(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 404.
#4901 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Just because I don’t want to deal with months of ever expanding daydreaming that isn’t going to happen and then everyone being mad at me because I didn’t build what this wild speculation turned in to; No. To most of that.
Finish the card, the card will clear. Period. It’s a punch card. This isn’t tron.
At this point, I do not expect a “Wizard Mode” after you finish a card. Hopefully there will be more than one Morty’s choice, but we don’t really have plans for bigger shit outside of the adventures (however many of them there ends up being).

I'm sorry man, I shouldn't have armchair qb'd you. The reality is that the rules that you and Bowen developed are deep and challenging enough to keep me coming back for many thousands of games. Its already one of my favorite games of all time and will only get better.

I thought about it more and the suggestions I made aren't really needed. For me personally I want to avoid having those games where I fill up the card and then basically have to start back over again on a new card basically in jail. But I realize that when I've completed the card in the past I've had 3 stamps spotted at game start as well as picking up at least one more awarded stamp. If I reduce or get rid of the spotted stamps that eliminates this concern almost completely. Plus if I'm on a quest for an all green card, I shouldnt get any freebie mystery cards making the challenge even tougher. As far as a wizard mode goes, it probably isn't needed if I have the potential to carry a 20x multiplier into a special Morty’s Choice adventure. I can't imagine any wizard mode topping that. And adding in the mode completion multiplier and adventure high score tables were huge additions for me! Thank you for doing that.

Thanks for all of the hard work and thought that you've put into this game. Just knowing that there are still more adventures coming has me super excited!

#4902 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

As far as a wizard mode goes, it probably isn't needed if I have the potential to carry a 20x multiplier into a special Morty’s Choice adventure. I can't imagine any wizard mode topping that.

Very true! Although I wonder if the Morty’s choice multiplier resets along with the card?

#4903 3 years ago

Not quite 12k..yet Winning bidder backed out. His wife flipped out or at least that what he said to weasel out of it. Two people bid it up to 11700 then 11800 they had been in it the whole time. Two actual people. Then this dude out of no where snipes with 19 seconds left, @11900. We'll see where this goes but I doubt I see anything and he gets off with a non payment strike. A second chance offer was made to the next highest bidder but we'll see...

Quoted from toyotaboy:

so I guess R&M is a $12k game now?
ebay.com link » Rick And Morty Pinball Machine

#4904 3 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Not quite 12k..yet Winning bidder backed out. His wife flipped out or at least that what he said to weasel out of it. Two people bid it up to 11700 then 11800 they had been in it the whole time. Two actual people. Then this dude out of no where snipes with 19 seconds left, @11900. We'll see where this goes but I doubt I see anything and he gets off with a non payment strike. A second chance offer was made to the next highest bidder but we'll see...

Just curious - what are the fees taken by eBay and PayPal total percentage wise? Hopefully the second guy actually pays!

#4905 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just curious - what are the fees taken by eBay and PayPal total percentage wise? Hopefully the second guy actually pays!

10% up to a max of $750 plus insertion fees..use your imagination lol.

#4906 3 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Boy... did I call it... or did I call it.

Another tainted BS eBay auction.

One of the suckers that were bidding against the schill will be dumb enough to take it and not realize what happened.

#4907 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Boy... did I call it... or did I call it.
Another tainted BS eBay auction.
One of the suckers that were bidding against the schill will be dumb enough to take it and not realize what happened.

You might want to re-read that. Or, which bidder do you think was the shill? The "winner" placed only a single bid. The other two "suckers" would only have to pay $100 or $200 more than what they bid to take it at the winning price. Now, when neither of those folks want it after FOMO leaves the blood stream, you now have a valid argument because it drops back down to ~10K.

#4908 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

To imply that someone bidding was a schill is to accuse the Seller of being involved in a scam.

Not a very cool thing to do in the absence of any sort of proof.

Typical eBay Clusterfuck. ...but look at the Bid History and then SHOW me why you think there was a schill bidder involved and where / how you can connect a Bidder with the Seller.

Otherwise, I would think an apology would be in order.

#4909 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm sorry man, I shouldn't have armchair qb'd you.

Not trying to be overly harsh; input can be a great thing. I just wanted to get in front of overly grandiose major dreams before it got out of hand.

If we end up doing some sort of over arching wizard mode that only 6 guys will ever get to, it will be after everything else is done. I'd rather spend time and effort making content the majority of owners will see and enjoy. Progress on things is a little slow because of hoops we have to jump through, but its not stopping any time soon.

