(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 405.
#4301 3 years ago

10 hours in the car yesterday was so worth it. Picked up my machine and by the time I got home around 10pm I had 5 people ready to help carry it in and down the stairs. We only got a few games in but I am totally impressed. Super nice people at Spooky when my nephew and I got the tour and from start to finish was a really good buying experience. When I left I told them I'd seem them in 2 years. I hope it's sooner, but we'll see what the next table is.

No problems with the machine that I could tell and everything seemed fine right out of the box. It was nice to see all the different modes as I haven't watched too many streams. Everybody was laughing at the callouts and especially the Roy messages. They all commented on how nice the purple looked and the playfield is just perfect. Even after a dozen or so plays I don't see any dimples, but on the Sterns they would be there by now. The sound is so good and it feels like I have a shaker motor in it. I'll get some good time on it this weekend and see if I need to make any adjustments, but initial thought is that this thing is a blast.

11th pin I’ve brought into the house and never had this type of welcome.

04A5EF95-A9D7-4100-8C18-DDCC770D1DEC (resized).jpeg04A5EF95-A9D7-4100-8C18-DDCC770D1DEC (resized).jpeg
#4302 3 years ago

Is there a way to get the knocker to fire on a match when the game is set on free play? I've tested the knocker and it works, and have it set to on, but can't find anything in the menu in regards to turning it on or off during a match.

#4303 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is there a way to get the knocker to fire on a match when the game is set on free play? I've tested the knocker and it works, and have it set to on, but can't find anything in the menu in regards to turning it on or off during a match.

My knocker works in test but doesn’t in game or match.
I have up to date code

#4304 3 years ago

Need to get us some knockers working here.

#4305 3 years ago

Mine didn’t fire either but it is loud on the test.

#4306 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

My knocker works in test but doesn’t in game or match.
I have up to date code

Sorry guys, I thought I had this wired up - but apparently I’ll have to double check it. (I don’t have one in my white wood)

Edit: Yep - I’m a dummy. It’ll be fixed in the next update.

#4307 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Sorry guys, I thought I had this wired up - but apparently I’ll have to double check it. (I don’t have one in my white wood)

Thanks buddy! We have a little extra wager if somebody matches, and without the knocker, it can get a little confusing.

#4308 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

10 hours in the car yesterday was so worth it. Picked up my machine and by the time I got home around 10pm I had 5 people ready to help carry it in and down the stairs. We only got a few games in but I am totally impressed. Super nice people at Spooky when my nephew and I got the tour and from start to finish was a really good buying experience. When I left I told them I'd seem them in 2 years. I hope it's sooner, but we'll see what the next table is.
No problems with the machine that I could tell and everything seemed fine right out of the box. It was nice to see all the different modes as I haven't watched too many streams. Everybody was laughing at the callouts and especially the Roy messages. They all commented on how nice the purple looked and the playfield is just perfect. Even after a dozen or so plays I don't see any dimples, but on the Sterns they would be there by now. The sound is so good and it feels like I have a shaker motor in it. I'll get some good time on it this weekend and see if I need to make any adjustments, but initial thought is that this thing is a blast.
11th pin I’ve brought into the house and never had this type of welcome. [quoted image]

Congrats. Great to see the “kids” playing pinball.

#4309 3 years ago

Guys, just buy PinMonk ’s fan.

#4310 3 years ago

Blew out the pop bumper! Does the brown plastic go on coil side and can it go opposite way of the metal arrow? Only way we can put it back in without taking it all out. 3 washers per side and a nut for each pole.

00AA11F7-3BF2-47C0-B24C-8833E2D3F903 (resized).jpeg00AA11F7-3BF2-47C0-B24C-8833E2D3F903 (resized).jpeg
#4311 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Blew out the pop bumper! Does the brown plastic go on coil side and can it go opposite way of the metal arrow? Only way we can put it back in without taking it all out. 3 washers per side and a nut for each pole. [quoted image]

You sure you just weren't in the dimension where the pop bumper is disabled? :-/

#4312 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Blew out the pop bumper! Does the brown plastic go on coil side and can it go opposite way of the metal arrow? Only way we can put it back in without taking it all out. 3 washers per side and a nut for each pole. [quoted image]

May just be optical distortion, but it looks like the metal yoke that goes against is bent in the background, too.

#4313 3 years ago

Yes that is an optical illusion it’s not bent but it is curved like the piece in my hand it’s just made of metal. The markings on the plastic bracket show where the washers were so I’m pretty sure I know how to put it back together.

#4314 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Yes that is an optical illusion it’s not bent but it is curved like the piece in my hand it’s just made of metal. The markings on the plastic bracket show where the washers were so I’m pretty sure I know how to put it back together.

Pop bumper rod to yoke assembly is pretty standard. Look at another game (or pictures of one) for reference. Find those missing nuts! You don’t want them shorting anything. Nylock style nuts or removable Threadlock for regular nuts. Tighten the nuts just snug. Too tight and you can break the rod off the ring. Don’t ask me how I know!

