(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 404.
#4551 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Hey all, found a little nugget I had to tweak fix, here’s what I did, hope this doesn’t happen to you, but might save some troubleshooting for you in case it does.
I had a coil firing intermittent but quick and repeatedly. I couldnt see it to see what could have been hitting, it was only the sound and nothing was moving g. so I lifted the PF and had to check while game was on, what it was was the leaf switch for the scoop to register a ball inside wasn’t getting enough travel upwards to show the switch was open. It was pressing in the bottom of the scoop metal and was staying closed. You’ll see right at the spot where my yellow stick is pointing. I had to bend the switch down a bit so it could travel up and release. Just an FYI for anyone that may stumble upon this.
This pic is aiming back up the scoop from below it.
[quoted image]

While checking that on the scoop you may want to make sure the wires for that coil are out of the way of that metal plate that pushes the car up. The solder got knocked loose on mine and it stopped working. It looked like the wire and plate may have been in the way of each other so I tied the wire up and out of the way. Going to have to re-solder, first time I've ever done it so any safety tips? I'm assuming all I have to do is put it back in place and melt it back in there. I have a picture I can post if anybody is curious.

#4552 3 years ago
Quoted from Nikalou:

#133 just left the warehouse today and is on it's way to me
I can't wait for it to be okay for events to be held again so my company Psychic Drive can travel with it! I haven't been keeping up with this thread or watching too many videos of the game so I can't wait to learn about it.
For those curious I got all the options added to it except the butter cabinet. I intend to make my own headphone jack kit to install in the bill acceptor slot as well.

#134 put on the truck today. I got the butter cabinet. Proof butter is not holding up production..

#4553 3 years ago

Has anyone else had the same problem as much as me?!! I probably have the ball coming down the right ramp, sucking back like I hit a wedge into the green, and ripping right and down the outline? I’m probably getting it 30%+ of the time, and it’s really fucking up some nice balls.
I’d like a simple tune up. Do I just need to slow it down a bit? Remove some spin?
Signed - frustration

I can honestly say this hasn't happened once on my machine in over 300 plays.

#4554 3 years ago

Has anyone else had the same problem as much as me?!! I probably have the ball coming down the right ramp, sucking back like I hit a wedge into the green, and ripping right and down the outline? I’m probably getting it 30%+ of the time, and it’s really fucking up some nice balls.
I’d like a simple tune up. Do I just need to slow it down a bit? Remove some spin?
Signed - frustration

Do you have metric pinballs installed?

#4555 3 years ago

#130 showed up yesterday! It would've been here last week but I was on vacation when it was ready for shipping so it had to wait until I got back.

I'm a Rick and Morty fan. I've been watching since season 2 was released and this game is the best theme integration that I've ever seen.

Had to work through a few issues out of the box, but got around 10 games in last night.

I've noticed the pop bumper knocking the left flipper down. I read there is a solution to that, but can't find it.

Scoop and loop shots are fine for me right now. Loop shots are tough, but not unfair.

4A279C25-C784-4B60-9F18-ED3A59CA3CAC (resized).jpeg4A279C25-C784-4B60-9F18-ED3A59CA3CAC (resized).jpeg
#4556 3 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

I've noticed the pop bumper knocking the left flipper down. I read there is a solution to that, but can't find it.
[quoted image]

Main fix for flipper knockdown is to set hold power to high and adjust the EOS switch, however someone else posted ( regarding the right flipper ) about the flipper button actuator, replacing the long piece of plastic with a plastic disc to give a firmer, better connection and therefore better hold power ( not sure how that works though on a modern machine, someone please explain! )

#4557 3 years ago

Fixing the EOS is the most important bit - and the plastic bit on the right won’t do anything for the left flipper.

#4558 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Fixing the EOS is the most important bit - and the plastic bit on the right won’t do anything for the left flipper.

Of course, but how does the plastic disc improve the right flipper hold anyway? if the switch is made, and input to the board, how does holding the switch tighter improve things?

#4559 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

#134 put on the truck today. I got the butter cabinet. Proof butter is not holding up production..

Picking up #139 (butter cabinet) on Monday.

#4560 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Of course, but how does the plastic disc improve the right flipper hold anyway? if the switch is made, and input to the board, how does holding the switch tighter improve things?

I really don’t know - the only way it would really help is if the switch was barely making contact and fluttering open/closed; but I would think you’d see that in the flipper behavior. I don’t really know details of that particular situation.

#4561 3 years ago

I just want to shout out to Scott "Bug Nuts" Danesi for cutting out the bug nuts from the fluorescent plastic protector he made. Its so damn hilarious to see the whole bug lit up with a different color sack. A++ move sir. I applaud you.

Yall need to do what I did, buy the plastics before your game ships, then you will have them when it arrives. Then forget for like a week, and put them on after someone else brings up bug nuts on the thread.

#4562 3 years ago

Decent score.