#4910 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Not trying to be overly harsh; input can be a great thing. I just wanted to get in front of overly grandiose major dreams before it got out of hand.
If we end up doing some sort of over arching wizard mode that only 6 guys will ever get to, it will be after everything else is done. I'd rather spend time and effort making content the majority of owners will see and enjoy. Progress on things is a little slow because of hoops we have to jump through, but its not stopping any time soon.

I am still waiting on that ball fondlers code update to drop and PBL to release the mod for the cabinet.

ball fondlers (resized).jpgball fondlers (resized).jpg
#4911 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I just wanted to get in front of overly grandiose major dreams before it got out of hand.

If the machine doesn't convert into Rick's spaceship by the time I get my standard edition, I will be disappointed.
/s

#4912 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

To imply that someone bidding was a schill is to accuse the Seller of being involved in a scam.
Not a very cool thing to do in the absence of any sort of proof.
Typical eBay Clusterfuck. ...but look at the Bid History and then SHOW me why you think there was a schill bidder involved and where / how you can connect a Bidder with the Seller.
Otherwise, I would think an apology would be in order.

Never once did I accuse the seller of being involved. Lots of other people have interest in upping the final price. A non paying top bidder, even if a single bid, is a clear indication that person was pushing the price with no intent of purchase.

Many pros have multiple old eBay accounts for this purpose alone.

eBay is a complete mess and this “auction” is just another example.

#4913 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Never once did I accuse the seller of being involved. Lots of other people have interest in upping the final price. A non paying top bidder, even if a single bid, is a clear indication that person was pushing the price with no intent of purchase.

Perhaps you should use a different term. Schill Bidding is not what you describe, here.

And last minute, single bids, are the majority of winners in almost all of my auctions. eBay's rules pretty much encourage it.

#4914 3 years ago

Shill Bidding (note spelling) as defined by ebay:

Shill bidding is when someone bids on an item to artificially increase its price, desirability, or search standing.
Shill bidding can happen regardless of whether the bidder knows the seller. However, when someone bidding on an item knows the seller, they might have information about the seller's item that other shoppers aren't aware of. This could create an unfair advantage, or cause another bidder to pay more than they should. We want to maintain a fair marketplace for all our users, and as such, shill bidding is prohibited on eBay. For more details on what constitutes shill bidding, please see our full policy guidelines below.

ebay.com link: selling practices policy

#4915 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Shill bidding is when someone bids on an item to artificially increase its price, desirability, or search standing.

Shill Bidding and Price Pumping are not the same. Regardless of how eBay defines them.

#4916 3 years ago

Hey everyone, I am posting this here & in the other Rick & Morty thread. We have been getting emails saying " if I email about a game I can get one" and other such things. This is NOT correct. We have a waiting list that is HUGE for people that want a game if someone drops out. To be perfectly honest we have not had anyone contact us directly on wanting to sell their spot, all the transfers have come to our attention after both parties have agreed. Basically I am saying yes you can email us but it will only get you put on a waiting list. There are no more spots to be had. Just trying to clear up some stuff. Thanks stay happy, stay safe & play pinball.

#4917 3 years ago

This has to be the easiest game to apply software updates to. Bravo!

#4918 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

If the machine doesn't convert into Rick's spaceship by the time I get my standard edition, I will be disappointed.
/s

I doubt we'll get the spaceship, but by the time i see mine, with all these code updates, it will probably be able to fold upon itself twelve times and fit in my pocket so i can take it everywhere.

#4919 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Shill Bidding and Price Pumping are not the same. Regardless of how eBay defines them.

No matter how you slice it. That game did not sell apparently to the first second or third eBay “buyer” as it is for sale on all the fbook groups now.

#4920 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

No matter how you slice it. That game did not sell apparently to the first second or third eBay “buyer” as it is for sale on all the fbook groups now.

Ebay sometimes is crap these days...

#4921 3 years ago

Request for an option to disable the knocker on TILT please!

#4922 3 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

Request for an option to disable the knocker on TILT please!

The Knocker goes off for TILT?!? .... f'ing awesome!! Lol

#4923 3 years ago

My son is a much better player than I am but part of the difference is he shakes the machine and I don’t. Seeing the cabinet cam and the plumbus, and hearing some of the callouts are just priceless.

#4924 3 years ago

Request the option to double the knock on tilt lol that is epic. Is there another pin that does that? I honestly dont know. Is this a first? Spooky does a heck of a job on the small details that become so effective bravo. Cant wait to see what is next

#4925 3 years ago

C-500 paid in full, now the excited anticipation is building!!

