(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 404.
#4751 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

No other game has multiple match sequences

That is incorrect. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have come up with the idea or requested it.

Perhaps you just haven't played every game.

Plus the thing is running commercials during attract mode so I kinda assumed it wouldn't be that hard to come up with another one.

#4752 3 years ago

I really like the match sequence especially when Morty leans his head in. Plus it’s kind of a key point in the series.

#4753 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Check out Star Trek. There are some games that have a few different match sequences, it’s not a big deal though, R&M currently has the best match sequence I can think of (Black Knight SOR also has a really good one).

As far as the start sequence to the mb, most people will just skip it after they’ve seen it a half dozen times. Every modern game is like that, doesn’t matter if there were three or four of them, you’d still be skipping them eventually to get to the action quicker.

#4754 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That is incorrect. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have come up with the idea or requested it.

I used to have the Stern Star Trek and I liked the match sequence on that. It had the turbo lift doors open and close and it would randomly show different characters in there.

On Elvira they randomize some of Elviras call outs for the movie intro's and multiball intro's to keep it from getting too repetitive (like who brought the dog in ghostbusters).

To be far I think all the LCD work for Spooky is done just by one guy, David Vaness. Stern on the other hand has a whole department of multiple animators and artists to do all of the LCD work. The LCD work on Rick and Morty is already extremely impressive. Once the code nears completion they might have time to add more variety to the things that happen often like the match sequence, multiball intro, etc.

#4755 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I used to have the Stern Star Trek and I liked the match sequence on that. It had the turbo lift doors open and close and it would randomly show different characters in there.

My idea came from Capcom's Break Shot, where they have two distinctly different match sequences that alternate at the end of the game.

If it's too hard to add another to R&M, it won't break my heart, it was just a request to add to the uniqueness and variety of the game.

#4756 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Plus the thing is running commercials during attract mode so I kinda assumed it wouldn't be that hard to come up with another one.

Learn to play better O-din and you’ll see the match sequence less often! Lol JK! As the software continues to improve (at an unbelievable pace I might add) and the sequences become a bit deeper and more random I suspect we will have more then enough to entertain us. Can only Imagine where this code will grow over the next year as its close to perfection now and they are showing no signs of letting up on progress.

#4757 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

No other game has multiple match sequences or multiple MB starts for any given MB. Why would this game be any different? (rhetorical question, I really don't want an answer.)
Honestly, we get interdimensional cable...what more can you ask for?

Break shot has multiple match sequences

#4758 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:Learn to play better O-din and you’ll see the match sequence less often!

You mean learn to play when I'm a little more coherent?

Darn thing's so entertaining as it is, I can't even look at another new game.

#4759 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You mean learn to play when I'm a little more coherent?
Darn thing's so entertaining as it is, I can't even look at another new game.

There are Other new games? None that I seen of interest? Well maybe HW that one is turning out to be great fun.

#4760 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Break shot has multiple match sequences

Which do you prefer, the one with the moose twirling the pool stick, or the one with the flying pool ball?

#4761 3 years ago

If you want variety, nothing touches R&M for call out variety. I've been resetting a lot ( trying to recreate reset bugs... Thats my story and I'm sticking to it! ). So far I've counted 16 different rest callouts!.

#4762 3 years ago

I'll be turning match off at some point anyway, like I do on all my games. Free Play = meaningless match. I'd much rather hear the end of game music right at the end of game!

I'm glad that restarts already have multiple taunts, as I do that a lot. Again, free play. I'm too old to waste time playing out shitty starts, I'm trying to beat my high scores! Anyone who objects doesn't understand odds. Doing it during practice has no effect whatsoever in competition, unless you are psyching yourself out.

#4763 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Free Play = meaningless match.

Not when an extra dollar is riding on it during some friendly wagering competition.

#4764 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Again, free play. I'm too old to waste time playing out shitty starts, I'm trying to beat my high scores! Anyone who objects doesn't understand odds.

Understanding odds and thinking restarts are lame are not exclusive.

It only takes one ball, my man.

#4765 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

To be far I think all the LCD work for Spooky is done just by one guy, David Vaness. Stern on the other hand has a whole department of multiple animators and artists to do all of the LCD work. The LCD work on Rick and Morty is already extremely impressive. Once the code nears completion they might have time to add more variety to the things that happen often like the match sequence, multiball intro, etc.

