(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BeeGeeMtl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1949 4 years ago

New trailer for RICK & MORTY (Season 4) is now available. New episodes start airing on May 3rd!

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/new-rick-and-morty-season-4-trailer-announces-the-shows-return

1 week later
#2082 4 years ago

Just FYI that there will be a LIVE STREAM of Rick & Morty tonight via Dead Flip/Jack Danger around 6pm Central: https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#2109 4 years ago

For those who didn't catch it, Jack Danger was able to hit the loop twice in a row AND then hit the garage shot, all within a few seconds! Those shots deserve some kind of ultra-super-combo bonus or something... lol. His reaction is also quite funny...

https://clips.twitch.tv/OpenAliveMeerkatBloodTrail

#2120 4 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

He also said he removed 4 screws at the begin of the stream, fwiw. I will also be removing those screws from mine when i get it one sunny day!

Yeah, I certainly don't remember the exact moment in his 4-hour+ stream but he went out of his way to explain how to fix those issues on both left side loops (seemed pretty easy) and like you said, it was basically about removing the MIDDLE SCREWS on both turns, I believe. He said that made the turns less like a "wall" when the ball hit it and allowed it to be more bendable as the ball flew through there.

2 months later
#4044 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I'm starting to wonder how many R&M buyers are first time NIB owners (or even pinball owners in general). I've unboxed a lot of games from every manufacturer currently building except American, and there are always issues. I helped unbox a JJP pirates at a local bar and there were all kinds of issues out of the box. I also unboxed another JJP Pirates at a friends and did almost nothing right out of the box. Pinball machines are a complex mess of electronics, mechanisms, and hardware. They are going to have problems. Just calm down and know that Spooky will do more than any other manufacturer out there to help you fix them.

I love SPOOKY as much as the next guy but this sort of thing always annoys me. To excuse issues on these machines because "everyone else also has issues with their machines" isn't the best way to improve matters in the longer term. If we were talking about cars, you're paying $10k for a car and you bring it home and you need to fix this/that yourself, not sure people would say "That's just the way it goes". We know that pinball machines are a "complex mess of electronics and shit" but so are a MILLION other consumer products out there. Stern keeps using shitty coil stops which break on every other machine, yet many people just say "Just replace them yourself, it takes 5 mins". It's not MY DUTY to change the coil stops and if you keep doing it yourself instead of insisting that STERN make changes....guess what, they will never make changes!

SPOOKY is far and beyond an amazing customer service company, so this is NOT directed at them as they seem to continue to make adjustments as they go and more importantly, they listen to their customers and even interact with them! (all very good) But that doesn't mean we shouldn't have the right to post issues with their machines in this thread, nor to bitch about such issues from time to time. Again, if we don't, than you are ENABLING these companies to keep doing things the way they're doing things and nothing will ever improve.

#4062 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I've been thinking about this and I don't think a new car is a valid analogy. Cars are manufactured by companies with thousands of employees, on assembly lines with hundreds of robots (which by the way WILL kill us some day), and sold to tens of thousands of customers. So yes, they are near perfect. Pinball, on the other hand is basically a boutique industry that hand manufactures a few thousand (or less) very complex and very expensive toys. To equate pinball with cars, I think you'd need to go back to the 1930s, or maybe the Yugo

Completely disagree! A product is a product is a product. Whether you pay $0.10 for something or $1M, the fact is that any company producing any product has to produce the best product they can for their consumers (and if mistakes are made, listen to feedback, improve and grow from that feedback). Yes, pinball is a "boutique" industry but it also has a bunch of folks basically saying "It's cool if you guys send us products that are faulty, we can fix the smaller problems" HENCE why these companies continue to ship out products with faulty parts in them (because they're cheaper for them). Stop the enabling. We're paying a LOT OF MONEY for these products, you need to stand up and demand that they produce them properly, not make excuses for them. I work VERY HARD for that money. PS: Once again, I stress...this is NOT about SPOOKY! They are the one company that I see in pinball that does what I just stated above. Even if mistakes pop up in their machines, they LISTEN and ADJUST and SHIP out better product. Unlike some others.

