(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 hours ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CKrueger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 4 years ago

#88 checking in! Thanks Kingpin for the hookup, we can’t wait!

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Hilton saying he's already made adjustments to the game concerns me a bit.

Don’t read too much into that. Hilton is obsessive about tweaking games for smooth play.

Now is the time we should all start taking notes on what early owners have been tweaking, so we’re all ready when our games arrive!

#207 4 years ago

I’m not sure if I’m in for these art blades. Will probably go with art instead of mirrors due to the purple sides. My number is coming up soon, so I’ll probably end up with the standard ones. I’m not phobic about putting them in, but it would be nice to not have to do it myself for a change!

Quoted from Manic:

I like dark, minimally decorated wallpaper like this... doesn't give it that claustrophobic "lit up kid's toybox" look that brightly colored wallpaper can cause (I refuse to call them "blades"
I actually prefer just straight black sides most of the time as then the lit PF seems to float in space and doesn't remind you you're looking into a box.
But I know I'm in the minority and my view might seem a little... odd I suppose. Lord knows there will probably be 10 variants soon available to choose from... more options are always good.

Sounds like you need mirror blades!

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

Regarding the art blades - when I bought TNA from Spooky they gave you the option of mirror blades vs. art blades. I chose the mirror blades and they looks awesome. They really enhance Scott's killer light show. Does anyone know if this will be an option this time?

I'd love to see a game with mirror blades. Not sure if it will go well with the purple, but you're right about the mirrors showing off a good light show!

#331 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

From K’s interview with Scott:
TNA dimension with OG lighting,music, and no scoring ramps confirmed.

I hope that's not one of the ones that's difficult to get to. That sounds totally awesome!

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, totally personal preference.
To me the sub on TNA and R&M does plenty of player feedback HOUSEvibration.

Fixed that for you.

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Aren't the balls able to go back and forth? That post you have in the middle doesn't seem anatomically correct.

There's a post that goes up and down in the back. It's in the up position in the drawing.

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm getting a sudden hankering for a Blue Moon burger

Ditto! Lunch hours and close to my work... it's time for a burger and pinball!

#550 4 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Guys...[quoted image]

Imagine if you got a new Stern and those stickers were all over the playfield....

Too soon?

#649 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Do it! I just got done having lunch at the Blue Moon and got a bunch of games in. Both this game and the one at I/O play great! Hit up both spots if you come to town.

Played a bunch at Blue Moon too. Game plays great! The shots aren't easy, per se, but the game generally isn't punishing when you brick a shot. I generally walked away from the game thinking "I coulda saved that."

The game puts out a LOT of bass. I'm convinced if they fed some 30Hz audio to the speakers that you would not need a shaker. You WILL need anti-vibration foam for the glass, however!

I'm also pretty sure we're going to leave this game off until the kids go to bed.

Next up is a date night at I/O. I'm gonna put a purple coin door's worth of money into R&M before ours shows up!

#661 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It was good playing with you Chris! I thought there was a shaker in the game with the way the game shook. A shaker would really be overkill as you get enough feedback already. The audio and bass really sound exceptional on this game, and there were a bunch of callouts that i didn't notice the last time I played it. The more I play the game the more I love it! I'm much more dialed into the left ramp and scoop shots now and was able to hit the portal shot off the upper right flipper a number of times. The game is challenging but fair. As you play it more the shots do start to feel more natural and I was even able to save the ball a few times with the magna-save this time. This is the most fun I've had with a new game in a while!

Yeah, the magna-save is TONS of fun. We both had the ball yanked out of the outlane more than once, and oftentimes it just nicely dribbled over the sling for a controlled shot. I wish the game started with a bit of juice in the anti-grav, cause it's so much fun to use!

It was nice to watch you slide the poor thing around and show me that the game isn't tough, it's just that I suck at pinball.

#672 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

So....the "family" adjustment is only for the callouts, right? No video censoring? I expected lots of blood and guts, but the repeated stabbing thing in purge mode might not fly with my wife/kids.

Everybody can make up their own mind of the violence stuff, but for my 7yo it's a bit much. We're starting to introduce them to more "grown-up" media, but this is like going straight from Elmo to Human Centipede. We'll probably leave it powered off when the kids are around, and introduce them slowly over the next year or two.

Quoted from bkerins:

It does! About 2 seconds’ worth at game start. Enough time to save the ball? Definitely

Wow, I stand corrected! It looked empty to me, but maybe I just laid on it like a gorilla and drained it early when trying to save.

