(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 4 years ago

I wonder who ended up with #750? Despite the horrendous wait it would be cool to know you got the last one that rolled off the line.

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

It seemed like it was similar to steepness and placement of Stern's Walking Dead left ramp.

It may be more narrow or set a little further back as TWD's left ramp is one of the easier shots in the game. Hmm

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Pics Interior decals , $65 installed by Spooky.[quoted image][quoted image]

I like dark, minimally decorated wallpaper like this... doesn't give it that claustrophobic "lit up kid's toybox" look that brightly colored wallpaper can cause (I refuse to call them "blades"

I actually prefer just straight black sides most of the time as then the lit PF seems to float in space and doesn't remind you you're looking into a box.

But I know I'm in the minority and my view might seem a little... odd I suppose. Lord knows there will probably be 10 variants soon available to choose from... more options are always good.

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I just want to throw this out there. I don't like tipping my hand too much but we have plans for a mod that would go behind your coin door. As such you would need to have the coin door with the bill validator space in it to utilize this mod fully. It isn't strictly required but the effect would be 100% better if you had the door with the bill validator slot. I only say this because I know people are ordering games and I want to give the heads up since you have the opportunity now to get the door. I believe it's a slightly increased price from Spooky for the different door but I can see that door being used for several mods so I would think for the small price it would be worth it now, just in case. The door is available commercially but it would not have the powder coat finish for either version of R&M so either way you would want to get it from Spooky.

Sounds like a swinging plumbus in a lit box going where the bill validator would be. That would look pretty disturbing

#546 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

How tall is it with the topper..beginning to wonder if my ceiling is high enough

Yeah I may have to take advantage of their offer to send a lower mount for the disk. Or you could simply drill a hole lower in the original mount and relocate the spinning disk. That way you'd always have both options available. Hmm

#590 4 years ago

Attract mode is pretty unique. Like someone painting with a roller. Awesome!

#668 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

A fully charged magna-save could be a cool award given for a successful skill shot from a launched ball.

That WOULD be a good award... I sure as heck needed it today. Still it fills pretty quick but nothing worse than hearing that "depleted" sound while you're still wrangling with the ball. Lotsa fun.

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

It’s in a place that makes it usable as a Magna Save

Yeah it's a great mini game in itself. You can't just have it grab the ball, let go and have it fall into the inlane. It stops the ball pretty reliably but then it may sway to the right and left... so for me the trick was to try to let go as it swayed towards the inlane.

Pretty awesome game... real pretty to look at too. Couple of the shots were tough but so satisfying to hit. Might be a perfect home game in that regard. I had some issues getting the ball to settle down when trying to trap and shoot (and you *really* need to not flail in this game) but that may be my unfamiliarity to the slightly less steep setup of this particular machine. Or the silicone bands... I'm used to super bands but these felt very different. Plus I plain sucked on this particular outing

I did get to see a fellow player finish the "life of..." mode and that was cool. He had a bad life and died horribly but I love this mode. Wish all modes took different paths and could be finished like this one. Playing pinball to narration works surprisingly well. Who'd figure?

I do wish the sound effects for the ramps could be cranked up a bit. Nailing the left ramp is so satisfying but there doesn't seem to be enough audio "oomph" to go with it. All other other sounds were great... ball lock, spinner, etc...

Great job by the Spooky team!

#990 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Good stuff.
I love these little tutorial videos.

These really ARE great aren't they? Wish everybody did them.

#993 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Just seems really flimsy the way it is.[quoted image]

Or you could bend it up a quarter inch and have it never bother you again. You don't really think balls going over it will actually bend it back down do you?

When I played it the launch felt solid. No rattling around towards the end, etc. It's not as flimsy as you're thinking.

#1300 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

It didn’t seem like luck to me... it was definitely luck!

I'll take luck any day. In fact I depend on it

#1336 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Climb aboard the "Whirly Dirly" is taking off on another fast paced crazy Spooky adventure! More details in our thread and available this week from our website store. What a Great high speed game. Just had to have its own roller coaster!
www.TheModCouplePinball.com[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Since the ball will be shooting back towards the player down the ramp shouldn't the character on the "roller coaster" be facing the player also. Just seems like he is going against the flow of the game there. Maybe see how it looks if you just spin him around (provided he has a face).

Too much clutter for me but it looks good and I applaud your ingenuity.

#1371 4 years ago
Quoted from thescottiep:

I managed to get in on the last one from them a few days ago! #607

2 or 3 weeks ago they still had #94 available. I missed that by a day. Trying to move up the list has become a challenging game in itself. Can't wait.

#1401 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Scratching my head here a bit. I've been following both threads since day one, and steam seems to be letting off, not building up, as games come out.
I haven't seen any unboxing photos either or streams....

Well it's still mainly bars, etc getting them and I could care less to see the exact same stock machine coming out of the box in yet ANOTHER persons house. Just not worth the server space or diesel fuel frankly.

And since we've seen most of the current modes I don't feel any urgency for any more streams either... especially since most of the time you won't clearly hear the sounds,etc over people happily yammering. Most people were happy at what they saw and a lot of us have been able to play it so now it's just the waiting game.

I'm sure as more make into private homes you'll get to see the same box opened repeatedly

#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Too busy playing...but here is some of my pics.
Me and Morty...both beat up.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hit your head on the machine? Or was that courtesy of the wife when you rolled up with that in the car?

Should have warned her first

#1407 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

R&M was her idea. :party:I wanted to tell people she beat me up when I got high score...the real reason is I’m old, it was dark, there was stuff on the floor, and the nightstand assaulted me.

It really did! Well if you end up with a scar there you'll need a better story. Maybe something involving a knife fight

#1409 4 years ago
Quoted from Joniano:

Just played RAM at LAX and unfortunately/fortunately it's my fam's favorite game now. Odd shots, but it's just plain fun. The unfortunate part is that I missed out on the presale. Anyone have any contacts where I might be able to get a spot? I'd be fine with paying a little bit of a premium if I have to.

The guy in Austria that advertises here may still have one. That's where the last guy said he got his. It'll cost an extra grand though.

Don't worry it won't have to go overseas first

#1484 4 years ago
Quoted from thescottiep:

ICYMI, Post #1474 has a picture of the Apron cards... peep the instructions on the left and look through it. It's a bit funny, but I'd like to highlight that we are getting a MEESEEKS MANIA MULTIBALL. I hope THIS is relative to the episode where they grow increasingly infuriated with Jerry and his awful golf skills lol.
Excited to see what that will be all about

Add-a-ball is one of my fav things so hopefully this will come with a long and ample stretch of time to keep pumping them out.

Would also be cool to see the good 'ole white knuckle RESTART multiball timer ticking down on one of the multiballs. You don't see this that often anymore and it's always satisfying to manage to fire it up again at the last second.

-message to EP- Don't forget to add the WMS style "grace period" to these events that we have come to know and love
"JUST managed a last minute jackpot!"

Great job BTW!

#1512 4 years ago
Quoted from Joniano:

Found a taker in my Rick and Morty spot search! I'm in for #182! Game is dope.

Good for you dude. I'm too polite to ask how much that set you back

#1553 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Haven't seen the info on weight anywhere....
250-300 pounds?

Since I'm older now... they weigh more. Sad fact.

#1555 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

If pinside wants a voice, Spooky is it. The amount of input and listening to bitching the people/programmers do is next level. Thanks Eric! Glad to help.

