(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,231 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Alaskanzen
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eric_S.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

You can replace decals. You cant send your machine back to the printer when someone's scratches it badly.
A ring or watch could mess the clear coat which can be fixed but I'd never route them.
In fact, one of the first things KT said to me which instantly told me I was dealing with a great family and company: I told her I wanted butter and she asked if HUO or route. When I asked why she asked... she explained that if they get gouged, you're not going to be able to fix it as opposed to her going for the $1000 upsale.

My understanding was that Spooky really doesn't profit from the butter cabs, they just pass along their added expenses for producing a butter cab. Regardless, Spooky is always looking out for their customer's best interests.

3 weeks later
#1531 4 years ago

I'm in at 394. If anyone with a wants to have more time and swap positions, I'm open to moving up to a sooner production number. Not really looking to pay to move up as I'm OK being patient until my number comes up, but I figured I throw this out there in case someone wants more time to get funds in order.

5 months later
#5259 3 years ago

I got a chance to play Rick and Morty for a couple hours yesterday. What a great game. It kicks you in the nuts but you keep coming back for more. I'm really looking forward to getting mine.

I kept having my ball drain just after the immortality field ball saver timed out. I thought it would be funny to have the game play this clip (at the 0:11) mark if you drain your ball within 10 seconds after the immortality field timed out. It would seem to tie in nicely.

4 months later
#9320 3 years ago

R&M 394 was picked up yesterday. Enjoying it quite a bit, but it is brutal.

20201222_191823 (resized).jpg20201222_191823 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#9464 3 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

Yo fellow Mortys! (Morties?)
Flippers sticking up occasionally- requiring a double tap.
Thought maybe was the bushing but shaved it down and checked play carefully and no resolution.
Thought maybe an issue with the flipper switches but can't seem to see any issue or get them stuck watching button taps with pf up.
Happens left and right lower about equally.
Anyone else? Did I miss a fix earlier in the thread?
Thx
Mike

I have the same issue with both of my lower flippers. I haven't had a chance to look into it yet though.

#9527 3 years ago

If you're having trouble with coils, check to make sure the wires are soldered to the coil lugs. I had two coil lugs that weren't soldered.

20201222_185449 (resized).jpg20201222_185449 (resized).jpg20210101_140354 (resized).jpg20210101_140354 (resized).jpg
#9679 3 years ago

Does anyone else have issues with the autoshooter not firing strong enough to get the ball over the rail during multiball? It works fine during 1 ball play, but during multiball, 50% of the time the ball won't make it up the rail to the playfield.

1 month later
#11416 3 years ago

I was playing last night and noticed the last two digits of my score was 68. I thought the last two digits were a count of megaseeds collected (I had collected 18 megaseeds). Might be a bug in how scores are calculated?

20210303_212049 (resized).jpg20210303_212049 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#12568 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

That #704 sounds so hawt right now Summer...
[quoted image]

I never noticed behind Jerry is the outline of the graves of Rick and Morty.

1 week later
#12687 3 years ago

The LED in my pop-bumper failed and Spooky Luke got a replacement sent out right away. I got around to installing it tonight and found that there are different revisions of the pop bumper LED and the solder pad wiring changed. I think my original was a Rev E board and the replacement was Rev B. Not a big deal to move around the wiring, but just an FYI to check where each color wire goes when replacing the LED board in the pop bumper.

Below are the steps I took to replace the pop bumper LED board:

Remove the pop bumper cap by removing two screws.
Remove two screens that secure the LED board to the pop bumper body.
Clip zip tie underneath playfield for LED pop bumper wiring (the zip tie was behind the switch stack for the pop bumper). This will allow slack in the LED wiring.
Gently pull up on LED pop bumper board and pull wires up through the pop bumper body.
De-solder the four wires and remove old LED board.
Solder wires to new LED board; make sure colored wires go to right pad (R=red, B=blue, G=green, +=gray).
Gently push LED board back into the pop bumper board, feeding wires back under the playfield.
Install two screws to secure LED board to the pop bumper body.
Install the pop bumper cap with two screws.
Install zip tie on wires under the pop bumper to keep the wiring away from the moving parts of the pop bumper.

1 week later
#13099 2 years ago

Noticed an odd bug on a location game last night. It is set up for 2 tokens per game, so I put in four tokens and had two credits. I hit the start button and player one started. I pressed the start button again to add the second player and it showed zero credits. I ended up adding two additional tokens for the second player. Not sure what happened to the original two credits. We played multiple two player games and didn't have that issue again.