I'm SO glad the feature made it in the game. There's no better feeling than pulling the ball out of the outlane with the magnasave!

#680 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

For those of us who are in on this and excited about it but have young children, this would be a freaking AWESOME feature. Maybe a menu in settings that could toggle individual modes on or off? epthegeek is that possible? Pretty please?

Honestly--and I'm in the target market for a feature like this too--I think you'd have to lose almost all the video. Each mode has lots of headshotty and stabby violence, and there's more of it outside the modes, too (like every time you get a ball save). It would be a ton of work, and even if Eric put the time in, the game is still filled with audio clips that aren't exactly Carlin's Dirty Words, but not exactly Teletubbies, either.

If there's a kid safe mode for R&M, it would have to be the display showing a static picture of a unicorn with only your scores overlaid.

Which would be kind of amusing.

#762 4 years ago

Fantastic! Thanks for the index cards! I think I’ll print up a couple instruction-free ones until the rules get a little more codified.

#765 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Doubtful. Print would have to be extremely small to fit and we still don’t know how many total adventures they will throw in when it’s all said and done. Might have to make a wall poster like someone made for BM66 (which I will definitely make) once we see where it goes.

There’s an empty space on my wall next to my Fang Club poster waiting for a rules poster! Make a nice, clean 24x36 and I’m all over it! Happy to kick you some bucks for your trouble, too.

533BF565-37F6-49C6-9657-F1A5CC8214C0 (resized).jpeg533BF565-37F6-49C6-9657-F1A5CC8214C0 (resized).jpeg
#775 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Mine would be created from scratch: hand drawn illustration manually converted to vector then packaged in InDesign using best practices in typography and layout.

Show us yours!

#779 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I will when done. I have create it first. I'll be waiting for my pin to arrive, so I can align the images with the playfield.

Great, thanks! Matching up to the green of the stickers above the card holders might look good, too.

#797 4 years ago

I'm with Hilton on the display. I love my Hobbit but I don't know WTF is going on with the display half the time. So much information presented that I have to hunt for it. I really appreciated the mode instructions on the display on R&M. There's a portal graphic on the lower left of the screen when your mode starts, and the text over it says something like "shoot pops and sling". Simple and consistent. I can glance at that without the ball even trapped if I'm confused.

Same thing on the playfield. The inserts are used consistently and with color-coding, which makes it easy to understand what shots do what at what time. Many games have crap blinking all over the place that makes it difficult to know what's going on. The combination of a consistent visual "language" on the inserts and the fact that Rick and Morty are constantly ragging on you to hit a certain shot means you aren't lost even on your first couple games.

As an aside, I wouldn't worry much about the spinner thing. I played the prototype and the spinner was perfect there. It's just a matter of tweaking your game to make it play smooth. And when it plays smooth it's exactly as Hilton described. I generally suck at upper loop shots, but on the prototype I could hit it with more consistency than Getaway, which I'd judge as average difficulty.

#983 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I know people in the 80s getting final build sheet requests so that means they are 1 month out or less

FWIW, I'm sitting at 88 right now and haven't gotten mine build sheet yet. So that's about where they are.

Spooky could set up a PPV webcam and I bet 50 of us would buy in.

#988 4 years ago

Oh, I was joking. I would hate it if someone had a camera in my office!

#1008 4 years ago

The shooter lane rail is also a fairly small and easily-replaced part of the game. It's not like it's a structural design fault that's unchangeable. If, in ten years all our shooter rails have conked out for some reason, we'll just replace them.

I'm no more worried about this rail than I am about the ridiculous loop on my TNG.

#1114 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I'm special[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man, I'm not walking under a ladder until you're out of my zip code!

#1169 4 years ago

There's tons of great pinball in Madison! IO, Blue Moon, Schwoeglers, Geeks, and a bunch of others. Come visit us!

#1268 4 years ago

Between the pop-sling and the magnasave, the bottom of R&M is really interesting. Far from your normal Italian Bottom!

I wouldn't say it's any more difficult, but your muscle memory will be challenged!

#1274 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm in the late 80's and haven't been sent the order sheet yet. I'm guessing that I should hear something within a couple of weeks. Has anyone received a game number higher than 50 yet?

Ditto. No order sheet yet here, either. Also sitting in the late 80's.

#1364 4 years ago

I know the Meeseeks already feature in the game, but a Teach Jerry to Golf would work as a multiball mode. Jerry Day Care probably has enough video clips, too. The family killing the Cronenburgs would work too, except that we don’t have Jerry/Beth/Summer V/O.