Ain't that the truth! Preach!

#1560 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

But nope. Not a fear mongerer.

A "hope mongerer" then. Now that's a phrase that should get some traction

#1640 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Not with that attitude.
But seriously, I'd like to know too.

I think they said they would have lower mounts available but that you could always drill a hole a little lower in the original bracket and there will be enough room to lower the spinning "portal" down a bit. That's what I'm planning to do if it's too tall.

2 weeks later
#2037 4 years ago

My only comment is that particular font doesn't appear anywhere else in the game so it doesn't seem integrated at all.

Maybe if it was done with the same fonts as "anti gravity right flipper, etc" it would look like it fits with the rest of the fonts/artwork...?

1 week later
#2263 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Why is he quoting this post from you that’s 2 months old?

Maybe he's behind on his reading?

#2451 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yeah, whether whysnow’s game or not, the screws seem to be drilled in different places, factory or not.

Yeah and that fact that different games have the entrance to the loop shot drilled in different places is scary

This worries me a bit IF one hasn't been modified. Possibly one was drilled a little further back by the owner and you can't see the original hole under the tab.

I'm just hoping both of these didn't come from the factory drilled this differently. Wish we knew who the owner was in the pic that Whysnow used. Might clear this up.

#2510 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Just to clarify what is going on here. Some people were having rattling issues with these shots since I over-engineered the guide rails to be too stiff on ball impact points. This was resolved by people removing a couple screws on the guide rail tabs on early games. Even out of the box, the game is great. I am not sure who you asked about the guide rails, but spooky did not change the rails on R&M from the CAD I provided them. The only change is them now removing the unnecessary tabs on the guide rails as people found it plays better without them. I can assure you that the team is watching and making necessary adjustments to make the game the best it can be. I am sorry you are not happy with your game.
--Scott

Scott please leave the tabs in place without screwing them down. This will give the owners some options if they want to increase the curvature a bit more if desired.

More options = always better.

Thanks

1 month later
#3967 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

I tried to just do exactly what troz did. Check out the photos in post 2300.

I think he means the position of the screws in the spinner loop lane. If they are indeed screwed down. Glad to hear the loop shoots well.

#3975 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

That’s what I thought when I first looked at it, but I was wrong. That said, the screw removal doesn’t appear to just be to “add some flex to the rail” as I had heard it before. The arc of the rail has definitely changed. It’s now pushed back beyond the artwork and if you look where the original holes are, the are well in front of where the empty tabs line up. They just didn’t drill new holes to fasten down the new arc. The rail is solid without those two tabs screwed down.

Yes this is what had been described to me by Spooky so your comment threw me off. Glad they did it this way and kept the tabs on the rail "just in case" someone wants to tinker.

Awesome company with awesome people. The only company that seems to be able to easily navigate the minefield that is a pinball forum

Congrats on the machine you lucky SOB. I've got some painful waiting until the low 300's.

#4143 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

Received #122 today. I have to wait until I have help tomorrow to get it into the house, so it will spend the night in the driveway under a tarp.

Where do you live again dude? I forgot your address

1 month later
#5158 3 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

If you haven’t tried it you can hear more detail on the high end sounds by turning down the subwoofer. Also the glass doesn’t rattle. You can find the manual for the Lepai LP-168HA amp online. I adjusted the Sub Volume knob. There is a sound test in the settings that will play different back ground songs and you can reach the knob from the coin door.

Somebody turns subs down?

Nahh I get it

#5218 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Okay..I'm shaking my head at this one. This should be on a hinge...plastic is going to break, especially after 10-15 years when it becomes brittle.

Hmmm... I'd be careful what you wish for. I agree it needs a more permanent solution but a traditional metal hinge will be ugly up there with all the lighting around it. It's in a very visible spot.

What would be the most aesthetically pleasing fix I wonder?

#5274 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How come I did not see this before I wrote my bit of drivel?

Hey don't feel bad... we ALMOST had a little controversy going here. But just like many times before in this thread Spooky manages to nip it in the bud. Preemptive shutdown.

Where's the fun in that?

3 weeks later
#5803 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Lower right flipper going limp, sometimes taking two presses to flip, sometimes just flickering and sometimes nothing. I didn’t get any replies when I asked what coil power settings ppl are using but I sure would like any help with this cause changing the coil settings for it or the hold power aren’t doing the trick. Thanks for any help!

Might be a physical issue with the long reed switch that contacts the right flipper button in the cab. Been a lot of discussion about it already including cutting it down and adding a NF-style clear disk to reliably work with the flipper button. Scott made sure they were available at PL if people wanted to go that route. You'll have to look back a couple months as I don't know where the posts are in the thread. Maybe do a search for posts from o-din as he came up with this idea for R&M.

#5804 3 years ago

Damn and I wrote an entire paragraph. lol "Brevity is the soul of wit".

3 weeks later
#6447 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Ok thanks. What is the suggested fix?

The right flipper has an elongated physical switch that can be problematic so look through the key posts... maybe look for the one's with O-din in them as he went to a clear disk that is available from Pinball Life as an alternative (and hopefully problem-free) method.

#6452 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Just checked out o-din's post about the clear plastic washer fix. He ended up changing it out though and modifying the switch with another leaf blade or something as apparently it wasn't a 100% fix. I would have thought there was a more definitive fix for this by now. I guess I'll try the clear washer and see what happens.

Maybe try cleaning and gapping the right flipper leaf switch first and see if that somehow clears up the issue. Another poster mentioned this and sometimes the simple fixes do wonders.

Good luck! I hate intermittent issues myself.

1 month later
#7711 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

The PF isnt looking so barren anymore. I know toys and mods are hit or miss with the Pin crowd, but I like them.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Jesus.

#7812 3 years ago

Knowing that I'll be hearing the scream and fart dimensions constantly has somewhat diminished my expectations of the game. Yes I know if you get past them it will then truly randomize but it still means I'll be hearing them more than anything else. And they my least favorite sounds to have to endure. Especially the screams. I'll probably sadly have to lower the overall volume of everything just to get through that dimension.

Personally I wish there was indeed a setting for true randomization from the get go for those that don't particularly care about the score and want more to experience each time they play. I also don't have endless time to play the game so that will limit my advancement also.

Oh well just thought I'd cast a vote for a truly "random" setting. I know it's not popular with everyone else here. (but you wouldn't need to use that particular setting anyway then).

Looking forward to getting mine soon in any case.

#7858 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Probably will get some downvotes for this but here go...
I think if Eric was planning to make a change on this dimensions “topic” he would’ve said so already. He was pretty clear in his post about the dimensions and how it operates.
This game is amazing guys and if you don’t own one I don’t think you should be on this thread talking about makings changes to the code. That’s Eric’s job and he does a pretty damn good job with it!
I don’t think he should start making changes to appease a few people complaining about something they don’t like/prefer about a way the game is coded. Honestly, I think Eric was way to nice with his response and he should’ve responded to the suggestions with this meme;[quoted image]

Hmm. I could have sworn there were other helpful suggestions players have made that DID make it into the code but maybe I'm wrong.

What makes Spooky so special is that they actually DO listen to the customer... unlike most others.

Eric's gotten NOTHING but accolades over here (from me obviously) and a suggestion about an option shouldn't be viewed as a "complaint".

