(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BMore-Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I speak/text with Luke and Charlie almost daily on suggestions and tips. I (and others) do this for every game. They value the input and adjust quickly.
Being a guy that helps maintain 50 games on route, has rebuilt countless, and is somewhat over analytical... it is a good thing for all to let me nit pick any new game. Companies that are focused on the feedback and wanting to adjust are great!
I think Ben describes me as an asshole, but a smart passionate asshole
This is the best spooky build to date and shows their continued focus on improving. The whole team has tons of personal accountability and wants to get better all the time! This attitude makes it fun to try and help out.
I am honestly blown away by the pf quality. Game likely has over 200 plays already and I cant find a dimple.

Those down the line greatly appreciate this! Thank you for basically being a play tester.

#542 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Now flipping at ayce Gogi in so cal. To be enjoyed tomorrow by myself and the on tilt league, but if you live nearby-It is Now playing. Very nice!
[quoted image]

This place is around the corner from my daughter, she is going to be psyched when she finds out.

#624 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Again, makes all the games next to it look antiquated.

Jurassic Park is awesome

1 month later
#1941 3 years ago

I'm done with this Dimension

rick-sanchez-morty-smith-middle-finger-png-clip-art (resized).jpgrick-sanchez-morty-smith-middle-finger-png-clip-art (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2210 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Serious Hilton? If a company bought something in bulk and it doesn’t work properly that’s their problem to fix it. If they have to purchase a better part to correct the issue that’s on them. Its called business. They took the risk that the part would work as intended and went for the savings on buying in bulk. If said item doesn’t perform as expected it’s on the company to fix not push off on the consumer.
Every time someone mentions a correction some of you are so quick to judge. It’s extremely difficult to take a few lines of sentence and judge someone’s intentions.
More constructive and less critical....why some of you care so much how a random person words a post in a forum is beyond me.

I have not been critical of spooky or the game at all but I was thinking the same thing

#2216 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

problem is that many read things that are tweaks and think the sky is falling and it MUST be fixed.
These are just suggestions for adjustment and things we would like to see if possible.
Similar example would be on JP2 to talk about how on many games the ball launch does not make it all the way through the loop and instead rattles and then trickles back towards the S shot entrance. This is not a fatal flaw. This is a need for some adjustment to make it work more predictably. Over time, stuff gets out of alignment on JP2 also and needs to be fixed.[quoted image]

I understand, it's just frustrating for those of use with limited mechanical abilities paying for something that is this expensive.
I am still super excited for this game, it's the best theme integration i have seen in a long time.

If you have a fix for JP, i'm listening.
I did the washer fix but it still fails about 10% of the time

1 week later
#2327 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It Is possible what Scott designed is not how it was assembled? None the less the game is fun and sharing solutions so others can fully enjoy it is harmless. Don't think anyone would say this is a bad game in anyway.

Can't see how that's possible, he seems very hands on.

1 month later
#3444 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

This one says 89....
[quoted image]

I am amazed you guys can ship these without the topper getting damage
must be some sort of voodoo magic

1 week later
#3685 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

This game also seems to obliterate the post rubbers. It doesn’t help that they use clear “slimmer” style rubbers but mine were not just noticeably dirty after even maybe 50 games but also chewed up to hell. It’s strange because ACNC uses the same post rubbers and I do not have that issue. I’m not sure if the game may be really roughing the balls up because of all the exposed ball guides that the ball constantly whacks.

Would love for Spooky to upgrade these. Replacing all the post rubbers is not something I really want to do.
Seems like a common complaint that they should address. I am happy to pay extra for better post rubbers if that is what's needed from me.

SpookyCharlie also just a thought - is it possible to implement something in the software that turns off or dims the speaker lights during play.
Stern has a similar setting for it's back glass light and it works great to reduce reflections when you are playing and brightens it back up during attract mode.

#3691 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I also have requested this from Spooky!! Replacing post rubber after only 50 or so games doesn't float my boat!! Everybody have fun,B safe!

Agree - I 100% don't mind paying extra if that's what it takes.
I am not looking for something for nothing.

3 months later
#6121 3 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

9.28 crashed on me as well. I have a video of the machine as it crashed if interested.

With so many having issues, surprised Spooky didn't catch it before release

#6126 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Spooky (me, in this case) has been trying like hell to "catch it" but so far I can't get my machine have this issue. I'm trying.
Nothing much about these reports is consistent. Nobody has come up with "here's how to reliably re-create the problem".
I'm doing my best here.