3 months later
#6197 3 years ago

I got my build sheet earlier this week and I'm #284, if anyone cares. I noticed that they're already up to 300 or there-abouts, so MAJOR KUDOS to Spooky for continuing to bang them out during the pandemic. Very impressive. I might be the only person in Montreal with the game, woo-hoo! Party at my pla-- oh, yeah never mind. But this will definitely make for an awesome Halloween/Christmas at my place (for myself) -- which is ironic since I literally ordered the game around last Christmas...as a X-Mas present for myself!! lol

3 weeks later
#6975 3 years ago

This might have been asked before but it feels like every time I check into this thread, someone is mentioning how the "bass is too loud" which leads to "rattling the glass", and then we have others telling them to lower the bass or put some tape on the glass. Any reason why Spooky isn't doing this at the factory? I mean, why are they putting the bass too high, especially if the music is part of the game's core strengths? Seems like an odd thing to overlook, especially when post after post is complaining about it.

2 weeks later
#7488 3 years ago

I just received my R&M #284 in Montreal, Canada! Thanks Spooky. Seems okay so far, some small issues, that others have mentioned.

1) Fan is waaaaay too loud. I actually set the game up in my office, so I can hear that sh*t all day. That said, I've already purchased the "quiet fan" so hopefully once I make the switch, that resolves that. And unlike the Stern loud fans, this one doesn't take any breaks....

2) Any way to stop the TOPPER from going on every few mins, even when not playing? (i.e. in attract mode)

3) The only real "game issue" I've noticed so far is the "rattling metal sounds" I'm hearing during the game. It feeeels like it's coming from inside the speaker actually, not the glass per se-- although the glass is also rattling a little. Anyone have any ideas on how to help me with that? I've already lowered the overall music volume (and bass) but can still hear the "metal sounds" when the game is playing hard.

4) Oh and the LCD screen is not as black as I was expecting. Any way to fix that, increasing the blackness tint or something?

Thanks in advance!

#7601 3 years ago

Newbie owner here, I wanted to set the machine to PLAY MUSIC during ATTRACT MODE to at least cover the sound of that very loud annoying fan (which I will be replacing with the "quiet" fan at some point, thank God!) but I've put the PLAY MUSIC ON ATTRACT MODE to "on" and it doesn't really work. It plays music for literally 5 seconds but then stops. What am I missing?

#7619 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Did you go to the settings and turn on attract mode videos? It will play a variety of things from ants in my eyes Johnson to Mexican armada alien invasion.

Yeah but they only play every 10 mins or so. I was looking for music to play throughout the attract mode, but it stops after 5 seconds. I guess it's another bug, not sure. I just wanna block the sound of the fan at this point.

#7719 3 years ago

Seems like everyone has preferences for HOW the dimensions are to show up. I think most "home players" would like to have the OPTION of random dimensions. Not sure how hard it would be to add that option to the SETTINGS menu but why not just do that and allow home players to set their games up as they wish -- as opposed to forcing them to play a certain way that is mostly set up for top-end & tournament players? Just seems like the OPTION would allow everyone to be happy.

#7725 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm going to look at the modifications you mentioned. I hate to have to do so much DIY on a pin layout,was hoping Spooky would have done these as a running fix.

Agreed. I received my #284 last week and have probably played around 100 games so far, hit the left orbit garage shot (from top right flipper), maybe 10 times in all. Just doesn't seem to connect. I thought I just sucked but I guess I have to get someone to take a looksie and fix it up a little.

#7876 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

Just adjusted the EOS switches. Shots from the tips seemed weak before. Left wasn't too_ bad but the right one the EOS switch was closing either halfway through the stroke or maybe a little less than halfway. No wonder a lot of my shots wouldn't make it up the left ramp frequently even with the flipper strength raised.

Can you elaborate on this? I don't understand what EOS switches means, I'm not a techie but I've had #284 for over a week now (love it, btw!) and can't hit that left ramp shot for my life! I adjusted the "milliseconds" in the SETTINGS menu under "right flipper power" but that didn't seem to do much. What EXACTLY would need to be done to the right flipper in order to get that left ramp shot more readily? Thanks in advance!!

1 week later
#8238 3 years ago

Can anyone help me with the right bottom flipper? I got the game 2 weeks ago but almost NEVER hit the left ramp all the way up. I tried to adjust the "milliseconds" in the SETTINGS (whatever that means) but not much difference. It literally doesn't feel like the ball will ever make it up, any advice? (ps: I'm NOT a techie, so you'd have to walk me through any things to "fix" since I don't understand any of that stuff) Feels like the game isn't complete until I can set up that shot properly and the right-top-flipper garage shot (but I have a friend coming by to adjust that flipper a little).