It sounds like the container isn't too far from departure ...

Quoted from garretswinning:

Request the option to double the knock on tilt lol that is epic. Is there another pin that does that? I honestly dont know. Is this a first? Spooky does a heck of a job on the small details that become so effective bravo. Cant wait to see what is next

^^ This!

Love the integration of the knocker into aspects of the game like this.

Bring On the Knocker Dimension!!

Knocker fires with each hit of the Flooble Crank or Slam Ring or something, awards 25 schmeckles, and wide open for a funny title given Mortys fascination with hooters!

"8oobL3-Kn0ck" - Flooble Knocker Dimension

#4926 3 years ago

Love the knocker dimension idea. EVERYBODY loves knockers. How about an easter egg hidden in the code, perhaps? Quick ... cut to scene from Young Frankenstein, “What nice knockers”. And then back to R&M. Player is left wondering did he just see that?
75457D7B-DA18-4C32-8205-EB3ED50AE19E.gif75457D7B-DA18-4C32-8205-EB3ED50AE19E.gif

#4927 3 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

I got my build sheet today!!!
Edit- Aussies and Brits feel free to send me stupidly large offers, I can have it built to your liking

I bid 500 quatloos

#4928 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:I am still waiting on that ball fondlers code update to drop and PBL to release the mod for the cabinet.[quoted image]

Comes out of the bottom of the cabinet ala Thing?

#4929 3 years ago

I have an out-there idea for two dimensions that could either be innovative or miss the mark completely. I'm sharing here to see what others think... Could it work?

The Dimensions:
Low Gravity Dimension and Heavy Gravity Dimension: An optical illusion via light effects would give the effect of the ball traveling faster or slower up the play-field based on the light show.

How it works:
Using horizontal rows of lights that goes across the playfield and the "Chase" lighting effect (seen on marques and movie theaters) where adjacent light bulbs turn on and off to give the illusion of movement. These rows of lights would move upwards or downwards during the dimension - as this happens the ball SHOULD have the illusion of moving faster or slower based on whether the rows are traveling toward the backbox or the player. It would probably work better as a subtle difference in brightness to the moving lines, instead of full on and off.

The disorientation is be similar to the rotating tunnel in funhouses... How even though there is no alteration to the physical movement, the light movement creates the rotation. Just an idea I had, and I'm not even sure if the effect would be possible, but if it COULD happen, it would fit right in the world of Rick and Morty. What do others think?

#4930 3 years ago

I have enjoyed some wild lighting effects on some machines. However, I have definitely noticed the majority of people I see playing do not seem to enjoy strongly distracting flashing lights or when something becomes a different difficulty level due to the lights. It can be really jarring for some to be having a blast flipping away, and all of a sudden they don't know where the ball is and it's game over. It usually doesn't bother me. In some contexts, aggressive light shows can be very pleasing (I've been front row for a couple Aphex Twin shows if you need a reference on how extreme I can enjoy it). It might be a strong detriment for some, though.

#4931 3 years ago

Got my build sheet #217.

#4932 3 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

I have enjoyed some wild lighting effects on some machines. However, I have definitely noticed the majority of people I see playing do not seem to enjoy strongly distracting flashing lights or when something becomes a different difficulty level due to the lights. It can be really jarring for some to be having a blast flipping away, and all of a sudden they don't know where the ball is and it's game over. It usually doesn't bother me. In some contexts, aggressive light shows can be very pleasing (I've been front row for a couple Aphex Twin shows if you need a reference on how extreme I can enjoy it). It might be a strong detriment for some, though.

Yes that makes sense, but rather than flashing lights (which I agree would be annoying and not work), I'm recommending a subtle pulse/difference in brightness. Something like the current underwater dimension... But movement pulse instead.

#4933 3 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Got my build sheet #217.

I'm 219; hearing this just made my day. Now what I've mostly finished fixing my F14 I'll be looking forward to getting started on R&M

#4934 3 years ago

Does anybody have a read yet on how many machines they’re knocking out a week post reopening?

#4935 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Does anybody have a read yet on how many machines they’re knocking out a week post reopening?

I'm still waiting on more data. Even people in this thread don't always give out their info. The out of order invoices for foreign bound machines is not helping either. I pretty much just ignored them.

Who Knows? (resized).pngWho Knows? (resized).png
#4936 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

I'm still waiting on more data. Even people in this thread don't always give out their info. The out of order invoices for foreign bound machines is not helping either. I pretty much just ignored them.
[quoted image]

Is "Invoiced" the build sheet request? Or an actual request for payment?