Thanks, I can understand how errors can be random and difficult to replicate

2 weeks later
#6599 3 years ago

so .... another years wait for game 530?
Not sure anymore if I can wait that long

#6610 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm a very patient person, but yeah, I am aching for a new game and don't press the button because I know I have this coming, but with all the great new games coming out it's getting harder not to since this is so far out.

I am very patient also, but I agree. Jan will already be a year and it's not looking like I am getting it anytime soon.
And some of the new games coming out honestly look a lot better than this game for a similar price

2 weeks later
#7108 3 years ago

wow short ball times - can RM be set to 10 ball games.... asking for friend

1 month later
#9077 3 years ago

happier and happier everyday that I am waiting for a game in the 500's!

1 month later
#10542 3 years ago

SpookyCharlie TheNoTrashCougar

wondering if it would be possible to have a setting in the code that dims or turns off the speaker lights during game play - similar to the Stern setting that dims the backbox lights during gameplay

#10613 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I debated posting this as it's another negative take on this game from me, but this is the owners thread and I'm an owner and just need to vent and give my first week thoughts.
I've put about 100 games in since receiving last week and I'm annoyed by a lot of things on this machine, especially those requiring extra money to fix:
1. Air balls off the left and right ramps. One protector for the upper part of the right ramp, and two protectors needed for the entrances of each. - $34USD
2. Flippers losing strength incredibly fast, even outside of multi-balls. If I play for 10 minutes outside of a multi-ball, I am unable to backhand the right ramp. Aftermarket cooling solution is now needed. - $115-170USD (2-3 flipper kit)
3. The stock fan is AGRESSIVELY loud and high-pitched. - $17USD
4. Leg protectors to protect the cabinet from its own legs. I had a January build and this is still a problem with the legs. - $10USD.
Total = $176-231USD - Good for PinMonk and other modders (Thank you), bad for me.
Add this on to the growing list of aftermarket adjustments that are needed after receiving it.
1. The garage shot from the upper flipper may as well not exist on my machine. Maybe the upper flipper isn't situated correctly, but it looks to be in line with the ball guide as mentioned in key posts.
2. The character standup targets are basically dead from the factory and needed to be adjusted to be more sensitive to hits.
3. The flipper switches needed adjustment to prevent drooping when hit.
4. The right loop garage shot was essentially half-closed by an open ball guide that needed to be bent to even make the shot.
5. The scoop rejects 3/5 times. I've bent the top down bit, but still need to place washers underneath to lower it into the playfield.
6. Flippers are way too high off the playfield (is this causing issues with all my shots?). Thankfully, Spooky is doing the right thing and sending replacements out to those in need.
If everything is working and you happen to have just started a game with fresh flipper strength, it can be very addictive and truly has that "one more game" feeling to it, even with all the frustrations. I'm still happy to have it, will likely be with me for a very long time, and can't wait for future updates.

I thought the leg issue was fixed with new builds?

#10764 3 years ago

Looking forward to getting mine very soon

2 weeks later
#11291 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa2145:

Legs are close but not touching with included metal spacer and felt protector. The would touch without the additional felt
[quoted image][quoted image]

were the felt protectors included or did you buy them?

1 week later
#11634 3 years ago

Finally getting mine delivered this Sunday #503!

#11750 3 years ago

Is this still the procedure for code updates?

#11932 3 years ago

any word on the new flipper bushings from Spooky?

1 week later
#12125 2 years ago

Just got my game - and I am going to be 100% honest.
I was one of those guys that followed for a year what everybody said about this game and had a lot of anxiety about getting mine.
So much to the point that I was ready to sell it before it was even delivered.

I am so glad I did not, this game rocks - it is so much fun.
The sound and light show are awesome.
The layout, while it does have some challenging shots - is not even close to the disaster some make it out to be
The toughest shot for me on day 1 is the left and right portal shot - I was able to make both multiple times, but it's not an easy shot.

I really love it!!!!!!!
Great job Spooky!!!!
Super happy I got to be one of the 750

One question about the spaceship. I would like to not have mine break and I remember the suggestion to loosen the screws. Can anybody confirm this is a good fix and what screws do I loosen - all 4 of then or just the left or right 2?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#12131 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

In your picture there, just the 2 on the right.
It is possible, with the right long nose pliers, to grip the heads to loosen the nuts.
Otherwise, disassembly takes a bit, there are hidden fasteners under the house.

So there are nuts on the bottom you need to hold to loosen the top?

