(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 405.
#4401 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Rick keeps bringing me Megatrons from different dimensions. (It’s pet temp hair chalk by the way, for anyone wondering).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice dog, I miss my old standard, he had so many cool haircuts over the years.

#4402 3 years ago

Interesting artist that does clever off-brand interpretations of characters, with prints for sale.

Here’s Crink and Boaty.

https://shlives.bigcartel.com/product/crink-and-boaty-from-the-tv
60A59977-9821-4186-B003-69D7746401C4 (resized).jpeg60A59977-9821-4186-B003-69D7746401C4 (resized).jpeg

#4403 3 years ago
Quoted from LoneStarPinball:

No It seems he's the leader of the decepticons, not a punk rocker.

He can still be the leader of a gang of evil robots and listen to Punk Rick.

#4404 3 years ago

Love the polka dot version!

#4405 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Rick keeps bringing me Megatrons from different dimensions. (It’s pet temp hair chalk by the way, for anyone wondering).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like a larger version of Elvira's dog Gonk.

0d70fe3f31a26bc478976a17ebce1dc3 (resized).jpg0d70fe3f31a26bc478976a17ebce1dc3 (resized).jpg
#4406 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just raise a paw if you need to be rescued! Lol let’s hope that dog doesn’t walk in front of a mirror.

#4407 3 years ago

It’s funny but when Nugget gets a bad haircut he actually acts embarrassed.

AD6B9B56-4FFB-45D0-8928-3D7FE9DA35C8 (resized).jpegAD6B9B56-4FFB-45D0-8928-3D7FE9DA35C8 (resized).jpeg
#4408 3 years ago

Has anyone ever had to dismantle the backbox for transport around the house?
What are your experiences?
Easy Job?

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We do have a couple customers who do this! Definitely not recommended but it is very possible.

Hi Luke,

thanks for your comment, but that's not very helpful.
Of course i know that this is not recommended, that's always - maybe not at Pinball 2000.
But it's also very common, because some pinheads have a small staircase or something else.
So unfortunately it's necessary in some cases.

I was hoping to get some more concrete information. For example how many cables have to be disconnected, and if this is easy, or if there are cables that need special care, for example no plug.

Thanks in advance.

#4409 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

#442 is mine. All Aussie ones go together so our numbers are mixed and not sequential. Still waiting on my invoice build sheet sent back same day we got the group email.

Same here I was stoked to get my build sheet back on the 19th June as well, still awaiting invoice - my number is 354.

#4410 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Same here I was stoked to get my build sheet back on the 19th June as well, still awaiting invoice - my number is 354.

Good to hear you guys haven’t either. I know someone in the FB group got one so been expecting one any day.

I’ve got no idea what my number is.

#4411 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I’ve got no idea what my number is.

Lol glad to hear I'm not the only one!

#4412 3 years ago

Are they building them out of order? If all the AUS exports are shipped together - you have to wait until the very last one is ready?

#4413 3 years ago
Quoted from tarzxvf:

Are they building them out of order? If all the AUS exports are shipped together - you have to wait until the very last one is ready?

Doubtful. It’s likely that the later numbers would get them earlier (plus any shipping time).

#4414 3 years ago
Quoted from tarzxvf:

I hear portals spin in the opposite direction in Australia, so anything is possible.

#4415 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I haven't had the chance to catch up on this entire thread, but somebody asked me to post my solution for a fluttering or dropping right hand flipper if it gets hit hard by a ball. If anybody else is having this issue.
On mine it was the button switch not having enough tension when closed because of the long plastic actuator and the switch relocated to clear the shooter. Well, I had seen this before on No Fear, so I used an extra disc I had and now it works perfect.
I turned the original clear actuator upside down, so I could use the same screws and leave it in the same spot. Only other thing is I had to do is snip the excess end off the one leaf that protruded. Done.
Scott has also now whipped up some No Fear spacers, so they are readily available.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=03-9366.2
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

1. Do you know what size screw/washer is needed for this fix?
2. Is this fix coming from the factory on later builds, or is it something we should all plan for prior to receipt?

#4416 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:1. Do you know what size screw/washer is needed for this fix?
2. Is this fix coming from the factory on later builds, or is it something we should all plan for prior to receipt?

We are checking it out right now. Cut some to test out.