Interesting, I guess then the main factor becomes opportunity cost of time - if given the option of that time being spent on another adventure or another match sequence, I'd opt for adventure.

#4766 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

if given the option of that time being spent on another adventure or another match sequence, I'd opt for adventure.

No doubt.

But, if given the option for another commercial during attract mode, of which there are already more than one, or a second match sequence, which would you choose?

#4767 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No doubt.
But, if given the option for another commercial during attract mode, of which there are already more than one, or a second match sequence, which would you choose?

Definitely match sequence.

#4768 3 years ago

I'm done beating this into the ground, but that went into my thinking. I am not a programmer, so I don't know what goes into taking a simple clip and turning it into a match sequence.

What will be will be, and either way it is the most amazing game of the 21st century so far IMHO.

Thanks to all the hard work from everyone involved at Spooky and the folks from Rick and Morty.

#4769 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

False. I don’t know if there are other games with multiple match sequences, but Stern’s ST has three match sequences.

Edit - wow you guys are fast. There’s like a whole page of similar replies that popped up between the post I responded to and my own. Or I’m really slow

#4770 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Which do you prefer, the one with the moose twirling the pool stick, or the one with the flying pool ball?

Lol take a guess

#4771 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Understanding odds and thinking restarts are lame are not exclusive.
It only takes one ball, my man.

Anyone thinking what anyone does is lame is, uh, er, something akin to lame.

#4772 3 years ago

I guess I was mistaken. Either way, I'm hitting start before the match sequence finishes most games anyway. It never bothered me in the first place since most games have one match sequence, so it's pretty par for the course.

In that regard, it never hurts to ask.

#4773 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Sure, because the assets just draw themselves.

I dont have my yet and there isnt one to play near me.

So i can only comment from the peanut gallery.

A couple tiers would be excellent!

The battle as it stands can be a bit repetitive from what I've seen.

Something like on hobbit (5 tiers? You must be kidding lol) but maybe 2 or 3 so you dont play the same mode over and over.

If you finish a section it starts over with new objectives or a timed event.

But i agree lots of assets in play.

But it would deepen the game a bit and be epic!

#4774 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I dont have my yet and there isnt one to play near me.
So i can only comment from the peanut gallery.
A couple tiers would be excellent!
The battle as it stands can be a bit repetitive from what I've seen.
Something like on hobbit (5 tiers? You must be kidding lol) but maybe 2 or 3 so you dont play the same mode over and over.
If you finish a section it starts over with new objectives or a timed event.
But i agree lots of assets in play.
But it would deepen the game a bit and be epic!

Tiers like Pickle Rick (3) and Who’s Purging Now (3)?

#4775 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Tiers like Pickle Rick (3) and Who’s Purging Now (3)?

Thanks!

#4776 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Have you played this game yet?

No.

Quoted from guitarded:

So, get a Pirates and be happy.

That theme is too soft. I´m on the lov list from Scott since Friday that would be my substitution for RM it hasnt hit production yet and has no flat hippie code but deep challenging stuff like a 3 tier mode system and 2 wizards. So its basically a race between lov release and 2nd layer RM code.

Quoted from razorsedge:

I'm sure there will be some sort of wizard mode

Imn May Mr. Priepke said "not yet". The word "yet" keeps me from selling my spot rn. 1 wizard for starting all modes and/or for completing the modes would be enough.

#4777 3 years ago

Going to stream some Rick and Morty now.

www.twitch.tv/foxcitiespinball

#4778 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Sure, because the assets just draw themselves.

That's just the curse of asset heavy usage for games, especially for home ownership.

On some levels it's immediately immersive and accessible, but on others it's repetitive, and either ear wormish or grating, depending on the asset and user.

Always a tough balance to master.

#4779 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Imn May Mr. Priepke said "not yet". The word "yet" keeps me from selling my spot rn. 1 wizard for starting all modes and/or for completing the modes would be enough.

The thing I’m working on now is “Rick Potion No.9” - it’s the first adventure that will only be available in the adventure selector after you complete the card. It’s going to be a multi-stage longer thing because it’s kind of a “wizard” mode. Hopefully, we’ll eventually have more than one of those that you can only pick when it’s Morty’s choice - but there will be at least one for sure.

