(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 405.
#4501 3 years ago

Me too for #164

#4502 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Me too for #164

How'd you option it out? I got everything but the bill acceptor door (because I want the "Peace Among Worlds" sticker.)

#4503 3 years ago

I got every option except bill acceptor door and plastic protectors. Here's to hoping there is no delay for butter cabs!

#4504 3 years ago

Bumping my interest to purchase a R&M if someone is considering dropping out. Drop me a pm.

#4505 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I got every option except bill acceptor door and plastic protectors. Here's to hoping there is no delay for butter cabs!

Why no plastic protectors?

#4506 3 years ago

Love this game!

BEBD3BF0-6BFD-404B-BCB0-18AA4B7FE618 (resized).jpegBEBD3BF0-6BFD-404B-BCB0-18AA4B7FE618 (resized).jpeg
#4507 3 years ago

So the international units are being built out of order? Looks like some of the 190's are out of the way as well. No complaints just curious

#4508 3 years ago
Quoted from tarzxvf:

So the international units are being built out of order? Looks like some of the 190's are out of the way as well. No complaints just curious

Gotta fill that shipping container!

#4509 3 years ago

Must be building out of order. I’m #134 and not scheduled to ship till next week.

#4510 3 years ago
Quoted from tarzxvf:

Yeah it's a shipping thing. If you are sending 10 unites to New Zealand, it makes more financial sense to send all at once.

#4511 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Must be building out of order. I’m #134 and not scheduled to ship till next week.

Good to know. We're at #140 and have been curious if we were close to shipping. Invoice was on the 7th.

#4512 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

What options? I know butter cabs are taking longer to ship.

#4513 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Why no plastic protectors?

If I ever decide they are necessary I would add the fluorescent ones.

#4514 3 years ago
Quoted from tarzxvf:

What options? I know butter cabs are taking longer to ship.

My butter cab, #131 did not take any additional time to ship. I think the "taking longer to ship" for butter cabs was dismissed a while ago in this thread.

edit to add link https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/80#post-5717233

#4515 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I would put them is no matter what. for a cheap option, AND that ball flies around at a high rate of speed, any help to save plastics is smart in my books.

#4516 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

With the lighting effects in this game you dont want flourescent protectors. They will ruin the intended effects. Trust me!

#4517 3 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

My butter cab, #131 did not take any additional time to ship. I think the "taking longer to ship" for butter cabs was dismissed a while ago in this thread.
edit to add link https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/80#post-5717233

#4518 3 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

Id love to bolt a butter TNA to my floor.

So are they gonna make more tna.
I feel they have to.....

#4519 3 years ago

LOL alright, alright, you guys convinced me to add the plastic protectors.

#4520 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

LOL alright, alright, you guys convinced me to add the plastic protectors.

They really are a great add on and unlike most protector sets (aftermarket) Spooky puts them on ALL the plastics. One add I would always recommend based on the very affordable price they offer.

#4521 3 years ago

Anyone in continental Europe got their machine yet? Else there must be a large eu-container in the making right after the UK and Zimbabwe batch.

#4522 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

With the lighting effects in this game you dont want flourescent protectors. They will ruin the intended effects. Trust me!

While I agree the TNA theme fits the colored protectors better, what is it about the lighting effects that make you not want colored protectors in this game when they look amazing in TNA?

#4523 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

While I agree the TNA theme fits the colored protectors better, what is it about the lighting effects that make you not want colored protectors in this game when they look amazing in TNA?

Color protectors alters the way the light displays... Twilight Zone or underwater dimension with color all being filtered through a colored plastic changes things for example.

#4524 3 years ago

Got my invoice a couple of hours ago. #354 all paid up now. Ironically had to be two days after I just plonked $$ down to buy a White Water I came across. Expensive week all of a sudden lol.

#4525 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

There are dimensions that flood the whole playfield with a single color. If you have different colored protectors under some of the plastics it's going to not look as uniform in color.

20200721_192459 (resized).jpg20200721_192459 (resized).jpg
#4526 3 years ago

I got around to making some ball guide adjustments today and I am very happy with the results.

On the garage shot to the left I removed the second and third screw, slid the third screw tab under the wood rail, took out the led in the way (could probably stay) and drilled a new hole for the first screw. The shot is very smooth and easier to make now, but still a challenging shot. I don’t think this was entirely necessary, I thought the game played great without the adjustment, but it is definitely smoother this way and I’ve noticed more makes for sure.

The second adjustment was the rail leading to the upper flipper. I removed the second screw and the weird hidden post rubber. I slid the empty screw tab under the wood rail and simply pulled the first screw tab so it was better aligned with the flipper and screwed it back down, did not need a new screw hole there. This adjustment is easy and makes a huge difference, the ball transitions into that flipper perfectly and allows for cleaner shots.