#4417 3 years ago

Anyone looking for those sold out Rick and Morty Mondo sculpts to replace the plastic R & M on their topper? Mine just showed up but I sold my spot. They look AMAZING, really high quality sculpts and you can change the heads out for different looks. Also there is a pickle Rick and rat that will fit as under glass mods. Will look RAD. Pm me if interested... they are unopened in the box.

1954A60E-7037-4B16-871B-1C208A33E8FA (resized).png1954A60E-7037-4B16-871B-1C208A33E8FA (resized).png9BCCF56F-6A30-4EB9-BD63-70B134BF7AAF (resized).jpeg9BCCF56F-6A30-4EB9-BD63-70B134BF7AAF (resized).jpegAC904CE4-3C38-474F-A733-FFBD7683BDEE (resized).jpegAC904CE4-3C38-474F-A733-FFBD7683BDEE (resized).jpegE02F775E-0EA7-411D-ACC6-CC49E9C11B9E (resized).jpegE02F775E-0EA7-411D-ACC6-CC49E9C11B9E (resized).jpeg
#4418 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Has anyone ever had to dismantle the backbox for transport around the house?
What are your experiences?
Easy Job?

Hi Luke,
thanks for your comment, but that's not very helpful.
Of course i know that this is not recommended, that's always - maybe not at Pinball 2000.
But it's also very common, because some pinheads have a small staircase or something else.
So unfortunately it's necessary in some cases.
I was hoping to get some more concrete information. For example how many cables have to be disconnected, and if this is easy, or if there are cables that need special care, for example no plug.
Thanks in advance.

i don't know it this helps, but i know someone who took the head off just enough to twist it 90 degrees. that was enough to fit it through the tight space. there's enough slack it the wires to do that.

#4419 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anyone looking for those sold out Rick and Morty Mondo sculpts to replace the plastic R & M on their topper? Mine just showed up but I sold my spot. They look AMAZING, really high quality sculpts and you can change the heads out for different looks. Also there is a pickle Rick and rat that will fit as under glass mods. Will look RAD. Pm me if interested... they are unopened in the box.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I recall the figures being too large proportionally for the portal though.

#4420 3 years ago

I’ve seen some photos of them being used as a topper and it looks great to me. FAR better than 2D plastics. That’s why I bought em haha

Quoted from jonesjb:

I recall the figures being too large proportionally for the portal though.

#4421 3 years ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCt5-V3jLmg/

Dan Harmon got his machine today....

#4422 3 years ago

So, uh, is no one gonna talk about how awesome the new Blood Dome adventure is? (Latest beta)

#4423 3 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

So, uh, is no one gonna talk about how awesome the new Blood Dome adventure is? (Latest beta)

Has it been streamed?

#4424 3 years ago

Mondo figures are SOLD ya’ll

#4425 3 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Yes it is, but I thought we weren't suppose to talk about it.

#4426 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Like Fight Club?

#4427 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I mean, kinda. Not streaming it is the big thing. At least one of the assets in that adventure is temporary, and there’s always the possibility that something else may change before it gets put into the main release.

#4428 3 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

How can you get into the beta program

#4429 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Id Love to know as well!

#4430 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Quoted from Westbury:

Id Love to know as well!

Me three. Checks build number. #634. Nevermind. Unless you guys want to send me my machine early. I'd be tons of help as I have nothing better to do in the summer but play pinball.

#4431 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Have you heard of the 12 Labors of Hercules? Let’s just say it is worse to get into the Beta program.

#4432 3 years ago

Figures seem like a great size to match the portal on the topper. I’m going to work on securing them over the weekend.

CE518863-B114-4F9B-9A23-C9AC837E5F0E (resized).jpegCE518863-B114-4F9B-9A23-C9AC837E5F0E (resized).jpegB402CCBA-7448-479A-AAE9-3DA144F665D7 (resized).jpegB402CCBA-7448-479A-AAE9-3DA144F665D7 (resized).jpeg
#4433 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Have you heard of the 12 Labors of Hercules? Let’s just say it is worse to get into the Beta program.

