201221_184313 (resized).jpg20201221_190158 (resized).jpg20201221_190158 (resized).jpg20201221_191121 (resized).jpg20201221_191121 (resized).jpg
#9281 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

A couple questions.
I think I'm going to have to remove the head in my driveway in order to get it in my house and upstairs. Does the shipper contact you before delivery? If it's raining i'd obviously like to put off delivery a day. How hard is it to remove the head? I've only ever had older B/W which have all be really easy, any tricks I should know?

It likely depends on the shipping company. R+L texted me to schedule delivery. I called them and set up the time, i also requested the driver call before arriving as my driveway is a mess. I only have about 1/2" to 1" clearance on the doors coming into the house so shipping blankets FTW.
The head is only connected by the hinge bolts but LOTS of wiring. If you pull the head, at least leave the protective tape in place to avoid scuffs when reattaching. There is also the topper to be careful with when dealing with the head. Good Luck! I know i was as nervous as a whore in church bringing it in.

#9284 3 years ago

Just noticed something cool. My machine's born on date is exactly 1 year after purchase date.
12/16/2019 -----> 12/16/2020

#9295 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If my game were sold to a newbie (or someone that didn't have the time to investigate/tweak), I'd feel bad for them.

While i more or less agree, anyone that drops $8k on an unfamiliar hobby without the where withall to hire someone to maintain or the interest to maintain a pin themselves is a bit silly.

I have always believed, Pinball is kinetic art that humans pay money to hammer on. Kinda like giving a pane of glass (read iPad) to a 6 yr old. These things are imperfect and prone to breaking.

That said, i do agree that measurements must be considered for things like PF depth for hardware that penetrates said PF. Happy Spooky sees that and is willing to offer a proper fix.

#9300 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

#380 arrived yesterday.
Was expecting #386 as that was my place in line. All the options look correct - maybe just a placard mix-up??? Anyhow - if you’re the owner of #380..... enjoy #386.

Have to imagine Spooky is coping with lots of folks not ready or last minute back outs with this crazy economy.

Happy to hear you are playing.

1 week later
#9491 3 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

Yo fellow Mortys! (Morties?)
Flippers sticking up occasionally- requiring a double tap.

Hi Mike,

I had this issue on my left flipper. Turned out to be a tiny bit of flash plastic on the housing the flipper button runs through. Xacto knife to trim the excess flash off the button housing and the flipper never gets stuck again.

Just enough flash for the flipper button to keep the leaf switch in contact.

Good luck.

1 week later
#9783 3 years ago

Just tinkering today. Just did this as a test.
If somebody wants to pipe it to a bigger display the DVI channel on the MB is live.

20210110_112744 (resized).jpg20210110_112744 (resized).jpg

#9787 3 years ago

I was thinking about tossing the video out to one of my tv’s for fun. Doesn’t it have an HDMI out to use?

HDMI out is used for default display. They make DVI to HDMI cables though.

#9831 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Spent this afternoon solving my R&M audio issues. Solution cost $10 I purchased this spacer from Amazon and bought 4 2" screws to accommodate the spacer/cabinet

Shout out to snaroff here on the felt MDF spacer ring for the subwoofer.
I spent the $10 thinking "meh, what could it hurt."
Left my screen on.

It improved my sound/vibration issues 10 fold.
Didn't even realize how rough it was.

#9857 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

I've messed with my eos a few times and no luck. checked my stop and coil sleeves.
Ill keep tweaking my eos i guess. Thanks

Take a look at the flipper button assembly.
The outer piece of the button (threaded part) had a very small amount of flashing from the plastic mold. This caused the button to occasionally keep the flipper switch actuated.
I trimmed it off with Xacto knife and my flipper has never been stuck up since.

20210113_163537 (resized).jpg20210113_163537 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#10182 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

I have always been a little bothered by the rattling that happens when Rick's ship operates.

Interesting.
I wonder if Rick will notice that rattle under the hood is gone?

2 months later
#12281 3 years ago

Wonder how many folks were getting the shakes not being able to post for 5 days....

1 week later
#12602 3 years ago

Just a random shout out to again thank epthegeek for all his hard work and commitment. Not many pins can boast 20 code releases/patches since first public release. Not to mention the regular addition of new modes. I can't imagine the amount of coding that is needed to introduce new content without breaking existing features. Thanks man! Some day I'd like to buy you a beer.

#12605 3 years ago

Anyone ever put a tiny dot of lithium grease on a Q tip or something and rubbed it in the cup to create less friction?

Avoid lubrication. I suspect you have many plays on the game. I would pull apart/clean/inspect/reassemble the pop bumper plunger assembly. The sleeve should be clean. If showing any wear, replace the sleeve. Make sure the coil is tight in the mount and not shifting if possible. Also check for cracks on the skirt legs.