#12133 2 years ago

This is my first spooky game - is there a way to cancel/FF past the bonus screen like other machines by pressing both flippers
Mine doesn't seem to do this

#12135 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Double flipper speeds past everything but the match sequence.
If yours doesn’t, check settings?

Didn't see that in settings, just getting used to Spooky menus - any guidance?

#12157 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So, double tapping flippers during almost any animation cancels the animation. There are a few - like losing the ball during whirly dirly - that seem to have to play thru the final animation before it stops.
It does not appear to do that with the match game, however, you can skip if by just hitting start to start another game right away.

I was able to cancel all animations by tapping flippers except for the bonus add up screen after each ball

#12174 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I was able to cancel all animations by tapping flippers except for the bonus add up screen after each ball

Sorry for any confusion, this is working correctly.
Flipper tap does FF through the bonus scree - it's just not as quick a FF as I expected.

#12178 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Joined the club today, and have had a bunch of issues I'm hoping I can fix easily.
Firstly, the pkayfieldbwas a pain in the ass to slip back in. Is it supposed to be that tight? Felt like something in the back of the cabinet was in the way, and have to almost force it into place to seat it.
Next, the glass doesn't go in straight, so you can't put the lockdown bar on. I had to shove it pretty hard while putting the lockdown bar in place. I can see the glass hangs over the right side slightly more
And lastly, the flipper is going crazy. First, the upper flipper will big out, then it starts doing it on the lower. Also, noticed if I try to catch the ball with the right flipper, there is some give, like a bit of a bounce to the flipper. On the left flipper, it's sturdy.
Here what happens just pushing the flipper.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Check the rails holding the PF - make sure you didn't loose any screws and that nothing is blocking them
Make sure cab is square and wasn't damaged in shipping
Make sure rear wires are clear when pushing back PF
Make sure all cables/connections under the PF and in the backbox are in correctly and securely
Like poster said above, check leaf springs on flipper switch

1 week later
#12334 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

How do you get the intergalactic commercials to play? Is there a setting in the settings? Maybe I'm just not seeing it?
And does it just randomly play on its own?

It's in the settings, and you set how many rotations it waits until it plays

1 week later
#12668 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yesterday, I was getting pretty bad knockdowns on my lower right flipper with the EOS set very aggressively to the actual End-Of-Stroke (first photo).
Today, I adjusted the EOS to fire just before the actual End-Of-Stroke and tightened the switch gap (second photo). Knockdowns eliminated
Since these really minor adjustments seem to have a huge impact on the flipper behavior, it's not surprising that many of our games were behaving differently after the recent code update.
With other games I've owned, EOS fine tuning has only effected flipper strength. I don't know why such small/subtle changes to the EOS would effect knockdowns so dramatically. Nevertheless, finding the sweet spot for both power and knockdowns requires some trial & error (on Rick and Morty, at least).

I am clueless as to what/where the EOS adjustment is in the picture, can you please repost with labels and arrows?

#12704 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hard to know if "Spooky" is listening, but we know Eric's been focused on resolving flipper issues (along with advice from Gerry Stellenberg, P-ROC guru).
Unfortunately, the flippers are still wonky & temperamental. After much trial/error fiddling with the flippers, my game is playing ok (but they are nowhere as solid as I'm use to on other games). I've been corresponding with a handful of Pinsiders who have been frustrated as well.
Apparently, the last 2 Spooky games were based on the same architecture (P-ROC) yet don't suffer from the same flipper issues.
I unboxed my game 6 months ago and I'm surprised it's taken this long to nail. Scott/Eric (and the rest of the team) have clearly put a lot of love into this game and I'm hopeful they will get to the root cause of why the flippers are so wonky & temperamental. Despite the aggravation, it's one of my favorite games of all time. It will all get worked out, I'm sure. It's important that folks having issues contact Spooky directly as well...Pinside posts aren't a substitute for contacting Spooky support directly. I know they've helped me on several occasions.
I found this recent thread really interesting...actually one of the reasons I sold my AFMr. Hard for serious players to love a game with "weird" flippers.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-s-time-to-talk-about-cgc-remake-flippers-
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-s-time-to-talk-about-cgc-remake-flippers-#post-6223957

My flippers started out good, but are now showing issues
Have never had a problem at all on my ARMr - Zero issues

#12792 2 years ago

Now my technical skill is at the way lower end of the skill spectrum,
But I ask this question ...

Flipper mechs don't really seem that complicated, they have been on pinball since day 2 - and Stern seems to just about perfected them.
So why are other manufacturers having so many issues?