#4315 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Here's a diagram from B/W.

pop-bumper-diagram (resized).jpgpop-bumper-diagram (resized).jpg
#4316 3 years ago

Washer goes on the threaded rod first, then the metal yoke, then the fiber yoke, then the nuts. The point on the metal yoke goes toward the bracket, the point on the fiber one away from it.

#4317 3 years ago

Awesome. Thanks!

#4318 3 years ago

Put up my best two scores tonight. Damn this game is addictive and fun! I meant to play some of my other games tonight but this game kept calling me back.

20200710_191529 (resized).jpg20200710_191529 (resized).jpg20200710_220555 (resized).jpg20200710_220555 (resized).jpg

#4319 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Put up my best two scores tonight. Damn this game is addictive and fun! I meant to play some of my other games tonight but this game kept calling me back.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Whooaaa!! What’s score!

#4320 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I had one side of my pop bumper come loose and jam the whole thing up. The 3 washers on each side leaves very little little room for the nut to be threaded far enough to get a hold. Can anyone from Spooky comment on why 3 washers are used? I’ve never seen that and seems to be causing the bumper to come loose.

#4321 3 years ago

This happened a little while ago!

44278DB6-BA3B-436A-B4A4-54B21A3533F2 (resized).jpeg44278DB6-BA3B-436A-B4A4-54B21A3533F2 (resized).jpeg
#4322 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

[quoted image]

Is that part acrylic or polycarbonate?

#4323 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Is that partacrylic or polycarbonate?

It seems like it snapped like acrylic. I'd think they should be using PET-G on all the plastics in the game for its durability. Learned that lesson making the Shadow Plastic Supersets...

#4324 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It seems like it snapped like acrylic. I'd think they should be using PET-G on all the plastics in the game for its durability. Learned that lesson making the Shadow Plastic Supersets...

Also learned years ago from the Alien games. That game is Terrible for shattered acrylic plastics.

#4325 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

[quoted image]

Hmm...that's not good, hindsight is 2020 obviously but bending a piece of plastic as a hinge...probably always going to fail eventually whatever you use. Maybe a part re-design is needed here.

#4326 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Hmm...that's not good, hindsight is 2020 obviously but bending a piece of plastic as a hinge...probably always going to fail eventually whatever you use. Maybe a part re-design is needed here.

If the right plastic is employed it should be fine. Lexan/Polycarbonate/PetG would surely be ok, these allow deformity and tend Not to crack. Tough but not as hard, you can fold Lexan, no crack. Lexan would be used for your Stock Car windscreen, for example. The 3 plastics I listed there really aren't the exact same as each other, either. They are similar.

Polycarb etc. would not snap that way, it would tend to deform or lose shape if bent beyond its yield.

Acrylic however, is naturaly fairly hard, and does not go well with being stressed or copping deformity. It cracks, or snaps, if you try to fold it or it gets stressed.

Acrylic is certainly much more common, easier to work with, and costs significantly less.

Material selection is a component of design.

#4327 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

[quoted image]

Bad design.
Will probably fail a lot if its the wrong material.

#4328 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Bad design.
Will probably fail a lot.

Not sure about "bad design", may be the wrong material or as this is the First report possibly just a bad part. It's pinball, stuff happens.

#4329 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure about "bad design", may be the wrong material or as this is the First report possibly just a bad part. It's pinball, stuff happens.

Probably wrong material.

Plastic flipper button opto interrupters seem to last millions of actuations.

What are those made out of?
Can you get it in clear or white?

White wouldnt look too bad.

#4330 3 years ago

Nothing a little duct tape wouldn't fix right up!

Seriously, I wouldn't call the little bit of flex they were expecting from that design a "hinge" but unless that's not acrylic and this one example had an existing flaw, I would expect them all to break eventually.

Whatever the case, I'm certain Spooky will take care of it! Meanwhile I'll consider it one more example of why I'm "glad" my build is halfway down the list.

#4331 3 years ago

Not worried about this. I think this is a fluke. Some R&Ms have thousands of plays, and no problem with this. Will it fail over a period of years or tens of thousands of plays...maybe. But this is pinball, all machines have stuff that will break and need repair. Just contact Spooky and they will make it right. No biggie.

#4332 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Probably wrong material.
Plastic flipper button opto interrupters seem to last millions of actuations.
What are those made out of?
Can you get it in clear or white?
White wouldnt look too bad.

Materials have been suggested but again, as this is the First minor failure I think it might be a bit premature to redesign it at this point. Ship only moves a few times per play and minimally at best.

#4333 3 years ago

Got around 50 plays on it now and can't wait to get home and knock out a few more. Shots are very tough, but I seem to be getting the feel of them now. I may do something with the scoop though as it does seem to do a fair amount of rejecting. The spinner though is very satisfying to hit and I have gotten a 4 in a row streak once and a couple of other 3 in a row. Left garage shot is very hard, but also real satisfying to hit. I really love the magna save and have developed some skill on it and it feels a lot like the TZ mini playfield the way you can sling the ball around. The adventures are so well done and I was finally able to get Roy almost 100% good. He died at 97 on my last play.