3 weeks later
#13481 2 years ago

I thought I was going crazy, but the flipper bats are definitely different from all other games I have from different companies.
See image attached showing the tip of the bat is about 3mm for Spooky and 4mm for generic bat from other games.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Personally i am just impressed that you can read millimeters on a ruler that measures inches....

2 months later
#15288 2 years ago

This has probably already been mentioned but there is a very lengthy discussion on the displays in the TNA club thread. The pitch of the screen is mucho better on RnM than on TNA. Some folks went so far as to 3d print a wedge mounting baffle to kick the view up a bit. Lots of discussion on different displays to swap out with after market. I am 6'1" so it is not optimal for me on either machine, but RnM definitely looks better after some adjustments on the screen settings.

#15351 2 years ago

Happy National Pinball Day. Just had my best game yet. 26M.

#15365 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Thanks again in advance.

If you are looking for opinions or "guidance" you've come to the right place.
My recommendation is, don't buy anything until you get the machine and play it for yourself for a few weeks.
Then look at the Key posts listed at the top of the forum for ideas for "beautification" and gameplay behavior.
You will find you don't need to do EVERYTHING posted here to achieve what you prefer.

I have the modified shooter cage from PBL (purple) and feel it wasn't necessary, but i am satisfied with the purchase due to the subtle improvement of consistency in ball drop.

#15487 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Thanks. Flipped through all of those and couldn't find any showing the location of the hole to be drilled. Was just curious how close it ended up being to the original hole.

It wouldn't matter if you got a picture.
Think of every build as a one off. The ball guide is a little different on each build. Some builds required no adjustment.

What you are looking to do is improve the arc of the ball guide so there is a little more clearance and no flat spots in the arc.
Your hole placement will be determined on the arc of your ball guide.
Jus take your time, measure twice and drill once.

#15490 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I am anxiously awaiting the results and a final verdict on what replacement screen is best. Such an affordable upgrade that makes a big difference.
I bought my R&M used and they didn't order the speaker grills or lights. This is the other upgrade I would buy in a heartbeat if it was available.

They are likely crazy busy right now, but at some point you should email Kayte to find out if they are selling them. That is how i got grills/LEDs for my TNA.

#15505 2 years ago
Quoted from sheahan2:

Mine falls in the Prototype/Spooky Teams category, yes outside the 750... It was one of a couple that were supposed to be sent to all the shows over the past year and a half...but we all know how that story ended up. So with no shows these were sold off, NIB...and that's where I came into the story. It has all the original issues but came with some pinball life gear to fix them. Still need to fix the flippers and tweak the shots.

Thats kinda cool.

#15618 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

FYI - I added that setting at Scott's request. I don't know what size fuse he'd recommend, or if he's even comfortable telling other people what size he would recommend.

fuse (resized).jpgfuse (resized).jpg
#15645 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah. The issue where the balls would go into the scoop and not eject and ball search wouldn’t happen. In the end, it was an issue that would occur if you completed the targets to light mystery during the awarding of a mystery, which is a very short window during multiball because it happens quickly, but it exists. Once I realized where it was going wrong, it was a simple fix. The game stacks mystery awards now, if you light a new one while the other one is happening.

This happened to me for a second time just the other day.
Super excited you sourced and squashed it!

Of course it liked to happen when having a great game.

#15666 2 years ago

While I am not really interested in converting to a DLC model, I suppose once a game is arguably "finished" and polished, i would not be terribly upset if epthegeek decided to offer something crowdfunded for new content.

That said, Spooky is boutique and something like unexpected random code releases, after "final code" would continue setting them apart.
Kinda hard for Spooky to get much cooler at this point.

#15777 2 years ago

Question for you guys. Finally got my machine today, while cleaning it I noticed this under the house, is this normal or a stray piece that wandered off?[quoted image]

A) what is the machine number?
B) kind of hard to understand what is the ask.

Is this about diverter?

#15779 2 years ago

Don't know any part number,

The build number (serial) helps understand when the machine hit the field.
Folks will need to figure out what you are impacted by.

The pic doesn't tell me you have an issue in playability, or if it is a lifted cosmetic defect.

#15828 2 years ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

Hi Everyone!
Even game plays fine out of the box... Here are my little Modifications:
Apron: add missing post (ball could have get stuck and even completely fit through the gap) and file down metal bracket.
... Trektobby [quoted image][quoted image]

Had the weirdest thing happen... Got an airball ... and ended going through the gap at the side of the apron, then rolling down and into the coinbox.
After looking at it, there is a huge gap between the apron and wall of the cabinet.

Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I had this happen twice, .... I got a replacement light strip I also ordered a basic post with a wood screw base from Pinball Life (like the ones on the PF) and installed it on the rail right in front of the gap. This seems to have fixed the issue.

A few folks had noticed the gap on the left side of the apron. I thought i'd post some detailed photos of what i did, that more or less repeats what others have done as well.

The second pic is an actual pinball from the game, i just used the wrench to keep it from falling under.
I drilled a pilot hole with a bit on the screwdriver.
Tried to show the parts used as well as the location.