#4937 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is "Invoiced" the build sheet request? Or an actual request for payment?

Invoiced is the build sheet. Most people seem to pay day of when they get that request, so that is listed as Paid in Full. Probably confusing but since this was just for my record keeping, that's how I thought of it.

#4938 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Invoiced is the build sheet. Most people seem to pay day of when they get that request, so that is listed as Paid in Full. Probably confusing but since this was just for my record keeping, that's how I thought of it.

Ok, my build sheet for 162 was on 7/21. Nothing since.

#4939 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

My build sheet and invoice were weeks apart, they arent the same. Build sheet is build sheet/options. Some time after submitting the options, then you get an invoice.

#4940 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes that makes sense, but rather than flashing lights (which I agree would be annoying and not work), I'm recommending a subtle pulse/difference in brightness. Something like the current underwater dimension... But movement pulse instead.

I agree, this idea is more of an animation by playfield lights. Motion effect.

Like when you're standing stationary on the beach. Then a wave rolls in over where you are standing. The incoming wave not giving the strongest effect, but the outgoing water running back. If you focus down at your feet at this point you get the sensation you are moving when you know you are not. It can unballance you, I guess similar to the intention by having something similar in a game dimension.

This vid is for some other motion effect, but best I could easily find and it helps visualise the playfield lighting behaviour to give the effect. It is more Motion effect than "flashing".

With the annimation going the other direction it could also fit a description of "W@t3r-fa11" dimension. Or "Ant1-gr@v"...

#4941 3 years ago

For those in the states gauging time frames I am #148 and paid in full 7/28/20. I’m thinking it should ship really soon but no shipping notice yet.

#4942 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I agree, this idea is more of an animation by playfield lights. Motion effect.
Like when you're standing stationary on the beach. Then a wave rolls in over where you are standing. The incoming wave not giving the strongest effect, but the outgoing water running back. If you focus down at your feet at this point you get the sensation you are moving when you know you are not. It can unballance you, I guess similar to the intention by having something similar in a game dimension.
This vid is for some other motion effect, but best I could easily find and it helps visualise the playfield lighting behaviour to give the effect. It is more Motion effect than "flashing".

C372A827-A2A5-4B7C-AD0A-AAF46314A17E.gifC372A827-A2A5-4B7C-AD0A-AAF46314A17E.gif
#4943 3 years ago

Anybody know where a good place to get replacement t4al fuses at? One blew earlier on my Rick and Morty and now my right side coils are out of order.

#4944 3 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

Anybody know where a good place to get replacement t4al fuses at? One blew earlier on my Rick and Morty and now my right side coils are out of order.

If they're the same as TNA you'll want https://www.pinballlife.com/20mm-slow-blow-fuses.html in 4amp

#4945 3 years ago

Does anyone know what would cause my Rick drop target to just outright fail over and over on The Drop Target Tests.
On Manual Test i just get STATUS -Target Up-Target Failure-Target Failure-Target Failure-Target Down and so on and so forth,
When i go to the cycle tests the Error up/Down will just go and go and go and stack up failure after failure and also give the status of Target Failure. I dont know if its something i can physically fix because i havent had to time to pop the hood but does anyone know what would cause that?

#4946 3 years ago

So close!

#4947 3 years ago

Such a good feeling when that bonus keeps going.

#4948 3 years ago
Quoted from Westbury:

Does anyone know what would cause my Rick drop target to just outright fail over and over on The Drop Target Tests.
On Manual Test i just get STATUS -Target Up-Target Failure-Target Failure-Target Failure-Target Down and so on and so forth,
When i go to the cycle tests the Error up/Down will just go and go and go and stack up failure after failure and also give the status of Target Failure. I dont know if its something i can physically fix because i havent had to time to pop the hood but does anyone know what would cause that?

By "fail" , is it not going up or not going down? . Unclear from your post.

If it is not staying up, could be broken plastic ledge. If not going down fully could be fouled switch blade.

#4949 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

By "fail" , is it not going up or not going down? . Unclear from your post.
If it is not staying up, could be broken plastic ledge. If not going down fully could be fouled switch blade.

Yes sorry i deleted my comment because Christopher from spooky tech emailed me back and it turned out the micro switch wasnt contacting when target dropped, just had to re adjust leaf a little and now it works fine and did not fail the Manual and Cycle Drop Target tests when i retested after adjustment.

#4950 3 years ago

Rick and Morty Season 4 is being released on DVD in just over a month! September 22, 2020 according to Amazon!

Very exciting!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sleepy Hollow, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.