I didn't mean for my post about an option to come off as a complaint but maybe it did. I was a little down so my tone probably wasn't on point.

I just wanted to avoid hearing the screaming dimension in every game (or every other game). That's all. Not a huge deal I suppose.

#7860 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Having a menu option is not effecting anyone unless they change the menu option. I think people complaining about the option are being salty for no reason.

Yeah the whole "censor" thing is pretty popular right now. "We like it the way it is and wouldn't change it - but YOU should not have another option or even have the temerity to ASK about it!" lol

Why would other people care that would never use the option? I certainly wouldn't care how others set up their game and there's an option that gave them more enjoyment I'd be all for it. I don't get the nattering nabobs of negativism towards the suggestion. (There's an old quote for ya - though it sounds vaguely R&M-like )

1 week later
#8280 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I just got my game and set it up yesterday and had the same issue. Could feel the plunger hitting the flipper switch.
[quoted image]
My solution was to lower the entire switch assembly one "hole". My right switch had 4 holes in the cabinet, and was mounted in the bottom two. But it was still too high and could hit the shooter lane plunger. So by lowering it so the top hole in the switch mounts in the very bottom/last hole, it is at the correct height to clear the plunger. I did have to very carefully drill a small pilot hole in the cabinet for the second lower screw hole and then screwed it in there. Seems to be working well there, though the overall level of resistance provided by the switches is less now because of the lever-action the longer plastic piece is given. Might need to adopt spring-loaded flipper buttons.
[quoted image]
I also replaced the plastic blade with a thicker variant that has less flex than the original.
I plan to do a larger write-up / review after I have a bit more time on the game (which is a blast!). There are certainly a couple of things I've found that are really questionable, this switch setup being one of them.

The leg clearance and angle now look good. Is that how it came out of the box or did you double up the leg mounts or something?

#8281 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I was so happy with my 72mil score. But alas, it did not hold. My son crushed it!
[quoted image]

Tell your son to be careful when he puts the glass back on after playing! . I think I'd have to set it to a 10 ball game to get that kind of score.

#8352 3 years ago

Ok I know this has been discussed before but I don't see it in the key posts... can someone tell me the total height of the topper from the top of the backbox? I glossed over this before as I was going to put it in a room with a high ceiling but now may put it somewhere else.

I do know you can drill a hole in the mount to lower the disk if needed but I'm not sure by how much... I figure maybe an inch or so (to be safe).

Thx!

#8356 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I have 7' in my basement. The topper is a few inches over 7 feet. Lowering the disc doesn't help because you can't lower the Rick and Morty plastic. Luckily I do not have a ceiling in some spots.[quoted image]

Well you certainly made that work didn't you?

7' is helpful but it would also matter then how high you have the back legs jacked up and most of mine are set pretty high. So it could be over 7' if yours are not as high (or less if yours are set even higher than mine).

So I'm still looking for the height of the topper itself as I can then add that to my other machines already in the questionable area and see if I have that much space on top to pull this off.

But the 7' gives me something to work with so I'll use that measurement first.

#8619 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Huh, really? Here’s Janky:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Damn you've worked all this magic from that thing? Color me even MORE impressed! Unreal.

#8621 3 years ago

I know this has probably been asked and answered but has anyone hooked up an external subwoofer and bypassed the internal speaker entirely? I've gotten most vibrations out of the cab but I'm interested just to see how it would sound only hooked up to my external.
The internal sub still runs when it's wired from the speaker to the external and I'm not sure how to only run the external alone.

Next will be to tackle my shaker which must be more like a Red Tremor as even on the lowest setting it's a jackhammer that shakes the backglass, speaker panel, etc etc. I suppose I could experiment with the weights to see if that smooths it out a bit.

#8746 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Still not "fully" random -- the "feature" then "positive" then "negative" rotation still exists - the setting just doesn't hold back the more challenging dimensions from appearing as the first one in a category. Also, with the 4 new feature dimension there should be greater variety for the 'first' one, even if you don't change the setting.

You
Are
The MAN!!!!

Made my Xmas season right there!

#8748 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Loving the new code. One potential glitch I have noticed is that the music no longer changes when I change to another dimension. Just stays with the normal mode music. No biggie, but the different music was an easy way to figure if you were in a positive or negative dimension without looking.

Did you reboot after the update? Just to be sure?

#8839 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Is the game too easy, do you have it easy set up or are you just an amazingly skilled player? :O

He's a good player. I watched a little of his stream... even the anguish when his 144 mil game (which was about to beat his 148 GC score) locked up and ended it all

#8844 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

The game is too difficult.

Nah. If you leave your flippers the way they are for easier backhanding you'll get a feel for the way the other shots tend to be further down the flipper than most games. Or you could set them up in the more traditional manner.

-OR-

Turn on the training wheels for a while. I've never seen a game that gives you a ball saver for virtually ANYTHING that can go wrong like this one.

Don't like the pop bumper? Increase slam save time. Scoop? Turn on saver. Portal exit? Turn on saver. U turn? Turn on saver...
and so forth.

Once you get a feel for the game you can start turning them off. This is a game that can be set up so even the most novice player (like my daughter) can enjoy. I appreciate these options that Scott and Eric put in so my non-pinball friends can get some fun out of the game. And most my local friends fall under this category.

This won't apply if you don't actually own it and only play it in the wild though... then you're on your own

#9113 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I always wondered about that setting. It confuses me. If in fact this setting makes the inner loop shot smoother, why would it not be a default setting? In fact, why would it even be an option? I.e., what would the advantage be to *not* turning it on?

I had mine on from the beginning and indeed my inner orbit was smooth right out of the box. I didn't love hearing the clack of the diverter with every loop so I then disabled it and the shot is still smooth with no rattling rejects, etc.

So I've left mine off.

#9243 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I would have to be able to hit that shot before it could not register.
It's a tight one!

C'mon it's easy to hit. Just aim for the ramp or the orbit...

1 week later
#9551 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Adjusting the LCD settings of the stock panel won't help the poor viewing angle that causes a washed out look even a few degrees off angle if it is a TN (as it seems to be). That's why I'm interested in any part number markings on the stock panel to determine what kind of panel it is as well as the model of the LG to confirm it's an IPS flavor or a PVA.

I'd be interested also. It's the viewing angle that kills it for me as if I hunch down a foot or less then it's jet black and just right. I was thinking of trying to angle back the screen in the frame but the setup isn't optimal for that. Simply swapping out the screen with something with a confirmed wider viewing angle would ideal.

#9657 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Well I'm 6' and I can barely get to the very distinct and sudden washout angle by standing on tippy toes and stretching my neck, and standing on an inch of standing cushioning for the concrete which the machine is not on... hardly manlet Pmsl
I simply don't get this display thing, unless a player is like 6'8" or more.... I suppose maybe that's getting more common these days?. Or maybe everyone's running like 9 degree playfield pitch or something ?
Anyway, each to their own I spose.

If you're 6' like me you'll see the washout on the very final all-black screen that just has a tiny Morty head on it. The black is grey unless I hunch down and then it goes all black. Also notice it in the "What the hell?" ending sequence as it's so dark. That's really the only time it bothers me at all. But it's the LAST thing I see usually

I have my brightness at 0, contrast 100 and gamma on. I also play it in the dark hence the brightness setting. I do have the PF set pretty steep also. I hadn't considered that until you mentioned it.