#8241 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the gap of your EOS switch. It might be engaging too soon. It's the leaf switch on the same plate as the flipper coil. Post a picture if you're not sure.

I appreciate you trying to help but I don't know what an EOS switch is, or where to find or whether to know if it's "engaging too soon" or what a leaf switch is. I'm basically a guy who just bought a new car but has no idea how it works or how to fix it, which is probably the difference between some owners in this thread being somewhat miffed at all the stuff they need to fix and those who understand how pins work and how to fix them. It's kinda frustrating for us newbies. Usually you're not asked to work on your engine after you purchase a $10k car, but alas, I love Spooky and wanna support them but this can get frustrating. I think some people in this thread need to be a little more patient with newbies like myself. We're not all techies. I just bought the game because I love playing pinball and loooooove Rick & Morty.

#8242 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Check your playfield angle on the playfield, you can use the free PinGuy app on your phone. Mine is 6.7d and shoots nicely.
If your PF is too steep that ramp will be difficult.
Check your right flipper, try pulling it straight up with your hand, is that a bit of slack/play in it? Or does it feel like it doesn't move at all? Try your other flippers to, do they all feel about the same?
There should be a bit of play in the flipper when you pull on it vertically, otherwise the flipper will have too much friction against the bushing which will rob it of power.

Thanks for these suggestions! I think I can manage to see about these issues myself, will advise and thanks for all the different ideas.

#8526 3 years ago

When the call-out says "Shoot for the car!", they are referring to the ball lock, i.e. the spaceship, correct?

Originally I thought it was the GARAGE (car, garage) but it's the ball lock, right? (just wanna be 100% sure)

#8740 3 years ago

Maybe I'm not on the right page, but when I go to update the code from Spooky's GAME SUPPORT page (https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/), I don't see any specific instructions on WHAT TO DO and/or HOW TO DO IT.

What I mean by that is, it doesn't say "To update your code, make sure to click on the CODE UPDATE link under the image on the left. Once downloaded, move the .pkg file to a USB key (and any other instructions required once on the key - for example, with Stern updates, you need to UNZIP the files and then upload the unzipped files to your key only). I assume we just have to move the .pkg file to USB key on its own, then stick the key into the USB slot behind the R&M translite, I assume? Shut the pin off before we do so? Then once done, we'll see something on the screen that says "Update complete" or something? Then we should shut the pin, remove the USB and then re-boot?

Most of what I'm writing above is "assumed" because I've done Stern updates, but I feel for those people who have never done a code update is that's the page they land on. Not very user-friendly.

Love all you do at Spooky but I would politely request a better EXPLANATION of what one needs to do in order to update their machine's code ON the GAME SUPPORT page (not here on Pinsider, which not every owner follows-- we know this) and maybe even a quick VIDEO tutorial they can also place on their YouTube channel and then embed onto that page.

The more information you can provide the end user, the less questions Spooky will receive and the easier it will be for everyone.

#8757 3 years ago

Can someone show me where the USB ports are, to place the USB key to update the code? I've been looking for 10 mins, I must be blind!! :0

IMG_4496 (resized).JPGIMG_4496 (resized).JPG
#8760 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Far right board on the center bottom.

WOW! I honestly would have never guessed that. You can't even see the holes from the front, so odd that Spooky doesn't make it more obvious or AT LEAST put a picture up on their website, pointing it out. Would save newbies a lot of headaches. Thanks for pointing this out.

#8907 3 years ago

This is starting to get frustrating now.

Got my R&M a couple of weeks ago, took a while to get bottom right flipper strong enough to get up left ramp. I think that's finally done now.

Still working on the top right flipper to hit garage regularly but it hasn't worked yet. Adjusted the flipper to be on par with the lane coming down to it, but still no great results. I almost NEVER am able to hit the garage upon launch. 1 out of 100 maybe.

And then today, the bottom left flipper started, well....bugging out! Here's a video below of the issue at hand. Obviously it started to "act up" during a multi-ball because of all the flipping so I wanted to show you what happens in this video. Can anyone diagnose the problem or should I be emailing Spooky? Thanks!

I was flipping the whole way through.

1 week later
#9349 3 years ago

I received my R&M about a month ago, had issues with flippers like most people but last night the POP BUMPER stopped working. Nothing happens when ball hits it. Can anyone offer any advice on this? I'm a newbie, not a techie so please "walk me through it", if need be. Thanks!