#12819 2 years ago

So if springs solve the flipper issues, will Spooky send out new springs with the new bushings when available?

#12921 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Im struggling now with my flippers. My flippers have been great, I've had my pin for a long time, now they are getting funky with the new code. I went to the original setting and I hit multiball and they just started flipping themselves. dang. this kinda blows as my flippers have always been great until now

same, flippers were fine until new code

#12944 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Tilt sensitivity.
I have to nudge my game pretty good to get a tilt warning, but many times it will tilt out while handling it like a baby after the first warning.
I do enjoy the tilt callouts very much, but only if they are warranted.
Any ideas on adjustments?

If you want a more sensitive tilt, raise tilt bob up

4 weeks later
#13905 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

You guys are going to get really sick of me...but I think I fixed another issue with 3D printing. So, as I mentioned a while back...my theory on the flipper bushings is that the entire platform should be dropped roughly an 1/8th. I don't think it makes sense to change standard pinball parts (like bushings) when all that is really needed is a slightly thicker playfield.
So, I developed something I'll call the "X spacer". My goal with this project was to get the flippers into the correct position without forcing people to remove the flippers or deal with any complex disassembly. In testing I have to say it makes a world of difference. I really did not believe that 1/8th of an inch was enough to impact the way that the game plays but holy shit if it isn't a huge improvement.
To install these, you basically need three X spacers (two if you don't care about the upper flipper...but you should ) and 24 #8 5/8 screws. You take all of the screws out of the flipper plate allowing it to lightly hang by the flipper only, then thread the 3D printed part underneath. It is slightly annoying to flex the part around all of the wires and things, but it takes less than five minutes per flipper.
Like my portal protector, I'm planning on dropping the designs for these as soon as I get everything posted. If you're interested in buying them from me, once again I'll work up some kind of price and start shipping them to people in need. I'm currently working on my packing and shipping skills to figure out a way to get stuff to people for as reasonable as possible. Give me a few days on both sharing the file and dropping a price.
If you are interested, go ahead and message me here and I'll tally everything up.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How thick?
I think us mortals could accomplish this with some washers

1 month later
#14697 2 years ago

got replacement bushings, how difficult is the swap

5 months later
#16650 2 years ago

Game code check:
rm-gamecode-20210810
the most current stable build?

8 months later
#18484 1 year ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hi Pinside gang,
In case you were following the "Making of Rick and Morty" video series on YouTube ... here are the last two installments. Part 2 (with Scott D's continuing interview) and the part 3 finale (with Charlie Emery) are both linked below. Thanks for watching and I really hope you enjoy them. And ... thanks to Scott, Charlie and Spooky for their time - it was really fun!

That's a wrap!
Sincerely,
Chris Bucci

Thanks, just watched 1&2 last night ... great job.
Found it interesting that Scott says it was designed from the start to be R&M and Kandea keeps saying it was always TNA 2

#18492 1 year ago

I've had this game for a while now just realized I don't think I've ever gotten extra ball. What are the requirements to light the extra ball?

#18512 1 year ago

I've had this game for a while now just realized I don't think I've ever gotten extra ball.
What are the requirements to light the extra ball? epthegeek ?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#18578 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

I just bought #373 BSE Rick and Morty. Pumped to be able part of the crew. This is my dream theme and first spooky. Where is the pickle Rick hidden on the game? I watched a play field overview video and thought one was supposed to be hidden. I can’t find it!!!

under 3rd flipper

3 weeks later
#18771 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

When working %100, knowing Spooky will never make this game again - I wouldn’t let it go for anything under $100,000. Game is Epic!!!

I do love mine, it's my most played pin
But..... I'd be willing to sell my for $50,000
hit me up if interested

2 weeks later
#18838 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

I went to tip up the playfield to work on something and the back panel wouldn"t fit between the playfield support rails and I was like, "huh, that's weird" The game has been playing a little weird, so I leveled it, but the back adjusters weren't even by a long shot. Turns out the support rail on one side was pulling off the cabinet! Going to have to get some larger short screws to fix this, also going to drill the plate for 2 extra holes for extra support. First owner, so the game hasn't been transported around...
Check your rail supports!

yeah, I saw an R&M delivered where both rails came out and the PF was at the bottom of the cab - game works fine but it was a job pulling out the PF to put the rails back on
I have no clue why Spooky doesn't thru-bolt the rails like other MFG's SpookyBug ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 210.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BMore-Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=BMore-Pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.