#9659 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Thanks for watching! I concur. This game has the best theme integration into a pinball, ever. Nothing comes close. Karl Urban pulling a few lines in Stern Trek and "Hopper" in Stranger Things sure is cool but it's not as authentic as R&M.

Yeah I was going to say "look what can be done when they have all the assets"... but then realized they really didn't - it's missing quite a few voices from the show.

But it's coded SO WELL you never even notice. When they've added a new voice like Scary Terry it was excellent quality. So well done it fits right in with the authentic dialogue made for the machine. It would have been easy for that to hit a wrong note and stick out from the rest of the modes.

The voice work on this game reminds me of the care and quality on many classic WMS/BLY games.

#9715 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Spooky - can anyone say if the leg issue has been resolved? I'm ordering some parts and wanting to know if I need those protectors.

Simply ask Spooky (or have your dist ask) for an extra set of leg protectors. I did this and used the extra set between the legs and the protectors already on the cab (like Metallik describes) and it nicely keeps the legs well away from the cab.

No need to pay extra for the Mantis.

I also had some black plastic leg bolt washers from PL that I used to protect the leg's purple finish. Did that to be OCD but not necessary.

On that note I have to mention how nice Spooky's decal process is. I expected to have some mild woodgrain showing under the decals like Stern's but at least on my machine it's mirror-smooth and also has the neat tuck-in process they do on the corners. Pretty impressive.

1 week later
#10008 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

To be the voice of...well the opposite, I can't imagine that actually looks good? Needs some paint or artwork on it. Too much of it shows to be just a big chunk of metal. I suppose maybe the crystal mod in front might cover it up some?
That being said, it does seem it might be necessary.

Yeah I think it looks awful. All that light up there and the great light show will be blocked by a dark rectangle of metal. Simply loosen the screws and nuts on the right side of the clear plastic and it will probably last forever.

#10092 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Jesus! Is this the fault of bad design or poor quality control?
I’m expecting my game in a few weeks and I’m not looking forward to tinkering for a full work week worth of hours

I've spent a blistering hour or three on "tweaking". Changed the flipper rubbers and replaced the fan that sounded like a Concord landing in the living room.

I "could" fool around with some of the guides but it's playing damn good so I figure I'll wait.

#10093 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Can someone rec USB sticks for this sorta thing. (Pref BBuy options over Amazon)
I am a complete luddite with NO computer/tech savvy.
I have no idea what updating will entail, but I am guaranteed to have all sorts of issues achieving one without issue.

Don't get a very large one as you want to format it in the old FAT format. I used a Micro Center 8 gig freebie and it worked perfectly the first time (after I finally found out where the USB input was... lol.

#10095 3 years ago

If anyone is interested I've been slowly updating our progress on the garage portal mod in our product development thread. Here is the latest video of v0.7. Getting very close to a beta product ready for market testing. Some cool/trick lighting effects we are doing that have stock game integration. All will be revealed shortly. The portal spins based on the lit portal status and the lights give motion and depth to the portal. Looks 100 times better in person than these quick youtube phone video tests.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-mod-co-development-thread/page/8#post-6084292

Looks nice but I assume that dustbuster whine is the game's original power supply fan and not your mod right? Hearing that whine brought it all back again! Vic's fan kit is a MUST but getting the power supply out with the PF in the way killed my back with the contortions I had to make

Some muscular minion at Spooky had cranked the connectors down so hard that getting them off the power supply was one of the tougher things I had to do lately.

#10097 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

This kind of thing right here...I know it probably means something significant.

Nahhh. If you get one less than 32 gigs you really don't even have to format it at all. With a PC you can just right click the flash drive icon when it's plugged in and you'll see the "format" option. Then pick quick format in FAT or FAT32.

You'll be fine. Plus it may come with the recent build already on your machine.

#10100 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Yeah, me neither, but just lending a hand

Might just be habit from video games. Like when you update and find the only "bugfix" was to add advertisements or something. Oops gotta step back!

Certainly doesn't seem needed for this game though... unless Eric gets disgruntled and goes rogue one day

1 week later
#10421 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Anti-rattle tape is inexpensive, and proven to work well. Don't know why you'd fiddle with zip ties under the rail if the relief was so short-lived...

Don't you see the black tape on the edges of the glass when in the game then? I've never had to use it so I don't know.

3 weeks later
#11077 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I have not played with that adjustment at all and will check tonight. Thanks!

You can also turn the scoop power level down. I think I dropped mine from 20 to 16 or so. Any lower it would start getting unpredictable so you'll have to fiddle with it a bit.

Beats having the scoop shoot the ball with such unnecessary force. My flippers were holding up but I could feel them groaning under the assault.

2 months later
#12783 2 years ago

I can confirm that at least *sometimes*... you need to power cycle the game when switching flipper settings. I noticed this the first time I tried the latest code and when I went from default to "original" they started fluttering repeatedly on their own. I remember thinking "Oh no this is NOT how mine were originally" but after a power cycle they then behaved as expected.

I didn't mention it as I figured it could have been a one time thing, something related to my game only, etc but now that I see another mention of it people should give it a try if you get wonky results after switching.

#12885 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Would the EOS engage differently just from adjusting the flipper like 1/8"?

Also make sure there is a tiny gap (like edge of playing card) between the flipper and the bushing. If it's jammed up against the bushing (easy to do since they are so high) it will drag and overly heat the coil. Just yank up on it and make sure it has some play.

But yeah that could indeed affect your EOS if it's now not engaging at the end of the stroke.

1 month later
#14154 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Make sure the game is completely level for your lockbar issue. The cab needs to be totally level for the glass and cab to be square.

----THIS---- ^^^^^

3 weeks later
#14648 2 years ago
Quoted from Beamer2007:Just started to install my printed spacers for the flippers, and i notice half the screws installed so far are 3/8th and not 1/2th long. Is this normal?
thanks

It is. The shorter ones are on the inside.

#14661 2 years ago
Quoted from Beamer2007:

Ok, so then I should use the new 5/8ths on the outside and use the supplied 1/2's on the insides?
thanks!

I sent you a PM about what I did. I didn't want to ream out the inner holes in case I wanted to eventually install the new bushings and go "stock". Basically found some screws that would extend enough to grab the shorter side through the spacer but not expand the holes.

I'm not sure anybody knows why Spooky used shorter screws on half the flipper assembly anyways so it probably doesn't matter.

I used Toyotaboy's QUITE affordable "Xless" spacers (cuz I'm cheap) and they went in quick with no drama. Like others, I turned down the flipper power a bit (starting to get airballs) and they do feel great now at the proper height.

Personally I hate to have to loosen and re-tighten flipper shafts unless I have to. The amount of force needed to get them to stay in position is always a little... alarming

#14694 2 years ago

Yeah that doesn't offer any clue as to why all three flipper mechs use smaller screws on the inside mounts. PF certainly isn't any thinner there and no other assemblies are in the way. I just see Scott telling people not to use flipper spacers and wait for the bushings... 6 months ago.

#14699 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Sorry it wasn't clear. As a result of the thinner PF, using the larger screws in visible areas is prone to cause VISIBLE micro humps (the opposite of dimples). The hidden micro humps underneath the sling plastics or apron aren't a big deal since they can't be seen. HTH.

I get that but I *think* the right lower flipper assembly hangs straight down into a visible part of the PF. Maybe that ends up under the sling though. Ok I can see the intent.