1 week later
#13586 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've been in the process of selling a house and moving so I haven't had many opportunities to play on recent code.

Where are you moving to? I've gotten to be quite the expert at moving over the past year.

#13596 2 years ago
20210515_123717 (resized).jpg20210515_123717 (resized).jpg
#13683 2 years ago

I was playing tonight and may have found a bug with starting the Pickle Rick adventure. I had the portal shots lit purple to start Pickle Rick. I had collected two Meeseeks and the had a Meeseeks lit on the right orbit portal shot. I made the shot, expecting to have Pickle Rick and Meeseeks Multiball concurrently, but only Meeseeks Multiball started. After I drained one of the balls, Meeseeks mullitball ended and Pickle Rick shots re-lit. I'm not sure if that is a bug or not, but I figured since both were lit, making the shot would start both Pickle Rick and Meeseeks multiball.

#13687 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I had enquired about that before. The orbit shot is Meeseeks, the garage shot is Pickle Rick. Technically the Meeseeks activates before the Pickle Rick shot is hit.

That make sense. I have to imagine that it is a relatively uncommon situation to come up in the game.

1 month later
#14809 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Getting weird lighting issues since the last update. The timers at both ends stop displaying correctly, sometimes every light turns plain while while flipping, then reverts back when a switch is hit, and now my pop colour is a sea foam green rather than plain white (all the time even during attract mode).
Anyone else encounter this?
[quoted image]

I had a similar issue with my pop bumper LED and ended up replacing it.

3 weeks later
#15263 2 years ago

I want this to be played, uninterrupted and in totality, when you complete 20 adventures:

#15325 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

But hitting the shot from the right orbit puts less megaseeds out than hitting it from the upper flipper.

I never knew that. I thought the number of megaseeds lit in each dimension was random.

#15383 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Speaking of shooting lane wireform malfunction.... does anyone have the ball not make up all the way up the shooting lane a few times a game?
It kinda drives me nuts. Is it just the coil misaligned you think? it works most of the time, just occasionally either doesn't have the power or drags too much. Not sure which?

I have this issue and since I installed the new Pinball Life metal ramp, it only occurs during multiball modes.

1 month later
#15958 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Yes I have gotten use to the new style of lock down and agree it is cheaper and superior

I'd go back to the old style lock down bars if I had the option. I've been playing on location where someone inserted the lockdown bar but forgot to latch it, allowing the lock down bar to be removed (along with the playfield glass and coinbox). With the old style lockdown bar, the coin door couldn't be closed unless the latch bar was in the locked position.

#15961 2 years ago

Does anyone have an issue when starting the Total Rickard parasites adventure with no balls locked that the left drop target drops and the ball will get stuck behind the right drop target? It will try to drop the right drop target but it pops up right away?

#15963 2 years ago

I have no other issues with the game, just that particular mode with no balls locked.

1 month later
#16168 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Any idea what would cause the pop bumper to be weak? All of the other coils are behaving normally but the pop just barley moves the ball. I am not sure how to troubleshoot the issue.

Check the mechanical connections under the playfield. I thought I heard of someone having a pop bumper ring that was missing the nuts on the end of the rods. Also, make sure the mechanism isn't binding up and moves freely. In the software, I think the coil power for the pop bumper can be adjusted, so maybe bump up the power level.

2 weeks later
#16285 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Hi, having difficulty making the left ramp...does not seem to make it up all the way. I think it just started cause I put my machine at 6.5 degrees. Any suggestions?

Did you get the new flipper bushings from Spooky? That made a big difference for me.

1 week later
#16422 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

I have never played on the R&M but all I can say is that I love the Alice Cooper.
don't know if R&M is better or not

I've owned both and R&M is a far superior game, not even close.

1 month later
#16652 2 years ago

My upper flipper was weak and then intermittent, so I checked and found a cold solder joint on the coil lug. At first glance, it looked ok but when I tugged on the wire, it was obviously no longer making good contact. See before and after pictures.

20211211_144831 (resized).jpg20211211_144831 (resized).jpg20211211_145049 (resized).jpg20211211_145049 (resized).jpg
#16653 2 years ago

Dumb question - how do I turn off extra balls? I enabled tournament settings, but it still awards extra balls.

#16655 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

machine standard settings - extra ball limit - off
or, you could just play like me and not have to worry about pesky extra balls being rewarded

I tried putting the extra ball limit to off, but doesn't that just turn off the extra ball limit (essentially unlimited extra balls?). I have league night coming up so we turn off extra balls to keep game times reasonable.