Is one of them living in Wisconsin? Cause I have a co-worker that I may be able to move in with. Not ready to denounce Mn yet though.
But since I dont have my machine yet, blood dome is more semantics dome for me getting access to beta

#4434 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i don't know it this helps, but i know someone who took the head off just enough to twist it 90 degrees. that was enough to fit it through the tight space. there's enough slack it the wires to do that.

Thanks for your posting, but i have to take the bb off complete.
Because we have to move it in the house 3 level up with very less space in the staircase.

#4435 3 years ago

Hey, so when I get an "update required" screen after performing an update, does this mean its a botched update and I need to redo the usb stick and try again?

edit: I used linux to format the USB with a fat partition and put the new R&M code (6.19 -- also my birthday!) on that partition.

edit: im dumb, it was a bad download, its updating now.

#4436 3 years ago

We've been re-watching the series and I had an idea for an adventure mode:

Rick Potion # 9

Start mode at scoop
Hit target to "apply love potion" (maybe use the kalaxian crystal target?)
Hit lit shots to "spread the virus" (once a lit shot is hit, the shots next to it also light up, indicating a spread)
Once all shots are lit/hit, get to the car to escape!
Could even build it further after that to help rick create the antidotes until everything goes all cronenberg...

Its definitely a rough idea...thought it was worth posting for the hive mind here to expand upon!

#4437 3 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

We've been re-watching the series and I had an idea for an adventure mode:
Rick Potion # 9

This is the first “Morty’s Choice” adventure that will only be available and when you finish the adventure card.
In progress; coming soon; yadda yadda

#4438 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Thanks for your posting, but i have to take the bb off complete.
Because we have to move it in the house 3 level up with very less space in the staircase.

So take this disclaimer: I don't work for Spooky, this is not official endorsement or advice, and you should bear all risks and proper judgement while considering removing the head from any modern pinball machine. It probably voids the warranty and is a risky maneuver. However, having said that, it's not really that hard to do if you take your time and use cautious sense. People do it safely all the time.

Essentially what you need to do is unplug the game, then carefully trace every cord and cable that runs from the head into the lower cabinet. Check and double-check. Take pictures. Tag them with tape. Note how they're routed around obstructions. Make sure you personally touch every one so you have that visual reference of what went where. Then carefully unplug and drop the connectors into the lower cabinet. Leave all boards, etc installed as they are - there's no need to remove them.

Now, inspect the hinges connecting the head to the cabinet. Spooky (or is it Pinball Life?) even sell aftermarket mod hinges, so you know these are removable. At any rate, make sure the head is stable before you remove these hinges. You can probably unbolt them from the head, leaving them connected to the cab. Once the hinges are disconnected, you should be able to carefully remove the head (after removing any other latches or bolts that may be used on a given game). A second person would likely be very helpful for this entire section. It's easiest to lift the head off from directly behind the machine - don't tempt fate by trying to stretch across the playfield.

After you relocate the game, set up the lower cabinet properly. Then carefully set the head back on the lower cab and secure it with latches/bolts/hinges - again, a second person can help stabilize and balance while you get the head tightened up. Then raise the playfield, reach behind/below and feed the cables back into the head to plug them in, making sure to double-triple check your connectors. Ask if you're not sure! Once you're confident everything is in the proper place and seated tight, plug the game in and go from there.

You can probably do it all in an hour, but don't rush. For what it's worth I'd wager some Sys11 and WPC games are likely more difficult to do than modern games

#4439 3 years ago

epthegeek I got a hilarious cycle of continual ball launching during a tilt. I will attempt to recreate it with a USB stick in this weekend.

Basically, I tilted right as i locked ball one. The game tilted, but then the ball lock screen came on, and a ball just continually loaded into the shooter lane and shot with the game in the tilted state. The ball I had in the horseshoe did not fall out. But it was auto launch, drain, auto launch, drain, over and over again.

#4440 3 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

epthegeek I got a hilarious cycle of continual ball launching during a tilt. I will attempt to recreate it with a USB stick in this weekend.
Basically, I tilted right as i locked ball one. The game tilted, but then the ball lock screen came on, and a ball just continually loaded into the shooter lane and shot with the game in the tilted state. The ball I had in the horseshoe did not fall out. But it was auto launch, drain, auto launch, drain, over and over again.

So, shoot ball in to lock, tilt before the game detects it as a lock (which, granted, there’s a good bit of time there because I have to wait for stuff to settle). Thanks for the report. Should be easy to re-create/fix.