That's why I hunted around to find a screw for the spacer that would mimic the small screw. Figured there had to be some reason for the different sizes.

Didn't want to spoil my record of over 20 years of swapping out assemblies etc and never poking a screw through the PF

Seen my share of used beaters with what seemed to be drywall screws coming up out of the PF though. THAT makes an impression you don't soon forget. Ouch

#14727 2 years ago

He quit posting on here because of the jackaninnies. But I’m sure he’s still crushing R&M code

Yeah three or four loudmouths ganged up on him and finally managed to piss him off. Sadly a typical forum occurrence.

Let's *hope* he is still working on R&M but...

#14740 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What bullshit revisionist history is this? You might want to go back and read the thread before running your mouth.
Additionally, you are welcome for the fixed code for the 'non issue' that us morons were reporting. Read the patch notes of before and after for what was done.

Frankly I can't even remember if you were one of the bitchers that made this place feel like death for a few days and ran him off.

Not sure what issue you're referring to but a lot of us report stuff to him IN PM's... not pummel him in public.

Sorry you feel so guilty though. I never even mentioned your name or thought about you.

#14780 2 years ago

Also make sure you are running the latest update so changing your flipper settings will actually be recognized without a power cycle (but you probably know this).

#14880 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

I used the NEO version which has diffusers that get rid of any pin striping.
I was concerned about lowering the impact of the light show as well, but since the Pinstadiums follow the white GI, when the white GI goes out or dims for the light shows, the Pinstadiums go out or dim as well, so the light shows still look just like they did before I installed them. Here's a pic during one of the attract mode light shows. As you can see, the white GI is off and therefore so are the Pinstadiums.
[quoted image]

Hmmm not pinstadium related but I wonder if the blue crystal mod could be tied into the white GI? I have one but haven't put it in the game as the idea of it just being on constantly in a static manner while every other light is undulating, shutting down, etc kinda bugs my OCD.

Anybody done this or have any ideas? I haven't investigated it but I doubt it would be as easy as tapping into a bulb as in Bally/Wms, etc. Or maybe it is?

Anything would be better than always on (for me).

#15001 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

So I installed the new flipper bushings today... Wasn't too bad. I worked pretty slowly and it took me about two hours or so (was watching some tennis while doing it). Bottom right flipper was the trickiest for me...I had to remove the ball trough to get to it. I finally adjusted my EOS switches while I was at it. Flippers definitely feel better now, but I honestly wasn't having too many issues prior to the switch. Dead flips feel cleaner and more consistent after the change. I'm also having much better success hitting all the upper flipper shots.
One issue I continue to have (before and after the change) are air balls when shooting the right ramp with the left flipper. I know it's been mentioned here before, but I didn't see a key post for it (unless I missed it). What's the best solution for that? Thanks!!

Never had airballs off the right ramp but after lowering the flippers I was hitting the right orbit so hard it was banging off the upper diverter. Rather than fool with the diverter I just kept lowering the flipper power to the left flipper. I think I'm at 24 or something now and could probably go lower. I find none of the right side shots require WMS "blue coil" kind of power anyway.

Something to try first in any case. Then again if you have always had this issue Metallik's solution may be in the cards.

2 weeks later
#15216 2 years ago

This is the solution we came up with to prevent the ball from getting stuck on the apron bracket. We tried a few different methods (spacers, shims, wedges) to work around the existing bracket but in the end we kept saying that the solution we would want would improve the look, not work around it. The bracket has front to back adjustment and can be cantered so it can be aligned to the apron using the stock holes. It gets rid of the clear plastic under the bracket as well. It reduces the amount the bracket sticks out of the apron by about 60%. We'll produce these in 100% infill PLA+.
https://pinballmods.co/rick-and-morty-pinball-mods/apron-bracket-upgrade
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

All I had to do was put a couple washers at the back of the apron where it connects to the PF hangers. This moves the apron forward a tiny bit and then the mounting tabs can't touch the ball. Looks 100% stock so why re-invent the wheel?

That said your product looks nice.

#15256 2 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

The LCD screen: amazon.com link »
The HDMI Controller: ebay.com link: HDMI DVI VGA Audio Controller Board For 15 6 B156HW01 LP156WF1 1920x1080 LCD

So this will give you actual blacks in a dark room and if you're 5' 11" or so? Right now I have to hunch down to get the proper viewing angle even with brightness to 0 and contrast to 100.

Probably wouldn't be an issue unless you play in the dark as I like to do these days.

#15280 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Yeah I went through trouble of screen swap out, even though I'd dialed in my screen fairly well. But in the end viewing angle still gets me with new one.

Hmm so not a magic fix then? I was hoping a unit with a wider viewing angle would solve the issue. Good to know.

It's not a huge deal but one I'm interested in.

#15308 2 years ago

Here's what I just ordered.
Screen 15.6" IPS FHD 1080P 30pin
amazon.com link »
HDMI Input Controller Board Kit LCD Driver Board For 11.6'' 13.3'' 14'' 15.6'' 1920x1080
amazon.com link »
About $130 I think. I didn't look at what voltage they supply to the existing screen but I recall it's a barrel plug. Hopefully it's 12v but easy to tap that if not.

Yer a good egg! Appreciate you taking the plunge for those of us nitpicky enough to care about it. Or at least everybody over 5'11'' or so that likes to play in the dark. I'm excited!

#15433 2 years ago

I doubt it but I'll look. I'll also look at the mobo settings on the odd chance that it has something.

Damn dude... so close. But upside down

Does it seem to eliminate the grays and improve the viewing angle? I assume so but tell me more!

#15513 2 years ago

Yay, new screen arrived and got it all to fit. Working on some brackets now and I'll post up the details. [quoted image]

Awesome buddy! Try it in a pitch black room and see how the blacks hold up... can't wait to hear about it (and then grab your pre-tested choices on Amazon

#15516 2 years ago

I'm going to start watching TV on this thing.. [quoted image]

Quit the torture dude! lol. Just spill your guts on every minute detail. We're a demanding bunch here!

#15518 2 years ago

Looks pretty much the same from all angles. Deep black. I haven't touched the settings at all and it still has the protective plastic on it.

I didn't want to go telling people to buy as I just tossed it in there and hadn't done much testing since I just had it taped in place. It's all apart now as I'm printing brackets to get it to actually mount in there since it can't use the stock screen mount. It also needs a bracket to hold the controller PCB and it's keypad. I'll mess around with it this weekend and make a video on install if I get it all done.
Also, I noticed that it detected the resolution lower than what the screen and controller can handle so I wanted to check in to that before calling it good. I have a few other controllers I ordered that I can compare to and see if it is a limitation on the game hardware/software or a setting which we can't easily access/modify. Not that it needs more resolution but it's a 1920x1080 screen so might as well try to get that if it can.[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok now THAT'S an update. Appreciate it. You're right about the resolution so I can be calm now. Still pretty excited though

Usually little things that bug me but few others aren't going to get "fixed" but with you on the case I'm finally hopeful. Plus you've got the 3d printer and the know-how for the brackets ... AND... my gameplay on this beast has finally improved. Only took forever. Whole lotta cursing for the first few months. Glad my kids weren't around.