F2DF98A4-7565-415D-8A08-B68DD18437E6 (resized).jpegF2DF98A4-7565-415D-8A08-B68DD18437E6 (resized).jpeg
#4563 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Decent score.[quoted image]

I like what you got.

#4564 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

That must have been one hell of a ride.

#4565 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Hard Hat Morty gets the job done

#4566 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Hard Hat Morty gets the job done

Hard Hat Morty is actually Dancer Morty from Big Morty’s strip club. [The more you know star]

#4567 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Nice!

#4568 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Hard Hat Morty is actually Dancer Morty from Big Morty’s strip club. [The more you know star]

I love when cowpoke Morty was backing off the stage when shit was going down in the strip club.

#4569 3 years ago

A couple issues I've had:

1) The game became overloaded and ran incredibly slow. I had several things going at the same time (mode & multiball & meeseeks mania), and the screen got laggy and shots weren't counting. If I drained during a ball save timer, it wouldn't recognize the ball as draining and it would not give me the ball back. If I pu ta ball in the scoop during these moments, it'll hold it for a solid 30 seconds before spitting it back out. Happened twice now.

2) When the game was not in any modes or anything at all, I put it in the scoop. It popped it out and I left it go to the left flipper safely, only for the left flipper to not work at all. This happened twice like this, and also once in multiball. The left flipped just didn't work (I was not in Blood Dome mode).

3) The lights don't always work right. Sometimes the game will start and the speaker lights will not. Then after a few minutes the speaker lights will work again. Same with the pop bumper, sort of. All the colors work, but it will not light on ball one to show that a megaseed is available, nor will it light during the Pickle Rick mode.

Meh... it's a work in progress, right?

#4570 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

1) The game became overloaded and ran incredibly slow. I had several things going at the same time (mode & multiball & meeseeks mania), and the screen got laggy and shots weren't counting. If I drained during a ball save timer, it wouldn't recognize the ball as draining and it would not give me the ball back. If I pu ta ball in the scoop during these moments, it'll hold it for a solid 30 seconds before spitting it back out. Happened twice now.
2) When the game was not in any modes or anything at all, I put it in the scoop. It popped it out and I left it go to the left flipper safely, only for the left flipper to not work at all. This happened twice like this, and also once in multiball. The left flipped just didn't work (I was not in Blood Dome mode).
3) The lights don't always work right. Sometimes the game will start and the speaker lights will not. Then after a few minutes the speaker lights will work again. Same with the pop bumper, sort of. All the colors work, but it will not light on ball one to show that a megaseed is available, nor will it light during the Pickle Rick mode.

I'm not a pinball tech and you should definitely ask Spooky's expertise on this but what you're describing sounds like a memory leak or thrashing, especially if it happens after you've been playing for awhile.

#4571 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Did you address this with Spooky to help or just a forum vent?

#4572 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

I'm not a pinball tech and you should definitely ask Spooky's expertise on this but what you're describing sounds like a memory leak, especially if it happens after you've been playing for awhile.

It’s not a memory leak. We’re watching that A LOT given the history. There were very significant changes made to the video handling for R&M that have the memory under control.

There’s an issue with the ending of Meeseeks Mania that spikes the CPU and triggers the watchdog to shut things down. The latest beta has a fix for it - waiting for feedback from the testers.

#4573 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It’s not a memory leak. We’re watching that A LOT given the history. There were very significant changes made to the video handling for R&M that have the memory under control.
There’s an issue with the ending of Meeseeks Mania that spikes the CPU and triggers the watchdog to shut things down. The latest beta has a fix for it - waiting for feedback from the testers.

I haven't found anything major in the latest Beta yet Eric in about 20 games. Only minor things like callouts ending other callouts and volume levels, nothing game breaking. I've never seen the kind of performance described above.

#4574 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Good to know, didn't know memory leak was an issue in the past. On TNA? because I'm trying to find one...

#4576 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

Good to know, didn't know memory leak was an issue in the past. On TNA? because I'm trying to find one...

Nah. Non-issue.

Maybe if you leave the game on for 10hra straight then it could use a reboot.

#4577 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I haven't found anything major in the latest Beta yet Eric in about 20 games. Only minor things like callouts ending other callouts and volume levels, nothing game breaking. I've never seen the kind of performance described above.

Agreed. Beta seems pretty solid. Just some minor things.

#4578 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nah. Non-issue.
Maybe if you leave the game on for 10hra straight then it could use a reboot.

I believe this was a problem with acnc.

#4579 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I believe this was a problem with acnc.

“Was”...it’s been resolved.

#4580 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Picking up #139 (butter cabinet) on Monday.

Picked up #137 (butter cabinet) Yesterday

#4581 3 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

Congrats man! You finally got your awesome number and game! Will look great in your lineup. Appreciate the cool add ons you have created for Spooky/Pinballife!

#4582 3 years ago

Thanks, It’s a lot of fun with great code. Still have to read through the posts and do some tweaking
I’ll probably also have to get some of your cool mods soon

#4583 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

“Was”...it’s been resolved.

Hence the use of past tense.