EDIT: I played a few more games today, same shit. Pop bumper wasn't working. Then during my 4th game I noticed that the ANTI-GRAVITY button wasn't working or at least not making any noise when I pressed on it. Then a minute later, the pop bumper "came back" and so did the ANTI-GRAVITY. All seems fine now but I have NO IDEA what happened or if it will happen again. Hopefully just a temporary glitch that won't return.

#9353 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Check both the switch gap and the wires going to the coil lugs. I had one of my wires come off the coil and had to resolder it back on.

What is a switch gap? What are coil lugs?

1 month later
#10749 3 years ago

I'm a huuge R&M fan. I woke up extra early to order my R&M and received it about 2 months ago, #284.

Since then, I've had nothing but issues on it, in fact, I haven't played it in past 3 weeks because fuse keeps blowing every time, we're still not sure why. I'm a TOTAL NEWBIE and know nothing about how to fix pinball machines, nor do I have the time or inclination. For me, pinball is game, it's a fun hobby to play during my downtime.

Thankfully I know folks in my city who are good at that stuff but it costs $$ for them to come out here and try to fix these issues and many of them are ongoing. My garage flipper still isn't perfectly aligned it seems (rarely ever hit garage) and both the left and right bottom flipper have not worked at one time or another. In fact, I don't remember the game ever working perfectly, at least not since I got it. The pop bumper stopped working a few weeks ago as well, but we managed to fix that one. Oh and the plunger wouldn't "plunge" at one point but apparently that was related to the right flipper not working (blown fuse).

SPOOKY service has been good. They respond to every email and try to help as best they can. Buuuuuut they also come back to me with "Pinball machines require a ton of regular maintenance" in their emails and that's fine too but if you're gonna say that sort of thing to folks who have invested their hard-earned $10,000 into your machine, you should state that OFF THE HOP! In other words, when you are selling these machines that "require a ton of regular maintenance", why not tell that to the customer, before-hand?

Honestly, had you told me that I was going to be spending another 2-3 months "adjusting" stuff on the game and spending between $400-1000 extra dollars on fixing things or getting it right (I'm not even including the fact that we changed the noisy fan), I likely would have waited until all of these issues are worked out in the end of the run -- and I don't even know about that either.

I have purchased 4 brand-new STERN machines in the past 2 years and never had ANY issues with any of them. I mean, a plastic broke on my DEADPOOL but that's about it. I was able to play the games consistently and without worrying about what's gonna break next. I know everyone and their uncle is gonna say "But you can't compare both companies, one is a MASSIVE one, the other family-owned, etc..." but when you are charging the same amount for your games and telling people they require a "ton of maintenance" after the fact, that just doesn't add up to me.

Again, I still love SPOOKY and will continue to support them but I will NOT be buying any more of their brand new machines until all this BS "regular maintenance" things are worked out. These are NOT regular maintenance issues, guys. These are obvious (and ongoing) problems that are happening to many many people and to say it's "regular maintenance" isn't being honest. I read some guy say he spent 40-60 hours "adjusting" his machine a few pages ago. WTF??! These are problems and you can't just stick with the "Well, you guys can fix it!" as the resolution. At some point, I think it's important for SPOOKY to better understand its customers (not everyone are techies) and appreciate the amount of time/money that we're putting behind their machines.

And yes, I mean that maybe you should offer some kind of warranty/guarantee so that folks like me aren't stuck shelling out so much more $$ even after the fact. Just a thought.

#10805 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Just a thought.
It would be great if you put an FAQ on your website or a post on pinside that lists out common adjustments/tweaks and areas that are being addressed. Also, when you come out with new fixes, owners can have easy access to getting alerts on those updates. Sifting through 216 pages of post to figure out what needs to be adjusted is not ideal.

This is a brilliant idea and the "key posts" in this thread are no solution as most people who own this game are NOT visiting pinside day-to-day and even if they did, they don't know their ways around like experts in this thread. Y'all need to remember that it's usually the most techie of the bunch (DYI) that visit these forums, a lot of owners just call/email the company directly or visit their website and Spooky's website is okay but can definitely need an upgrade. Even their CODE UPDATE page isn't very specific in terms of how to update code. There's just a link to the code and....well, good luck! Just add a few lines "To update your game code, click on the link on the left. Once downloaded, move the code to a flash drive. Etc" Then include a picture of WHERE we need to stick that drive in the game, since it's not obvious either. These are some basic things that can only help improve customer service and only takes a few mins to implement.