#15519 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Installed two new mods , DIY-Coil-Cooler and the new Leaf switches which scoot D. recommended.
The game feels much better now!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok 'fess up! Where did you get Scary Terry? ...and what is that frightening thing over the scoop?

#15543 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Up and down yes there is some flux, but it actually gets darker, not lighter. But i have it dialed in for me since I'm going to be playing it 99% of the time.
I don't care about left or right...

In a dark room with the contrast to 100 and the brightness to zero the blacks can get pretty grey for me. Now if I drop down 3 inches or so THEN they are nice and black. So it's a viewing angle thing that bugs me.
A good indicator is the final screen of the game before the match animations. It's just a small Morty badge on an all-black (grey for me at full height) screen.

Maybe most people don't play in pitch darkness or are a touch shorter... I know in a decently lighted room I wouldn't have an issue. But I like the light show in the dark so... I'm going to try the swap.

#15546 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Here’s the stock screen from a 6’5” view.
Blech!
[quoted image]

6'5"... damn you've got it worse than me or most everyone else. This may be the only time you wished you were shorter

I'm just glad there are options... if I hadn't grown so fond of this game I probably wouldn't bother.

#15561 2 years ago

Thanks!
Yeah, I checked in to seeing it there was any room for providing a kit especially with a discount over the individual pieces but the screens from wholesalers aren't much cheaper (especially after adding in shipping from China) plus timeline and such. Amazon is also great with returns. Seems the best way for everyone.

Yeah I'll be trying it out tonight and getting the brackets tomorrow. Unless I go duct tape . Nah

#15570 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any time you all see someone like Erik getting bullied, report it…I’ll kick the offenders out of the thread. Erik is too valuable to lose to a few self entitled jerks. This is a club thread after all.

This thread has always been overwhelmingly positive but at one point I noticed the mood soured and got real tense (don't want to use the trendy word "toxic"). People were frustrated with their flippers and then EP got frustrated and left (thankfully not forever).

This upset me to see so maybe I was a little hyperbolic in my description of the event... maybe. Certainly wouldn't describe it as "bullying" though.

Just didn't want to lose the guy! He's turned this game into something beyond special (to us fans anyway).

#15571 2 years ago

First of all, wow! Impressive! And it's not a new, shiny rating like Mandalorian. That just came out in May!
That said, here's some strategy. Note that apparently the game is given the highest score of all its variations for ranking purposes as the score for the game "group." In the case of R&M, this counterintuitively works in our favor. (Typically LEs have higher ratings, if I'm not mistaken.)
I say this because the Standard is at 9.046 but the BSE is inexplicably over half a point lower, at 8.478! Yet the game is listed as 9.046 overall.
Thus, if we are to enter more ratings in an attempt to stave off the haters or beat Mandy, we either have to put in enough higher ratings for BSE to raise it above the Standard's rating, or we need to enter more higher ratings on the Standard. The former would be hard to do, with it already having eight times the number of ratings entered...
So if you haven't rated the Standard, do so! Hell, it's not like you haven't played it, it's exactly the same game, just imagine the BSE in black and there ya go!

Man I appreciate your point (for those that really care about these things) but now if it takes the lead people will point to your post as evidence of voting "shenanigans" and claim it didn't earn its spot.

You should have simply taken the time to PM every single person in this thread

#15587 2 years ago

EP's ears must have been burning

#15601 2 years ago

Got my first 5x skill shot for 3mil this eve.

That's what makes it so special. It will routinely kick you in the balls as you approach it but *every once in a while*....

It makes the good moments far more memorable... I think. Helps to be a bit of a masochist too.

#15606 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Thanks! I will lift the table this weekend and ensure there is plenty of slack as well as use a small dab of hot glue. Thanks for the input!

First you may have to try to scrape off the hot glue Spooky *already* uses on those connectors. It just doesn't always hold. You'll find it used all over the place... both top and bottom LED readouts, connector to the screen in the head, etc.

First just try plugging in back in securely. Sometimes they've been shaken half loose from shipping so once you press them back in it may last for quite a while. I haven't had to re-glue my connector that got loose. Then again I'm not using the shaker... THAT may contribute to the issue also.

#15608 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Those particular connectors on my machine did not have any hot glue from the factory...so that settles it.

My underside looks like it was attacked by someone from the Arts and Crafts store. "Got me a new glue gun! Gotta glue gotta glue"

Stuff is a major PITA to remove unless there's a trick I don't know (quite possible).

Mine's 325. What # is yours? Would be strange if they quit doing it later in production. Probably does help during shipping and with the shaker enabled.

1 week later
#15803 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This is some kind of hardware problem. There are no software commands to flip flippers without button closure.

I had a reboot also with this code. First time ever for me so maybe a fluke. Right at the end of a game as I turned around so I don't have any relevant info for it.

#15804 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Yes, I hate that noise it makes no sense and it seems to get stuck until I drain the ball... need it removed for some snake jasssssssssss instead

You mean the cricket sounds? Along with the darkness I think it's pretty atmospheric. You instantly know where you are. On mine the sound goes away when you change dimensions/lose the the ball (usually lose the ball in the dark lol)

#15817 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If you (anybody, not just you) have a hard crash and restart, throw in a blank USB stick after and it'll grab the log files. If you send me those, I can see what happened and fix it.

Will do! Never had it happen before so I didn't have a blank USB to put in but I'll be ready next time (though it hasn't happened again).

On another note... since I've been playing in dim/dark conditions even with the plastic "glare guard" I have for the screens reflection the backglass reflections are pretty severe on the PF glass.

Any way to add the option of having the backglass lighting dim at the start of a game? As I believe current Stern games can do?

Thx

#15820 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Sure. In the next update.

C'mon now... don't mess with us. Are you being sarcastic? . If not... holy crap. Awesome! Can't wait

#15861 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

7th Episode
25th August 2021
Melbourne Lockdown 6.0
Spooky's Rick & Morty
My boys COVID hobby, please subscribe and make his day

Yeah that kid of yours is pretty friggen' adorable. Hearing him sing along to Moonmen is classic.

Good job mate!

#15915 2 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Again, there was a reason I went the route I did with this mod. I am only posting this 12v flasher option as there have been a few people interested. If I can source some higher quality 12v strips I might make a flasher only version in the future. Again, thanks to all that have supported this project. Definitely some lessons learned on my end.

Well I appreciate the work you're doing as I didn't want it always on either (for a couple reasons).

I was hoping there might be a way to simply have it piggyback an existing rgb insert or GI in this game but I suppose it's not as easy as in the old days.

This way you'd have some movement of light in the crystal and a complete shutdown along with every other light in the game after each ball.

Thx for the efforts.

2 weeks later
#16004 2 years ago

Yeah, but the effort isn't the same. EP has the code on R&M and that wouldn't take anything away from the new titles.

Yup it's EP's baby and he's said there is a backbox dimming feature coming in the next update so I'm hyped.

To certain others... quit demanding a road map on this game and be DELIGHTED with what is already there and be THRILLED if any more content arrives. I personally find it to be some of the best code since some of Lyman's efforts. Good times.

Then go gush in EP's thread and embarrass the guy

#16006 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Backbox dimming?? There's barely any light from the backbox now....

Try it in the dark and admire the saucer covering the upper pf.

#16008 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I play in the dark almost exclusively. Never been an issue

I don't know what to say. If you don't see the backbox reflection in the dark... maybe an optometrist visit?