And the nice thing is, players that aren’t of a high enough skill level to get through the whole card can just set their starting stamps higher so they get to the selector sooner, so that we aren’t wasting time on content people will rarely see.

#4781 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The thing I’m working on now is “Rick Potion No.9” - it’s the first adventure that will only be available in the adventure selector after you complete the card. It’s going to be a multi-stage longer thing because it’s kind of a “wizard” mode. Hopefully, we’ll eventually have more than one of those that you can only pick when it’s Morty’s choice - but there will be at least one for sure.
And the nice thing is, players that aren’t of a high enough skill level to get through the whole card can just set their starting stamps higher so they get to the selector sooner, so that we aren’t wasting time on content people will rarely see.

A8656863-5BC5-4E1E-BF9D-C6044DDFEA53 (resized).pngA8656863-5BC5-4E1E-BF9D-C6044DDFEA53 (resized).png
#4782 3 years ago

Now I can’t get the image of a roadkill squirrel in Birkenstocks out of my head.

#4783 3 years ago

Is this normal? It seems like an opto issue on the Morty target. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Note, it happens most often on the Morty target but does occur on the Rick target too. It can happen with or without balls locked.

#4784 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Is this normal? It seems like an opto issue on the Morty target. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
Note, it happens most often on the Morty target but does occur on the Rick target too. It can happen with or without balls locked.

Mine does that as well, seems it tries to jiggle our balls a bit.

#4785 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Just a guess, but it seems like the game doesn’t think the target went up, so it’s re-trying. The drop targets have a single physical switch that lets the game know if the target is down when closed, or up when open. If the switch didn’t open properly, the game doesn’t think the target went up. Maybe check out your drop target operation with the drop target test in the service menu.

#4786 3 years ago

Where we at #’s wise?!

#4788 3 years ago

Has not been updated in a week. Should add the date to it so we know as well.

Hopefully someone posts new numbers today or tomorrow

#4789 3 years ago

I'm at 164. Was hoping to get my final invoice for payment last week, but still waiting

#4790 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I'm at 164. Was hoping to get my final invoice for payment last week, but still waiting

162 also waiting. I went with everything but bill acceptor including butter and purple door.

#4791 3 years ago
Quoted from tarzxvf:

Has not been updated in a week. Should add the date to it so we know as well.
Hopefully someone posts new numbers today or tomorrow

I haven't updated because I'm just taking the info that people post in the R&M threads. No one has posted anything since I updated. However, if you are suggesting I put a date behind each item as it is updated, I can do that. I just updated the ratings today.

#4793 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Just a guess, but it seems like the game doesn’t think the target went up, so it’s re-trying. The drop targets have a single physical switch that lets the game know if the target is down when closed, or up when open. If the switch didn’t open properly, the game doesn’t think the target went up. Maybe check out your drop target operation with the drop target test in the service menu.

Thanks! I will give that a try and report back.

#4794 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

I haven't updated because I'm just taking the info that people post in the R&M threads. No one has posted anything since I updated. However, if you are suggesting I put a date behind each item as it is updated, I can do that. I just updated the ratings today.

Perfect - thank you!

#4795 3 years ago

157 checking in. Figure I should get a shipping notice pretty soon.

#4796 3 years ago

158 checking in. what gliebig said

#4797 3 years ago

A while back someone posted a way to fix the subwoofer rail rattling. I can’t find the post. I think they inserted something into the rail slides? Wasn’t tape or foam.

#4798 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

A while back someone posted a way to fix the subwoofer rail rattling. I can’t find the post. I think they inserted something into the rail slides? Wasn’t tape or foam.

Try small zip ties with the "cube" end cut off. Worked on my TNA and ACNC. Put them between the plastic glass channel and the cabinet.

#4799 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

I’m #159 and paid on 7/20 and posted in the thread. Unfortunately no shipping notification yet.

#4800 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I’m #159 and paid on 7/20 and posted in the thread. Unfortunately no shipping notification yet.

That's weird because #158 paid in full on 7/29. If you guys are both through the same distributor, someone might have sat on that invoice for a bit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.