#10806 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Okay this may seem simple, but I've never done this before on these new fangled contraptions? Is there anything special you need to do to update the code? Is it simply plug the stick into the port and turn the game on and it updates automatically? Or do I need to go into a menu? I didn't see any update code options in the utilities.

Wooooooooooooow! I just wrote about this, right under your post. I've been saying for months that Spooky can help make things easier for folks trying to update their code by adding some basic instructions on their CODE page. Not sure why they don't it: https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/. It's great that they're telling us what's new in the latest code but more important to users is....HOW do I update my code?

1 month later
#12206 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Can anyone explain how the diverter works? Should it be open or closed normally. I hear it move when the ball hits the right switch, but most of the time unless the ball is screaming it comes down the orbit, but I've also had it go to the garage when the portal isn't on.
Is there a time when the ball should not be able to go to the garage?

There's a function in SETTINGS that allows you to basically disable the diverter and since I did so, the game (and my shots around the orbit) has been playing much smoother. Kinda feels like when I did the same thing on my Metallica. A lot better flow.

#12208 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

On a positive note, while I had it open I finally made adjustments to the left garage shot. WOW, what a difference. I had already made the other orbit adjustments, and upper flipper adjustment, and now all the shots are butter (when you actually hit them). First couple games I was hitting dimensions I've never seen before.
As has been mentioned, if you just make the adjustments so that the rails more closely match the art, that seems to be the trick.

Can you elaborate on this a little more? I've had mine for 3-4 months now and still can't hit the left garage shot with any regularity. Everyone tells me to "play better" but it just doesn't seem to get there. Any advice would be appreciated, including pics of what you did, perhaps?

#12209 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa2145:

But the diverter is usefull to gameplay. If the garage is not lit, it diverts you to the spinner which charges the portal gun to open the garage for a new dimension. The only other way to the spinner is with the upper flipper, but harder to do than orbit/diverter
For this reason I would not disable it. Works well for me at least !

I can actually hit the top spinner with the upper flipper quite well, surprisingly, so no problems there. I even hit it 2-3 times in a row sometimes. The left garage shot on the other hand....fuggedaboutit!

1 week later
#12436 3 years ago

I finally made peace with the fact that I will likely never perfect the top right-flipper garage shot, as much as we tinker with it, so I've let that go, but most recently whenever I try to reach the garage/dimension start via the right orbit (especially when I'm whipping a fast shot that way), it will "get stuck" right before it gets behind the house and ends up trinkling back down, via the right orbit. Feels like it hits something?

Does this happen to anyone else and what is the solution?

I'd love to be able to start dimensions more consistently at some point.

#12484 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Seems like with R&M when more than one ball drains (during multi-ball), the code waits until after each ball is re-launched to check if there's time left on the ball-saver timer for the next ball. Hopefully this can be fixed!

Spooky considers this part of the game. I hope they reconsider because their multi-balls are the shortest of any game I've ever owned and considering everyone considers the game "really hard", why make it that much harder? (and please don't say "play better"). Most pins give you back the balls that drain while the "ball save" is still on, but Spooky has placed a "limit" on the number of balls that can be saved. Maybe allow the option for some to change this in the SETTINGS? I like the game but it's been so hard to adjust stuff on it (still adjusting, even though I got the game almost 4-5 months ago) and with games lasting 2-3 mins sometimes, it would be nice to consider an option for those players who are looking to have more longer playtimes in the MBs.

#12496 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I have had some great multiball sessions, some miserable ones that have lasted 10-20 seconds, and many frustrating ones that are less than a minute. I find all of this part of the fun and charm of R&M and would hope that they do not change it. I actually really appreciate the challenge that the game currently is and the feeling of reward when I have a great multiball, ball, or game for that matter. Other than adjusting some shots to make them cleaner, I see no need to make this game any easier as it is a homerun as is. I suppose if someone had this as their only pin, they might crave some longer ball times. But if I wanted less of a challenge and a marathon game, I can hop on over to Scared Stiff. I say leave the genius that is R&M and Eric's coding alone except to add more goodness. What is in there is already near perfect.