#4584 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Hence the use of past tense.

It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'was' was.

#4585 3 years ago

"Not gonna lie will trade glooms for gloobies" quote that i thought was funny. seen on a sign on a episode. Does anyone know what episode this is from. Kudos if you remember. Anyone keep binge watching the series over and over while we wait?

#4586 3 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

"Not gonna lie will trade glooms for gloobies" quote that i thought was funny. seen on a sign on a episode. Does anyone know what episode this is from. Kudos if you remember. Anyone keep binge watching the series over and over while we wait?

Mortynight Run S02E02

#4587 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'was' was.

Look up the definition and get back to me.

#4588 3 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

I so wanted 137...glad you got it Dino.

You picked up yesterday? I was told no pickup Friday because the shop was closed. Monday pickup for me. Cant wait!

#4589 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Look up the definition and get back to me.

It was a 90's reference.

#4590 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It was a 90's reference.

Or is that "still is" a 90's reference?, which can still be "was" even though it "still is".

"Was" is past tence, regardless of if things have changed or not.

Thus demonstrating to anyone not fully understanding the english language, that many words in the language can be exactly the same word, but still have very Different implied Meanings, depending on an often overlooked little thing called Context.

People often write and leave context open to interpretation, weather on purpose or not, and this can lead to misunderstanding and confusion. Happens a fair bit with text.

#4591 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Or is that "still is" a 90's reference?, which can still be "was" even though it "still is".
Thus demonstrating to anyone not fully understanding the english language, that many words in the language can be exactly the same word, but still have very Different implied Meanings, depending on an often overlooked little thing called Context.
People often write and leave context open to interpretation, weather on purpose or not, and this can lead to misunderstanding and confusion. Happens a fair bit with text.

Dude - if you’re going to be on writing patrol, at least get your spelling and capitalization scene together. Lol.

#4592 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I so wanted 137...glad you got it Dino.
You picked up yesterday? I was told no pickup Friday because the shop was closed. Monday pickup for me. Cant wait!

I picked it up at Pinball Life with lots more coin doors to paint.
Seems Like everyone wants a purple coin door

#4593 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Dude - if you’re going to be on writing patrol, at least get your spelling and capitalization scene together. Lol.

Didn't you know you're allowed to use capitals for emphasis these days ? Lol

It's a tough act to follow on pinside anyway, so needless to say I don't get too fussy aboot it in general.

Also remembering different countries each brutalise English in their own unique and colourful ways... I'll point things out, and happy for things to be pointed out to me!

If I didn't know it was fixed, I would have assumed "this was a problem with ACNC" could well mean the issues remain. The effort of one or two more words is all that was needed for clarity or context. Actually, No extra words! Only one different, "a" becomes "fixed".

"...this problem with ACNC was fixed"

Lack of clarity in posting, well intended or not, leads to confusion. Common these days especially on the web, I suppose we should be used to it by now

Thanks for picking up on my poor English anyway! . I do appreciate it!

:3

#4594 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Try “whether” if you’re going to police post.

#4595 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Try “whether” if you’re going to police post.

Thanks. Trivial in comparison for cause and effect.. But that Was a great pickup, anyway! ..... Still is!

#4596 3 years ago

Incase anyone hasn't noticed ( I only just did!) when entering your name you can use the magna save button instead of the start button. Mind blown .

#4597 3 years ago

Question for those with some time on the game.

If you fire a fast shot with the left flipper around the right side of the horseshoe when open (exiting left), where does the ball end up? On mine the lightning fast shots seem to go SDTM. Ive played around a bit with pitch and level but can't seem to avoid it. Are there any adjustments I can make to help with this? I try to be smart about avoiding that shot whenever possible just because it is so deadly on my game. Thanks!

#4598 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If you fire a fast shot with the left flipper around the right side of the horseshoe when open (exiting left), where does the ball end up? On mine the lightning fast shots seem to go SDTM. Ive played around a bit with pitch and level but can't seem to avoid it. Are there any adjustments I can make to help with this? I try to be smart about avoiding that shot whenever possible just because it is so deadly on my game. Thanks!

Happens on my game. It's probably normal as theres probably tons of spin introduced into the ball with a lightening fast shot and it whips around the horseshoe. That's why Eric put the short ball saver when a ball goes through the horseshoe to keep cheap SDTM drains from happening.

#4599 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think it's always going to be variable depending on ball speed, sometimes balls exiting left on my machine cut all the way across to the right flipper.

#4600 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Happens on my game. It's probably normal as theres probably tons of spin introduced into the ball with a lightening fast shot and it whips around the horseshoe. That's why Eric put the short ball saver when a ball goes through the horseshoe to keep cheap SDTM drains from happening.

Happens for me too, it’s a shot to avoid. The flooblecrank shot is so important and is consistently one of my highest priority shots, both for powering the anti-gravity, and in this case to set up a lock so that the horseshoe is closed and doesn’t just fire the ball back at you. Lots of strategy and setup shots in this game which I really like.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 300.00
There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.