I had these laying around, but i think i have the post p/n.
Post - 03-9357-xx
Screw is 1 1/2" x #6
Rubber is 3/16 (I think)

IMG_20210822_153639 (resized).jpgIMG_20210822_153639 (resized).jpgIMG_20210822_153758 (resized).jpgIMG_20210822_153758 (resized).jpgIMG_20210822_154000 (resized).jpgIMG_20210822_154000 (resized).jpgIMG_20210822_154146 (resized).jpgIMG_20210822_154146 (resized).jpgIMG_20210822_154257 (resized).jpgIMG_20210822_154257 (resized).jpgIMG_20210822_154327 (resized).jpgIMG_20210822_154327 (resized).jpgIMG_20210822_154410 (resized).jpgIMG_20210822_154410 (resized).jpg
#15844 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I would like to know how many butter cabs they sold for this game SpookyCharlie SpookyLuke

All Spooky direct orders will not be known until Squirrel emails each buyer to ask about Butter.
The distributors break it down differently.

#15847 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Huh? What game are you referring, are you in the right thread?
Spooky knows how many butter cabinets they did for R&M.

Too many threads open...

1 month later
#16131 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Any must haves suggetions would be appreciated!

You are on the right track.

The left garage shot is just a hard shot (for me) but tweaking the left ball guide and adjusting the upper flipper really dialed it in so i make it more frequently.

I bought the new wire form and not b/c i needed to. I do prefer the consistency of the ball drop it provides. Be fore warned it does not use the same screw holes to anchor the top end.

Do you know if it has the new flipper bushings installed?

1 week later
#16180 2 years ago
Quoted from shimmydisc:

Are mirror blades available for this game yet? There’s gotta be demand for them.

There was a post recently in the TNA club thread about them not being produced for TNA anymore.

#16198 2 years ago

Yeah, I think epthegeek pretty much spoiled us with the rate at which he rolled out updates.

I am always open to new content and patches, but truth be told i have not even reached Rick Potion #9 yet.
So I am happy to face the current challenges for quite a while.

#16200 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Seems like a bunch of R&M machines are being listed for sale, I wonder why?

Market is hot
Lots of new pins rolling out
Folks are out of room

Edit: Less than 1% and two of those are trades is not what i consider a large number. Machines are a year old and an avg ask of $14k-$15k, its not like folks are trying to unload them.

#16206 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I was able to order replacement Noob plastics and protector direct from Spooky.

Yeah, first stop email Kayte/Morgan at Spooky.
Second stop PBLife

1 month later
#16638 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m a procrastinator, but I finally installed the revised flipper bushings. I was pretty happy with how mine played already, but figured I should just go ahead and put them in. Doesn't feel too different, maybe a hair stronger now. I feel like I got some left ramp shots that would have rolled back before.

After changing the bushings i had minimal improvement.
After realigning the flippers with ball guides I saw tremendous improvements in shot success.
Especially realigning the upper right ball guide that delivers to the flipper.

2 weeks later
#16757 2 years ago

I know you can increase the slam by like one second, but this game, unlike any other game I have ever owned, has a tendency to have the roll bounce around and roll slowly into the drain, losing you a save that you've earned.
Thanks for everything

No, it’s pinball, the ball bounces around. Them’s the breaks

If you really want the ball to drain faster just increase your pitch,... to oh say, about 7.75°.

1 year later
#19656 1 year ago
Quoted from Eug:

I bought a somewhat beat up R&M last summer and finally got it playable. Today I wanted to clear the high scores that were on it from it's previous arcade life, but every time I try, the game hangs and needs to be power cycled. I've seen someone else post about a similar issue, but I figured I'd try also in case anybody has any insight into a workaround for this.

Quoted from autosight780:

Yeah it does have the newest code installed. It’s definitely a weird thing

These sound quite similar.

- Make sure one ball is in the left subway and four in the trough.

- Open the machine and reseat all major connectors.
The LED connectors should not be necessary as they should not impact game play other than not lighting up.

- After all connectors are confirmed, I would perform a switch test (if possible) to see if any switches are stuck.

- Last step would be to re-apply the most recent code as it may have become corrupted somehow.

At any point you can call Spooky support and see what they have for suggestions.

1 week later
#19668 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man this game is great, and to think I almost sold it!
too much fun.

Also, there is an accumulator for the charge associated with the Anti Gravity (magna save) seen just to the left of the "A" on the playfield. You charge this up by hitting the Flooble Crank repeatedly. Flooble Crank is the steel rod you hit to unlock the horse shoe ball lock known as "The Car" which is Rick's spaceship.

10 months later
#20165 34 days ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Anyone have this happen to the ship? It's kinda of stuck in the up position.
Thanks Martin
[quoted image]

That just means Rick is drunk again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
Trade
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 13,500.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,000 (OBO)
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Morinack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=Morinack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.