I think you're describing what a lot of Pinsiders and tournament players enjoy about the game but there's another side which I'm trying to represent here and those are casual pinball players who just play to have fun, and aren't really looking to be challenged or to improve their skills. I think most people on Pinside would likely agree with you but not everyone who purchased this game is on Pinside, in fact, this game in particular brought out a lot of people who just liked the theme and wanted to own the game from the outside. I know that whenever friends come over, they will play it for 1-2 games but then move on to something else because it's just too hard. Even top players say the same thing, so there's truth there. Why make it more difficult by making the MB more limited than most other pins?? It's important to keep a game challenging for top players but it's almost important to remember that a lot of people just wanna have fun and play different modes and get into different dimensions and when they can't do so, it's frustrating, hence why I brought this up since the MB option in settings wouldn't hurt players like yourself, but it would allow "newbies" to adjust so that their games can be more fulfilling.

2 weeks later
#13089 2 years ago

I think I've finally resolved my "garage shot issues" as a tech came over today, loosened the left orbit curb (removed 2 screws) and removed house to fix diverter issue that was sending back a lot of my shots from the right orbit. Woo-hoo! Finally feels like a "fuller game" now that I can hit the garage more consistently.

The "bad news" is that after he left I noticed that I wasn't getting any Glomflomite multiballs. Like at all.

In fact, even though my shots are registering going through the horseshoe, I'm never told to "lock a ball" up there anymore. Like ever. Balls aren't getting locked up there anymore. Hence, can't get any Glomflomite multiballs, which clearly are required for the game.

Any idea what the problem may be?

#13093 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'd start by checking the connections to your crank and your opticals in the horseshoe. You don't mention if the targets go up and down or if the lights are on.

Nice! I just noticed that the Flooble-crank switch is not functioning either, so I can't build up the gravity meter/magnet either.

So you think the same crank switch can affect the horseshoe section? I don't remember the targets going up at all, maybe once or twice but mostly they are staying down. Lights are functional in horseshoe.

EDIT: So I just played the TOTAL RICKALL adventure and the targets outside horseshoe did go up during the entire adventure. They were registering when hit. It also locked a ball during PICKLE RICK and held it locked. Weird. It only seems to be the Glomflomite multiball that doesn't seem to be working or locking balls.

#13103 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Did your tech remove the captive ball and forget to put it back?

Close. He accidentally switched the "switch" behind the ball to a "magnet switch" but then he realized it was in the wrong spot and placed it instead of the right orbit switch. Unfortunately, I believe he forgot to put the old switch back behind the flooble-crank, so that's why the flooble ain't working and now I understand why the balls aren't being locked either. Thanks everyone!

2 months later
#14922 2 years ago

Now that I appear to have most of the "you gotta fix this" issues out of the way in this game (at least I'm hoping), I've been enjoying it a little of late, even though it's still tough as shit. I love the show though, so it's worth it in the long run. I had a question for MOD-ers out there, what are you putting on your left ramp, to cover the screws halfway up the ramp? It kinda looks like a perfect spot to place a big head of SCARY TERRY with his mouth open over the ramp (ball goes through) but just wondering if a MOD company is making anything for that spot, or if you guys have anything there on your game? I have the cool ANATOMY PARK over the right ramp, and it's slick there.

IMG_0527 (resized).jpgIMG_0527 (resized).jpgIMG_0528 (resized).jpgIMG_0528 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#15530 2 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Hi all- having an issue where the pop bumper has gradually stopped working after a bunch of games. A really hard shot to it might activate it but most balls just “thud” off of it. I know the nuts have not fallen off and I’m guessing it’s something with the spoon in the bumper mech. Just curious as to what others have done to remedy this. Thanks

This happens to me a lot as well. Some games it works fine, other games it doesn't register at all. Just THUDs, like you said.

3 months later
#16614 2 years ago

Something weird happened to my game today as I moved it from the top floor of my house to the basement. The move was pretty straight-forward, no issues per se. I also had to remove the TOPPER because it wouldn't fit into the basement otherwise.

Anyway, everything went well, the game turns on, the screen turns on, the playfield lights, music and everything turn on....buuuuut the game doesn't turn on. Doh!

When I press START, literally nothing happens. I tried to go into the SETTINGS inside the door and nothing happened when I pressed on that as well, i.e. it doesn't turn on the SETTINGS menu.

Any suggestions? (ps: I'm not a DYIer, not very techie)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
$ 210.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 13,500.00
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 300.00
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BeeGeeMtl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=BeeGeeMtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.