1 month later
#2180 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Curious if it stays on long term. I tried a post rubber and it just fell off after a couple balls.

Wrap the whole thing in a couple winds of electrical tape and it won't go anywhere.

You could probably just use the electrical tape on its own, too, if you gave it a few winds.

1 month later
#2898 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I havent played the game yet so forgive me if this is redundant.
Can we get some light/music/sound sync with the shaker? Something with like a phaser sound and a increasing/decreasing shaker intensity. Maybe tied to a mode? Something INTENSE. This game should need rattle tape like TNA....lol.

Shaker motor as an LFE audio channel. Our pins will sound like a 97 Toyota Corolla driven by a 17-year-old. BUZZZZZZZ!

Just optioned my game with a shaker. I guess that was good timing. Can't wait to see what you do with it, Eric!

2 weeks later
#3408 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This mode very specifically mutes almost other audio, so the song can shine. Sound effects, call-outs. The only thing that should make noise is the tilt warning.
I very much don't like when pinball audio fights with songs with lyrics (ie: all the music pins) so I decided to try this route.

We all very much appreciate your obsessive attention to detail. Having the game just mute the other sounds so you can appreciate the music is a great idea.

Mine is showing up soon, and my only regret is that I've missed a few of these new code drops, so I won't get to see all the stuff that's been added lately.

#3472 3 years ago

Wish I could have come up to visit you Spooky guys today with Mike. I had hoped to come pick my #88 up in person, but with the kids being home for the summer now the road trip wasn't an option. Give mine a hug on the way out the door! My wife bleach-wipes everything that comes into the house, anyway.

The good news is, Kingpin will be bringing mine to me very soon! Can't wait!

#3485 3 years ago

Ooooooweeee! Even the topper fits, Mike! Congrats, wish I could be there to help break it in!

Quoted from epthegeek:

Mike wouldn't pick it up for you? Cold.

I didn't ask. I knew he'd open 'em both up and cannibalize mine for the best parts.

#3488 3 years ago

The game comes with cheese puffs? Yikes, this is going to be my kids' favorite game ever.

My oldest liked Taxi solely because there was a Santa on the cab, and Street Fighter II solely because there was a busted opto for a while that gave jackpots when you flipped, making her "even better than mom". A pin that has cheese puffs will be the stuff of legend!

#3493 3 years ago

You missed an opportunity, Mike! You coulda been famous for that one, like the coin door lock guy!

#3514 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

What’s about the fake doors ??

"Let's see where this goes..." The Real Fake Doors one is probably my favorite. This is an awesome feature! I hope it expands over time. I'm sure we're going to see another Interdimensional Cable in Season 5.

1 week later
#3865 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Can somebody check the length of the machine? I've got a couple vehicles to take for pickup, and just want to make sure it fits my Jeep Renegade. Otherwise I may have to go to my backup vehicle. I measured my Sterns and it looks like a few inches to spare (topper?) but want to make sure before making the trek.

The cabinet is 51-5/8" long, plus 3/4" for the wood rails on the back and a 1" protuberance for the coin door. So, 53-3/8" to be exact.

#4014 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I just played around with pitch and lowered the back legs all the way down and there is still a small bounce. I also tried adding washers to raise the lower end of the ramp up a tiny bit and that didn't help either. I did notice when I took the screw out of the front of the ramp that it actually had to be flexed quite a bit to the left to attach to the mounting hole. The ramp slopes down a bit in the front towards the player which may introduce more spin as it rides on the side? I don't have anytime yet tonight to mess with it but at least it plays well with the foam added for now.

Is your ramp itself sloped down more than normal? Here’s a photo with my lens sitting on the left ramp opto screw for reference.

B1367821-4A97-4C75-9E94-6681702C7902 (resized).jpegB1367821-4A97-4C75-9E94-6681702C7902 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#4289 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That fan is a bit better than the stock one, which is 34.5dB, but it's not all that quiet with a 20dB sound rating. It also doesn't have the right connector and requires and a 3-2 adapter or splicing/soldering, depending on which way you go. Not much improvement for too much work.

Whaaaat? 20dBa is pretty damn quiet for a 60mm fan!

#4358 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The “meaner” dimensions are held back until later in the game, so if you don’t go very deep in numbers of dimensions, you won’t see them.

So that's why I don't know what the heck Mike is talking about. Cause I suck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 300.00
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 13,500.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CKrueger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=CKrueger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.