#16666 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I’m ignorant, so I’m honestly asking. Was Rick & Morty as far behind code wise as Halloween at this point in release ?
Halloween is such a beautiful machine in my opinion, can only assume it will get better over time. Not saying it’ll be as good as R&M , but curious if R&M had as many bugs , lack of clips, etc. so early on.

My understanding is there are different programmers for Spooky. Eric Priepke coded most of Rick and Morty. It was very playable at launch with more modes and dimensions, as well as bug fixes, added during production. I believe Fawzma and Bug are coding Halloween, but I'm not 100% sure. When I had Alice Cooper, which was a Fawzma game, the updates were less frequent and included fewer features added compared to what my experience has been with Rick and Morty.

#16667 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I guess that is poorly worded. It's not the limit you're turning off - it's extra balls entirely, when set to off. Sorry it's confusing.

That did the trick, extra balls are off. Don't feel bad about the wording, my grasp of the English language is tenuous as well.

#16671 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The execution of code on ACNC, IMO. was sub-par. It just felt homebrew-ish. I owned the game for quite a while and hung onto it with the promise of lots of polish. It just never happened. RM is a completely different experience. It doesn't feel like a homebrew!

I agree, Rick and Morty code feels very much of a professional production level software release. I was disappointed with the ACNC software updates. There were still bugs and glitchy behavior in the game, especially during multi-ball modes. I thought that additional code for features could really improve ACNC, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I sold mine about a year ago and don't miss it. I really enjoy my Rick and Morty and I don't see it leaving my collection.

#16690 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I wish Spooky would just come out and say it - RickandMorty is Finalized. I think the idea they spoke to of future mode/episodes with new seasons being possible is kaput. Spooky, why the silence ???

Why would they lock themselves in a position of stating the code is done. It has been mentioned before that new content needs to be approved by the license holder, so there may be the potential of more to come.

#16701 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Then they should confirm that is still the case. Will they be seeking to add content or is it done. Its a simple update to make to owners.

Hey, I get it. As an owner of R&M, I'd love to see more code updates with content added, or just know that code updates are done except for minor bug fixes.

However, from Spooky's perspective, this a no win scenario. If they say more code updates are coming and then don't happen, people are pissed because they expected more. If they state no more code/ content but end up releasing some new code, inevitably someone will have sold their game and will be pissed off.

In this situation, silence is the best solution for Spooky. For your situation, you will need to decide if current code is good enough and if not, sell it with the understanding that you may miss out on a potential future code release.

1 week later
#16755 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

I found this LED in the cabinet.
Has come loose somewhere. A cable leads from the LED to the LED on the multiball. The single LED test does not make the LED shine. Only the complete test switches the LED on. The special thing is that it does not have a plug like the other LED`s.
Any idea where it belongs?

Go into test mode to test individual lamps and when it turns on, the display should tell you what LED it is and it should be strait forward to see where it belongs. Good luck.

1 week later
#16891 2 years ago

I had an odd bug happen. I was playing ball 2 and literally just started Gromflomite multiball and a mode and tilted out. When ball 3 started, the screen just kept playing the Gromflomite multiball animation of Morty and the bug guys shooting lasers at each other. There were no audio callouts related to the multiball. I even started a mode during ball 3 and there was a mix of mode animations and mulitball animations (I didn't restart the mulitball). Anyway, maybe a bug with how the mulitball animations react in combination with a tilt out.

Might be cool to add a high score for the skillshot. I've been trying to build up the multiplier to see how high I can get a skill shot award.

1 month later
#17112 2 years ago

Last night I was playing and the right flippers and ball kickout stopped working. It was late and didn't look into this yet. I assume a fuse blew. Anyone else have this issue? Hopefully I will have time to look at this tonight.

#17119 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Last night I was playing and the right flippers and ball kickout stopped working. It was late and didn't look into this yet. I assume a fuse blew. Anyone else have this issue? Hopefully I will have time to look at this tonight.

I ended up finding a broken coil power wire on the upper flipper, so power wasn't getting to downstream coils via the daisy-chained wire. Soldered it back on and good to go.