I can’t get over how exciting the game can be so much of the time due to the stacking of modes, dimensions, and multiballs. The Gromphlomite MB is easy enough to get to be able to keep using it in conjunction with those other things. I’ll often keep it lit without collecting until I get a mode ready and a dimension going.

I have routinely been scoring 20k+ and have had several over 30, and I can see my scores going way higher once I get some of the shots dialed in a bit more. It’s so addictive! It’s also never leaving my possession.

#4527 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

There are dimensions that flood the whole playfield with a single color. If you have different colored protectors under some of the plastics it's going to not look as uniform in color.
[quoted image]

Work of art.

#4528 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

[quoted image]

Its insane how nice this game looks.

#4529 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

I got around to making some ball guide adjustments today and I am very happy with the results.
On the garage shot to the left I removed the second and third screw, slid the third screw tab under the wood rail, took out the led in the way (could probably stay) and drilled a new hole for the first screw. The shot is very smooth and easier to make now, but still a challenging shot. I don’t think this was entirely necessary, I thought the game played great without the adjustment, but it is definitely smoother this way and I’ve noticed more makes for sure.
The second adjustment was the rail leading to the upper flipper. I removed the second screw and the weird hidden post rubber. I slid the empty screw tab under the wood rail and simply pulled the first screw tab so it was better aligned with the flipper and screwed it back down, did not need a new screw hole there. This adjustment is easy and makes a huge difference, the ball transitions into that flipper perfectly and allows for cleaner shots.
I can’t get over how exciting the game can be so much of the time due to the stacking of modes, dimensions, and multiballs. The Gromphlomite MB is easy enough to get to be able to keep using it in conjunction with those other things. I’ll often keep it lit without collecting until I get a mode ready and a dimension going.
I have routinely been scoring 20k+ and have had several over 30, and I can see my scores going way higher once I get some of the shots dialed in a bit more. It’s so addictive! It’s also never leaving my possession.

Which number is yours?

#4530 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

Got my options email as well, #122

#4531 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Which number is yours?

I’m 122, got it a few weeks ago.

#4532 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I would have to agree on this one. TNA was a different story completely because I tailored the software to do cool things with the fluorescent green protectors. On TNA, it did make the plastics look slightly more yellow too during normal gameplay.

For Rick and Morty, I chose to stay away from making a whole fluorescent plastic protector for a few reasons, one of which is that the game does a bunch more color floods and the green really wrecked the lighting effects. I chose instead to make slingshot protectors only in case people still wanted to add a small bit of extra color to their playfield. The clear protectors from Spooky are the way to go from the factory if you want to make sure to give your plastics the longest life they can get.

Here are the fluorescent green slingshot protectors I made. I had a bit of fun with this set too.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0173-00

--Scott

#4534 3 years ago

Missed my invoice, Just paid it
Number 96 is coming to The Netherlands
Cant wait!

#4535 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

True. Time's been flying by though, at least around here. I just tried to put it out of my mind to the point of "if it gets here, it gets here when it gets here."
I'm sure Spooky would love to crank it up and get them out so they can get on with the next one.
And I can almost guarantee even when #750 goes out, it will still be the most modern game out there. And in great demand.

Should be around game #360 by year end. Mine ought to arrive Christmas week. Oh boy, RAM makes one helluva present and toy to open and play with all day.

#4536 3 years ago

Quoted from Pinball_Freak:R&M build sheet sent soon to be 5, sweet.[quoted image]

You’re going to need a bigger camera.

#4537 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Agree 100%

#4538 3 years ago

Have I never noticed these hairy bug nuts? I own the game. How have I not realized this?

And now I can't take my eyes off of it. It's like a cruel joke Scott is playing on me. Damn you, Scott "Bug Nuts" Danesi.

#4539 3 years ago

Finished my topper. Flashers on the death crystals that flash when the portal is active. Custom plastic for the pink hill to replace the stock hill that had Rick and Morty on it. I may step down the spotlights to a bit less bright of an LED. Overall happy with the result.

0608DC76-41F7-468C-9AEF-FCFD7D501B9D (resized).jpeg0608DC76-41F7-468C-9AEF-FCFD7D501B9D (resized).jpeg
#4540 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Have I never noticed these hairy bug nuts? I own the game. How have I not realized this?
And now I can't take my eyes off of it. It's like a cruel joke Scott is playing on me. Damn you, Scott "Bug Nuts" Danesi.

#GromflomiteNutz

#4541 3 years ago

Anyone from Australia know the most cost effective way to pay spooky?

the quickbooks link requires a credit card or routing number. If I pay through CBA it seems I'll pay 500 or so more than a service like transferwise...

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Matt

#4542 3 years ago
Quoted from Hungryforapples:

the quickbooks link requires a credit card or routing number. If I pay through CBA it seems I'll pay 500 or so more than a service like transferwise...