Seriously I don't know how to respond to such a statement...? Maybe if you're under 5'11" you won't see it?

#16010 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm not saying you don't see reflections, but the display reflection and speaker led reflections is much more in your face than the backbox and there isn't much in the manner of things you need to see the ball for that far back on the game. Just found that odd, since the majority of the back box is black.

I use a plastic glare guard so I don't see any reflections from the display. I do see the speakers a bit but they are hard right and hard left.

If you play in the dark (like any sensible person should with this light show then I hope you did the screen swap.

It's fab-u-lous

#16011 2 years ago

I realize now that a lot of people may not use the cheap plastic glare guards to play in dim or dark conditions. Since you just slide them in you only need one or two no matter what size your collection is. They work fantastic and are a must for playing in the dark. And did I point out they're *cheap*.

-----------> Speaking of the new display available for R&M...

Inky black. Black as deep space. Black as the Reaper's robe. Black as the void you stare into... with nothing looking back.
Running out of sayings but you get the idea.

Plus the blacks in the dark have no grey at *any* angle. So your semi-bored friends milling around waiting for you to lose the ball can enjoy the show in all it's glory. Remember you're already risking your small expensive items letting friends wander around in the dark. Frisk them before they leave. They'll love it.

I have to give a shout out to "Harry" for doing the legwork. Despite my moaning about the screen I didn't want to repeatedly order the wrong parts until I got lucky. Which might never have happened. So I just let him do it.

With his perfectly fitting brackets and the screen and controller the total cost is under 200 bucks. Yes you'd lose your old CARGP status but it will be well worth it. Lloyd will know what this means. And a few other old timers.

Who should NOT get Harry's new screen kit with the appropriately neon green brackets:

a. You don't play R&M in the dark or dim light (what's *wrong* with you!?)

b. You're a cheap bastard. (This used to be a point of pride in earlier times but now it is VERBOTEN in today's "pinball lifestyle").

c. You're shorter than 5'11" or maybe 5'8" or so. (what's *wrong* with you! j/k).

Ok I've only been paid enough to write this much copy so we're done. (yes j/k for those about to call me a shill).

I can't help it. I get excited.

#16015 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Is this demanding that we be DELIGHTED and THRILLED? You’re kinda demanding that we stop demanding…
I’m guessing as I’m the most recent owner to ask this question in this thread, it was referencing my inquiry in an otherwise icy cold thread as of late. Is more R&M content a bad thing? Are we not allowed to wonder IF more is coming? I’ve owned my Jerry Edition for less than a year, and there are 500+ owners who’ve owned theirs for less time. With other manufacturers still releasing code updates for timespans greater than a year after release, is it off base to have this conversation?
I’m not sure there was a road map of any coming code being demanded. The only R&M roadmap I would like to request though is in the form of a user manual.

You know you're right... in retrospect I *was* being equally demanding. Maybe more so. Kinda uncool I agree.
But it's not just you... many others have brought this up and I wince every time I see the topic come up.
So I had to honestly ask myself why and I think I have an answer.

Because I don't want to hear that it's over. (lol cue the sad violin)

I'm afraid each time the question gets asked someone from Spooky or EP will say "Mission Accomplished".

Then we will hear from some others about being happy with everything that is already in the code, quit bitching, etc. And I can't really argue with that sentiment.

But I still don't want to hear that it's over.

#16016 2 years ago

Can't forget the B! It's CARGPB!
I never got a number, but I've cheaped out enough ways on R&M that buying a nice black screen wouldn't have mattered.

Damn you for pointing that out... now I can't even go back and quietly fix my screwups

#16017 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Can we buy the monitors now? I thought there was a thread where they were collecting interest for different machines. I was basically waiting for the invoice. I am absolutely in on TNA and R&M.

A bit back in the thread there's a post from Harry Houdini that has a link to Amazon for the screen and the controller.
I bought these and then went to his site (Pinball Mods I believe) and got the brackets. During that time I had it held in place with blue painters tape. Not a good long term solution but it let me get wowed while I waited for the brackets.

I think on his site there may be an option to get all three components right there and then... one stop shopping.

2 weeks later
#16128 2 years ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

My R&M has had a high pitch squeak sound any time the shaker motor is on. No squeaking from physically shaking the pin or subwoofer vibrations. I finally narrowed it down tonight. Manually rotating the shaker reproduced the noise but no amount of oil stops it. However, I noticed that it only made the noise when rotated counterclockwise. So I reversed the wires (see photo) to make it rotate clockwise and finally no squeaking!
Posting for anyone else who might have the same issue.[quoted image]

That's a pretty clever solution . Mine is just too damn powerful no matter how I set it. Tried making one bar 45 degrees (even though there is no hole there to set it) and it still lurched too much. I guess I'm used to the Stern style that is more of a steady rumble rather than the jackhammer I ended up with in R&M.

1 month later
#16350 2 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

So... I figured I had a genius idea... For playing in a dark room, I'd add a couple of RGB strip lights to the apron by grabbing the signal off of a left and a right inlane RGB GI lamp and then boost the power up to 12V to feed the strip lamps... I even found a product that says it can take 3.3V RGB LED signals and boost them up to 12V... but... FAIL - something about the P-ROC LED driver and the RGB amplifier don't play nicely and I don't get any output at all on the LED strip...
http://www.usledsupply.com/shop/rgb-stick-amplifier-ttl.html
ANYWAY - sorry for the long intro and this may be a long shot - Can anyone think of a way to drive some 12V RGB strip lights in a way that would match the corresponding inlane GI bulbs?
I could just add white lights that are on all the time, but that would kill Scott's light show IMO :-/
[quoted image]

If we knew how to do that we'd drive the crystal center mod with something that actually went with the game and light show.

Don't think anyone has tried this successfully yet.

#16374 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Still have the original bushings in, probably change those before going for cooling right? Is there less fade with the new bushings?

Fix the flippers first.

Mine never had much fade but after I lowered the flippers with spacers and with the new code I don't notice any fade even after an hour or more. Still can nail the left ramp and backhand the right, etc.

If you still aren't happy with it you can then invest in the fan kit.

2 weeks later
#16584 2 years ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

I hope I'm not the only one that needed 4 months to figure out how the magna save feature worked... sad I know! I bought R&M mainly because one of my daughters (who enjoys playing pinball with me) and introduced me to R&M. I wanted to strengthen our shared bond by hunting a game down. Was only last month while she was playing the game that we stumbled on the great feature - just blew me away!
Changing the flipper spacers today - getting ready for Thanksgiving and serious R&M action!

If you're playing with your daughter make sure you turn on all the "training wheels" features so she doesn't find it incredibly brutal. Turn on all ball saves, increase timers, etc... I've had to do that for some guests that just found it too unforgiving. It's not one of these layouts where you can just bat the ball and hope it goes up a ramp or something.

In other words it's not CC yuk yuk

Now THAT's a game any beginner will love.

3 weeks later
#16675 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I guess that is poorly worded. It's not the limit you're turning off - it's extra balls entirely, when set to off. Sorry it's confusing.

So I'm just going to ask... a while ago you said in the next update there would be an option to dim the backbox for playing in a dark environment (like current Sterns).

Is this update still in the works or.... ?

Thanks

#16741 2 years ago

Yeah Merry Xmas fellow enthusiasts

#16760 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Congrats and hopefully you’re not shy with a drill and a hammer. Getting this one dialed in is an exercise in patience.