#17169 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Has anyone else experienced loss of speech during gameplay ? This has happened multiple times since NIB last month,. Game also has just reset on me during a great game (bummer). IDK, its a phenomenal game, but it has a lot of issues that should be resolved by now. Especially the ball lock, every time i put 3- balls in the lock, it wont drop the target, and also target will pulse with a ball behind it and never drop. Ball also gets stuck on top the target when its down.
[quoted image]

I've had the loss of speech as well; rebooting takes care of it and not sure what is the cause of it. I was having issues with the drop targets and found the right drop target microswitch was getting flakey and replacing it addressed issues.

#17200 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The causes for those two things could be entirely different. I didn't work on ACNC so I can't tell you anything about that one. With R&M, if it resets during a game; the code crashed due to a problem - and with the log dump, I can probably prevent it from happening in the future.

Can you provide the detailed instructions and file format to obtain a log dump? Does it need to be done right after reboot?

1 week later
#17228 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMica:

Any idea on a quieter topper motor?

My understanding is that the motor is quieter on routed games where it is on more often, so hopefully it will get quieter with use.

1 month later
#17403 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Definitely the most seeds I've picked up on ball 1![quoted image]

Did you blow it on balls 2 and 3?

#17435 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
3 months later
#17976 1 year ago

How about a swearing dimension where every callout that has a swear is played?

4 months later
#18987 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Thanks everyone for the BIOS reset tips. I was going to change the coin batteries in all my "modern" games at the first of the new year, but R&M's coin battery clearly didn't make it that far.

What size replacement battery is needed?

3 weeks later
#19150 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Man, was just having a killer ball and the ball got stuck near the portal. Ended up tilting to get the ball rolling again (and lost out on ~20M in bonus).
Feature request to all pinball platforms: After a ball search is triggered (due to inactivity), "pause" the tilt trigger. Once activity is resumed, re-enable the tilt trigger. In other words, tilts should only happen during active ball play (especially in a home environment). On location, active or not, you might not want someone jostling the machine (so making this configurable might be best).

If any changes are being made, I'd suggest adding a step to add to kick out the ball in the portal kicker by the left flipper inlane. I've had times were two balls get stuck there and the game won't kick it out.

#19154 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Intresting. There's definitely a stacked ball switch in there and all of the trough/ball-search handling checks it for balls.

I don't recall it kicking out, but will pay closer attention when if happens next and post an update.

1 month later
#19270 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Rick & Morty fired from Rick & Morty... What is going on in the world?

Unfortunately, corporate America doesn't believe in the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. Companies are run by a bunch of spineless executives and woefully unqualified board of directors. They're only concerned with their "brand image" in case he is guilty, they don't want anything to splatter on the company. I could understand Adult Swim suspending their relationship with Justin Roiland until his legal issues are resolved, but firing him before he even has a chance to defend himself at trial is just a ham-fisted reaction that I hope spectacularly blows up in Adult Swim's face.

1 week later
#19389 1 year ago

Measuring "good" voltage on a battery isn't necessarily a valid test to confirm the battery is operating properly. Most voltmeters are high impedance, meaning they draw very little current. A proper battery test is one that measures the batter voltage with and without a load (current draw). The voltage difference in this type of test is more indicative of a batteries condition. If you ever get your car's battery tested, the battery tester has a bunch of resistive coils to apply a load.

Using a voltmeter to test the the DC voltage level of a battery can confirm if the battery has failed as it will read less than the nominal voltage rating, but a measured voltage at or slightly above the nominal rating does NOT necessarily confirm that a battery is good.

3 months later
#19744 11 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Has Charlie stepped back at Spooky? Never see or hear from him anymore...

My understanding is that Charlie works on acquiring licenses for machines, but has stepped back from daily operations with Luke, Bug and Squirrel leading production and support.

Quoted from Pinstym:

What are they charging nowadays to diagnose/fix four year old games? Very cool if our warranties are still good.

Tech support is free, but replacement parts may have a cost. I believe Spooky games have a 1 year warranty and I've heard from others that Spooky has sent replacement parts for free after the year has elapsed, generally for parts that are relatively low cost.

5 months later
#19967 6 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Is everyone liking their cheater jerry ramp?
I’m a hard pass on it.

I put in the Jerry ramp mod and like it. What was surprising was that it made the upper flipper shot to the garage much more repeatable. I think the 3-D formed plastic ramp doesn't flex like the steel ball guide. The flexing in the steel ball guide seems to absorb the balls energy. Now, I generally shoot the left ramp and then upper flipper to the garage rather than use the Jerry ramp from the lower flipper.

#19969 6 months ago

You know it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

9,699 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eric_S.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=Eric_S and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.