Spooky chooses Quickbooks, afaik that isn't optional?... not that I'd know for certain (Edit: Thank you for the option posted below RD!). I seem to recall asking something about it for some reason for TNA. I had no issues with Quickbooks, exchange rate was ok for mine, not much different than paypal or any others, it seemed. All within a cent. I use a credit union though too. Maybe CBA are just ripoffs?

Maybe they would take a bank cheque?

+ 3 cents in the dollar or so is a pretty major difference. What's the catch?
There's always a catch. I think maybe sometimes different ways can perhaps cost Spooky more, as well. ?

Au Dollar is being bullish... already saved thousands in the last few months of rate gains (compared to March)... heck by next week it'll probably cost you another 500 pennies less again, anyway!

I found my invoice in the inbox today. Some of my funds are cold hard, have to get back from work in the sticks and get that paid in.... I'll let you know how the exchange rate goes for me after the weekend. I suspect I'll get 70-71 cents in the dollar on Monday.

Meanwhile I finally learn my build number

BSE #500 heading downunder soon bitch!!

:3

#4543 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Finished my topper. Flashers on the death crystals that flash when the portal is active. Custom plastic for the pink hill to replace the stock hill that had Rick and Morty on it. I may step down the spotlights to a bit less bright of an LED. Overall happy with the result.
[quoted image]

Looks great!! Where did you source the death crystals?

#4544 3 years ago

I pay them via International Transfer straight off my banks website.

Costs me about $20 fees and I get the banks best exchange rate.

Email KT at Spooky and get the SWIFT number, account number etc. Remember to tick the box “sender will pay all fees” so that you are covering the cost of the transfer. And note your invoice number on your transfer.

Too easy.

rd

#4545 3 years ago

Any ideas?
Cheers,
Matt

Try:

https://www.ofx.com/en-au/

Will likely be the best rate.

Ask KT for all the bank details as per (she’ll know what to give u if u tell her you want to do an international bank transfer):

98DEAA90-B640-4832-9566-73C826DC61BA (resized).jpeg98DEAA90-B640-4832-9566-73C826DC61BA (resized).jpeg

#4546 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Looks great!! Where did you source the death crystals?

Spooky was kind enough to sell them to me. Same as the one on the playfield.

#4547 3 years ago

Hey all, found a little nugget I had to tweak fix, here’s what I did, hope this doesn’t happen to you, but might save some troubleshooting for you in case it does.

I had a coil firing intermittent but quick and repeatedly. I couldnt see it to see what could have been hitting, it was only the sound and nothing was moving g. so I lifted the PF and had to check while game was on, what it was was the leaf switch for the scoop to register a ball inside wasn’t getting enough travel upwards to show the switch was open. It was pressing in the bottom of the scoop metal and was staying closed. You’ll see right at the spot where my yellow stick is pointing. I had to bend the switch down a bit so it could travel up and release. Just an FYI for anyone that may stumble upon this.

This pic is aiming back up the scoop from below it.
6E166157-3710-45BA-B9DB-6B64E054A981 (resized).jpeg6E166157-3710-45BA-B9DB-6B64E054A981 (resized).jpeg

#4548 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Hey all, found a little nugget I had to tweak fix, here’s what I did, hope this doesn’t happen to you, but might save some troubleshooting for you in case it does.
I had a coil firing intermittent but quick and repeatedly. I couldnt see it to see what could have been hitting, it was only the sound and nothing was moving g. so I lifted the PF and had to check while game was on, what it was was the lead switch for the scoop to register a ball inside wasn’t getting enough travel upwards to show the switch was open. It was pressing in the bottom of the scoop metal and was staying closed. You’ll see right at the spot where my yellow stick is pointing. I had to bend the switch down a bit so it could travel up and release. Just an FYI for anyone that may stumble upon this.
This pic is aiming back up the scoop from below it.[quoted image]

Spider-man owners know this issue all too well!

#4549 3 years ago

#133 just left the warehouse today and is on it's way to me

I can't wait for it to be okay for events to be held again so my company Psychic Drive can travel with it! I haven't been keeping up with this thread or watching too many videos of the game so I can't wait to learn about it.

For those curious I got all the options added to it except the butter cabinet. I intend to make my own headphone jack kit to install in the bill acceptor slot as well.

#4550 3 years ago

Has anyone else had the same problem as much as me?!! I probably have the ball coming down the right ramp, sucking back like I hit a wedge into the green, and ripping right and down the outline? I’m probably getting it 30%+ of the time, and it’s really fucking up some nice balls.

I’d like a simple tune up. Do I just need to slow it down a bit? Remove some spin?

Signed - frustration

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/91?hl=mpdpvdpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.