That wasn't my experience.

#16834 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

THANKS for adding this setting! So much easier to see the back of the PF...the difference is huge!

I haven't tried it yet (going to now) but did the "EB" led brightness get reduced or a setting added to adjust it?
(not that I see it that often lol)

Can't wait to try the backbox dimming... great job epthegeek! Worth the wait.

EDIT: Ok I'm dumb and missed the LED digit dimming in the release notes. That's what happens when you get excited. Four levels to try!

I'm probably going to jinx myself but I've yet to have this game reject an update. Smooth as silk every time. That's what you get using quality free giveaway Microcenter flash drives

#16849 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Thank you Eric for your timely update release!
Going to update, I opened my coin door to insert the USB stick into the USB extension cable. While doing so, I noticed a black hex bolt lying on the bottom of the cab. Quick inspection from the coin door opening showed me this was from a flipper assembly….SHIT!
So I lift up the pf and start glancing around to check possible homes for the bolt. Bingo, it’s part of the lower flipper assembly, one of two holding the coil in place. But wait, I discovered the the lower right flipper had the same missing bolt….looky at what found, another bolt hiding under speaker wires….and the lock washers were “stuck” to the subwoofer magnet! Screwed this back on, fixed.
During my inspection, I also found that the pop bumper assembly was a few bolt threads away from exploding, with one of two nuts and corresponding 3 washers all missing from the coil-rod assembly, and this second one barely hanging on.
I wonder how many more games could have been played before my machine crapped out on me and some major issues developed!
During the follow up testing and play, had the game volume down and could notice a loud ish hum sourcing from the upper right flipper while the right flipper button was fully pressed (as if to cradle the ball on the lower right flipper). The noise is not present with fast button presses, only during a trap/hold scenario. Is this a normal behavior? Does anyone else notice this on their game? Am I in for a world of hurt and now need to track down this issue?

It's normal. With a single coil flipper assembly you're hearing the pulse of the hold circuit. Sometimes it can be louder than others, sometimes you can reduce it by fiddling with the coil stop so there is less chatter between the plunger and the stop, etc.

It does make you miss (and appreciate) WMS virtually silent dual wound assemblies though.

#16855 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It’s a bug in the music fix for Blood Dome. I hecked up. Not worth doing another build just to fix it though.

Yeah playing in the dark with the backbox off that flasher action is pretty dramatic. I figured you meant to do it lol.

Update is mucho appreciated btw... I still think the left ramp could use a boost in volume as the only FB is the rather anemic whoosh and the clunk but I know you don't share this sentiment. It's just such an iconic shot and deserves a little more aural FB.

It would also make it easier to know I've actually hit it during MB when I can't follow every shot as they happen.

1st world problems though and this update is a great xmas gift - especially if you play in the dark.

"Yes Virginia - there IS a Santa Clause!" Thx -E

#16856 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Mine was so tight that the glass has become chipped on that side, guess I got lucky so far! Tweaking the tab seems to have solved the bind before it was too late
[quoted image]

I'd probably replace that glass at some point. Tempered glass becomes compromised when there is some edge damage. Like a bomb waiting to go off.

Maybe others have seen worse than that with no issues but I'd be paranoid as hell about it. Gives you an excuse to splurge on some non-reflective glass

#16883 2 years ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Anyone else having difficulty unpacking the zip file? Perhaps not possible on a max? Didn't have this issue on prior updates but it seems to be struggling this go for me.

Auto unpacks on my macbook air as usual so it should be fine on a mac.

Final result should be named: rm-gamecode-20220102.pkg

#16885 2 years ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Yah thanks. I'm not sure why but both of my Mac's defaulted to installer. Annoying

Hmm Mine is also set to open with the installer but since you don't ever actually click the R&M update I don't think it matters. You just slide the icon over to your flashdrive and that's it.

But glad you got it working. Enjoy!

2 months later
#17263 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I have mine set to stock and was having the most average game ever but for some reason every mystery award was spotting me a card stamp, so amazingly I got to RP 9. Hilariously, I had the worst RP9 score of all time (my 5 yr old niece chimp flipping would have done better) and the game was over. I think my final score was like 7.5 mil haha.

Lol! Sounds like me the few times I get there. CHOKE....

#17283 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Very different. First thing I noticed was the left ramps were aligned differently on the pf, wireforms were different, and a bunch of other things. The feel of the flipper (strength, bounce, etc) is totally different two.
I have had other games in here side by side (Medieval Madness, LOTR, etc.) and although there is a slight difference between all pinball machine since they're essentially hand built, the difference between these two R&Ms is beyond that.
Feels like there is very little in the way of QC on these games.
The owner of the game I picked up said he spent endless hours fixing problems from the factory. Same was the story of my original game too.

Just to add another data point... on mine (#325) I had to do virtually *nothing*. I had a loose cable for the LED readout by the scoop to push down. I felt the flippers were a little wonky but after lowering them they feel great.

That's it. I had a whole list ready to go from the forum of potential fixes so I had mixed feelings about having nothing to tinker with. All I got to do was replace the jet engine power supply fan. lol

Now my left shot to the portal would probably benefit with a little reshaping but that would be it. Inner loop is multi-hittable and all shots feel good. No airballs and I don't even use a fan setup on the flippers as I still seem to be able to hit the left ramp after maybe 45 mins of playing. I rarely play it longer than that in one sitting though.
I have the original shooter wireform and it has served the ball perfectly every time from day one. Go figure.

I'm posting this not to belittle other's experiences but I suspect we don't hear as much about the ones with few issues. Just the ones that caused some owners to experience premature hair loss.

Funny how you went from selling to now owning two. Not a bad outcome as if you have the space I figure they may keep ticking up in value.

And I HAVE played another I realize... pre-covid I played one at a bar in DC and it felt pretty similar to the way mine did when it was finally delivered. So decent ones are out there.

I initially sucked at both of them but after a lot of swearing and re-learning some fundamentals I've been hooked.

Honestly the first few weeks I had my doubts if I would ever come to terms with it as it seemed on a different level of difficulty from every other machine I have. Even TWD which usually was the target of most of my swearing up until R&M.

Now it's the one I turn on first. Sometimes the only one. Who would figure?

1 week later
#17315 2 years ago
Quoted from modsbox:

Thanks very much, that's a good idea. I'm not at all excited about disassembling everything again to get to the fan, but it seems like it may be inevitable. Hopefully when I take a look more thoroughly tomorrow I'll see that the beep is coming from elsewhere..
Re: Austin, yes it was a crazy storm but it passed by us without issue. Real damage to Round Rock nearby, I'm afraid. I've seen a few pictures and it's not good.

I haven't yet, but it's good to know that the beeping is definitely a problem. Thanks for letting me know. Tomorrow I'll take a look at power-on and see if the beeping is in fact coming from the power supply. I thought I was good to go to button everything back up once I confirmed the fan working, but I guess not. And I'm sure it's possible I didn't connect something else back up right.

I used the PinMonk fan replacement and had no issues. However the beeping may be the system thinking there is no fan installed as the components are cold at startup so it can't be a heat warning. And since the beep doesn't reoccur even after 45 mins it seems heat is not the issue.

It's a simple swap for the fan so I can't think what connections you could have missed. hmmm Good luck
with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 300.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
9,999 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 13,500.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=Manic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.