#4441 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

So take this disclaimer: I don't work for Spooky, this is not official endorsement or advice, and you should bear all risks and proper judgement while considering removing the head from any modern pinball machine. It probably voids the warranty and is a risky maneuver. However, having said that, it's not really that hard to do if you take your time and use cautious sense. People do it safely all the time.
Essentially what you need to do is unplug the game, then carefully trace every cord and cable that runs from the head into the lower cabinet. Check and double-check. Take pictures. Tag them with tape. Note how they're routed around obstructions. Make sure you personally touch every one so you have that visual reference of what went where. Then carefully unplug and drop the connectors into the lower cabinet. Leave all boards, etc installed as they are - there's no need to remove them.
Now, inspect the hinges connecting the head to the cabinet. Spooky (or is it Pinball Life?) even sell aftermarket mod hinges, so you know these are removable. At any rate, make sure the head is stable before you remove these hinges. You can probably unbolt them from the head, leaving them connected to the cab. Once the hinges are disconnected, you should be able to carefully remove the head (after removing any other latches or bolts that may be used on a given game). A second person would likely be very helpful for this entire section. It's easiest to lift the head off from directly behind the machine - don't tempt fate by trying to stretch across the playfield.
After you relocate the game, set up the lower cabinet properly. Then carefully set the head back on the lower cab and secure it with latches/bolts/hinges - again, a second person can help stabilize and balance while you get the head tightened up. Then raise the playfield, reach behind/below and feed the cables back into the head to plug them in, making sure to double-triple check your connectors. Ask if you're not sure! Once you're confident everything is in the proper place and seated tight, plug the game in and go from there.
You can probably do it all in an hour, but don't rush. For what it's worth I'd wager some Sys11 and WPC games are likely more difficult to do than modern games

Wow, that was really detailed. Much thanks.
Maybe i forgot to say that of course i did that before with WPC, WPC95, Stern and JJP too.
So generally i'm in the track. I was just curious to know how it works with a Spooky pin before mine will arrive.
I thought maybe someone already did that.

#4442 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

I was just curious to know how it works with a Spooky pin before mine will arrive.

Sorry for the thesis... it sounded like you'd never done one before. So as for differences I've not had the fortune to own a Spooky yet (but am on the R&M list!) but figure it can't be too different; all my pins and service work on all other vendors / eras have shown minor variations on the same basic theme. So if you can handle the serpentine mess of a Sys11/WPC game, I'd say you're all set!

#4443 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Sorry for the thesis... it sounded like you'd never done one before. So as for differences I've not had the fortune to own a Spooky yet (but am on the R&M list!) but figure it can't be too different; all my pins and service work on all other vendors / eras have shown minor variations on the same basic theme. So if you can handle the serpentine mess of a Sys11/WPC game, I'd say you're all set!

Good guide. The only thing I noticed that may help that I have done.... instead of just letting the cable loom drop into the cabinet, I lassoo the whole lot together with a loop of string, leaving a long tail to hang out of the backbox hole. This makes it much more straightforward to retrieve on reassembly, and preserves original cable routing.

#4444 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This is the first “Morty’s Choice” adventure that will only be available and when you finish the adventure card.
In progress; coming soon; yadda yadda

Nice! Would love to see some Cronenbergs. I like how it sounds like Spooky is using Morty driven Adventures for "Morty's Choice," which makes perfect sense. Fingers crossed for some Vat of Acid or Dragon action.

#4445 3 years ago

Are we (deep) into 200s yet? I’m 357 btw.

#4446 3 years ago

Mid 100’s.

#4447 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Are we (deep) into 200s yet? I’m 357 btw.

Build sheet for 159 is what I’ve seen.

#4448 3 years ago

I just installed PinMonk 's replacement fan, made a huge difference. Now you can barely tell the machine is on. It was simple enough, the hardest part was working in the back of the cab, I'm sure it was easy to put it there with no playfield in!

#4449 3 years ago

I'd guess build sheets for the 160's will be this coming week hooray!

#4450 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I'd guess build sheets for the 160's will be this coming week hooray!

That's what I was hoping too, but it sounds like a big batch of Aussie games are in front of us.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

10,500 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/89?hl=easternbloc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.