Only minor issues I've seen code wise is the Whirly Dirly audio goes down a few notches and can barely hear it compared to other adventures. Extra Ball light seems to be on quite often but never awards if you hit it. I do see the 2 skill shots, but the spinner is a slightly different color and if I hit it on launch it doesn't register a skill shot. Is that a skill shot and why is it a different color?

#4334 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Extra Ball light seems to be on quite often but never awards if you hit it. I do see the 2 skill shots, but the spinner is a slightly different color and if I hit it on launch it doesn't register a skill shot. Is that a skill shot and why is it a different color?

Strange, I've never had an extra ball shot not award. Are you sure all of the switches in your loop are registering? I don't think the spinner loop is a skill shot? it's a multiplier for the noob noob and garage shots I believe.

#4335 3 years ago

I don't think we've played well enough to earn an extra ball yet and haven't been notified that it is lit, but the insert is lit up quite often. I'll take the glass off and try it tonight.

#4336 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I don't think we've played well enough to earn an extra ball yet and haven't been notified that it is lit, but the insert is lit up quite often. I'll take the glass off and try it tonight.

Try the led test and see if it the extra ball insert is hooked up correctly. The led may be swapped with one for the GI if it is on quite a bit. This happened on my ACNC with the hurry up target and took a few weeks of playing to figure out.

#4337 3 years ago

So for those of you with a lot of time on the game, what are your favorite and least favorite dimensions to play?

My favorite: Night Vision- When you are playing in a dark room the effect is super cool to see. Plus, the mode doesn't come up very often for me so it feels really special when it does.

Least favorite: Either flipper button fires all flippers.-It's a great dimension in that it adds an element of challenge and chaos to the game but it is super frustrating and hard to get out of. I love that it's in the game but it causes me to cuss up a storm every time it comes up.

#4338 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

What are your favorite and least favorite dimensions to play?

I hate the dimension where I won't get my game until mid-2021. And it's the one dimension I'm stuck in.

#4339 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

[quoted image]

Its made from PET-G not acrylic.... Contact us and we will happily send you a new one.

#4340 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Its made from PET-G not acrylic.... Contact us and we will happily send you a new one.

I already let Morgan know and a replacement is on the way, no problem at all, great service.

#4341 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I hate the dimension where I won't get my game until mid-2021. And it's the one dimension I'm stuck in.

At least that’s better than the dimension where you don’t get a game at all.

#4342 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Man you guys are a rough crowd sometimes lol. We have just 3 reports that i can even think of this breaking and it IS made of the proper material. The best laid designs can fail man take it easy.

#4343 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

So for those of you with a lot of time on the game, what are your favorite and least favorite dimensions to play?
My favorite: Night Vision- When you are playing in a dark room the effect is super cool to see. Plus, the mode doesn't come up very often for me so it feels really special when it does.
Least favorite: Either flipper button fires all flippers.-It's a great dimension in that it adds an element of challenge and chaos to the game but it is super frustrating and hard to get out of. I love that it's in the game but it causes me to cuss up a storm every time it comes up.

I love the TNA dimension. A little nod to those that know Scott's previous work. Wilhelm deserves a mention only because my wife got multiball during this dimension, and it was flat out hilarious with non-stop screaming.

I don't have a least favorite yet. I seem to be experiencing the same ones over and over. I haven't even seen the two-flipper one you're talking about.

#4344 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Man you guys are a rough crowd sometimes lol. We have just 3 reports that i can even think of this breaking and it IS made of the proper material. The best laid designs can fail man take it easy.

It is airballs that cause it anyway. Nothing you can do about that.
Sending a spare is all that matters

Maybe toss a spare in the goodie bag for people

#4345 3 years ago

The “meaner” dimensions are held back until later in the game, so if you don’t go very deep in numbers of dimensions, you won’t see them.

#4346 3 years ago

Okay I wondered about that. You guys are talking about dimensions I haven't even seen yet. Guess I need to get that high score past 10million.

#4347 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

...it IS made of the proper material.

Those are made of PET-G? That's wild, I've never seen it break like that, even from repeated ball hits (like falling down from The Battlefield on The Shadow).

#4348 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The “meaner” dimensions are held back until later in the game, so if you don’t go very deep in numbers of dimensions, you won’t see them.

Oh that's interesting, good to know. My max for visiting dimensions in one game is maybe 3-4, and I only did that one time so far. I've been focusing on completing modes and just exploring in general.

I got a new thing to try now.

#4349 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Those are made of PET-G? That's wild, I've never seen it break like that, even from repeated ball hits (like falling down from The Battlefield on The Shadow).

Queue Cliffy conversation.

#4350 3 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Queue Cliffy conversation.

I'm not sure how a cliffy would help this problem...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 13,500.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.